PDA

View Full Version : Fransisco Sandanza

Hibiza
06-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Sevco (Scotland ) ltd trying to get him on £4k a week. C'mon Tache , cheque book out.. we can get him. :flag:

sbell1875
06-08-2012, 05:56 PM
STV news reporting Sandaza is about to sign a 4 year deal with The Rangers on £5k a week.

Is it any wonder PF can't sign a striker of any real quality if this mob is still spending money I can't honestly see how they have?

Mark79
06-08-2012, 05:57 PM
Id rather we got 8 mediocre loan signings on £500 a week.

sbell1875
06-08-2012, 05:57 PM
Just posted a thread to the same effect. Reeks of a lack of ambition by the man if he signs.

DC_Hibs
06-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Sevco (Scotland ) ltd trying to get him on £4k a week. Out of our league

Agreed pal, Pipedream stuff even if Fenlon was happy to blow two players wages on him.

500miles
06-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Good player. The fact that Rangers can still afford his services shows exactly why they should have been denied SFA membership

Wembley67
06-08-2012, 06:11 PM
Just posted a thread to the same effect. Reeks of a lack of ambition by the man if he signs.

I'm amazed people say this, he is joining a massive albeit stinking club that will be back in the SPL in a few seasons and will be picking up a few trophies en route whilst getting a decent sum of cash.

If anything the club will be in the spotlight even more now therefore giving a potential platform to another club that pays more money.

Baldy Foghorn
06-08-2012, 06:11 PM
Sevco (Scotland ) ltd trying to get him on £4k a week. C'mon Tache , cheque book out.. we can get him. :flag:

No way I would want Hibs to blow 4k a week on him, is he really that good??

He had chance to sign for Hercules in Spain, so if he joins Derhun, it would sum up his lack of ambition. Interesting that Derhun are also looking to sign Kyle and Beattie.....They must really want to win Division 3.......

offshorehibby
06-08-2012, 06:17 PM

He had chance to sign for Hercules in Spain, so if he joins Derhun, it would sum up his lack of ambition. Interesting that Derhun are also looking to sign Kyle and Beattie.....They must really want to win Division 3.......

Probably more a case of 'lets sign as many SPL players as possible so they pesky other SPL clubs can't get hold of the'

LeighLoyal
06-08-2012, 06:20 PM
If he wants to sign up with Sevco on 4k then he is a mug best avoided.

Hermit Crab
06-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Just another mercenary like Black and Deano, ambition pfft aye right.

Hibiza
06-08-2012, 06:25 PM
unreal. get yir heads back in the sand, Brilliant player.

chrisski33
06-08-2012, 06:31 PM
It annoys me that a 3rd division team can afford and spends money on spl proven players where we cant sign them when we will be playing better quality teams etc. But maybe we r better not signing them as they r after the money and lack ambition.

Baldy Foghorn
06-08-2012, 06:35 PM
unreal. get yir heads back in the sand, Brilliant player.

Is he?? He ain't coming to ER to sign for us, that's for certain

DH1875
06-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Is he?? He ain't coming to ER to sign for us, that's for certain

He is :agree:. Better than anything we've got in a Hibs shirt, that's for sure.

Billy Whizz
06-08-2012, 07:01 PM

They can't play all their new strikers, imagine being a sub for an SPL 3 team

Baldy Foghorn
06-08-2012, 07:04 PM
He is :agree:. Better than anything we've got in a Hibs shirt, that's for sure.

Not when I have seen him......Not worth that much per week, the game has gone mad.....

Baldy Foghorn
06-08-2012, 07:05 PM
They can't play all their new strikers, imagine being a sub for an SPL 3 team

Indeed Billy, these guys are putting money before ambitions......Speaks volumes regarding the state of our game.....:rolleyes:

Aldo
06-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Like Shiels and Black... £££££
And that's that.

Funnily enough sign fur the great unwashed and in the same week bang your back in the international fold.

Stinks to high heaven tbh

Billy Whizz
06-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Indeed Billy, these guys are putting money before ambitions......Speaks volumes regarding the state of our game.....:rolleyes:

I think we could be seeing some record scores at Ibrox this season. There could be a few double figure scores which is not good for the league

Aldo
06-08-2012, 07:15 PM
I think we could be seeing some record scores at Ibrox this season. There could be a few double figure scores which is not good for the league

Agreed.

Baldy Foghorn
06-08-2012, 07:18 PM

Indeed, thats why the transfer embargo should have been implemented IMO.......Galling that they start afresh, eradicating all debts, then bring in players on bigger wages than all teams bar a couple maybe?

Hibs7
06-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Letting the cheats sign anyone is not good for Scottish football, they should have had a transfer ban for a season, starting from when they were given permission to rejoin the SFA.

Cropley10
07-08-2012, 08:43 AM
I see Sally's not got a clue, from today's Scotsman:

“I’m not passing the buck but that isn’t my department. I’m not an accountant but I do know figures have to be balanced. That’s somebody else’s department but I would be very hopeful that we wouldn’t be signing these players unless it was 
economically possible."

“I think it is very important that we don’t go and sign players who think they might get us out of SFL3. I think we should sign players (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/sfl-division-three/francisco-sandaza-on-the-brink-of-agreeing-deal-with-rangers-1-2453716#) of the highest standard and quality because the fans deserve that.”

Hes a crap manager to scared to try and get out of that Division with a team and squad, instead it's spend big, without even a thought as to how each of these players can be afforded.

Rumours are that cash flow is a big problem already, personally I can see them going into admin again

Famous5forever
07-08-2012, 08:46 AM

This is the type of player we should be signing its a no Brainer the only thing that is stopping us offering players of this quality a contract is our wage structure until that is changed we will not improve.

marinello59
07-08-2012, 08:48 AM
This is the type of player we should be signing its a no Brainer the only thing that is stopping us offering players of this quality a contract is our wage structure until that is changed we will not improve.

Do you honestly think we can afford to top a basic wage of £4k a week? Seriously? You must be on the wind up.

Spike Mandela
07-08-2012, 08:55 AM
Yet again making a mockery of the administration/liquidation process. I can see all the small creditors lapping up news of all these signings weekly wage , makes their sacrifice worth it I 'm sure.:rolleyes:

Stewart Regan as well must be congratulating himself this morning that his 'firm stance' on the transfer embargo is bearing fruit as Rangers outspend every club in the SPL.:cb

It's a twisted world right enough.

blackpoolhibs
07-08-2012, 08:58 AM
Sandaza has impressed me when we have played against him. Thats the point though, most players impress against us, i mean ffs some folk are salivating at the thought we might sign Mark Kerr?

Are these players doing it against the other teams too? As i said, Sandaza has impressed me, he can hold up the ball, bring others into the game, plus score goals. £4k a week seems about right, we wont pay that though.

brog
07-08-2012, 09:00 AM
I saw Sandaza at ER last season & he looked a good player. mind you if David Stephens was marking me I'd look like Messi!! However last season apart Sandaza has really not done anything of note. He was average at Dundee Utd & a total failure at Brighton, their fanzine has a regular joke section about him & he was voted into their worst ever team. Would I like him at ER? Sure, but I don't think he's worth £4k a week.
Incidentally, GOC, the subject of regular abuse on here last season scored 16 goals to Sandaza's 18 & GOC never got the opportunity to play against us!! :wink:

Col2
07-08-2012, 09:06 AM
More patience needed my friends. Everyone is starting to lose interest in the huns, I even detect it from a lot of the media. It's not even mid August and by the Christmas I reckon the crowds will fall and fall. Will they win D3, probably but not a certainty but the real challenge they will have is cash flow and if they continue to buy players at c7k a week then they will again be in big big trouble.

The irony is - they are doing it to appease the fans when someone with half a brain could have worked out that investing in younger players with sell on value would balance the need for new players/div3 title and financial Armageddon.

Cropley10
07-08-2012, 10:28 AM
More patience needed my friends. Everyone is starting to lose interest in the huns, I even detect it from a lot of the media. It's not even mid August and by the Christmas I reckon the crowds will fall and fall. Will they win D3, probably but not a certainty but the real challenge they will have is cash flow and if they continue to buy players at c7k a week then they will again be in big big trouble.

The irony is - they are doing it to appease the fans when someone with half a brain could have worked out that investing in younger players with sell on value would balance the need for new players/div3 title and financial Armageddon.

The fans 'deserve' to have the very best players at Ibrox. Which really means either Sally's **** scared of not winning the Division with kids and journeymen, or he wants to make league scores embarrassing for the SFL/SFA (which suits their superiority complex) or they know that league restructuring is only round the corner.

Still think there won't be enough income to support this nonsense.

gegs70
07-08-2012, 10:44 AM
It annoys me that a 3rd division team can afford and spends money on spl proven players where we cant sign them when we will be playing better quality teams etc. But maybe we r better not signing them as they r after the money and lack ambition.

Well they are no ordinary 3rd division club.

And they offer good money with a lengthy contract that seems enough in the current climate. Just wonder how The gers can afford it and if the contracts are written with invisible ink on rice paper?

Phil MaGlass
07-08-2012, 10:46 AM
The fans 'deserve' to have the very best players at Ibrox. Which really means either Sally's **** scared of not winning the Division with kids and journeymen, or he wants to make league scores embarrassing for the SFL/SFA (which suits their superiority complex) or they know that league restructuring is only round the corner.

Ill tell yi what, if they try to take the pi55 in the lower leagues there will be more than one or two of them out of the game due to broken bones, these guys in the SFL wont accept them taking the pi55.

Macaroon
07-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews (https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews)
BREAKING NEWS: Rangers sign Francisco Sandanza & Emerson Cribari. Tune into #SSN (https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23SSN) for more details

SteveHFC
07-08-2012, 11:55 AM
Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews (https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews)
BREAKING NEWS: Rangers sign Francisco Sandanza & Emerson Cribari. Tune into #SSN (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23SSN) for more details

Unbelievable :rolleyes:

VickMackie
07-08-2012, 12:04 PM
Whose the other boy?

VickMackie
07-08-2012, 12:06 PM
Net 5k per week so is that about 8-9 k per week?!

Mikey
07-08-2012, 12:07 PM
Net 5k per week so is that about 8-9 k per week?!

:tee hee:

southsider
07-08-2012, 12:21 PM
It must be sickening for the creditors to see rangers throwing money about like a man wi no arms whilst they go unpaid.....again. rangers should not have been allowed to spend a brass farthing until all the creditors are paid. Murray's pet reporters in the red tops are at it again and it makes me vomit. He is just a slimeball and hides behind outdated laws to avoid paying what he owes.

Kaiser1962
07-08-2012, 12:37 PM

I think a few folk are overlooking this very basic point.

I suspect they are going to need crowds probably in excess of 30k, minimum 25k, to even make this have a chance of being viable, and I cant really see it. Given that they already bust if they make an arse of this and it happens again, they will struggle to get away with it twice.

VickMackie
07-08-2012, 12:53 PM
:tee hee:

Is it funny because they'll bump the tax man :greengrin:

StevieC
07-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Indeed, thats why the transfer embargo should have been implemented IMO.......Galling that they start afresh, eradicating all debts, then bring in players on bigger wages than all teams bar a couple maybe?

I'm quite happy that they're spending £5k/£6k/£7k a week on players, it's going to heavily eat into their cash flow, especially when Green and his cohorts start skimming any profits, and prevent them from having anything near a war chest for their return to the SPL.

Whatever they spend doesn't affect the rest of us, and if players want to spend 3 seasons in the lower divisions playing in front of low crowds at poor stadia then best of luck to them.

Carheenlea
07-08-2012, 03:20 PM
Whatever they spend doesn't affect the rest of us, and if players want to spend 3 seasons in the lower divisions playing in front of low crowds at poor stadia then best of luck to them.

It does when they are spending money we can`t afford on players we might otherwise have been in the market for.

StevieC
07-08-2012, 03:35 PM
It does when they are spending money we can`t afford on players we might otherwise have been in the market for.

Well according to some on here, we are getting outbid by every other team in the league so it's only going to weaken our opposition. :wink:

If Sandanza hadn't signed for the hun he'd be off to a League 1/Championship team.
Kyle is hardly likely to be a huge loss to the SPL, and if he does come good then we'll get him next year after the hun have spent a fortune getting him fit enough to play at the top level again.

:wink:

Baldy Foghorn
07-08-2012, 05:42 PM
I'm quite happy that they're spending £5k/£6k/£7k a week on players, it's going to heavily eat into their cash flow, especially when Green and his cohorts start skimming any profits, and prevent them from having anything near a war chest for their return to the SPL.

I did wonder how much the Newco was getting from Green, and I imagine season ticket pricing would have to be relative to Division 3 structure, as you say they will be spending heavily for that division, which hopefully becomes unsubstainable.......

renato
07-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Whose the other boy?

He's a Brazilian CB who's been kicking around Serie A for a while (likes of Lazio, Napoli and Siena) and I think was back in Brazilian top division last year. In playing terms he's old now but way too good for SPL, never mind SFL3. Crazy signing again from Zombie Hun but at least he'll be raping a healthy wedge from them.

Still makes you sick though, clean slate and crazy wages again....bet all the businesses they screwed over are hurting desperately.

johnbc70
07-08-2012, 08:49 PM
38,160 at Ibrox tonight. At £15 for adults, £10 concessions and £5 for kids, so say an average ticket price of £12 this game alone will net them approx £450,000. That is why they can afford guys on £5K a week.

scoopyboy
07-08-2012, 08:53 PM
38,160 at Ibrox tonight. At £15 for adults, £10 concessions and £5 for kids, so say an average ticket price of £12 this game alone will net them approx £450,000. That is why they can afford guys on £5K a week.

East Fife get half the gate.

johnbc70
07-08-2012, 09:01 PM

Good pay day for them then, point I was trying to make is that they will continue to pull in big crowds and that is why they can afford these wages.

Cropley10
07-08-2012, 09:03 PM

That's hilarious.

CropleyWasGod
07-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Good pay day for them then, point I was trying to make is that they will continue to pull in big crowds and that is why they can afford these wages.

That's the gamble. At the moment, it's all very new and exciting for them. Can they sustain that income, though?

VickMackie
07-08-2012, 09:25 PM

And exactly why them being in the 3rd is good for Scottish football IMO.

Mikey
07-08-2012, 09:33 PM
Remember it's a cup game folks and that's why East Fife get half the gate. They'll be clearing £450k every fortnight if the crowds remain the same for league games.

keithkeith
07-08-2012, 09:36 PM
It's not strictly half the gate of £450k.

Firstly, STs can get discounted tickets (£2 discount). Secondly, the split of the gate between Adults, concessions and kids will probably mean the Gross average is nearer £10 and then you take VAT off it - assuming Newco pay VAT? ;)

The net average is, therefore down about £8, so that's £300k.

Newco can deduct 15% 'expenses', for police, security, ticketing and admin.

They pay SFL 5%, meaning £60k can be deducted, leaving £240k.

It's then split equally, so East Fife get c£120k.

That's have the original estimate, but still a bumper day for the Fifers!

keithkeith
07-08-2012, 09:36 PM
^^ as Mikey says, it's a cup game. 3rd Division games, home team keeps the gates ^^

scoopyboy
07-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Remember it's a cup game folks and that's why East Fife get half the gate. They'll be clearing £450k every fortnight if the crowds remain the same for league games.

Will they remain that high though?

Novelty just now could become boring later on.

Cropley10
07-08-2012, 11:05 PM
Will they remain that high though?

Novelty just now could become boring later on.

Big risk isn't it. Assemble a team that would compete well in the SPL and stick 6,7 & 8 past the minnows, might be fun for a while but whose really going to bother. I think theyve an eye on both big Cups.