PDA

View Full Version : SKY Anytime+

DH1875
08-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Has anyone got this and if so, how'd you get it. Trying to connect to it the now and sign up but it's saying I'm no connected to a phone line. I've got a ethernet cable running from my router into the sky box but my phone line is plugged into the router. If I take it from there then my laptop/PS3 won't be able to connect to the internet :confused:.

Any help.

CallumLaidlaw
08-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Have you got the anytime+ router box?

DH1875
08-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Have you got the anytime+ router box?

Nah, I've got talktalk but was told that you can connect to anytime+ now no matter what broadband you've got :confused:.

Matty_Jack04
08-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Log into your sky account online and got to the shop and 'purchase' sky anytime+ it's free dunno y you have to go round this kack, 20 mins maybe longer it says a few days online you'll have to restart your box and it's there when it restarts

I also have no phone line just the Ethernet, anytimes great tho

Goodluck

Matty_Jack04
08-08-2012, 08:58 PM
Nah, I've got talktalk but was told that you can connect to anytime+ now no matter what broadband you've got :confused:.

Thats right mate I've got virgin media

Sir David Gray
08-08-2012, 09:04 PM

You can.

It used to be the case that Anytime+ was only available to Sky Broadband customers but they changed that at the start of this year and it's available now to anyone who has a Sky+HD box and any broadband subscription.

Do you have an Anytime+ subscription active on your Sky account?

What is the actual message that you're getting on your screen?

DH1875
08-08-2012, 09:20 PM
You can.

It used to be the case that Anytime+ was only available to Sky Broadband customers but they changed that at the start of this year and it's available now to anyone who has a Sky+HD box and any broadband subscription.

Do you have an Anytime+ subscription active on your Sky account?

What is the actual message that you're getting on your screen?

It's saying that a telephone line is not connected to my sky box. My phone line isn't, it's going into my router and I'm using a ethernet cable to connect that to the box. It should be working as I'm using the same router for my laptop to get on here.

Sir David Gray
08-08-2012, 10:32 PM
It's saying that a telephone line is not connected to my sky box. My phone line isn't, it's going into my router and I'm using a ethernet cable to connect that to the box. It should be working as I'm using the same router for my laptop to get on here.

If you're trying to access the Sky Store, you'll need to have your phone line connected into the back of your sky box.

Press the "tv guide" button and then press the red button for anytime and then tell me what happens.

If you get "showcase" highlighted in yellow then you've got anytime+ activated. If it just has "all" highlighted then it's only the normal anytime that you have set up just now.

DH1875
08-08-2012, 11:38 PM
If you're trying to access the Sky Store, you'll need to have your phone line connected into the back of your sky box.

Press the "tv guide" button and then press the red button for anytime and then tell me what happens.

If you get "showcase" highlighted in yellow then you've got anytime+ activated. If it just has "all" highlighted then it's only the normal anytime that you have set up just now.

I tried to order it through the store so guess that's why it said I need the phone line. Ended up doing it online and it's in my package but I'm still no getting it. Just got the same old anytime crap, no showcase stuff. I know my router and ethernet cable are working as just double checked on the PS3 and I can get online with them no probs. Guess I'll have to wait till morning to see what happens.

Sir David Gray
09-08-2012, 12:18 AM
I tried to order it through the store so guess that's why it said I need the phone line. Ended up doing it online and it's in my package but I'm still no getting it. Just got the same old anytime crap, no showcase stuff. I know my router and ethernet cable are working as just double checked on the PS3 and I can get online with them no probs. Guess I'll have to wait till morning to see what happens.

Try the following;

Press "services"
Press "select" on "options"
Press the right arrow until you come to "customise" and then press "select"
Ensure that "enable anytime" and "broadband network connection" are both set to "on".
Press the green button to save the settings.

Then try the "tv guide" and the red button. Hopefully "showcase" is then highlighted.

Also check this;

Press "services"
Press the right arrow until you come to "settings" and then press "select"
Press the right arrow unti you come to "network" and then press "select"
Ensure that the "local connection" and "service connection" are both OK and the IP address field is populated with a number and DHCP is "on"

If all that is ok and you're still not getting "showcase" when you press the red button on the tv guide then I really don't know what else to advise.

You definitely need to connect the phone line to your box, though, if you want to access the Sky Store.

DH1875
09-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Try the following;

Press "services"
Press "select" on "options"
Press the right arrow until you come to "customise" and then press "select"
Ensure that "enable anytime" and "broadband network connection" are both set to "on".
Press the green button to save the settings.

Then try the "tv guide" and the red button. Hopefully "showcase" is then highlighted.

Also check this;

Press "services"
Press the right arrow until you come to "settings" and then press "select"
Press the right arrow unti you come to "network" and then press "select"
Ensure that the "local connection" and "service connection" are both OK and the IP address field is populated with a number and DHCP is "on"

If all that is ok and you're still not getting "showcase" when you press the red button on the tv guide then I really don't know what else to advise.

You definitely need to connect the phone line to your box, though, if you want to access the Sky Store.

Cheers bud. Still not getting anywhere but thanks for the help. Might have to give them a phone as I still don't get it. Double checked all my wires and connections by putting them through my PS3 and their working OK :confused:. Is your IP address the same for all your devices? and how do you check it as I think the one on SKY is wrong.