PDA

View Full Version : Darren Jackson running his mouth

Pages : [1] 2

lugz
10-08-2012, 08:21 AM
Told my boss today that Fenlon will be away after the derby either by quitting or getting punted.

Supposedly Jackson was trying to get a trialist into the club and was told to hold off as there would be changes at the top after the derby.

Personally I'm no reading anything into it but thought I'd share what I've been told.

Brooster
10-08-2012, 08:23 AM
I think its just a matter of time before Fenlon leaves Hibs if Im being honest.

Craig_in_Prague
10-08-2012, 08:27 AM
changes "at" the top is exactly what's needed; not manager merry-go-round.

Saorsa
Told my boss today that Fenlon will be away after the derby either by quitting or getting punted.

Supposedly Jackson was trying to get a trialist into the club and was told to hold off as there would be changes at the top after the derby.

Personally I'm no reading anything into it but thought I'd share what I've been told.It's a pity the changes werenae right at the top, if another manager goes these clowns running Hibs must go with him.

down-the-slope
I don't beleive this at all - but IF Darren Jackson was given confidential information an is spreading to all and sundry it would say more about him than anything :rolleyes:

Beefster
And so it begins....

It's a pity the changes werenae right at the top, if another manager goes these clowns running Hibs must go with him.

They won't though.

lugz
10-08-2012, 08:29 AM
changes "at" the top is exactly what's needed; not manager merry-go-round.

Totally agree, they're going on about moving forward and being stronger but this is never going to happen without some continuity.

Steve20
10-08-2012, 08:34 AM
Jackson was told to hold off, yet the club still signed Deegan last week.

Non story IMO.

Andy74
10-08-2012, 08:35 AM
Let's not eh.

Gatecrasher
10-08-2012, 08:35 AM
Has he moved his family to Edinburgh? It would be a shame to uproot his life then leave just a few months later. Also our club seems to be going down the pan at a fast rate I'm really starting to worry for our long term stability

green glory
10-08-2012, 08:43 AM
Horsey poo.

down-the-slope
10-08-2012, 08:46 AM
Jackson was told to hold off, yet the club still signed Deegan last week.

Non story IMO.

:agree: Maybe PF said - Tell Jackson his player is Tom Kite, we are after better....Darrens not the brightest

Skanko79
10-08-2012, 08:48 AM
Take anything Darren Jackson says with a pinch of salt. The guys a mouthpiece.

Speedway
10-08-2012, 08:48 AM

:agree: I think it's only a matter of time before Rod does too. And Danny Galbraith, and Gary Deegan and yes....sadly, Tam McCourt as well.

Tricla
10-08-2012, 08:49 AM

Of course it is. Everything is 'just a matter of time!' :greengrin

Seriously though, anyone who thinks that PF wants to leave or who wants him to go is having a giraffe.

The last thing we need right now is a change of manager.

Absolute non story IMO.

Brooster
10-08-2012, 08:54 AM
Of course it is. Everything is 'just a matter of time!' :greengrin

Seriously though, anyone who thinks that PF wants to leave or who wants him to go is having a giraffe.

The last thing we need right now is a change of manager.

Absolute non story IMO.

I'm not saying he wants to leave. If what I'm hearing is true then he will be sacked before long.

woodythehibee
10-08-2012, 08:59 AM
What are you hearing?

Frazerbob
10-08-2012, 09:00 AM
Fenlon is completely out of his depth and I hope Jackson is on the button. As has been said before, it will make Rod's possition untenable.

Never a dull moment at ER......except on the pitch!

Cropley10
10-08-2012, 09:04 AM
I'm not saying he wants to leave. If what I'm hearing is true then he will be sacked before long.

Perhaps PF realises he's out his depth, maybe the standard of players at other teams, Hearts especially after the Final have made him realise that this is a bigger job than he can handle.

Maybe the Board have second thoughts. Another horsing by them on Sunday should certainly have thinking that if they've not already. Thankfully my season kicks off at 11am on Sunday so this is one Derby I can't make.

Brooster
10-08-2012, 09:05 AM
What are you hearing?

Cant go into detail but Im hearing snipets from the training ground about training methods and preperation for matches that doesn't fill me with confidence. By preparation I mean setting up our team and tactics to enable us to win games and nulify the threat of our opponents. I'm sorry I cant be more specific.

Wilson
Fenlon is completely out of his depth and I hope Jackson is on the button. As has been said before, it will make Rod's possition untenable.

Surely the time to get rid is before he *****s his budget in the transfer window and not after? Doesn't make any sense.

Malicious rubbish?

CRAZYHIBBY
Jacko can take a run and jump

Treadstone
10-08-2012, 09:06 AM
What if Hibs win the derby ? Will he still quit or get punted ? Dont think so .

Cropley10
10-08-2012, 09:10 AM
What if Hibs win the derby ? Will he still quit or get punted ? Dont think so .

If you really think Hibs under Fenlon will beat Hearts I'd suggest you go and put a large wedge on that.

Northernhibee
10-08-2012, 09:10 AM
What a heap of bollocks!

IWasThere2016
10-08-2012, 09:11 AM
Out of interest - what's the latest odds for Sunday? And what price is PF to be next SPL managerial casualty?

Phil MaGlass
10-08-2012, 09:12 AM
Joe Jordan next Hibs manager 4/1.

Cropley10
10-08-2012, 09:12 AM
Cant go into detail but Im hearing snipets from the training ground about training methods and preperation for matches that doesn't fill me with confidence. By preparation I mean setting up our team and tactics to enable us to win games and nulify the threat of our opponents. I'm sorry I cant be more specific.

Heard similar last season and posted much the same. Of course he's restricted by the players Calderwood left him with etc etc.

J-C
10-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Heard similar last season and posted much the same. Of course he's restricted by the players Calderwood left him with etc etc.

Ye but you can't use that excuse now he's rid the club of all these players.

Andy74
10-08-2012, 09:16 AM

I'm hearing snippets about supposed Hibs fans who do nothing but try and destabilise the club at every opportunity.

Sorry I can't be any more ******* specific.

Steve20
10-08-2012, 09:16 AM
Out of interest - what's the latest odds for Sunday? And what price is PF to be next SPL managerial casualty?

Fenlon is 6/1 at Paddy Power to be first manager sacked.

Steve20
10-08-2012, 09:18 AM
I'm hearing snippets about supposed Hibs fans who do nothing but try and destabilise the club at every opportunity.

As much as I think this story is nonsense, I think the board and players on the park do more to destabilise the club than supporters who post on a forum which is meant to be for people's opinions.

carnoustiehibee
10-08-2012, 09:24 AM

Had a look after last Sunday 9/1 on paddypower

SlickShoes
YAY let's sack another manager, it worked well the last few times so why wouldn't it shoot us right back up to the top of the SPL this time?

You people that think sacking managers year on year is good practice are as deluded as the yams that think there club is sustainable.

TornadoHibby
Surely the time to get rid is before he *****s his budget in the transfer window and not after? Doesn't make any sense.

Malicious rubbish?

And have you evidence that he has actually done that then? :confused:

Craig_in_Prague
10-08-2012, 09:31 AM
As much as I think this story is nonsense, I think the board and players on the park do more to destabilise the club than supporters who post on a forum which is meant to be for people's opinions.

Well said!
The fans have still been supporting in fairly healthy numbers over the years, given how bad we have been, it could easily have been a lot lot worse. The support is the only positive thing about the whole damn club!
What people write on here has heehaw to do with the clubs stability.

We also have a good number of fans who'll be at ER on a regular basis as soon as there's a tiny wee bit hope and improvement. Over to you, Hibs!

Captain Trips

What fans are those. They will want best and an instability will be for greater good. Stability with the wrong folk is imo worse. We have been stable near the bottom. Stability with wrong folk at club will do nothing.

Speedway
This manager blah blah, next manager can't do this, can't do that, board shouldn't wouldn't couldn't, negativity, defeat, loss, cyclical, ignorance of cause, perpetuate in ignorance, what is said on a messageboard doesn't affect club/players, I can say what I like I pay my money blah, blah, blah.

Sack Fenlon then, let's get it over and done with, let's sharpen the knives for the new guy and let's just get relegated, go bust and get it over and done with.

Viva Vlad.

Some of our number here on .net, some who feed them and moreso than the bounce for the first time ever, are poison for this club. Absolutely no redeeming features and if you were new to Hibs, you'd develop an immediate dislike for the followers and the club.

erin-go-bragh87
10-08-2012, 09:34 AM

This. What a mental place these boards are. Everyone know something but they can't tell. It's like the Hibernian Masonic Lodge.

Absolute attention seeking, "I can't go I to any more detail" should be read as I haven't finished making up my story yet.

Hibs90
10-08-2012, 09:35 AM
We would be daft to sack the manager anytime soon. He should be here for a few seasons at least to make his mark. Football fans expect too much too quickly, things take time.

Hermit Crab
10-08-2012, 09:36 AM

Personally I'm no reading anything into it but thought I'd share what I've been told.

Utter pash.

carnoustiehibee
10-08-2012, 09:39 AM
[QUOTE=SlickShoes;3320338]YAY let's sack another manager, it worked well the last few times so why wouldn't it shoot us right back up to the top of the SPL this time?

You people that think sacking managers year on year is good practice are as deluded as the yams that think there club is sustainable.[

Let's stick with a tactically inept manager cause you want stability. The only constant well get from him is being *****. If he ain't up to it, which looks more and more likely then keep sacking managers till we get the right one.

If fenlon does get sacked then Petrie has to follow.

scoopyboy
10-08-2012, 09:41 AM
I'm not believing the DJ story that this thread is about but I'm not so sure PF will be around long.

I'm not saying I want him out but nevertheless I think he will be.

Steve20
10-08-2012, 09:42 AM
This manager blah blah, next manager can't do this, can't do that, board shouldn't wouldn't couldn't, negativity, defeat, loss, cyclical, ignorance of cause, perpetuate in ignorance, what is said on a messageboard doesn't affect club/players, I can say what I like I pay my money blah, blah, blah.

Sack Fenlon then, let's get it over and done with, let's sharpen the knives for the new guy and let's just get relegated, go bust and get it over and done with.

Viva Vlad.

Some of our number here on .net, some who feed them and moreso than the bounce for the first time ever, are poison for this club. Absolutely no redeeming features and if you were new to Hibs, you'd develop an immediate dislike for the followers and the club.

People are entitled to an opinion. Just because you don't agree with it, doesn't make them any worse of a supporter than you. Should everyone say Hibs are doing great, Fenlon has gone a good job and the board have made superb decisions. No, because it would be lies.

Nothing poison about people caring that Hibs are heading in the wrong direction and want something done to change it.

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2012, 09:46 AM
Personally i know nothing about Pats methods, good or bad. I have been told things but i have no idea whether they are true or not?

I dont though for one minute think anyone who has given an opinion, or told this board a bit of information, does it because they want Pat or Hibs to fail.

Brooster
10-08-2012, 09:47 AM
This. What a mental place these boards are. Everyone know something but they can't tell. It's like the Hibernian Masonic Lodge.

Absolute attention seeking, "I can't go I to any more detail" should be read as I haven't finished making up my story yet.

Right you are mate, Ive never made up a story in my life (not on here anyway lol).

Let me put this to you - do you think its right that the Hibs players should be checking their mobile phones in the Tannadice changing room minutes before the kick off to see who is in the Utd team? Then deciding between themselves who they should be marking at set pieces etc.

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2012, 09:50 AM
Right you are mate, Ive never made up a story in my life (not on here anyway lol).

Let me put this to you - do you think its right that the Hibs players should be checking their mobile phones in the Tannadice changing room minutes before the kick off to see who is in the Utd team? Then deciding between themselves who they should be marking at set pieces etc.

Bloody hell.

IWasThere2016
10-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Personally i know nothing about Pats methods, good or bad. I have been told things but i have no idea whether they are true or not?

I dont though for one minute think anyone who has given an opinion, or told this board a bit of information, does it because they want Pat or Hibs to fail.

:top marks

marinello59
10-08-2012, 09:53 AM
People are entitled to an opinion. Just because you don't agree with it, doesn't make them any worse of a supporter than you. Should everyone say Hibs are doing great, Fenlon has gone a good job and the board have made superb decisions. No, because it would be lies.

Nothing poison about people caring that Hibs are heading in the wrong direction and want something done to change it.

If not poison then boring. Reading exactly the same thing on thread after thread is pretty tedious. We ALL know the problems and we ALL want things to change. Constantly repeating the same things on thread after thread no matter what the subject matter is, as some do, only serves to lower morale even further.

HFC 0-7
10-08-2012, 09:53 AM

Viva Vlad.

Its the board that have been sacking managers, not the fans. If the board dont have the balls to face an agm and back the manager in front of the fans when the going gets tough then its their fault not the fans. They are not just doing what the fans want either, if they were doing that they would be pumping money into hibs. Hibs are rubbish, they have been for a while, fans will be annoyed - its up to the club, board and manager to be strong and see it through. Either they havent done that and pulled the trigger to quick or they have done the right thing and emptied the manager as he was rubbish. Either way, its the boards fault not the fans.

Beefster
10-08-2012, 09:55 AM
YAY let's sack another manager, it worked well the last few times so why wouldn't it shoot us right back up to the top of the SPL this time?

You people that think sacking managers year on year is good practice are as deluded as the yams that think there club is sustainable.

I think you seem to be a bit confused about who actually sacks the managers. Might be best to direct your ire at the right people.

Brooster is one of the least likely candidates to post untruths IMHO. If there are problems behind the scenes, I'm not sure that discussing it will have any effect either way.

PatHead
10-08-2012, 09:55 AM

Sorry but I don't understand your post. Why did you tell your boss then come on here to tell us if you aren't reading anything into it?

Who told you that Jackson was trying to get a trialist into the club. Who was the trialist?Who told Jackson there would be changes at the top as only the very top level of the club could make that decision? Smells like a load of Tom Kite to me.By the way what happens if Hibs won comfortably on Sunday? Unlikely I know but strange things have happened before.

Del Boy
10-08-2012, 09:56 AM
If we lose on Sunday and put in our usual level of performance then I think the majority will be calling for Fenlon to go.

yekimevol
10-08-2012, 09:56 AM
paddy wont be going anywhere, unless he gets sacked.

BarneyK
10-08-2012, 09:57 AM

Surely the Utd team just about picks itself? :dunno: Injuries aside, they should have known what the team was likely to be, and all this work should have been done ahead of time.

sean
10-08-2012, 09:58 AM
this story does have some truth in it.

hibiedude
10-08-2012, 09:58 AM

Fenlon is just another manager who is a scapegoat for issues that need addressed at the top...spoke to someone yesterday who spent years working at the club...they won't have anything bad said about the Hibs but things are not right from top to bottom......the shop..ticket allocation...season tickets allocations being the main farce and it's all due to cutbacks in all areas of the club.

The person still works at the club but it's not a happy place to work at the moment.

Sorry to go off topic.

Part/Time Supporter
10-08-2012, 09:59 AM

That makes sense, given that team lines aren't confirmed until an hour before kick off. Obviously they should have an idea of who the opposition will play and plan accordingly beforehand.

johnrebus
10-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Doubt very much if this DJ story is true, but it is becoming increasingly obvious that Petrie has blundered again with the cheap option in appointing Fenlon.

No passion, no tactical awareness, no flare, nothing.

Just a dead and lifeless team.

After all that has gone before he starts the season with a side that includes, Stephens, Wotherspoon and Sproule?

We all know that supporting Hibs is a rollercoaster, but this shows no signs of bottoming out and rising again. The football is ****, plain and simple.

I would be even be happier getting beat if we were trying to get back to playing attacking passing football, but no, there are no redeeming features that I can see. Just basic, eye bleeding, lump the ball up the park and chase after it.

I don't know how far we are going to fall, but without something drastic we are heading for Division One - and it could be difficult getting out again.

:boo hoo:

lugz
10-08-2012, 10:03 AM
Sorry but I don't understand your post. Why did you tell your boss then come on here to tell us if you aren't reading anything into it?

Who told you that Jackson was trying to get a trialist into the club. Who was the trialist?Who told Jackson there would be changes at the top as only the very top level of the club could make that decision? Smells like a load of Tom Kite to me.By the way what happens if Hibs won comfortably on Sunday? Unlikely I know but strange things have happened before.

Maybe never made it very clear, I meant Jackson told my manager who proceeded to tell me. I'm not reading anything into it as I'd rather wait to hear from the club than believe chat. Don't think theres anything wrong with posting what I was told and seeing if others have heard similar.

mcfly
10-08-2012, 10:04 AM
We don't need these rumours before a derby!!

If true yet another pay off and less money for new manager!!

Embarrassing

BEEJ
10-08-2012, 10:05 AM
We ALL know the problems and we ALL want things to change. Constantly repeating the same things on thread after thread no matter what the subject matter is, as some do, only serves to lower morale even further.
No-one should come on here for a morale boost.

If that's what you're looking for - shreds of hope that the club may actually be doing some things correctly and that we are heading in the right direction - forget it. I've learned that over the last few seasons.

This is a place to vent your spleen when the club is failing badly. Not pleasant and you have to weed out the undercover ****-stirrers from the genuinely hacked-off supporters. But it's hard not to sympathise with the latter.

Craig_in_Prague
10-08-2012, 10:05 AM
Doubt very much if this DJ story is true, but it is becoming increasingly obvious that Petrie has blundered again with the cheap option in appointing Fenlon.

After all that has gone before he starts the season with a side that includes, Stephens, Wotherspoon and Sproule?

We all know that supporting Hibs is a rollercoaster, but this shows no signs of bottoming out and rising again. The football is ****, plain and simple.

I would be even be happier getting beat if we were trying to get back to playing attacking passing football, but no, there are no redeeming features that I can see. Just basic, eye bleeding, lump the ball up the park and chase after it.

I don't know how far we are going to fall, but without something drastic we are heading for Division One - and it could be difficult getting out again.

I agree 100% (except I'm not sure appointing Fenlon was just down to being a 'cheap option').

I fancied us to be beat last week; but the dead feeling in the side is the most depressing thing.

Perhaps relegation will be a good thing if it happens. Sometimes a step back is needed before going forward.

sean
10-08-2012, 10:06 AM

i know for a fact this is story does have some truth in it, i think if there is a bad result sunday we could see a change or two. Another shambolick peice of buisness by hibs, pat fenlons seems a nice, hard working man but lets be honest he was a cheap option and thats what we are getting.

i would love him too turn this club around and make it a sucess but i cant see it. There is alot of dead wood at hibs before they are all cleared out the club wont progress.

JimBHibees
10-08-2012, 10:12 AM

Why do you think that?

Baldy Foghorn
10-08-2012, 10:14 AM
I agree 100% (except I'm not sure appointing Fenlon was just down to being a 'cheap option').

I fancied us to be beat last week; but the dead feeling in the side is the most depressing thing.

Perhaps relegation will be a good thing if it happens. Sometimes a step back is needed before going forward.

Dear oh dear, what utter Bollocks

MSK
10-08-2012, 10:15 AM
i know for a fact this is story does have some truth in it, i think if there is a bad result sunday we could see a change or two. Another shambolick peice of buisness by hibs, pat fenlons seems a nice, hard working man but lets be honest he was a cheap option and thats what we are getting.

i would love him too turn this club around and make it a sucess but i cant see it. There is alot of dead wood at hibs before they are all cleared out the club wont progress.So what are the "facts" that you know then ..?

JimBHibees
10-08-2012, 10:15 AM

So players moaning, yippee just what we need.

Hermit Crab
10-08-2012, 10:16 AM

Aye good one, are you serious??:fishin:

IWasThere2016
10-08-2012, 10:19 AM
No-one should come on here for a morale boost.

If that's what you're looking for - shreds of hope that the club may actually be doing some things correctly and that we are heading in the right direction - forget it. I've learned that over the last few seasons.

This is a place to vent your spleen when the club is failing badly. Not pleasant and you have to weed out the undercover ****-stirrers from the genuinely hacked-off supporters. But it's hard not to sympathise with the latter.

:agree:

That would be disasterous IMHO.

Craig_in_Prague
10-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Dear oh dear, what utter Bollocks

Well how much longer can we keep flirting with relegation and watching our team not be competitive?

Seriously, can't take much more of it !

I absolutely would not want Hibs to go down. It might be ultimately better for most of the fans health though.

marinello59
This is a place to vent your spleen when the club is failing badly.

I don't think that yourself thinks that this place is only for venting your spleen on. Some obviously do though.

blackpoolhibs
I cant agree with relegation perhaps being a good thing, we NEED to be an SPL side at all costs.

Northernhibee

One game into the season. That PF was sidelined for.

JimBHibees
10-08-2012, 10:22 AM
That makes sense, given that team lines aren't confirmed until an hour before kick off. Obviously they should have an idea of who the opposition will play and plan accordingly beforehand.

Yep complete bull.

GreenOnions
10-08-2012, 10:24 AM
I'm sorry but I'm very tired of hearing about Hibs players saying that the manager isn't any good. Why don't they leave that until they've had a look in the mirror - or even better - watched a DVD of their matchday performances?

Players making comments like the ones alluded to here will have no credibility until they actually show they are any good. Why would anyone listen to players who came second bottom of one of the poorest leagues in Europe when they criticise the manager?

IF we have a poor manager then it would appear that our players are being managed by someone with the appropriate skill level for them.

They need to get a grip and take some responsibility IMO

JimBHibees
10-08-2012, 10:29 AM
I'm sorry but I'm very tired of hearing about Hibs players saying that the manager isn't any good. Why don't they leave that until they've had a look in the mirror - or even better - watched a DVD of their matchday performances?

Players making comments like the ones alluded to here will have no credibility until they actually show they are any good. Why would anyone listen to players who came second bottom of one of the poorest leagues in Europe when they criticise the manager?

IF we have a poor manager then it would appear that our players are being managed by someone with the appropriate skill level for them.

Spot on, getting heartily sick of failed players giving out little titbits of joy to undermine the manager, club with some only too willing to accept the backstabbing as fact.

The Open training session to me showed a good level of self confidence by the manager and should you would have thought shot down all this nonsense about basic training. I wasnt there personally however it sounded like a well organised and varied session which most modern football teams would be doing. That some are still prepared to believe malicious nonsense is IMO astonishing.

Northernhibee
10-08-2012, 10:30 AM
"So, you saved us from relegation, got us to a cup final, only been able to ditch half the dross, only been able to get a handful of players who are much better in and not yet been in the dugout for a competitive game this season? You'll have to go Pat".

The board must wet the bed as much as certain people on here if there's even a hint of truth in this...

Pretty Boy
10-08-2012, 10:30 AM
A few points:

I have no idea about the truth of what DJ is saying but could it not be that he's a bit bitter that we didn't take his player?

If there is any truth in the PF going rumour then heads have to roll at the very top. If PF feels he isn't being backed (which I don't believe) that's bad, if it turns out he's another poor appointment (again I don't believe this) then that's unforgivable.

I can't see any scenario whereby relegation.would be a good thing. It would be a disaster both financially and on the park.

Finally I don't believe everybody complaining about Hibs at the moment is doing it to 'destabilise' the club or any other such nonsense. There's a hell of a lot of frustration about at the moment. We'be been on a steady decline for 5 years and have just suffered one of the most embarrassing defeats in our history. Most people will show patience if they can see a light at the end of the tunnel and a bit of progress being made. Sadly I, and a lot of others, don't really see that. The silence from ER at the moment is deafening and at the moment Hibs feel to me like a.rudderless ship. It's all very well calling for patience but most Hibs fans of the current generations have been being patient their whole Hibs supporting lives and have had very little to cheer about.

johnrebus
10-08-2012, 10:31 AM

Pat Fenlon has been manager of Hibernian for nearly nine months.

If you have seen evidence that we are moving forward, then you have better eyesight than mine.

:cb

Brooster
10-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Surely the Utd team just about picks itself? :dunno: Injuries aside, they should have known what the team was likely to be, and all this work should have been done ahead of time.

Correct but the point I am trying to make is that no work was carried out on a game plan in the days leading up to the game and on the day of the game the management didnt know the opposition line up 30 mins before kick off. Fenlon's ban means he cant be in the changing room within 1 hour of kick off. I wouldve thought our preperation wouldve been a bit more thourough.

Frazerbob
10-08-2012, 10:33 AM
From my vantage point next to the dug out on Sunday, it was obvious to me that L'OB didn't know who was playing for Utd DURING the game. His "instructions" from the technical area were a joke. The whole mach day organisation looks amatuerish to say the least IMO.

Northernhibee
10-08-2012, 10:35 AM
Pat Fenlon has been manager of Hibernian for nearly nine months.

If you have seen evidence that we are moving forward, then you have better eyesight than mine.

Pretty sure I was at Hampden twice last season. Irrespective of the result, with the players he had that's a hell of an achievement.

:giruy:

Brooster
10-08-2012, 10:35 AM
Spot on, getting heartily sick of failed players giving out little titbits of joy to undermine the manager, club with some only too willing to accept the backstabbing as fact.The Open training session to me showed a good level of self confidence by the manager and should you would have thought shot down all this nonsense about basic training. I wasnt there personally however it sounded like a well organised and varied session which most modern football teams would be doing. That some are still prepared to believe malicious nonsense is IMO astonishing.

You weren't there but you are willing to accept it as fact - is that what you are saying?

Golden Bear
10-08-2012, 10:36 AM

I agree with the content of this post but how do we know that the appointment of Fenlon was "the cheap option". ? Do we know for sure who else was in for the job? Do we know for sure the details of PF's contract? Do we know for sure what others were demanding and do we know for sure that RP (and co) decided not to entertain these demands?

Just asking likesay.

GreenOnions
10-08-2012, 10:37 AM

I'm not doubting your word but I would always ask the question of the source of such a story "Why is he telling me this?"

This/these players wouldn't happen to have been left out of the starting 11 by any chance would they?

PatHead
10-08-2012, 10:38 AM
Correct but the point I am trying to make is that no work was carried out on a game plan in the days leading up to the game and on the day of the game the management didnt know the opposition line up 30 mins before kick off. Fenlon's ban means he cant be in the changing room within 1 hour of kick off. I wouldve thought our preperation wouldve been a bit more thourough.

Thought PF said the players didn't follow the game plan straight after the game. This could be explained by the players deciding amongst themselves minutes before the kick off what they fancied doing. Looks like PF still has some @rse kicking to do as these players have had it too easy for far too long. Also do team sheets not get handed in to the opposition dressing room before games? If not why didn't we get one?

Sooner we get some more in to replace that bunch the better.

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Am i right in thinking we actually paid Bohs for Pats release, or did i just make that up????? :confused:

Northernhibee
10-08-2012, 10:40 AM
I know for a fact this will be rendered invalid as we will beat Hearts on Sunday. Ed De Graff told me.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

Brooster
10-08-2012, 10:40 AM
I'm not doubting your word but I would always ask the question of the source of such a story "Why is he telling me this?"

This/these players wouldn't happen to have been left out of the starting 11 by any chance would they?

No is the short answer to that question mate.

JimBHibees
10-08-2012, 10:41 AM
You weren't there but you are willing to accept it as fact - is that what you are saying?

I am saying that the session sounded like a good and varied one.

Baldy Foghorn
10-08-2012, 10:41 AM
Well how much longer can we keep flirting with relegation and watching our team not be competitive?

I absolutely would not want Hibs to go down. It might be ultimately better for most of the fans health though.

Relegation would be a disaster......Fans health, not sure I get what you are saying.....

sean
10-08-2012, 10:44 AM
So what are the "facts" that you know then ..?

hibs had a trialist in (who i dont know the name of or the position he played) the manager wanted to sign him but was told too hang off until after the derby as changes may take place.

thats the "facts" that i know, whether this was the darren jackson trialist i dont know.

jacomo
10-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Relegation would be a disaster......Fans health, not sure I get what you are saying.....

Me neither.

If the stories about cutbacks etc are true, Hibs would be tipped into a financial disaster if the club were relegated.

Baldy Foghorn
10-08-2012, 10:46 AM
hibs had a trialist in (who i dont know the name of or the position he played) the manager wanted to sign him but was told too hang off until after the derby as changes may take place.

thats the "facts" that i know, whether this was the darren jackson trialist i dont know.

Could be Boardroom changes, could be STF giving us more spondoolics??? (I know, can but dream)......

GreenOnions
10-08-2012, 10:47 AM
No is the short answer to that question mate.

Fair enough Brooster. However, I remain unconvinced about whether someone who is giving his version of events about a dressing room story like this is putting the team's best interests at the top of his priority list. We can all speculate about the motivation

Baldy Foghorn
10-08-2012, 10:48 AM
Me neither.

If the stories about cutbacks etc are true, Hibs would be tipped into a financial disaster if the club were relegated.

Thank goodness for that, someone agreeing with me, I thought I was in a cocoon, whereby I was becoming increasingly grumpy by the minute (might still be the case mind):greengrin

MSK
10-08-2012, 10:49 AM

thats the "facts" that i know, whether this was the darren jackson trialist i dont know.So you have just said almost word for word what the op has said ...how is that fact ?...:confused:

BarneyK
I'm finding it hard to believe that a relatively experienced and successfull manager (at LOI level, albeit) sends his team out to play a match with little or no preparation having taken place.

jacomo

Anyone blaming Hibs.net for the club's current problems is barking up the wrong tree. There are all sorts of opinions on here, I'm sure there are a couple of imposters who are at it, but the vast majority just want Hibs to show signs that things are turning around. The club appeared to understand the depth of the problems we are facing over the summer, but here we are at the beginning of the new season with more questions than answers.

Also... IF Fenlon is considering giving it up, he should know that he will never get a bigger opportunity in the game. For me, the only thing he can do is learn from his mistakes, work harder than ever, and try and pull things around.

Hermit Crab
10-08-2012, 10:53 AM

Let the speculation commence...............:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
10-08-2012, 10:54 AM
If and I say IF, PF is being emptied soon, I would hope that our esteemed Custodians were punted, as it would be another situation where they had made the wrong appointment.

Given PF has brought in 6 new players, do we really think this is likely.....It smacks of desperation to me, and I hope it is not true, and the financial impact of having to pay off PF and his staff, then employ another candidate would be fairly substantial......We cannot keep sacking managers after such short tenures IMO

sean
10-08-2012, 10:55 AM
Could be Boardroom changes, could be STF giving us more spondoolics??? (I know, can but dream)......

could well be baldy foghorn, dont know where these changes would take place but knew that things would take place after the derby, i guess depending on results.

which shows where we are as a club, say for example pats jobs on the line, we win sunday and then everything is fine? if there is a problem with players, board, coaching staff etc surely 90mins of football wont change anything and that any type of win papers over the real cracks.

The problems are deep rooted within the club, the whole structure within the club needs to change.Currently the under 19s train more than 1st team footballers? where is the logic in this. surely players should be training more when they go up the ladder and not less?

hibs supporters deserve more from the club.

BarneyK
10-08-2012, 10:55 AM
If and I say IF, PF is being emptied soon, I would hope that our esteemed Custodians were punted, as it would be another situation where they had made the wrong appointment.

Given PF has brought in 6 new players, do we really think this is likely.....It smacks of desperation to me, and I hope it is not true, and the financial impact of having to pay off PF and his staff, then employ another candidate would be fairly substantial......We cannot keep sacking managers after such short tenures IMO

100% :agree:

Craig_in_Prague
10-08-2012, 10:56 AM

I said "perhaps" relegation wouldn't a bad thing. No-one can quantify that for sure, as for a "disaster".... slight exaggeration IMO (as is my reference to getting pumped every week not being very good for the health)

Brooster
10-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Fair enough Brooster. However, I remain unconvinced about whether someone who is giving his version of events about a dressing room story like this is putting the team's best interests at the top of his priority list. We can all speculate about the motivation

BarneyK
I'm finding it hard to believe that a relatively experienced and successfull manager (at LOI level, albeit) sends his team out to play a match with little or no preparation having taken place.

Onions - this info came from more than one person, all of whom are passionate abot hibs being successfull.

Barney - Same here but it does appear to be the case.

Pedantic_Hibee
10-08-2012, 11:02 AM
I'm a fan of Petrie, always have been. But if this is true and Fenlon either walks away or is sacked, his and indeed Scott Lindsay's position become untenable.

If Fenlon goes, I would hope there is a significant overhaul from top to bottom and STF either invests in the club or publicly puts Hibs up for sale.

I'd sell my erse for a good price but until I advertise my bum virginity on gumtree then nobody knows it's available.

Baldy Foghorn
10-08-2012, 11:05 AM
I said "perhaps" relegation wouldn't a bad thing. No-one can quantify that for sure, as for a "disaster".... slight exaggeration IMO (as is my reference to getting pumped every week not being very good for the health)

So you reckon relegation being a disaster would be a slight exaggeration???:confused:

Maybe that is what you think, but anyone suggesting this is quite frankly stupid/naive.......I have no doubt of the financial impact relegation would bring about on the team, ER, East Mains et al.......I don't want to watch my team in a lower league, done it before and would rather we were competing at the highest level....

Maybe being as removed as you are, you did not really think of the real consequences?

GreenOnions
I'm a fan of Petrie, always have been. But if this is true and Fenlon either walks away or is sacked, his and indeed Scott Lindsay's position become untenable.

If Fenlon goes, I would hope there is a significant overhaul from top to bottom and STF either invests in the club or publicly puts Hibs up for sale.

I'd sell my erse for a good price but until I advertise my bum virginity on gumtree then nobody knows it's available.

John Stuart Mill?

Cammy

That unfortunately was one of the problems a lot of the new players had when they came in in January. Because a lot of them had never played in Scotland before they asked (during the clear the air meetting with Pat) to have video reviews of the players and teams they would be playing against to prepare them better. It was agreed that he would start doing this, but it never happened, which frustrated the players. It may be that Pat is not used to the technology and the facilities that comes with a club like Hibs, but from what I've heard we are supposed to have the best video review facilities in the SPL. I do know that there is a guy prepares the videos everyweek for a review of the games just played but the additional information that the players were asking for was not unreasonable given the circumstances. There is a lot more than this that I have heard about from inside EM but I can understand there are many points of view and reasons why things aren't done certain ways. I hope Pat can sort things soon but I think coming to Hibs has been a steep learning curve for him at a tough time for the club.

Hainan Hibs
10-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Got to agree with others that if Fenlon is sent packing (which I find hard to believe) it will have to signal a domino affect in the boardroom. We simply cannot go on hiring the wrong man and pissing money down the drain that way. In any other business if you had failed so many times to fill such a crucial position successfully you would be gone.

It is worrying to read what may be happening at ER in terms of match preparation, however I find it hard to believe a manager who has won the LOI woul be that naive. On the other hand, if it's coming from many sources we may just be up **** creek without a paddle once again.

WhileTheChief..
10-08-2012, 11:17 AM
DJ speaks pretty fondly of his time at Hibs so I doubt if he was saying this out of spite or anything. More likely just a casual remark that has now been passed on.

I'd be surprised if Fenlon decided to walk away but not so much if he is sacked.

This close season has been exactly the same as last year in every way possible and if RP has learnt anything it's maybe not to wait so long
to make a change.

Can't say I'm too bothered if he stays or goes as I'm not sure it really matters who we have as manager anymore!

PatHead
10-08-2012, 11:18 AM

That could be interpreted in a number of ways and not necessarily that Fenlon/Petrie/the whole board was on his way out.

Perhaps we are waiting to hear from a top quality centre forward/ midfield dynamo and it may use up the budget so there is no sense in wasting the agent, player or Hibs time giving him a trial.
Perhaps an offer has come in for a player which would mean it was more pressing to cover his position rather than Darren's player.
Perhaps he was waiting to hear from another player in the same position and Darren Jackson's player was second choice. He wouldn't tell him that though.
Perhaps PF doesn't fancy DJ's player but is keeping him sweet for another target.
Perhaps we are reading too much into the story.
Perhaps some Jambo is at the wind up just before the derby leading the OP astray......................

Doubt we will ever find out the truth but I do doubt that Fenlon's Hibs career relies on the game against Hearts.

matty_f
10-08-2012, 11:21 AM
Well, two days before a derby and there's a rumour about our manager leaving. Who saw that coming. :rolleyes:

Golden Bear
10-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Let the speculation commence...............:greengrin

Ok. I'll start.

It could have been the trialist striker who scored 4 goals against East of Scotland League side Vale of Leithen last Friday night.

But there again maybe it was another trialist.

:rolleyes:

Famous5forever
10-08-2012, 11:22 AM
It's a pity the changes werenae right at the top, if another manager goes these clowns running Hibs must go with him.

The Jury is still out on Paddy for me however i do feel he needs more time to get things right Paddy needs time 2 DEFEATS DO NOT MAKE HIM A BAD MANAGER.

JimBHibees
10-08-2012, 11:25 AM
That could be interpreted in a number of ways and not necessarily that Fenlon/Petrie/the whole board was on his way out.

Perhaps we are waiting to hear from a top quality centre forward/ midfield dynamo and it may use up the budget so there is no sense in wasting the agent, player or Hibs time giving him a trial.
Perhaps an offer has come in for a player which would mean it was more pressing to cover his position rather than Darren's player.
Perhaps he was waiting to hear from another player in the same position and Darren Jackson's player was second choice. He wouldn't tell him that though.
Perhaps PF doesn't fancy DJ's player but is keeping him sweet for another target.
Perhaps we are reading too much into the story.
Perhaps some Jambo is at the wind up just before the derby leading the OP astray......................

Doubt we will ever find out the truth but I do doubt that Fenlon's Hibs career relies on the game against Hearts.

Yep more than likely.

Craig_in_Prague
10-08-2012, 11:29 AM
So you reckon relegation being a disaster would be a slight exaggeration???:confused:

Maybe that is what you think, but anyone suggesting this is quite frankly stupid/naive.......I have no doubt of the financial impact relegation would bring about on the team, ER, East Mains et al.......I don't want to watch my team in a lower league, done it before and would rather we were competing at the highest level....

Maybe being as removed as you are, you did not really think of the real consequences?

Of course it would feel like a disaster. But with those at the top it seems to me that we're just going to continue as we are and another full season fighting relegation sounds like torture. (will we beat 2 home wins all season? 3 derby defeats?)

I suppose my point is, that no-one can quantify for sure, is "if" we went down (no doubt financially we would be worse off - in the short term at least), but:
* young players breeded into 1st team, with less pressure
* finally changes made at the top
* being competitive again and getting back an improved winning mentality and a better positive style of play
* winning football does bring in the fans no matter the league
etc

I am NOT saying it WOULD be better, but if it drove the changes at the top and the whole club then became rejuvenated with young players coming through and a pleasant footballing style to watch, who knows.

I know it's probably the very last scenario I'd like to see if Hibs are to sort themselves out, but it's not an impossible situation (my local team here were relegated last season, team is playing now with more freedom, more young players, crowds are up, etc).

LeighLoyal
10-08-2012, 11:31 AM
I hope this isn't true, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Gatecrasher
10-08-2012, 11:32 AM

:top marks

PatHead
10-08-2012, 11:32 AM
Of course it would feel like a disaster. But with those at the top it seems to me that we're just going to continue as we are and another full season fighting relegation sounds like torture. (will we beat 2 home wins all season? 3 derby defeats?)

I suppose my point is, that no-one can quantify for sure, is "if" we went down (no doubt financially we would be worse off - in the short term at least), but:
* being competitive again and getting back an improved winning mentality and a better positive style of play
etc

I am NOT saying it WOULD be better, but if it drove the changes at the top and the whole club then became rejuvenated with young players coming through and a pleasant footballing style to watch, who knows.

I know it's probably the very last scenario I'd like to see if Hibs are to sort themselves out, but it's not an impossible situation (my local team here were relegated last season, team is playing now with more freedom, more young players, crowds are up, etc).

If we were relegated I certainly wouldn't want to rely on youngsters to get us back up so I doubt it would make a difference.

Craig_in_Prague
10-08-2012, 11:38 AM
If we were relegated I certainly wouldn't want to rely on youngsters to get us back up so I doubt it would make a difference.

I mean 'more' young players breeded. Not relying on them.
We always hear we've good young players but we can't play them coz we're in a relegation battle or a poor team and it will do more harm than good.

anyway, given up on this subject!

Golden Bear
10-08-2012, 11:43 AM

It's almost impossible for say a 20 year old "youngster" to make a breakthrough these days.

It seems as though the possible threat of relegation is a barrier in playing young players and if we did get relegated then we couldn't play them as it would it be too big a risk.

I'm just not into this psychological stuff about a 19/20 year old youngster being possibly scarred for life if a fan dare shout abuse at them!!

If they're good enough then get them playing ------------ we can't possibly get any worse --- or can we?!

Lucius Apuleius
10-08-2012, 11:44 AM
So you have just said almost word for word what the op has said ...how is that fact ?...:confused:

I actually read it differently. OP is saying Jackson was told to hang off, Sean said the manager was told to hang off :confused:

jacomo
That unfortunately was one of the problems a lot of the new players had when they came in in January. Because a lot of them had never played in Scotland before they asked (during the clear the air meetting with Pat) to have video reviews of the players and teams they would be playing against to prepare them better. It was agreed that he would start doing this, but it never happened, which frustrated the players. It may be that Pat is not used to the technology and the facilities that comes with a club like Hibs, but from what I've heard we are supposed to have the best video review facilities in the SPL. I do know that there is a guy prepares the videos everyweek for a review of the games just played but the additional information that the players were asking for was not unreasonable given the circumstances. There is a lot more than this that I have heard about from inside EM but I can understand there are many points of view and reasons why things aren't done certain ways. I hope Pat can sort things soon but I think coming to Hibs has been a steep learning curve for him at a tough time for the club.

It's this kind of thing that gives me the jitters.

It also makes you wonder just what the recruitment process is at Hibs. Wouldn't working methods etc be discussed at interview stage, and any shortcomings addressed then?

The_Exile
if we get relegated we need to bounce straight back up as i wouldn't fancy our chances getting out a division with the new Rangers in it. 3 years in the first would be a total disaster, absolute carnage. For what it's worth i'm not getting my knickers in a twist after 1 game, and i don't think we'll be fighting relegation this year.

Green_one
10-08-2012, 11:45 AM
The Jury is still out on Paddy for me however i do feel he needs more time to get things right Paddy needs time 2 DEFEATS DO NOT MAKE HIM A BAD MANAGER.

I cannot see how we can fire a manager two games into a season, in games we expected not to win.

Once we have played some games we should have won and are after the transfer deadline, is the absolute minimum.

I think we are all concerned about the playing level of the team and perhaps the manager's contribution to that. It is more or less the underperforming bunch of last season. So I hope and expect some additional players to come in. If that does not happen then we are back to some season long relegation scrap with Dundee. Again, if the players brought in do not perform then we are in the same scenario. At that point the manager will be in danger and we cannot kid ourselves about that. We will be right back at the previous seasons instability.

So do I expect anything to happen post Derby - NO, nor should it realistically

Does the guy come under scrutiny once the transfer deadline has gone - YIP (did he sign, who did he sign)

Can he afford to sit bottom two at Xmas - NO

I think we mostly agree that if he goes, so should those who once again picked a turkey.

For the record I am rooting for the guy but he may be out of his depth for this serious task.

matty_f
10-08-2012, 11:51 AM
I actually read it differently. OP is saying Jackson was told to hang off, Sean said the manager was told to hang off :confused:

Also one said Jackson wanted to put someone on trial but was told not to, the other said trialist already there.

erin-go-bragh87
10-08-2012, 11:52 AM

No, of course not, the post wasn't directly aimed at you. I joined the board as a hibs supporter to talk about my team but there hasn't been a positive story about a player in I don't know how long. Everyone seems to prefer to jump on the anti-hibs players band wagon on here.

oldbutdim
10-08-2012, 11:57 AM

Also one said Jackson wanted to put someone on trial but was told not to, the other said trialist already there.

Me too.

Northernhibee
10-08-2012, 12:04 PM
No, of course not, the post wasn't directly aimed at you. I joined the board as a hibs supporter to talk about my team but there hasn't been a positive story about a player in I don't know how long. Everyone seems to prefer to jump on the anti-hibs players band wagon on here.

Get ready to be called a "happy clapper", an "uber fan" or as it's known to every other team in the world, a "supporter".

MrSmith
10-08-2012, 12:10 PM

Have to disagree with that statment. There are however, lots of fans who are deeply concerned by whatever is happening at Hibs right now. In my experience on .net, it is very few who actually have a go at players, if you consider the size of membership.

RyeSloan
This is the same Pat Fenlon that Dundee United wanted as a manager but could not afford his contract compensation....to sugges tthat he is only Hibs manager because he was 'cheap' is baws and is yet another untruth that suits certain agendas.

To suggest Hibs players did not know the line up of the opposition 'minutes' before kick off is baws also...both teams name their line up to the officials before the game and a copy is provided to the opposing dressing room, to suggest that a mobile phone and a goolge search was needed because Fenlon etc are just too lazy to find out is bizzare.

I've also heard all these training ground rumours every year for the last 10 years on here, some may be true most are baws. To suggest a manager who has coached teams to back to back titles is incapable of organising training sessions seems almost unbelieveable.

Not saying PF is perfect and I'm sure he has a bit of growing in the job to do but I would be absolutely amazed if anyone in the ER board room thinks sacking another manager now would be anything but suicide for all involved.

Some of the stuff on here remindes me of these Keep Calm posters....lets wait until we have a full squad and a few games under our belts. If the team continues to be a disorganised shambles and we are rooted to the bottom of the league then the route that needs to be taken will be clear for all, until then we need to keep the heed, support the club and do all we can to help the team and the manager to start the upward spiral once more.

Franck Stanton
"So, you saved us from relegation, got us to a cup final, only been able to ditch half the dross, only been able to get a handful of players who are much better in and not yet been in the dugout for a competitive game this season? You'll have to go Pat".

The board must wet the bed as much as certain people on here if there's even a hint of truth in this...

This. Fenlon MUST STAY. Give the man time ffs. Yes we are crap, we have been for years prior to Fenlons arrival, he is working with one hand tied behind his back, even Sir Alex needed time at Man u - get behind the team/Club/manager ffs.

proud_and_green
10-08-2012, 12:12 PM
Thank goodness for that, someone agreeing with me, I thought I was in a cocoon, whereby I was becoming increasingly grumpy by the minute (might still be the case mind):greengrin

You are most certainly not alone. Last season people were suggesting the same nonsense, relegation good for us, re-build etc. If we went down, i think we would struggle to get back up and that would be the end of the club. There is no way we could afford to service our debt, pay for the running costs of the stadium and training centre etc. Head in the sand and utopian thinking or perhaps clutching at straws by some folks.

On the rumours about changes after the derby, this is like most rumours; there may be elements of truth in them but equally it could be a bit like the "send reinforcements we're going to advance" message which eventually arrived at the HQ as "send two and sixpence, we're going to a dance". Or simply a matter of interpretation

So changes after the derby could be about money matters ... a new financial structure which would release funds ... anything.

None of this is saying that i am happy with the situation, we were clueless against Utd and i dread sunday. But we can not afford to get rid of another manager so soon after his appointment!

What Sean says is also very strange. Effectively he is saying the board said to PF "you can't sign anyone this week because we're probably going to sack you next week". Great man management!!!!!

Franck Stanton
10-08-2012, 12:13 PM
This is the same Pat Fenlon that Dundee United wanted as a manager but could not afford his contract compensation....to sugges tthat he is only Hibs manager because he was 'cheap' is baws and is yet another untruth that suits certain agendas.

To suggest Hibs players did not know the line up of the opposition 'minutes' before kick off is baws also...both teams name their line up to the officials before the game and a copy is provided to the opposing dressing room, to suggest that a mobile phone and a goolge search was needed because Fenlon etc are just too lazy to find out is bizzare.

I've also heard all these training ground rumours every year for the last 10 years on here, some may be true most are baws. To suggest a manager who has coached teams to back to back titles is incapable of organising training sessions seems almost unbelieveable.

Not saying PF is perfect and I'm sure he has a bit of growing in the job to do but I would be absolutely amazed if anyone in the ER board room thinks sacking another manager now would be anything but suicide for all involved.

Some of the stuff on here remindes me of these Keep Calm posters....lets wait until we have a full squad and a few games under our belts. If the team continues to be a disorganised shambles and we are rooted to the bottom of the league then the route that needs to be taken will be clear for all, until then we need to keep the heed, support the club and do all we can to help the team and the manager to start the upward spiral once more.

My god, just like buses, you wait ages for one then two come along at the same time. Good post mate, agree with every word.

Andy74
10-08-2012, 12:17 PM

Exactly. The big thing for me though is how quickly, and with how much glee people jump on to stuff like this. It spreads and it creates negativity and problems. In a week we've gone to a Fenlon must go stance.

I presume not many commenting on Fenlon on here either spoke to him at the forum a few weeks ago and go the measure of him and his plans or saw the squad and him during the week at the session looking like they genuinely were a pretty together and happy bunch.

Anyway, its crazier than normal on here and I'm taking a few weeks off here to regain some sanity!

Hibiza
10-08-2012, 12:17 PM
Jackson , once a fudd always a fudd.

proud_and_green
10-08-2012, 12:20 PM

etc

This would not be the very last scenario for Hibs to sort themselves out. It would be the prelude to the death of Hibs.

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2012, 12:20 PM
Exactly. The big thing for me though is how quickly, and with how much glee people jump on to stuff like this. It spreads and it creates negativity and problems. In a week we've gone to a Fenlon must go stance.

I presume not many commenting on Fenlon on here either spoke to him at the forum a few weeks ago and go the measure of him and his plans or saw the squad and him during the week at the session looking like they genuinely were a pretty together and happy bunch.

Anyway, its crazier than normal on here and I'm taking a few weeks off here to regain some sanity!

Have we, apart from a handful who have been saying this for a while, i cant quite see what you appear to be seeing? :confused:

Perhaps you need a wee rest from this site, it appears to be affecting your sight?

Saorsa
10-08-2012, 12:21 PM
The Jury is still out on Paddy for me however i do feel he needs more time to get things right Paddy needs time 2 DEFEATS DO NOT MAKE HIM A BAD MANAGER.You may notice from my signature I'm a fan of Fenlon, I want him tae be given time and tae succeed. Someone said in another post they're beginning tae think it disnae matter who the manager is and they're right IMO. We change managers, we change players but the problem/s always remain. The problems at this club lie higher up than the manager. This club will continue tae decline under the current regime and nothing will change until they are gone.

Brooster
10-08-2012, 12:24 PM

To suggest Hibs players did not know the line up of the opposition 'minutes' before kick off is baws also...both teams name their line up to the officials before the game and a copy is provided to the opposing dressing room, to suggest that a mobile phone and a goolge search was needed because Fenlon etc are just too lazy to find out is bizzare.I've also heard all these training ground rumours every year for the last 10 years on here, some may be true most are baws. To suggest a manager who has coached teams to back to back titles is incapable of organising training sessions seems almost unbelieveable.

Im telling you what happened.

PatHead
10-08-2012, 12:29 PM

Well someone should be taking that up with the referee/Dundee United then. I really don't see how you can blame the Hibs management for not receiving something they should be given.

As for the players having to make up tactics themselves I will refer you to my earlier post about Fenlon complaining players hadn't followed what they had been working on all week. Players fault not manager in this instance.

lapsedhibee
10-08-2012, 12:30 PM
it could be a bit like the "send reinforcements we're going to advance" message which eventually arrived at the HQ as "send two and sixpence, we're going to a dance"

Would that not be three and fourpence, which rhymes with reinforcements? Or is that part of the point of the tale? :confused:

GreenOnions
10-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Those players criticising Fenlon should concentrate on the team and on their own performances rather than undermining those around them. They have been part of some of the worst performances I've ever seen from a Hibs team - and that includes Jim Duffy and the early 80's.

When they actually start to look like good footballers maybe I'll take some notice. However, if they do start performing well maybe they won't feel the need to criticise others then?

Virginia Hibs
10-08-2012, 12:40 PM

I seem to recall having to do this for most of the eighties and early nineties, Looking at the fixtures at the start of the season and working out whether we were going to finish second or third bottom. You younglings have had it too good in recent years!

brog
10-08-2012, 12:47 PM

Yes, totally confused me as well. Per Sean, the manager ( who OP implied is about to get his jotters ) is told to hold off because of imminent major changes. That implies changes in boardroom/ownership rather than management but I somehow don't think that's what Sean meant!!

iwasthere1972
10-08-2012, 12:51 PM
Should have gone after the final. I'm at work and can't see the tin helmet diddly doo daa.

brog
10-08-2012, 12:55 PM

They must have decided Stephens was marking Andy Gray!!

Famous5forever
10-08-2012, 12:55 PM
You may notice from my signature I'm a fan of Fenlon, I want him tae be given time and tae succeed. Someone said in another post they're beginning tae think it disnae matter who the manager is and they're right IMO. We change managers, we change players but the problem/s always remain. The problems at this club lie higher up than the manager. This club will continue tae decline under the current regime and nothing will change until they are gone.

I Fully agree with you but some on here get a bit leeds united if you try to condem Petrie for some reason.

Lucius Apuleius
10-08-2012, 12:58 PM
I Fully agree with you but some on here get a bit leeds united if you try to condem Petrie for some reason.

:tub4:

happiehibbie
10-08-2012, 01:07 PM

well he was one off the best fuds i have seen at ER

SlickShoes
10-08-2012, 01:07 PM
[QUOTE=SlickShoes;3320338]YAY let's sack another manager, it worked well the last few times so why wouldn't it shoot us right back up to the top of the SPL this time?

You people that think sacking managers year on year is good practice are as deluded as the yams that think there club is sustainable.[

Let's stick with a tactically inept manager cause you want stability. The only constant well get from him is being *****. If he ain't up to it, which looks more and more likely then keep sacking managers till we get the right one.

If fenlon does get sacked then Petrie has to follow.

People said that last time, and the time before that. Petrie will remain, good luck getting rid of him.

Captain Trips
10-08-2012, 01:10 PM

Have we? I wanted Rid of Fenlon last season and put my thoughts on here to rightfully be challenged and they were and I hope will continue to be, I stated at time I really hope I am wrong and he is a good manager but from what I see here there are far more people ready to give him time. I am quite sure CC could have shown anyone plans and squad ideas it is implementing them that is the hard part. I have yet to see us play how PF talks.

Just Alf
10-08-2012, 01:12 PM

Well someone should be taking that up with the referee/Dundee United then. I really don't see how you can blame the Hibs management for not receiving something they should be given.

As for the players having to make up tactics themselves I will refer you to my earlier post about Fenlon complaining players hadn't followed what they had been working on all week. Players fault not manager in this instance.

As PF was stuck in that glass box when those team sheets were handed out..... maybe we now know who he wiz texting? :wink:

proud_and_green
10-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Would that not be three and fourpence, which rhymes with reinforcements? Or is that part of the point of the tale? :confused:

Exactly!!! Either that or it was a cheaper dance!!!

Frazerbob
10-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Should have gone after the final. I'm at work and can't see the tin helmet diddly doo daa.

No tin hat required IMO. I totally agree.

Just Alf
10-08-2012, 01:17 PM

Exactly!!! Either that or it was a cheaper dance!!!

you're of course forgetting about what the messenger's skimming off the top!

Mikey
10-08-2012, 01:20 PM

Has been for some time :agree:

Sudds_1
10-08-2012, 01:24 PM

Trouble is, I have this strong sense of deja vous.................we could pull out all the message threads from this time last year and we'd see little difference. Many on here last year were calling for calm.........."1st game..." " give it time..." "it will all be better..." etc.

I hope it will, starting Sunday...............

But...................

DH1875
10-08-2012, 01:25 PM
Fenlon is 6/1 at Paddy Power to be first manager sacked.

When's the AGM :cb.

We would be daft to sack the manager anytime soon. He should be here for a few seasons at least to make his mark. Football fans expect too much too quickly, things take time.

God NO. IF we were going to give any manager time while they were serving up dross it should have been Mixu or Yogi. I said at the time Fenlon was no where near good enough for the job and haven't seen anything to make me even think about changing my mind.

Northernhibee
10-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Trouble is, I have this strong sense of deja vous.................we could pull out all the message threads from this time last year and we'd see little difference. Many on here last year were calling for calm.........."1st game..." " give it time..." "it will all be better..." etc.

I hope it will, starting Sunday...............

But...................

I have deja vu, another season and enough pish to refloat the Titanic...

PF has acknowledged we need more players, he wasn't even allowed into the dressing room at HT or an hour before the game. Against a side who are top two material all over who were 90 minutes ahead of us.

The reaction here defies belief.

Captain Trips
10-08-2012, 01:39 PM

PF has acknowledged we need more players, he wasn't even allowed into the dressing room at HT or an hour before the game. Against a side who are top two material all over who were 90 minutes ahead of us.

I think you will find people are basing it on not 1 game but a series of matches, a new season is irrelevant if you think the guy cannot do the job. If people thpught he was fine then after 1 match suddenly changed then yeah fair enough but most of the people who are not happy with PF have not been so for longer than one match v Dundee Utd.

Northernhibee
10-08-2012, 01:49 PM
I think you will find people are basing it on not 1 game but a series of matches, a new season is irrelevant if you think the guy cannot do the job. If people thpught he was fine then after 1 match suddenly changed then yeah fair enough but most of the people who are not happy with PF have not been so for longer than one match v Dundee Utd.

Or to put it another way, hysterically knee jerking.

PF took possibly the worst team in our history, patched together enough to save us from certain relegation then gave us two trips to Hampden.

Sudds_1
10-08-2012, 01:51 PM

you can't refloat a ship thats holed below the waterline............. even with pish.

Look at the evidence so far.........based on the series of results post THAT final. We've hardly set the heather alight. Performances were overall poor with no spark or similar to excite the fans, or more importantly reassure us that the lessons had been learned, the players were fit and ready for the fight. No sign either of the "bottle" that we were told was going to be shown this year. Cabn we REALLY say that last week marked the beginning of the "new" Hibs under PF? He's had plenty time to stamp his authority on the squad.......but again we see a less than convincing set of tatics and team selections........

......as I said, I hope we turn the corner on Sunday,. But I'm far from convinced that we will.

Northernhibee
10-08-2012, 01:55 PM
you can't refloat a ship thats holed below the waterline............. even with pish.

Look at the evidence so far.........based on the series of results post THAT final. We've hardly set the heather alight. Performances were overall poor with no spark or similar to excite the fans, or more importantly reassure us that the lessons had been learned, the players were fit and ready for the fight. No sign either of the "bottle" that we were told was going to be shown this year. Cabn we REALLY say that last week marked the beginning of the "new" Hibs under PF? He's had plenty time to stamp his authority on the squad.......but again we see a less than convincing set of tatics and team selections........

......as I said, I hope we turn the corner on Sunday,. But I'm far from convinced that we will.

...one result? With PF banned from the dressing room and the dugout?

Aye, right.

RIP
10-08-2012, 01:56 PM
Urinally posted by Lugz...

You're not reading anything into that but you told your boss that Fenlon will be away

Comedy Gold man and two days before the Derby too :faf:

In the pecking order at Hibs the football coach is decidedly middle order. Sir Tom at the Top, then Rod, Then Bruce/Brian and co, Then Scott, think Pat reports to Scott

Pat's a lot nearer the bottom than the top. No saying that's right, just telling it like it is

Sudds_1
10-08-2012, 01:56 PM

PF took possibly the worst team in our history, patched together enough to save us from certain relegation then gave us two trips to Hampden.

Oh come on NH.....you're better than that! Was that ALL you wanted from PF's appointment? What has he done to show he has a vision for the future? Or how his team will be set up? Or that he has the ability to actually make a difference? It may be harsh.....but some would say (have said his own performance in getting the team ready for THAT final was suspect including team selection and tactics.

Look at the back 4 on Sunday......... to me, that was inexplicable. And worries me that he doesn't know his best fornation even now.

And he damn well should.

Baldy Foghorn
10-08-2012, 01:57 PM
IF the Board want rid of PF, it should have been done after that day in May. They have allowed PF to be in charge for the tour, and allowed him to bring in 6 players, spending probably most if not all of the available budget.

IF we lose on Sunday, will they do the dastardly deed? What IF we win, does PF remain in situ?

For me I can't believe this story prior to just our second match of the campaign. I am perplexed as there are stories and more stories coming out, who knows whats true or whats heresay.....

I like PF and hope he turns it around, but if there is skull-duggery behind his back, then we might never find out if he is capable or not.....IF he receives his jotters, I want Board members to be immediately removed from office....

All I can say is I am disappointed to hear such stories being publicised, and it does not make for pleasant reading....

Sudds_1
10-08-2012, 01:58 PM
...one result? With PF banned from the dressing room and the dugout?

Aye, right.

I think if you read my post again yOu'll see I'm not basing it on 1 result.

Read it again..........

Captain Trips
10-08-2012, 02:01 PM

I disagree with certain relegation as one of our worst managers and worst teams was still not bottom when PF took over so therefore he never saved us from relegation it is used as a positive spin, he never improved us really either we stayed were we where, IMO he had enough time to improve our play and team to show something IMO he didnt. We were lucky that Dunfermline were as bad as they were because if you said just before sacking CC the new manager would win 5 more SPL matches I would think we were finished.

PF never saved us from anything he just kept us in the mire way to long, 5 wins says more about how poor Dunfermline were than us improving.

Northernhibee
10-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Oh come on NH.....you're better than that! Was that ALL you wanted from PF's appointment? What has he done to show he has a vision for the future? Or how his team will be set up? Or that he has the ability to actually make a difference? It may be harsh.....but some would say (have said his own performance in getting the team ready for THAT final was suspect including team selection and tactics.

Look at the back 4 on Sunday......... to me, that was inexplicable. And worries me that he doesn't know his best fornation even now.

And he damn well should.

I don't think you understand how much of a crisis CC left us in. Mid 1st division quality at best.

PF has half a team. The other half are a mile below standard. He's rightfully working his arse off to bring in the right players in tough financial times as opposed to any player.

MrSmith
10-08-2012, 02:03 PM
IF the Board want rid of PF, it should have been done after that day in May. They have allowed PF to be in charge for the tour, and allowed him to bring in 6 players, spending probably most if not all of the available budget.

IF we lose on Sunday, will they do the dastardly deed? What IF we win, does PF remain in situ?

For me I can't believe this story prior to just our second match of the campaign. I am perplexed as there are stories and more stories coming out, who knows whats true or whats heresay.....

I like PF and hope he turns it around, but if there is skull-duggery behind his back, then we might never find out if he is capable or not.....IF he receives his jotters, I want Board members to be immediately removed from office....

All I can say is I am disappointed to hear such stories being publicised, and it does not make for pleasant reading....

Completely agree! The rumour and stories are so unbelievable, yet beleiveable to a certain extent given previous with hibs, that no-one knows anything nor can confrim them as true?? The situation is hopeless right now!

Famous5forever
10-08-2012, 02:05 PM

Things were bad under Yogi and they actually got worse when CC Was at the helm and it pains me to say it but we are now in an even worse state than when CC Was sacked looking at the squad and our striking options if LG Gets injured or suspended what is Paddys plan B ?

We are now in the same position we were in with Paddy as we were with CC " MORE TIME " Was the shout give him "MORE TIME " have we not learned anything or do we stumble along till the Dreaded AGM And after a string of defeats that sees us fighting relegation again sack Paddy and then the Circus starts all over again with the next incumbent.

This is the situation the current board find themselves in and they are between a rock and a hard place and will get dogs abuse if they sack Paddy now, and dogs abuse if they stick things out till they have no option but to sack him.

I Really hope Paddy can turn this round and get us playing and winning because the knives are already out for him and time is not on his side with the AGM Only weeks away now.

RIP
10-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Did anyone reckon Darren's trialist wi mibbie a right back and we were in the process of making a signing?

Darren's a guid lad, honorary member of the Hibs family, dropped a score into the Sect43 bucket with a get it up them remark before Hampden

Hardly going to stab the club in the back and definitely disnae merit the abuse fae a few keyboard cowards

Baldy Foghorn
10-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Completely agree! The rumour and stories are so unbelievable, yet beleiveable to a certain extent given previous with hibs, that no-one knows anything nor can confrim them as true?? The situation is hopeless right now!

Add to the mix the signing of Maybury MrSmith....

Northernhibee
10-08-2012, 02:09 PM
I disagree with certain relegation as one of our worst managers and worst teams was still not bottom when PF took over so therefore he never saved us from relegation it is used as a positive spin, he never improved us really either we stayed were we where, IMO he had enough time to improve our play and team to show something IMO he didnt. We were lucky that Dunfermline were as bad as they were because if you said just before sacking CC the new manager would win 5 more SPL matches I would think we were finished.

PF never saved us from anything he just kept us in the mire way to long, 5 wins says more about how poor Dunfermline were than us improving.

Let's put this back to its most simplistic message.
IT'S TWO DAYS BEFORE A DERBY. THE BAIT HAS BEEN CAST AND A TON OF .NETTERS ARE FIGHTING OVER EACH OTHER TO BITE.

Can we get back to bad Gary Twigg puns and moaning about the pies now? :rolleyes:

Captain Trips
10-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Let's put this back to its most simplistic message.
IT'S TWO DAYS BEFORE A DERBY. THE BAIT HAS BEEN CAST AND A TON OF .NETTERS ARE FIGHTING OVER EACH OTHER TO BITE.

Can we get back to bad Gary Twigg puns and moaning about the pies now? :rolleyes:

Settle down what will a thread like this do for the team morale, FA. This place was the most united ever before the final and look what happened. The game will be played out and better team on day will win regardless of anything about PF on here.

Sudds_1
10-08-2012, 02:12 PM

Agree 100% about the stories Baldy........no-one wants that kind of poison being spread around about anyone, least of all the Manager.

I prefer to form my views based on what I see.........thus far what I see aint that good !

Sudds_1
10-08-2012, 02:18 PM
I don't think you understand how much of a crisis CC left us in. Mid 1st division quality at best.

PF has half a team. The other half are a mile below standard. He's rightfully working his arse off to bring in the right players in tough financial times as opposed to any player.

I'm in agreement to a certain degree NH.....but bringing the right players in is only half the battle. He has to then play them (as far as possible) in their best positions in the best foramtion to produce results...........

So........explain Stephens at CB with Clancy at RB, Hanlon at LB (a position he's failed in several times before) ? We all agreed on this board about the importance of getting the back 4 right......jings, he payed 1 guy who couldn't get into the worst team in recent history? How is that meant to instil confidence?

Baldy Foghorn
10-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Agree 100% about the stories Baldy........no-one wants that kind of poison being spread around about anyone, least of all the Manager.

I prefer to form my views based on what I see.........thus far what I see aint that good !

Hard to argue Sudds, however, we have an aditional two players who might be selected on Sunday, and I can only hope the guys that PF has secured, help to make us a more compact outfit, and harder to beat....

Sudds_1
10-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Hard to argue Sudds, however, we have an aditional two players who might be selected on Sunday, and I can only hope the guys that PF has secured, help to make us a more compact outfit, and harder to beat....

Amen to that!

HFC 0-7
10-08-2012, 02:31 PM

Lets look at this as I keep hearing that fenlon saved us from relegation as being an improvement over what CC would havebeen able to achieve. Calderwood was in charge for 14 league games last season which got 13 points, he took points in 50% of games and had a points to games ratio of 0.93. Fenlon was in charge for 23 games last season which got 19 points, he took points in 39% of games and had a points to game ratio of 0.83%.

Fenlon has the worst points per game ratio compared to calderwood and even duffy.

I think Fenlon should be given more time, but the people basing their views of him that are taking into account last season are rightly doing so as the team actually got worse after fenlon came in, even with his January window. Personally I think Fenlon himself out of depth and he underestimated the task, however, I do think he should be given more time to see if he can prove himself. I just think that we shouldnt really hail Fenlon as a success for avoiding relegation with a terrible team when he actually had us bringing in less points than his predecessor even after brining in a lot of players in the january window.

WHUHibs
10-08-2012, 02:40 PM
So you have just said almost word for word what the op has said ...how is that fact ?...:confused:

Why are you constantly picking up on peoples words trying to catch them out? Why dont you just accept that he has made a statement whether its true or not? Its not the end of the world,,why dont you switch off Hibs.net and do something less boring instead :-)

On matchdays do you walk around and try and catch people out if they are not seated properly, on time, spend too long at the loo, put too much salt on thier pie and generally dont behave,,really shocking I know but dont worry !

AlbertK86
10-08-2012, 03:20 PM
:tub4:

Are you Andy74 Petrie's twin

Lucius Apuleius
10-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Are you Andy74 Petrie's twin

Possibly, if separated at birth. Are you Wallace Mercer's twin?

MSK
10-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Why are you constantly picking up on peoples words trying to catch them out? Why dont you just accept that he has made a statement whether its true or not? Its not the end of the world,,why dont you switch off Hibs.net and do something less boring instead :-)

On matchdays do you walk around and try and catch people out if they are not seated properly, on time, spend too long at the loo, put too much salt on thier pie and generally dont behave,,really shocking I know but dont worry !What are you slavering about !!! Constantly ..?..this is my third post on this subject ..if yer gonna bash me at least get it right ...:confused:

Lang Toun Hibs
10-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Lets look at this as I keep hearing that fenlon saved us from relegation as being an improvement over what CC would havebeen able to achieve. Calderwood was in charge for 14 league games last season which got 13 points, he took points in 50% of games and had a points to games ratio of 0.93. Fenlon was in charge for 23 games last season which got 19 points, he took points in 39% of games and had a points to game ratio of 0.83%.

Fenlon has the worst points per game ratio compared to calderwood and even duffy.

I think Fenlon should be given more time, but the people basing their views of him that are taking into account last season are rightly doing so as the team actually got worse after fenlon came in, even with his January window. Personally I think Fenlon himself out of depth and he underestimated the task, however, I do think he should be given more time to see if he can prove himself. I just think that we shouldnt really hail Fenlon as a success for avoiding relegation with a terrible team when he actually had us bringing in less points than his predecessor even after brining in a lot of players in the january window.

So both records are utter gash. Let's hope that it gets better, let's hope the current manager can turn it around. Let's not force him out and start yet again with part of a squad in place. Let's support our team, it might not be easy, pretty to watch or accept right now but lets get behind our team...going against them certainly won't help.

JimBHibees
10-08-2012, 04:01 PM
So both records are utter gash. Let's hope that it gets better, let's hope the current manager can turn it around. Let's not force him out and start yet again with part of a squad in place. Let's support our team, it might not be easy, pretty to watch or accept right now but lets get behind our team...going against them certainly won't help.

Nail on the head especially in a derby.

WindyMiller
10-08-2012, 04:08 PM

Viva Vlad.

Imagine how I feel about the ****ers, I've been listening to them since 1960!

No wonder we can't beat Hertz, the "fans" are defeated before the game.

WhileTheChief..
10-08-2012, 04:41 PM
No chance that avoiding relegation last year was the target set for PF when he was appointed. This is a convenient excuse trotted out by folk on here.

Even the Hibs board would have been looking for a bit more than that.

Famous5forever
10-08-2012, 04:51 PM

Can you show us the proof that Paddys record is worse than the Duffsters ?

keep the faith
10-08-2012, 05:03 PM
The title of this thread is a bit unfortunate IMO. Jackson was a great hibs player and as close as i have seen to a one man show at hibs the season we stayed in the league by the skin of our teeth. Im a bit uncomfortable with him being accused of shooting his mouth of based on a rumour. We do like to shoot down our own here.

HFC 0-7
10-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Can you show us the proof that Paddys record is worse than the Duffsters ?

here is the proof from fitba stats for the SPL

Jim Duffy : Played 39, Won 7, Drawn 12, Lost 20. total points:33, Points per game: 0.85

Pat Fenlon:Played 24, Won 5, Drawn 4, Lost 15. total points: 19, points per game: 0.79

Calderwood: Played 44, Won 11, Drawn 9, lost 24. Total points: 42, points per game: 0.95

AlbertK86
10-08-2012, 05:15 PM
Possibly, if separated at birth. Are you Wallace Mercer's twin?

Guid try at a retort but failed

HFC 0-7
10-08-2012, 05:16 PM

If you read my post you will see that I dont think he should be punted yet, I think he should be given more time. I was pointing out that peoples argument that fenlon somehow turned around the terrible calderwood squad to save us from relegation doesnt stack up as he was actually worse. I think we can only judge him after this transfer window but for me, because of his previous record, the jury is still out.

JimBHibees
10-08-2012, 05:22 PM

Jim Duffy : Played 39, Won 7, Drawn 12, Lost 20. total points:33, Points per game: 0.85

Pat Fenlon:Played 24, Won 5, Drawn 4, Lost 15. total points: 19, points per game: 0.79

Calderwood: Played 44, Won 11, Drawn 9, lost 24. Total points: 42, points per game: 0.95

Looks a little different if you include the cup run though.

jacomo
10-08-2012, 05:26 PM

I suppose the crumb of comfort is that PF is being compared over 24 games rather than 40-odd... there's a chance he could improve his record compared to the other two if he can get much better results over the next 16 games.

Still awful mind... and I agree, "avoiding relegation" was surely not the prime target when he was appointed.

Cabbage1875
10-08-2012, 05:28 PM
I am really uncomfortable with the notion that the fans of Hibernian are in any way to blame for the current state we are in. It seems as though we hold ourselves, on Hibs.net, in very high regard if we think that whatever is posted on here has an impact on what we see on a Saturday. It's time for the players to 'stand up and be counted' as we have been asked an inordinate amount of times over the years. If they can't or don't have the desire to put on performances that should be bare minimum for a professional footballer then they should possibly look for a different vocation.

The problem as I see it is that quality has been sold and the quality of the squad has been diluted massively. The same standard of play cannot be expected and after a sequence of quite simply embarrassing results over the past couple of years, the playing squad that remains has very little confidence to go with very little quality. We, the fans, are not the blame for the situation we find ourselves in.

You can look to the very top of the tree when you are pointing your fingers of blame.

HFC 0-7
10-08-2012, 05:50 PM
Looks a little different if you include the cup run though.

Yes, add in the cup runs and PF is 1.07 points per game, JD is 0.94 points per game and CC is 1 point per game. My point is still the same though as it was about the league specifically in that in the league fenlon didnt do any better than calderwood and therefore avoiding relegation wasnt a great achievement. Also, I think if you asked Fenlon, Lindsay and Petrie when fenlon was appointed, the position we were in at the end of last season and the performance at the weekend was not what they expected. Again, my points are just to highlight why people have cause for concern as there doesnt seem to have been any improvement. With that in mind these people who are questioning Fenlon arent, imo, trying to de-stabilise the club or revel in the current situation, they are just worried and can see comparisons with previous seasons. What is worse is people trying to create divides in the support by claiming these people are not fans etc, and are happy that we are rubbish.

Phil D. Rolls
10-08-2012, 05:51 PM
I get the distinct impression Fenlon got a "vote of confidence" immediately after the cup final. Talking to someone who knows him very well, on Leith Walk that Saturday, I told him that Paddy should keep his head up. The reaction suggested that Fenlon was in trouble.

Let's face it, Bobby Williamson's CV was being sent to other clubs after the humiliation by Livingston. I think there are certain things a Hibs manager is expected to do - one is do not get horsed by your oldest rivals in a national final.

At the end of the day, he set the team up; he made the tactical decisions (brave - but wrong), and he lost the plot with the Hearts fans. Maybe the jobis too big for the guy. I reckon he's maybe been given a month to redeem himself.

HFC 0-7
10-08-2012, 05:53 PM
I suppose the crumb of comfort is that PF is being compared over 24 games rather than 40-odd... there's a chance he could improve his record compared to the other two if he can get much better results over the next 16 games.

Still awful mind... and I agree, "avoiding relegation" was surely not the prime target when he was appointed.

Exactly, Fenlon could turn this right around and gain everyones trust and I hope he does. The performance and reaction from the team this weekend and not so much the result will show how Fenlon is doing with the team.

Famous5forever
10-08-2012, 05:56 PM

Holy Sh-t Paddy is even worse than the Duffster i never thought that anyone could be as bad never mind worse that Jim Duffy on his current record Paddy wont llast till 39 league games.

The Green Goblin
10-08-2012, 06:06 PM
You only need to read through threads like this one to see how bad things really are (and I say that without backing one argument over another) - just the general sense of it, of people being sick and tired of the situation and at each other's throats, whatever they might be arguing. It's not good.

I don't know if this "story" has any truth in it, but if it happened, one way or another, the worst thing is I wouldn't be surprised. It would simply be the latest unhappy event in a long-running, depressing saga at Hibs.

I think that unfortunately, things aren't getting any better....again.

I also believe quite strongly that the "culture" or tone, at any kind of organisation is determined by the person at the very top down. That's why CEOs of companies / banks / organisations fall on their swords when things go Pete Tong or scandals are exposed and so on, even though they didn't do it personally. Because ultimately, it is them who are responsible. It's why schools who exceed all standards and expectations and have happy kids and parents all have, without exception, exceptional people as headmasters. The ethics are the same here.

I also think that fans should be able to have their say openly and a fans' message board is the place to do that.

truehibernian
10-08-2012, 06:06 PM
I get the distinct impression Fenlon got a "vote of confidence" immediately after the cup final. Talking to someone who knows him very well, on Leith Walk that Saturday, I told him that Paddy should keep his head up. The reaction suggested that Fenlon was in trouble.

Let's face it, Bobby Williamson's CV was being sent to other clubs after the humiliation by Livingston. I think there are certain things a Hibs manager is expected to do - one is do not get horsed by your oldest rivals in a national final.

At the end of the day, he set the team up; he made the tactical decisions (brave - but wrong), and he lost the plot with the Hearts fans. Maybe the jobis too big for the guy. I reckon he's maybe been given a month to redeem himself.

I've been out all day and just seen this thread - the most telling comments are from brooster, but although there is a negative inference regards Pat Fenlon, I'd like to counter it by something I heard a couple of days ago. The source was/are a current employee close to the first team and a player.

Their immediate thoughts are, and still are, that Pat will turn it around - and when I mean turn it around I mean not just the football results but also the culture. Small but important things like dress code to training and match days have been changed, and I have to say in a far more professional manner. This did not go down too well with some players apparently (last season) and Fenlon was livid at certain players approach to being a 'professional footballer'. Those players are no longer here (you can guess who they are). He is also increasingly disappointed at the drinking culture that exists and has made this well known to the playing staff - again, this has not gone down too well with some. For me that is music to my ears - and it means a significant shift in professionalism and off field behaviour being monitored and dealt with better.

Pat was also disappointed at not being able to keep Billy Brown - but has apparently not moaned about it, rather he is the sort that gets his head down and sleeves rolled up.

So in short, I totally appreciate there are concerns re his ability to do the job on the field, but behind the scenes I think a lot of grumbling is coming from employees who have had it too good for too long and Pat is dealing with it head on, no nonsense, and if there are those that don't like it, he is not shy to tell them where to go. Others have been told they are to find new clubs - again they are bumping gums apparently.

Tactically I think Pat gets caught out against teams that play with width - in that he lines up the wrong players against danger men and isn't positive enough - for example, Ivan can't defend to save himself, neither can Leigh - yet he has deployed both in wide roles against Hearts and Utd, asking them to help the full backs. I'd rather he let Leigh and Ivan attack, Leigh through the middle, and have a more balanced midfield do their job and help the defence.

It will come - and there will be some horrendous results I think. But some players have good contracts and they are not wanted by other clubs. Pat has this wee dilemna too. My thoughts are to give him the full season, and the next one.

If anything, he needs a wee bit of help upstairs and most definitely in the scouting dept. But I'd say to all Hibs fans that I was quite encouraged by what I heard this week, despite there being these negative vibes raised today.

WhileTheChief..
10-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Encouraging to hear that PF is trying to change things but worrying that he has to do so with one hand tied behind his back. If he wanted Brown to stay, and Brown wanted to stay then what's the problem? I thought that how the budget is spent is up to the manager?

Any player bumping his gums should have his contract paid up and be told to leave pronto. Negativity spreads too easily and any new recruits will soon be poisoned.

Franck Le God
10-08-2012, 06:26 PM
What happened to the days of football supporters actually supporting their club? Ok things are pretty bad at the moment but getting rid of Fenlon now would be a big mistake IMO.

NAE NOOKIE
10-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Pretty depressing thread this ... nobodys fault, it just is.

For me Sunday is going to have a big bearing on my opinion of which direction Hibs are likely to be heading in this season.

There has been a few comments regarding the fact that it will only be the second game of the season ..... but from all accounts we were terrible against Dundee Utd and given the trials and tribulations of last season the least we could have hoped for was a fighting performance ... this didnt happen as far as I am aware ... not only that, but it looked like our tactics and team selection were wrong.

But now ( too soon IMO ) we face the one match where the manager and players at this club should have nothing else in mind apart from this ............. We just cant afford to let the fans down in this match, we must try to restore some of our pride.

If we fail to put in at least a fighting performance and by that I dont mean kicking lumps out of the Yams players, I mean chasing and harrying them all over the pitch, I mean closing down every space and trying to play football when we get the ball, then I will seriously, seriously worry about just what will happen next to this team.

Captain Trips
10-08-2012, 07:15 PM
No chance that avoiding relegation last year was the target set for PF when he was appointed. This is a convenient excuse trotted out by folk on here.

Even the Hibs board would have been looking for a bit more than that.

Indeed, we were not bottom there was nothing to be avoided and there were other teams right around us, CC as bad as he was and as bad as team was were still not bottom after what 13 matches? He was rightly given time and that first window was vital, He brought in 6/7 players whom you would think the point in bringing in were they were better in his mind than what we had.

McPake certainly was so thats fine but for me 4/5 were no better or worse than what was there and the struggle continued, not having any excuses about difficult to sign folk in January simply do not sign folk if not offering more it cant be that difficult if he found 6/7 he thought offered something, they offered very little if anything so that is why he has no excuse. PF 100x the drive of CC unfortunatly on par with the ability.

Time given has to be earned CC was punted after a good few months of it clearly not working, the facts are results have not improved that much if at all after 6mths, he cannot continue just because he is more passionate than CC he has shown me at least nothing new.

BSEJVT
10-08-2012, 07:17 PM

Get ready to be called a "happy clapper", an "uber fan" or as it's known to every other team in the world, a "supporter".

Alternatively be prepared to understand that people have entirely different viewpoints on any range of situations, some of which are honestly held and fervently believed.

Come to hibs.net and be prepared to have these viewpoints ridiculed and belittled by people who have no more idea than you do who is right and who is wrong but cant stand anyone with an alternate viewpoint expressing it and feel compelled to ridicule opposing viewpoints and those who promote them.

Its Hibs and football FFS, there is no party line with your neighbouts shopping you to the KBG for disagreeing with it or buying coca cola.

BEEJ
10-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Their immediate thoughts are, and still are, that Pat will turn it around - and when I mean turn it around I mean not just the football results but also the culture. Small but important things like dress code to training and match days have been changed, and I have to say in a far more professional manner. This did not go down too well with some players apparently (last season) and Fenlon was livid at certain players approach to being a 'professional footballer'.

For me that is music to my ears - and it means a significant shift in professionalism and off field behaviour being monitored and dealt with better.

Pat was also disappointed at not being able to keep Billy Brown - but has apparently not moaned about it, rather he is the sort that gets his head down and sleeves rolled up.

So in short, I totally appreciate there are concerns re his ability to do the job on the field, but behind the scenes I think a lot of grumbling is coming from employees who have had it too good for too long and Pat is dealing with it head on, no nonsense, and if there are those that don't like it, he is not shy to tell them where to go.

If anything, he needs a wee bit of help upstairs and most definitely in the scouting dept. But I'd say to all Hibs fans that I was quite encouraged by what I heard this week, despite there being these negative vibes raised today.
:agree: This is what I would have expected from PF with regards to culture change and good to hear. However, that kind of stuff will stir up opposition.

I don't know if this "story" has any truth in it, but if it happened, one way or another, the worst thing is I wouldn't be surprised. It would simply be the latest unhappy event in a long-running, depressing saga at Hibs.

I think that unfortunately, things aren't getting any better....again.
:agree: If there is any truth in it, in my view it will come down to PF walking away.

There are many reasons why he has every right to be utterly pissed off with his lot - the internal rebellion we read about in the post above, the slowness with which new signings are being secured, the bias shown by match officialdom and more besides.

truehibernian
10-08-2012, 07:50 PM
:agree: This is what I would have expected from PF with regards to culture change and good to hear. However, that kind of stuff will stir up opposition.

:agree: If there is any truth in it, in my view it will come down to PF walking away.

There are many reasons why he has every right to be utterly pissed off with his lot - the internal rebellion we read about in the post above, the slowness with which new signings are being secured, the bias shown by match officialdom and more besides.

Funny you raise that Beej, I chatted with a current SPL referee this week and Hibs were discussed. From his point of view (and he is an absolute gent on and off the pitch), Hibs are a great club. He has no affiliation to them, nor would he ever say who he likes (albeit it will be a team south of the border :greengrin). He likes Pat Fenlon although he 'keeps the fourth official busy'.........he was rather critical of Colin Calderwood and couldn't quite understand why he never ever appeared passionate.

It was Derek Adams that he didn't have much of a good word to say about.

I've chatted to another well known ref and, although admittedly they may be saying things just to be kind, I honestly never got the impression that there was any ill will against Hibs....in fact I'd say the opposite in that they were very honest but nice about Hibs (and their fans I may add......apparently we are one of the most knowledgable sets of fans :agree:).

matty_f
10-08-2012, 08:03 PM

:agree: it's reminiscent of JC's attempt to overhaul the culture at Hibernian. I genuinely hope that Fenlon's got the bass to see it through and stick it out.

i do feel the Board are 100% behind him and WILL give him the time he needs to change things because they too are sick of the culture that has been allowed to develop.

Lang Toun Hibs
10-08-2012, 08:17 PM
If you read my post you will see that I dont think he should be punted yet, I think he should be given more time. I was pointing out that peoples argument that fenlon somehow turned around the terrible calderwood squad to save us from relegation doesnt stack up as he was actually worse. I think we can only judge him after this transfer window but for me, because of his previous record, the jury is still out.

I never said you were. In my opinion, calederwood wouldn't have kept us up last year, Fenlon did and given the circumstances, he deserves some credit for that. Like us all, from Farmer down to my level, we all want some improvement this year - even if that is only 10th (and going one better in the Scottish Cup!!!). We need to show our support at this time to get the best out of our team.

PatHead
10-08-2012, 08:24 PM
I never said you were. In my opinion, calederwood wouldn't have kept us up last year, Fenlon did and given the circumstances, he deserves some credit for that. Like us all, from Farmer down to my level, we all want some improvement this year - even if that is only 10th (and going one better in the Scottish Cup!!!). We need to show our support at this time to get the best out of our team.

Personally I would consider 10th a failure this season as other teams have lost loads of players. Would settle for a Cup though.

Kaff
10-08-2012, 09:34 PM
I've been out all day and just seen this thread - the most telling comments are from brooster, but although there is a negative inference regards Pat Fenlon, I'd like to counter it by something I heard a couple of days ago. The source was/are a current employee close to the first team and a player.

Their immediate thoughts are, and still are, that Pat will turn it around - and when I mean turn it around I mean not just the football results but also the culture. Small but important things like dress code to training and match days have been changed, and I have to say in a far more professional manner. This did not go down too well with some players apparently (last season) and Fenlon was livid at certain players approach to being a 'professional footballer'. Those players are no longer here (you can guess who they are). He is also increasingly disappointed at the drinking culture that exists and has made this well known to the playing staff - again, this has not gone down too well with some. For me that is music to my ears - and it means a significant shift in professionalism and off field behaviour being monitored and dealt with better.

So in short, I totally appreciate there are concerns re his ability to do the job on the field, but behind the scenes I think a lot of grumbling is coming from employees who have had it too good for too long and Pat is dealing with it head on, no nonsense, and if there are those that don't like it, he is not shy to tell them where to go. Others have been told they are to find new clubs - again they are bumping gums apparently.

Tactically I think Pat gets caught out against teams that play with width - in that he lines up the wrong players against danger men and isn't positive enough - for example, Ivan can't defend to save himself, neither can Leigh - yet he has deployed both in wide roles against Hearts and Utd, asking them to help the full backs. I'd rather he let Leigh and Ivan attack, Leigh through the middle, and have a more balanced midfield do their job and help the defence.

It will come - and there will be some horrendous results I think. But some players have good contracts and they are not wanted by other clubs. Pat has this wee dilemna too. My thoughts are to give him the full season, and the next one.

That is music to my ears tbh. If that is the situation i would be patient and accept a bottom 6 place with limited quality football as long as we can lose the culture that has developed.
Did it start with Mowbray? He seemed to have such a good relationship with the players but possibly in an indulgent kind of way and when Collins wanted to impose a more strict professional structure then there was the 'rebellion' and with it a seemingly continuous downward spiral.
Anyway, truehibernian, you seem to have your finger on the pulse with most things and i think this is the more believable situation. As far as i remember Brooster can have good inside knowledge but he obviously relies on gossip about the training park and this smacks of the same cr*p spoken when JC was trying to get rid of the same problems. IMO of course.

MrSmith
10-08-2012, 09:46 PM
:agree: it's reminiscent of JC's attempt to overhaul the culture at Hibernian. I genuinely hope that Fenlon's got the bass to see it through and stick it out.

i do feel the Board are 100% behind him and WILL give him the time he needs to change things because they too are sick of the culture that has been allowed to develop.

This is my thoughts and hope too! To do anything else would have dire consequences. I like PF a lot and hope he can turn this round but, I would like to know, how this culture persisits??

JimBHibees
10-08-2012, 09:47 PM

Sounds encouraging hope he gets as much support as possible from the good guys within the club. Actually quite incredible the attitude of some at the club. Sounds like some treat it as a holiday camp rather than a professional team.

truehibernian
10-08-2012, 09:50 PM
That is music to my ears tbh. If that is the situation i would be patient and accept a bottom 6 place with limited quality football as long as we can lose the culture that has developed.
Did it start with Mowbray? He seemed to have such a good relationship with the players but possibly in an indulgent kind of way and when Collins wanted to impose a more strict professional structure then there was the 'rebellion' and with it a seemingly continuous downward spiral.
Anyway, truehibernian, you seem to have your finger on the pulse with most things and i think this is the more believable situation. As far as i remember Brooster can have good inside knowledge but he obviously relies on gossip about the training park and this smacks of the same cr*p spoken when JC was trying to get rid of the same problems. IMO of course.

I would say brooster and scoopy are nearly always bang on with their info and good info it is too - I don't think brooster was at all speaking out of turn either (and I don't know him and it's unfair to speak on his behalf)........both are invaluable on this forum IMHO.

My info usually comes from ex footballers and now coaches, with the SFA. A couple have Hibs links and one is as baffled at Hibs predicament as we all are. But he has heard good things about PF and is confident that it is the right way forward - the only downside as far as he is concerned is the lack of investment in coaching and youth.

That said, I've seen worse Hibs sides so I'm now pretty much immune from 'Hibs related depression' :greengrin

tooley
10-08-2012, 10:00 PM

Bring in a pub team manager from a pub league who takes pub team level players on loan, slowly turns our great team into a pub team, we can't keep sacking managers but at the same time we can't contine with this dross. Come on Farmer do the honest thing and sell up, taking that clown Petrie with you.

AlbertK86
10-08-2012, 10:03 PM

It was the boards fault the culture developed when Rod entertained the rebels behind JCs back

Captain Trips
10-08-2012, 10:13 PM

What is this culture? How 3 managers later with a totally different squad are we discussing the JC stuff?

What lets say last season was this culture that keeps being mentioned?

BEEJ
10-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Funny you raise that Beej, I chatted with a current SPL referee this week and Hibs were discussed. From his point of view (and he is an absolute gent on and off the pitch), Hibs are a great club.

I've chatted to another well known ref and, although admittedly they may be saying things just to be kind, I honestly never got the impression that there was any ill will against Hibs....in fact I'd say the opposite in that they were very honest but nice about Hibs (and their fans I may add......apparently we are one of the most knowledgable sets of fans :agree:).
I'd love these guys to sit through a DVD of the Hibs matches refereed last season by Craig Thomson and for them to give their honest opinion on his performances and whether there can be any above board explanation for some of his 'peculiar' decisions against us.

matty_f
10-08-2012, 10:16 PM
This is my thoughts and hope too! To do anything else would have dire consequences. I like PF a lot and hope he can turn this round but, I would like to know, how this culture persisits??

It persists because too often when it gets to this point in the attempt to sort it out there are players who don't like it, life gets difficult for the manager, and the fans and board ***** it and go back to square one with someone new.

The cycle needs to be broken this time and that means giving Fenlon the autonomy and time to sort it out.

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2012, 10:17 PM
It was the boards fault the culture developed when Rod entertained the rebels behind JCs back

I'd love the culture at the club the same as it was when Mowbray was in charge, i dont remember anyone saying they were not fit, yet as soon as Collins comes in they are suddenly not fit enough? Perhaps they were not good enough, certainly Gatheussi O'Brien Makalamby Kerr and the rest of the dross Collins signed were not good enough.

Then HIS team starts losing, and he quits quoting lack of funds, that told me everything i needed to know about him as a manager.

matty_f
10-08-2012, 10:17 PM
What is this culture? How 3 managers later with a totally different squad are we discussing the JC stuff?

What lets say last season was this culture that keeps being mentioned?

I'm sorry, I don't know that your actually asking here.

matty_f
10-08-2012, 10:18 PM

I don't think that has anything to do with it some 5 years later, to be frank.

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2012, 10:19 PM
I don't think that has anything to do with it some 5 years later, to be frank.

:agree: Its a lazy excuse by folk who have no idea what they are talking about.

Jonnyboy
10-08-2012, 10:19 PM

Add this comment to your one about McGinlay being 'urine' and I'm convinced you are either a pretty crap wind up merchant or you really are in Ibiza and have spent far too long in the sun

Captain Trips
10-08-2012, 10:20 PM
I'm sorry, I don't know that your actually asking here.

I am asking what is the culture at the club that is always mentioned as an issue?

Kaff
10-08-2012, 10:21 PM
I would say brooster and scoopy are nearly always bang on with their info and good info it is too - I don't think brooster was at all speaking out of turn either (and I don't know him and it's unfair to speak on his behalf)........both are invaluable on this forum IMHO.

My info usually comes from ex footballers and now coaches, with the SFA. A couple have Hibs links and one is as baffled at Hibs predicament as we all are. But he has heard good things about PF and is confident that it is the right way forward - the only downside as far as he is concerned is the lack of investment in coaching and youth.

That said, I've seen worse Hibs sides so I'm now pretty much immune from 'Hibs related depression' :greengrin

As i said, i'd be prepared to 'suffer' poor quality football while the poor attitude of many is sorted out. Poor football from poor footballers i can take, its couldnt care less attitude from supposedly quality players that turns me off.
I'm not sure PF is a master tactician etc but if he's got the fight in him to turn this part around then he's got my support for the long term

down-the-slope
10-08-2012, 10:28 PM
:panic:

matty_f
10-08-2012, 10:28 PM
I am asking what is the culture at the club that is always mentioned as an issue?

The one where we appear to be soft as *****e, have barely a player who looks anything like someone who gives a toss about the club, where players go out on the lash after our worst defeat ever, where players tell all and sundry they're off somewhere else, where the players seem to do the bare minimum required, where the fight they do choose to show is either on George street or against team mates at training, where a bevvy is more important than a win, the bookies more important than the gym, where any wee gripe is told to anyone who'll listen rather than those that can sort it...

Have you had your eyes closed these last few seasons?

Lang Toun Hibs
10-08-2012, 10:40 PM
I'd love the culture at the club the same as it was when Mowbray was in charge, i dont remember anyone saying they were not fit, yet as soon as Collins comes in they are suddenly not fit enough? Perhaps they were not good enough, certainly Gatheussi O'Brien Makalamby Kerr and the rest of the dross Collins signed were not good enough.

Then HIS team starts losing, and he quits quoting lack of funds, that told me everything i needed to know about him as a manager.

Spot on!

Captain Trips
10-08-2012, 10:42 PM
The one where we appear to be soft as *****e, have barely a player who looks anything like someone who gives a toss about the club, where players go out on the lash after our worst defeat ever, where players tell all and sundry they're off somewhere else, where the players seem to do the bare minimum required, where the fight they do choose to show is either on George street or against team mates at training, where a bevvy is more important than a win, the bookies more important than the gym, where any wee gripe is told to anyone who'll listen rather than those that can sort it...

Have you had your eyes closed these last few seasons?

Sorry not a culture all clubs have players go out when probably shouldnt, players appearing to not give a toss or the bare minimum are not a culture but simply bad signings. Big deal a few players fall out happens all the time. A lot of conjecture poured out on here and I bet if we spend as much time on other club websites we will read some similar stuff Goodwillie for example.

Players "appearing" to want to be somewhere else is down to management, I do not disagree that some of what you say goes on but it is not a culture it is poor signings. I have had my eyes open plenty and our issues are with bad managers signing players who cannot do the basics right and managers not learning from mistakes.The culture is an excuse.

The manager has to sign the players with right attitude all to often with your Garry Os or Tom Soares we are bring in folk who maybe fell from grace and do feel they maybe bigger than Hibs that is not Hibs fault but the players fault. CC and PF have IMO brought in too many of these players and that is the mistake of manager.

BH mentioned the culture under Mowbray, I bet a lot of the same stuff went on there but winning matches meant a lot didnt surface as there was not a lot bad happening to blame anyone.

There is no deep issues, RP has hired guff mangers who in turn signed guff players losing games and that then causes issue.

matty_f
10-08-2012, 10:48 PM
Sorry not a culture all clubs have players go out when probably shouldnt, players appearing to not give a toss or the bare minimum are not a culture but simply bad signings. Big deal a few players fall out happens all the time. A lot of conjecture poured out on here and I bet if we spend as much time on other club websites we will read some similar stuff Goodwillie for example.

Players "appearing" to want to be somewhere else is down to management, I do not disagree that some of what you say goes on but it is not a culture it is poor signings. I have had my eyes open plenty and our issues are with bad managers signing players who cannot do the basics right and managers not learning from mistakes.The culture is an excuse.

The manager has to sign the players with right attitude all to often with your Garry Os or Tom Soares we are bring in folk who maybe fell from grace and do feel they maybe bigger than Hibs that is not Hibs fault but the players fault. CC and PF have IMO brought in too many of these players and that is the mistake of manager.

BH mentioned the culture under Mowbray, I bet a lot of the same stuff went on there but winning matches meant a lot didnt surface as there was not a lot bad happening to blame anyone.

There is no deep issues, RP has hired guff mangers who in turn signed guff players losing games and that then causes issue.

Couldn't disagree more.

Captain Trips
10-08-2012, 10:53 PM
Couldn't disagree more.

Fine I cannot accept a club changing managers and players at the rate we have done have some sort of culture that remains through managers all with different ideas, not having that at all. The unfortunate thing is we have had 2 or 3 managers making bad signings it is as simple as that. The players arrive crap we do not make them crap with a "culture"

We hear more about this stuff because we lose I am as certain that plenty of stuff goes on in winning team.

truehibernian
10-08-2012, 10:59 PM

To be fair Carlsberg, cultures exist at every single Scottish club, Hibs are no different - we (fans) just take it more personally because it is Hibs and we love Hibs (fans). Drink, cards and golf play a huge part in the Scottish footballers psyche.

Years and years ago, when I played in my youth, I remember playing in quite a prestigious tournament in Ayr. We played Rangers (in Jock Wallace's era), and their youth team, which included John Spencer, turned up in club suits and ties - they looked the business before a ball was kicked. They warmed up and lined up like a pro side - we on the other hand turned up in our Farrah's, Benetton sweatshirts and Rucanor bags :greengrin

Point is, we were beat before a ball was kicked because of professionalism - even back then. And we were kids.

I think a footballer needs constant reminding how lucky they are to be where they are, and to be paid for kicking a football....simple as that. And if that means for a few years sacrificing alcohol for a bit, maybe training a bit harder, eating the right food, wearing the correct attire to work, and being a positive influence to fans and those that they come across - it is a small price to pay for success.

At the moment I see footballers (in Scotland) as being people more concerned about twitter, Nando cards being stamped, George Street/Princes Square/Union Street (delete where applicable), and girls.

The academies will change this culture, I am convinced of that - but we are already 20 years behind other countries I'm afraid. And Scottish culture is drenched in booze - so players will always be attracted to it no matter what team they are with. I think the Olympics this year has proved what can be achieved with hard work, personal investment and a little bit of sacrifice - the players should be using that as motivation IMHO.

Captain Trips
10-08-2012, 11:05 PM
To be fair Carlsberg, cultures exist at every single Scottish club, Hibs are no different - we (fans) just take it more personally because it is Hibs and we love Hibs (fans). Drink, cards and golf play a huge part in the Scottish footballers psyche.

Years and years ago, when I played in my youth, I remember playing in quite a prestigious tournament in Ayr. We played Rangers (in Jock Wallace's era), and their youth team, which included John Spencer, turned up in club suits and ties - they looked the business before a ball was kicked. They warmed up and lined up like a pro side - we on the other hand turned up in our Farrah's, Benetton sweatshirts and Rucanor bags :greengrin

Point is, we were beat before a ball was kicked because of professionalism - even back then. And we were kids.

I think a footballer needs constant reminding how lucky they are to be where they are, and to be paid for kicking a football....simple as that. And if that means for a few years sacrificing alcohol for a bit, maybe training a bit harder, eating the right food, wearing the correct attire to work, and being a positive influence to fans and those that they come across - it is a small price to pay for success.

At the moment I see footballers (in Scotland) as being people more concerned about twitter, Nando cards being stamped, George Street/Princes Square/Union Street (delete where applicable), and girls.

The academies will change this culture, I am convinced of that - but we are already 20 years behind other countries I'm afraid. And Scottish culture is drenched in booze - so players will always be attracted to it no matter what team they are with. I think the Olympics this year has proved what can be achieved with hard work, personal investment and a little bit of sacrifice - the players should be using that as motivation IMHO.

I accept what you say but I think the culture talked about is pretty much the same all over so I do not see why that puts us at a disadvantage, the culture really is normal. Players should use Olympics I agree but again some will some wont not just at Hibs but everywhere. The abilty of our managers and players is the issue not the stuff that happens at the club day to day.

I think we are no worse than most clubs for stuff going on away from football, we do not find out about other clubs players doing similar as we maybe don't care, so IMO everyclub has same issues therefore the reason we are poor is down to ability.

truehibernian
10-08-2012, 11:14 PM
I accept what you say but I think the culture talked about is pretty much the same all over so I do not see why that puts us at a disadvantage, the culture really is normal. Players should use Olympics I agree but again some will some wont not just at Hibs but everywhere. The abilty of our managers and players is the issue not the stuff that happens at the club day to day.

I think we are no worse than most clubs for stuff going on away from football, we do not find out about other clubs players doing similar as we maybe don't care, so IMO everyclub has same issues therefore the reason we are poor is down to ability.

Agree with you - but take smoking and drinking for example - does absolutely nothing to improve performance in any sport and is usually frowned upon by sports coaches etc. There are Hibernian players who have done both yet been in the first team - that's where I look up to the sky and say what on earth are we doing allowing them to take the **** like that, and what are the younger players thinking when they see these 'pros' get away with it ?

That is a very basic culture that needed changed. None of them were Dino Zoff, Socrates or even Jorge Albertz - it just highlights to me how seriously they take being a professional footballer.

Captain Trips
10-08-2012, 11:26 PM
Agree with you - but take smoking and drinking for example - does absolutely nothing to improve performance in any sport and is usually frowned upon by sports coaches etc. There are Hibernian players who have done both yet been in the first team - that's where I look up to the sky and say what on earth are we doing allowing them to take the **** like that, and what are the younger players thinking when they see these 'pros' get away with it ?

That is a very basic culture that needed changed. None of them were Dino Zoff, Socrates or even Jorge Albertz - it just highlights to me how seriously they take being a professional footballer.

Oh I agree but we are talking a culture in general here IMO, Hibs will not be only team to have a smoker playing or drinker I am sure. They shouldnt smoke.

What I am saying is a culture is mentioned as if it is the issue at Hibs to why we are in a state at times, the cultures you mention are a leveller they happen at every club, our issue is signing crap managed by crap.

Hibs canot and will not change what you say, they will never sign players who will not let us down off pitch but so will all clubs and all clubs need to enforce change so every player is a pro, at the moment though Hibs need to sign players with ability, changing footballers culture is far to big a job for Hibs just try signing some good players.

jacomo
10-08-2012, 11:27 PM

Pure revisionism. Mowbray's team lost plenty, with poor away form and disappointments in the cups. They were of course brilliant on their day, but there was huge talent in that team and they didn't actually win anything.

You've made your dislike of Collins clear many times, but it seems incredible that in the realm of professional sport (that is what this is, right?) you have a pop for trying to improve the fitness of the players.

Why would you not want the players as fit as possible? Have you discovered some alternative coaching method that goes against everything that the greatest teams in the sport live by?

If so, do share it.

Fantic
10-08-2012, 11:29 PM

:agree: As mentioned look at the Olympic athletes, they don't perform like they've been out on the bevy all week.

Captain Trips
10-08-2012, 11:35 PM
Pure revisionism. Mowbray's team lost plenty, with poor away form and disappointments in the cups. They were of course brilliant on their day, but there was huge talent in that team and they didn't actually win anything.

You've made your dislike of Collins clear many times, but it seems incredible that in the realm of professional sport (that is what this is, right?) you have a pop for trying to improve the fitness of the players.

Why would you not want the players as fit as possible? Have you discovered some alternative coaching method that goes against everything that the greatest teams in the sport live by?

If so, do share it.

JC was correct, players should be fit but all that will do wrongly imo is make Hibs unattractive as 90% of other club managers seem to accept players as they are in main so players would rather play for them.

Hibs cannot be guinea pig for a culture change as we have enough issues without that. JC in theory was right but it will never work alone at one club when players will have lots of choice to go to club that doesnt have that philosophy.

sahib
10-08-2012, 11:37 PM
It is all that big softie, hippy barsteward, lovey - bloody - dovey, players bosom buddy Tony -cuddley wuddley- Mowbray's fault. If only Petrie had allowed Collins to attach the electrodes to Mikey- snake in the grass, jambo fifth columnist, ruddy Stewart's genitalia, we wouldn't be in the state we are now.

DH1875
10-08-2012, 11:41 PM
:agree: As mentioned look at the Olympic athletes, they don't perform like they've been out on the bevy all week.

They just get their body full of all sorts of enhancers don't they :rolleyes:. As for smokers, didn't do Russel any harm did it?

Andy Bee
10-08-2012, 11:42 PM
Fine I cannot accept a club changing managers and players at the rate we have done have some sort of culture that remains through managers all with different ideas, not having that at all. The unfortunate thing is we have had 2 or 3 managers making bad signings it is as simple as that. The players arrive crap we do not make them crap with a "culture"

We hear more about this stuff because we lose I am as certain that plenty of stuff goes on in winning team.

Vaz te (sp), Clayton Donaldson, Garry O', there's something wrong at this club that needs addressing and if the players are on mobile phones googling before kick off then I despair I really do. WTF did they have phones in the changing rooms and WTF are they bothered who they were marking. Stepping back in history the Famous Five wouldn't give a donkeys bawlux who they were up against, they'd just beat them.

Honestly the Hibs dressing room sounds like they should be in some West End musical, it's time to roll up the sleeves and batter whatever gets in the way.

Captain Trips
10-08-2012, 11:45 PM
Vaz te (sp), Clayton Donaldson, Garry O', there's something wrong at this club that needs addressing and if the players are on mobile phones googling before kick off then I despair I really do. WTF did they have phones in the changing rooms and WTF are they bothered who they were marking. Stepping back in history the Famous Five wouldn't give a donkeys bawlux who they were up against, they'd just beat them.

Honestly the Hibs dressing room sounds like they should be in some West End musical, it's time to roll up the sleeves and batter whatever gets in the way.

Andy that will happen all over so its a leveller, why will Hibs under 2 managers have players on mobiles? Simple they are at it at all clubs almost. Hibs start addressing that then we have JC part 2, I want us to address players passing 10yds etc.

Cmon Vaz Te etc could not use phones until arriving here?

RyeSloan
11-08-2012, 12:01 AM
Andy that will happen all over so its a leveller, why will Hibs under 2 managers have players on mobiles? Simple they are at it at all clubs almost. Hibs start addressing that then we have JC part 2, I want us to address players passing 10yds etc.

Cmon Vaz Te etc could not use phones until arriving here?

I see where you are coming from but working in different conditions/cultures does impact performance even of high end performers.

I think you are wrong to say all clubs have the same culture, no 2 work places as the same and that will hold true for football clubs as well as any other place of employment.

I also think you are wrong to say that it doesn't really matter...I think the culture of a workplace is one of the key drivers of success and that Hibs should be looking to make sure our footballing culture is one that demands the best from everyone all of the time.

Captain Trips
11-08-2012, 12:10 AM
I see where you are coming from but working in different conditions/cultures does impact performance even of high end performers.

I think you are wrong to say all clubs have the same culture, no 2 work places as the same and that will hold true for football clubs as well as any other place of employment.

I also think you are wrong to say that it doesn't really matter...I think the culture of a workplace is one of the key drivers of success and that Hibs should be looking to make sure our footballing culture is one that demands the best from everyone all of the time.

I am not saying the same, bottom line is Hibs are no worse as a culture than any other club, I think what goes on at Hibs will be pretty standard at all clubs, so IMO we do not have an issue with our culture we have one with poor players. Hibs will demand the best as will all clubs I do not see Hibs being any less looking for best than any other club.

I think we shouldnt be concerned about the culture at Hibs and more so on our results. There seems a tone as if Hibs are not as proffesional as other clubs I do not see that, we will have rules some clubs might not and clubs will have ones we don't.