PDA

View Full Version : Beaten By This Seasons Runners-up

Chuck Rhoades
06-08-2012, 12:53 PM
We were defeated by a team who will ease to second place this season IMO. Not many teams will get anything from Tannadice this season. Utd's front three will cause problems for everyone all season. Some of the threads/posts on here are completely over the top. Protests being suggested after the first defeat of the season, against a very strong opponent - it's just silly.

Dreading what this forum will be like next Monday.

The_Horde
06-08-2012, 12:57 PM
We were defeated by a team who will ease to second place this season IMO. Not many teams will get anything from Tannadice this season. Utd's front three will cause problems for everyone all season. Some of the threads/posts on here are completely over the top. Protests being suggested after the first defeat of the season, against a very strong opponent - it's just silly.

:agree:

I wonder where people get their expectations from, have they actually watched hibs for the past 3 seasons?

We're in the middle of a massive squad overhaul, it's pretty clear we need at least another 4 signings. PF has said this, yet people are still going for the jugular.

Stevie Reid
06-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Last night I watched Sportscene and saw every other team in the SPL have a zip, spark and pace about them (regardless of the quality of the players in their team) that we were so short of yesterday. I wasn't expecting much results-wise against a very good Utd side, but I did at the very least expect to see a Hibs team finally play with some real desire and look interested - what I saw was so sickeningly depressing I cannot even allow myself to think about how long and hard this season is going to be. I said on the way to Dundee yesterday that it didn't at all feel like a new season, with new optimism and enthusiasm, it just felt like a continuation from last year, with a wee break in between - and that's exactly what our performance was like.

I had liked what Fenlon had to say since his arrival and in particular over the close season, and whilst I'm ready to write him off yet, I have lost a huge amount of faith in him after yesterday's performance. If we are to improve at all this year we need to score more goals and concede less than we did last year - whilst the current lack of strikers isn't entirely his fault, he changed the one thing that worked about the back four after his arrival last year (McPake and Hanlon partnership) and made both the back four as a whole, and the two individuals themselves, look much worse than last year. McPake was a pale shadow of the inspirational figure that he was last year, and not the captain that we thought we were getting.

Most worrying though was the fact that Fenlon seems unable to lift a team that he has spent the whole pre-season with to perform even close to the level that it should, never mind above that level, which is what we will need to do in order to have any aspirations of not being involved in a season-long relegation battle. The new signings will have to be something really special to rescue us - he is seriously talking up Deegan, and he does sound exactly like what we need. Fingers crossed he is right, and more will follow.

Baldy Foghorn
06-08-2012, 01:01 PM
;3316136']:agree:

I wonder where people get their expectations from, have they actually watched hibs for the past 3 seasons?

We're in the middle of a massive squad overhaul, it's pretty clear we need at least another 4 signings. PF has said this, yet people are still going for the jugular.

We always seem to be in the middle of an overhaul, a period of transition etc etc....

I am realistic enough to know we are miles short of where we need to be, however, I can't stomach watching us struggling to take throw ins, struggling to make 5 yard passes, not being able to beat the first man with a free-kick or corner...It is the level we find ourselves at, that I find galling and unacceptable.......Is it really too much to ask, to be able to watch our team get the basic fundementals right???

Spike Mandela
06-08-2012, 01:03 PM

It wasn't so much the defeat as the nature of the defeat that has got peoples backs up. Only the most delusional of souls could look at that and consider it a one off, it is just a continuation of the spineless performances last year and must surely set alarm bells ringing at Petrie Towers.

davhibby
06-08-2012, 01:05 PM
I think some people just come on this to moan. Yes, we were poor yesterday but you'll be lucky to take anything from tannadice this season. I've seen another post on a different thread saying that if in a couple of months time we're playing like that and losing to teams like Inverness and Dundee, that's when we should be worried, not after losing one game

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2012, 01:05 PM
Thrashed by this seasons runners up would have been my title thread, 3 nil going on 6. We are so far behind them its staggering.

And some folk predicted we'd be 2nd this season, how much drink are they consuming before actually watching football with Hibs involved?

We are light years behind Dundee Utd, we are not even a top 6 side and its a relegation fight we have to look forward to again this season.

Well done Hibernian football club, you lot in charge have made us a bloody shambles of a club.

Frazerbob
06-08-2012, 01:07 PM
Alternatively, you could say that we were completely outplayed by a team that is player for player better in EVERY possition yet has a smaller support and, I'd guess, budget. Not one of our players would get into their team. That is a major concern when we are talking about Dundee Utd, not Rangers or Celtc. We barely threatened their goal the entire 90 minutes. Our management team had no idea how to change the game and our new signings looked no better than the dross we had last season.

Still, it's OK because Utd might finish 2nd!

Chuck Rhoades
06-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Thrashed by this seasons runners up would have been my title thread, 3 nil going on 6. We are so far behind them its staggering.

And some folk predicted we'd be 2nd this season, how much drink are they consuming before actually watching football with Hibs involved?

We are light years behind Dundee Utd, we are not even a top 6 side and its a relegation fight we have to look forward to again this season.

Well done Hibernian football club, you lot in charge have made us a bloody shambles of a club.

I agree with you with regards to people predicting second place - that is completely unrealistic. We have been on a downward spiral for the last three seasons. We were never going to turn everything around in one summer. It will take years to rebuild Hibs into a side that challenges for European places again. I just don't understand how people thought we were going to be transformed in one transfer window.

Chuck Rhoades
06-08-2012, 01:10 PM
Alternatively, you could say that we were completely outplayed by a team that is player for player better in EVERY possition yet has a smaller support and, I'd guess, budget. Not one of our players would get into their team. That is a major concern when we are talking about Dundee Utd, not Rangers or Celtc. We barely threatened their goal the entire 90 minutes. Our management team had no idea how to change the game and our new signings looked no better than the dross we had last season.

Still, it's OK because Utd might finish 2nd!

I didn't say it was OK; however I do feel a lot of the posts/threads are over the top.

down-the-slope
06-08-2012, 01:12 PM

Oi...stop that sensible posting ...it will never catch on..

Regarding next Monday...whether we get gubbed / draw...or even sneak a win...we are still a team way short of where we all (supporters / management / board) want us to be....

The_Horde
06-08-2012, 01:14 PM
We always seem to be in the middle of an overhaul, a period of transition etc etc....

I am realistic enough to know we are miles short of where we need to be, however, I can't stomach watching us struggling to take throw ins, struggling to make 5 yard passes, not being able to beat the first man with a free-kick or corner...It is the level we find ourselves at, that I find galling and unacceptable.......Is it really too much to ask, to be able to watch our team get the basic fundementals right???

These are things that get me also, believe me.

The reason we are always in overhaul is because we are. We are always in overhaul because we change our manager every year, expecting the manager to come in and perform miracles straight away on a tight budget. The manager needs time to change the core of the club, the attitude and the mentality of the team. Otherwise we will forever be in transition.

basehibby
06-08-2012, 01:16 PM

:agree: We would all be a lot happier if we'd gone into that game vs Utd. with something approaching a full squad, but some of the bed wetting going on here is utterly ridiculous.

A whole load of drama queens are whittering on as if Sundays game and the Cup Final were the only game that Fenlon or any of his signings had played. But it's patently obvious that Fenlon is slap in the middle of a rebuilding job at Hibs and there's still plenty of work to do.

I do not labour under the illusion that the sun shines oot of Paddy's erse or anything but for me, the guy who managed to cajole a team of relegation strugglers to the cup final (even if we were steamrollered come the event) has already shown that he has some kind of managerial ability.

The agitators who's quivering fingers would already be pressing the panic button to eject PF from the Easter Road hot seat after one game need to have a word with their doctors about some valium or similar because this summer's recruitment is far from over and we have a tough fixture vs the Yams coming up in which the current side will do well to yield a point.

There's still a few weeks to strengthen the squad after which we can realistically look for signs of progress - if we still look like relegation strugglers at that point then there would be genuine reason to question Fenlon's ability to build a team - to do so after one game is pathetic and indicative of weak moral fibre IMO :cb

Stevie Reid
06-08-2012, 01:20 PM
I agree with you with regards to people predicting second place - that is completely unrealistic. We have been on a downward spiral for the last three seasons. We were never going to turn everything around in one summer. It will take years to rebuild Hibs into a side that challenges for European places again. I just don't understand how people thought we were going to be transformed in one transfer window.

I don't know anyone who believed that to be possible.

However, to show absolutely no signs of improvement (in fact, we looked worse) on the back of a season where we avoided relegation in the second last game of the season before finishing with THAT day in May, is unacceptable for many - and I can completely understand why.

I am generally a pretty positive/optimistic person when it comes to Hibs, but there was not a single positive to take from yesterday, and Pat managed to mess up the one thing that he improved last season.

The outlook is grim, there is no escaping that. Having been to Dundee and then watched all other SPL teams' highlights yesterday, I honestly believe that we would have lost to any of them.

fatbloke
06-08-2012, 01:22 PM

Sadly yes, your levels of expectation are way too high:greengrin

Andy74
06-08-2012, 01:22 PM
;3316181']These are things that get me also, believe me.

The reason we are always in overhaul is because we are. We are always in overhaul because we change our manager every year, expecting the manager to come in and perform miracles straight away on a tight budget. The manager needs time to change the core of the club, the attitude and the mentality of the team. Otherwise we will forever be in transition.

Exactly right and I'm amazed that so many don't see how deep the problems we've had recently are and how much of change currenty needs made.

The_Horde
06-08-2012, 01:29 PM
I don't know anyone who believed that to be possible.

However, to show absolutely no signs of improvement (in fact, we looked worse) on the back of a season where we avoided relegation in the second last game of the season before finishing with THAT day in May, is unacceptable for many - and I can completely understand why.

I am generally a pretty positive/optimistic person when it comes to Hibs, but there was not a single positive to take from yesterday, and Pat managed to mess up the one thing that he improved last season.

The outlook is grim, there is no escaping that. Having been to Dundee and then watched all other SPL teams' highlights yesterday, I honestly believe that we would have lost to any of them.

I can see why also, but these people need to listen to what PF is saying. Pat wants more signings, going by the signings we've already made I'm pretty sure these signings will walk straight into the first team. Even after these signings have been made there will still be a lot of work to be done, we need to gel as a team on and off the pitch and then we need to change the attitude of the whole team from youth to first team. It's not an easy task and it will take time.

DevonLoch
06-08-2012, 01:34 PM
I think some people just come on this to moan. Yes, we were poor yesterday but you'll be lucky to take anything from tannadice this season. I've seen another post on a different thread saying that if in a couple of months time we're playing like that and losing to teams like Inverness and Dundee, that's when we should be worried, not after losing one game

What he said. No sunshine on Leith here. New anthem for the season instead...

I was happy in the haze of a cup final place But heaven knows I’m miserable now

I was looking for a win, and then we got humped And heaven knows I’m miserable now

In my life Why do I give valuable time
To a team that doesn’t care if I live or die ?

The posters whined on all the hibs sites And heaven knows I’m miserable now
I was looking for support, now I ‘ll want to slit my wrists
And heaven knows I’m miserable now

In my life
Oh, why do I give valuable time
To a team that doesn’t care if I live or die ?

What Petrie asked of me at the end of the day
Caligula would have blushed

“You’ve been in the house too long” he said
Get an ST (naturally) instead

In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I’d much rather kick in the eye ?

I was happy in the haze of a new season dream
But heaven knows I’m miserable now

Apologies to the Smiths

http://youtu.be/SfkvPnjb9hs

First game of new season. The only way is up!

GGTTH

truehibernian
06-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Which side looked like they had played midweek against top Russian opposition ?

Hibernian were slow, off the pace, sitting deep, forgetting to track runners, not marking, slack with their passing, lethargic and lacking cohesion. And that is one game in :bye:

Dundee United ran their socks off midweek and should have won that game - yesterday they played with pace, power, zip and style. Not one player looked like the midweek had sapped any energy levels.

What I will say is that in footballing terms, Dundee United are where I expect Hibs to be in 2 seasons time - having a core side, which even if two or three drop away, you only need to add a couple at a time. United have a football daft chairman who literally loves the club and the game. They have also remained loyal to Houston despite some early form dips in his tenure and little fall-outs when he has been away on international duties. They have done ever so well to retain Daly, Russell and GMS, as well as last season keeping their full backs.
Peter Houston likes wingers and attack minded players. He lost Conway and immediately added GMS. He lost Gomis and Bauben and he brought in Flood and Rankin and Ryan.......but they are like Hearts in the market - they do their business early and sign players before the competitive season kicks off. They seem to have a good scouting network in place and act fast.

They may lose Russell and GMS before the window ends - but Stephen Thompson is always up front and he has said they are under no pressure at this point to sell. The Goodwillie money kept the banking wolves happy.

Hibernian have had numerous managers and assistant managers, player culls, player loans, last minute transfer deals and managers meeting other clubs bang in the middle of a pre-season, backroom squabbling - each of the past 4 seasons, a new manager has had to perform drastic surgery which makes things so so difficult.

The sad fact is is that Pat has inherited players who are more used to losing than they are winning. Winning is an unexpected bonus it seems. Players like Wotherspoon, Stevenson, and Stephens for me have had 3 seasons to compete, improve and cement their place - they have failed to do so. Let's not bang on about 'oh but they are U21 players so what do you know' - Stephens costs goals every time I have seen him play, Wotherspoon doesn't score goals each time I see him play (nor assist them consistently) and Stevenson offers little going forward or back.

You then have to look around the leagues in Scotland and see if there are players who can and will step up to the plate and show eagerness to fill the boots of those that are failing - and trust me there are numerous examples at Falkirk, QoS, Hamilton Partick and Dundee (albeit they got into the SPL) who could do a far far better job than those I mentioned.

Nicky Riley, Bob Harris (admittedly now in Championship), Craig Sibbald, Jay Fulton, Marc McNulty, etc etc etc..............each would do a right better job than any of our current charlatans.

Fenlon for me has to sit each one of the players down, this week, and bluntly ask them 'Do you want to be here ?' If they answer yes then they need to be given a timeline to improve, or they face leaving the club. Bold, firm, fair but necessary. Some also need to to told in no uncertain terms that they are not good enough at this level.

I know who I would tell, I'm sure Pat Fenlon knows to - opinions may differ. But the penny now has to drop for some of them. And if I was Pat, I'd already be instructing scouts and contacts to be scouring the leagues and getting work for next season in place - we really need to be thinking a season ahead at all times, in order for that winning mentality he is striving for to come to fruition.

Oh......and Rod and Scott to step aside and have fresh new faces at that level would be the icing on the cake :agree:

GreenOnions
06-08-2012, 01:40 PM
I think perspective is important and therefore agree with the sentiments in the OP.

Yes, DUFC are way ahead of us. However, they will be ahead of most this season and the nucleus of their 1st 11 has not had to change as much as most this close season.

It is very frustrating being a Hibs supporter but it sometimes seems that we allow our judgement of PF to be clouded by the disappointments of the past few years rather than to judge PF on his current performance alone.

We are where we are at the moment and PF is not responsible for the past. I am desperate for him to add 3 of 4 quality players who can walk straight into our 1st team but he can't afford to get it wrong so he mustn't just bring someone in to appease us short term.

When I think about what our starting 11 should be - all those I consider seem to be those who have been brought in by PF or they are youngsters such as Caldwell. To me that illustrates the point with crystal clarity that, basically, PF had no-one at the club good enough for a Hibs starting 11 at the end of last season.

I believe he's made a start to what is a huge job and, for me, Williams, Clancy, McPake, Cairney and Griffiths all look like players who should be in or around our 1st 11. So much more is needed but the most important thing by far is that we allow PF time to do the job and begin to establish a period of stability at the club.

Stevie Reid
06-08-2012, 01:42 PM
;3316208']I can see why also, but these people need to listen to what PF is saying. Pat wants more signings, going by the signings we've already made I'm pretty sure these signings will walk straight into the first team. Even after these signings have been made there will still be a lot of work to be done, we need to gel as a team on and off the pitch and then we need to change the attitude of the whole team from youth to first team. It's not an easy task and it will take time.

Myself (and others, I'm sure) have listened to Fenlon - I've liked a lot of what he's had to say. But he still has to work with what he has at his disposal now, it's not good enough to say that we will not improve AT ALL without another 'X' amount of players. He has had all summer with the current group, yet despite all the noises about a different attitude and team spirit, we just lay down yesterday. Supporters will tolerate defeats if the players are giving 100% and fighting for the jersey, but it just isn't happening - in fact, the one person who truly did that last year (McPake) was posted missing yesterday, no doubt adversely affected by having to play alongside Stephens. I still cannot understand his team selection and back four yesterday.

Of course we need more signings, but Pat has to take responsibility for the current team organisation and attitude - just two of the things that were sorely lacking yesterday.

The_Horde
06-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Myself (and others, I'm sure) have listened to Fenlon - I've liked a lot of what he's had to say. But he still has to work with what he has at his disposal now, it's not good enough to say that we will not improve AT ALL without another 'X' amount of players. He has had all summer with the current group, yet despite all the noises about a different attitude and team spirit, we just lay down yesterday. Supporters will tolerate defeats if the players are giving 100% and fighting for the jersey, but it just isn't happening - in fact, the one person who truly did that last year (McPake) was posted missing yesterday, no doubt adversely affected by having to play alongside Stephens. I still cannot understand his team selection and back four yesterday.

Of course we need more signings, but Pat has to take responsibility for the current team organisation and attitude - just two of the things that were sorely lacking yesterday.

Your right, the team has a losing attitude. The minute the opposition gets a goal the heads go down, the ball becomes a hot tattie and the tactics go out the window. This has been evident for a few years now (since the second half of yogi's first season) and is going to take more than just one summer to change. I'm not entirely convinced if he'd put Mcpake and Hanlon in the middle that it would have been much different. Look what happened with the same partnership in the SC final.

Stevie Reid
06-08-2012, 01:59 PM
;3316237']Your right, the team has a losing attitude. The minute the opposition gets a goal the heads go down, the ball becomes a hot tattie and the tactics go out the window. This has been evident for a few years now (since the second half of yogi's first season) and is going to take more than just one summer to change. I'm not entirely convinced if he'd put Mcpake and Hanlon in the middle that it would have been much different. Look what happened with the same partnership in the SC final.

I don't expect our results to change over one summer, but I expect to see a discernible improvement in the attitude and effort of the players, regardless of their ability - Hibs players should look like playing for Hibs matters a lot to them, Fenlon has alluded to the this himself, yet we just get more of the same.

McPake and Hanlon's partnership was one of the very few highlights from last season - they didn't look great in every game but it was definitely something to build on. Would you have been encouraged if someone had told you after 19 May that Fenlon was gonna pin his hopes on a McPake/Stephens partnership instead?

MrSmith
06-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Which side looked like they had played midweek against top Russian opposition ?

Hibernian were slow, off the pace, sitting deep, forgetting to track runners, not marking, slack with their passing, lethargic and lacking cohesion. And that is one game in :bye:

Dundee United ran their socks off midweek and should have won that game - yesterday they played with pace, power, zip and style. Not one player looked like the midweek had sapped any energy levels.

What I will say is that in footballing terms, Dundee United are where I expect Hibs to be in 2 seasons time - having a core side, which even if two or three drop away, you only need to add a couple at a time. United have a football daft chairman who literally loves the club and the game. They have also remained loyal to Houston despite some early form dips in his tenure and little fall-outs when he has been away on international duties. They have done ever so well to retain Daly, Russell and GMS, as well as last season keeping their full backs.
Peter Houston likes wingers and attack minded players. He lost Conway and immediately added GMS. He lost Gomis and Bauben and he brought in Flood and Rankin and Ryan.......but they are like Hearts in the market - they do their business early and sign players before the competitive season kicks off. They seem to have a good scouting network in place and act fast.

They may lose Russell and GMS before the window ends - but Stephen Thompson is always up front and he has said they are under no pressure at this point to sell. The Goodwillie money kept the banking wolves happy.

Hibernian have had numerous managers and assistant managers, player culls, player loans, last minute transfer deals and managers meeting other clubs bang in the middle of a pre-season, backroom squabbling - each of the past 4 seasons, a new manager has had to perform drastic surgery which makes things so so difficult.

The sad fact is is that Pat has inherited players who are more used to losing than they are winning. Winning is an unexpected bonus it seems. Players like Wotherspoon, Stevenson, and Stephens for me have had 3 seasons to compete, improve and cement their place - they have failed to do so. Let's not bang on about 'oh but they are U21 players so what do you know' - Stephens costs goals every time I have seen him play, Wotherspoon doesn't score goals each time I see him play (nor assist them consistently) and Stevenson offers little going forward or back.

You then have to look around the leagues in Scotland and see if there are players who can and will step up to the plate and show eagerness to fill the boots of those that are failing - and trust me there are numerous examples at Falkirk, QoS, Hamilton Partick and Dundee (albeit they got into the SPL) who could do a far far better job than those I mentioned.

Nicky Riley, Bob Harris (admittedly now in Championship), Craig Sibbald, Jay Fulton, Marc McNulty, etc etc etc..............each would do a right better job than any of our current charlatans.

Fenlon for me has to sit each one of the players down, this week, and bluntly ask them 'Do you want to be here ?' If they answer yes then they need to be given a timeline to improve, or they face leaving the club. Bold, firm, fair but necessary. Some also need to to told in no uncertain terms that they are not good enough at this level.

I know who I would tell, I'm sure Pat Fenlon knows to - opinions may differ. But the penny now has to drop for some of them. And if I was Pat, I'd already be instructing scouts and contacts to be scouring the leagues and getting work for next season in place - we really need to be thinking a season ahead at all times, in order for that winning mentality he is striving for to come to fruition.

Oh......and Rod and Scott to step aside and have fresh new faces at that level would be the icing on the cake :agree:

Great post TH! Also, my thinking re the players as well. There must be terms and conditions enabling management to release them if the do not perform or act in a manner appropriate to a professional, providing the line is followed.

The_Horde
06-08-2012, 02:09 PM
I don't expect our results to change over one summer, but I expect to see a discernible improvement in the attitude and effort of the players, regardless of their ability - Hibs players should look like playing for Hibs matters a lot to them, Fenlon has alluded to the this himself, yet we just get more of the same.

McPake and Hanlon's partnership was one of the very few highlights from last season - they didn't look great in every game but it was definitely something to build on. Would you have been encouraged if someone had told you after 19 May that Fenlon was gonna pin his hopes on a McPake/Stephens partnership instead?

Certainly not, I'd prefer Hanlon and Mcpake however i don't see much of a difference between having Stephens in the middle or Kujabi at left back. Both are very bombscare and will cost us goals.

Perhaps Fenlon was trying to highlight a position we desperately need to splash out on to Rod? Who knows.

I don't think effort is the problem, it's more attitude. A defeatist attitude, it's not that they don't care it's that they've not got the bit between their teeth and concede defeat all too easy. That's where we have to get harder but it all comes down to confidence.

Wilson
06-08-2012, 02:14 PM

That is of no consolation to me when we are handed an away beating that, not so long ago, we would have struggled to accept - even from one of the OF.

That you are worried about this forum for next Monday suggests you have written us off for a home derby? That is a sad indictment of the state of our team.

I too am impressed with Dundee United - they are pretty much what I'd like to see in our Hibs side. I'd look at their model and ask why we are nowhere near it instead of using it as some justification for an away humping.

Stevie Reid
06-08-2012, 02:24 PM
;3316269']Certainly not, I'd prefer Hanlon and Mcpake however i don't see much of a difference between having Stephens in the middle or Kujabi at left back. Both are very bombscare and will cost us goals.

Perhaps Fenlon was trying to highlight a position we desperately need to splash out on to Rod? Who knows.

I don't think effort is the problem, it's more attitude. A defeatist attitude, it's not that they don't care it's that they've not got the bit between their teeth and concede defeat all too easy. That's where we have to get harder but it all comes down to confidence.

I think Fenlon just knows that Kujabi is unlikely to be able to recover from the SC Final in the eyes of many Hibs fans - he signed him, and for a fair bit of the time last year he played a decent role in the back four, he knew the LB position and his part in the overall unit. He was far from perfect but I would rather have him at LB than Hanlon.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the last point, I don't see enough effort.

The_Horde
06-08-2012, 02:50 PM
I think Fenlon just knows that Kujabi is unlikely to be able to recover from the SC Final in the eyes of many Hibs fans - he signed him, and for a fair bit of the time last year he played a decent role in the back four, he knew the LB position and his part in the overall unit. He was far from perfect but I would rather have him at LB than Hanlon.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the last point, I don't see enough effort.

I see effort i just don't see enough belief and ability, hopefully Deegan can be the influence in the middle we've been craving for so long.. the kind of example player who gets the team up for it with one tackle.

The_Horde
06-08-2012, 02:52 PM
That is of no consolation to me when we are handed an away beating that, not so long ago, we would have struggled to accept - even from one of the OF.

That you are worried about this forum for next Monday suggests you have written us off for a home derby? That is a sad indictment of the state of our team.

I too am impressed with Dundee United - they are pretty much what I'd like to see in our Hibs side. I'd look at their model and ask why we are nowhere near it instead of using it as some justification for an away humping.

We are nowhere near it because we keep chopping and changing managers and players.

sidjames
06-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Never mind Dundee Utd, is there any prospect of matching up to anyone?

8 1 in our last two competitive games. FFs! I wish I could make it on Sunday god knows whatever team is on the park it needs encouragement.

Northernhibee
06-08-2012, 03:08 PM
My money is on Dundee United to win the SPL actually. Celtic will be complacent, United will know that if they get a string of results they'll be in contention.