PDA

View Full Version : Yams Goodwillie and Skácel (not) to sign for them (merged)

Pages : [1] 2

scott7_0(Prague)
07-08-2012, 06:53 AM
Not to make matters worse and show up our lack of ability to sign decent players, I am hearing that the YAMS are in advance stages of completing the loan signing of David Goodwillie (might be bulls*it) and a short term deal for Rudi Skácel.

Question need to be asked who is looking at our potential signing, are we trying to sign only players connected to Fenlon or Ireland, does our management have any other networks outwith Ireland?

As for them in Grogie, hear was me thinking they were skint. :rolleyes:

Tough times ahead.

Golden Bear
07-08-2012, 07:04 AM
Not to make matters worse and show up our lack of ability to sign decent players, I am hearing that the YAMS are in advance stages of completing the loan signing of David Goodwillie (might be bulls*it) and a short term deal for Rudi Skácel.

Question need to be asked who is looking at our potential signing, are we trying to sign only players connected to Fenlon or Ireland, does our management have any other networks outwith Ireland?

Tough times ahead.

You're right ------------- it might be bull *hit!

Unfortunately contracts are two way agreements and like it or not, THEY still seem to have the ability to offer more wages than we can.

CRAZYHIBBY
07-08-2012, 07:07 AM
Why dont we just eradicate hearts from this forum thats what dickbacks for

happiehibbie
07-08-2012, 07:14 AM
I can assure you the Skackel will be signing Mad Vlad has agreed a wage with him but seemingly Skackel want a bit more money and does not want to come back till end of transfer window

not heard nything about Goodwille

steakbake
07-08-2012, 07:50 AM

Unfortunately contracts are two way agreements and like it or not, THEY still seem to have the ability to offer more wages than we can.

Indeed. While their owner is a maddy with a pretend bank and ours is a respected local entrepreneur, you have to ask yourself between hibs and hearts, which is the more serious team on the pitch?

Mikey
07-08-2012, 07:52 AM
Why dont we just eradicate hearts from this forum thats what dickbacks for

Indeed. Some yam says that Skacel will be signed in the week before a derby and and Hibs fans are lapping it up.

The whole thing about Fenlon only signing Irish players, or those that have played for him before, has been disproved in every thread it's been mentioned in but Hibs fans are still willing to throw it at him.

Andy74
07-08-2012, 08:01 AM

Tough times ahead.
Any need for the stupid stuff about Fenlon? And we wonder why we achieve nowt?

scott7_0(Prague)
07-08-2012, 08:04 AM
Indeed. Some yam says that Skacel will be signed in the week before a derby and and Hibs fans are lapping it up.

The whole thing about Fenlon only signing Irish players, or those that have played for him before, has been disproved in every thread it's been mentioned in but Hibs fans are still willing to throw it at him.

WOW... sorry for opening a debate and for you missing the point :wink: and no i am not lapping it up, i am using these two potential signings for them as a debate point on what standard of player Hibs are looking at or where they are coming from.

as for signings being disproved to only Irish, yes you are right, but Fenlon has signed a few lads with the Irish connections and so far have not done much to prove that the Irish league or standard of Irish players are bring Hibs anything better then we already have/had, true?

also you must see his network is pretty limited so far.

Any need for the stupid stuff about Fenlon? And we wonder why we achieve nowt?

Stupid stuff, where?

So fair he has talk the talk but forgot to walk the walk as far as i am concerned. I for one will back PF, but he has a lot to prove, whether he can do this with the current squad or not, whether he is allowed to add to the squad, he himself has talked about standards yet nothing has changed since Colin Calderwood has left.

Andy74
07-08-2012, 08:09 AM
WOW... sorry for opening a debate and for you missing the point :wink: and no i am not lapping it up, i am using these two potential signings for them as a debate point on what standard of player Hibs are looking at or where they are coming from.

as for signings being disproved to only Irish, yes you are right, but Fenlon has signed a few lads with the Irish connections and so far have not done much to prove that the Irish league or standard of Irish players are bring Hibs anything better then we already have/had, true?

Stupid stuff, where?

So fair he has talk the talk but forgot to walk the walk as far as i am concerned. I for one will back PF, but he has a lot to prove, whether he can do this with the current squad or not, whether he is allowed to add to the squad, he himself has talked about standards yet nothing has changed since Colin Calderwood has left.

Funny way of backing him by repeating the latest pish on here about having no contacts and only signing Irish players.

scott7_0(Prague)
07-08-2012, 08:11 AM
Funny way of backing him by repeating the latest pish on here about having no contacts and only signing Irish players.

That was my question... does he have any network outwith his old players or Ireland?

VickMackie
07-08-2012, 08:11 AM
Skacel, a players they've had. Resigning him. Wow.

Goodwillie, even if we were in for him could you see Blackburn letting him come when we can barely create a chance for him to score?

SMAXXA
07-08-2012, 08:12 AM

Stupid stuff, where?

I'm not sure you can say his network is limited mate, we don't have a clue who he is looking and and tried to sign, he could have a top notch network but that means diddly if we can't offer these players a decent package. I imagine PF is very frustrated and I feel for him as a result.

Incidently, rudi signing a short term deal before a derby, bet its only for this one game lol

Famous5forever
07-08-2012, 08:18 AM

As long as we have Petrie holding the purse we are goosed, the appointmentof Paddy ( the cheap option ) was exactly what Pertie wanted as he knew Paddy would bring in players on the cheap from LOI.
The last 3 Managers have all been as bad as each other however if i was to stick my neck out i reckon Paddy will go on to be the worst ever and i even mean worse than the Duffster Jim.

On the positive side i think that when Paddy does go then Mr Teflon will have no option other than to Resign at that point we can start to rebuild properly.

marinello59
07-08-2012, 08:21 AM
As long as we have Petrie holding the purse we are goosed, the appointmentof Paddy ( the cheap option ) was exactly what Pertie wanted as he knew Paddy would bring in players on the cheap from LOI.The last 3 Managers have all been as bad as each other however if i was to stick my neck out i reckon Paddy will go on to be the worst ever and i even mean worse than the Duffster Jim.

On the positive side i think that when Paddy does go then Mr Teflon will have no option other than to Resign at that point we can start to rebuild properly.

This is nothing more than made up garbage. Dearie me, at least try and stay within touching distance of reality.

Steve20
07-08-2012, 08:23 AM

Tough times ahead.

We keep hearing every year that they are skint and won't bring in players but by the end of the window, they always do.

MSK
07-08-2012, 08:24 AM
As long as we have Petrie holding the purse we are goosed, the appointmentof Paddy ( the cheap option ) was exactly what Pertie wanted as he knew Paddy would bring in players on the cheap from LOI.The last 3 Managers have all been as bad as each other however if i was to stick my neck out i reckon Paddy will go on to be the worst ever and i even mean worse than the Duffster Jim.

On the positive side i think that when Paddy does go then Mr Teflon will have no option other than to Resign at that point we can start to rebuild properly.Another pile of steaming ***** ...:blah: ..Doyle aside ..who are those players signed on the cheap from LOI ..?...:confused:

ScottB
07-08-2012, 08:29 AM
As long as we have Petrie holding the purse we are goosed, the appointmentof Paddy ( the cheap option ) was exactly what Pertie wanted as he knew Paddy would bring in players on the cheap from LOI.
The last 3 Managers have all been as bad as each other however if i was to stick my neck out i reckon Paddy will go on to be the worst ever and i even mean worse than the Duffster Jim.

So the 1 player from LOI so far up against how many from the Premiership and Championship?

Is it too much to ask that people try and at least cling to reality?

marinello59
07-08-2012, 08:34 AM
That was my question... does he have any network outwith his old players or Ireland?

I love how 'network' has become a buzzword used on here to cast further doubt on Fenlon's ability. Maybe we should restrict our managerial appointments to the usual Largs mafia suspects in future.

scott7_0(Prague)
07-08-2012, 08:40 AM
I love how 'network' has become a buzzword used on here to cast further doubt on Fenlon's ability. Maybe we should restrict our managerial appointments to the usual Largs mafia suspects in future.

Network is a great word and so up to date, "Contacts" is so last year. :na na:

marinello59
07-08-2012, 08:43 AM
Network is a great word and so up to date, "Contacts" is so last year. :na na:

:greengrin

Ray_
07-08-2012, 08:43 AM
So the 1 player from LOI so far up against how many from the Premiership and Championship?

Is it too much to ask that people try and at least cling to reality?

I really don't care where he gets the players from, as long as it works however, if your talking about reality & the discussion is about networks then it stands to reason that starting in Irish football would count & that would seriously raise the percentage points a fair few levels.

offshorehibby
07-08-2012, 08:45 AM

Pesh,

brog
07-08-2012, 08:45 AM

Sure, he was so cheap he previously knocked back the team that horsed us on Sunday!!
Re the OP, if Yams can't pay wages for Black, Beattie etc it stretches the imagination to think they'll sign Goodwillie, even on loan. Apart from that why would he want to return to a team that finished below the team he left??

Mikey
07-08-2012, 09:08 AM

I don't know what his network is but I'm not going to make stuff up about him.

IberianHibernian
07-08-2012, 09:08 AM
Lots of negative stuff here . What about positive angle ? Hearts being linked to 2 players that failed in England and that don`t seem to get any interest from big clubs . And Goodwillie`s offfield record would hardly fit into our new idea of disciplined professionals . Both would be expensive signings too which would mean others leaving or players geting paid late again .

ScottB
07-08-2012, 09:10 AM
I really don't care where he gets the players from, as long as it works however, if your talking about reality & the discussion is about networks then it stands to reason that starting in Irish football would count & that would seriously raise the percentage points a fair few levels.

Well here he is being accused of only signings players from the LOI, and he's signed one from there. Up against what, half a dozen + from the Championship, 3 from the Premiership and 2 from Scotland?

If people want to criticise his 'network' then fine, but outright making crap up to suit that intention is daft and a waste of time.

#FromTheCapital
07-08-2012, 09:19 AM
Don't think they'l get goodwillie although he would fit in to their sex offender signing policy.

Can see them getting skacel tho, he's still not signed for anyone and he's found his level at hearts and the spl. They all love him (a bit too much) and he's been found out in any other league he's played in.

Mikey
07-08-2012, 09:22 AM
Well here is being accused of only signings players from the LOI, and he's signed one from there. Up against what, half a dozen + from the Championship, 3 from the Premiership and 2 from Scotland?

If people want to criticise his 'network' then fine, but outright making crap up to suit that intention is daft and a waste of time.

:top marks

And damaging too :agree:

JIm
07-08-2012, 09:41 AM

At least they seem to know what their doing :wink:

Bobby's Cinema
07-08-2012, 10:05 AM
Lots of negative stuff here . What about positive angle ? Hearts being linked to 2 players that failed in England and that don`t seem to get any interest from big clubs . And Goodwillie`s offfield record would hardly fit into our new idea of disciplined professionals . Both would be expensive signings too which would mean others leaving or players geting paid late again .
Got to applaud you for trying

IFONLY
07-08-2012, 10:05 AM

Tough times ahead.

According to some ****bo mates, they believe that they will also have Gordon in goals and Bednar up front. OMG you can fool some of the people some of the time etc..........

Cabbage East
07-08-2012, 10:15 AM
The difference is they will go to any lengths just to beat us, making signings before the derby, offering their players huge bonuses to beat us, etc. That's one of the many differences in recent years.

Sick of it.

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-08-2012, 10:21 AM
The difference is they will go to any lengths just to beat us, making signings before the derby, offering their players huge bonuses to beat us, etc. That's one of the many differences in recent years.

Sick of it.

This..

Have always said it (and it's true) that they don't give a flying one who they beat as long as it's us.

Small minded tawdry little club.

JIm
07-08-2012, 10:24 AM
This..

Have always said it (and it's true) that they don't give a flying one who they beat as long as it's us.

Yet they consistently beat us and finish above us. Maybe their not doing as badly as we make out. I'm sick fed up of it.

Steve20
07-08-2012, 10:25 AM
This..

Compared to us, who beat hardly anyone. Looking at derby results and recent league positions, it seems to work for them.

Hermit Crab
07-08-2012, 10:26 AM
This pair signing is complete pash, if they cant afford black, they can hardly afford skacel and badwilly ffs. The yams dream of signing skacel because they will toil without him this season. They rely heavily on one player.

The Voice Of Reason
07-08-2012, 10:27 AM

There is no point guessing on whether Fenlon has a good "network" or not. I personally couldn't give a toss if he has or hasnt hot a good network.

What I DO give a toss about is the results. Football is a results based business - would you concede that so far Fenlon's results record is poor ?

Yes, he kept us up but his win ratio must be one of the worst ever as a Hibs manager (I admit that I don't know the specific stats).

scott7_0(Prague)
07-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Yet they consistently beat us and finish above us. Maybe their not doing as badly as we make out. I'm sick fed up of it.

Tell you what I am sick of, is players/cosches/managers all coming out and talking crap before big games, then bang nothing from them on the pitch, whilst the fans turn out and support the team.

We are too soft, we dont have the fight, we dont have the winning mentality, we dont have a clue.

The Voice Of Reason
07-08-2012, 10:38 AM
Tell you what I am sick of, is players/cosches/managers all coming out and talking crap before big games, then bang nothing from them on the pitch, whilst the fans turn out and support the team.

We are too soft, we dont have the fight, we dont have the winning mentality, we dont have a clue.

Very sadly, I agree 100% with this.

I have never been more resigned to defeat before games than I am now........it is only a Tuesday and I am in a mild depression about the forthcoming defeat from HEarts that WILL happen this weekend.

Still, it won't be long until we reap the rewards of having a 20,000 capacity cracking stadium and a brilliant training facility (in which the players clearly don't do much effective "training"!)

Andy74
07-08-2012, 10:43 AM
There is no point guessing on whether Fenlon has a good "network" or not. I personally couldn't give a toss if he has or hasnt hot a good network.

What I DO give a toss about is the results. Football is a results based business - would you concede that so far Fenlon's results record is poor ?

Yes, he kept us up but his win ratio must be one of the worst ever as a Hibs manager (I admit that I don't know the specific stats).

Yes, I think it must be a poor record and with the players and the characters he was and is still left with I don't blame him for those results.

I can't believe there are some fans out there that don't realise how bad we were/are and how much on the playing side of the club needs changed.

Andy74
07-08-2012, 10:44 AM

Much of this goes for a fair part of our support as well - too soft and defeatist as well. Yes, we've been give plenty reason but some are certainly trying their best to ensure that we wallow in it for as long as possible.

Sean1875
07-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Bloody hell. The yams being linked to 1. A player that theyve had for the last few seasons and 2. A complete bull**** story about a player that would never come to Hearts, and suddenly were back to slating Fenlon over his signing targets?

Ok then, I've heard from a great source that Steven Fletcher is bored with life down south and scoring goals in the Premier League and is eager to come home to join Hibs again. Happy? :aok:

And besides, who's to say that we havent been going for big names and they've been turning us down? Realistically we have to accept that with the current state of our team, as well as Scottish football as a whole, we are not as exciting and appealing a club to come to as we all like to think.

Craig_in_Prague
07-08-2012, 10:49 AM
Much of this goes for a fair part of our support as well - too soft and defeatist as well. Yes, we've been give plenty reason but some are certainly trying their best to ensure that we wallow in it for as long as possible.

Seriously, what utter pish.

Fans too soft, fans fault. Get a **** grip.

I know you were sipping cocktails whilst our greatest rivals inflicted our worse result ever on us, but the SUPPORT that day, was fantastic... as it is on many occasions where the club need us.

it's time those accountible directly for the footballing side, got our club being competitive on the pitch - less of the talking, more of the doing!

blackpoolhibs
07-08-2012, 10:49 AM

Brilliant, now we are wallowing in it, enjoying the crap on show? And for that pleasure they charge us too, sometimes i think Macar has the right idea? :slipper:

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-08-2012, 10:55 AM

So am I mate believe me! we know what they are like and how they treat this fixture but we just don't seem to grasp the situation, almost like small frightened children, let's get ****ing tore in about them FFS!

ShanksSaidNo
07-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Excuse my ignorance but what does 'by EOW' mean?

scott7_0(Prague)
07-08-2012, 11:03 AM

Yeah cause happy, positive fans will win us games.... jesus and you had a cheek to spout that some people on here were talking pish!

Mikey
07-08-2012, 11:05 AM

It's the noise Skacel's cat makes when it's put in its cat box and taken back to Gorgie.

FACT.

FastEddieFelson
07-08-2012, 11:06 AM

end of week, i imagine

scott7_0(Prague)
07-08-2012, 11:06 AM

:greengrin End of the week.

FastEddieFelson
07-08-2012, 11:07 AM

It's the noise Skacel's cat makes when it's put in its cat box and taken back to Gorgie.

FACT.

or this

blackpoolhibs
07-08-2012, 11:12 AM

FACT.
:faf:

Yip, bloddy foreign cats cant even make the right noises, i'm surprised it doesn't bark?

Ray_
07-08-2012, 11:12 AM
Well here he is being accused of only signings players from the LOI, and he's signed one from there. Up against what, half a dozen + from the Championship, 3 from the Premiership and 2 from Scotland?

Just of the top of my head, I can think of five of his signings who have come from LOI, while PF managed there. The fact most moved on to other clubs is totally irrelevant in terms of what is being discussed regarding PF's network, therefore, you are the one who is trying to shift things to serve your own purpose, which I agree is "daft and a waste of time".

Andy74
07-08-2012, 11:21 AM
Yeah cause happy, positive fans will win us games.... jesus and you had a cheek to spout that some people on here were talking pish!

I can think of a couple of Dunferline games last season where a concerted effort by the fans to show up and be positive, noisy and supportive helped get us the result.

It's a lot better than constant negativity and going over old points and failings time and again. Is that designed to help?

Andy74
07-08-2012, 11:24 AM
Just of the top of my head, I can think of five of his signings who have come from LOI, while PF managed there. The fact most moved on to other clubs is totally irrelevant in terms of what is being discussed regarding PF's network, therefore, you are the one who is trying to shift things to serve your own purpose, which I agree is "daft and a waste of time".

It's a ridiculous concersation to be having. He obviously has knowledge of players from there but also has supplemented that by players for the Cham,ionship and Scotland - all our real markets.

I've never seen this convertation when English managers go to England for players.

scott7_0(Prague)
07-08-2012, 11:26 AM

:top marks singing from the same page. finally.

Beefster
07-08-2012, 11:34 AM
I can think of a couple of Dunferline games last season where a concerted effort by the fans to show up and be positive, noisy and supportive helped get us the result.

It's a lot better than constant negativity and going over old points and failings time and again. Is that designed to help?

I don't mind you backing Rodders/Lindsay/Fenlon/whoever, even in the face of overwhelming evidence.

I don't mind you criticising Hibs fans for not supporting the club financially, even although I'd imagine the entire point of "Let's Work Together" is to give those folk a reason to return.

What I do find milding galling is your hypocrisy regarding what you perceive as negativity from other fans. You spent months moaning about Calderwood and pining for Hughes and weren't shy in letting us all know about it. It's great that you've decided to be ultra-positive and give everyone as much time as you've decided they need but expect folk to disagree with you. Just like a lot of us did when you were being negative.

Ray_
07-08-2012, 11:38 AM
It's a ridiculous concersation to be having. He obviously has knowledge of players from there but also has supplemented that by players for the Cham,ionship and Scotland - all our real markets.

I've never seen this convertation when English managers go to England for players.

It was ridiculous to suggest that a fair amount of the players PF brought in wasn't from his time in Irish football & that was the basis of my reply to the person concerned, who suggested otherwise, however, as I said earlier, I couldn't care less where he brings them from, as long as they can do the job.

As for the second part of the quote, of course you've never seen this conversation when English managers have gone for English players, the market there is vast compared to Scotland & Ireland, so why on earth would it ever be an issue?

Twa Cairpets
07-08-2012, 11:38 AM

Question: What is more likely to help the team on the park?

a) Fans supporting the team by, well, supporting the players on the pitch?
b) Fans hurling abuse at their own team from kick off to final whistle?
c) Fans sitting on their hands wallowing in the depth of their own despair?
d) Fans taking the cream puff and not coming back due the perceived injustice of it all?

It seems like we've tried the latter three, the first one not so much.

The Modfather
07-08-2012, 11:39 AM

That's a couple of times more than the team turned up last season. When will it be a two way street, and Hibs give US something back?

ScottB
07-08-2012, 11:42 AM

The post I responded too accused him of being brought in because he would only sign cheap players from the LOI.

Are players signed from Championship or EPL clubs still cheap LOI ones because they may have started out there?

So fine then, Doyle came from LOI, Deegan, Doherty started out there. Did O'Donavan?

McPake, Griffiths, Clancy, Williams, Cairney, Soares, Claros, Kujabi et all came from where?

I stand by my original post, to say he has only signed players from the LOI or started there is utter nonsense.

ScottB
07-08-2012, 11:45 AM
:top marks singing from the same page. finally.

Aye. A daft one.

I fail to see the issue, even if it was true. Calderwood plundered the English divisions, Hughes mostly his former club, Mowbray the leagues he was familiar with. Is it now a sign of weakness for a manager to sign players he has seen in close quarters for extended periods of time? What exactly is the preferred .net method for identifying players these days then?

Steve20
07-08-2012, 11:46 AM

d) Fans taking the cream puff and not coming back due the perceived injustice of it all?

I would say we've done the first one more than the other three at the matches. However, if it makes some people feel better partly blaming the supporters for the team being utter dross, then so be it.

blackpoolhibs
07-08-2012, 11:49 AM
I would say we've done the first one more than the other three at the matches. However, if it makes some people feel better partly blaming the supporters for the team being utter dross, then so be it.

:agree: In fact that last clown even commented on just how good the support was? As usual its the fans who are to blame the teams sheite, despite buying more season tickets?

All while the board go from one disastrous managerial appointment to the next, not saying this one is.

scott7_0(Prague)
07-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Aye. A daft one.

I fail to see the issue, even if it was true. Calderwood plundered the English divisions, Hughes mostly his former club, Mowbray the leagues he was familiar with. Is it now a sign of weakness for a manager to sign players he has seen in close quarters for extended periods of time? What exactly is the preferred .net method for identifying players these days then?

Daft you say... Fenlons squad is shaping up in the similar mould to Duffy's squad. I have no issues where Fenlon gets his players, but i do question the standard of players that he is bringing in, LOI is in my opinion not as skillful, competitive or as good standard as the SPL so it would take somethign special from LOI (or a player who has played there in teh past) to help Hibs in the time of need.

Mikey
07-08-2012, 11:53 AM

I have no issues where Fenlon gets his players

Make your mind up eh.

ScottB
07-08-2012, 11:55 AM
Daft you say... Fenlons squad is shaping up in the similar mould to Duffy's squad. I have no issues where Fenlon gets his players, but i do question the standard of players that he is bringing in, LOI is in my opinion not as skillful, competitive or as good standard as the SPL so it would take somethign special from LOI (or a player who has played there in teh past) to help Hibs in the time of need.

I would agree that in general the LOI is probably weaker, but given that we've only signed one player straight from there, with the others having played well at higher levels than the SPL, I fail to see what makes it an issue.

I think our squad is weak because of those that are still here, not those Fenlon has signed this summer; Williams, McPake, Cairney, Griffiths and hopefully Deegan all seem good signings to me.

scott7_0(Prague)
07-08-2012, 11:57 AM
Make your mind up eh.

You conveniently forgot to add...
I have no issues where Fenlon gets his players, but i do question the standard of players that he is bringing in,

As i said, IF the standard is better than we have now, and make Hibs a better team he can sign all of LOI, but it isnt and we are looking very vulnerable.

WhileTheChief..
07-08-2012, 11:58 AM

If there's a problem with the Hibs' support it's that we are far too forgiving and accept mediocrity and defeat too easily.

We constantly make excuses for poor players and performances with the mantra that we are in transition and need more time.

We have at least half a dozen players that should be nowhere near the first team and yet if someone criticises them on here we get stuff like 'ah but remember that cross he made...' as if this is acceptable.

I think as a fan base we are actually pretty damn good. We turn out in good numbers and although ER has a crappy atmosphehre these days I think generally the players get off pretty lightly.

We need to toughen up as a support and demand better.

scott7_0(Prague)
07-08-2012, 11:59 AM
I would agree that in general the LOI is probably weaker, but given that we've only signed one player straight from there, with the others having played well at higher levels than the SPL, I fail to see what makes it an issue.

I think our squad is weak because of those that are still here, not those Fenlon has signed this summer; Williams, McPake, Cairney, Griffiths and hopefully Deegan all seem good signings to me.

But have they played at a higher level, not i am not sure, but the loan players were fringe players at most and again dont qoute me but didnt have any or very little games for their host teams in the first team.... no?

Famous5forever
07-08-2012, 12:06 PM
If there's a problem with the Hibs' support it's that we are far too forgiving and accept mediocrity and defeat too easily.

We constantly make excuses for poor players and performances with the mantra that we are in transition and need more time.

We have at least half a dozen players that should be nowhere near the first team and yet if someone criticises them on here we get stuff like 'ah but remember that cross he made...' as if this is acceptable.

I think as a fan base we are actually pretty damn good. We turn out in good numbers and although ER has a crappy atmosphehre these days I think generally the players get off pretty lightly.

We need to toughen up as a support and demand better.

The reason the atmoshere is dire is because it is only about a 3rd full for most games and we all know who to blame for that is the building of the last stand was madness it was not needed thanks Petrie not only did you ruin the team you ruined the atmoshere at our home games.
I Am not sure what percentage home wins we have had since the last stand was constructed but it cant be very high but still Don Telon Petrie is holding the purse strings.

marinello59
07-08-2012, 12:10 PM
The reason the atmoshere is dire is because it is only about a 3rd full for most games and we all know who to blame for that is the building of the last stand was madness it was not needed thanks Petrie not only did you ruin the team you ruined the atmoshere at our home games.
I Am not sure what percentage home wins we have had since the last stand was constructed but it cant be very high but still Don Telon Petrie is holding the purse strings.

Laughable.

Ray_
07-08-2012, 12:19 PM
The post I responded too accused him of being brought in because he would only sign cheap players from the LOI.

Are players signed from Championship or EPL clubs still cheap LOI ones because they may have started out there?

So fine then, Doyle came from LOI, Deegan, Doherty started out there. Did O'Donavan?

McPake, Griffiths, Clancy, Williams, Cairney, Soares, Claros, Kujabi et all came from where?

I stand by my original post, to say he has only signed players from the LOI or started there is utter nonsense.

Yes, Cork, Clancy also played in Ireland.

scott7_0(Prague)
07-08-2012, 12:23 PM

Clancy - Irish
Doyle - Irish
O'Donovan - Irish
Deegan - Irish
Doherty – Irish
McPake - Irish :wink:

Williams – English
Francombe - English
Soares - English

Cairney, - Scottish
Griffiths - Scottish

Claros - Honduran
Kujabi - Gambian

truehibernian

I would disagree with that mate - I think it was our last opportunity to comply with planning, and the market was such that the cost to build was favourable. My problems with Rod at present has nothing to do with the infrastructure of the club (as in stadium, training centre, etc). A football club must have these in place for future generations of supporters. On that front Hibernian are ahead of their rivals. Easter Road looks fantastic, as does East Mains. And it will continue to do so for the next 20-30 years.

Where our problems lie is in the fact that we have those at the helm that have failed in their recruiting duties, marketing plans and vision of the football club. Coaching investment has been cut, scouting networks are quite poor, managerial appointments and players signed have been a hotchpotch of journeymen, loanees, strays and cast-offs. Each managerial sacking has meant the incoming manager has to cull or perform surgery at a horrible time of the season (January usually). You cannot build a competitive workforce on this principle.

Petrie, just by his very nature, is quite a 'behind the scenes' chairman - you never ever feel passion in his voice, whereas if you heard Geoff Brown, Eddie Thompson (his son too), or Stewart Gilmour you sensed a very real football fan over-riding their chairman shoes.

The Hibernian Board are like the team - stale and stagnant - it needs fresh ideas, younger minds, football focused energy, and an injection of adrenalin.

Quite simply Rod and Scott need to be thanked for their efforts (especially Rod's years of service and stewardship), step away from the table, and Sir Tom has to now get involved in bringing in the next generation of Board members - I'm quite sure he wanted his firms over the years to be dynamic and ahead of its rivals and that heads were often on the block if targets were not met. Hibernian should be no different.

New broom at the top and you will see an immediate change at Hibs - I'm utterly convinced of that.

Hermit Crab

Hang on are you saying that new stand plays a part in tactics and player motivation?? Or maybe its some sort of a jinx. Or maybe we are pish because theres a hearts top buried under the east stand............ complete pash mate. No we are pish because we have signed very average at best players.

ScottB
07-08-2012, 12:27 PM

Yes, clearly he is just a cheap unskilled LOI of Ireland player and not an experienced SPL player with clubs regularly beating us then.

Here's some straws, go clutch at them.

Twa Cairpets
07-08-2012, 12:31 PM

You must be sitting in a particularly small part of the ground then.
Also, you didnt answer the question. What is more likely to encourage the team? Some red-faced buffoon hurling spittle-flecked abuse or supporters actively encouraging? Finally, its not a black and white decision, and for anyone to claim that the supporters are not at least an element of the problem is an ostrich impersonator.

Andy74
07-08-2012, 12:40 PM

Clancy played for youth teams only in Ireland. his senior career started at Millwall.

Out of the 13 or so players he has signed 4 have played in the LoI. 2 of those were signed from Championship or League One teams, 1 from an EPL team and 1 from the LoI.

SneakersO'Toole
07-08-2012, 12:46 PM
I would disagree with that mate - I think it was our last opportunity to comply with planning, and the market was such that the cost to build was favourable. My problems with Rod at present has nothing to do with the infrastructure of the club (as in stadium, training centre, etc). A football club must have these in place for future generations of supporters. On that front Hibernian are ahead of their rivals. Easter Road looks fantastic, as does East Mains. And it will continue to do so for the next 20-30 years.

Where our problems lie is in the fact that we have those at the helm that have failed in their recruiting duties, marketing plans and vision of the football club. Coaching investment has been cut, scouting networks are quite poor, managerial appointments and players signed have been a hotchpotch of journeymen, loanees, strays and cast-offs. Each managerial sacking has meant the incoming manager has to cull or perform surgery at a horrible time of the season (January usually). You cannot build a competitive workforce on this principle.

Petrie, just by his very nature, is quite a 'behind the scenes' chairman - you never ever feel passion in his voice, whereas if you heard Geoff Brown, Eddie Thompson (his son too), or Stewart Gilmour you sensed a very real football fan over-riding their chairman shoes.

The Hibernian Board are like the team - stale and stagnant - it needs fresh ideas, younger minds, football focused energy, and an injection of adrenalin.

Quite simply Rod and Scott need to be thanked for their efforts (especially Rod's years of service and stewardship), step away from the table, and Sir Tom has to now get involved in bringing in the next generation of Board members - I'm quite sure he wanted his firms over the years to be dynamic and ahead of its rivals and that heads were often on the block if targets were not met. Hibernian should be no different.

New broom at the top and you will see an immediate change at Hibs - I'm utterly convinced of that.

As usual TH, spot on. Great post.

Unfortunately though I can't see it happening anytime soon because as you've illustrated above, we dont football men at the top of the tree.

scott7_0(Prague)
07-08-2012, 12:48 PM
Clancy played for youth teams only in Ireland. his senior career started at Millwall.

Out of the 13 or so players he has signed 4 have played in the LoI. 2 of those were signed from Championship or League One teams, 1 from an EPL team and 1 from the LoI.

Clancy,
2003–2004 Millwall No Appearances
2003–2004 → (Loan) Weymouth 2 Appearances
2007–2011 Kilmarnock 66 Appearances
2011–2012 Motherwell 26 Appearances
2012– Hibernian 1 Appearances

Twa Cairpets
07-08-2012, 01:04 PM
As usual TH, spot on. Great post.

Unfortunately though I can't see it happening anytime soon because as you've illustrated above, we dont football men at the top of the tree.

As it happens, I think freshening the board is required, but I dread this canard of "football men". Jim Duffy is a "football man" - do you want him? Willie Miller is a "football man" - how did it work out for him?

Why would being a professional player in any way be a help in your ability to run a business? If you want someone who is talented at scouting players, go for a talented scout on his merits as a scout, not as an ex player. Wouldn't it be better getting an experienced football agent in to manage negotiations for contracts? Bottom line get people in who can do their job well, regardless of their background. The ownership of the club should have true fan input though, poss even as non-execs.

big-mo
07-08-2012, 01:20 PM
I think that Dundee United had more Irishmen playing for them on Sunday than we did, so the LOI thing does not really stand up.

During the TV commentary they went on about United hoping to have Daly, Mackay-Steven and Russell still with them at the end of the transfer window, I don't there is anyone that would want any of our players, however the saddest part of that is that Hibs had Mackay-Steven and Russell as kids but let the go.

truehibernian
07-08-2012, 01:21 PM
As it happens, I think freshening the board is required, but I dread this canard of "football men". Jim Duffy is a "football man" - do you want him? Willie Miller is a "football man" - how did it work out for him?

Why would being a professional player in any way be a help in your ability to run a business? If you want someone who is talented at scouting players, go for a talented scout on his merits as a scout, not as an ex player. Wouldn't it be better getting an experienced football agent in to manage negotiations for contracts? Bottom line get people in who can do their job well, regardless of their background. The ownership of the club should have true fan input though, poss even as non-execs.

That was not my point though mate - I understand your point, but what I think a football club needs is a chairman/owner who not only loves the game, but you get the sense that when the manager is talking about targets, they (the chairman themselves) are that keen on football that they take a drive to a game to watch the players we are after for themselves - I always get the feeling with Stephen Thompson in particular that he lives and breathes Dundee Utd and football, and if Houston said they liked a Division 2 player, he's jump in his car and watch a SFL2 game to see for himself.

If fans see emotion, energy and drive from an owner or chairman, they do tend to buy into it - all us Hibs fans see is a quite passive, yet divisive Rod and the humour value in his nickname - do you ever hear passion in his voice when he speaks about Hibs ? Last time I heard him he and Stuart Lovell argued when Stuart rightly challenged him over his recent failings and the lack of quality at Hibs. Even then that was personal - there was no real rally cry before the final - it was purely business !

As for a football man at Hibs - I think you have to have someone with experience and knowledge of the game - look at Falkirk for example. I think it was a wee masterstroke getting Alex Smith on board with his wealth of knowledge and experience. Remember, these guys still visit the parents of kids who they want to sign, as well as act as a buffer between board and manager, as well as scout and go to games, as well as link in with the fans.

If you ever ever get the chance, go to a Livingston game and have a blether with Gordon McDougall and then compare to Rod Petrie ? That should tell you why a large large number of youngsters are taking the option of going to Livingston and not Hibs (as an example). There is a freshness there - however do not get me started on John Hughes :greengrin

Mikey
07-08-2012, 01:30 PM
and if Houston said they liked a Division 2 player, he's jump in his car and watch a SFL2 game to see for himself.

Are you saying that Thomson would jump in the car and go and see him for himself?

If RP did that we'd be ordering up a new server :greengrin

BEEJ
07-08-2012, 01:32 PM
I think that Dundee United had more Irishmen playing for them on Sunday than we did, so the LOI does not really stand up.

During the TV commentary they went on about United hoping to have Daly, Mackay-Steven and Russell still with them at the end of the transfer window, I don't there is anyone that would want any of our players, however the saddest part of that is that Hibs had Mackay-Steven and Russell as kids but let the go.
If true, that is indeed the saddest aspect of Sunday's game. :agree:

Nando™
07-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Dunno why people get surprised when they sign players like this. They have someone else's money to spend, so they are able to buy players they can't afford and, hence, buy these trophies.

You'd think folk would realise this by now.

Del Boy
07-08-2012, 01:42 PM
I think that Dundee United had more Irishmen playing for them on Sunday than we did, so the LOI thing does not really stand up.

are you sure about that? if so must have been at a very young age in both cases as Russell came through from UNited's youth team and GMS was signed by Liverpool from Ross County's youth team!

brog
07-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Anyone know anything about Goodwillie or Skacel? This forum is worse than the team, it doesn't matter what the thread title is you'll find the usual suspects arguing about something completely different & sometimes with themselves!! Admins, please help!!!

Famous5forever
07-08-2012, 01:54 PM

Good post i guess if we could improve the results and performances the atmosphere would return, i guess we are all looking for a quick fix and unless the club is sold to some wealthy Billionare who has money to throw around like confetti then that aint going to happen.

Bobby's Cinema
07-08-2012, 02:04 PM

Can we please, end this utter bull**** whereby the fans are even the smallest bit responsible for the ridiculous position we're in. The three most recent matches, not counting the nothing final game of the season; Dunfermline, that game and on Sunday the fans were tremendous. In numbers and vocally. I don't know why I'm bothering justifying it, but I'm sick fed up of hearing it.

Absolutley ludicrous FFS.

Please drop it.

Crazyhorse
07-08-2012, 02:08 PM

I agree with all of that. I think the main hope for Hibs is that Petrie moves full time into SFA or UEFA hierarchies. He's done a good job for the club in respect to infrastructure development but in my view doesn't seem to be the man to lead the club on to next stage of its development football wise.

khib70
07-08-2012, 02:08 PM
I don't mind you backing Rodders/Lindsay/Fenlon/whoever, even in the face of overwhelming evidence.

I don't mind you criticising Hibs fans for not supporting the club financially, even although I'd imagine the entire point of "Let's Work Together" is to give those folk a reason to return.

What I do find milding galling is your hypocrisy regarding what you perceive as negativity from other fans. You spent months moaning about Calderwood and pining for Hughes and weren't shy in letting us all know about it. It's great that you've decided to be ultra-positive and give everyone as much time as you've decided they need but expect folk to disagree with you. Just like a lot of us did when you were being negative.
:agree:Well said. Hypocrisy central. And he was the biggest drum-banger for building stands and training centres instead of improving the squad.

That worked, eh?

I'm sick and tired of seeing good Hibees on here slagged off by the pertpetual optimists for having the temerity to point out that we are currently worse than we've been in 50 years, and that our manager has an appalling record, with no signs of improvement visible. I'm all for positivity when there's something to be positive about. When there isn't , it's just head in the sand cheerleading, and blatant attention-seeking uberfandom.

Twa Cairpets
07-08-2012, 02:10 PM
That was not my point though mate - I understand your point, but what I think a football club needs is a chairman/owner who not only loves the game, but you get the sense that when the manager is talking about targets, they (the chairman themselves) are that keen on football that they take a drive to a game to watch the players we are after for themselves - I always get the feeling with Stephen Thompson in particular that he lives and breathes Dundee Utd and football, and if Houston said they liked a Division 2 player, he's jump in his car and watch a SFL2 game to see for himself.

If fans see emotion, energy and drive from an owner or chairman, they do tend to buy into it - all us Hibs fans see is a quite passive, yet divisive Rod and the humour value in his nickname - do you ever hear passion in his voice when he speaks about Hibs ? Last time I heard him he and Stuart Lovell argued when Stuart rightly challenged him over his recent failings and the lack of quality at Hibs. Even then that was personal - there was no real rally cry before the final - it was purely business !

As for a football man at Hibs - I think you have to have someone with experience and knowledge of the game - look at Falkirk for example. I think it was a wee masterstroke getting Alex Smith on board with his wealth of knowledge and experience. Remember, these guys still visit the parents of kids who they want to sign, as well as act as a buffer between board and manager, as well as scout and go to games, as well as link in with the fans.

If you ever ever get the chance, go to a Livingston game and have a blether with Gordon McDougall and then compare to Rod Petrie ? That should tell you why a large large number of youngsters are taking the option of going to Livingston and not Hibs (as an example). There is a freshness there - however do not get me started on John Hughes :greengrin

Fair post. Don't know if Id want a chairman having a say in whether or not a footballer had the right technical merits though, I'd prefer to leave that to a football manager. As for Livi, yes, I think getting JC (yogi not so much) was/is a masterstroke.

Maybe Petrie is an ass, I dont know, but there's no doubt we could do a lot worse.

Steve20
07-08-2012, 02:11 PM
You must be sitting in a particularly small part of the ground then.
Also, you didnt answer the question. What is more likely to encourage the team? Some red-faced buffoon hurling spittle-flecked abuse or supporters actively encouraging? Finally, its not a black and white decision, and for anyone to claim that the supporters are not at least an element of the problem is an ostrich impersonator.

Getting behind the team is obviously going to be more helpful and the supporters have done that. It hasn't helped the team perform like football players.

I would say anyone that thinks the supporters who have paid their hard earned cash are part of the problem are looking to partly defend the pathetic performances our players produce. Or are on the wind up.

Cropley10
07-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Can we please, end this utter bull**** whereby the fans are even the smallest bit responsible for the ridiculous position we're in. The three most recent matches, not counting the nothing final game of the season; Dunfermline, that game and on Sunday the fans were tremendous. In numbers and vocally. I don't know why I'm bothering justifying it, but I'm sick fed up of hearing it.

Please drop it.

Well said

Twa Cairpets
07-08-2012, 02:20 PM

Please drop it.

1) Dunfermline full house in crunch game that we were three up in what, 10 mins. Of course we're going to be happy and supportive
2) Cup Final v Hearts. That'd be a deeply sad day if we weren't up for that.
3) Dundee Utd - cant really comment, wasnt there, but on TV didn't sound like a raucous 90 minutes

Taking these out of the equation, ER has been deathly for game after game after game over the last 2 years. Players booed when they've gone off, players getting absolute dogs abuse when they go near the touchline - if you claim this doesn't happen you're at it. You're also completely wrong if you believe this doesn't affect players on the pitch. of course it does. How would you like to be told you're a f****** useless c*** for 90 minutes, every week, by the people who purport to be on your side?

I said on another thread that I don't think there is a club I've been to to watch a game (around 60 English grounds across all divisions) where the fans heap such abuse on their own team, regardless of the situation they find themselves in. (Except S****horpe for some reason. Horrible, horrible place).

blackpoolhibs
07-08-2012, 02:21 PM

Please drop it.

:agree: Blame the fans when all else fails. :rolleyes:

Twa Cairpets
07-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Getting behind the team is obviously going to be more helpful and the supporters have done that. It hasn't helped the team perform like football players.

I would say anyone that thinks the supporters who have paid their hard earned cash are part of the problem are looking to partly defend the pathetic performances our players produce. Or are on the wind up.

Some have, thousands upon thousand haven't. I'm not blaming everyone, I'm not even saying it is the major cause, but it is a factor. I ask again. Is a player going to be better in an environment where a mistake is met with howls of derision from his own supporters, or one where this doesn't happen?

I dont see the problem here.

Jones28
07-08-2012, 02:26 PM

Please drop it.

Quite agree,

the notion that we as fans are the tiniest bit responsible for the team on the pitch and the way they're playing is mad. The game against Dunfermline was strange because it was the first time for a while that it felt as though the whole support were together and really up for a game. The support carried them through. The final was a case of completely ****ting it in the face of how big the game was.

Bobby's Cinema
07-08-2012, 02:27 PM
1) Dunfermline full house in crunch game that we were three up in what, 10 mins. Of course we're going to be happy and supportive
3) Dundee Utd - cant really comment, wasnt there, but on TV didn't sound like a raucous 90 minutes

Taking these out of the equation, ER has been deathly for game after game after game over the last 2 years. Players booed when they've gone off, players getting absolute dogs abuse when they go near the touchline - if you claim this doesn't happen you're at it. You're also completely wrong if you believe this doesn't affect players on the pitch. of course it does. How would you like to be told you're a f****** useless c*** for 90 minutes, every week, by the people who purport to be on your side?

I said on another thread that I don't think there is a club I've been to to watch a game (around 60 English grounds across all divisions) where the fans heap such abuse on their own team, regardless of the situation they find themselves in. (Except S****horpe for some reason. Horrible, horrible place).
:brickwall Deary me. I can't be bothered going into this. For what It's worth I couldn't believe how patient the Hibs fans were on Sunday. Probably most more than me.

Twa Cairpets
07-08-2012, 02:39 PM
Quite agree,

the notion that we as fans are the tiniest bit responsible for the team on the pitch and the way they're playing is mad. The game against Dunfermline was strange because it was the first time for a while that it felt as though the whole support were together and really up for a game. The support carried them through. The final was a case of completely ****ting it in the face of how big the game was.

And you make my point...

Twa Cairpets
07-08-2012, 02:41 PM
:brickwall Deary me. I can't be bothered going into this. For what It's worth I couldn't believe how patient the Hibs fans were on Sunday. Probably most more than me.

Don't go into it then.
This is my experience of Hibs and other clubs. When we're up we're brilliant, when we're not, we don't help the cause.

marinello59
07-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Quite agree,

Have you been watching the Olympics? Athlete after athlete remarking on how much the positive support they are getting helps them to improve their performance.

Nando™
07-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Quite agree,

Make your mind up.

offshorehibby
07-08-2012, 02:54 PM

Completely agree on the abuse bit. Some people at Easter Road seem to think it's fine and acceptable to hurl abuse, F'ing & Blinding at players and can't seem to understand why their heads go down.

Andy74
07-08-2012, 03:42 PM

I wasn't being negative about Hibs at all during that time - I was quite clear that Calderwood was a disaster, which he was, and it is largely why we are where we are now. I made my point on that well into his time here and after he had a couple of windows to try and address things.

I wasn't pining for Hughes, a fact I made several times but no-one really listened to that point, what I was saying though was that there were many perople supporting Calderwood when what we were producing under Hughes was clearly better.

What I also wasn't doing was trying to drag down anyone with anyting positive to say, several times a day, or making up lies to try and destabilise people and the club.

Fenlon's whole attitude and approach is night and day from Caderwood and having been through all that we are now at a crucial point where we need to provide support to the club to turn it around.

Just Alf
07-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Some have, thousands upon thousand haven't. I'm not blaming everyone, I'm not even saying it is the major cause, but it is a factor. I ask again. Is a player going to be better in an environment where a mistake is met with howls of derision from his own supporters, or one where this doesn't happen?

I dont see the problem here.

Terry Butcher said as much in a radio interview last season.... he was waxing lyrical about their 12th man and how it helped add a little grit to ICT, he then went on to say how that wasn't there when they went to ER and that helped his guys get an "edge".... there were a couple of other managers in the studio and they said essentially the same thing... support behind you no matter what, gives you an edge, support not there or (god help us) against you was almost like going down to 10 men with no spur of "injustice" to make up for it.

It's not the only, or even main, reason but we do play a part.

Famous5forever
07-08-2012, 03:57 PM
:agree: Blame the fans when all else fails. :rolleyes:

All else has failed again, just like with CC Just like with Yogi, just like with Mixu, one almighty mess up after another. well he wont get away with blaming the fans at the AGM If he has the nerve to turn up.
Petrie your time is up thanks for the good things you have done, but please leave with dignity so our club can get out of this mess you have made of it.

Ray_
07-08-2012, 04:19 PM
I wasn't being negative about Hibs at all during that time - I was quite clear that Calderwood was a disaster, which he was, and it is largely why we are where we are now. I made my point on that well into his time here and after he had a couple of windows to try and address things.

I wasn't pining for Hughes, a fact I made several times but no-one really listened to that point, what I was saying though was that there were many perople supporting Calderwood when what we were producing under Hughes was clearly better.

What I also wasn't doing was trying to drag down anyone with anyting positive to say, several times a day, or making up lies to try and destabilise people and the club.

Fenlon's whole attitude and approach is night and day from Caderwood and having been through all that we are now at a crucial point where we need to provide support to the club to turn it around.

We were garbage long before Calderwood came to town and we are garbage long after he left, I think the problem has always been a lot closer to home & you have [almost] always defended him with gusto.

Beefster
07-08-2012, 04:26 PM

As an evidence-based man, I'd have thought that you would have been better than coming up with meaningless 'facts'. To counter your anecdotes, I've been to a few Premiership games over the years and, pretty much without fail, if a team is playing crap then their support grumble, shout and moan.

Fenlon's attitude is irrelevant IMHO. His approach matters only in how he prepares the team and sets them up to play and the evidence isn't great for both so far. His record matters most and, to date, it's woeful. 7000+ of us have supported the club (yet again). It's now up to them to turn it around.

There seems to be this myth taking hold that the players get abused by the entire crowd from kick-off until final whistle. It's rubbish.

Andy74
07-08-2012, 04:26 PM
We were garbage long before Calderwood came to town and we are garbage long after he left, I think the problem has always been a lot closer to home & you have [almost] always defended him with gusto.

Not really, we were only garbage from around mid February before Calderwood.

Up to then we were doing just fine. Arguably if we had not been sniping away at that team even when they were doing well, we might have been a bit more supportive of the team when they had a bad spell instead of being so quick to jump all over them. Confidence wise and relationship wise with the fans/team we have now got the point we have.

Anyway, I was quite clear after Rod made the mistake of backing CC that he had to get this appointment right, or Hibs did anyway, or he would have to thake the responsibility and leave as well.

Andy74
07-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Fenlon's attitude is irrelevant IMHO. His approach matters only in how he prepares the team and sets them up to play and the evidence isn't great for both so far. His record matters most and, to date, it's woeful. 7000+ of us have supported the club (yet again). It's now up to them to turn it around.

That's not true and that ignores what is at the core of how we are struggling. His approach to the whole football side and the changes he is trying to make in the players he is bringing in is absolutely crucual and this is why I am willing to accept the short term results and performances.

Thecat23
07-08-2012, 04:30 PM

The way you felt about CC ruining our club that's how we feel about Rod Andy. So when people can't see it and start calling us negative towards the club it really pisses us all off. I'm honestly telling you, that Rod has had his time and when he goes I truly believe you will see a better Hibs only time will tell.

Regarding Hughes his stuff was better to watch over CC's garbage but he was a very poor manager who if your face didn't fit you had no chance and he was very vocal as well towards players he didn't like.

HibbyAndy
07-08-2012, 04:31 PM
That's not true and that ignores what is at the core of how we are struggling. His approach to the whole football side and the changes he is trying to make in the players he is bringing in is absolutely crucual and this is why I am willing to accept the short term results and performances.

Say we are bottom of the league come xmas or mid February do we sack Fenlon?..Or do we persist with the whole long term changing the culture thing hoping it will all come good.

Its a results based business and Fenlon isn't setting the heather alight.

Andy74
07-08-2012, 04:33 PM
The way you felt about CC ruining our club that's how we feel about Rod Andy. So when people can't see it and start calling us negative towards the club it really pisses us all off. I'm honestly telling you, that Rod has had his time and when he goes I truly believe you will see a better Hibs only time will tell.

Regarding Hughes his stuff was better to watch over CC's garbage but he was a very poor manager who if your face didn't fit you had no chance and he was very vocal as well towards players he didn't like.

You need to get the evidence right about Rod though - I don't see too much accuracy in most of that so far! The target has also moved to Fenlon now though, in present cirumstances, and having heard him talk a few weeks ago, that is extremely premature!

Andy74
07-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Say we are bottom of the league come xmas or mid February do we sack Fenlon?..Or do we persist with the whole long term changing the culture thing hoping it will all come good.

Its a results based business and Fenlon isn't setting the heather alight.

I guess it depends what he is allowed to do - if he is told now to bring in no new players then he has to be allowed to implement his plans in the timescales he is given.

It won't be his fault that he has to play the likes of Sproule and Wotherspoon every week.

If he manages to change most of the team and we are bottom of the league then you'd have to wory then. And we'd need to really worry then as we might as well shut the doors if we need to change a manager and playing staff again with crowds of what will be down under 5,000 by that point.

Thecat23
07-08-2012, 04:44 PM
You need to get the evidence right about Rod though - I don't see too much accuracy in most of that so far! The target has also moved to Fenlon now though, in present cirumstances, and having heard him talk a few weeks ago, that is extremely premature!

The evidence is in front of us all. His poor appointments that has cost us dearly.

Fenlon I have backed from the start, not sure how it will pan out but I think he's very niave tactically but I don't think he should be sacked.

Wotherspiniesta
07-08-2012, 05:20 PM
Hearts are skint.

They've got a debt upcoming for roughly £1.5M.

jane_says
07-08-2012, 05:35 PM

Watched the game on tv on Sunday and right after the first went in i'm sure i heard 'we are hibernian fc...' getting sung.

Went to a Southampton game against Cardiff last year and they were hounding their players after going one down. And they were top of the league ffs!!!!!

After the final and the amount of st's sold for next year the last people responsible for our s***e team is the fans.

HibbyAndy
07-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Watched the game on tv on Sunday and right after the first went in i'm sure i heard 'we are hibernian fc...' getting sung.

Went to a Southampton game against Cardiff last year and they were hounding their players after going one down. And they were top of the league ffs!!!!!

After the final and the amount of st's sold for next year the last people responsible for our s***e team is the fans.

You better believe we did, And when the 2nd goal went in Dundee utd sang ' Can you hear the Hibees sing' Cue 2 seconds later WE ARE HIBERNIAN FC!!!!

The support on Sunday was fantastic.

But dont let hearsay get in the way that we are the only team in the world that has fans that dont back their team.

Wellbankhibby
07-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Just wondered if I was missing something. How is it Possible that Rangers are able to sign all these Players and the Yams are linked with Goodwillie and the resigning of Skachel. Both of these teams are reported to have BIG Money problems. As for our own club we desperately need to sign some quality players Centre Half, hard ball winner midfield and a creative midfield player add to this a couple of speedy wingers and another target Man /Striker. We were well outplayed by a good Utd side but thats no excuse for our very poor display. We have to improve QUICKLY. :confused:

Amit
07-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Something is rotten at the club. I agree managers need time 2-3 years to embed the direction they wish to take the club in. However, we need to see progress.

Fenlon let something slip in saying that we have lost out on a number of quality players because of finances... For RP to have previously stated that we have the 4th largest budget etc in the premier league (after celtic, old gers and ****bos) doesn't add up... Something stinks and it's definitely coming from the top... Thanks Rod but time to go...

When we get horsed by the Yams on Sunday, it'll be clear the gulf in quality between the two teams. If Hibs supporters sit there and accept this then 1st division here we come.

However, a no confidence vote in the board may help to signal that we want a change... from the top

Mikey
07-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Something is rotten at the club. I agree managers need time 2-3 years to embed the direction they wish to take the club in. However, we need to see progress.

Fenlon let something slip in saying that we have lost out on a number of quality players because of finances... For RP to have previously stated that we have the 4th largest budget etc in the premier league (after celtic, old gers and ****bos) doesn't add up... Something stinks and it's definitely coming from the top... Thanks Rod but time to go...

When we get horsed by the Yams on Sunday, it'll be clear the gulf in quality between the two teams. If Hibs supporters sit there and accept this then 1st division here we come.

However, a no confidence vote in the board may help to signal that we want a change... from the top

Evening sir :greengrin

It's League 1 clubs that he said were outbidding us, and that'll be purely down to the amount of money Sky pumps into English football.

Amit
07-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Evening sir :greengrin

It's League 1 clubs that he said were outbidding us, and that'll be purely down to the amount of money Sky pumps into English football.

Evening! Ah well, that's fair enough. Although, I would've liked us to get Jonny Hayes. Exactly what we've been crying out for.

Even so, with the 4th largest budget finishing 11th doesn't add up. Far too much money wasted over the last 5 years.

Sweet Left Peg
07-08-2012, 06:35 PM

Good post. In particular the second paragraph. All the infrastructure is there to support a successful team when it arrives and I do believe it will come. A lot of clubs will look on with envy at what we have built, but we don't have to worry about doing it. It is there. I am as frustrated as everyone else that we have been languishing in the doldrums for so long, but it could be a hell of a lot worse.

The comment about the cut in coaching budget was interesting, as I think we have definitely missed John Park since he left for the West. Mowbray had the team playing the type of football we all crave, but most of his team were kids who were already here. Who prepared them for first team action in the years prior? Not Mowbray. He signed a few good uns and a few bad, but the best ones were the ones that were already here. They kids completely bought into his philosophy and if everyone stayed together, then who knows where it might have taken the club. However, these days, money talks. And we have a completed stadium and a cracking training center. How well have our home grown talent progressed recently? Now that the bricks and mortar are in place, I think we should be looking at solidifying our reputation as a club that nurtures the best young talent around and becoming, as far as possible, a self sufficient football club. That will take another 15 years but that is where we should be heading for.

In the short term, let's get right intae these Jambo Bassas.........

Nando™
07-08-2012, 07:45 PM
Hearts are skint.

They've got a debt upcoming for roughly £1.5M.

The club is skint, but Romanov isn't. It's PHREEEE MUNNYYYYYYY.

Game's rooked.

Twa Cairpets
07-08-2012, 08:04 PM
You better believe we did, And when the 2nd goal went in Dundee utd sang ' Can you hear the Hibees sing' Cue 2 seconds later WE ARE HIBERNIAN FC!!!!

The support on Sunday was fantastic.

But dont let hearsay get in the way that we are the only team in the world that has fans that dont back their team.

No need to let what I actually said get in the way of what you seemingly read it as either:

For clarification:

1) When we're up as fans we're great: Aberdeen semi, Dunfy game, Ayr away in cup being prime examples. When we're down our default position tends to be, amongst a sizable proportion of the support, to turn on the team. Not everyone, and not so much away from home, but at ER this is undeniable.
2) I'm not saying the fans are solely or even predominantly to blame for the position the club is in. Some fans have an element of culpability as they are utterly negative and unpleasant. They are an element of the picture, and to claim that this isn't the case is obtuse in the extreme.
3) In my experience - and this isn't evidence, just my experience, the way we turn on the team when things are down is more extreme than I've seen with other teams.

Scooter
07-08-2012, 08:50 PM
I herd today from a good source the Gordon has been offered a 6 month contract

Glory Lurker
07-08-2012, 08:54 PM

That would figure. No doubt when they sold him to Sunderland they agreed a sell-on clause. If they sign him back then they can just pay the sell-on fee to themselves in much the same way as the owe their debt to themselves.

Hibeesmad
07-08-2012, 08:59 PM

It's not a goalkeeper we need!!

ancient hibee
07-08-2012, 09:15 PM

He'll be lucky if he's fit in 6 months.

Kaff
07-08-2012, 09:53 PM
are you sure about that? if so must have been at a very young age in both cases as Russell came through from UNited's youth team and GMS was signed by Liverpool from Ross County's youth team!

Looks like a trouble making statement

Don't know about Russell but GMS was signed by Ross County before he had played a game for Wick Academy, Liverpool subsequently picked him up befeore he'd played for Ross County.

Basically every SPL club had a chance to sign him after he'd been released by Fulham and he played for Airdrie Utd at the end of season 10-11. The Arabs obviously saw through the injury problems and took the risk. Fair play to them and i hope he fulfills his potential

HibbyAndy
07-08-2012, 10:30 PM
No need to let what I actually said get in the way of what you seemingly read it as either:

For clarification:

1) When we're up as fans we're great: Aberdeen semi, Dunfy game, Ayr away in cup being prime examples. When we're down our default position tends to be, amongst a sizable proportion of the support, to turn on the team. Not everyone, and not so much away from home, but at ER this is undeniable.
2) I'm not saying the fans are solely or even predominantly to blame for the position the club is in. Some fans have an element of culpability as they are utterly negative and unpleasant. They are an element of the picture, and to claim that this isn't the case is obtuse in the extreme.
3) In my experience - and this isn't evidence, just my experience, the way we turn on the team when things are down is more extreme than I've seen with other teams.

And your quoting me because??... I referred to our support being great at Dundee utd?....And the bit ive highlighted in your post regarding 'When we are up'....I was at everyone of those games and ill assure you we were singing start to finish..

Hibernian fans aren't the only fans in the world to get on the teams back when under performing.

And that's my experience.

NOLA
08-08-2012, 01:50 AM
in russia, players sign clubs.

Scooter
08-08-2012, 05:51 AM
It's not a goalkeeper we need!!

He's not signing for us

Gatecrasher
08-08-2012, 05:57 AM
in russia, players sign clubs.
Ah Russia, the land of the opposite....

WHUHibs
08-08-2012, 06:26 AM
What I mean by that is Scott puts up a decent debatable point as a thread. Then instead of people debating by placing there point of view many have a pop at him or each other stating threads previously posted or identifying phrases they have said and place a spin on context.

This is time for debate, team is poor, we are all sick of spin, all we are simply asking is for the club, OUR CLUB to show some pride, deliver a winning team and compete in a league which is not the greatest!

Surely that's not too much to ask every 5 years !

hibiedude
08-08-2012, 06:53 AM
Indeed. While their owner is a maddy with a pretend bank and ours is a respected local entrepreneur, you have to ask yourself between hibs and hearts, which is the more serious team on the pitch?

I don't know any Hibs fans who wouldn't want the committment the hearts team show on match day....when our team show up it's all down to hope.

Hainan Hibs
08-08-2012, 07:02 AM
Anybody who is saying we are some sort of special case in the way we turn on our players clearly has never sat in the home end at Pittodrie.

Lucius Apuleius
08-08-2012, 08:39 AM
Anybody who is saying we are some sort of special case in the way we turn on our players clearly has never sat in the home end at Pittodrie.

That is so true. I have never sat in the home end at Pittodrie. Having said that I have never sat in the home end of any team except Hibs and the Binos. Hibs support is worse than the Binos for abusing their players that is for sure.

TowerHibs
08-08-2012, 09:27 AM
Been informed today that Goodwillie is only waiting for Steve Kean to approve loan deal. Everything else has been agreed

Just Alf
08-08-2012, 09:30 AM
Been informed today that Goodwillie is only waiting for Steve Kean to approve loan deal. Everything else has been agreed

* expletive deleted*

:grr:

paul_hfc3
08-08-2012, 09:37 AM

No chance. Rumor Mill has gone wild.

Hermit Crab
08-08-2012, 09:45 AM
No chance. Rumor Mill has gone wild.

Exactly. Bed wetting at its best. Badwillie will be a big player for rovers this season.

Stevie Reid
08-08-2012, 11:13 AM

Surely Steve Kean would need to give permission for this before anything else happened, never mind a deal be in place waiting for his blessing.

The Goodwillie rumour just doesn't make any sense - Kean signed him when Blackburn were in the Premier League, why would he now decide he doesn't want him in the Championship, when he clearly believes that he's a level above it? He will surely be a big player for them this season. Add to that, numerous stories about how Blackburn are desperate for more strikers, and the fact that Hearts are supposed to be dramatically reducing their wage bill (Goodwillie must surely be on well over £10K a week, and Hearts would surely have to pay at least half of that for a loan deal, though what use that would be to Blackburn, I've no idea).

Nothing would surprise me when it comes to the Yams, but surely this is nonsense.

Hermit Crab
08-08-2012, 11:17 AM
The Goodwillie rumour just doesn't make any sense - Kean signed him when Blackburn were in the Premier League, why would he now decide he doesn't want him in the Championship, when he clearly believes that he's a level above it? He will surely be a big player for them this season. Add to that, numerous stories about how Blackburn are desperate for more strikers, and the fact that Hearts are supposed to be dramatically reducing their wage bill (Goodwillie must surely be on well over £10K a week, and Hearts would surely have to pay at least half of that for a loan deal, though what use that would be to Blackburn, I've no idea).

Nothing would surprise me when it comes to the Yams, but surely this is nonsense.

If they would have to pay half Badwillies wage they would sooner sign Skacel. He's a leg end down that way you know:rolleyes:. Keep an eye out for Skacel signing the day before the derby...........

Stevie Reid
08-08-2012, 11:42 AM
If they would have to pay half Badwillies wage they would sooner sign Skacel. He's a leg end down that way you know:rolleyes:. Keep an eye out for Skacel signing the day before the derby...........

THAT definitely wouldn't surprise me.

jacomo
08-08-2012, 03:23 PM
:top marks

And damaging too :agree:

Yeah, if it wasn't for fans getting on Fenlon's back, everything would be pretty peachy right now!

Hopefully he'll win over the last remaining doubters soon - can only be a matter of time eh?

:rolleyes:

R'Albin
08-08-2012, 03:31 PM

:agree:

hibees 7062
08-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Yeah, if it wasn't for fans getting on Fenlon's back, everything would be pretty peachy right now!

Hopefully he'll win over the last remaining doubters soon - can only be a matter of time eh?

:rolleyes:

A win on Sunday would do that i think

jacomo
08-08-2012, 03:55 PM
A win on Sunday would do that i think

It would be very, very welcome, that's for sure.

Let's hope for some of this then... I'll be right on board:

:pfgwa

mjhibby
08-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Evening! Ah well, that's fair enough. Although, I would've liked us to get Jonny Hayes. Exactly what we've been crying out for.

Even so, with the 4th largest budget finishing 11th doesn't add up. Far too much money wasted over the last 5 years.

Yep the most worrying stat is being constantly the 4th biggest spenders and having the 10/11th best team in the league.Something is patently wrong at er and whether its the managers ,the board or whatever we should not be in the position we are full stop.Killie brought in the likes of erimenko(think that was his name) yet we seem to bin a squad of players,get a new manager then buy his set of players only for those to fail and the cycle to start again.Aberdeen are in the same boat as us as the usually are just behind us in spending but have been as dire as us.Well have a fraction of our budget but are streets ahead of us as have the arabs.Why is this.Ive no idea but it pains me to see hibs in such a bad way and the angst of supporters who deserve so much better.
I hope pat gets it sorted but given whats happened before you would have to be a supreme optimist to think we will finish anywhere near the top six.I hope i am so wrong but the utd game tells me otherwise.Mind i expect the arabs may beat other teams just as easily but i think it is not unreasonable to expect the hibbies to put up a better fight than they did.Surely thats the least we can expect.

big-mo
09-08-2012, 11:16 AM

I was told this by one of Hibs youth scouts, I think that both were still school boys when they were linked to Hibs.

big-mo
09-08-2012, 11:18 AM

Hibs tried to get Hayes but he refused to talk to us.

SouthMoroccoStu
09-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Without reading 6 pages.....

Have they signed either?

Onceinawhile
09-08-2012, 02:42 PM
No. Which I'm fairly sure would mean both are too late to play even of they are signed.

Broken Gnome
09-08-2012, 02:54 PM
No. Which I'm fairly sure would mean both are too late to play even of they are signed.

I've been told no truth in the Goodwillie rumour at all, and Skacel's fairly unlikely to sign again.

PatHead
09-08-2012, 08:55 PM
I've been told no truth in the Goodwillie rumour at all, and Skacel's fairly unlikely to sign again.

Steve Kean said in an interview on BBC that he would not be letting anyone go until he had replaced them. He is after Jordan Rhodes.

Hibbyradge
10-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Did they sign?

greenlex
10-08-2012, 07:14 PM
Did they sign?
Must have as its the end of the week. :agree:

Mikey
11-08-2012, 08:03 AM

Tough times ahead.

So tell me, which one of your yam "mates" fed you this crap, knowing full well you would have it posted up on here within five minutes?

Six pages of Hibs fans peeing their pants and arguing amongst themselves. Job done.

hibbiedon
11-08-2012, 08:23 AM
The only Goodwillie they will get is when I pop up too see their wives

HFC 0-7
11-08-2012, 08:40 AM
Must have as its the end of the week. :agree:

Actually, Saturday is the end of the week. :wink:

Lucius Apuleius
11-08-2012, 08:43 AM
Actually, Saturday is the end of the week. :wink:

Actually Sunday in my opinion.

The_Todd
11-08-2012, 09:07 AM
Actually Sunday in my opinion.

Nada. That's the start of next week.

PatHead
11-08-2012, 09:11 AM
The only Goodwillie they will get is when I pop up too see their wives

The only Goodwillie they will get is when I pop up too see their sisters

Sorted for you, oh forgot they are the same thing......

scott7_0(Prague)
11-08-2012, 09:27 AM
So tell me, which one of your yam "mates" fed you this crap, knowing full well you would have it posted up on here within five minutes?

Six pages of Hibs fans peeing their pants and arguing amongst themselves. Job done.

See you missed the entire point of the thread, it wasn't about these two players signing, it was about current managers "network" to sign good quality players. I see he proved again that Ireland is his major area for players.

Clancy - Irish
Doyle - Irish
O'Donovan - Irish
Deegan - Irish
Doherty – Irish
Maybury - Irish

Williams – English
Francombe - English
Soares - English

Cairney, - Scottish
Griffiths - Scottish

Claros - Honduran
Kujabi - Gambian

Baldy Foghorn
11-08-2012, 09:38 AM
See you missed the entire point of the thread, it wasn't about these two players signing, it was about current managers "network" to sign good quality players. I see he proved again that Ireland is his major area for players.

Clancy - Irish
Doyle - Irish
O'Donovan - Irish
Deegan - Irish
Doherty – Irish
Maybury - Irish

Williams – English
Francombe - English
Soares - English

Cairney, - Scottish
Griffiths - Scottish

Claros - Honduran
Kujabi - Gambian

Think thats a cheap pop at PF..... Clancy, McPake and Doyle will all do a job for us, Maybury is a seasoned pro, and nobody has seen Deegan yet......

Albanian Hibs
11-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Think thats a cheap pop at PF..... Clancy, McPake and Doyle will all do a job for us, Maybury is a seasoned pro, and nobody has seen Deegan yet......

:agree:

Albanian Hibs
11-08-2012, 09:50 AM
So..are we going to be facing Goodwillie and Skatcel the morn then??? :rolleyes:

Kaiser1962
11-08-2012, 09:54 AM
Yep the most worrying stat is being constantly the 4th biggest spenders and having the 10/11th best team in the league..

We're not.

Aberdeen generally spend more on wages than Hibs.

We might be now that Sevco have gone but I dont think thats what you meant.

Caversham Green
11-08-2012, 09:57 AM
We're not.

Aberdeen generally spend more on wages than Hibs.

We might be now that Sevco have gone but I dont think thats what you meant.

We are if you count transfer fees....

Lucius Apuleius
11-08-2012, 09:59 AM
Nada. That's the start of next week.

Well we will have to agree to disagree on that one.:wink:

Kaiser1962
11-08-2012, 10:10 AM
We are if you count transfer fees....

You sure Cav?

Its close but 5 seasons 2007-2011 Hibs spent £23m on wages and Aberdeen £26.6m. On Transfer fees Hibs spent £1.538m and Aberdeen £750k.

Thats what I have anyway.

scott7_0(Prague)
11-08-2012, 10:15 AM

That again is still to be proved>

NorthNorfolkHFC
12-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Had a wee peak at keekback to see what the opposition's views were about today.

The best I could get was "if Rudi was playing we would have won".

Every other thread is "please can we sign him", "c'mon mad vlad, please resign him".

We Skacel is pretty handy but I don't think he is 'that' good.

I know we were all pretty keen to have Captain Jim back but their love affair with 'Rudi' is a wee bit cringe inducing.

Northernhibee
12-08-2012, 05:24 PM
Here's a message to you, Rudi:

If you were playing, Deegan would have had you in his back pocket.

:giruy:

Sean1875
12-08-2012, 05:26 PM
As much as I hate the wee scrote, no-one can deny that Hearts are a much better team with him in it. The fact the wee fud seems to enjoy scoring against us doesn't help things. Glad to see the back of him :bye: He chose a good time to go aswell, as Northernhibee said, Deegan would have destroyed him.

essexhibee
12-08-2012, 05:27 PM
Think Skacel is classy player IMO. He tears us a new one every time he plays us, and always seems to score. His name missing on the squad list today definitely raised my hopes for the game, the often inevitably of him scoring against us not begin there.

Having said that it was our good performance rather than there lack of Skacel meaning we wernt beaten. We were better today and should have won :agree:

The_Todd
12-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Slowly sinking into their dimwitted collective consciousness that they can no longer buy superiority. Welcome to big school, Jamboids.

SouthMoroccoStu
12-08-2012, 05:28 PM
In all fairness, they massively missed him and Black today.

This has Benin the difference between them and us across the last few seasons.

But, they weren't playing so boo hoo for them:greengrin

Mikey
12-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Slowly sinking into their dimwitted collective consciousness that they can no longer buy superiority. Welcome to big school, Jamboids.

:aok:

NorthNorfolkHFC
12-08-2012, 05:30 PM
I don't think I could contain my excitement if Rudi signed a cheeky 1 year deal with Hibs.

Petrie would be right back in my good books!!!

#FromTheCapital
12-08-2012, 05:31 PM
**** rudi skacel, hearts fans really seem to have a weird obsession with him. Don't get me wrong, good spl player but nothing more. Has been exposed as ***** in every other league he's played in. Deegan would of owned him 2day.

God Petrie
12-08-2012, 05:32 PM
Boo hoo we can't afford players that cost three times as much as any other non-old firm club could afford - how will we compete?!

Crazyhorse
12-08-2012, 05:46 PM

You are right of course. But he bought into how important it was to stick it to us so you can see why they love him. Bit like Franck or Mixu for us (although he isn't in the same league obviously).

HibbyAndy
12-08-2012, 06:01 PM
Skacel is a bellend. FACT.

Big Frank
12-08-2012, 06:05 PM

lovin yer work Andy :aok:

AlbertK86
12-08-2012, 06:05 PM
Skacel was their top earner by a mile on 7.5 k a week last season.

From 2 separate hearts employees they cannae afford him unless he takes a wage cut.

That was however before the TV deal

allezsauzee
12-08-2012, 06:11 PM
Clearly the jambos haven't noticed the trend at the PBS of them getting rid of the high earners and replacing them with youngsters. No chance is he signing for them unless he dramatically reduces his wage demands. If Webster gets injured, i think they could be in a bit of trouble at the back. Big Zal will get exposed as the useless tit that he really is without him.

justlikebrazil
12-08-2012, 06:13 PM
Think there king Rudi could end up in the scottish 3rd division!! Also by no means are we world beaters but the ****bos are a poor side and there fans better wake up and smell the coffee!! :na na:

Barney McGrew
12-08-2012, 06:38 PM

He wasn't even close to the basic they were paying Obua

AlbertK86
12-08-2012, 06:47 PM

Not according to the two employees I was with

sambajustice
12-08-2012, 06:48 PM

I heard that as well from a "sensible" jambo at my work. He said that Obua was just on a ridiculous weekly wage, like 10k-12k sort of figures! :faint:

#FromTheCapital
12-08-2012, 07:00 PM
In all fairness, they massively missed him and Black today.

This has Benin the difference between them and us across the last few seasons.

But, they weren't playing so boo hoo for them:greengrin

In all fairness hearts would never have signed satchel or black so **** them. Level playing field sucks doesn't it u hearts *****

LeighLoyal
12-08-2012, 07:04 PM
They've scaled back the budget but still have guys on big money like Zaliplookarse, Satchel won't re sign. :greengrin

DAVE1875
12-08-2012, 07:04 PM
Here's a message to you, Rudi:

If you were playing, Deegan would have had you in his back pocket.

:giruy:

Wee typo from you there Northern, can't see how you got "in his back pocket" from "lying on a stretcher"...

maturehibby
12-08-2012, 07:06 PM
Noticed that the advertisement of the "KING" in Leith Walk has met the same fate as the one outside Easter Road - well done to the "Culprit/culprits

The Sea-gull
12-08-2012, 07:37 PM
Skakel is/was a good player in spl terms. A very good player. Probably one of the best ever to play for a non old firm team. He has done sod all outside the spl though and only has a handful of international caps. There also does not seem to be a mad rush for his services. Plus all this "he rips us a new one every time he plays us" and "he always scores against us" - he has scored 5 goals in eleven appearances against us. Decent record but not like he scores every time and these goals were scored in 4 games leaving 7 he has not scored in. Also, i can only think of 3 games he has truly turned up against us in. That game last May and the two games at tynecastle during his first season there. All the others he either has not turned up or has come on as sub.

TamHibs
12-08-2012, 08:14 PM

From 2 separate hearts employees they cannae afford him unless he takes a wage cut.

That was however before the TV deal

That's not their top earner.

JimBHibees
12-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Had a wee peak at keekback to see what the opposition's views were about today.

The best I could get was "if Rudi was playing we would have won".

Every other thread is "please can we sign him", "c'mon mad vlad, please resign him".

We Skacel is pretty handy but I don't think he is 'that' good.

I know we were all pretty keen to have Captain Jim back but their love affair with 'Rudi' is a wee bit cringe inducing.

Why would a Hibs fan post this. :confused:

Pretty Boy
12-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Welcome to the real world of living within your means ya cheating *****.

jabis
12-08-2012, 08:26 PM

would you have had him in the Hibees team for the last 4 years ? :greengrin(sometimes not enough,just taking the P)

CraigHibee
12-08-2012, 08:32 PM
**** rudi and **** hearts

Simple :-)

JimBHibees
12-08-2012, 08:38 PM
**** rudi and **** hearts

Simple :-)

Sums it up.

whiskyhibby
12-08-2012, 08:43 PM
The biggest story is their growing unquiet with John McGoo as their manager

Mikey
12-08-2012, 08:52 PM
The biggest story is their growing unquiet with John McGoo as their manager

He can only do the toilet with the equipment he's got!

No more budget busting players means they're getting closer to the rest of us and they aint gonna like it.

NorthNorfolkHFC
12-08-2012, 09:04 PM

Why not?

JimBHibees
12-08-2012, 09:06 PM
Why not?

You post a thread All Hail King Rudi. WTF.

NorthNorfolkHFC
12-08-2012, 09:10 PM
You post a thread All Hail King Rudi. WTF.

Don't be silly!

#FromTheCapital
12-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Hearts are not going to like where they are heading. Years of mediocrity with a lucky cup win against the worst hibs team in living memory. What's next? **** all!!!! Except licking rudi skacels arse for a few years

hibee_nation
12-08-2012, 09:55 PM

Maybe they didn't. :wink:
Some right winkers on this site. Nae offence to you Magnum, named after a Gay icon, nae way you are here to take the pish. If it's a tash yer after RP knocks him intae a cocked hat. :flag::pfgwa:hibees

hfc rd
12-08-2012, 10:04 PM
This yam team ain't going to be the same without arguably their two best players last season in black and skacel.

Anyways is that skacel not gone back to the Czech?

NorthNorfolkHFC
12-08-2012, 10:09 PM
Maybe they didn't. :wink:
Some right winkers on this site. Nae offence to you Magnum, named after a Gay icon, nae way you are here to take the pish. If it's a tash yer after RP knocks him intae a cocked hat. :flag::pfgwa:hibees

According to the cretins, all the Hibees are gay.

Hibeesmad
13-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Rumour going around he could be on his way to st Johnstone. LOL

Dinkydoo
13-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Doubt it.

Would rather him there than at Hibs or Hearts though. Call me bitter but I never want him or Black in a Hibs shirt.

macca70
13-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Doubt it.

Would rather him there than at Hibs or Hearts though. Call me bitter but I never want him or Black in a Hibs shirt.

Thought he was off to MLS.

Dinkydoo
13-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Thought he was off to MLS.

Sounds more likely than St Johnstone.

NorthNorfolkHFC
13-08-2012, 09:55 PM
The only reason I would want him at Hibs would be to annoy hearts.

Play him off the bench.

The Green Goblin
13-08-2012, 09:59 PM
It sounds unlikely, but if true then fair play to st j for strengthening further (along with beattie) after a great season last year.

RickyS
13-08-2012, 09:59 PM
Doubt it.

any shirt but a ****ing maroon one tbh

nonshinyfinish
13-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Who?

Hibercelona
13-08-2012, 10:02 PM
Would have him at ER in a heart beat. :tin hat:

Complete toss of the highest order, but there's no doubting his ability.

jacomo
13-08-2012, 10:09 PM
Would have him at ER in a heart beat. :tin hat:

Complete toss of the highest order, but there's no doubting his ability.

So would I but he'd probably be rubbish for us.

heretoday
13-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Why are Hibs out of the running for him? Surely St J are not a richer club? I wouldn't mind seeing him at ER. He's an experienced player.

jacomo
13-08-2012, 11:02 PM
Why are Hibs out of the running for him? Surely St J are not a richer club? I wouldn't mind seeing him at ER. He's an experienced player.

Probably because he genuinely seems to have some affection for that lot? God knows why, but he returned for a second stint at the mad house.

All makes it very unlikely he'd sign a deal with us.

steakbake
13-08-2012, 11:27 PM
It sounds unlikely, but if true then fair play to st j for strengthening further (along with beattie) after a great season last year.

Yes, far fewer season ticket holders and they don't have a 5mil training complex, yet we're looking up at them.

LeighLoyal
13-08-2012, 11:33 PM
Yes, far fewer season ticket holders and they don't have a 5mil training complex, yet we're looking up at them.

I'd be very impressed if St J sign him. That'll be Hearts two best attacking threats last year at St J. Shows the SPL is healthy whatever Sevco dicks say.

Big Frank
14-08-2012, 12:40 AM

yer havin a laff! We've never been "out the running"

Skacel is an anti hibs, **** twat.

Dont want him anywhere near our club, experienced or not!!

SouthMoroccoStu
14-08-2012, 02:36 AM
Probably because he genuinely seems to have some affection for that lot?

apparently he turned down £7.5k a week with them, and he wasn't willing to take a pay cut.

Can't see st Johnstone affording that

hibees 7062
14-08-2012, 07:40 AM
So would I but he'd probably be rubbish for us.

We would probably play him at right back

Hiber-nation
14-08-2012, 07:42 AM

Why is that?

Mikey
14-08-2012, 07:42 AM

Why's that then?

hibees 7062
14-08-2012, 08:13 AM
Why's that then?

That is because we have a habit of playing players out of position

stevenhibs
14-08-2012, 08:16 AM
I hope they do sign him. He's a lazy lazy ******* who as he gets older will get away with it less and less. Not done a pre season in 6 years and hates to train.

Now, i hate to see players injured or hurt but, when Deegan gets hold of him...... :aok:

derek0762
14-08-2012, 08:51 AM
Noticed that the advertisement of the "KING" in Leith Walk has met the same fate as the one outside Easter Road - well done to the "Culprit/culprits

The one outside the Anchor pub in West Granton Road has also met it's fate :-)

Hiber-nation
14-08-2012, 08:58 AM
That is because we have a habit of playing players out of position

Ah right. Apart from Sunday then.

Pedantic_Hibee
14-08-2012, 09:05 AM

What a bizarre post. Are you on glue?

PatHead
14-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Him coming to Hibs is as about as likely as Deeks or Gazza playing for them. Funny how a rumour about him going to St J happens shortly before we are playing them.

cabbageandribs1875
14-08-2012, 09:12 AM
The one outside the Anchor pub in West Granton Road has also met it's fate :-)

well done the GYP branch of the Hibby Vandals :)

Judas Iscariot
14-08-2012, 09:52 AM
yer havin a laff! We've never been "out the running"

Skacel is an anti hibs, **** twat.

Dont want him anywhere near our club, experienced or not!!

This

A bit ****ing sense at last

Pretty Boy
14-08-2012, 09:54 AM
No chance.

Good player, very good by SPL standards.

But a guy that made a 'loser' sign at us, a guy who seems to genuinely have an affection for them and hate us.

No way, won't happen and neither it should.

neilmartinrocks
14-08-2012, 03:12 PM
Him coming to Hibs is as about as likely as Deeks or Gazza playing for them. Funny how a rumour about him going to St J happens shortly before we are playing them.

spoke to a few saintees the day at work and they dont know anything about it.

hibees 7062
14-08-2012, 03:21 PM
Ah right. Apart from Sunday then.

Yes and what a difference it made

heidtheba
14-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Good player but here's (I think) a message on his twitter and a great reason why I'd not want him anywhere near ER

Rudi Skacel ‏@RudiSkacel19 (http://twitter.com/RudiSkacel19)
Looking forward to watching the game! No matter what happens, there is only one team in Edinburgh! ;) Good luck Jambos!!!!

Hibs7
14-08-2012, 05:38 PM
He is a ****ty maroon neanderthal inbred and fitted in perfectly at Stinkcastle, he would not come to Hibs and any decent Hibs supporter would campaign against him coming.

#FromTheCapital
14-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Good player but here's (I think) a message on his twitter and a great reason why I'd not want him anywhere near ER

Rudi Skacel ‏@RudiSkacel19 (http://twitter.com/RudiSkacel19)
Looking forward to watching the game! No matter what happens, there is only one team in Edinburgh! ;) Good luck Jambos!!!!

Maybe he can see into the future when there will only be one team in Edinburgh :-D

What a fanny

calumb
14-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Maybe he can see into the future when there will only be one team in Edinburgh :-D

What a fanny

Well we are fi Leith so is this fanny having a pop at Spartans???

Pedantic_Hibee
14-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Just when I start to feel a wee bit childish and regretful of calling him a fud on Lothian Road a while back, he helpfully reminds me why I dislike the wee cretin.

Nae regrets at all, if brains were dominoes the wee runt wid be chapping.