PDA

View Full Version : Kyle to The Rangers.

Spike Mandela
07-08-2012, 01:27 PM
1 year deal. :rolleyes:

Andy74
07-08-2012, 01:28 PM
1 year deal. :rolleyes:

I'd have taken the chance on him when he was kicking about earlier in pre season.

Spike Mandela
07-08-2012, 01:31 PM
I'd have taken the chance on him when he was kicking about earlier in pre season.

Maybe we should have witheld our PAYE then spent it when the SFA give us a transfer embargo.:cb

Andy74
07-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Maybe we should have witheld our PAYE then spent it when the SFA give us a transfer embargo.:cb

Seems to be the way you pay for strikers like Beattie and Kyle now! It's worked for both sets of the huns.

Sean1875
07-08-2012, 02:46 PM
Seriously what even was the point of putting a 1 year transfer embargo on Rangers starting in September? I know it wont really apply to Kyle if hes only on a 1 year contract, but by the time this transfer embargo kicks in, sevco will already have their team set for the next couple years and transfers wont even need to be made. Incredible stupidity.

HibsMax
07-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Seriously what even was the point of putting a 1 year transfer embargo on Rangers starting in September? I know it wont really apply to Kyle if hes only on a 1 year contract, but by the time this transfer embargo kicks in, sevco will already have their team set for the next couple years and transfers wont even need to be made. Incredible stupidity.

Or incredibly underhand...

Sean1875
07-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Or incredibly underhand...

Nothing better than a good conspiracy :greengrin

Caversham Green
07-08-2012, 03:11 PM
This seems a particularly foolhardy signing by Sevco. They've signed an SPL level striker - presumably on SPL level wages - to play in a division they should win at a canter in any case, and then his contract ends. They could have signed a much lower standard player and saved plenty of money to finance their future purchases. Dean Shiels and Ian Black will both be in their thirties by the time Sevco get back to the SPL and they're not really of a standard that would be competing to win the SPL even now, nor can I see the Hun masses flocking to buy season tickets on the back of these three signings. All three are a waste of money IMHO.

On the other hand they are players who would cause Hibs problems if they were playing for the opposition, so it's no bad thing that they're out of the way in SFL 3.

Spike Mandela
07-08-2012, 03:15 PM

On the other hand they are players who would cause Hibs problems if they were playing for the opposition, so it's no bad thing that they're out of the way in SFL 3.

They are also all players Hibs were rumoured(rightly or wrongly) to be interested in for this season but we have to watch the financial cheats throw money at them.

silverhibee
07-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Are newco still banned from playing in Europe for the next 3 years. ?

HibbyAndy
07-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Are newco still banned from playing in Europe for the next 3 years. ?

They wont get Europe for the next 3 years anyway:greengrin Unless they win the SC.

Steve20
07-08-2012, 04:27 PM
They're not really a new club. Won't bother going through other clubs who have a different company name from before because I've said before.

Andy74
07-08-2012, 04:31 PM
They're not really a new club. Won't bother going through other clubs who have a different company name from before because I've said before.

Great, I look forward to them accepting their punishments when they arise then with no moaning about how it's nothing to do with them anymore.

silverhibee
07-08-2012, 04:58 PM
No, that's falling into the Rangers way of thinking.

They are a new club therefore do not qualify to play in European competition for three years.

A massive difference

So if they win the SC this season do they get in to Europe.

Yes or no will do. :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
07-08-2012, 05:07 PM
No.

offshorehibby
07-08-2012, 05:16 PM
No, i think they need 3 years of account before they can play in Europe.

Baldy Foghorn
07-08-2012, 05:37 PM
No, i think they need 3 years of account before they can play in Europe.

Just like SFA membership, oh wait......:rolleyes:

Caversham Green
07-08-2012, 05:53 PM

As far as UEFA are concerned they're a new club - no ifs buts or maybes - and it's UEFA that set the conditions for entry into European competition. They are also a new club as far as the laws of the land are concerned, that's how they managed to cheat taxpayers and honest traders out of at least £55m.

It's only the Scottish establishment that thinks otherwise.

silverhibee
07-08-2012, 06:30 PM
No.

So who would get there European spot if they won the SC.

Billy Whizz
07-08-2012, 06:32 PM
So who would get there European spot if they won the SC.

Highest placed league team after Champions league placings I would presume

Eyrie
07-08-2012, 07:08 PM
I thought one Europa League entrant had to have qualified through the Scottish Cup, so that would mean that whoever faces Sevco in the final would automatically get the spot (unless they have already qualified for the Champions League).

Jack Hackett
07-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Forgive my drink addled arithmetic, but wouldn't it be 4 years with the current setup....3 years to work their way through the leagues, and then a season in the top league to win a Euro place?

erin go bragh
07-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Forgive my drink addled arithmetic, but wouldn't it be 4 years with the current setup....3 years to work their way through the leagues, and then a season in the top league to win a Euro place?
3 years if they won the sc in their 3rd season , i think .

ggtth

heretoday
07-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Och well. He'd only have made a nuisance of himself.

Andy Bee
07-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Another token signing for the benefit of the undecided Orc ST renewals, it'll be interesting to see just how many turn up at Ibrox whenever they're pencilled in to play. SF3 fitbaw.... I'm bored already :agree: