PDA

View Full Version : Joe Cardle NOT training at EM

McPake6
08-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Training with hibs apparently, my mate told me he saw him at the open training session...

Onceinawhile
08-08-2012, 12:47 PM
not done much since x-factor.

Future17
08-08-2012, 12:48 PM

BOOM! :greengrin

iwasthere1972
08-08-2012, 12:50 PM

Apart from Cheryl Cole.

matty_f
08-08-2012, 12:50 PM
My mate's a Pars fan and he loves Cardle.

hulk
08-08-2012, 12:51 PM
10 goals last year and from what I recall played well against us at east end

ahibby
08-08-2012, 12:52 PM
I am not very inspired, if true. He seems to be first division standard at best and not what I think we need or thought we'd be aiming for.

ahibby
08-08-2012, 12:53 PM

Who didn't play well against us; Aberdeen's a given.

Daz1875
08-08-2012, 12:53 PM
If this is true he would be a good signing for us !! he is a decent winger and would give us options going forward that we dont have

can anyone that is at the open training session confirm that he is there and any other new faces?

:flag:

Mark79
08-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Ive always thought he wouldnt be a bad signing for us. Better winger than ivan is any day.

Aldo
08-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Ive always thought he wouldnt be a bad signing for us. Better winger than ivan is any day.

That wouldn't be difficult tbh. Ivan a waste of a jersey and a wage

ahibby
08-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Daz and Sauzee, I'll take your word for it and if he signs hope he is as good as you believe him to be. Strange that I trust the opinion of you two more than I trust Hibs at this point in time.

hulk
08-08-2012, 01:08 PM

Craig_in_Prague
08-08-2012, 01:08 PM

Sadly, I agree 100%.
It's cringeworthy watching him. We must replace him if we want to move forward in anyway.

don't want this to turn into a bashing hibs / player thread, but I'm afraid Stephens/Stevenson/Sproule and to a lesser extent Wotherspoon, are all players we need to replace.

blackpoolhibs
08-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Met his dad last season, his family live in Blackpool now. He's better than the headless chicken, if he's costing nowt then its a certainty he will sign.

Stevie Reid
08-08-2012, 01:10 PM
Has pace and trickery. We could do (and have done) a lot worse.

lucky
08-08-2012, 01:12 PM
He would be a decent signing and would help take us forward. But one question, why do we wingers when we have no one to cross it too?

HibsMax
08-08-2012, 01:13 PM
I am not very inspired, if true. He seems to be first division standard at best and not what I think we need or thought we'd be aiming for.

Don't know anything about the player but as long as he's better than what we have, it's an improvement and that's good enough for me (for now).

matty_f
08-08-2012, 01:13 PM
He would be a decent signing and would help take us forward. But one question, why do we wingers when we have no one to cross it too?

Maybe we're getting someone to cross it to as well...

PeterboroHibee
08-08-2012, 01:14 PM

Who should we be looking at then?

Id be very happy with this if we are indeed looking at him. Hes a good, versatile winger, who scored a decent number of goals last season (despite being in a team worse than us!) and he knows the Scottish game.

Pretty Boy
08-08-2012, 01:14 PM
25, averages about a goal every 5 games from midfield. Quite pacy if my memory is right.

I'd take him.

blackpoolhibs
08-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Just spoke to his dad, and he knows nothing about this? Was the OP sure it was Cardle, his dad says he has spoken to Aberdeen, but would love to come to easter road?

hibbymark
08-08-2012, 01:16 PM
I'm at the open training session and Jo Cardle ain't training here.

goosefat
08-08-2012, 01:17 PM

True, but irrelevant.

As with all current Hibs players, a few hours in that green jersey and any modicum of skill and ability will be drained away...and then he'll get his one year contract.

:coffee:

ahibby
08-08-2012, 01:25 PM
Who should we be looking at then?

Id be very happy with this if we are indeed looking at him. Hes a good, versatile winger, who scored a decent number of goals last season (despite being in a team worse than us!) and he knows the Scottish game.

Not first division level players anyway, we have enough of them already. If you take on first division players you end up with a first division team. I said since the post you quote that I'll take posters word for it that he will do us, but I still have reservations. I think the players we have will cope against the bottom clubs, I have said that all along, but what I'd like to see are players that will help us compete against Hearts and Dundee Utd, and possibly beat them. If everyone thinks that J Cardle fits that bill then fairynuff.

ahibby
08-08-2012, 01:27 PM

Don't know whether to be happy or sad about that, now.

Hermit Crab
08-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Training with hibs apparently, my mate told me he saw him at the open training session...

Think you're mate is winding you up.

calumb
08-08-2012, 01:31 PM

is anyone doing any training or is it just chaos seperated by bouts of standing around?

Hermit Crab
08-08-2012, 01:33 PM

Is there any new faces there?? :greengrin

Hermit Crab
08-08-2012, 01:34 PM
Just spoke to his dad, and he knows nothing about this? Was the OP sure it was Cardle, his dad says he has spoken to Aberdeen, but would love to come to easter road?

Don't think Jo does either :greengrin

hibbymark
08-08-2012, 01:36 PM
Is there any new faces there?? :greengrin

Deegan who's built like a brick outhouse Maybury still here and that's it apart from the usual imposters sorry suspects!

Aldo
08-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Sadly, I agree 100%.
It's cringeworthy watching him. We must replace him if we want to move forward in anyway.

don't want this to turn into a bashing hibs / player thread, but I'm afraid Stephens/Stevenson/Sproule and to a lesser extent Wotherspoon, are all players we need to replace.

Craig its true tho mate. Yeah Sproule has a bit of pace but for me a winger is much more than just pace... Quality of ball and the service they provide others for me is as important as pace. You don't need to beat a man to play in a good ball..

Hermit Crab
08-08-2012, 01:38 PM
Deegan who's built like a brick outhouse Maybury still here and that's it apart from the usual imposters sorry suspects!

That's quite all right you were correct the first time :greengrin Cheers for that. :aok:

Daz1875
08-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Same old story of people talking Bull s*** and getting our hopes up about players we really are a laughing stock , my mate Bull s***

I am sick of it all, if your mate is there gonna give him a slap from all of us

PeterboroHibee
08-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Not first division level players anyway, we have enough of them already. If you take on first division players you end up with a first division team. I said since the post you quote that I'll take posters word for it that he will do us, but I still have reservations. I think the players we have will cope against the bottom clubs, I have said that all along, but what I'd like to see are players that will help us compete against Hearts and Dundee Utd, and possibly beat them. If everyone thinks that J Cardle fits that bill then fairynuff.

If by 'First division players', you somehow mean bad players, then I agree with you regarding our team. But I think demeaning someone by the division they play in is nonsense. We would be a lot better imo picking up good, hungry players from the lower leagues in Scotland than the absolute garbage weve signed from reserve teams down South or abroad.

You mention Dundee United for example. Well, of those that played at the weekend, their motm (Mackay Stevens) came from the Second Division, whilst their third goal scorer (Gardyne) came from the first division. They also picked up their LB (Douglas) from I think the third division, whilst they signed another midfielder who didnt get on (Millar) from Falkirk. Dundee United have been hugely successful based on these sort of signings, I dont know why it shouldnt be good enough for us.

Leishy1995
08-08-2012, 01:47 PM
Been saying he'd be worth it for awhile. I hope it's true.

Hermit Crab
08-08-2012, 01:50 PM
Been saying he'd be worth it for awhile. I hope it's true.

Did you read the rest of the thread before posting? He's not at the training session. Someone's been wound up and posted it on here and started a panic ;)

brog
08-08-2012, 01:55 PM

That's a hackneyed quote which originated when we were last relegated & had signed Tosh & Power from Div 1. Those who said this conveniently ignored the fact that Yams had also signed several Div 1 players at same time, Davie Weir & Neil McCann for 2! As another poster has pointed out Dun Utd have built several teams round Div 1 ( or lower ) players. Swanson, Gomis, Dixon, Conway are outstanding examples. Its not where they come from, its what they can do & I have no doubt Joe Cardle would improve our team.
PS, if Maybury's still there that solves our back 4, him to RB, Clancy to CH & Stephens to the bin.

Leishy1995
08-08-2012, 01:56 PM
Did you read the rest of the thread before posting? He's not at the training session. Someone's been wound up and posted it on here and started a panic ;)

I still hope it comes true. I did read the thread I just wanted to add a personal opinion.

Franck Stanton
08-08-2012, 02:00 PM
Wish these people that post this nonsence would think before doing so - gets my hopes up and then come crashing down. I am depressed enough about the state we are in and when I read about us signing/rumoured to be signing someone -[ anyone] - I perk up a bit and then when find it isn't true, decend even deeper into my depression. Aaaaagggghhhhhhh where are those sharp thingys when you need them. [ Wife has hidden them - bitch]

Just Alf
08-08-2012, 02:01 PM

Ah.... so this thread needs merged with the "Rumours" one then! :greengrin

Hermit Crab
08-08-2012, 02:01 PM
I still hope it comes true. I did read the thread I just wanted to add a personal opinion.

Fair enough :aok:

Billy Whizz
08-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Anyone see McFadden at the open day, or is that bull as well

Pretty Boy
08-08-2012, 02:34 PM
Anyone see McFadden at the open day, or is that bull as well

He skinned Cardle, played a one two with Reyes, played in Cryuff who forced Buffon into a decent save before Skacel slotted home the rebound.

PatHead
08-08-2012, 02:38 PM
He skinned Cardle, played a one two with Reyes, played in Cryuff who forced Buffon into a decent save before Skacel slotted home the rebound.

Which Cryuff? Hope its the old one as we tried the young Dalglish and that didn't work.

Judas Iscariot
08-08-2012, 02:46 PM

Have you posted anything other than slating IS on here since Sunday?

edinburghhibee
08-08-2012, 02:49 PM
I would be happy with this as a signing. He is a good solid player and performed well for a worse team than us last year. Not a first division player as he has played spl and done well. Great cross on him and could do a very good job for us.

Get him signed up sharpish for sunday

Stevie Reid
08-08-2012, 03:01 PM

Big Showunmi injured then, aye?