PDA

View Full Version : Matchday Parking

HH81
08-08-2012, 09:55 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120808/matchday-parking_2262950_2874940

£5 per car although doesn't say how many car spaces :confused:

I'm sure I have parked right near there for free before.

RG04
08-08-2012, 10:02 AM
Another Hibs farce!!!!!

£5 to park further away than I have done for 20 years , which is free!!!!!

Good idea.......................:confused:

CropleyWasGod
08-08-2012, 10:04 AM
Another Hibs farce!!!!!

I think it is. Secure parking, with no need to trawl around the side streets. Plus a wee bit extra income for the club.

Certainly not a farce, IMO.

Hiber-nation
08-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Another Hibs farce!!!!!

You don't actually have to use it :rolleyes:

RG04
08-08-2012, 10:11 AM
Ok maybe a "farce" was a strong word, just feel IMO that its a little bit of a waste of time, and I probably got a little annoyed when logging on to the website this morning to see if we had made any new signings to be greeted with the signing of a car park!!!!!

H18sry
08-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Is it not a good thing that we are trying to maximise revenue to help with the running costs of Hibs? A lot of other clubs have secure parking for fan's that cost at least a fiver so why shouldn't we?

It is your choice to use it if you wish, as nobody is forcing you.

CropleyWasGod
08-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Ok maybe a "farce" was a strong word, just feel IMO that its a little bit of a waste of time, and I probably got a little annoyed when logging on to the website this morning to see if we had made any new signings to be greeted with the signing of a car park!!!!!

I think Carrie Park was a free agent.

As others have said, it has always been a solid performer for other clubs, so why not give it a go?

It's probably on a pay-as-you-play basis, so I don't think we're going to lose out financially.

marinello59
08-08-2012, 10:18 AM
Another Hibs farce!!!!!

I drive to virtually every game, it's worth a fiver to save driving round and round the surrounding streets looking for a space. And at least I won't come back to my car to find it boxed in by a double parker.

RG04
08-08-2012, 10:19 AM
Arsenal have RVP...........we get NCP!!!!

Golden Bear
08-08-2012, 10:23 AM

If it means extra revenue for the Club then I'm all for it and of course more income means that we have more available funds for potential signings.

And as has already been pointed out, you won't get ex communicated if you don't use the car park!

CropleyWasGod
08-08-2012, 10:24 AM
Arsenal have RVP...........we get NCP!!!!

:confused: Arsenal have Rod's Vehicle Parking????

We get NumptiesCannyPlay.

Hermit Crab
08-08-2012, 10:29 AM
600-800 metres from Easter Rd?? Aye the Road not the stadium :greengrin

Cabbage East
08-08-2012, 10:39 AM
I drive to virtually every game, it's worth a fiver to save driving round and round the surrounding streets looking for a space. And at least I won't come back to my car to find it boxed in by a double parker.

You deserve a medal, the pre/post match bevvy is the only thing keeping it bearable these days :greengrin

mcvie7
08-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Another Hibs farce!!!!!

Where do you park? I park at Nisbet Court ( the high flats about 10 min walk ) which is really good and always get a space ,would like closer if possible though.

Jamesie
09-08-2012, 11:47 AM
Hopefully this might deter some of the fans who chose to park in private residential car parks in developments near the ground. Never previously a problem for me, but as a non-season ticket holder this season there will be times when I'm probably arriving home during a game and will be p'd off if I can't find a space - something my neighbours have complained about for some time!

offshorehibby
09-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Some people obviously need to greet about anything and everything.

A we bit extra revenue for the club.
Within easy walking distance to the stadium.

Well done Hibs

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2012, 12:39 PM
FFS Petrie why no train station nearer the ground, there used to be one, St Mirren have managed it?

Viva_Palmeiras
09-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Another Hibs farce!!!!!

Other solid revenue generating or alternative "good ideas" are welcome.

Jamesie
09-08-2012, 03:35 PM
Do Hibs own this land? Presuambly not. Wonder how much the club is actually seeing of the £5?

HFC 0-7
09-08-2012, 03:58 PM
I think it is. Secure parking, with no need to trawl around the side streets. Plus a wee bit extra income for the club.

Certainly not a farce, IMO.

Agreed! Many have been moaning at hibs for not looking to increase revenue. Every bit helps, if you can get a couple of hundred cars in there for match days that could cover the wages for a couple of youth players.

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2012, 04:13 PM
If we had kept the land at the back of the new stand, we could have got a few cars in there every 2nd week. :devil:

lucky
09-08-2012, 04:24 PM
Don't think many people will use it. Leith is full of free parking so can't see many paying £5

DarrenSQH
09-08-2012, 06:42 PM
I park in the exact same place every week. Much closer to ground and plenty spaces normally until about 2.

tooley
09-08-2012, 07:27 PM
[B]Arsenal have RVP[B]...........we get NCP!!!!

Not for much longer :na na:

Scouse Hibee
09-08-2012, 10:17 PM
Never had any trouble parking 5 minutes away from the ground on the street for free.