PDA

View Full Version : Behind the goals

S.sct
07-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Planning on going to "Behind the goals" for the first time on Sunday, can anyone tell me what time it opens?

hibbymac
07-08-2012, 08:31 PM
Planning on going to "Behind the goals" for the first time on Sunday, can anyone tell me what time it opens?

Don't know if it will be open before the game due to the early KO.

frazeHFC
07-08-2012, 11:50 PM
Don't know if it will be open before the game due to the early KO.

It's been open before for early kickoffs in the past, unless it's changed this season?

silverhibee
08-08-2012, 12:12 AM
Any boozers in Leith open early on Sunday. :aok:

hibbymac
08-08-2012, 07:12 PM
It's been open before for early kickoffs in the past, unless it's changed this season?

On a Sunday ??

S.sct
08-08-2012, 07:42 PM
I know its usally 11am for a 12.15 game on a Saturday but nothing on the website for an early Sunday KO.

ShanksSaidNo
09-08-2012, 09:19 AM
Do we have any clarity on this as yet?

invisible man
09-08-2012, 09:22 AM

Behind the goals can't sell alcohol before 12.30pm on a Sunday.

marti1875
09-08-2012, 12:45 PM
Behind the goals can't sell alcohol before 12.30pm on a Sunday.

Yeah, i'm sure i remember while ago when i was working abroad that there was some nonsense going that the deluded ones were/are allowed a licence to open early on a Sunday and sell alcohol whilst we were told to **** off and didn't get it granted by our friendly local council!!

Maybe i'm wrong but pretty sure it was something along these lines so i'd guess BTG will not even bother to open before the game with no alcohol licence.

S.sct
10-08-2012, 12:41 PM

Nipped into the office yesterday and they checked for me....It is open from 11am but I didn't ask if alcohol was being served (I will need my medicine).

Zondervan
10-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Yeah, i'm sure i remember while ago when i was working abroad that there was some nonsense going that the deluded ones were/are allowed a licence to open early on a Sunday and sell alcohol whilst we were told to **** off and didn't get it granted by our friendly local council!!

Maybe i'm wrong but pretty sure it was something along these lines so i'd guess BTG will not even bother to open before the game with no alcohol licence.

Correct; Hearts have a historical licence to sell alcohol as part of a hospitality package on Sundays. The law changed, and Hibs were then unable apply for the same licence. No idea how we ended up in this situation in the first place though.

I am led to believe that Hearts cannot sell alcohol via an open bar as BTG does; it is only when paid for as part of a package i.e. no cash bar on the day.

Regardless, the council can and should grant Hibs a licence to open on Sunday match days. But they just don't want to do it. No doubt L&B polis have a say in this also.

I will be down Leith Dockers at 10am. :party: