PDA

View Full Version : Advertising boards outside ER (merged)

Lmc2105
08-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Sorry if anyone has already mentioned this and a just haven't seen it.

Sounds petty but hey ho!

Was walking home past the stadium as i live just behind the east stand and noticed that the Advert Boards have been changed,

Not sure if anyone has seen the new sky sports boards that have gone up but do my anger there was a huge picture of RUDI SKACEL kissing the badge at running away celebrating! don't get me wrong but sky can put on what they like?! But outside ER are they just trying to rub it in?! (i no it's not sky who owns them it's who ever contacts they boards but still!!)

People have already been at it with stones & even a kebab by the looks of things! :greengrin

Don't think it will be their much longer.

Maybe a bit petty but Pi$$ed me off!

:yw:

DaveF
08-08-2012, 05:28 PM
That's a fricking piss take of the highest order.

Saorsa
08-08-2012, 05:31 PM

Sounds petty but hey ho!

Was walking home past the stadium as i live just behind the east stand and noticed that the Advert Boards have been changed,

Not sure if anyone has seen the new sky sports boards that have gone up but do my anger there was a huge picture of RUDI SKACEL kissing the badge at running away celebrating! don't get me wrong but sky can put on what they like?! But outside ER are they just trying to rub it in?! (i no it's not sky who owns them it's who ever contacts they boards but still!!)

People have already been at it with stones & even a kebab by the looks of things! :greengrin

I was up there today at the open training session and I never noticed it (shows how much attention I pay tae adverts) I wish I had seen it though because it would have had some mair damage tae it.

Lmc2105
08-08-2012, 05:33 PM
I was up there today at the open training session and I never noticed it (shows how much attention I pay tae adverts) I wish I had seen it though because it would have had some mair damage tae it.

TBH mate i don't either a just looked up and saw THAT but people have been at it already but surley theyy could show some common sense!

Wish a had a packet of eggs! still a only live 2 minutes round the corner :cb

Saorsa
08-08-2012, 05:36 PM
TBH mate i don't either a just looked up and saw THAT but people have been at it already but surley theyy could show some common sense!

Wish a had a packet of eggs! still a only live 2 minutes round the corner :cbB&Q just round the corner from you, get some tins of paint tae throw at it and dae it right. I'll pay for a tin :thumbsup:

cabbageandribs1875
08-08-2012, 05:38 PM
i'l donate £2 towards the paint.....just put the paypal link up :greengrin

Lmc2105
08-08-2012, 05:41 PM
haha! Lads am sure on Sunday (if it's still there) people will have a fair go at it!
:partyhibb

Gatecrasher
08-08-2012, 05:42 PM
if its that close to ER, someone will do something about it. I drove past the ones just down from the Anchor Inn and even the Go Compare guy gets it tight, compare was crossed out and it read Go get another Job and a pizza box was painted to make him look like a delivery guy. Funny stuff.

Baldy Foghorn
08-08-2012, 05:47 PM

Sounds petty but hey ho!

That advert is on Boards all around the city, but to be displayed in Easter Road, is really pretty stupid.......

Lmc2105
08-08-2012, 05:48 PM
That advert is on Boards all around the city, but to be displayed in Easter Road, is really pretty stupid.......

Yeah seen that beside the Gyle Brockie but outside the stadium .... Pathetic as i said don't think it will be there much longer,

Baldy Foghorn
08-08-2012, 05:50 PM
Yeah seen that beside the Gyle Brockie but outside the stadium .... Pathetic as i said don't think it will be there much longer,

Should not have been put in Easter Road full stop. You said someone had thrown a kebab at it, what a waste of good food:wink:

Lmc2105
08-08-2012, 05:51 PM
Should not have been put in Easter Road full stop. You said someone had thrown a kebab at it, what a waste of good food:wink:

ha! think the anger got the best of me! i aimed for the head! was a donner as well :(

Still lucky a have a greggs stakebake anaw so i never really lost out! :greengrin

c31
08-08-2012, 05:52 PM

it's even in Wishaw canny get away from these pricks...

Famous5forever
08-08-2012, 05:53 PM
There is one at Camron Toll Roundabout i seen it today i got a text from my mate who is a delivery guy he said they are all over Edinburgh.

c31
08-08-2012, 06:00 PM
http://www.skymedia.co.uk/contact.aspx get them telt........

Curly1875
08-08-2012, 06:07 PM
One just outside my house as well! :grr:

silverhibee
08-08-2012, 06:36 PM

Sounds petty but hey ho!

One on Ferry Road at Crewe Toll roundabout as well, thought the Pilton Hibby's would have sorted it by now, f***ing disgusting stuff seeing that wee cant as i drive by each day.

silverhibee
08-08-2012, 06:38 PM
B&Q just round the corner from you, get some tins of paint tae throw at it and dae it right. I'll pay for a tin :thumbsup:

And i will pay for the other tin.

lord bunberry
08-08-2012, 07:09 PM
And i will pay for the other tin.

I will get a kebab but i can't promise i won't eat it

Pretty Boy
08-08-2012, 07:13 PM
They're all over the place.

Total ****ing piss take considering the player in question doesnt even play in this country anymore.

silverhibee
08-08-2012, 07:34 PM
They're all over the place.

Total ****ing piss take considering the player in question doesnt even play in this country anymore.

And the game is at ER as well, you better believe it's a piss take, why do some advertising boards not feature a Hibs player to even things up a bit, someone's at it having that wee cant all over Scotland.

Do you think they would have done this if it was an old firm game at the weekend, no bleeping chance.

3pm
08-08-2012, 07:37 PM
They should stick a couple up in the dressing room. Remind them that pish produced in May was unacceptable and a repeat won't be tolerated.

adhibs
08-08-2012, 07:39 PM
theres one on duke street aswell. hopefully they wont last past friday night

Pretty Boy
And the game is at ER as well, you better believe it's a piss take, why do some advertising boards not feature a Hibs player to even things up a bit, someone's at it having that wee cant all over Scotland.

Do you think they would have done this if it was an old firm game at the weekend, no bleeping chance.

Can just imagine the reaction now if there was a big poster of Neil Lennon on the Broomloan Road, just wouldn't happen.

Not wishing to condone vandalism but I hope somebody rips the thing down and burns it.

S.sct
Saw it, fuming at first but sure it will be decorated before Sunday ( not encouraging budding Bansy's but .....)

HibbyDave
08-08-2012, 08:05 PM
Grow up guys.

It's a poster that's designed to get reaction!

The only useful suggestion so far is that one of these posters should be taken into the home dressing room before the game on Sunday to remind us of how much you need to want it to succeed.

Chuck Rhoades
08-08-2012, 08:28 PM
By Saturday night he will look a lot, lot different :D

down-the-slope
08-08-2012, 08:31 PM
just left the Stadium wee while ago...someone has had a go at tearing it down (one of those backlit ones) it has a 2ft tear at the bottom and the remains of aforementioned grub on it

Bishop Hibee
08-08-2012, 08:36 PM
By Saturday night he will look a lot, lot different :D

:greengrin Bit of culture jamming in order.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_jamming

Make it witty and hit the mark.

allezsauzee
08-08-2012, 09:00 PM
What all the Hibbies that have sky should do is phone them up and ask them to cancel, telling them that you can't afford it any more. They'll almost certainly offer you a cut price deal for 6 months or so. I've thought about doing this before but just been too busy/lazy to get round to it. However that advert has really pi$$ed me off, so i'm definitely doing it. It's hardly radical but these cants are all about the money and it takes some of it away from them....if i did actually have principals I'd have cancelled the subscription already.

frazeHFC
08-08-2012, 09:06 PM
Might set up a stall just beside it selling eggs, paint etc, could make a good earning from it. :greengrin

Greendub
08-08-2012, 09:15 PM
if its that close to ER, someone will do something about it. I drove past the ones just down from the Anchor Inn and even the Go Compare guy gets it tight, compare was crossed out and it read Go get another Job and a pizza box was painted to make him look like a delivery guy. Funny stuff.

That's the actual advert haha

Same up and down the country

Gatecrasher
08-08-2012, 09:27 PM
That's the actual advert haha

Same up and down the country
Really? That's quality :hilarious

Hibs7
08-08-2012, 09:33 PM
One outside meadowbank, won't last long ;-)

Paisley Hibby
08-08-2012, 10:19 PM
They should stick a couple up in the dressing room. Remind them that pish produced in May was unacceptable and a repeat won't be tolerated.

:agree:

matty_f
08-08-2012, 10:35 PM
B&Q just round the corner from you, get some tins of paint tae throw at it and dae it right. I'll pay for a tin :thumbsup:

Let's paint this c*** maroon with *****e.

Hibee87
09-08-2012, 08:33 AM
:faf: reaction on this is laughable, its a ****ing poster advterising sky, the way some folk go on its like sky diliberatly made this poster to wind hibs fans up!! we all know it wont last long and is probibly there because some yam at the council thought it would be funny and a wind up, which it is to anyone but hibs fan and I am sure we would all be pissing ourself had there been a poster with a hibs player up at tyncastle some people need to stop being so bloody touchy.

Gatecrasher
09-08-2012, 03:31 PM
:faf: reaction on this is laughable, its a ****ing poster advterising sky, the way some folk go on its like sky diliberatly made this poster to wind hibs fans up!! we all know it wont last long and is probibly there because some yam at the council thought it would be funny and a wind up, which it is to anyone but hibs fan and I am sure we would all be pissing ourself had there been a poster with a hibs player up at tyncastle some people need to stop being so bloody touchy.
I'm sorry but IMO it just shows sky up for the pricks they are, they know there are 2 teams in the city and they know what happened at the end of last season and last season they had the curtisy of putting Hibs and hearts ones up.

Sir David Gray
09-08-2012, 04:27 PM
This seems to be Sky's nationwide poster to advertise the new season on Sky Sports.

There are two round my way that I drive past every day on my way to work. I first noticed them on Tuesday morning and I nearly crashed my car into the side of the road, I was so angry! :grr:

Hibernia Na Eir
09-08-2012, 04:31 PM
climb up and scat it.

green glory
09-08-2012, 05:11 PM
I'd suggest a dirty protest, but **** doesn't show on a maroon jersey.

Sean1875
09-08-2012, 05:12 PM
Will be interesting to see how much of it is left come Sunday night.

Hibs90
09-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Will be interesting to see how much of it is left come Sunday night.

Apparently gone now.

The_Todd
09-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Grow up guys.

It's a poster that's designed to get reaction!

The only useful suggestion so far is that one of these posters should be taken into the home dressing room before the game on Sunday to remind us of how much you need to want it to succeed.

I thought that too at first, but having thought about it now I think **** it. Too often we roll over to get our bellies tickled by the Pink hoardes, and this would be no different to let that go without some sort of reaction. Get it to ****.

Hibs90
09-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Someone ripped it down and there's folk there putting a new one up.

Gatecrasher
09-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Apparently gone now.
Hope so :agree:

Chuck Rhoades
09-08-2012, 06:08 PM
Round 2 has commenced.

SouthMoroccoStu
09-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Round 2 has commenced.

I wonder who will win this battle of wits.....:flag:

HibeeSince85
09-08-2012, 06:57 PM
STV News app carrying the story now, quoting this site and El Presidente :greengrin

Lmc2105
09-08-2012, 07:02 PM
STV News app carrying the story now, quoting this site and El Presidente :greengrin

:greengrin:flag:

Sorry to report but it's still there!!!
:giruy:

Onion
09-08-2012, 07:06 PM

If a simple mistake, then totally agree, nothing to get hot an bothered about. However, I've been involved in buying 48 sheet media before and the media buyer/client would ALWAYS review hot spots like that. They would know from the schedule exactly where the poster was placed and the likely impact. It, Sky and the media buyers deserve all the contempt they will get for that "stunt".

Franck Stanton
09-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Does it have "Wanted Dead or Alive" above it like the old western wanted posters ?

one day maybe...
09-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Apparently gone now.

Was there at 12.15 today, as I said to the girl in the shop " are sky having a laugh putting that up there, it will be ripped apart on Sunday " well done whomever destroyed it.

StevieC
09-08-2012, 07:22 PM
They would know from the schedule exactly where the poster was placed and the likely impact. It, Sky and the media buyers deserve all the contempt they will get for that "stunt".

At the moment they'll be enjoying all the free advertising and media attention they are getting. "Job done" as far as their advertising department is concerned.

If we hadn't bottled it in May then maybe the yams would be kicking off about posters at the moment, but we did so they're the ones with the bragging rights. As mentioned above, best way to get our own back is a win on Sunday. I'm pretty sure there'll be a line of Hibbys wanting a "GIRFUY" photo taken at said poster if we can do that.

speedy_gonzales
09-08-2012, 07:54 PM
If a simple mistake, then totally agree, nothing to get hot an bothered about. However, I've been involved in buying 48 sheet media before and the media buyer/client would ALWAYS review hot spots like that. They would know from the schedule exactly where the poster was placed and the likely impact. It, Sky and the media buyers deserve all the contempt they will get for that "stunt".
I wouldn't think the advertiser/vendor would put that much thought into it,,,was there not a case a few years back where Sky advertised the new series of "24" with the tag line "Jack's back", one of those adverts was place yards from the spot where a young lad called Jack was killed in a hit and run on a pedestrian crossing at Carrick Knowe. Those types with loads of time on their hands to be perpetually enraged by such acts raised the issue with Sky and it was removed more or less immediately with an explanation that it was a national campaign, no malice or hurt was intended.

hibee
09-08-2012, 09:10 PM

Story here:

http://m.local.stv.tv/edinburgh/news/115624-ad-of-rudi-skacel-celebrating-cup-final-goal-goes-up-outside-easter-road/

Lmc2105
09-08-2012, 09:16 PM
My dad just text me after he left my house and said that someone had been painting it white! Whole tin of white paint has been put on it ... Al check in the morning when a walk past!

lugz
09-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Just went past and yes there is white paint thrown over it, unfortunately they couldn't throw high enough so can still see his ugly puss and the hearts top.

YehButNoBut
09-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Sorted now

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s480x480/551941_3087196517790_904342170_n.jpg

proud_and_green
09-08-2012, 10:33 PM
Just on the bus home after a brilliant night seeing Toots (HIBBert) and the Maytals, going down Leith Walk and the advertising hoarding across from the Leith Army and Navy Stores has a huge poster of Skacel scoring in the cup final........wtf?

Sir David Gray
09-08-2012, 11:10 PM
If you think it's bad having it there, just wait until you turn up at Easter Road on Sunday!

:wink:

bob12345
10-08-2012, 12:04 AM
Also one beside Parkhead. You'd think they'd have a wee bit of sense if splashing the cash.

Ultrabee1-0
10-08-2012, 12:17 AM
I go past one everyone every ****ing day to football training and its brutal! Frefuge on the boad in a **** top!

Ultrabee1-0
10-08-2012, 12:20 AM
Don't worry about it me and some mates have a plan saturday involving spray paint, keep yours open sunday morning

GGTTH

Sean1875
10-08-2012, 12:30 AM
Don't worry about it me and some mates have a plan saturday involving spray paint, keep yours open sunday morning

GGTTH

do us proud :aok:

Ultrabee1-0
10-08-2012, 12:51 AM
Will do! Need a few creative ideas tho any help??

givescotlandfreedom
10-08-2012, 01:25 AM

Don't call him a refugee (re you misspelled post in the other thread).

Ultrabee1-0
10-08-2012, 01:28 AM
Understood boss.

givescotlandfreedom
10-08-2012, 01:29 AM
Understood boss.

:aok:

TamHibs
10-08-2012, 05:45 AM
Don't call him a refugee (re you misspelled post in the other thread).

No don't, just call him what he is, a ****

matty_f
10-08-2012, 05:48 AM

It's got to be a prime candidate for a graffiti knob on his spam.

Onion
10-08-2012, 06:37 AM
I wouldn't think the advertiser/vendor would put that much thought into it,,,was there not a case a few years back where Sky advertised the new series of "24" with the tag line "Jack's back", one of those adverts was place yards from the spot where a young lad called Jack was killed in a hit and run on a pedestrian crossing at Carrick Knowe. Those types with loads of time on their hands to be perpetually enraged by such acts raised the issue with Sky and it was removed more or less immediately with an explanation that it was a national campaign, no malice or hurt was intended.

They do, and they would. This is the image of a Hearts player scoring a goal against Hibs in the biggest Edinburgh derby match ever. You really don't think they were aware of where this poster was being positioned within Edinburgh :rolleyes:

#FromTheCapital
10-08-2012, 07:22 AM
It's got to be a prime candidate for a graffiti knob on his spam.

This. A giant cock from his forehead being held by his hand.

Chuck Rhoades
10-08-2012, 08:39 AM
How about Hearts ******* right across it. We're at ER tomorrow setting up Sunday, so if it goes back up, again, it will be coming down, again.

Leith Green
10-08-2012, 08:43 AM
Hahahaha just been past Easter Road, somebody has done Rudi with a tin of Brilliant white.

Leith Green
10-08-2012, 08:45 AM
How about Hearts ******* right across it. We're at ER tomorrow setting up Sunday, so if it goes back up, again, it will be coming down, again.

Its not down, it never has been down either.
Looks like folk have tried to tear it down, then somebody has emptied a tin of paint over it!

Scouse Hibee
10-08-2012, 08:47 AM
How about just leaving it alone until our players get us a result against them which enables us to print our own one and put it on the end of the famous five right opposite it.

Leith Green
10-08-2012, 08:54 AM
How about just leaving it alone until our players get us a result against them which enables us to print our own one and put it on the end of the famous five right opposite it.

Are you sure. At the current rate the thing would be there constantly. !

Scouse Hibee
10-08-2012, 09:02 AM
Are you sure. At the current rate the thing would be there constantly. !

I'm an optimist :greengrin

Leith Green
10-08-2012, 09:05 AM
I'm an optimist :greengrin

I'm a realist!

Scouse Hibee
10-08-2012, 09:13 AM
I'm a realist!

I don't like vandalism!

Thecat23
10-08-2012, 09:27 AM
I'd make sure every single one of those players see's that and I hope the ones that are still there that played that day still hurt as much as we do.

The ones who have just arrived should want to go out and actually win a derby and not fall into the same bracket as the bunch of losers/no hoppers that have pulled on the famous Green and White past 3 years. Sick to the back teeth of getting run over in these games so for once Hibs eh, do us all a ****ing favour and at least try. If not then **** off before the window closes.

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2012, 09:31 AM
I'd make sure every single one of those players see's that and I hope the ones that are still there that played that day still hurt as much as we do.

The ones who have just arrived should want to go out and actually win a derby and not fall into the same bracket as the bunch of losers/no hoppers that have pulled on the famous Green and White past 3 years. Sick to the back teeth of getting run over in these games so for once Hibs eh, do us all a ****ing favour and at least try. If not then **** off before the window closes.

You would hope thats the case, although i wont be holding my breath? With the team we have now, i dont expect to win many games, let alone a game where we will need to dig deep and show real character?

Hibs90
10-08-2012, 09:50 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/625559_10151163752383086_1238214972_n.jpg

Thecat23
10-08-2012, 09:56 AM
You would hope thats the case, although i wont be holding my breath? With the team we have now, i dont expect to win many games, let alone a game where we will need to dig deep and show real character?

Sadly BH i fully agree with you there. We have no soul in that team and it's been that way far to long. In fact there is no soul at the club never mind the team and it's now rubbing off on fed up fans.

RIP
10-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Some think we should have a campaign against Sky and TV companies

Management have been vocal against the scheduling of kick-off times for TV

Oh and one about how referees always pick on us (Hibs wrote to the SFA about CT apparently)

Hibs recently reported the Evening News for the Kris Brown trial being reported as 'Former Hibs Player'. The STV or BBC News did the same last night

The police are no better - they are either shopping our manager to the ref or arresting our players

Don't get me started on the cooncil!!!:grr:

Then there's Rangers signing better players than us

It's either a giant conspiracy or yet another sign that everyone at the club loses focus too easily.

Maybe we should just keep it simple, put the heids doon, ***** up and ignore all these bloody distractions

Or maybe all these bloody distractions are a welcome diversion from the performances we are being subjected to?

LioNeilMessi
10-08-2012, 10:46 AM
I saw one driving by Murrayfield and thought it was odd but assumed they wouldn't have the exact same poster in Leith :confused: Drive the team past every single poster in Edinburgh on Sunday before the game to show them the damage that needs repaired starting with a win :cb

wearethehibs
10-08-2012, 10:53 AM
If only we already had a thread thats discussed this to death already.

Hermit Crab
10-08-2012, 11:12 AM
FFS get a grip folks :rolleyes:

Makaveli
10-08-2012, 11:28 AM
It's gone.

There was a reporter there when I was waiting for the shop to open. I was getting a photo of it, all ripped and paint-splattered, and she asked if I thought it was poorly placed. I said "ask the paint."

When I was in the shop two guys in a van came and took it down.

Childish, maybe, but it pleases me that people didn't let something like that slide. Small pictures of Torres, Ronaldo etc then a huge Skacel in the middle... across the road from ER? Lesson learned!

TheMentalHibees
10-08-2012, 04:11 PM
It's just a poster for gods sake.

NAE NOOKIE
10-08-2012, 07:26 PM
It's just a poster for gods sake.

Its not what it is ... Its where it is ?

hibs0666
10-08-2012, 07:36 PM
not any more.

hibs0666
10-08-2012, 07:46 PM
not any more.

givescotlandfreedom
11-08-2012, 12:41 AM
I took a walk by tonight. Much easier on the eye! 8510

one day maybe...
11-08-2012, 01:17 AM
Sky Sports 1 are showing highlights of that cup final this Sunday at 1pm. Whats that about? Time for me to cancel the subscription to sports me thinks..

Gatecrasher
11-08-2012, 08:12 AM
I took a walk by tonight. Much easier on the eye! 8510
:top marks

Sky Sports 1 are showing highlights of that cup final this Sunday at 1pm. Whats that about? Time for me to cancel the subscription to sports me thinks..
:agree: anything they show you can get free on the net anyway.

YehButNoBut
11-08-2012, 09:24 AM
Taken from the Bounce, anyone seen this. :jamboak::yw:

Has anyone been past the stadium this morrning??? Those **** ******s have spray painted the gates with gorgie rules and the bill board across from the famous 5 stand, the one with the wee ******in reffugee in it wi "5-1 rudi"

Those ******in smelly gorgie ******s! Hope the club has the forsight to paint over it before tomorrows game

Ross4356
11-08-2012, 09:28 AM
Gorgie Rules? Must have been 12yr olds

Broken Gnome
11-08-2012, 09:51 AM
It's gone.

There was a reporter there when I was waiting for the shop to open. I was getting a photo of it, all ripped and paint-splattered, and she asked if I thought it was poorly placed. I said "ask the paint."

When I was in the shop two guys in a van came and took it down.

Childish, maybe, but it pleases me that people didn't let something like that slide. Small pictures of Torres, Ronaldo etc then a huge Skacel in the middle... across the road from ER? Lesson learned!

Agreed. Supporters groups have been calling for more Hibs branding outside Easter Road; instead we get a giant poster of the main perpetrator of the worst result in our history celebrating. Nah.

sbell1875
11-08-2012, 10:09 AM
I live in Armadale way outside Edinburgh but a Hibee supporting mate has put on Facebook that parts of Easter Road have been damaged? Specifically the gates leading to the stadium. Does anyone have any information about this?

His post suggests it was Yam fans but I don't have a whole lot of information about it.

Saorsa
11-08-2012, 10:12 AM
We could go up and vandalise the piggery but it already looks like somebody has done it.

GreenCastle
11-08-2012, 10:12 AM
https://twitter.com/NYcheesy/status/234202259095961600/photo/1

Looks like they wondered out their caves last night :rolleyes:

hibiedude
11-08-2012, 10:16 AM
It seems it was done last night....just seen it on Facebook.

A wee lick of paint will fix it.

hibiedude
11-08-2012, 10:18 AM
It's just a poster for gods sake..

Thats not the picture Mate

TamHibs
11-08-2012, 10:25 AM

Dirty trampy smelly *******s!

MSK
11-08-2012, 10:28 AM

Dirty trampy smelly *******s!Couldnt have been a gorgay tramp who wrote that ..the spelling is correct ..

sbell1875
11-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Hearts fans acting in a criminal manner?

Hardly headline news is it?

If I was PF I'd march Sunday's squad to both incidents and tell them this is what you have caused. Do you feel humiliated because you can bet your arse the fans do.

If that doesn't get a rise out of them then I don't know what will.

MrSmith
11-08-2012, 10:33 AM
Hope PF makes the players stand and look at this for a while! Maybe then will they feel some of our pain! However, it is only a poster and the graffiti shows how brainless that bunch are!

paul_hfc3
11-08-2012, 10:37 AM

Dirty trampy smelly *******s!

Haha this is truly pathetic! (the photo not the post). Let them be infants and vandalize, all the more poison added to their Club.

All the more reason to beat them on Sunday and ruin their parade. :flag:

hailhail22
11-08-2012, 10:40 AM

It's surprising how immature some of them are, a lad at my bit has got gorgie rules apply tattooed on the bottom half of his arm and recently got rudi tattooed on the top of his back in huge writing absolute bell end

Gatecrasher
11-08-2012, 10:55 AM
well theirs CCTV all round that bit so theirs a good chance the fud will get caught. I hope Hibs get this repainted today.

Northernhibee
11-08-2012, 10:55 AM
They can do silly stuff like that all they want, I'm sure we'll be able to get a painter and decorator in to paint this place green and white all over. :wink:

It just makes me think of 7-0, 6-2, the famous five, Sauzee, Deeko, Latapy, the class of '07 bringing home silverwear, of days gone by at Easter Road against the biggest clubs in Europe and Hibs holding their own. It makes me think of Turnbull's Tornadoes and every man, woman and child to wear the green and white of Hibernian over our long, proud history.

In fifty years time, they'll be remembered as a joke of a team who got themselves into tens of millions of debt and ****ed themselves over to win a cup with a biased ref.

Let them gloat, history will always remember the Hibees.

GGTTH

wearethehibs
11-08-2012, 11:05 AM
Who puts a hashtag on their graffiti? Haha what a bunch of twats

Frazerbob
11-08-2012, 11:06 AM
well theirs CCTV all round that bit so theirs a good chance the fud will get caught. I hope Hibs get this repainted today.

As long as he's wearing a big name badge with his contact details or the person viewing the footage knows him. Other wise......nae chance!

The_Todd
11-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Typical classless Jamboid behaviour.

Gatecrasher
11-08-2012, 11:40 AM
As long as he's wearing a big name badge with his contact details or the person viewing the footage knows him. Other wise......nae chance!
Because all criminals caught by CCTV wear a name badge?

Frazerbob
11-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Because all criminals caught by CCTV wear a name badge?

Eh, no. But most are either known to police or arrested without the use of CCTV then prosecuted using said footage. CCTV is used more as a deterrent and then as evidence rather than catching random petty criminals.

givescotlandfreedom
11-08-2012, 12:09 PM

History suggests the jambos are well into their 12 year olds.

R'Albin
11-08-2012, 12:16 PM
Who puts a hashtag on their graffiti?

My first thoughts as well :greengrin

18Craig75
11-08-2012, 01:00 PM
Make the squad paint over it today, might motivate them to at least turn up against these tramps!!

Chuck Rhoades
11-08-2012, 01:07 PM
All sorted out now. It's all gone.

down-the-slope
11-08-2012, 01:25 PM

Sect43 doing painting now to add to their comittment to our club :not worth

matty_f
11-08-2012, 01:54 PM
Sect43 doing painting now to add to their comittment to our club :not worth

:hibees

We really do need the players to stand up for themselves and the club tomorrow. Can't have those tramps coming and taking liberties like that.

Kaff
11-08-2012, 02:35 PM

We really do need the players to stand up for themselves and the club tomorrow. Can't have those tramps coming and taking liberties like that.

This could work in our favour, classless behaviour always bites you on the a**e.
C'Mon Hibs react to this!!

matty_f
11-08-2012, 02:40 PM
This could work in our favour, classless behaviour always bites you on the a**e.
C'Mon Hibs react to this!!
There were days gone by were those smelly ***** wouldn't have dared to do something like that. Time to put some things to right IMHO.

hibees 7062
11-08-2012, 02:48 PM
We could go up and vandalise the piggery but it already looks like somebody has done it.

10 mins wi a sledge hammer would make serious improvements up there :jamboak:

Cabbage East
11-08-2012, 02:52 PM
There were days gone by were those smelly ***** wouldn't have dared to do something like that. Time to put some things to right IMHO.

This is what ****s me off the most. They used to be scared to come to Easter road on derby day even with hundreds of polis about. Now they come down and paint stuff on the ground? Tomorrows going to be a nasty one.

Saorsa
11-08-2012, 02:52 PM
I see there's ****s looking at this thread. **** off ya ****my ****in' windae lickin' h****s *******s http://cur.cursors-4u.net/smilies/images1/smi37.gif

matty_f
11-08-2012, 02:58 PM
I see there's ****s looking at this thread. **** off ya ****my ****in' windae lickin' h****s *******s http://cur.cursors-4u.net/smilies/images1/smi37.gif
:top marks

R'Albin
11-08-2012, 03:11 PM

Sean1875
11-08-2012, 03:16 PM
If i wasnt pumped up for tomorrow already, now im ****ing bouncing. hate those ***** and I truly hope we hammer them into the ground.

hibees 7062
11-08-2012, 04:03 PM

:agree::agree::agree:

JohnScott
13-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Love the new ad from sky. Good way to say sorry to the Hibees fans and much appreciated.:aok:

R'Albin
13-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Care to expand for those of us in Sheepland ?:greengrin

JohnScott
13-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Care to expand for those of us in Sheepland ?:greengrin

They've included us in their tv ad alongside the Premierships finest.

BoltonHibee
13-08-2012, 09:40 PM

In two separate parts too

R'Albin
13-08-2012, 10:17 PM

Well played SKY :agree:

Northernhibee
13-08-2012, 10:20 PM
Should never have put that advert anywhere near our side of the city in the first place.

Hibee Ryan
13-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Anyone got a link to it of some kind, can't really be bothered watching sky for ages just to try and find it:greengrin

WarringtonHibee
13-08-2012, 11:02 PM
http://tvnewsroom.co.uk/sky-sports/every-goal-matters-47975/

Is this it??

Hibee Ryan
13-08-2012, 11:11 PM
http://tvnewsroom.co.uk/sky-sports/every-goal-matters-47975/

Is this it??

Cheers bud! I love how if you pause it at the Hibs fan bit they're all wearing strips from a few seasons back. Made me laugh anyway:greengrin

TrickyNicky
13-08-2012, 11:46 PM
That is brilliant!:top marks

Kaiser_Sauzee
14-08-2012, 10:03 AM
Clips from the Scottish Cup final in there though.

Hibbyradge
14-08-2012, 10:10 AM
Whoosh.

What's so good about that?

Cabbage East
14-08-2012, 10:18 AM
Ditto, what am i missing that's so great about it?

Tricla
14-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Love the new ad from sky. Good way to say sorry to the Hibees fans and much appreciated.:aok:

The Yaks are in there as much as us though!?

MSK
14-08-2012, 10:23 AM
The Yaks are in there as much as us though!?And was probably filmed long before the bill boards were put up ..:agree:

TrickyNicky
14-08-2012, 10:27 AM
Whoosh.

What's so good about that?

It's nicely shot,it's nicely edited, the narrative is simple and unites all fans with the joy and pain of the game we love, it has a great song and it tugs on the heart strings for people who have kids, for those who want to be football players and for those that enjoy a nice little ad about the fans.

Maybe for those that have experienced all there is to know about football, life, unity and the moving picture.... then I suppose it's a bit " whooooosh " and can be put in the dusty old box next to their palme d'or!!:wink:

Niffy
14-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Is that the Tash down the front ???

Hibbyradge
14-08-2012, 10:41 AM
It's nicely shot,it's nicely edited, the narrative is simple and unites all fans with the joy and pain of the game we love, it has a great song and it tugs on the heart strings for people who have kids, for those who want to be football players and for those that enjoy a nice little ad about the fans.

Maybe for those that have experienced all there is to know about football, life, unity and the moving picture.... then I suppose it's a bit " whooooosh " and can be put in the dusty old box next to their palme d'or!!:wink:

Aye, fair enough.

However, given that folk were saying "Well played, Sky", that it was an apology to Hibs fans and you saying that it was "Brilliant", I expected something a bit special.

It's a decent enough piece of marketing, but that's all.

Plus there are far too many Yams in it.

Broken Gnome
14-08-2012, 10:45 AM
It's hardly making it up to us, nor would that have ever been the intention, and there's more shots of them than us :greengrin

There's also far more Hibs fans looking absolutely torn-faced and standing dead still as opposed to celebrating than in any other clip....

Hibercelona
14-08-2012, 11:11 AM
"We're going to lose some customers, we better squeeze a clip of Hibs in there somewhere".

There's no "nice touch" about it.

bawheid
14-08-2012, 11:12 AM
Anyone who subscribes to Sky is part of the problem.

Heisenberg
14-08-2012, 11:16 AM
Not all that special of them to include hibs really, certainly not a part of them making up for their gaff with the skacel billboards at ER.

Wotherspiniesta
14-08-2012, 11:21 AM

What a load of bollocks.

My Nan has sky so she can watch Sky Movies Classics.

Should I tell her she's harming scottish football?

HibbyAndy
14-08-2012, 11:21 AM
Big wows.

RyeSloan
14-08-2012, 11:24 AM

Care to explain why?

matty_f
14-08-2012, 11:25 AM
What a load of bollocks.

It would be worth it for the banter trying to explain, so go for it I say.

TrickyNicky
14-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Care to explain why?

Nut!

Jist is!:wink:

MB62
14-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Aye, fair enough.

However, given that folk were saying "Well played, Sky", that it was an apology to Hibs fans and you saying that it was "Brilliant", I expected something a bit special.

It's a decent enough piece of marketing, but that's all.

Plus there are far too many Yams in it.

:agree:

Tricla
14-08-2012, 11:28 AM

Last time I checked, having the telly in the hoose wasn't harming anyone. :greengrin

bawheid
14-08-2012, 11:39 AM
What a load of bollocks.

Absolutely you should. Your Nan is funding the organisation that allows morons like Garry O'Connor to take home £3k per week and pump the lot up his nose. Your Nan was probably a young woman the last time a derby kicked off at 3pm on a Saturday.

If you don't have a word, I will.

Care to explain why?

Yes. Sky has inflated football's bubble to the point that many clubs are at breaking point. The Edinburgh derby and other fixtures are shown at lunchtime on a Sunday so that armchair viewers down south have a warm up for their afternoon EPL. Real, actual Scottish football supporters are messed around constantly, and all we have to show for it are lighter wallets as our clubs try desperately to keep up with League 2 clubs coining it in from an insane TV deal.

Last time I checked, having the telly in the hoose wasn't harming anyone. :greengrin

Turn it off man. It'll melt your brain.

zlatan
14-08-2012, 07:54 PM
http://asset.soup.io/asset/0589/0635_f205.gif

Jonnyboy
14-08-2012, 07:57 PM
http://asset.soup.io/asset/0589/0635_f205.gif

:faf:

proud_and_green
14-08-2012, 08:16 PM

I take it you don't watch the games in the pub then?

Although i do have some sympathy for your point, ie too much money, TV taking over the game etc....

Dr Jimmy
14-08-2012, 09:53 PM

"television, the drug of a nation. Breeding ignorance and feeding radiation" .