PDA

View Full Version : The People's Story - an example of Yam bias?

The Harp
09-08-2012, 11:02 PM
I visited the People’s Story in the Canongate Tollbooth today to see if it had changed much since my last visit – and it certainly had!!! There, just inside the door, were the same 3 life-size model figures (of a man, woman and child) which have been there for years (man, woman and child) presumably representing a small, present-day family unit. What had changed though was the Jambo scarf draped around the neck of the ‘dad’ figure. Now I realise this would, in all probability, have been the actions of a Yam joker after that horrendous day in May – but that‘s almost 3 months ago – surely it should have been removed by now.
Feeling bloody annoyed, I made my way to the desk and asked an attendant if this was a legitimate part of the exhibition – which it obviously wasn’t. After telling him I thought it to be in bad taste and that as an Edinburgh council tax payer I regarded it as offensive, he said he would speak to the person responsible for the exhibition. Somehow, I don’t envisage anything being done.
Could this be another example of this council’s bias towards the Gorgie mob or is it that I’ve lost my sense of humour and am getting (even) grumpier in my auld age? :grr:

Scouse Hibee
09-08-2012, 11:04 PM
I visited the People’s Story in the Canongate Tollbooth today to see if it had changed much since my last visit – and it certainly had!!! There, just inside the door, were the same 3 life-size model figures (of a man, woman and child) which have been there for years (man, woman and child) presumably representing a small, present-day family unit. What had changed though was the Jambo scarf draped around the neck of the ‘dad’ figure. Now I realise this would, in all probability, have been the actions of a Yam joker after that horrendous day in May – but that‘s almost 3 months ago – surely it should have been removed by now.
Feeling bloody annoyed, I made my way to the desk and asked an attendant if this was a legitimate part of the exhibition – which it obviously wasn’t. After telling him I thought it to be in bad taste and that as an Edinburgh council tax payer I regarded it as offensive, he said he would speak to the person responsible for the exhibition. Somehow, I don’t envisage anything being done.
Could this be another example of this council’s bias towards the Gorgie mob or is it that I’ve lost my sense of humour and am getting (even) grumpier in my auld age? :grr:

:faf: Get a grip FFS.

jacomo
09-08-2012, 11:07 PM

Think the op should sue for PTSD.

Kenny1875
09-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Reality check is in order for you

Cabbage East
09-08-2012, 11:12 PM

I don't think you really speak for or have a clue about the Hibs support so your opinion means nowt. Personally, I'd have ripped that scarf off myself.

Scouse Hibee
09-08-2012, 11:14 PM
I don't think you really speak for or have a clue about the Hibs support so your opinion means nowt. Personally, I'd have ripped that scarf off myself.

Check you out Mr Super Supporter himself.

The Harp
09-08-2012, 11:24 PM

Unfortunately, I didnae have any rubber gloves wi' me.:wink:

Hermit Crab
09-08-2012, 11:42 PM
Unfortunately, I didnae have any rubber gloves wi' me.:wink:

Yam infiltrators will have this all over KB ripping you!!

Sean1875
10-08-2012, 12:10 AM
I hate Hearts dont get me wrong, but if something like this genuinely offends you, you really need to have a look at yourself.

Pete
10-08-2012, 03:06 AM
I hate Hearts dont get me wrong, but if something like this genuinely offends you, you really need to have a look at yourself.

People a lot older, wiser and more experienced than you realise that this stealth promotion of the establishment team and favoritism has been going on since we were formed. This exhibit is visited by thousands of tourists and anything like this should be nipped in the bud.
I'm sick of Hibernian being second-class citizens as far as the establishment are concerned and it's about time everyone else was too.

Why do you hate hearts? Because they beat us at football games?

Pretty Boy
10-08-2012, 05:55 AM
Who cares?

Hearts have always been the establishment club, the cooncils little pet. Even now that they have a 'radical' owner that hasn't changed.

At Hibs we had to spend our formative years fighting for acceptance and have always been regarded as a minor annoyance by the Edinburgh authorities.

Fine by me. Give me Hibs anyday over being one of those subservient *****.

Beefster
10-08-2012, 06:02 AM
Once the Council have finished dealing with all the important stuff like scarf-related requests, maybe they can sort out the traffic in Edinburgh some time?

I'm all for a grumble but the one in the OP is like some old, retired Brigadier writing to the BBC to complain because a presenter used poor grammar.

Brizo
10-08-2012, 06:28 AM
Depends what said family were wearing. If the Dad was dressed like like a 1970s History teacher , the ma looked like Hyacinth Bucket and the bairn was dressed in a Watsons uniform tbh its probably a fairly accurate representation of the average Jambo family.

If not, Petrie get it sorted:grr:

Pretty Boy
10-08-2012, 06:30 AM
Depends what said family were wearing. If the Dad was dressed like like a 1970s History teacher , the ma looked like Hyacinth Bucket and the bairn was dressed in a Watsons uniform tbh its probably a fairly accurate representation of the average Jambo family.

If not, Petrie get it sorted:grr:

Was there a Rover 25 parked outside? That would be the real giveaway.

steakbake
10-08-2012, 06:40 AM
Man alive. At least you gave the folk that work there a week laugh during their working day!!

NAE NOOKIE
10-08-2012, 06:48 AM
I was in the museum of childhood in the Royal Mile last year and one of the exhibits included a Hibs Teddy Bear. Never saw any Yam stuff.

One all I think

bawheid
10-08-2012, 07:10 AM
I was in the museum of childhood in the Royal Mile last year and one of the exhibits included a Hibs Teddy Bear. Never saw any Yam stuff.

One all I think

That yam snowman got battered twice. 3-1.