PDA

View Full Version : Let's Work Together Emails to the board

shearer1981
07-08-2012, 08:01 AM
I emailed the board earlier - tried to stay as positive, pragmatic and fair as I could be - will keep you posted on response, see message below:

Dear Sir or Madam

My name is David I am a 31 your old Hibernian fan with some questions - I appreciate you are all very busy though Id be hugely grateful if someone at Hibernian could ease my concerns.

The new season has begun and a new marketing drive on the website with a new agenda/direction. ''The summer of change'' has yielded some good signing in my honest opinion. I also think the manager deserves the right to try and turn things around. I do however question if we can as I mull over purchasing a season ticket.

The Club pleaded with us to dig deep, be the 12th man, one family and all and I will always support my club. The fans have once again done their jobs - we've dug deep at a time of recession. The transfer budget made up of selling on players including re-sell clauses, season tickets sales and surprisingly favourable TV money surely means our budget is better than most and yet no headline signings - particularly in midfield where we are horrific and have been since Scott Brown and Kev Thomson were allowed to join our rivals. The cash from the sales was not given back to the first team but instead we had to start again....financed AGAIN by the fans.

The fans are so disillusioned by all this its unreal but yet we keep coming back - we keep digging deep.

Please meet us half way and give the manager some funds to buy 3 big names - its all we need - the makings of a squad is there and I believe in our coach. The board sold all our best players a few years ago and never re-invested in the squad. The chairman has apologised and I accept - we all make mistakes and he had long term security of Hibs in his mind - I am all for that.

But please follow on from you promise - a summer of change and change your tactics here - get the 1st team squad competitive again on the pitch and you will see the club blossom. Fans will not only come back they will stay and tell friends. The profile of the club will rise and we can look to achieve silverware - something that in all fairness hasn't been an objective in recent years.

I have spoken to Fyfe previously and iterated then that I don't envy your job - it must be difficult. But surely you can see by cheapening a product and forsaking short term success for long term sustainability only lasts so long. We are a laughing stock and if the derby goes sour on Saturday I fear for the board, the manager and the long term sustainability you guys are trying to protect - these things are intrinsically linked together and the balance is all over the place. If we dont have big signings by Sep then I fear it will be another train wreck of a season and if...dare I even imagine...we are relegated...I seriously wonder how we recover from that in any form other than a new board and new management throughout. You guys will be hounded out the door and remembered always.

We are doing our bit - we are all the same team, we want to succeed and we want you to do your best so we can pat you on the back but you need to invest in us as we are miles off the rest!

Thanks for your time.

Kind regards
David

ArmadaleHibs
07-08-2012, 08:24 AM
I emailed the board earlier - tried to stay as positive, pragmatic and fair as I could be - will keep you posted on response, see message below:

Dear Sir or Madam

My name is David I am a 31 your old Hibernian fan with some questions - I appreciate you are all very busy though Id be hugely grateful if someone at Hibernian could ease my concerns.

The new season has begun and a new marketing drive on the website with a new agenda/direction. ''The summer of change'' has yielded some good signing in my honest opinion. I also think the manager deserves the right to try and turn things around. I do however question if we can as I mull over purchasing a season ticket.

The Club pleaded with us to dig deep, be the 12th man, one family and all and I will always support my club. The fans have once again done their jobs - we've dug deep at a time of recession. The transfer budget made up of selling on players including re-sell clauses, season tickets sales and surprisingly favourable TV money surely means our budget is better than most and yet no headline signings - particularly in midfield where we are horrific and have been since Scott Brown and Kev Thomson were allowed to join our rivals. The cash from the sales was not given back to the first team but instead we had to start again....financed AGAIN by the fans.

The fans are so disillusioned by all this its unreal but yet we keep coming back - we keep digging deep.

Please meet us half way and give the manager some funds to buy 3 big names - its all we need - the makings of a squad is there and I believe in our coach. The board sold all our best players a few years ago and never re-invested in the squad. The chairman has apologised and I accept - we all make mistakes and he had long term security of Hibs in his mind - I am all for that.

But please follow on from you promise - a summer of change and change your tactics here - get the 1st team squad competitive again on the pitch and you will see the club blossom. Fans will not only come back they will stay and tell friends. The profile of the club will rise and we can look to achieve silverware - something that in all fairness hasn't been an objective in recent years.

I have spoken to Fyfe previously and iterated then that I don't envy your job - it must be difficult. But surely you can see by cheapening a product and forsaking short term success for long term sustainability only lasts so long. We are a laughing stock and if the derby goes sour on Saturday I fear for the board, the manager and the long term sustainability you guys are trying to protect - these things are intrinsically linked together and the balance is all over the place. If we dont have big signings by Sep then I fear it will be another train wreck of a season and if...dare I even imagine...we are relegated...I seriously wonder how we recover from that in any form other than a new board and new management throughout. You guys will be hounded out the door and remembered always.

We are doing our bit - we are all the same team, we want to succeed and we want you to do your best so we can pat you on the back but you need to invest in us as we are miles off the rest!

Thanks for your time.

Kind regards
David

David, your email is defo what we all want to see but I can assure you IF you get a reply from the club it will NOT have any of the answers you or we as supporters are looking for.

Your response will be very much like our managers response at present were we have tried without success to tempt decent players but have lost out to English clubs who can pay more.

The harsh reality is our board I believe will never change its policy on players wages and in fact will never change the pay structure.

We have released upto 15 players from our wage list since last season and granted many of these guys were loan so hibs didn't have to pay their whole wage, but releasing all that staff must have freed up more than it's cost to sign the 5 new players we've brought in. So the club in my opinion have penny pinched even further. And all of this on the back of a hampden final that surely brought in cash to in the region of half a million extra to a terrible season.

I would be surprised if you got anything more than a typical club response to you letter.

I posted earlier last week that I had been charged twice for my three season tickets for me and my kids. The finance company received two applications from hibs instead of one lot and I've been charged 1200 quid instead of 600. I'm presently struggling to get the cash back as Hibernian have not released the funds back to the finance company for them to pass it back to me. Now granted their maybe a reason it's taking so long ( nearly 5 weeks) but its just hibs all over when it comes to money. TIGHT.

Good luck and I cannot wait to see the clubs response

ArmadaleHibs
07-08-2012, 02:08 PM
And I wouldn't hold out for a quick reply either

Baldy Foghorn
07-08-2012, 05:48 PM

Dear Sir or Madam

Thanks for your time.

Kind regards
David

Do you really believe that it is only 3 big names we need?

What if the Club bring in 3/4 players who are not big names?

SMAXXA
07-08-2012, 06:09 PM
What's the email address? I have a proposition for hibs, offering my services free of charge.

$seriously I do need the address if someone has it.

Borderhibbie76
07-08-2012, 07:35 PM
What's the email address? I have a proposition for hibs, offering my services free of charge.

$seriously I do need the address if someone has it.
Club@hibernianfc.co.uk

SMAXXA
07-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Club@hibernianfc.co.uk

Thanks buddy

Captain Trips
08-08-2012, 08:13 AM
Credit to the OP but honestly all I want of the board is to move on. "Summer of change" among the other taglines of previous years. There by now should never be a summer of change it should be a summer of tweaks however nobody other than the board have left us with this summer of change and that is a failure.

lucky
08-08-2012, 08:45 AM
It will be the standard responses that you will get.

Hibs as a club appear to have lost direction. Our support is walking away in droves. The cup final saved us from total financial meltdown but sadly the hammering and lack of signings has further demoralised the fans. Something needs to happen or our crowds will drop below 8000. The feel good factor does not exist at Hibs anymore