PDA

View Full Version : Photos: Open Training Session

JohnStephens91
08-08-2012, 06:35 PM
I was about taking photos for Sunshine From Leith and also helping out with Hibernian TV footage today, here is the link to my photos for the website, they include photos of the players training and also the players signing stuff for the fans: http://sunshinefromleith.wordpress.com/2012/08/08/open-training-session/

GGTTH

edwards
08-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Didn't exactly attract loads if that had been a successful team we would have at least half filled the stands.

stokesmessiah
08-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Didn't exactly attract loads if that had been a successful team we would have at least half filled the stands.

Go away...God of all the things to moan about.

Saorsa
08-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Didn't exactly attract loads if that had been a successful team we would have at least half filled the stands.FFS, I can find things tae moan about but this sort of thing is the limit. The club offered people the chance tae go along and watch a training session, most of those who were there seemed tae enjoy their afternoon and the lovely weather (apart from a few that were sitting near me before I moved tae get away from their moaning, you wernae there were you? :rolleyes: ) This morning we had somebody moaning about the club offering secured parking (that they dinnae have tae use), unbelievable or maybe not. :rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
08-08-2012, 08:08 PM

:faf::faf::faf:

Brilliant......

JohnStephens91
08-08-2012, 08:48 PM

Sorry but this is a really negative attitude to have, Hibs opened up to the fans for a training session and showed what essentially happens during training, albeit they were out for an hour, and allowed the fans to have their shirts or autograph books signed. We, as a fanbase, have regularly asked what happens at East Mains and we got a small insight into it. The most important thing is that the overwhelming majority of people who attended were pleased to have had the opportunity to watch the team train and all the children had a great time too. Stop nitpicking, the club opened it's doors and a good turnout was had.

JohnStephens91
08-08-2012, 08:54 PM
FFS, I can find things tae moan about but this sort of thing is the limit. The club offered people the chance tae go along and watch a training session, most of those who were there seemed tae enjoy their afternoon and the lovely weather (apart from a few that were sitting near me before I moved tae get away from their moaning, you wernae there were you? :rolleyes: ) This morning we had somebody moaning about the club offering secured parking (that they dinnae have tae use), unbelievable or maybe not. :rolleyes:

The important thing is that the overwhelming majority did have a good time, the turnout was good as well for something only announced a few days ago. I enjoyed doing my bit helping the club out and getting to see the players train as well as seeing the fans happy for once.

hibee92
08-08-2012, 09:11 PM

Cheers for that.

FranckSuzy
08-08-2012, 09:17 PM

Do you know what? I'm thinking of starting a radical campaign where I boo negative fans, instead of the team. You're the first.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Do you think it will catch on?

down-the-slope
08-08-2012, 09:25 PM
:aok: Thanks for Pics and info - good job!

Even DD enjoyed himself so it must have been a good event :greengrin

H18sry
08-08-2012, 09:29 PM

Did you attend? The bairns around me loved it,the players were very approachable and happily posed for pictures and autographs even the manager spoke candidly about trying to bring more players in. And at only a couple of days notice it was a worthwhile exercise.

BEEJ
08-08-2012, 09:34 PM
I was about taking photos for Sunshine From Leith and also helping out with Hibernian TV footage today, here is the link to my photos for the website, they include photos of the players training and also the players signing stuff for the fans: http://sunshinefromleith.wordpress.com/2012/08/08/open-training-session/

GGTTH
That looks like it was a really good occasion. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to get along to that. I hope they do that again some time.

Thanks for making the photos available. :aok:

frazeHFC
08-08-2012, 09:35 PM

:faf:

Not that i am taking your post seriously, but did you expect a big turn out at 2pm on a weekday anyway?

heid the baw
08-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Sorry but this is a really negative attitude to have, Hibs opened up to the fans for a training session and showed what essentially happens during training, albeit they were out for an hour, .

Other than the Friday cakes, an hour is probably pretty much yer lot going on last seasons fitness. Personally I would have rather watched them boakin' at the top of a Gullane sand dune.

SaulGoodman
08-08-2012, 09:45 PM

Sack the board :agree:

H18sry
08-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Other than the Friday cakes, an hour is probably pretty much yer lot going on last seasons fitness. Personally I would have rather watched them boakin' at the top of a Gullane sand dune.

:wink:

JohnStephens91
08-08-2012, 09:50 PM

We were treated to a sample of what they do at East Mains, the variety of drills, fitness work and 2 touch matches is good enough. If you really want to watch people running you can go to the Meadows or another local park on a nice day? How about you just appreciate the club listened to the fans and put on the open training session for us and praise the club for being proactive in this department.

shetlandhibee
08-08-2012, 09:58 PM
Did you attend? The bairns around me loved it,the players were very approachable and happily posed for pictures and autographs even the manager spoke candidly about trying to bring more players in. And at only a couple of days notice it was a worthwhile exercise.

:thumbsup:I would have liked to have been there

JohnStephens91
08-08-2012, 10:06 PM
That looks like it was a really good occasion. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to get along to that. I hope they do that again some time.

Thanks for making the photos available. :aok:

I'm sure the club will have better quality photos available at some point soon, as far as I'm aware the club would like it to happen every once in a while so there is always a next time! :agree:

heid the baw
08-08-2012, 10:21 PM
How about you just appreciate the club listened to the fans and put on the open training session for us and praise the club for being proactive in this department.

I don't know why my appreciation of the club has been in short supply lately. Maybe it was the long treck back from Hapmden, maybe it was all the players who didnae try a leg season in season out, maybe it's me getting older. All I know is that it will take a lot more than a patronising wee glimpse into the world of East Mains to get my appreciation.

I guarantee you if I could spend one week at East Mains quietly and without obstruction, observing the group dynamics and interviewing people, at the end of the week I could offer an informed report on what needs to be done to turn things around.

Bobo
08-08-2012, 10:31 PM
I've put up some of the photographs I took this afternoon here (http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/eagy70/Easter%20Road%20Training%20Day/) for anyone that's interested.

JohnStephens91
08-08-2012, 10:31 PM
I don't know why my appreciation of the club has been in short supply lately. Maybe it was the long treck back from Hapmden, maybe it was all the players who didnae try a leg season in season out, maybe it's me getting older. All I know is that it will take a lot more than a patronising wee glimpse into the world of East Mains to get my appreciation.

I guarantee you if I could spend one week at East Mains quietly and without obstruction, observing the group dynamics and interviewing people, at the end of the week I could offer an informed report on what needs to be done to turn things around.

It has to be a two-way street, the fans won't enjoy watching the players run constantly for an hour and neither will the players, today was about re-establishing the bond between the club and the community and less about the actual work they do, although we were given small glimpses of it. The players, coaches, journalists and club staff all looked like they had a good time, but more importantly so did the fans who attended.

Saorsa
08-08-2012, 11:01 PM
:aok: Thanks for Pics and info - good job!

Even DD enjoyed himself so it must have been a good event :greengrinyou'd think I was a grumpy git or something :greengrin

I think it was a great idea whoever came up with it and decided on it happening and I think it should be done mair often. I think there are a lot of things tae have a go at (that's for other threads though) but I'm no in the habit of knocking what I think are good ideas nae matter who the come from just for the sake of it.

gegs70
09-08-2012, 02:15 AM
great idea ... unfortunately i was working so couldnt make it.

Gala Foxes
09-08-2012, 04:56 AM
More importantly - did they practice corners and did they get them past the first defender ?

Lucius Apuleius
09-08-2012, 05:00 AM

Your posts also in short supply. Strangely enough every single one of them is negative. Dinnae fancy a pint with you. I take it you are some sort of football manager or master tactician or something else along these lines with all the necessary coaching certification?

offshorehibby
09-08-2012, 08:38 AM
I was there and had a very enjoyable afternoon. At the end the kids were buzzing getting photos and autographs with the players.

Well done Hibs

I even saw them cross the ball shoot and score in one of the drills.

Andy74
09-08-2012, 08:41 AM
Did I really hear a woman in the first few rows screaming abuse because part of the routine was up the far end? Looked like the stewards had to come and tell her to shut up or leave. Classy.

Lucius Apuleius
09-08-2012, 08:58 AM
Did I really hear a woman in the first few rows screaming abuse because part of the routine was up the far end? Looked like the stewards had to come and tell her to shut up or leave. Classy.

Jill!!!!!!!!!

:greengrin

dangermouse
09-08-2012, 09:19 AM
Sadly work got in the way of what would have been an enjoyable afternoon according to my son. He had a great time, got his shirt signed and a number of photos taken with the squad.

He reckons that Deegan looks to be a Scott Brown type of player and that Claros has a very powerful shot on him. He was also speaking to Spark who is really up for the derby.

The only down side of the day for him was the giant Sky TV billboard outside the Famous Five stand featuring a well known refugee :greengrin

Gatecrasher
09-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Firstly hats off to Hibs for doing something like this and it looks great for the kids and getting a chance to interact with the players, My question though is why do Hibs only announce these things a day or two in advance? Its the same when players do appearences at shopping centres etc. anyone know?

heretoday
09-08-2012, 02:16 PM
I suppose it will have kept the kids happy for a bit during the holidays.

Did they practise shooting the ball between the posts and under the bar?

brythehibby
09-08-2012, 02:32 PM
Was off work this week so went along. Very enjoyable afternoon. Had a chat with Deegan who seemed keen for sunday and said things have to be turned round quickly from last week and spoke about how he doesnt want what happened in the final to happen while hes here. New additions looked to have fitted in well in training also. Be good if they did this more often its a great idea.