PDA

View Full Version : Sunday odds

IanM
09-08-2012, 10:55 AM
Very surprised to see Hearts at what looks a standout 11/8 (Boylesport) on Sunday (Hibs 5/2, draw 12/5 Betfair)

Any thoughts?

Leigh Griffiths 7/1 and 2/1 to score first and score anytime
John Sutton 6/1 and 7/4 to score first and score anytime

Hibs half/full time - 5/1
Hearts half/full time - 3/1

Im like most, dont think i could bet Hearts and altho 11/8 is big I am swayed with £40 on Hibs. Regardless, we should never be that big at home to them.

hibsmad
09-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Big price for Hearts and I can see a few of them lumping on that!

I could never in a million years back them against us. Anyway, being a typical football fan I am hoping that Deegan (and possibly Maybury) somehow manage to turn the shambles we have been watching for the last five years into a reasonable side!

With that in mind, I think I'll go and stick a tenner on the cabbage!

allezsauzee
09-08-2012, 11:07 AM
I can't bring myself to bet against Hibs but for a neutral, I think Hearts are very good value. I think Templeton will be a better bet to score than Sutton

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2012, 11:08 AM
I will be lumping on the gimps, free money is always welcome however it arrives.

allezsauzee
09-08-2012, 11:12 AM
I won once betting against Hibs and I felt dirty and digusted with myself. So much so that i had to spend the winnings on beer to try and forget where the money had come from.

lord bunberry
09-08-2012, 11:51 AM
If hearts were as certain to win as some people on here are making out they would be a much shorter than 11/8 they aren't that good a team it wouldn't take that much of an improvement from us to give them a good game i will be putting my money on hibs and if they win you'll never hear the end of it

Makaveli
09-08-2012, 12:24 PM
On first look Hearts seem a good price, but they're nowhere near the side they were last year.

Okay, we're still poor, but there's a much smaller gulf between the sides than there was in January when we competed until late on.

I won't go as far as betting on Hibs because I only do when we're standout value from an objective POV (Dunfermline away was the last time), but will I f*** be backing Hearts. Even if I wasn't morally against it, 11/8 isn't amazing.

The Voice Of Reason
09-08-2012, 12:27 PM
I will be lumping on the gimps, free money is always welcome however it arrives.

Agreed (sadly). As you say, free money.

I lumped on Dundee Utd at 4/6 at the weekend and I have lumped an even bigger amount on Hearts at 11/8.

If we draw (or even win) I will be pleased........so I can't lose !

patlowe
09-08-2012, 12:30 PM

I lumped on Dundee Utd at 4/6 at the weekend and I have lumped an even bigger amount on Hearts at 11/8.

Yep. Makes the inevitable defeat that tiny bit easier to swallow. Hearts are maybe not the team that beat hibs 5-1 but we are nowhere near settled yet and will not be able to handle their wide players.

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2012, 12:32 PM

:agree: Thats always been my thinking when betting against Hibs.

hibsmad
09-08-2012, 02:12 PM

As far as I'm concerned I could still lose.

I'll feel ***** if we lose to them and having an extra few quid in my pocket wouldn't change that feeling. Plus it would just feel wrong placing the bet - putting that little line in the box next to their name that says I think Hearts will beat Hibs. Naw, that's no for me!

Unless we are talking BIG money of course (which I'm guessing most people aren't).

SouthEnglandHib
10-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Hibs 10/1 to win 2-1, just put fiver on with ladbrokes.
Due a win at some point, right?

.Sean.
10-08-2012, 01:38 PM
I had a tonne on Hibs in the Cup Final. Learned the hard way backing Hibs!

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2012, 01:42 PM
I had a tonne on Hibs in the Cup Final. Learned the hard way backing Hibs!

I had a double West Ham and the gimps, i think it was £50, paid for the weekend.

lord bunberry
10-08-2012, 01:48 PM
I had a double West Ham and the gimps, i think it was £50, paid for the weekend.

I can't understand a hibs fan backing hearts in a derby. What has happened to our support over the last few years??? I really hope we win on sunday and bring some pride back to leith

Broken Gnome
10-08-2012, 01:51 PM
I can't understand a hibs fan backing hearts in a derby. What has happened to our support over the last few years??? I really hope we win on sunday and bring some pride back to leith

Some find financial compensation a help in dealing with the worst case scenario. And an aid for drinking the memory away. Some don't. It's not some grand act of treason.

lord bunberry
10-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Some find financial compensation a help in dealing with the worst case scenario. And an aid for drinking the memory away. Some don't. It's not some grand act of treason.

It doesn't say much for our support when they are turning up at a derby with a bet on hearts. If we lose on sunday we should be gutted and collecting a few quid at the bookies shouldn't change that

wearethehibs
10-08-2012, 02:19 PM
It doesn't say much for our support when they are turning up at a derby with a bet on hearts. If we lose on sunday we should be gutted and collecting a few quid at the bookies shouldn't change that

Seriously! I wouldn't do it myself but putting a bet on them to beat us is a good way to win some cash. If they win you win money and if we win then you'll be happy you lost.

lord bunberry
10-08-2012, 02:55 PM
Seriously! I wouldn't do it myself but putting a bet on them to beat us is a good way to win some cash. If they win you win money and if we win then you'll be happy you lost.

Why wouldn't you do it then

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2012, 02:56 PM

Its just plain logic, we were/are pish. The bookies are offering tempting odds, so i take them. Some folk bet with their heart, i dont.

lord bunberry
10-08-2012, 03:02 PM
Its just plain logic, we were/are pish. The bookies are offering tempting odds, so i take them. Some folk bet with their heart, i dont.

Well you are betting with your heart in a way as your putting a bet on that you hope will lose

wearethehibs
10-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Why wouldn't you do it then

Cause Im not a big gambler and theres not much point putting a small stake on a single

If I had like £20 to spare id put it on them

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Well you are betting with your heart in a way as your putting a bet on that you hope will lose

:faf: I will be having a punt on the gimps this weekend, but thats because i think they will win. I think with my brain not my heart????????:rolleyes: I hope we win, and will be out sunday night celebrating should we do so.

If we lose i will still be out, i will still have a drink, it wont taste as nice but it will be free booze.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Some folk bet with their heart

Only people that support good teams should indulge in that sort of punting Gary!

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2012, 03:12 PM
Only people that support good teams should indulge in that sort of punting Gary!

My other teams Barcelona. :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Yams are only 6/5 on Betfair just now, quite unusual to be shorter than the bookies.

Frazerbob
10-08-2012, 03:27 PM
My former boss, a well kent Hibby, puts a grand on Hearts every Derby and has done since the 80's. Is it any wonder he is millionaire?

wheniwas5
10-08-2012, 03:56 PM
any hibs fan who bets against their own team in a derby is no right in the heid for me:confused:

joe breezy
10-08-2012, 04:21 PM
I've got a wee accumulator that returns £51 if Mo Farah wins the 5000 metres on Saturday night.

Seriously thinking about putting the lot on Hearts - 11/8 sounds crazy odds but I suppose they have lost a few players since the cup final?

I used to have the philosophy of never betting against Hibs but you've got to be unemotional about betting, otherwise you make silly decisions

...edit I'm in 2 minds already now we have signed Maybury, maybe it will be a draw...

Will wait till Saturday night to decide, might just bet on Man City chelsea instead

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2012, 04:34 PM
any hibs fan who bets against their own team in a derby is no right in the heid for me:confused:

Anyone who bets on Hibs in a derby, is not using his head.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Grainger could be a good ew bet if he plays, penalty taker and all that!
Surely Hearts price will drift since we've signed AM! ;-)

Craig_in_Prague
10-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Anyone who bets on Hibs in a derby, is not using his head.

Bet Hibs when we won 2-0 in the "unbeatable" game... and also 1-0 at Tynie (brian kerr goal) under JC 1st game of season... Got 3/1 at least on both.

11/8 Hearts this w/e was too good to leave. Point is, you should know your own team better than anyone else and even the bookies. So why not bet for or against them when you know how they are playing.

I also got bets like 12/5 away from home under Mowbray at Falkirk, Motherwell and the likes.

Betting with heid indeed.

erin go bragh
10-08-2012, 09:35 PM
Coral have Hibs at 8/5 , them 13/10 .
Back them ,never ever could i put even a penny on that stinking lot .
Going to stick a £10 on Griffiths first goal as he was on fire at the training on wed ,banging them in for fun .

ggtth

NOLA
10-08-2012, 10:04 PM
if you like a bet then you should only do so with your brain and not your heart, hertz are a good bet to win on sunday, like others have said if we win you forget about losing the bet cos your chuffed and if we lose youve got your beer money sorted for the day/night

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2012, 10:08 PM
Bet Hibs when we won 2-0 in the "unbeatable" game... and also 1-0 at Tynie (brian kerr goal) under JC 1st game of season... Got 3/1 at least on both.

11/8 Hearts this w/e was too good to leave. Point is, you should know your own team better than anyone else and even the bookies. So why not bet for or against them when you know how they are playing.

I also got bets like 12/5 away from home under Mowbray at Falkirk, Motherwell and the likes.

Betting with heid indeed.

:agree: I have had Hibs in a few bets over the years, and as you say betting for or against is that little bit easier when you know just how they are playing.

Dinkydoo
10-08-2012, 10:24 PM

No, it's just plain negativity - something which you seem pretty adept at.

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2012, 10:27 PM
No, it's just plain negativity - something which you seem pretty adept at.

:faf::faf: You are right, after the cup final i was pretty down. But when i looked at my winning betting slip, everything was fine again, it was as if a huge cloud had been lifted. :rolleyes:

Dinkydoo
10-08-2012, 10:40 PM
:faf::faf: You are right, after the cup final i was pretty down. But when i looked at my winning betting slip, everything was fine again, it was as if a huge cloud had been lifted. :rolleyes:

We are obviously very different people because I could never bring myself to bet against Hibs in a derby (or at all really - though I've considered it), never mind the Scottish Cup final against our greatest rivals.

Even if I did, I'd probably burn the money i'd "won". **** that.

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2012, 10:41 PM
We are obviously very different people because I could never bring myself to bet against Hibs in a derby (or at all really - though I've considered it), never mind the Scottish Cup final against our greatest rivals.

Even if I did, I'd probably burn the money i'd "won". **** that.

:agree:

Dinkydoo
10-08-2012, 10:59 PM
:agree:

Why deny it; may as well embrace it - I hope you lose your bet in Sunday :wink:

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Why deny it; may as well embrace it - I hope you lose your bet in Sunday :wink:

So do i.

Dinkydoo
10-08-2012, 11:05 PM
So do i.

I know you do; I can't understand how you could do it, but I don't think you'd actually prefer the yams to win. :flag:

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2012, 11:08 PM
I know you do; I can't understand how you could do it, but I don't think you'd actually prefer the yams to win. :flag:

Something i have said before many times? Perhaps you dont like money, well i do and if i think we are going to get pumped, and the odds are right. I will bet against us. Maybe you will understand it now i have told you? :confused:

Dinkydoo
10-08-2012, 11:18 PM
Something i have said before many times? Perhaps you dont like money, well i do and if i think we are going to get pumped, and the odds are right. I will bet against us. Maybe you will understand it now i have told you? :confused:

I was trying to keep this amicable but if you can't help yourself from being arsey then fine. Yes, I understand the idea of a bet, you make a prediction about a result, scorer, particular outcome and then if you win, you recieve money relative to the odds on said outcome and your monetary stake. I don't understand how you could place a bet against us in an Edinburgh derby simply because I couldn't imagine myself being pleased with any other outcome than a Hibs win - unless it was 'crazy money'.

Allant1981
11-08-2012, 09:03 AM
I always miss hibs out when i put my coupon on, just so unreliable. I did think about sticking money on hearts but couldnt bring myself to do it, no problem with folk who do as you're almost certain to get a decent return

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2012, 09:38 AM
I was trying to keep this amicable but if you can't help yourself from being arsey then fine. Yes, I understand the idea of a bet, you make a prediction about a result, scorer, particular outcome and then if you win, you recieve money relative to the odds on said outcome and your monetary stake. I don't understand how you could place a bet against us in an Edinburgh derby simply because I couldn't imagine myself being pleased with any other outcome than a Hibs win - unless it was 'crazy money'.

Nothing arsey about my reply, you keep saying you cant understand how anyone can bet against the team they support in a derby game. I explain why i can on more than one occasion, yet you keep saying you cant understand, even after reading my posts???????

Then you go completely against what you originally say, and say you could be pleased if you won crazy money backing against Hibs? So its just the amount you are willing to bet that puts you off doing it, FFS make your mind up.

I know plenty of women who wouldn't sleep with a man for money, but if they were offered a million quid, they'd change their opinion very quickly.

And another thing, i have never once said i'd be pleased at any other outcome than a hibs win, even if i have a bet otherwise? :confused:

lord bunberry
11-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Tbh i would sleep with a man for a million quid but i still wouldn't back the vermin in a derby

3pm
11-08-2012, 10:04 AM
Surely folk are willing tp sleep wirh you for a lot less than a million in these tough financial times?! I still don't think you be doing it though... :o)

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2012, 10:04 AM
Surely folk are willing tp sleep wirh you for a lot less than a million in these tough financial times?! I still don't think you be doing it though... :o)

:greengrin

lord bunberry
11-08-2012, 10:13 AM

:greengrin you never know

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-08-2012, 11:25 AM
Coral have Hibs at 8/5

Where did you see that? That'll do for me.

Thought it was too good to be true! 11/10 on their website.

Dinkydoo
11-08-2012, 11:47 AM
Nothing arsey about my reply, you keep saying you cant understand how anyone can bet against the team they support in a derby game. I explain why i can on more than one occasion, yet you keep saying you cant understand, even after reading my posts???????

Then you go completely against what you originally say, and say you could be pleased if you won crazy money backing against Hibs? So its just the amount you are willing to bet that puts you off doing it, FFS make your mind up.

I know plenty of women who wouldn't sleep with a man for money, but if they were offered a million quid, they'd change their opinion very quickly.

And another thing, i have never once said i'd be pleased at any other outcome than a hibs win, even if i have a bet otherwise? :confused:

I understand what you are doing just not how you could do it, why is this so difficult to grasp?

If it was crazy money then yes I would be pleased - it's only a game of football. How much have you put on? I thought you liked money. Are you not going to be pleased with winning some more of it?

And no, I wouldn't be "willing" to bet against Hibs - I didn't say that - I said that I wouldn't be pleased with us losing against Hearts unless I was in receipt of a lot of money, which is different.

This is my last response on the matter because I'm not going to be drawn into a stupid arguement fuelled by your own negativity. I tried to cut this short, agree to disagree and all that, though I should have known by now that this doesn't work with you.

Sorry for the lack of coherence and proper grammar in places but I'm in a rush, I have better things to do today.

joe breezy
11-08-2012, 05:32 PM
Tbh i would sleep with a man for a million quid but i still wouldn't back the vermin in a derby

If you're bagging a million go for a ladyboy, at least they look like girls

I know someone who backs whoever Hibs are playing regularly, he never wants to win the bet but finds it a small consolation

I find it very hard to do

I enjoy cheering my bets on, which is why I'm a crap gambler - if no goals is most likely that's what you should bet on, if Hibs are weaker than an overpriced opposition you should bet on the opposition.

1875godsgift
12-08-2012, 12:34 AM
Where did you see that? That'll do for me.

Thought it was too good to be true! 11/10 on their website.

Got Hibs at 9/4 on Ladbrokes. I could never bet against my team, call it karma, call it what you want, but I call it betrayal :greengrin

Pete
12-08-2012, 12:52 AM
People seem absolutely certain that hearts will win this. Hearts have lost players since the cup final and their owner has said he wont be bankrolling them any more. They were lucky to win against St.J and were less than convincing.

We were poor last week but that was our first competitive game while United had already started their season competitively. They also have better players than we do, have a more settled system and team and are one of the favorites for second place.

If you've lumped on hearts I think you're a mug and I don't think you've analysed things properly. Hearts have been winning derbies because they have had better players than us. This season will see a change. They're not good enough to come here any more and walk all over us and I think we'll prove it.

I'm going to put money on hibs because my head says I think we'll win and it's certainly a better bet given the odds. All you guys who put money on hearts will be happy after the match but I'll be that little bit flusher!:thumbsup:

joe breezy
12-08-2012, 10:12 AM
I've got an accumulator with Hibs +1 and an accumulator with Hearts to win so if there's a game that mucks my bet up it won't be at Easter Road :greengrin

joe breezy
12-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Come on Man City, Ajax Blackpool & Joshua

12.08.2012 11:07295/28010.00WAccumMan City v Chelsea - The Community Shield : Match BettingMan City5/4OpenOpen10.00
Blackpool v Morecambe : Match BettingBlackpool4/9Open
Ajax v AZ Alkmaar : Match BettingAjax4/7Open
Utrecht v Feyenoord : Match BettingFeyenoord10/11Won
Helsingborgs v Kalmar : Match BettingHelsingborgs4/6Open
Mens Boxing Super Heavyweight : OutrightJoshua, Anthony4/11Open
Hibernian v Hearts - Scottish Premier League : Match Handicap (+1)Hibernian+14/6Open

Wotherspiniesta
12-08-2012, 03:24 PM
To everyone betting against Hibs :hahaha:

:giruy:

joe breezy
12-08-2012, 03:29 PM
To everyone betting against Hibs :hahaha:

:giruy:

Blackpool have mucked it up for me s things stand, arrrggh. They don't seem to have a goalscorer. Getting beat by Morecambe - just needed Blackpool for £400 from a tenner - oh well

Squealing pig
12-08-2012, 03:39 PM
Guy I watched it with had 500 on Jambos lol

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Gutted we scraped a draw, cost me a fortune.

LancsHibs
12-08-2012, 05:46 PM

Call yourself a Hibs fan:fuming::giruy:

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Call yourself a Hibs fan:fuming::giruy:

:greengrin

The Voice Of Reason
12-08-2012, 07:23 PM

Me too - disgrace ! :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-08-2012, 07:44 PM

Gary, I hope u can live with yourself tonight, I waited to see the Yammish team line up then ended up backing Man C instead @ 6-4 on Betfair!

All joking apart have a good one mate!

Unfortunately had a tenner ew on Kun that lowered the winnings a tad!