Garry Twigg. :greengrin

Sean1875
10-08-2012, 10:41 AM

:panic:

phantomscotsman
10-08-2012, 10:42 AM
:aok:

hopefully a thread that sticks to topic.

fingers crossed we get some midfielders in with a bit of ambition and creativity...

:flag:

Tricla
10-08-2012, 10:47 AM

fingers crossed we get some midfielders in with a bit of ambition and creativity...

And a CF.

Sean1875
10-08-2012, 10:49 AM
A target man, a winger with a bit of skill, and a creative centre mid and I'll be relatively happy.

jamieross
10-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Craig Beattie (http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11788/7978948/Beattie-denied-Ibrox-move) insists money was not a factor in the collapse of his proposed move toRangers. The former Celtic and Hearts forward was wanted by Ibrox boss Ally McCoist but chief executive Charles Green has pulled the plug on a deal.

Worth a try?

Pretty Boy
10-08-2012, 10:53 AM
Craig Beattie (http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11788/7978948/Beattie-denied-Ibrox-move) insists money was not a factor in the collapse of his proposed move toRangers. The former Celtic and Hearts forward was wanted by Ibrox boss Ally McCoist but chief executive Charles Green has pulled the plug on a deal.

Worth a try?

Absolutely.

J-C
10-08-2012, 10:54 AM

Worth a try?

He's looking for a club and we're looking for a big striker. :greengrin

jamieross
10-08-2012, 10:56 AM
Thats my thoughts exactly :cb

phantomscotsman
10-08-2012, 10:56 AM

Worth a try?

definately worth a try.... Kinda striker we need...

Sean1875
10-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Yam fans would go off their tits aswell, added bonus :aok: Won't happen, but for the record id probably take him :agree:

Hermit Crab
10-08-2012, 10:58 AM
He's looking for a club and we're looking for a big striker. :greengrin

He'll end up back at the yams as will skacel, probably lining up against us on sunday.:rolleyes:

phantomscotsman
10-08-2012, 11:00 AM
A target man, a winger with a bit of skill, and a creative centre mid and I'll be relatively happy.

:agree:

Sean1875
10-08-2012, 11:04 AM
He'll end up back at the yams as will skacel, probably lining up against us on sunday.:rolleyes:

We signed Deegan 'officially' the day before the Dundee Utd game IIRC but he couldnt be registered in time to play. Does this mean that the Yams would have to announce the signings of Skacel and Beattie today then if they were to be able to play on Sunday? Or will it be different because they played for them last season?

Hermit Crab
10-08-2012, 11:14 AM
We signed Deegan 'officially' the day before the Dundee Utd game IIRC but he couldnt be registered in time to play. Does this mean that the Yams would have to announce the signings of Skacel and Beattie today then if they were to be able to play on Sunday? Or will it be different because they played for them last season?

Who knows, maybe they will be announced today though......:wink:

ancienthibby
10-08-2012, 11:18 AM
Beeb radio saying St Johnstone leading the chase for Beattie!

Sean1875
10-08-2012, 11:20 AM
Who knows, maybe they will be announced today though......:wink:

Oh you tease :greengrin

Sean1875
10-08-2012, 11:22 AM

Here comes the 7 pager about 'How can St Johnstone afford players like that and we cant?' :partyhibb

PatHead
10-08-2012, 11:24 AM

Thought his delay was down to awaiting international clearance from England. Don't think this would be a problem for a "Scottish" transfer.

Chuck Rhoades
10-08-2012, 11:28 AM
There is no chance in hell we will sign Beattie. We have been rotten for three seasons. Why people persist on thinking we can sign this caliber of player is beyond me.

flash
10-08-2012, 11:32 AM
There is no chance in hell we will sign Beattie. We have been rotten for three seasons. Why people persist on thinking we can sign this caliber of player is beyond me.

Away ye go. We have signed better players than him in the last 3 years.

PatHead
10-08-2012, 11:35 AM
The ironic thing about this and the other thread is that the only reasonable rumour appears to be Alan Maybury and we don't appear capable of closing the deal. Anyone know why?

Top Pans Hibby
10-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Beattie is exactly the type of player we need. If we had any ambition whatsoever we should be offering him and James McFadden deals they would have to consider. Players of this calibre will be the only motivation for a large number of Hibbies to go through the turnstiles this season. GGTTH.

dmc1875
10-08-2012, 11:49 AM
The ironic thing about this and the other thread is that the only reasonable rumour appears to be Alan Maybury and we don't appear capable of closing the deal. Anyone know why?

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at East Mains... what do they do with regards transfers? The one club in the league that needed major re-strengthening and the only club with no rumours apart from Maybury who is STILL not signed yet he has been with us for the entire pre-season.

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad the state we are in on the playing side

Diclonius
10-08-2012, 11:58 AM

St Johnstone constantly sign players that we are linked with and finished in the top half of the SPL last season.

It's a no ****ing brainer.

dmc1875
10-08-2012, 12:02 PM
St Johnstone constantly sign players that we are linked with and finished in the top half of the SPL last season.

It's a no ****ing brainer.

You've just got to wonder why don't you..

dmc1875
10-08-2012, 12:04 PM
That ''Hibs Rumours'' site doesnt half have a lot of b@llocks on it.

The two major rumours from it:

- 'Skacel will sign after the derby'

- 'Kenny Deuchar has offers from us and Stranraer to come out of retirement, was at east mains during the week'

Seriously.... :coffee:

chrisski33
10-08-2012, 12:11 PM

such as???

Leishy1995
10-08-2012, 12:15 PM
such as???

He must mean big valdas.

Hermit Crab
10-08-2012, 12:17 PM
That ''Hibs Rumours'' site doesnt half have a lot of b@llocks on it.

The two major rumours from it:

- 'Skacel will sign after the derby'

- 'Kenny Deuchar has offers from us and Stranraer to come out of retirement, was at east mains during the week'

Seriously.... :coffee:

Both laughable frankly.....

Diclonius
10-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Here is the main rumour:

Hibs have been seriously linked with no one and will more than likely sign no one.

THE END.

Franck Stanton
10-08-2012, 12:20 PM
such as???

Lets see, how about Stokes, Liam Miller to name just two

PatHead
10-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Here comes the 7 pager about 'How can St Johnstone afford players like that and we cant?' :partyhibb

Only took another 7 posts for it to start. That will be this thread goosed as well.

Springbank
10-08-2012, 01:20 PM
I may be alone here but I find it odd that other fans can separate the issues of "who are we linked with" and "how the hell did we lose out to them for him". They are all part of the same conversation to me

dmc1875
10-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Has Fenlon even said anything this week about singings? I haven't heard/seen anything in the media about it at all..

Just Alf
10-08-2012, 01:32 PM
I may be alone here but I find it odd that other fans can separate the issues of "who are we linked with" and "how the hell did we lose out to them for him". They are all part of the same conversation to me

Hmmm... I know what you're saying but I see it another way...... .....

if it's a rumour (strong or otherwise) then it's got to be in the rumours thread...
if we've lost out on a player, then he's no longer rumoured to be coming so start a new thread on why we lost oot?

don't get me wrong a couple of posts then back on topic is ok, but sometimes we read pages of it before we find a rumour in the rumours thread..... and there's me bloody adding to it!!!! :panic:

Edit: spelling!

Lmc2105
10-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Does anyone think that maybury will be announced today! As for beattie would be a fantastic signing just exactly what we would need for a big striker/target man,

Elephant Stone
10-08-2012, 01:35 PM
such as???

Garry O'Connor.

S4uzee
10-08-2012, 01:58 PM
no mention of anyone during the week which is extremely disappointing considering how glaring last sunday was

Pretty Boy
10-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Maybury now a done deal according to Hibs official text service.

Chuck Rhoades
10-08-2012, 02:11 PM

Who? Apart from loan signings.

Stokes/Miller - but they were before two horrible seasons.

Saints have consisted signed this caliber of player for two seasons now, as they are on the up. We are the flipside of that.

Aldo
10-08-2012, 02:45 PM
I can see maybe 2 possibly 3 more but nearer the last day of the window. I really do fear for us if we don't get another CF in before the window closes.

Hibee87
10-08-2012, 02:46 PM

your laughing but..................:wink:

Sweet Left Peg
10-08-2012, 03:25 PM

I will second that. Never mind a target man, let's get some players who can create chances. If you have a creative midfield, then we will score goals. Griffiths and Doyle can finish, the young lads too. A big tough target man, without a creative midfield, very quickly will lapse into a one dimensional style of unimaginative kick and rush. This is not how I would like to see Hibs play.

LancsHibs
10-08-2012, 03:46 PM
your laughing but..................:wink:

To be honest I won't be laughing if we have passed up on making a move on Beattie, who is a proven SPL goal scorer for Gary Twigg. If you look at Twiggs career it's hardly inspiring: started off at Airdrie before moving to Oxford playing in the English Confernce and then Hamilton where he was unable to establish himself in their first team! He then when to Brechin City before moving to Shamrock Rovers where he has admittedly been banging in the goals, like he did for Brechin, but at what level? The LOI is a much lower standard than the SPL (I know our league isn't great but is still ranked higher than LOI which is currently ranked by UEFA between the leages of Azerbaijan & Lithuania). I would have hoped we would be signing Beattie over Twigg any day.
Maybe we are interested in Twigg, it is a name ive heard being mentioned before, and maybe we are not, if so and he comes to Hibs I will wish him well and pray he is a success. It would however, be a risky signing as he's now 28 and never played at anywhere near this level and would have to come into a team low on confidence and be expected to get results from the off. The managers reputation would be hanging on this signing!!

keep the faith
10-08-2012, 04:55 PM
I tend to ask this every transfer window (because every transfer window we have needed his type of player) but where is mikey stewart? By my reckoning he has been without a club for over 12 months. The fight and guile he can give would be welcome in this midfield for sure. I am of course ready to be shot down!!

PatHead
10-08-2012, 07:53 PM
Is there a list of free agents of players released last year who still haven't signed for anyone else?

S.sct
10-08-2012, 08:54 PM
Here is the main rumour:

Hibs have been seriously linked with no one and will more than likely sign no one.

THE END.

Source?

blaikie
10-08-2012, 09:02 PM
I tend to ask this every transfer window (because every transfer window we have needed his type of player) but where is mikey stewart? By my reckoning he has been without a club for over 12 months. The fight and guile he can give would be welcome in this midfield for sure. I am of course ready to be shot down!!
It's strange nobody's took him on, he would be great if he still had those qualities and was willing to sign up.

JohnStephens91
10-08-2012, 09:17 PM

I've heard he wants to come to Leaf and be part of the roots of a new squad, of course I may just be 'bark'ing mad and need to log off.

darwenhibby
10-08-2012, 09:56 PM
To be honest I won't be laughing if we have passed up on making a move on Beattie, who is a proven SPL goal scorer for Gary Twigg. If you look at Twiggs career it's hardly inspiring: started off at Airdrie before moving to Oxford playing in the English Confernce and then Hamilton where he was unable to establish himself in their first team! He then when to Brechin City before moving to Shamrock Rovers where he has admittedly been banging in the goals, like he did for Brechin, but at what level? The LOI is a much lower standard than the SPL (I know our league isn't great but is still ranked higher than LOI which is currently ranked by UEFA between the leages of Azerbaijan & Lithuania). I would have hoped we would be signing Beattie over Twigg any day.
Maybe we are interested in Twigg, it is a name ive heard being mentioned before, and maybe we are not, if so and he comes to Hibs I will wish him well and pray he is a success. It would however, be a risky signing as he's now 28 and never played at anywhere near this level and would have to come into a team low on confidence and be expected to get results from the off. The managers reputation would be hanging on this signing!!

There is a young laddie at Blackpool we are trying to sign. Attacking left midfielder. His cousin played in goals for me years ago. He says that the boy had Hibs connections and only looking for £1500 pw. Up to Hibs Just what I heard.

Mikey
10-08-2012, 09:59 PM
There is a young laddie at Blackpool we are trying to sign. Attacking left midfielder. His cousin played in goals for me years ago. He says that the boy had Hibs connections and only looking for £1500 pw. Up to Hibs Just what I heard.

Does he have a name? :greengrin

NOLA
10-08-2012, 10:19 PM
Craig Brewster still playing? :greengrin thats the type of player id like to see upfront, some1 to hold the ball up and bring others into the game with knowledge to hand down to the likes of caldwell, cant think of any players around that fit the bill though

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2012, 10:24 PM
Does he have a name? :greengrin

Lewis Almond, watched him the other night when they played Chorley, ask him the score? :faf: Not for me Darwen's not got a clue about football, a bit like his mate from Bolton. :wink:

Fergus52
10-08-2012, 11:18 PM
Is there a list of free agents of players released last year who still haven't signed for anyone else?

I think this is one

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/suche/detailsuchespieler/suche.html?searchId=217

Macaroon
11-08-2012, 12:46 AM

Steady on..

SMAXXA
11-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Anyone know if we are actually interested in Cillian Sheredon?

S.sct
11-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Keep hearing that we are talking to Brian Easton. Would be very happy if true.

SouthMoroccoStu
11-08-2012, 05:03 PM

Another defender?!

MSK
11-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Keep hearing that we are talking to Brian Easton. Would be very happy if true.Would be much more happier if we signed a striker ..:agree:

truehibernian
11-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Has he not been training with Saint Mirren ?

EskbankHibby
11-08-2012, 06:05 PM

Love child of Graham Mitchell in my opinion. If he were to serve us half as well I would be delighted.

hibees 7062
11-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Love child of Graham Mitchell in my opinion. If he were to serve us half as well I would be delighted.
:agree::agree:

juniorhibbee
11-08-2012, 06:24 PM
Surely thats the defence sorted for now so hopefully paddy is now looking to bring in some attacking options because there is no one in the current team that excited me when they get the ball. At least under calderwood we had riordan who could be a potential match winner but this current squad is crying out for some match winners. C'mon paddy/Petrie get some excitement back on the pitch

K.Marx
11-08-2012, 06:28 PM
Heard on good authority that Shefki Kuqi has signed/is on the verge of signing

Lee
11-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Another defender?!

Maybury
Clancy
McPake
Easton

Would it be greedy to want this defence AND a new forward AND a new right winger?

Billy Whizz
11-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Heard on good authority that Shefki Kuqi has signed/is on the verge of signing

He's now 35
Source

Spike Mandela
11-08-2012, 06:36 PM
he's now 35
source

saga

Aldo
11-08-2012, 06:37 PM
He's now 35
Source

Not till nov. if true, for me anyway, would be an excellent signing. Just my opinion mind

Billy Whizz
11-08-2012, 06:39 PM
Not till nov. if true, for me anyway, would be an excellent signing. Just my opinion mind

I liked him when he was at Blackburn, but has never been a prolific goal scorer

hibeesjoe
11-08-2012, 06:39 PM
Straight from wikipedia so it may be doubtful

"Kuqi left the club following the expiry of his contract on 1 July 2012 as the club could not afford to keep him for the 2012-2013 campaign"

If Oldham cant afford him, could hibs?

Tricla
11-08-2012, 06:40 PM
He's now 35
Source

'Good authority' - Duh! :greengrin

Rivers Cuomo
11-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Would be delighted with Kuqi and Easton.

Even at 35 Kuqi is exactly what we need and would smash the SPL.

hibeesjoe
11-08-2012, 06:43 PM
He's now 35
Source

I would take Craig Brewster at the moment

Billy Whizz
11-08-2012, 06:43 PM
'Good authority' - Duh! :greengrin

You mean Doah!

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Easton will work nine to five.

BEEJ
11-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Correction! He was born in November 1976. So he'll be 36 in November.

Hope it's not a five year contract. :greengrin

Mark79
11-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Whats ray wilkins up to these days?

Mikey
11-08-2012, 06:56 PM
He's now 35
Source

His source is the PM board. It's from the post made by the person who said "please keep this on the PM board".

Craig_in_Prague
11-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Whats ray wilkins up to these days?

Boring the heck out of viewers on Sky last I knew.

Billy Whizz
11-08-2012, 06:57 PM
His source is the PM board. It's from the post made by the person who said "please keep this on the PM board".

What's the PM board?

J-C
11-08-2012, 07:06 PM
What's the PM board?

No smiley, so don't know if that's tongue in cheek.

PM board is when you donate £10 to join the Hibs.net private members club and hey presto a new board is there for all latest info.

George Clooney
11-08-2012, 07:06 PM
maybury's medical was this afternoon.

Billy Whizz
11-08-2012, 07:07 PM
No smiley, so don't know if that's tongue in cheek.

PM board is when you donate £10 to join the Hibs.net private members club and hey presto a new board is there for all latest info.

Quite happy to donate!

Mikey
11-08-2012, 07:11 PM
What's the PM board?

It's the Private Members board and there's a corresponding transfers rumour thread on it. Some folk choose to post their info there rather than on the main board, and it's often followed by "please keep it in here". The info about Kuqi didn't stay there for very long :greengrin

The first snifter of Deegan's signing also appeared on there :wink:

Mikey
11-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Quite happy to donate!

Subscriptions page :wink: ...................

http://www.hibs.net/subscription.php?folderid=0

Beefster
11-08-2012, 07:33 PM

chrissy_g88 isn't a PM.

Mikey
11-08-2012, 07:38 PM
chrissy_g88 isn't a PM.

He doesn't have to be.

sleeping giant
11-08-2012, 08:23 PM

:-) oh I wonder who that was !

mca
11-08-2012, 09:16 PM
Easton will work nine to five.

Does he no like Midweek Games... :hmmm:

shetlandhibee
11-08-2012, 10:25 PM
I will second that. Never mind a target man, let's get some players who can create chances. If you have a creative midfield, then we will score goals. Griffiths and Doyle can finish, the young lads too. A big tough target man, without a creative midfield, very quickly will lapse into a one dimensional style of unimaginative kick and rush. This is not how I would like to see Hibs play.

:agree: Riga would be gd

monktonharp
11-08-2012, 10:59 PM
Who? Apart from loan signings.

Stokes/Miller - but they were before two horrible seasons.

Saints have consisted signed this caliber of player for two seasons now, as they are on the up. We are the flipside of that.:agree:that's the real gripe with most Hibernian fans these days.I dont read much into rumours usually, but the ones heard about Saints , do appear genuine on quite a lot of occasions.case example, Cillian Sheridan. also linked with HFC alledgedly at the time but where did he end up? Beattie is definately a type we must have in this league,nothing surer than that and i'd be disgusted if he does end up at a club like the Saints, with all respects but if it is only money, then we really are in the poo poo, and if our manager was to say, he's not what we need then I think PF needs to walk.

AlbertK86
12-08-2012, 08:00 AM
:agree:that's the real gripe with most Hibernian fans these days.I dont read much into rumours usually, but the ones heard about Saints , do appear genuine on quite a lot of occasions.case example, Cillian Sheridan. also linked with HFC alledgedly at the time but where did he end up? Beattie is definately a type we must have in this league,nothing surer than that and i'd be disgusted if he does end up at a club like the Saints, with all respects but if it is only money, then we really are in the poo poo, and if our manager was to say, he's not what we need then I think PF needs to walk.

Beattie has signed for saints ! ?!!? !

K.Marx
12-08-2012, 10:13 AM

was not the PM board. had a phonecall telling me he was checked into an edinburgh hotel to complete the deal followed by another one 10 minutes later saying to keep this hush. oops :greengrin

hibs0666
12-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Any sign of the guy in the stand today?

AllyT
12-08-2012, 01:34 PM
Any sign of the guy in the stand today?

Yes :)

Speedway
13-08-2012, 09:39 AM
Aiming for Kuqi + 2 but need a certain player out to allow that final one to come in.

Billy Whizz
13-08-2012, 09:41 AM
Aiming for Kuqi + 2 but need a certain player out to allow that final one to come in.

O'Hanlon?

Aldo
13-08-2012, 09:43 AM

Any names speeders?? I would imagine a winger and another MF possibly, maybe even another CF?

fife hfc
13-08-2012, 09:52 AM
I would noy get rid of O'Hanlon as we are very light in the centre half position, as Stephens is not the answer. I don't want us to have to move Clancy in the middle if Mcpake or Hanlon are out.

Sproule would be the one for me to move on as he will be on decent wages and if he is not a regular starter, then this wage could be better spent.

Speedway
13-08-2012, 09:53 AM
O'Hanlon?

Nope, although he is free to go as is one other.

Any names speeders?? I would imagine a winger and another MF possibly, maybe even another CF?

Some of the names are already on here Aldo. Forsyth and Easton have been approached. I don't know about Watt or Bullard rumours though.

Billy Whizz
13-08-2012, 09:55 AM

Some of the names are already on here Aldo. Forsyth and Easton have been approached. I don't know about Watt or Bullard rumours though.

The only other one I can think of is Sproule?
Also noticed no Booth or Kujabi yesterrday in the squad

fife hfc
13-08-2012, 09:55 AM
Easton comes in for O'Hanlon would do for me and Forsyth in and Sproule out would also be an improvement.

PeterboroHibee
13-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Always thought Easton looked like a good player. Would that mean Maybury possibly moving into midfield?

PeterboroHibee
13-08-2012, 10:02 AM

The back line is pretty versatile now. Maybury, Hanlon and I imagine even Clancy could play LB if needed, so theres no point in having these guys on the bench. Its a shame for Booth who looked like he had so much potential, but we need guys who are going to deliver.

jacomo
13-08-2012, 10:07 AM
The back line is pretty versatile now. Maybury, Hanlon and I imagine even Clancy could play LB if needed, so theres no point in having these guys on the bench. Its a shame for Booth who looked like he had so much potential, but we need guys who are going to deliver.

I'd be sad if we got rid of Booth. I hope this is his season.

Kujabi now seems surplus to requirements unless he can be reinvented as a left winger.

fife hfc
13-08-2012, 10:09 AM
Booth is still young and can learn from Maybury and come back stronger. I still think with the squad at the moment he could play on the left of midfield and have Cairney in the centre. He would give us good width and can get a good ball into the middle.

Billy Whizz
13-08-2012, 10:10 AM
Booth is still young and can learn from Maybury and come back stronger. I still think with the squad at the moment he could play on the left of midfield and have Cairney in the centre. He would give us good width and can get a good ball into the middle.

Might be worth Booth going out on loan until January to get some game time

fife hfc
13-08-2012, 10:12 AM
I also feel sometimes people forget its a squad game and if a player is not in the starting XI then they should be sold. People like Stevenson, Booth and O'Hanlon are essential to have in our present state. I feel Stephens, Galbraith and Kujabi are three wages that could be better used.

fife hfc
13-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Booth can still play Under 20s so he will get game time there and still be available if required.

J-C
13-08-2012, 10:14 AM

Might see Booth playing regularly in the U20's league, help his development with regular game time there.

J-C
13-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Get shot of O'Hanlon and Stephens and bring in Easton as a better option squad player, Galbraith needs to go to free up his wages, as does Sproule.

GordonHFC
13-08-2012, 10:16 AM
What about Stevens.

Gone from seemingly a first choice central defender in pre season and at Dundee but nowhere to be seen yesterday.

J-C
13-08-2012, 10:17 AM
What about Stevens.

Gone from seemingly a first choice central defender in pre season and at Dundee but nowhere to be seen yesterday.

Obviously showed it in training but totally pish when it came to game time.

fife hfc
13-08-2012, 10:23 AM
Easton as back up? He would command a decent wage so can't see us paying him to be a back up. I would love us to do this as it would certainly give us a stronger squad but our back up players are usually not as good as our first XI due to the budget.

JimBHibees
13-08-2012, 10:23 AM

Hanlon?

McKenzie
13-08-2012, 10:24 AM
Galbraith?

KanyeWestLower
13-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Sproule? Didn't get on yesterday?

Beefster
13-08-2012, 10:35 AM
Someone said on here last week, Galbraith had been told he could find a new club.

HibbyKeith
13-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Sproule? Didn't get on yesterday?

This is my guess also. offers us nothing and will be one of the higher earners i would imagine.

TRC
13-08-2012, 10:50 AM
not a rumour as such but I see jimmy Bullard has left Ipswich not exactly young and had a few injurys in the past but I think he could do a very good job for us!

hibsfootballer
13-08-2012, 10:55 AM
not a rumour as such but I see jimmy Bullard has left Ipswich not exactly young and had a few injurys in the past but I think he could do a very good job for us!

David goodwillie is en route to Edinburgh. Source - his twitter

Macaroon
13-08-2012, 10:58 AM

He has joined Hearts on a season long loan.

Heisenberg
13-08-2012, 10:59 AM

He's joining up with the scotland squad.

KanyeWestLower
13-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Goodwillie is joining up with the Scotland squad

Cabbage East
13-08-2012, 11:00 AM

Where are you getting that from ?

Macaroon
13-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Where are you getting that from ?

Twitter, I have posted a thread.

Cabbage East
13-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Twitter, I have posted a thread.

No offence mate but are you saying your source is some random punter off Twitter?

Macaroon
13-08-2012, 11:04 AM
No offence mate but are you saying your source is some random punter off Twitter?

Why don't you go to the thread and read it rather than keeping this thread off topic. :aok:

Cabbage East
13-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Why don't you go to the thread and read it rather than keeping this thread off topic. :aok:

Why did you post unsubstantiated pish on this thread and drag it off topic?

IWasThere2016
13-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Galbraith?

Someone said on here last week, Galbraith had been told he could find a new club.

It is Galbraith

BarneyK
13-08-2012, 11:23 AM
It is Galbraith

Just about forgot he was still with us tbh.

scoopyboy
13-08-2012, 11:28 AM
Hanlon?

No danger will Hanlon be told to find another club. They have him earmarked to sell in a couple of years hence the contract til 2016.

As a BTW Booth had the same bug as affected Cairney and was sent home from training on Saturday.

Aldo
13-08-2012, 11:35 AM

Cheers for that. Yeah aware of names mentioned but thot you might have a wee surprise up yur sleeve for us.

JimBHibees
13-08-2012, 12:15 PM
No danger will Hanlon be told to find another club. They have him earmarked to sell in a couple of years hence the contract til 2016.

As a BTW Booth had the same bug as affected Cairney and was sent home from training on Saturday.

No chance he could be sold rather than being told to find another club.

IndieHibby
13-08-2012, 12:19 PM

In 2016? How could you know?

Thecat23
13-08-2012, 12:21 PM

100% not going to the Yams. No matter what is posted on sickback or here. Source is his agent.

down-the-slope
13-08-2012, 12:26 PM

Thank heavens for some factual info - :applause:....

Hanlon will in 2 or 3 years be seen as Steven Fletcher is now. Even in the bonkers world of SFA he has consistently played and captained with the best younsters from clubs much bigger than us in the U21's

If he is left to partner McPake we will see the best of both of them in time.

To repeat my self from other threads - the SPL is disadvantaged by the English league starting latter, both in term of getting players and also in looking to off load others...

JimBHibees
13-08-2012, 12:32 PM
In 2016? How could you know?

Apologies my post wasnt clear. What I was struggling to say was that is there no chance that he could be sold given that he is probably the only saleable asset we have at present e.g PF may want to sell him to increase his budget to bring other players in.

JHFC
13-08-2012, 12:45 PM
100% not going to the Yams. No matter what is posted on sickback or here. Source is his agent.

He also posted:

"@goodwillie25: Scotland friendly.. Where is this hearts thing coming from.. I haven't heard anything..??"

Mikey
13-08-2012, 01:03 PM
He also posted:

"@goodwillie25: Scotland friendly.. Where is this hearts thing coming from.. I haven't heard anything..??"

It was a line put out to gullible Hibbies by their yams "mates" in the week leading up to the derby. Plenty swallowed it big time.

scott7_0(Prague)
13-08-2012, 01:09 PM
It was a line put out to gullible Hibbies by their yams "mates" in the week leading up to the derby. Plenty swallowed it big time.

:rolleyes: your like a broken record.

scoopyboy
13-08-2012, 01:52 PM

Not that I'm aware.

However everybody has their price and if somebody came in with say a two million pound bid then I think Hibs would be gagging for him to go.

Note - I said £2m cos that is what Daniel Wilson went for and recently in u21 matches Paul has been the better of the two, I don't however think we would be offered that amount.

frazeHFC
13-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Not that I'm aware.

However everybody has their price and if somebody came in with say a two million pound bid then I think Hibs would be gagging for him to go.

Note - I said £2m cos that is what Daniel Wilson went for and recently in u21 matches Paul has been the better of the two, I don't however think we would be offered that amount.

I think Hanlon has looked better than Wilson too. His fee rises to £5m based on appearances, but when he was bought aged 18 or so i am guessing Liverpool thought he would maybe progress a bit better than he has?

HibeeMcGinn1
13-08-2012, 03:54 PM
My friend who works for a house viewing company is currently doing Stephen Elliots house which is being viewed by Daniel Bogdanovic this week. Could be nothing, could be something.

IndieHibby
13-08-2012, 03:55 PM
My friend who works for a house viewing company is currently doing Stephen Elliots house which is being viewed by Daniel Bogdanovic this week. Could be nothing, could be something.

Were we not rumoured to be in for him at the same time as Stokes? Or was it more recently?

frazeHFC
13-08-2012, 03:57 PM
Daniel Bogdanovic signed for Mosta recently, doubt he would leave without playing a game.

LancsHibs
13-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Daniel Bogdanovic signed for Mosta recently, doubt he would leave without playing a game.

Mosta are a tiny club even by Maltise standards and certs for relegation, you are right that he is a registered player for them but don't know how they could afford him, not sure what the score is there with regards to contracts so could be something in it???

fife hfc
13-08-2012, 08:31 PM
Agent Scotland on twitter says lee Cook ex QPR midfielder is joining us. Anybody know anything about him?

Mikey
13-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Agent Scotland on twitter says lee Cook ex QPR midfielder is joining us. Anybody know anything about him?

Interesting. Saw his name mentioned in the chat box earlier.

Heisenberg
13-08-2012, 08:34 PM

Will wait to hear it from some other sources. I'm convinced agent Scotland takes his info from hibs rumours.

PatHead
13-08-2012, 08:42 PM

Not Irish so there won't be truth in it. Anyone know if St Johnstone are interested in him?

fife hfc
13-08-2012, 08:43 PM
I was told by somebody at my sons football tonight but can't find anything myself, so maybe alot of b@ll@cks.

SMAXXA
13-08-2012, 08:44 PM

U got a link? Canny see it on the twitter?

SouthMoroccoStu
13-08-2012, 08:55 PM
Not Irish so there won't be truth in it. Anyone know if St Johnstone are interested in him?

:greengrin

Don't know him.

Any good?

Tyler Durden
13-08-2012, 09:16 PM
:greengrin

Don't know him.

Any good?

He's an out and out left winger, would be great signing if he could regain form of 4/5 years back. Another player who hasn't played much football in the last few years (I think). Think he had loan spells at Charlton maybe and at one point commanded a fee of about £2m but he's struggled to get a regular game in recent years. Which is no disgrace looking at QPR's squad for last 2/3 years.

That's my recollection of him but might be wrong about recent appearance record. Definitely a skilful player with good delivery.

lucky
13-08-2012, 09:30 PM

Can't see anything from him on this

fife hfc
13-08-2012, 09:34 PM
Just asked AgentScotland and it looks like it is aload of all bollocks, last time I listen to people at my sons football! Note to self check it out for self before posting.

Mikey
13-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Just asked AgentScotland and it looks like it is aload of all bollocks, last time I listen to people at my sons football! Note to self check it out for self before posting.

I think it was just on the hibs rumours site and someone mentioned it on here.

matty_f
13-08-2012, 10:24 PM

Wasn't Campbell's dad, was it? He's told me loads of goss for Hibs, of which exactly none of it has been accurate!!:greengrin

brog
14-08-2012, 10:17 AM

Not sure you're right there Mikey. I think it was gullible Yams who started the rumour & genuinely believed it & then some Hibs fans picked it up. It was never a flyer, St J pay Beattie more but Yams sign Goodwillie, aye right!! Sorry for going off topic!

fife hfc
14-08-2012, 10:27 AM
Wasn't Campbell's dad, was it? He's told me loads of goss for Hibs, of which exactly none of it has been accurate!!:greengrin

Na it was'nt him but his knowledge of what is happening at Hibs far outweighs any of the in the know people on here. He was quiet about Sundays game but and said it was dreadful and Hearts are rotten.

YehButNoBut
14-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Agent Football‏@AgentScotland Dundee Utd, Hibs and Aberdeen have enquired about the loan availability of Paul Caddis from Swindon

nribs
14-08-2012, 05:10 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19254116
Agent Football‏@AgentScotland Dundee Utd, Hibs and Aberdeen have enquired about the loan availability of Paul Caddis from Swindon

stokesmessiah
14-08-2012, 05:19 PM

Why would we possibly be looking for another right back, especially as Maybury has been signed now also.

CallumLaidlaw
14-08-2012, 05:20 PM
Another from AgentScotland - Three SPL clubs have expressed an interest in Derek Riordan, Kilmarnock are one, Dundee seem to be another, no conformation on the other one

Spike Mandela
14-08-2012, 06:01 PM
NHC

“@AgentScotland: Been informed that if Celtic make the Champions League they'll bid £3m + Daryl Murphy for Jordon Rhodes with a likely £15% sell on clause”

hibees 7062
14-08-2012, 06:08 PM
Why would we possibly be looking for another right back, especially as Maybury has been signed now also.

Right midfield maybe

brog
14-08-2012, 06:13 PM
NHC

“@AgentScotland: Been informed that if Celtic make the Champions League they'll bid £3m + Daryl Murphy for Jordon Rhodes with a likely £15% sell on clause”

That'll be £2.5mm then!! No chance!

Vault Boy
14-08-2012, 06:57 PM
I notice Southend have signed a keeper, this could mean that if we still have an offer on the table, Brown may return on reduced earnings.:dunno:
It'd be good to have an experienced keeper as back up.

Matty_Jack04
14-08-2012, 06:58 PM

Maybury is 35

stokesmessiah
14-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Maybury is 35

Yes i am aware of that...we signed Clancy as a RB and maybury as a back up for the defence, we also have Wotherspoon who can play RB.

Vault Boy
14-08-2012, 07:03 PM

I believe Caddis has also played at right midfield, could be wrong. Good player regardless.

Vault Boy
14-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Maybury is 35

We are looking at Caddis as a loan deal potentially, so this is an irrelevance. Also, just to be pedantic, he's 34.

YehButNoBut
14-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Swindon on Sky sports just now Caddis was capatain for them last year but seems to have had a fall out with Di Canio, not playing tonight.

Speedway
14-08-2012, 08:38 PM
I think the Kuqi deal is done and dusted tonight but another rumour that keeps popping up is Chris Iwelumo who has been given the Spanish Archer by Zola.

SouthMoroccoStu
14-08-2012, 09:01 PM
I think the Kuqi deal is done and dusted tonight but another rumour that keeps popping up is Chris Iwelumo who has been given the Spanish Archer by Zola.

That would be great.

I think wages would be a massive problem with Iwelumo

But Caddis on loan would also be welcomed

In Pat we trust

Jonnyboy
14-08-2012, 09:04 PM

If we sign him we must tell him that we will never be facing Norway in the SPL :wink: :greengrin

SouthMoroccoStu
14-08-2012, 09:06 PM
If we sign him we must tell him that we will never be facing Norway in the SPL :wink: :greengrin

Hee hee - naughty :thumbsup:

Dunbar Hibee
14-08-2012, 09:09 PM
AgentScotland talks absolute pants. Just saying.

JHFC
14-08-2012, 11:09 PM

That was a horrible moment. I remember watching that game on holiday, sitting proudly with my Scotland top on infront of lots of English and he misses that sitter!

ForeverGreen
15-08-2012, 10:12 AM
I know that transfer rumours page is a lot of nonsense but I always have a wee browse for a chuckle.. But there seems to be alot of people updating it saying we have enquired about taking paddy mccourt on loan for the rest of the season? I know this one has done the rounds now over the summer but I think outwith a striker he is exactly the type of player we need as Sunday once again showed we are missing a playmaker with a bit of craft within the final 3rd.

Swindonfan
15-08-2012, 10:21 AM
All swindon fans would be gutted if wee Caddy left us. Was best attacking right back in league 2 last year and we expect him to be same in league one.

From what we are told he become a dad in the summer and maybe his attention to training is lost. Dicanio dont take any crap from players. They do training morning and afternoon and on sundays and they have to eat together. He suggesting Caddis lost focus and isnt the same player as last year. Had big rant saying like a brickie with 4 kids doesnt moan about things, he just gets up and gets on with it. Dicanio thinks if you give players and inch they take a mile.

The only way i can see Caddy returning to Scotland is because of his misses. And only on loan as no club up there could afford what we wanted. Has been suggested interest from Ipswish and Sheff Utd but hopefully that is just rubbish rumours.

For a season i think Kuqi might be ok. Certainly offer the ability to win some headers upfront. Brewster was old and still giving a team something, think Kuqi could do the same. I can see it going right down to transfer deadline day and Hibs getting a couple of loans in from down south. Ecclestone at Liverpool is often suggested as promising and has been loaned out a few times. Scored in Ireland last night for a liverpool 11.

Speedway
15-08-2012, 10:25 AM
Rod fought the (Nicky) Law and the.....:whistle:

fife hfc
15-08-2012, 10:29 AM
It was suggested last night that somebody put in a bid for Well's Nicky Law. I gather you are suggesting it was us?

frazeHFC
15-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Sure i read a league 1 team made a bid for him.

fife hfc
15-08-2012, 10:33 AM
I thought the League one team put a bid in for Shaun Hutchison.

Famous5forever
15-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Its no that long now till the windae closes and still nae striker signed just sayin

JimBHibees
15-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Its no that long now till the windae closes and still nae striker signed just sayin Griffiths and looking like Kuqi also.

SouthMoroccoStu
15-08-2012, 10:55 AM
Rod fought the (Nicky) Law and the.....:whistle:

.....'Well rejected?

silverhibee
15-08-2012, 06:19 PM
In Pat wee trust. :aok:

Dombie
15-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Cryptic silver.... Or wishful thinking on my part?:confused:

jacomo
15-08-2012, 08:53 PM
I know that transfer rumours page is a lot of nonsense but I always have a wee browse for a chuckle.. But there seems to be alot of people updating it saying we have enquired about taking paddy mccourt on loan for the rest of the season? I know this one has done the rounds now over the summer but I think outwith a striker he is exactly the type of player we need as Sunday once again showed we are missing a playmaker with a bit of craft within the final 3rd.

Indeed we are. Paddy McCourt is not that player, however. McCourt reminds me of Ivan mk 1 - inconsistent and frustrating with little awareness, but occasionally the most exciting player on the park.

Famous5forever
16-08-2012, 08:42 AM
Griffiths and looking like Kuqi also.

Lee wiz already with us but he needs a strong strike partner like GOC Nae sign oh that happening just sayin

Edinburgh Green
16-08-2012, 08:57 AM
Lee wiz already with us but he needs a strong strike partner like GOC Nae sign oh that happening just sayin

eh.....apart from the possibility of us signing Kuqi?

Famous5forever
16-08-2012, 09:38 AM
eh.....apart from the possibility of us signing Kuqi?

Fingers crossed we sign him :aok:

yekimevol
16-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Been told that Kuqi has signed but waiting on the internation clearance.

R'Albin
16-08-2012, 11:59 AM
Been told that Kuqi has signed but waiting on the internation clearance.

Wouldn't he be okay given that he was in England last year? :confused:

The_Todd
16-08-2012, 12:01 PM

That would need international clearance iirc

Lurks
16-08-2012, 12:02 PM

Think you need clearance between different FAs.

R'Albin
16-08-2012, 12:27 PM
That would need international clearance iirc

Think you need clearance between different FAs.

SteveHFC
16-08-2012, 01:05 PM
@newshub_finland: Veteran Finnish striker Shefki Kuqi has joined Scottish Premier League club Hibernian.

R'Albin
16-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Yes!!!!!!! :flag:

Northernhibee
@newshub_finland: Veteran Finnish striker Shefki Kuqi has joined Scottish Premier League club Hibernian.

Welcome to the Hibees, Kuqi monster :hibees

steakbake

SFA and the FA are two different associations, aren't they?

R'Albin
16-08-2012, 01:11 PM
SFA and the FA are two different associations, aren't they?

Yeah but I was thinking with him switching from FA to SFA and not directly from overseas we wouldn't have to do that.

brydekirk
16-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Welcome big yin

Nando™
16-08-2012, 01:15 PM
That newshub_finland Twitter account has less than 10 followers, wouldn't assume it's that reliable.

Pedantic_Hibee
16-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Kuqi makes his way into the room for his unveiling to the local media........................

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2008/12/8/1228776702332/Shefki-Kuqi-001.jpg

Northernhibee
16-08-2012, 01:16 PM
A big, strong striker with a footballing brain that's absorbed tens of international appearances and a thunderous shot on him?

With the standard of the SPL being weaker than back then, can potentially see this being Sauzee-esque if he really wants to play for the club. Sauzee brought calm at the back, can see Kuqi being super-composed against a lot of the SPL defenders and giving Sparky a ton of space. Goals galore.

(Before anyone says, Sauzee was easily the better player, but you see where I'm coming from)

JimBHibees
16-08-2012, 01:18 PM
A big, strong striker with a footballing brain that's absorbed tens of international appearances and a thunderous shot on him?

With the standard of the SPL being weaker than back then, can potentially see this being Sauzee-esque if he really wants to play for the club. Sauzee brought calm at the back, can see Kuqi being super-composed against a lot of the SPL defenders and giving Sparky a ton of space. Goals galore.

(Before anyone says, Sauzee was easily the better player, but you see where I'm coming from)

Lets see how he does before comparing him to Franck. :greengrin

JHFC
16-08-2012, 01:20 PM
That newshub_finland Twitter account has less than 10 followers, wouldn't assume it's that reliable.

If you search 'kuqi' on twitter you will see a few different twitters have posted it.

Northernhibee
16-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Lets see how he does before comparing him to Franck. :greengrin

Setting myself up for a fall, if he can't be arsed he'll be utter bollocks :greengrin

Sodje was a ***** footballer but because he was strong he scored a good amount of goals.

Kuqi is strong, has a rocket of a shot and has played at a very high standard, and the SPL is at the lowest level of quality that I can remember by some way. If he wants to play, he's going to terrify a lot of defenders.

It all depends on his attitude; PF seems to be good about picking players with the right attitude so I trust him fully.

What's that putting the ball in the net? The Kuqi Monster, The Kuqi Monster :flag:

Nando™
16-08-2012, 01:27 PM
If you search 'kuqi' on twitter you will see a few different twitters have posted it.

Ah yes, certainly more believable now :aok:

JimBHibees
16-08-2012, 01:34 PM
Setting myself up for a fall, if he can't be arsed he'll be utter bollocks :greengrin

Sodje was a ***** footballer but because he was strong he scored a good amount of goals.

Kuqi is strong, has a rocket of a shot and has played at a very high standard, and the SPL is at the lowest level of quality that I can remember by some way. If he wants to play, he's going to terrify a lot of defenders.

It all depends on his attitude; PF seems to be good about picking players with the right attitude so I trust him fully.

What's that putting the ball in the net? The Kuqi Monster, The Kuqi Monster :flag:

Happy with the signing as he is exactly the type of player we need. PF is improving the spine of the team and we are looking stronger now than a couple of weeks back that is for sure. Think Sparky will benefit enormously from this type of player alongside him. The fact he played 40 games at Oldham last season is also an encouraging sign given his age of course players can get injured at any time.

BarneyK
16-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Ah yes, certainly more believable now :aok:

The gist of the Finnish reports seem to be that he will sign pending a medical today. I'm unable to see any of the Twitter reports being at work...:dunno:

California-Hibs
16-08-2012, 01:48 PM
He hasn't officially signed yet guys, maybe we should hold off with the 'welcome to the club big man' chat, for the time being..

R'Albin
16-08-2012, 01:50 PM
http://svenska.yle.fi/artikel/2012/08/16/shefki-kuqi-till-hibernian

Anfallaren Shefki Kuqi kommer att fortsätta sin spelarkarriär i Skottland. Den 34-årige Kuqi är på glid till Hibernian.
Säsongen 2011-2012 gjorde Kuqi 11 mål för Oldham i League One. Han har under sina år i det engelska ligasystemet gjort över 100 mål.
- Jag väljer hellre Skottland än de lägre divisionerna i England. Hiberian ville verkligen ha mig, så nu är jag väldigt taggad, säger Kuqi i ett pressmeddelande.
Under torsdagen genomgår Kuqi en läkarundersökning hos sin nya klubb, innan saken är helt klar.
Före Kuqi har även finländarna Mixu Paatelainen, Jarkko Wiss och Jonathan Johansson spelat för Edinburgh-klubben.

The striker Shefki Kuqi will continue his playing career in Scotland. The 34-year-old Kuqi is on the slide to Hibernian.

The season 2011-2012 was Kuqi 11 goals for Oldham in League One. He has during his years in the English league system has made over 100 goals.

- I would rather Scotland than the lower divisions in England. Hiberian really wanted me, so now I'm really psyched, Kuqi said in a statement.

On Thursday Kuqi undergo a medical examination with his new club, before the matter is clear.

Before Kuqi also Finns Mixu Paatelainen, Jarkko Wiss and Jonathan Johansson played for the Edinburgh club.

He's on the slide to us :thumbsup:

CRAZYHIBBY
16-08-2012, 01:52 PM
He hasn't officially signed yet guys, maybe we should hold off with the 'welcome to the club big man' chat, for the time being..

always one eh

500miles
16-08-2012, 01:56 PM
Quotes from Kuqi in a Swedish(seems to be the language, don't know if it's very similar to Finnish?) report.

Translated by Google.

The striker Shefki Kuqi will continue his playing career in Scotland. The 34-year-old Kuqi is on the slide to Hibernian.

The season 2011-2012 was Kuqi 11 goals for Oldham in League One. He has during his years in the English league system has made over 100 goals.

- I would rather Scotland than the lower divisions in England. Hiberian really wanted me, so now I'm really psyched, Kuqi said in a statement.

On Thursday Kuqi undergo a medical examination with his new club, before the matter is clear.

Before Kuqi also Finns Mixu Paatelainen, Jarkko Wiss and Jonathan Johansson played for the Edinburgh club.

BarneyK
16-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Quotes from Kuqi in a Swedish(seems to be the language, don't know if it's very similar to Finnish?) report.

Translated by Google.

Uncannily accurate reporting there :greengrin

500miles
16-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Uncannily accurate reporting there :greengrin

Must be true then!

Eyrie
16-08-2012, 06:50 PM

Translated by Google.

Other than Paatelainen, looks like Kuqi owes us for his countrymen's failings.

SouthMoroccoStu
16-08-2012, 06:55 PM
Must be true then!

A random Finnish twitter account says its true then I'm sold!

Still more accurate and reliable than the beeb:greengrin

Speedway
16-08-2012, 08:38 PM
there's a winger on Pat's shopping list, albeit not a primary target I understand. The question is whether Paw would Lett him go?

Callum_62
16-08-2012, 08:40 PM
there's a winger on Pat's shopping list, albeit not a primary target I understand. The question is whether Paw would Lett him go?

Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers?

Is he actually any good?

stokesmessiah
16-08-2012, 08:47 PM

Seen him in the paper today saying he was looking for a loan in order to get 1st team action.

R'Albin
16-08-2012, 08:48 PM

I can't figure out if you're being serious or if there is a joke in there somewhere :(

Pretty Boy
16-08-2012, 08:50 PM
I can't figure out if you're being serious or if there is a joke in there somewhere :(

Look at the current Aberdeen squad. Something might click.

SMAXXA
16-08-2012, 08:58 PM

He is well of the mark there is no way peter pawlett is coming to hibs and he's not even on the radar. If your gona spout this stuff at least give it some credence.

More chance of us signing pete pan

.Sean.
16-08-2012, 09:24 PM

Good player.

Speedway
16-08-2012, 09:32 PM
He is well of the mark there is no way peter pawlett is coming to hibs and he's not even on the radar. If your gona spout this stuff at least give it some credence.

More chance of us signing pete pan

Why would a player who can't get a game for the sheep, have no chance of coming to Hibs?

banchoryhibs
16-08-2012, 09:43 PM

He was in the same class at school as my son and I've watched him play from the age of 8. He's always been head and shoulders above the rest up to now. A real nice guy.
He had a broken leg in his mid teens that held him back a wee bit but is obviously well over that now.
He's certainly got potential but has not yet imposed himself in the Aberdeen team - He'd be worth a shout but we'd need to pay compensation.

R'Albin
16-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Look at the current Aberdeen squad. Something might click.

Got it, so he was being both at once! Very clever.

I would be really pleased with this, from what I have seen from him he looks like a decent prospect, don't know why Aberdeen would get rid of him though.

Hermit Crab
16-08-2012, 11:21 PM
Got it, so he was being both at once! Very clever.

I would be really pleased with this, from what I have seen from him he looks like a decent prospect, don't know why Aberdeen would get rid of him though.

He dived and won a penalty in a game we lost 1-0 iirc. Craig Thomson was ref too.......

R'Albin
16-08-2012, 11:25 PM
He dived and won a penalty in a game we lost 1-0 iirc. Craig Thomson was ref too.......

Yeah I remember that, Ivan was the "offender" if I recall.

I honestly think that game was a pretty important one with both sides veering off into totally different directions afterwards. Aberdeen went on an unbeaten run right after and we just collapsed. I wonder what would've happened had the game finished 0-0?

Hermit Crab
16-08-2012, 11:28 PM
Yeah I remember that, Ivan was the "offender" if I recall.

I honestly think that game was a pretty important one with both sides veering off into totally different directions afterwards. Aberdeen went on an unbeaten run right after and we just collapsed. I wonder what would've happened had the game finished 0-0?

Also sodje missed a sitter to make it 1-1 with about 2 minutes to go. CT made sure we were getting nothing from that game. All ifs and buts though lad. No point in worrying about it now.

Diclonius
16-08-2012, 11:47 PM

Surely there's no way we would get him?

R'Albin
17-08-2012, 12:34 AM
Also sodje missed a sitter to make it 1-1 with about 2 minutes to go. CT made sure we were getting nothing from that game. All ifs and buts though lad. No point in worrying about it now.

I know, it's just frustrating :(

frazeHFC
17-08-2012, 12:46 AM

Speedway you are a genius with all your hidden clues! Hated the guy since a game at ER but decent player and would take him.

leithsansiro
17-08-2012, 08:46 AM
Speedway you are a genius with all your hidden clues! Hated the guy since a game at ER but decent player and would take him.

I heard that rumour too - not sure what he would necessarily bring, other than something different to what we already have in terms of natural shape. Doesn't really create an awful lot and doesn't score. Unconvinced.

lucky
17-08-2012, 08:50 AM
Pawlett was making noises that we wanted away from the dons if he was not getting a game. But not sure if he is any better than Danny Galbraith

Wilson
17-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Pawlett was making noises that we wanted away from the dons if he was not getting a game. But not sure if he is any better than Danny Galbraith

Just less anonymous than Galbraith would do.

truehibernian
17-08-2012, 09:14 AM

However both need a full time physio given the amount of time they spend on the treatment table. Pawlett isn't for me - I always get a little worried when I see young lads hitting treatment tables more than the pitch. There are always occasions where luck deals you an unlucky hand in football but Pawlett seems to be injured throughout the season. Much like Galbraith. Strangely enough both are very skilled players too. I think PP also went off injured on Tuesday with the 21's (but will stand corrected).

I'd like Hibs to have gone for Nicky Riley at Dundee however I think he has committed to them this season and signed a new deal. If we are still in the hunt for Forsyth then I'd be over the moon (different player to Pawlett and Co but can also play outside left type position - and has physicality/height to his game).

HibbyAndy
17-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Peter Pawlett:no way:

darrenmcintosh2
17-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Any thing on Sanchez watt or rumours tam kite

HibbyAndy
17-08-2012, 04:04 PM
Any thing on Sanchez watt or rumours tam kite

Watt was that mate?.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-08-2012, 04:04 PM
If Pawlett can't get a game because a similar player that has been brought in is better, and Aibirdeen have nae erse left in their troosers to speak of, I would wonder why we didn't go for the player that is keeping Pawlett out, if he is of a type that we need?