PDA

View Full Version : Positive Ideas !!

WHUHibs
08-08-2012, 10:44 AM
Withe the season tickets now been purchased and we all know the state of the scottish game what can we do to help our club?

With all the usual suggestions about getting a better team on the park people will pay, change the board, new owners etc we still have to remain positive.

Change can be brought about the club through fan pressure and that is a different avenue we can explore. However, for the meantime I believe we all need to still contribute ideas that the club can explore.

Some ideas:

Sponsor the name of the stadium
Hibernain in the community providing weekly sessions on training for all age groups across the lothians(two fold, raising youth income and helping with our image)
Lotto
Membership cards for discounts for Hibs shop, priority tickets for non season members prior to general sale, additional benefits such as Hotel discounts, Travel discounts etc?
Creating a better restaurant and use of stadium facilities

Quick wins in rasiing money?

Golden Bear
08-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Withe the season tickets now been purchased and we all know the state of the scottish game what can we do to help our club?

With all the usual suggestions about getting a better team on the park people will pay, change the board, new owners etc we still have to remain positive.

Change can be brought about the club through fan pressure and that is a different avenue we can explore. However, for the meantime I believe we all need to still contribute ideas that the club can explore.

Some ideas:

Hibernain in the community providing weekly sessions on training for all age groups across the lothians(two fold, raising youth income and helping with our image)
Lotto
Membership cards for discounts for Hibs shop, priority tickets for non season members prior to general sale, additional benefits such as Hotel discounts, Travel discounts etc?

Maybe they could try a novel idea like deriving income from a supporters car park?

:wink:

WHUHibs
08-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Maybe they could try a novel idea like deriving income from a supporters car park?

Actually thats a good idea..at the former Rangers we had to pay £7-10

I am sure there is an area for parking or executive parking! Money can be collected by youth players,,,with a ticket system..perhaps adding a prize draw to iot as well..hmm food for thought, thanks

RyeSloan
08-08-2012, 12:03 PM

Or the even more novel idea of winning some games of football?

sahib
08-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Or the even more novel idea of winning some games of football?

It is people like you, with unreasonable expectations, that are holding this club back.:wink:

RyeSloan
08-08-2012, 07:41 PM
It is people like you, with unreasonable expectations, that are holding this club back.:wink:

:greengrin :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
08-08-2012, 08:34 PM

Even when you are down and are fed up with all things Hibs, someone comes up and brings a smile back you your face. :thumbsup:

Northernhibee
08-08-2012, 10:12 PM
I'd like to see Hibs run free or heavily subsidised 'street football' sessions in the Leith area. Get the local kids involved, teach them how to beat a man, show a bit of flair, create chances in a confined space - teach that there's nothing glamourous about hoofball.

Get the kids involved, sign up the ones with promise and convert more to being Hibbys.

hibee92
08-08-2012, 10:29 PM

:faf:

WHUHibs
09-08-2012, 04:43 AM
I'd like to see Hibs run free or heavily subsidised 'street football' sessions in the Leith area. Get the local kids involved, teach them how to beat a man, show a bit of flair, create chances in a confined space - teach that there's nothing glamourous about hoofball.

Get the kids involved, sign up the ones with promise and convert more to being Hibbys.

What a brilliant idea,,,,,,,,,

down-the-slope
09-08-2012, 07:57 AM

Whats needed for that to work is role models - look at the Olympics...

Saw great email to beeb where a father recounted how his daughter who had struggled to ride had been watching Sir Chris....she got back on her bike and worked at it until the stabalisers were off...and now is working on her 'racing starts'...she even insisted on medal ceremony on top of kitchen stools :greengrin

Whats missing is the role models that kids can relate to...was pleased to see so many kids at yesterdays open training getting autographs / pictures with players..its a start on that road to give kids something within out club to aspire to....

Coaching as the club already do with youngsters could be expanded or more youth coaches invited to EM to see how things are done there and swap ideas

Seveno
09-08-2012, 01:54 PM
Put an envelope on every seat and ask for at least £1 to be inserted towards Kicks for Kids. Collect them I at half time. A bit like a Church collection.

Northernhibee
09-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Whats needed for that to work is role models - look at the Olympics...

Saw great email to beeb where a father recounted how his daughter who had struggled to ride had been watching Sir Chris....she got back on her bike and worked at it until the stabalisers were off...and now is working on her 'racing starts'...she even insisted on medal ceremony on top of kitchen stools :greengrin

Whats missing is the role models that kids can relate to...was pleased to see so many kids at yesterdays open training getting autographs / pictures with players..its a start on that road to give kids something within out club to aspire to....

Coaching as the club already do with youngsters could be expanded or more youth coaches invited to EM to see how things are done there and swap ideas

They should do a 'train with the stars' session where they can get the chance to meet a first teamer like Ivan or Lewis who are good role models, be set fun challenges, maybe even the top ten win a games of fives at HT at ER.

Something to get new Hibbies interested in the club, scout the best and engage with the community.

Hibby Mike
09-08-2012, 03:25 PM
Possibly in future seasons:

'An Optional payment on top of each season ticket purchase'.

Hibs could ask each season ticket holder to pay an 'optional' sum on top of their season ticket amount, which would go directly to the signing of one particular player that the manager wants, and solely on this, not on this month's leccy bill, or Tam Mc Court's salary or even towards the purchase of new PS2's for the youthful lot amongst the team at East Mains.

Lets say £25 is the sum, (note the key word 'optional' here). If 8000 supporters could somehow be convinced to part this amount (I realise it's alot on top of the season ticket cost, especially in these times..) that would a mass a total sum of £200,000. That amount (if raised) could pay a one year contract of £3,846pw for an out of contract player - i.e like Dean Shiels this summer. The players contract could state that there is a potential of a further 2 years should they prove to be a good assest to the team.

I'd pay it if I knew for sure that it was spent solely on this purpose. The club could call it 'The fans signing', or something gung-ho along those lines...They could advertise the sum collected to date on the club's website, and update this as and when season tickets are purchased. There could be a cut of date attached to the total amount which stipulates that it is to be used say two to one week before the transfer window closes.

All the best in the new season to all my fellow Hibbies....Oh and chin up lads, I wake up every day happy in the knowledge I'm not a Jambo.

GGTTH.

hibees 7062
09-08-2012, 05:11 PM

Some ideas:

Lotto

10.000 fans x £5 per month minimum= £600.000 + per year to the managers fund less a weekly,monthly draw of £1000 to the winner and £200 to spend in the shop etc for runner up . A six monthly draw for a car and holiday . if this worked we could aim for £5 per week or 2 pints less in the pub with a total of £2.4 million + per year for the manager . Ive got about 50 or so interested and a sponsor for the first car and other prizes

s2hart
09-08-2012, 06:35 PM
I was talking to a friend a while back about getting more out of the stadium, as it is(to my knowledge) the stadium is only used during the week for the club shop & possibly rented out offices, why can't we have some sort of restuarant or cafe open during the day offering either meals or snacks or even just popping in to have a coffee and getting a view out onto the pitch, as I don't live in the area anymore but I'm lead to believe a few companies have offices or work places around that area plus the residents & even people just popping into the shop. I was in Eindhoven a few months back and PSV have something similar, it was classy enough to entertain business contacts or just any walk up customer, it has memorabilia all over the place and the best of all, you can walk out onto a balcony into the stadium(if anyone is going to Eindhoven it's a must visit).

Also, I was told kids play areas are really popular now over Edinburgh, why not have one in the stadium, we really need to try and get the community involved and get the most out of the stadium.

I've been meaning to try and send an email to the club but I feel it would probably go on deaf ears, so would it be possible if a fans rep, could gather these ideas(in this thread) and present them to the club or if the club do actually read this, maybe consider looking into doing more community things & try and gain some income from the stadium.

RIP
09-08-2012, 10:03 PM
I was talking to a friend a while back about getting more out of the stadium, as it is(to my knowledge) the stadium is only used during the week for the club shop & possibly rented out offices, why can't we have some sort of restuarant or cafe open during the day offering either meals or snacks or even just popping in to have a coffee and getting a view out onto the pitch, as I don't live in the area anymore but I'm lead to believe a few companies have offices or work places around that area plus the residents & even people just popping into the shop. I was in Eindhoven a few months back and PSV have something similar, it was classy enough to entertain business contacts or just any walk up customer, it has memorabilia all over the place and the best of all, you can walk out onto a balcony into the stadium(if anyone is going to Eindhoven it's a must visit).

Also, I was told kids play areas are really popular now over Edinburgh, why not have one in the stadium, we really need to try and get the community involved and get the most out of the stadium.

I've been meaning to try and send an email to the club but I feel it would probably go on deaf ears, so would it be possible if a fans rep, could gather these ideas(in this thread) and present them to the club or if the club do actually read this, maybe consider looking into doing more community things & try and gain some income from the stadium.

All ideas are collated by supporter volunteers and discussed in detail with management. If and when these discussions develop into concrete plans we will immediately feed back to our fellow supporters. Not going to raise false expectations by courting publicity or prattling on about good intentions. We need this activity to produce results, not rhetoric.

Agree about email - we've found it a monumental waste of our time and of management's time. The staff have been cut to the bare bones and most are all putting in 12 hour days. Instead of asking them to read and reply to war and peace why not meet up face to face and put your views direct to the horses mouth. And we refer to them as 'management' not 'The Club'. We are ALL 'The club'. It's a small but important distinction we feel

Board members, supporters, Pat Fenlon, Hibs Supporters Association, Erin Trust, The Hibernians, Historical Trust, Community Foundation all attend. Any supporter is welcome to volunteer. We are mostly strident board critics so far but if any happy clapper wants to volunteer, they won't be turned away :wink:

PM's welcome