PDA

View Full Version : Starting lineup against the Yams.

AlbertK86
05-08-2012, 07:51 PM
So after the destruction of the cup final and the destruction today what does everybody think our team should be next week

This is a massive game

Williams

Clancy
McPake
New CH
New LB

New RW
Cairney
Deegan
Booth

Griffiths
New CF

Subs

Antell
O'Hanlon
Smith
Stanton
Handling
Caldwell
Doyle

Hanlon Stephens Stevenson Sproule Spoon see yiz

SouthamptonHibs
05-08-2012, 07:54 PM
Would be happy with that hopefully we have three / four quality players signed that are match fit and ready to play next Sunday
In reality we'll have the same squad as we do now and all the usual suspects will start

McKenzie
05-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Williams
Maybury
Mcpake
Clancy
Hanlon
Deegan
Cairney
New winger
Spoony
Doyle
Griffiths

McPake6
05-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Williams
Maybury
Mcpake
Clancy
Hanlon
Deegan
Cairney
New winger
Spoony
Doyle
Griffiths

Are you high? Hanlon, Wotherspoon, Doyle and Maybury? Deary me

lucky
05-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Williams
Maybury
Mcpake
Clancy
Hanlon
Deegan
Cairney
New winger
Spoony
Doyle
Griffiths

Not a bad shout

Wotherspiniesta
05-08-2012, 08:02 PM
Williams

Clancy McPake Hanlon Booth

Wotherspoon Cairney Deegan Stanton

Doyle

Griffiths

Subs: Antell O'Hanlon Stevenson Caldwell Handling New Winger Claros

Piqué
05-08-2012, 08:03 PM
Williams

Clancy McPake Hanlon Kujabi

Claros

Cairney Deegan

Griffiths ------------------------- Doyle

Caldwell

Griffiths and Doyle should give us pace and intelligence out wide while also providing a goal threat. Hopeful Caldwell can do a job similar to Jon Daly for United. That midfield should be able to get stuck in more than todays and hopefully, with a bit of protection, Claros can show a bit of class?? Kujabi in there to provide a bit of natural width down the left.

AlbertK86
05-08-2012, 08:04 PM

Correct with yer deary me.

Hanlon ... Very very weak

Spoon .,, very very lethargic and deliberate

No improvement from either .... Sorry to say they ain't living up to the very high hopes I had for both

Macaroon
05-08-2012, 08:05 PM

And what exactly are you expecting? Are you seriously expecting Hibs to go out and sign 5 players in probably a maximum of 5 days accounting for the time it takes to register the players.

I think it is you sir who is high.

McKenzie
05-08-2012, 08:07 PM
And what exactly are you expecting? Are you seriously expecting Hibs to go out and sign 5 players in probably a maximum of 5 days accounting for the time it takes to register the players.

I think it is you sir who is high.

Well said. We won't see major changes this week so let's not kid ourselves on

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Williams

Doyle/New winger Deegan Stanton Cairney

Griffiths New striker

My bench wouldnt contain Stevenson, Stephens, Sproule.

Heisenberg
05-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Williams

Clancy
Mcpake
Hanlon
New player/Booth

Deegan
Stevenson

New player
Cairney
Griffiths

New player

Macaroon
05-08-2012, 08:13 PM
I will be absolutely astounded if we have two new signings through the door for the derby. Deegan excluded.

fife hfc
05-08-2012, 08:14 PM
On what we have it does not look to great. Hopefully we can at least bring in a forward and wide player. The centre of defence would be better with Hanlon beside Mcpake who struggled today due having Stephens having a mare beside him. I would not mind Maybury coming in as he has SPL experience and shown up well.

Williams

Clancy
Kujabi/ Booth/ Smith or even Maybury
Hanlon
McPake

Wotherspoon
Deegan
Cairney
Claros
Griffiths

Caldwell

If we sign another striker I would drop Claros and play young Caldwell and the new boy upfront. Hopefully we can bring in two to three players but I don't expect much.

LeighLoyal
05-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Williams

Spoon Claros Deegan Cairney

Griffiths Doyle

yekimevol
05-08-2012, 08:20 PM
williams

clancy mcpake hanlon booth

stephens stevenson

wotherspoon cairney claros kujabi

going with a famous 4-6-0 cause we had a midfield out there today who could not keep the ball for long the 5 seconds 9 time out of 10 when we had possesion. So keeping to scoreline at a low is the goal in my opinion.

Macaroon
05-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Realistically, perhaps even slightly optomistic.

Williams

Clancy - McPake - Stephens - Hanlon

Stevenson - Claros

New Winger - Deegan - Cairney

Griffiths

AlbertK86
05-08-2012, 08:29 PM

Williams

Stevenson - Claros

Griffiths

I know u r being realistic but Stephens Stevenson and Hanlon should be nowhere ear the team. Ext week

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-08-2012, 09:16 PM
My mate txt me to say The Yammish Ones are 11-8, not a bad shout!

PISTOL1875
05-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Williams

Cairney Deegan

Wotherspoon Sparky Stevenson

Doyle

stanton10
05-08-2012, 09:25 PM
Williams

Wotherspoon Cairney Deegan Stanton

Doyle

Griffiths

Subs: Antell O'Hanlon Stevenson Caldwell Handling New Winger Claros

Jesus christ do you watch football.

Wotherspiniesta
05-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Jesus christ do you watch football.

Yes, I do.

And I'm not Jesus Christ, I'm GOD.

ChooseLife
05-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Williams

New RB
Clancy
McPake
Maybury

New RM
Cairney
Deegan
New LM

Griffiths
Riordan (if he'll come back)

Subs:
Antell
New CB
New Full Back
Caldwell
Stanton
Sproule
New ST

7 New players isn't much to ask considering we've already got rid of 16, and we have at least another 8 players who need to go.

Dinkydoo
05-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Williams
Clancy McPake Hanlon Booth/Maybury
Deegan
Claros. Cairney
Doyle
Griffiths. Caldwell

stanton10
05-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Yes, I do.

And I'm not Jesus Christ, I'm GOD.

Well ,lord do something to heal this sh-t.

Jim44
05-08-2012, 10:04 PM
My mate txt me to say The Yammish Ones are 11-8, not a bad shout!

That's a fantastic price for them and anyone who doesn't have qualms against betting against Hibs will make a killing.

Macaroon
05-08-2012, 10:07 PM
I know u r being realistic but Stephens Stevenson and Hanlon should be nowhere ear the team. Ext week

I disagree you on Hanlon but you are spot on. But there is no hope we will sign anyone to replace them before the derby. I'm sorry but it just won't happen

eastmainsmsh
05-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Williams

Mcpake O Hanlon Hanlon

Clancy

Claros Deegan Stevenson Booth

Handling Griffiths

Macaroon
05-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Williams

Mcpake O Hanlon Hanlon

Clancy

Claros Deegan Stevenson Booth

Handling Griffiths

3 AT THE BACK!?

Holy hell we would be absolutely slaughtered.

Famous5forever
05-08-2012, 10:55 PM
So after the destruction of the cup final and the destruction today what does everybody think our team should be next week

This is a massive game

Williams

Clancy
McPake
New CH
New LB

New RW
Cairney
Deegan
Booth

Griffiths
New CF

Subs

Antell
O'Hanlon
Smith
Stanton
Handling
Caldwell
Doyle

Does it matter who plays ? we all know what the end result will be, my nephew has been going to the games now for 3 years and has never seen us beat them. Petrie please explain why ??????????

Judas Iscariot
05-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Williams

Clancy McPake Hanlon Booth/Kujabi

Deegan

Sproule Cairney Claros Booth

Griffiths

SteveHFC
05-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Makalamby

Gathuessi
Hogg
Jones
Murphy

Kerr
Noubissie
Beuzelin

Donaldson
Fletcher
Benji

Hibeesmad
05-08-2012, 11:51 PM
Formation 4-4-2

Williams

Clancy
Mcpake
Hanlon
Booth

Sproule
Deegan
Cairney
Doyle

Griffiths
New striker

Subs:
Antell
Kujabi
Stevenson
Claros
Stanton
Handling
Caldwell

silverhibee
06-08-2012, 12:41 AM
Williams
Maybury
Mcpake
Clancy
Hanlon
Deegan
Cairney
New winger
Spoony
Doyle
Griffiths

Doubt it.

silverhibee
06-08-2012, 12:43 AM
Williams

New RB
Clancy
McPake
Maybury

New RM
Cairney
Deegan
New LM

Griffiths
Riordan (if he'll come back)

Subs:
Antell
New CB
New Full Back
Caldwell
Stanton
Sproule
New ST

7 New players isn't much to ask considering we've already got rid of 16, and we have at least another 8 players who need to go.

:hmmm:

The_Horde
06-08-2012, 12:53 AM
Williams

Clancy Mcpake Hanlon *New signing*/Stevenson

Sproule Deegan Claros Cairney Stevenson/Booth/Kujabi

Griffiths

Paulzo
06-08-2012, 01:43 AM
Cant belive clancy is in most of these teams, he is just another micheal hart :confused:

dmc1875
06-08-2012, 02:49 AM
Well said. We won't see major changes this week so let's not kid ourselves on

PF better get a rocket up their arse then, because if he doesnt the front three of sutton, diver and tempelton will have a field day.

Honestly how PF hasnt realised we need some pace and width is ridiculous

dmc1875
06-08-2012, 02:50 AM
Makalamby

Gathuessi
Hogg
Jones
Murphy

Kerr
Noubissie
Beuzelin

Donaldson
Fletcher
Benji

It is so, so sad that we would kill for that team now

500miles
06-08-2012, 07:15 AM
I wouldn't go daft changing things too much. I thought Ivan gave united a couple of things to think about, although his final ball was lacking. The back for, I would be tempted to move Hanlon into the middle and give his left back space to Kujabi or Booth.
With Deegan available I would like to sit him next to Stevenson, to allow Cairney to play more advanced. For me the biggest difference between us and united was that they looked like they had played together for years, while we were unsure and hesistant. Hopefully that means week on week improvements from here on, as the team becomes more settled.

IFONLY
06-08-2012, 07:57 AM
[QUOTE=500miles;3315672]I wouldn't go daft changing things too much. I thought Ivan gave united a couple of things to think about, although his final ball was lacking. The back for, I would be tempted to move Hanlon into the middle and give his left back space to Kujabi or Booth.
With Deegan available I would like to sit him next to Stevenson, to allow Cairney to play more advanced. For me the biggest difference between us and united was that they looked like they had played together for years, while we were unsure and hesistant. Hopefully that means week on week improvements from here on, as the team becomes more settled.[/QUOTE

The only time he could do that is if he where a quizmaster. IMO Sproule does not pose a threat to any SPL defence he is so predictable. Defender just push him wide and force him to play the ball.

Cocaine&Caviar
06-08-2012, 08:00 AM
___________WILLIAMS

CLANCY___McPAKE___NEW CB___HANLON

NEW RW___DEEGAN___NEW DM___BOOTH

__________NEW TM___GRIFFITHS

Pretty Boy
06-08-2012, 08:07 AM
Without new faces it will be the same as last season, shuffling the same old ***** about!

Thankfully most of the new guys looked like our slightly better players yesterday. However with guys like Stevenson, Wotherspoon and Sproule still making it into most peoples starting line up I really do worry about next week and the season ahead. Not good enough and have been continually not good enough for seasons now.

500miles
06-08-2012, 09:35 AM
[QUOTE=500miles;3315672]I wouldn't go daft changing things too much. I thought Ivan gave united a couple of things to think about, although his final ball was lacking. The back for, I would be tempted to move Hanlon into the middle and give his left back space to Kujabi or Booth.
With Deegan available I would like to sit him next to Stevenson, to allow Cairney to play more advanced. For me the biggest difference between us and united was that they looked like they had played together for years, while we were unsure and hesistant. Hopefully that means week on week improvements from here on, as the team becomes more settled.[/QUOTE

The only time he could do that is if he where a quizmaster. IMO Sproule does not pose a threat to any SPL defence he is so predictable. Defender just push him wide and force him to play the ball.

I can think of three times he got into really good positions with the ball, only to make the wrong choices or become isolated by his own pace. He's no the greatest, but when he is fed the right halls, he's a threat.
Id like to see a Lee Miller type forward come in as well, but we can only go with what is realistically available. Ideally, id have a team of......

..............Williams
Clancy.McPake.Hanlon.Booth
...........Deegan.Stevenson
..Sproule....Cairney.....Griffiths
...............Miller

Brightside
06-08-2012, 09:56 AM

This is a massive game

Williams

Clancy
McPake
New CH
New LB

New RW
Cairney
Deegan
Booth

Griffiths
New CF

Subs

Antell
O'Hanlon
Smith
Stanton
Handling
Caldwell
Doyle

Hanlon was the only decent defender on Sun. Yet again people want him turfed out. Unreal. Sproule and Stephen are the two who MUST be dropped right now. Others can be changed as we add others to the squad.

Baldy Foghorn
06-08-2012, 09:59 AM

This is a massive game

Williams

Clancy
McPake
New CH
New LB

New RW
Cairney
Deegan
Booth

Griffiths
New CF

Subs

Antell
O'Hanlon
Smith
Stanton
Handling
Caldwell
Doyle

Do you honestly think 4 new players will be signed this week??:confused:

Baldy Foghorn
06-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Cant belive clancy is in most of these teams, he is just another micheal hart :confused:

Clancy is on another universe compared to Hart.....Any further mention of Hart, should result in immediate expulsion from .net, as per the terms and conditions set out in the rules.....

Albion Hibs
06-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Williams

Clancy / McPake / Hanlon / Kujabi

Cairney

Sproule / Wotherspoon / Deegan / Booth

Griffiths

I am sure they will line up nice and wide just like that day in may, fingers crossed we dont make the same silly team selection mistakes. I would play a left back at left back (shocking i know).

We seems to have a team of midgets to chose from which is not ideal, part of me thinks Stephens would offer at least something in there, as more of defensive midfield role.

We need more attacking players, booth will go at a defense and for once that may actually make our opposition think they cant just attack/batter us from the first minute to the last. I would on an attacking front like to see Griffiths spend the whole game playing off websters shoulder, whist he may be decent in the air, he makes Wotherspoon look like Usain Bolt, and over the course of 90 mins at home going to get at least 1/2 chances on this basis.

IFONLY
06-08-2012, 04:42 PM
Williams

Cairney

Griffiths

I am sure they will line up nice and wide just like that day in may, fingers crossed we dont make the same silly team selection mistakes. I would play a left back at left back (shocking i know).

We seems to have a team of midgets to chose from which is not ideal, part of me thinks Stephens would offer at least something in there, as more of defensive midfield role.

We need more attacking players, booth will go at a defense and for once that may actually make our opposition think they cant just attack/batter us from the first minute to the last. I would on an attacking front like to see Griffiths spend the whole game playing off websters shoulder, whist he may be decent in the air, he makes Wotherspoon look like Usain Bolt, and over the course of 90 mins at home going to get at least 1/2 chances on this basis.

I have more chance of playing than that line up has!!!!!

calumhibee1
06-08-2012, 04:51 PM
Williams
Sproule Deegan Cairney New LM
Sparky New CF

truehibernian
06-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Taking wee notes at Tynecastle on Saturday it was, to me, quite clear the way Hearts are playing (and going to play) - for a start it seems clear that Robinson is the holding player whose main instruction was to get the ball out wide as often as he can - makes sense given Hearts strength up top is their width. McGowan played just off Sutton at the tip of a diamond, however he was up against Davidson and Millar and was getting no joy - against Hibs this could be different given our midfield couldn't contend with the giant hulk that is Willo Flood !!!

Second half, when Robinson came off (for being poor) they switched him with Taouil - who was more offensive and seemed to again have been instructed to play into the wide areas and channels. Again nothing came much through the middle.

Set pieces were interesting - absolutely clear that whenever Hearts gained a free kick outside the area, they aimed for the back post area for either McGowan or Webster to head back across the penalty area. Corners were more central, but they seem to like drawing players away from the area at free kicks thus leaving space to attack in the penalty area when balls are won.

For me their weakness was Robinson and the full backs. Me - I would go 4-3-3 but there is as much chance of me flying to the moon than Fenlon playing that formation.

I think he will go for 4-1-3-1 - someone will need to occupy the space McGowan was in and be prepared to challenge as he is a tall lad who will win his fair share of knock on's. We will also need someone to be industrious at closing down Robinson/Taouil........and full backs will need to not stand off Templeton in particular.

For me the team should line up

Williams

Clancy
McPake
Hanlon
Kujabi

Deegan (if fit) -sitter
Cairney - outside left
Griffiths - central attacking linking up with Doyle/Caldwell
Handling - outside right

Doyle or Caldwell

Webster and Zaliukas are settled and effective as a partnership but if Hibs press high up the pitch, play into the wider areas, and commit them, then space will be created - the emphasis will be on the midfield to push up into the box as often as possible to help Doyle or Caldwell - hence playing Leigh where for me he is more effective and that is central and being in that box.

I was even tempted to suggest Hanlon as a sitting midfielder given McGowan's height, and put O'Hanlon next to McPake.

On Saturday evening after watching Hearts I was relatively unconcerned - after yesterday's horrible showing, I now think we are in for a right tough game - but we need to attack and press to win.

truehibernian
06-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Sorry, meant to add Claros - even with 10 men I think it could be tough :greengrin Claros next to Deegan

4-2-3-1

andrew70
06-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Williams

Clancy
McPake
Hanlon
Booth

Wotherspoon
Deegan
Cairney

Handling
Caldwell
Griffiths

Lee
06-08-2012, 06:13 PM
Williams

Clancy
Smith
McPake
O'Hanlon (only because Stephens should be nowhere near the team and Sutton will have a field day with Hanlon)

Sproule (unless we buy a new right winger this week)
Deegan
Claros
Cairney
Booth

Griffiths

Would love to see us play 442, but not sure how effective Griffiths and Doyle would be together if we play "long" for another 90 minutes - whoever plays wide will need to put Templeton & Driver on the backfoot if we have any chance of getting a result!

.Sean.
06-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Team i'd like to see:

Williams

Clancy
McPake
New CH
Hanlon

Forsyth
Deegan
Cairney
Booth

New CF/ Caldwell
Griffiths

Team I think we'll see:

Williams

Clancy
McPake
O'Hanlon
Hanlon

Sproule
Claros
Stevenson
Deegan
Cairney

Griffiths

Heart says 1-0 Hibs, head says 3-0 Hearts.

.Sean.
06-08-2012, 06:15 PM
:hmmm:
Is this a go-er?

If it is but you dinnae want to divulge your info in this madhouse, feel free to PM me mate :wink:

S.sct
06-08-2012, 06:28 PM

Williams

Stevenson - Claros

Griffiths

Think your having a Giraffe, that's the same defence as Sunday who would get ripped up for arse paper (AGAIN).... Must move Hanlon back to CH, PF can do what he wants at LB (we don't have one).

AlbertK86
06-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Do you honestly think 4 new players will be signed this week??:confused:

No ... But we effin need them !!!

S.sct
06-08-2012, 09:31 PM
I wouldn't go daft changing things too much. I thought Ivan gave united a couple of things to think about, although his final ball was lacking. The back for, I would be tempted to move Hanlon into the middle and give his left back space to Kujabi or Booth.
With Deegan available I would like to sit him next to Stevenson, to allow Cairney to play more advanced. For me the biggest difference between us and united was that they looked like they had played together for years, while we were unsure and hesistant. Hopefully that means week on week improvements from here on, as the team becomes more settled.

So what did he give them to think about then

AlbertK86
06-08-2012, 09:32 PM
So what did he give them to think about then

Why Hibs re- signed him !!!

S.sct
06-08-2012, 09:33 PM

The only thing Ivan gave Utd to think about was why he was on the park.

DAVE1875
06-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Williams

Clancy
McPake
Hanlon/O'Hanlon (ANYONE BUT STEPHENS)
Booth

Claros

Sproule
Cairney
Deegan
Kujabi

Griffiths

erin go bragh
06-08-2012, 10:32 PM
Taking wee notes at Tynecastle on Saturday it was, to me, quite clear the way Hearts are playing (and going to play) - for a start it seems clear that Robinson is the holding player whose main instruction was to get the ball out wide as often as he can - makes sense given Hearts strength up top is their width. McGowan played just off Sutton at the tip of a diamond, however he was up against Davidson and Millar and was getting no joy - against Hibs this could be different given our midfield couldn't contend with the giant hulk that is Willo Flood !!!

Second half, when Robinson came off (for being poor) they switched him with Taouil - who was more offensive and seemed to again have been instructed to play into the wide areas and channels. Again nothing came much through the middle.

Set pieces were interesting - absolutely clear that whenever Hearts gained a free kick outside the area, they aimed for the back post area for either McGowan or Webster to head back across the penalty area. Corners were more central, but they seem to like drawing players away from the area at free kicks thus leaving space to attack in the penalty area when balls are won.

For me their weakness was Robinson and the full backs. Me - I would go 4-3-3 but there is as much chance of me flying to the moon than Fenlon playing that formation.

I think he will go for 4-1-3-1 - someone will need to occupy the space McGowan was in and be prepared to challenge as he is a tall lad who will win his fair share of knock on's. We will also need someone to be industrious at closing down Robinson/Taouil........and full backs will need to not stand off Templeton in particular.

Williams

Clancy
McPake
Hanlon
Kujabi

Deegan (if fit) -sitter
Cairney - outside left
Handling - outside right

Doyle or Caldwell

Webster and Zaliukas are settled and effective as a partnership but if Hibs press high up the pitch, play into the wider areas, and commit them, then space will be created - the emphasis will be on the midfield to push up into the box as often as possible to help Doyle or Caldwell - hence playing Leigh where for me he is more effective and that is central and being in that box.

I was even tempted to suggest Hanlon as a sitting midfielder given McGowan's height, and put O'Hanlon next to McPake.

On Saturday evening after watching Hearts I was relatively unconcerned - after yesterday's horrible showing, I now think we are in for a right tough game - but we need to attack and press to win.
One of the best posts ive read on here in a while ,you should apply for the assistant managers job mate as our tactics [or lack of them]of late have been poor to say the least .

ggtth

Judas Iscariot
07-08-2012, 08:07 AM

Williams

Clancy
McPake
Hanlon
Kujabi

Deegan (if fit) -sitter
Cairney - outside left
Handling - outside right

Doyle or Caldwell

I think we'd stand a bit more of a chance if we fielded 11 players..... :aok:

One of the best posts ive read on here in a while ,you should apply for the assistant managers job mate as our tactics [or lack of them]of late have been poor to say the least .

ggtth

Even though a formation he listed and a suggested team he posted only contained 11 players :hmmm:

sparkiedelpaco7
07-08-2012, 08:36 AM
Williams

Clancy -- McPake -- Hanlon -- Booth

Sproule -- Wotherspoon -- Deegan -- Cairney

Griffiths -- Doyle

Aldo
07-08-2012, 08:51 AM
Williams

Clancy -- McPake -- Hanlon -- Booth

Sproule -- Wotherspoon -- Deegan -- Cairney

Griffiths -- Doyle

Sorry but why o why would anyone have Sproule in their starting line up. He brings NOWT to the team and for me is a waste if a jersey. I would prefer one of the young lads brought in to play there.

He has done nothing since his return and for me is nothing but an impact sub with 15 to 20 mins to go...,IF that.

He's had his time and it's time to drop him.

IFONLY
07-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Sorry but why o why would anyone have Sproule in their starting line up. He brings NOWT to the team and for me is a waste if a jersey. I would prefer one of the young lads brought in to play there.

He has done nothing since his return and for me is nothing but an impact sub with 15 to 20 mins to go...,IF that.

He's had his time and it's time to drop him.

100% agree I was saying that on Sunday coming out of the game. Surely one of the youngsters would bust a gut for us.

truehibernian
07-08-2012, 10:32 AM
I think we'd stand a bit more of a chance if we fielded 11 players..... :aok:

Even though a formation he listed and a suggested team he posted only contained 11 players :hmmm:

Read my second post under it where I immediately stated I forgot to mention Claros and 4-2-3-1 :wink:

We all make mistakes :greengrin

Franck Stanton
07-08-2012, 10:48 AM
Williams

Clancy McPake Hanlon Booth/Kujabi

Deegan

Sproule Cairney Claros Booth

Griffiths

Thats the team/formation I would play as well, - Booth at left back and Kujabi left midfield. Not brilliant, but with the imposters we have just now the best we can muster.

Franck Stanton
07-08-2012, 10:53 AM
Williams

Cairney

Griffiths

Albion, no a bad shout for tgeam/formation either, however Cairney is an attacking mid whilst Deegan defensive mid, swap those two and would agree with thgis selection also.

Chris.igoe
07-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Williams. Clancy-mcpake-hanlon-kajabi. Cairny- carlos deegan- booth. Doyle. Griffths

allezsauzee
07-08-2012, 12:05 PM
I'm not sure that the exact formation is the most important aspect of our team on sunday, the only chance we have of getting anything other than another spanking from the yams is by working harder than them while keeping our composure and having some sort of plan from the manager. This won't be the team but i'd go for Williams, Clancy, O'Hanlon, McPake, Hanlon, Cairney, Claros, Deegan, Stevenson, Griffiths, Doyle

flash
07-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Assuming no new signings i would go with:

Williams

Clancy
McPake
Hanlon
Kujabi

Claros
Cairney
Deegan

Doyle
Caldwell
Griffiths.

A new striker would make a massive difference.

allezsauzee
07-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Interesting that everybody is fielding Deegan in their line up (including me!) despite none of us really having any evidence that he's any better that what we have! Hope more than expectation given PFs signing record.

Del Boy
07-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Interesting that everybody is fielding Deegan in their line up (including me!) despite none of us really having any evidence that he's any better that what we have! Hope more than expectation given PFs signing record.

it's the simple fact that he can't possibly be any worse than likes of Stevenson, Claros and Wotherspoon.

EVENTUALLY
07-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Players, Formation and tactics must be changed ahead of the Hearts game.

David Stephens is simply not up to the task of holding down the centre half position. He was dropped after a catastrophic performance against Inverness last season, didn't feature again up to and including the Cup Final and yet from nowhere he is a first pick in all pre-season games. He was at fault for the Huddersfield 1st goal and was simply shocking verus DUFC. There has been no self-improvement, coaching development or anything else which suggests he will get better. He is simply not good enough.

Lewis Stevenson was very poor against DUFC and should be dropped.

Paul Hanlon is the best option to play alongside James McPake at centre half. There was clearly an improvement in his play when he was selected alongside the captain last season.

The left back position is well covered ,albeit that the extent of the players ability, style and strength who are capable of playing there are varied. Stevenson, Pa Kujabi, Booth and Smith are all capable on their day of doing a good job, however they are all inconsistent performers (Smith excluded as he has hardly featured)

The midfield lacks creativity. Deegan is about to come in and has already been described as someone who won't be bullied about, bet you he can tackle though but can he play a through ball never mind a killer pass! Claros can't get rid of the ball fast enough but he can tackle! Lewis Stevenson has plenty of heart and commitment but no belief in himself and he can tackle! Wotherspoon not good enough for a Cup Final spot is now the link man to the lone central striker and yet he lacks guile and confidence and is the link man because he can't tackle. Cairney can tackle, surprise surprise! and he may be a good acquisition. There are two players on the books who can play, really play. Stanton and Harris.
Stanton in my view should be given a chance. Harris is probably too young/wee at the moment but he is a very good creative player. The midfield is in my view were the majority of Hibs problems stem. Playing two defensive midfielders is negative and simply not required with an organised back four playing in front of a commanding goalie. This formation holds 7 players in a basic defensive role individually and collectively. It didn't work last season and it won't work this season as Hibs do not have any outstanding forward players capable of dribbling away on their own as they are being asked to do with the forwards all playing far too far apart from each other, Sproule RW, Griffiths CF, Doyle LW. None of these guys are skilled enough to do anything in isolation and with no support from a defensively set up midfield who can tackle but not pass they end up losing possession. Both Doyle and Griffiths will do a lot better as a front pair, and either one of them would do a lot better with a taller stronger partner. Doyle's performance -v- Dunfermilne through the middle with O'connor and Griffiths goal in SC Semi when linking with O'connor are examples of how so much easier it is for these guys if they are played in the right position and right formation with a creative supply.

Williams

Clancy McPake Hanlon Smith

Cairney Deegan Stanton Booth

Caldwell/Doyle Griffiths

Subs; Antell, Claros, Handling, Kujabi, Wotherspoon, Sproule

JohnStephens91
07-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Williams

Clancy - McPake - Hanlon - Booth

Stevenson - Deegan

Doyle - Cairney - Kujabi

Griffiths

Subs: Antell, O'Hanlon, Caldwell, Wotherspoon, Handling, Claros, Sproule

Even with this team we would still get a resounding derby smashing for the second time in two games. A lot of it relies on the defence actually being good and changing from having Hanlon and McPake at CB again and Stevenson and Deegan working hard to protect them. Doyle, Cairney and Kujabi all possess attacking threats and have good work rate levels and they need to keep the ball on the deck to help Griffiths, he struggled to win headers against United but against Barr, Zaliuskas and Webster along with McGowan he will be so ineffective. Best we can hope for is a draw unless a new midfielder and a new striker are brought in.

allezsauzee
07-08-2012, 04:51 PM
it's the simple fact that he can't possibly be any worse than likes of Stevenson, Claros and Wotherspoon.

You read the comments on skybluestalk? CCFC fans don't appear to have been impressed with him

number9dream
07-08-2012, 08:40 PM
Need to deal with the Hearts' threat out wide. McPake should handle Sutton in open play but they have a few other big lads that can cause problems at set-pieces...

Williams
Clancy, McPake, Hanlon, Booth
Wotherspoon Deegan Cairney
Handling Caldwell Griffiths

Heisenberg
07-08-2012, 08:44 PM
You read the comments on skybluestalk? CCFC fans don't appear to have been impressed with him

They slated Mcpake too. I'll wait to see him play before judging him.

Amit
07-08-2012, 10:14 PM
The fact there is so much debate about the formations and personnel just goes to show how poor a squad we have.

Pat's priority should be to make it as difficult as possible for Hearts to break us down.

Has to be a 4-5-1. Team's who play with width will always get chances against us. Packing out the midfield might just give us a chance.

trev the hat
07-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Williams

Clancy Mcpake Hanlon Kujabi

Deegan

Doyle Claros Cairney Booth

Griffiths

Subs - Antell (gk cover)
O,Hanlon (cm cover)
Stanton - needs spl game time asap
Handling needs spl game time asap
Caldwell needs spl game time asap
Wotherspoon (fullback cover)
Smith (fullback cover)

Personally i think this is THE strongest line up we currently have at the club(Surely this must be seen by PF/LO), the three young guys should be on the bench week in/out before Stevenson, Sproule, Stephens, without doubt !!!

Thoughts ???

LeighLoyal
07-08-2012, 10:20 PM
Williams

Clancy Mcpake Hanlon Kujabi

Deegan

Doyle Claros Cairney Booth

Griffiths

Subs - Antell (gk cover)
O,Hanlon (cm cover)
Stanton - needs spl game time asap
Handling needs spl game time asap
Caldwell needs spl game time asap
Wotherspoon (fullback cover)
Smith (fullback cover)

Personally i think this is THE strongest line up we currently have at the club(Surely this must be seen by PF/LO), the three young guys should be on the bench week in/out before Stevenson, Sproule, Stephens, without doubt !!!

Thoughts ???

Deegan for Claros and you might be on.

cabbageandribs1875
07-08-2012, 10:35 PM
Deegan looks an absolute psycho....get him in :aok:

rcarter1
07-08-2012, 10:35 PM
Enjoy reading all these formations :applause:, it even gives me a semblance of hope! :pray:

Given that Mr Fenlon is still getting to grips with the SPL and it's wonders, perhaps each week we could all vote on people's tactics and formations, with a view to sending the best two to the manager? :dunno:

Cabbage East
07-08-2012, 10:45 PM
Two things we haven't done In the last couple of years against them that I won't forgive them for not doing on Sunday - Getting stuck in and having a right go at them. We give them too much respect.

Sir David Gray
07-08-2012, 11:06 PM
I don't think it really matters what combination we put together on Sunday unless it involves naming about four or five new players that we're going to sign over the next four days.

Auckland Hibs
08-08-2012, 01:14 AM
I don't think it really matters what combination we put together on Sunday unless it involves naming about four or five new players that we're going to sign over the next four days.

Sadly, the reality is that they are better in every position on the park. However, on the day anything can happen in a derby match - with an improved and determined performance plus a bit of luck we might nick a draw.

green glory
08-08-2012, 10:10 AM
Griffiths Doyle/New CF

Booth Cairney Deegan Anyone but Sproule

Stevenson Hanlon McPake Clancy

Williams

Looking like Deegan will be able to play on Sunday, rumours Gary Twigg talking to us, so I'd go with the above. Lewis doesn't have the creativity needed at this level for midfield, but has the grit to make a decent defender IMO. Re Ivan, for ****'s sake Paddy enough's enough. Callum Booth for LM is a no brainer. Who do we replace Ivan with though?

:cb

Hermit Crab
08-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Griffiths Doyle/New CF

Williams

Looking like Deegan will be able to play on Sunday, rumours Gary Twigg talking to us, so I'd go with the above. Lewis doesn't have the creativity needed at this level for midfield, but has the grit to make a decent defender IMO. Re Ivan, for ****'s sake Paddy enough's enough. Callum Booth for LM is a no brainer. Who do we replace Ivan with though?

Gary twigg talks to us every transfer window ;)

NorthNorfolkHFC
08-08-2012, 10:19 AM
Griffiths Doyle/New CF

Williams

I don't think I would mind Lewis at LB. Don't think it will happen though as PF has never done it, the same can be said for Booth. For one reason or another, PF doesn't rate/like him.

Must keep Hanlon and McPake together, it works well.

Williams

Clancy McPake Hanlon Kujabi/Stevenson

Doyle Cairney Deegan Booth

Griffiths New CF

This has CF and winger situation has to be sorted!! We need width!!!!

Judas Iscariot
08-08-2012, 10:55 AM
Willams

Clancy McPake O'Hanlon Hanlon

Deegan

Sproule Cairney Claros Kujabi

Griffiths

Subs

Antell
Stephens
Booth
Stanton
Stevenson
Doyle
Caldwell

That's the team I'd play from what he right now, don't think it'll be anythink like that, just hope PF doesnt try to play 4-4-2 against them again :rolleyes:

H1B33 1875
08-08-2012, 11:06 AM
Hanlon and McPake have to be paired at the back, Stephens can not start the derby. Sproule needs to be dropped all together, gives his all but just dosnt have the abilty anymore. Dunno who to put at left back. Sparky has to be paired with someone up front, he'll get frustrated at being isolated in the derby and end up getting sent off, again tho who? Severe lack of strikers unless we chuck 1 of the youngsters in.

Leishy1995
08-08-2012, 11:10 AM
I'd give Caldwell a start. He's young, and a striker. He'll want to show Hibs fans what he's all about by proving his self in the derby.

NorthNorfolkHFC
08-08-2012, 11:13 AM
Webster and Zaliukus will relish the thought of playing against us on Sunday. That pair will hardly break sweat.

yekimevol
08-08-2012, 11:15 AM
what i want.
--------------williams
---clancy mcpake hanlon booth
-------stephens---deegan
wortherspoon -----------kujabi
-------doyle------griffiths

what i think paddy will do.

--------------williams
---clancy mcpake stephens hanlon
-------deegan---stevenson
cairney-------doyle-----wortherspoon
-------------griffiths

PeterboroHibee
08-08-2012, 11:16 AM
If we sign the players we have been linked to recently, Id go with something like -

Williams
Maybury Clancy McPake Hanlon
Deegan Kerr
Cairney Griffiths Forsyth
Doyle

Along with telling them to stop ******g lumping it every time we get the ball!

If we dont sign anyone then who knows what we will put out, the squad is garbage. Sure Fenlon said there will be changes but I dread to think who he will bring in, some of the boys on the bench are worse than those who were playing on Sunday.

Hermit Crab
08-08-2012, 11:21 AM
Take the risk and give the young guys a shout. They will put in more effort than most of the current 11

Scooter
08-08-2012, 11:35 AM
The team with players we have at the mo that pat will pick

Williams

Clancy
Mcpake
Hanlon
Booth

Deegan
Stevenson

Sproule
Cairney
Doyle

Griffiths

My team

Williams

Clancy
Mcpake
Hanlon
Booth

Spoony
Deegan
Stevenson
Cairney

Doyle
Griffith

CalgaryHibs
08-08-2012, 11:59 AM
These starting line ups are fine, the question should be how are gona fair against the Maroon mob? )

Hibs7
08-08-2012, 12:14 PM
11 hard barstewards who will kick *** out of the maroon fannies will do me.

lyonhibs
08-08-2012, 01:57 PM
1 hard barsteward who will kick *** out of the maroon fannies will do me.

The above would be a start. Unless Deegan really is the missing link, I think they will do what they always do. Want it more, dominate the midfield and win at a canter. It'll take weeks if not months if not years to ACTUALLY see a "Hibernian with bottle", given the incredibly low base Fenlon started with.

Franck Stanton
08-08-2012, 02:11 PM
This is the team I would put out (from the players we have - obviously would change should we actually sign someone],

--------------------------Williams----------------

Maybury----------McPake---------Clancy---------Booth

--------------------Deegan--------Hanlon--------------

-----Wotherspoon------Cairney---------Kujabi-------

------------------------Griffiths-----------------------

Don't think Fenlon will go with this however. [obviously means signing Maybury - someone has previously posted we have already done so as the were speaking to a family member].

Macaroon
08-08-2012, 02:17 PM
Williams

Clancy - Hanlon - McPake - Booth

Deegan

New Winger - - - - - - - - - - - Kujabi/Doyle

Griffiths - Caldwell

Stevenson doesn't have the height to play LB and the yams will target him just like they did Kujabi in THAT game.. Caldwell is the second best striker we have at the moment in my opinion, Doyle has done nothing to prove me wrong and Caldwell has done plenty to prove me right. Can't do any harm at all in playing him up-front. Besides, I already promised to give him my dog if he scored a goal like his wonder-chip against the yams so he'll be right up for it :cb

Franck Stanton
08-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Williams

Clancy - Hanlon - McPake - Booth

Deegan

New Winger - - - - - - - - - - - Kujabi/Doyle

Griffiths - Caldwell

Stevenson doesn't have the height to play LB and the yams will target him just like they did Kujabi in THAT game.. Caldwell is the second best striker we have at the moment in my opinion, Doyle has done nothing to prove me wrong and Caldwell has done plenty to prove me right. Can't do any harm at all in playing him up-front. Besides, I already promised to give him my dog if he scored a goal like his wonder-chip against the yams so he'll be right up for it :cb

Now theres confidence for you - only playing with 10 men.

IWasThere2016
08-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Gary twigg talks to us every transfer window ;)

:greengrin

4-4-2 please. If Maybury signs I think he will play. I hope we are talking to strikers! If not Doyle or Caldwell must partner Sparky.

Please God no Stephens - and Hanlon or Clancy in beside McPake.

Diclonius
08-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Williams

Wotherspoon Deegan Claros Cairney

Doyle Griffiths

TheMentalHibees
08-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Fenlon should nip round the pubs near ER, should be able to find 4 folk who could play midfield better than our current crop.

RoscoHibby
08-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Surely lessons must be learned from a) the final, and b) watching they yak cants last week.

Stop the ball getting to Driver and Templeton, and you stop them. Nulify that threat and who have they got in midfield....Darren Barr and Ryan McGowan...hardly a threat IMO, even against our midfield.

For this purpose, i'd change it to 4-3-2-1. for the middle 3, i'd play deegan, cairney and (suppose) Stevenson.

For the '2' i'd play them out wide, spoony and (suppose) sproule. And tell them, as soon as we're not in possession, you get touch tight on driver and templeton, I mean proper tight. Kick, hassle, hurry them before they've even received the ball. Clatter both them nice n early. And also have the full backs briefed and ready to fire in for a 2nd tackle.

I might be looking too much into this, but for me, stop that threat, kill their width, and we've got a fairly decent chance IMO. Deegan and Cairney fairly attacking to support the 3. And Mcgowan, barr n the young laddie (name escapes me) against deegan, cairney and stevenson, looks like a much fairer fight. And as they say the game is won and lost in midfield.

Ooooor, or, we could actually just push 20yds further up the park where we should be, squeeze the game n get tore right fckin into them instead of just standing back and inviting wave after wave of attack...

GGTTH.

GreenArmy1875
08-08-2012, 03:20 PM
If the above poster is correct and their midfield is Templeton Mcgowan Barr Robinson Driver we need to pack that CENTRAL AREA of midfield with Deegan Cairney and someone else. They also played 2 young full backs last week (Correct me if i am wrong) and have seen the LB play for the 19s last term and he is a good on the ball and strong but a bit rash at times. Dont know much about the RB though, We need a few more bodies in before sunday hopefully.

My team would be if we get maybury.

Williams

Clancy Mcpake Hanlon Maybury(if signed)

Cairney Deegan Stevenson

Handling Griffiths
Doyle/New Striker

Means we have imo a strongish back Four with 3 players in front of them who are capable of putting themselves about. Then give the young lad a chance in the Derby the Yams have done it with Smith at ER? Handling is surely better than a pumped up headless sproule? Especially in derby's. He has also played against this full back before at 19s.
Griffiths is pacey and got a good delivery on him. And Doyle in my opinion is a smart/good enough to give them troubles.

Might look at it saying we will get destroyed down the Flanks but i would rather we gave it a good go and showed signs of attacking than to sit back with the same old rubbish and still get hammered.

AlbertK86
08-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Sadly, the reality is that they are better in every position on the park. However, on the day anything can happen in a derby match - with an improved and determined performance plus a bit of luck we might nick a draw.

You are spot on ..... But let's hope we can spoil their party ... Like they done to us after we won the cup in 07

Northernhibee
08-08-2012, 03:28 PM
Interestingly, PF has made the pitch at ER narrower. Width shouldn't come into the game as much :agree:

What I'd like:
Williams

Deegan Claros
Sproule Wotherspoon Doyle
Griffiths

jacomo
08-08-2012, 03:37 PM
Williams

Deegan Claros Stevenson

Griffiths Doyle Cairney

Gotta play 3 in midfield, don't like the look of Claros trying to anchor it together but who else is there? Deegan would hopefully help the other 2 out, Lewis at least understands the left back role and can help out in that area.

Wide players hopefully would chase and try to compress play.

Subs: Spoony and Caldwell most likely to be used.

NorthNorfolkHFC
08-08-2012, 03:43 PM
If the above poster is correct and their midfield is Templeton Mcgowan Barr Robinson Driver we need to pack that midfield with Deegan Cairney and someone else. They also played 2 young full backs last week (Correct me if i am wrong) and have seen the LB play for the 19s last term and he is a good on the ball and strong but a bit rash at times. Dont know much about the RB though, We need a few more bodies in before sunday hopefully.

My team would be if we get maybury.

Williams

Clancy Mcpake Hanlon Maybury(if signed)

Cairney Deegan Stevenson

Handling Griffiths
Doyle/New Striker

Means we have imo a strongish back Four with 3 players in front of them who are capable of putting themselves about. Then give the young lad a chance in the Derby the Yams have done it with Smith at ER? Handling is surely better than a pumped up headless sproule? Especially in derby's. He has also played against this full back before at 19s.
Griffiths is pacey and got a good delivery on him. And Doyle in my opinion is a smart/good enough to give them troubles.

Might look at it saying we will get destroyed down the Flanks but i would rather we gave it a good go and showed signs of attacking than to sit back with the same old rubbish and still get hammered.

Your correct. we'd get pumped on the flanks.

Putting 3 in against a 5 man midfield is not packing it!

erin go bragh
08-08-2012, 03:53 PM
.........................Williams

....Clancy.......Mcpake.........Hanlon.....Maybury

..........................Stevenson

....claros.................Deegan.........Cairney

.....................Griffiths.......Doyle

ggtth

Curly1875
08-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Going by todays open training session I have a feeling Fenlon is going to play McPake and O'hanlon at the back. He kept them together in a pair for the whole session today. Tbh I wouldn't mind having O'hanlon back in, I think next to McPake he might actually be alright and certainly did well against Aberdeen towards the end of last season... Can't be as bad as Stephens anyway:greengrin

Northernhibee
08-08-2012, 04:19 PM
Going by todays open training session I have a feeling Fenlon is going to play McPake and O'hanlon at the back. He kept them together in a pair for the whole session today. Tbh I wouldn't mind having O'hanlon back in, I think next to McPake he might actually be alright and certainly did well against Aberdeen towards the end of last season... Can't be as bad as Stephens anyway:greengrin

If we see the O'Hanlon we saw at Pittodrie alongside McPake, that'd be a hard as nails CB pairing.

GreenArmy1875
08-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Your correct. we'd get pumped on the flanks.

Putting 3 in against a 5 man midfield is not packing it!

I was meaning the Centre Midfield stop them playing, But i have went back to edit it.

Piqué
08-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Williams

Claros

Cairney Deegan

Griffiths ------------------------- Doyle

Caldwell

Griffiths and Doyle should give us pace and intelligence out wide while also providing a goal threat. Hopeful Caldwell can do a job similar to Jon Daly for United. That midfield should be able to get stuck in more than todays and hopefully, with a bit of protection, Claros can show a bit of class?? Kujabi in there to provide a bit of natural width down the left.

AlbertK86
08-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Griffiths Doyle/New CF

Williams

Liking yer team. Stanton in for Ivan unless we get a new signing

Sir David Gray
08-08-2012, 10:40 PM
Williams

Clancy
McPake
Hanlon
Kujabi

Stevenson
Deegan
Cairney
Stanton

Griffiths
Doyle

SUBS

Antell
Stephens
O'Hanlon
Sproule
Claros
Caldwell
Handling

Really shows how much work we still have left to do to get the squad up to scratch. Sorely lacking in quality all over the park and very little depth in terms of who we have available from the bench.

Macaroon
09-08-2012, 01:32 AM
Now theres confidence for you - only playing with 10 men.

It isn't really. Stephens is hiding in there somewhere, but as usual you just can't see him :greengrin

number9dream
09-08-2012, 09:27 AM
Surely lessons must be learned from a) the final, and b) watching they yak cants last week.

Stop the ball getting to Driver and Templeton, and you stop them. Nulify that threat and who have they got in midfield....Darren Barr and Ryan McGowan...hardly a threat IMO, even against our midfield.

For this purpose, i'd change it to 4-3-2-1. for the middle 3, i'd play deegan, cairney and (suppose) Stevenson.

For the '2' i'd play them out wide, spoony and (suppose) sproule. And tell them, as soon as we're not in possession, you get touch tight on driver and templeton, I mean proper tight. Kick, hassle, hurry them before they've even received the ball. Clatter both them nice n early. And also have the full backs briefed and ready to fire in for a 2nd tackle.

I might be looking too much into this, but for me, stop that threat, kill their width, and we've got a fairly decent chance IMO. Deegan and Cairney fairly attacking to support the 3. And Mcgowan, barr n the young laddie (name escapes me) against deegan, cairney and stevenson, looks like a much fairer fight. And as they say the game is won and lost in midfield.

Ooooor, or, we could actually just push 20yds further up the park where we should be, squeeze the game n get tore right fckin into them instead of just standing back and inviting wave after wave of attack...

GGTTH.

Top marks. The issue of width cannot be stressed enough and Templeton is probably a better player than Suso!
The Jambos might bring Taouil into the midfield to play the Skacel role. If McGlynn sticks with Barr, McGowan & Robinson, it will be a day for rolled up sleeves and Deegan will need to be the hard man we've been promised - but can the others back him up?
For me, Booth would be a better option than Wotherspoon (for pace and left-side balance) but PF just doesn't seem to fancy him.

probable team:

Williams
Clancy, McPake, O'Hanlon, Hanlon
Deegan Stevenson
Sproule Wotherspoon Cairney
Griffiths

I'd go for: (never going to happen)

Williams
Clancy McPake Hanlon
Sproule* Cairney Deegan Wotherspoon Booth
Caldwell Griffiths

*Unless we sign Maicon or Alvez before Sunday

Andy74
09-08-2012, 09:51 AM
These threads are always a good reminder that things could be a lot worse! :greengrin

NorthNorfolkHFC
09-08-2012, 10:03 AM
For me, Booth would be a better option than Wotherspoon (for pace and left-side balance) but PF just doesn't seem to fancy him.

Makes you wonder why Pat doesn't like him? It is strange.

He was, easily the most gifted player i have seen for a while come through the ranks and it is sickening to see him unused.

Yes, he was making silly mistakes but players like him need to be fitted in the team somehow.

JimBHibees
09-08-2012, 10:09 AM
Based on who we have at present:

Williams

Clancy
McPake
Hanlon
Kujabi (hopefully Maybury will be signed)

Spoony
Deegan
Cairney
Claros
Lewis

Sparky

Hopefully Lewis and DW given they have both played full back would give the full backs some protection defensively and 3 in the middle with hopefully Deegan giving us a bit of dig and allowing Claros to make some passes. Cairney to push forward and give Griffiths some support when on. At the very least assuming Maybury in place the team should be much more competitive and harder to score against. Would take a hard earned point right now.

Dont think Hearts are a great team certainly weaker than last season (midfield of Barr, Robinson, McGowan???) their threat is wide and at set pieces so we would hopefully compete with that.

Andy74
09-08-2012, 10:10 AM
Makes you wonder why Pat doesn't like him? It is strange.

He was, easily the most gifted player i have seen for a while come through the ranks and it is sickening to see him unused.

Yes, he was making silly mistakes but players like him need to be fitted in the team somehow.

Yet at the same time people don't want us to be soft and giving away daft goals all the time.

I'm getting a bit fed up hearing about how Booth should be in the team. Based on what I've seen from him when he has played he is miles away.

He has talent with the ball, no doubt about that but I'm not sure if he has it in him to survive in a competitive league.

I certainly wouldn't be chucking him into that match on Sunday!

NorthNorfolkHFC
09-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Yet at the same time people don't want us to be soft and giving away daft goals all the time.

I'm getting a bit fed up hearing about how Booth should be in the team. Based on what I've seen from him when he has played he is miles away.

He has talent with the ball, no doubt about that but I'm not sure if he has it in him to survive in a competitive league.

I certainly wouldn't be chucking him into that match on Sunday!

I am not saying put him at LB. The boy could pass forward and run onto receive it back. He also scored the last 'wonder goal' at ER and importantly he could actually beat a man.

In our current team, nobody can do this. Not even Super Liegh, he can shoot but when he runs he is prone to a bit of toe pin ball.

gegs70
09-08-2012, 10:33 AM
Willams

Deegan

Sproule Cairney Claros Kujabi

Griffiths

Subs

Antell
Stephens
Booth
Stanton
Stevenson
Doyle
Caldwell

That's the team I'd play from what he right now, don't think it'll be anythink like that, just hope PF doesnt try to play 4-4-2 against them again :rolleyes:

wotherspoon for sproule possibly booth for kujabi but otherwise pretty good.

LewisHFC
10-08-2012, 07:59 AM
Williams
Handling Deegan Cairney Stanton
Caldwell Griffiths

Give the young guys a chance, they sound like their quite good, can't be worse than last week.

AlbertK86
10-08-2012, 08:22 AM
Williams
Handling Deegan Cairney Stanton
Caldwell Griffiths

Give the young guys a chance, they sound like their quite good, can't be worse than last week.

Like that team other than Booth at LB. really rate him but only at LM

Hopefully Maybury at LB or if not signed I think Lewis may be the best option against Templeton

ivan03
10-08-2012, 11:15 AM
ILL GO WITH..

.............Williams

Clancy..McPake..O'Hanlon..Hanlon

................Deegan

W'Spoon.. Lewis..Claros..Ivan

...............Sparky

On paper probably one of the worst Hibs sides to field in a derby, even worse than May 19th, but just have to do with what we've got for now and hopefully every players has an off day and we win :flag:

ivan03
10-08-2012, 11:19 AM
infact id probably rather have hanlon at centre half and play boothy at left back, gives us something different but hes not played in a while!

davhibby
10-08-2012, 11:23 AM
I think we need 2 up front against zaliukas and webster, Sparky can't play as the lone striker so we should have Sparky and Doyle/Caldwell just not sure about starting Caldwell in a game like this

jacomo
10-08-2012, 11:28 AM
.............Williams

Clancy..McPake..Hanlon..Booth

..Claros..Deegan..Lewis

Sparky......................Cairney

...............Doyle

This is the team I posted t'other day, 4-5-1 to match Yams man for man.

This is the best back 4 we have, although PF obviously doesn't rate Booth.

We've got to pack the midfield, and the best midfield three I can think of is Deegan Claros Lewis. Lewis at least understands the left back role so can help cover there if needed.

Sparky and Cairney out wide to track back and get forward. Doyle probably feeding off the scrappiest of scraps but what can you do?

If it's not working, stick Caldwell up front and Spoony either midfield or wide right.

pandahfc
10-08-2012, 02:32 PM
Williams
Clancy McPake Hanlon Maybury
Spoony Deegan Cairney Booth
Griffiths Caldwell

:pfgwa:flag:

jacomo
10-08-2012, 02:40 PM
I think we need 2 up front against zaliukas and webster, Sparky can't play as the lone striker so we should have Sparky and Doyle/Caldwell just not sure about starting Caldwell in a game like this

Agree Sparky can't play up front on his own in this team (if at all) but we tried 2 strikers against them on 19 May and it backfired big time.

When in doubt, the easiest plan is to match them man for man. They will probably play 4-5-1 and unless we have a better plan (doubtful eh?) I would be happiest if we did the same.

Aldo
10-08-2012, 02:50 PM
I think PF will continue with the 4-2-3-1 formation

Williams
Deegan Lewis
Sproule Spoony Cairney
Griffiths

I dont want Sproule in the starting 11 but this is the team I expect PF to pick on Sunday.

Judas Iscariot
10-08-2012, 02:54 PM
I don't think PF will play CB or PKJ, even though I've put them both in the teams I've had up on here...

Now Maybury is signed, the team I hope he'd pick, being realistic and being pretty sure he wont throw in anyone radical or go 2 up front...

Williams

Clancy McPake(c) Hanlon Maybury

Claros

Sproule Deegan Cairney Doyle

Griffiths

Can't see him playing that as I fully expect Stevenson & Spoon to start, even though they offer utterly nowt to the team at all...

Franck Stanton
10-08-2012, 03:43 PM
:faf:
It isn't really. Stephens is hiding in there somewhere, but as usual you just can't see him :greengrin

:faf::faf::faf:

HibbyAndy
10-08-2012, 03:56 PM
I don't think PF will play CB or PKJ, even though I've put them both in the teams I've had up on here...

Now Maybury is signed, the team I hope he'd pick, being realistic and being pretty sure he wont throw in anyone radical or go 2 up front...

Williams

Claros

Griffiths

Can't see him playing that as I fully expect Stevenson & Spoon to start, even though they offer utterly nowt to the team at all...

But you would start Claros and Sproule who also offer utterly nowt to the team?.

trev the hat
10-08-2012, 04:08 PM

Williams

Claros

(Doyle) (Booth)
Griffiths

Put Doyle on the right and stick CB in front of Maybury & that would do for me :thumbsup:

FromTheCapital
10-08-2012, 04:50 PM
................................Williams.......... .........................

Maybury..............Clancy.........McPake........ ........Hanlon

.........................Deegan........Claros..... ......................

Handling.....................Cairney.............. ............Griffiths

................................Caldwell.......... ..........................

SUBS
Antell
Booth
Stephens
Stevenson
Sproule
Wotherspoon
Doyle

:pfgwa

Leighonel
10-08-2012, 05:08 PM
................................Williams.......... .........................

Maybury..............Clancy.........McPake........ ........Hanlon

.........................Deegan........Claros..... ......................

Handling.....................Cairney.............. ............Griffiths

................................Caldwell.......... ..........................

SUBS
Antell
Booth
Stephens
Stevenson
Sproule
Wotherspoon
Doyle

:pfgwa

Almost exactly what I would like to see, maybe shuffle the defence a wee bit to get hanlon at CB. Also maybe swap Handling for someone else ,because im not sure how good he is on the wing, maybe Stanton, Wotherspoon, booth or Doyle.

On a side note Sproule might look ok on Sunday against the young hearts full backs, that is if we play the right way.

R'Albin
10-08-2012, 05:17 PM
Williams

Maybury Mcpake Hanlon Clancy

Doyle Deegan Stevenson Booth

Caldwell Griffiths

I know many are saying Caldwell is too young, however out of our squad thay lineup definitely looks the best to me. I wouldn't be starting 3 young guys as that's far too big a risk for an Edinburgh derby but I would like to see Caldwell up front, despite his inexperience. He won't allow himself to be bullied due to his size, and has shown great composure in the games I have seen him in.

Franck Stanton
10-08-2012, 05:25 PM
------------------Williams------------------

Clancy-------McPake-------Hanlon--------Maybury

---------------------Deegan-------------------------

-----Cairney-----------Wotherspoon----------Booth

-------------Griffith---------------Doyle-----------

NEED to play 2 up front, we are at home ffs, Griffith, whilst a good player is not a target man and to play him on his own up front is imo just a waste of time. Also going by comments posted Clancy is a good c/h - on his showing so far dont think he is long-time answer at r/b but never having seen him at c/h would keep movement/changes at back to minimum. Would be just as happy with Maybury at r/b and Clancy in c/h with Hanlon at l/b should it be true that Clancy can play the position.

HibsFan96
10-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Williams
Maybury Hanlon McPake Clancey
Stevenson Deegan
Cairney
Sproule Doyle
Griffiths

Judas Iscariot
10-08-2012, 06:51 PM
But you would start Claros and Sproule who also offer utterly nowt to the team?.

Sproule has contributed more goals and assists than DW & LS put together & Claros is a far better player than Stevenson...

McPake6
10-08-2012, 07:44 PM
What I would pick

Williams

Maybury McPake Clancy Hanlon

Cairney Claros Deegan Booth

Griffiths Doyle

What Fenlon will pick

Williams

Clancy McPake Stephens Hanlon

Deegan Stevenson

Sproule Wotherpoon Doyle

Griffiths

Hibernia Na Eir
10-08-2012, 07:49 PM
Does it matter who plays ? we all know what the end result will be, my nephew has been going to the games now for 3 years and has never seen us beat them. Petrie please explain why ??????????

It's a fair point, but It's worth noting that the Yams players have recently been on record as saying that beating us is more important than anything else in the season. Perhaps Hibs players, coaches should take note. Match them at least, FFS.

Heisenberg
10-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Reckon Pat will go for this:

Williams

Clancy
Mcpake
Hanlon
Maybury

Deegan
Stevenson

Sproule
Cairney
Doyle

Griffiths

We'd still get shafted down both flanks due to the wide players not tracking back whatsoever whilst Sparky would struggle up top on his own. Hope we show that there's still something in the team, at least put up a fight and contest for every ball. I have my doubts though.

Craig_in_Prague
10-08-2012, 07:54 PM
What I would pick

Williams

Maybury McPake Clancy Hanlon

Cairney Claros Deegan Booth

Griffiths Doyle

What Fenlon will pick

Williams

Clancy McPake Stephens Hanlon

Deegan Stevenson

Sproule Wotherpoon Doyle

Griffiths

Nonsense.
Fenlon wont start Cairney and Maybury?

The_Horde
10-08-2012, 09:43 PM
This is what i would go with

Williams

Clancy Mcpake Hanlon Maybury

Deegan Stevenson

Sproule Doyle Cairney

Griffiths

We still need more players, not looking forward to this.

hibeebilly
10-08-2012, 10:16 PM
I would go with
Williams

Clancy mcpake Hamlon Stevenson

Deegan. Cairney

Sproule. Doyle. Griffiths

Caldwell

nickwhibs
11-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Williams

Stanton Cairney Deegan Booth

Doyle Griffiths

Franck is God
11-08-2012, 06:08 PM
The team I would pick tomorrow is

Williams

Clancy---McPake---Hanlon---Maybury

Claros

Sproule---Wotherspoon---Deegan---Doyle

Griffiths

LeighLoyal
11-08-2012, 06:14 PM
The team I would pick tomorrow is

Williams

Clancy---McPake---Hanlon---Maybury

Claros

Sproule---Wotherspoon---Deegan---Doyle

Griffiths

Good team, I'd pick that too. :aok:

Craig_in_Prague
11-08-2012, 06:16 PM

except, Cairney will play.

and I would be surprised Claros plays in front of Stevenson.

totalfootball
11-08-2012, 06:19 PM

You kidding me? I'm afraid sproule wouldn't be near the team if u was picking it. I'd go with Williams Clancy mcpake Hamlin maybury booth Deegan Stevenson carney griffiths Doyle.
Not sayin that's team that would start I don't think he will play booth but thats team I'd go for. 442 Doyle and griffiths up top booth on left cairney right but tucking in

AlbertK86
11-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Williams

Stanton Cairney Deegan Booth

Doyle Griffiths

That's the team for me but think PF will stick to 4 2 3 1 formation and unfortunately Stevenson and spoon will play instead of Stanton and Booth