PDA

View Full Version : How Many Signings Before Window Shuts

AlbertK86
09-08-2012, 09:15 PM
I reckon 2 or 3 max

The closer it creeps towards the end of the window the more I think 'The Summer of Change' quote looks like a publicity stunt

The total overhaul ain't happening.

We need 5 more in but I will accept 3 with a gradual rebuild to continue in Jan.

Just hope a couple in tomorrow to lift the team and fans before Sunday

coco22
09-08-2012, 09:24 PM
I've thought all week, with blind faith, that we would introduce a signing of quality today. Someone that would give the fans, team and general atmosphere a wee boost. We will bring in new faces and hopefully some quality but a bit of concern as to why we continue to miss out on players who are out there or available for small fees

Heisenberg
09-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Reckon we'll get in 3 more before the window shuts. Hopefully all of a better quality than what we have at the moment.

Dalianwanda
09-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Yup I'd say three...I think he's holding a bit of cash for just before the transfer window SLAMs shut...

lucky
09-08-2012, 09:38 PM
We will sign 5 more 2 permanently 3 loans

LeighLoyal
09-08-2012, 09:51 PM
I'm not crazy about loans, it's like being a well paid office temp and having a license to be a slob. Useless in the main, and I include Griffiths - his attitude last year spoke volumes.

Hibs90
09-08-2012, 09:52 PM
A complete new midfield would be nice, although be interesting to see how Deegan does.

steakbake
09-08-2012, 10:00 PM
The window will creak shut with at most, 3 new players.

Jim44
09-08-2012, 10:12 PM
I think there might be a couple but no-one to get excited about.

Scouse Hibee
09-08-2012, 10:20 PM
I'm not crazy about loans, it's like being a well paid office temp and having a license to be a slob. Useless in the main, and I include Griffiths - his attitude last year spoke volumes.

So did his performances and goals!

Baldy Foghorn
09-08-2012, 10:42 PM

Though he got involved in stupid stuff earning suspensions, I thought LG put in a power of work, maybe even trying to hard at times

Sylar
09-08-2012, 10:48 PM
I reckon another 1 maybe, with a couple of loan signings added in.

The club will have a myriad of excuses (possibly relating to uncertain financial conditions following the collapse of Rangers/TV uncertainty/ST sales) and will give Pat the bullet before Christmas, citing poor performances despite him having two windows to identify his targets and build his team and that unfortunately results and performances have not been at the expected level. The fans will be up in arms as we sit in the bottom 3 just before Christmas and a new manager will be appointed just before the January transfer window opens. He'll bring in a couple of players (including some more loan deals to fill the gap of departures and ending loan deals) and again, we'll narrowly escape relegation*.

*Incase it's not obvious to some, please note the blatant tongue in cheek tone of the above "prediction"...

:agree:

Saorsa
09-08-2012, 10:54 PM
I think there might be a couple but no-one to get excited about.I'm hoping for 3. If Maybury is one of them then I'd like a midfielder and another striker. I dinnae care if they're exciting or if I've never heard of them, only that they dae the job required.

SteveHFC
09-08-2012, 10:55 PM

down-the-slope
09-08-2012, 11:24 PM
I'm hoping for 3. If Maybury is one of them then I'd like a midfielder and another striker. I dinnae care if they're exciting or if I've never heard of them, only that they dae the job required.

:agree: or if i have heard of them and don't think much of them....so long as they contribute to improving us

Steve20
10-08-2012, 05:37 AM
Probably 1 new signing and 2 loans on deadline day.

Sumner
10-08-2012, 06:52 AM
IMHO door is shut at ER,
Rod's chequebook is locked in the safe.

Fans fault of course, only another 9,999 season tickets
would have seen a loan signing from Carlisle or Colchester,
the supporters weren't "in it together" enough, our fault.

BEEJ
10-08-2012, 09:23 AM
The transfer deadline is just three weeks tonight. :I'm waiti

NorthNorfolkHFC
10-08-2012, 09:40 AM
They really should make a big effort to sign Beattie after his rant at Sevco today. It would be a step in the right direction.

Sumner
10-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Does the Hibs board do "big efforts" ?

"Hi Mr Beattie, Rod Petrie here..
You could sign for us for up-to-and-including
the princely sum of £1800 a week?
Really.. not enough?
Oh well, you had your chance son, cheerio"

.. Brrrrrrrr... phone doon at ER.

yekimevol
10-08-2012, 10:21 AM
three, two strikers and a midfielder.

NorthNorfolkHFC
10-08-2012, 10:23 AM
"But Rod, I really want to be part of something big..."

"Look son, we have a business to run. For your insolence you can have £1500 a week. However, you can use your mobile on match days so, every cloud Craig!!!"

phantomscotsman
10-08-2012, 10:53 AM
I reckon another 1 maybe, with a couple of loan signings added in.

The club will have a myriad of excuses (possibly relating to uncertain financial conditions following the collapse of Rangers/TV uncertainty/ST sales) and will give Pat the bullet before Christmas, citing poor performances despite him having two windows to identify his targets and build his team and that unfortunately results and performances have not been at the expected level. The fans will be up in arms as we sit in the bottom 3 just before Christmas and a new manager will be appointed just before the January transfer window opens. He'll bring in a couple of players (including some more loan deals to fill the gap of departures and ending loan deals) and again, we'll narrowly escape relegation*.

*Incase it's not obvious to some, please note the blatant tongue in cheek tone of the above "prediction"...

:agree:

^:tee hee:

Id hope for at least 1 striker thats of decent stature and a couple of midfielders with some imagination.. whether they are permanent or loans until January is not an issue as long as they do the job...

Famous5forever
10-08-2012, 10:58 AM
I Am not sure i did read a bizzare article in the Metro yestersay where Paddy was saying how good John Daley was and that he is the type of player he wants but due to finance problems he was unable to afford players of this calibre.
Seemed like a dig at the purse string holders.

Hermit Crab
10-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Though he got involved in stupid stuff earning suspensions, I thought LG put in a power of work, maybe even trying to hard at times

Picked up a stupid booking at utd game too

ekhibee
10-08-2012, 11:42 AM
I reckon 2 or 3 max

The closer it creeps towards the end of the window the more I think 'The Summer of Change' quote looks like a publicity stunt

The total overhaul ain't happening.

We need 5 more in but I will accept 3 with a gradual rebuild to continue in Jan.

Just hope a couple in tomorrow to lift the team and fans before Sunday

None, and we'll get humped on Sunday. No doubt Wotherspoon, Hanlon and Sproule will all be playing, enough said.

Famous5forever
10-08-2012, 11:44 AM
None, and we'll get humped on Sunday. No doubt Wotherspoon, Hanlon and Sproule will all be playing, enough said.

If these 3 play we are Donald Ducked.

jacomo
10-08-2012, 12:16 PM
I'm hoping for 3. If Maybury is one of them then I'd like a midfielder and another striker. I dinnae care if they're exciting or if I've never heard of them, only that they dae the job required.

I'm with you, so long as the other two are expected starters. This would at least mean we have a substantially new spine to the team...

Williams
McPake
New Midfielder
New Striker

I am not as depressed as some about the overall strength of our squad, but more that the team just isn't functioning properly. With a solid core (including a sitting midfielder and a target man), I think Sparky / Doyle / Cairney could play wide, Claros might come good and Deegan might provide some spark in midfield.

Booth, Hanlon, Clancy as defenders, with the youngsters (Handling, Stanton, Caldwell) competing for opportunities. Lewis and Spoony to be given another year to see if they've got it.

Kujabi I'm not sure about, but the rest can go.