PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian Fans on Sunday - 100% Behind the Club

Col2
07-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Sunday is shaping up to be a difficult day - in terms of form and no doubt the wind up plans by the yams.

Every Hibby needs to get behind the club, support the team for 90 mins, roar the team on to a result and come away from the game with a positive feeling that we all made a huge difference.

No ifs and buts, just get a ticket, get down to the ground and get right behind the men in green and white.

They are expecting a thrashing. How much of a boost to every supporter, confidence boost to the players, springboard for the coming season etc would it be if we got a result in Sunday. How sweet would it be.

We have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Who is up for it?

MrSmith
07-08-2012, 09:20 AM
Sunday is shaping up to be a difficult day - in terms of form and no doubt the wind up plans by the yams.

Every Hibby needs to get behind the club, support the team for 90 mins, roar the team on to a result and come away from the game with a positive feeling that we all made a huge difference.

No ifs and buts, just get a ticket, get down to the ground and get right behind the men in green and white.

They are expecting a thrashing. How much of a boost to every supporter, confidence boost to the players, springboard for the coming season etc would it be if we it a result in Sunday. How sweet would it be.

Its a team that can play football with passion, in Hibs colours, that needs to turn up! The fans cannot be criticised for their support.

S4uzee
07-08-2012, 09:25 AM

They are expecting a thrashing. How much of a boost to every supporter, confidence boost to the players, springboard for the coming season etc would it be if we got a result in Sunday. How sweet would it be.

:top marksCome on the Hibs!!!

marinello59
07-08-2012, 09:29 AM
I'm in. :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
07-08-2012, 09:31 AM
I'm in. :thumbsup:

Me too :aok:

marinello59
07-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Its a team that can play football with passion, in Hibs colours, that needs to turn up! The fans cannot be criticised for their support.

Nobody is blaming the fans. The OP is simply saying we can make a difference on Sunday. Let's try and keep one thread positive. :thumbsup:

keep the faith
07-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Great post. Agree 100%

scuttle
07-08-2012, 09:50 AM
Good to see supporters being positive, but its up to the players to give us something to shout about.They owe us big time

frazeHFC
07-08-2012, 09:53 AM
Hail Hail!

If those mutant toads come thinking any of their tacky songs are gonna wind me up they can think again.

FTH

Col2
07-08-2012, 10:05 AM
Good to see supporters being positive, but its up to the players to give us something to shout about.They owe us big time

I know I know. But let's do our bit in fact let's do even more and create a brilliant atmosphere. Loads of time for post mortums if players do not react/perform.

scuttle
07-08-2012, 10:20 AM
I know I know. But let's do our bit in fact let's do even more and create a brilliant atmosphere. Loads of time for post mortums if players do not react/perform.

Im agreeing with you and ill be there and ill do my bit getting behind the team especilly against THEM. If the players dont turn up again how long will the singing last though

hibsmad
07-08-2012, 10:34 AM

I completely agree that all Hibs fans who can, should "just get a ticket" as it is so important for us to show them we are still here, still fighting and still proud to be Hibees!

Unfortunately though I think that as far as the result is concerned, it is all about the players turning up on Sunday. I told everyone that would listen on the run up to the final how important it was for the fans to back the team and show belief as this is what we had always been lacking against them. As it turned out the fans couldn't have been better but the imposters on the park still looked like they couldn't give a ****!

I will say again that I think every Hibs fan who can go on Sunday should and should also back the team. However if things aren't going well and the fans aren't in good voice then I better still see a hell of a lot of fight from the players. As far as I'm concerned the management team and players should be setting themselves up for one serious effort on Sunday regardless of the fans performance. They owe us!

18Craig75
07-08-2012, 10:54 AM
I admire the optimism but if a great support couldn't motivate this bunch of cowards for a cup final, what hope do we have of motivating them on Sunday?

Franck Le God
07-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Let's try and stay positive and supportive before and during the game, getting on the player's backs during the 90 minutes will only help Hearts.

blackpoolhibs
07-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Let's try and stay positive and supportive before and during the game, getting on the player's backs during the 90 minutes will only help Hearts.

:agree: Roar your heads off for the cause on Sunday. :flag:

frazeHFC
07-08-2012, 11:06 AM
I admire the optimism but if a great support couldn't motivate this bunch of cowards for a cup final, what hope do we have of motivating them on Sunday?

Even if we are not motivating the team, i don't wanna go and listen to that lot the whole game, so we need a loud vocal support no matter what size the crowd is.

Macaroon
07-08-2012, 11:10 AM
COME ON HIBEES!!! GET RIGHT INTO THEM

:flag::flag::flag::pfgwa:pfgwa:flag::flag::flag:

Gatecrasher
07-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Anyone else getting a sense of DeJa Vu? (not meaning to lower the tone of the thread but just saying)

shetlandhibee
07-08-2012, 12:25 PM

:agree: Everyone turn up and be vocal for the whole game. C'mon the Hibs!!!

GGTTH!!:scarf:

:brokenyam:

Hainan Hibs
07-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Anyone else getting a sense of DeJa Vu? (not meaning to lower the tone of the thread but just saying)

:agree: It will all end in tears

lucky
07-08-2012, 12:39 PM
Just back from the ticket office, getting two tickets for my mate from Newcastle and there was a que. Hopefully Hibs fans turnout cos you just never know

Col2
07-08-2012, 03:41 PM
:agree: It will all end in tears

Maybe so but we are due a result. How good would not feel to get one backed by a very vocal and large home support.

Hibeesforever
07-08-2012, 04:41 PM

With you as I am always a believer.
Would you start with Deegan ? Fenlon rates him very highly, so surely he will start. Ivan Sproule benched, what would the midfield formation be ? Maybe Sparky left midfield with Caldwell upfront.

Col2
07-08-2012, 05:16 PM
With you as I am always a believer.
Would you start with Deegan ? Fenlon rates him very highly, so surely he will start. Ivan Sproule benched, what would the midfield formation be ? Maybe Sparky left midfield with Caldwell upfront.

I would take one or two risks and start Caldwell, Deegan and Booth in left midfield. Sproule has to start on bench at best. Still hopeful for a player or two before Sunday.

Amit
07-08-2012, 06:23 PM
I fear for Sunday... Their width will once again tear us apart.

Ivan and Stephens should be nowhere near the first team.

4-5-1 for me. Be hard to beat and try catch them on the counter.

However, i imagine we'll play right into their hands and lose a goal in the first 10-15 mins!

SouthamptonHibs
07-08-2012, 07:31 PM
I've managed to convince s few off the lads to go so Petrie will get quite a few £28 quids fi us. We'll sing and bounce around in the East but if we go a goal down the chances off us leaving early are pretty high. Hibs are ganting just now someone on another thread commented that 200,000 Hibs fan signing SOL waving flags for 90mins is unlikely to get our team to play well. Good positive post by OP but im prepairing myself for a 3/4 goal defeat anything better is a bonus hail hail

NAE NOOKIE
07-08-2012, 10:37 PM
I always am mate ... I dont believe that getting on the teams back ever helps.

GGTTH

:flag:

Col2
07-08-2012, 11:37 PM
I would love to see a couple of the young lads starting in this game eg Caldwell and Handling. What's boost it would be for them ad would galvanize the fans.

Huge risk I know but I remember RFC oldco last season did the same with some young lad in midfield who has now ironically left under TUPE rules.

AgentDaleCooper
08-08-2012, 12:06 AM
the way i see it, there will be a pair of two entities going head to head in a real way on sunday - on the pitch and on the terraces. the ones 'fighting' our corner on the pitch aren't worth our efforts. we shouldn't sing a single song for them. we should, however, sing, from start to finish, even if we're 5-1 down again, to show them that the shower of pish that we've been watching for the past few years aren't a real reflection of what it is to be a hibee. i feel nothing for the team on the pitch these days, but i still feel something for the club. we need to sing for each other the way we wish the players would play for each other. this is the only battle that is in our hands.

Baldy Foghorn
08-08-2012, 10:49 AM
the way i see it, there will be a pair of two entities going head to head in a real way on sunday - on the pitch and on the terraces. the ones 'fighting' our corner on the pitch aren't worth our efforts. we shouldn't sing a single song for them. we should, however, sing, from start to finish, even if we're 5-1 down again, to show them that the shower of pish that we've been watching for the past few years aren't a real reflection of what it is to be a hibee. i feel nothing for the team on the pitch these days, but i still feel something for the club. we need to sing for each other the way we wish the players would play for each other. this is the only battle that is in our hands.

Eh?:confused::confused:

Singing for 90 minutes, but not for the team?? I'm confused:rolleyes: