PDA

View Full Version : Hanlon

Hibs Giant
06-08-2012, 12:23 PM
I know people like him. But has anyone noticed that he's rubbish?

Fergus52
06-08-2012, 12:25 PM
Honestly thought he was one of our better performers yesterday

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-08-2012, 12:25 PM
Yes, me, have always said he hasn't got what it takes, but don't tell anyone I said that!

:wink:

Treadstone
06-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Me too . Ball watcher . Nuff said.

RickyS
06-08-2012, 12:29 PM
Me too . Ball watcher . Nuff said.

im not a fan either tbh, another who has opinion split

Brightside
06-08-2012, 12:33 PM
One of the few players to turn up yesterday. Despite being played out of position. Nearly all Utd attacks were down the Clancy/Sproule side. Hanlon is a player Hibs cannot afford to lose. Though if i was him i'd probably look for a move as i'm pretty sure a huge amount of our "fans" are morons.

Phil MaGlass
06-08-2012, 12:36 PM
FFS not another thread on how bad a player is, can we not just have one thread of
"Just how bad are our players". Aye were pish at the moment, we all ****ing know it but picking out individuals wont help their confidence or motivation.

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2012, 12:38 PM
I'm not his biggest fan, but unless the manager plays O'Hanlon at centre back then he has to go back in the middle.

Personally he's weak for a centre half in my opinion, his weak header out yesterday for the 2nd goal was a typical example of his defending.

Saying that McPake was no better, and the less said about Stephens the better.

basehibby
06-08-2012, 12:45 PM
FFS not another thread on how bad a player is, can we not just have one thread of
"Just how bad are our players". Aye were pish at the moment, we all ****ing know it but picking out individuals wont help their confidence or motivation.

:agree: This board seems to be populated at times purely by complete f***in idiots whose sole mission in life is to undermine the confidence of Hibs players.

We have a Scotland U-21 centre half who was a regular in the side last season and who has been steadilly growing in confidence and ability since teaming up with a more experienced partner in central defence. Hey - lets start a puerile thread on Hibs.net saying he's rubbish - very constructive - NOT - I don't say this very often but .....

LTYF!!!

JimBHibees
06-08-2012, 12:47 PM
:agree: This board seems to be populated at times purely by complete f***in idiots whose sole mission in life is to undermine the confidence of Hibs players.

We have a Scotland U-21 centre half who was a regular in the side last season and who has been steadilly growing in confidence and ability since teaming up with a more experienced partner in central defence. Hey - lets start a puerile thread on Hibs.net saying he's rubbish - very constructive - NOT - I don't say this very often but .....

LTYF!!!

Couldnt agree more.

SMAXXA
06-08-2012, 12:56 PM

LTYF!!!

Your absalutley right he was a regular last season and look where we finished. I have no doubt he has improved with JM in the team alongside him but he has to be good enough on his own ability and I dont think he is. I agree with your centiments though mate its not nice when there are so many threads about our players but in reality its because they are very poor and people have had enough IMO.

I dont really care about hurting professional footballers feelings whilst posting opinions on a fans forum if im honest, dont be pish and people pont slate you, be good so we casn all say good things about you, simples :wink:

Brightside
06-08-2012, 01:14 PM
He would walk into most of the teams in the league. At the moment he's better than some deserve.

Pretty Boy
06-08-2012, 01:14 PM
I'm not his biggest fan, but unless the manager plays O'Hanlon at centre back then he has to go back in the middle.

Personally he's weak for a centre half in my opinion, his weak header out yesterday for the 2nd goal was a typical example of his defending.

Saying that McPake was no better, and the less said about Stephens the better.

Agree with that.

I actually thought McPake was shocking yesterday but has escaped much of the criticism purely down to the fact he is James McPake.

SMAXXA
06-08-2012, 01:19 PM
Agree with that.

I actually thought McPake was shocking yesterday but has escaped much of the criticism purely down to the fact he is James McPake.

Totally agree with you.

Prawn Sandwich
06-08-2012, 01:21 PM
Agree with that.

Couldn't agree more. McPake is a legend in his own mind!

DH1875
06-08-2012, 03:41 PM

Maybe so but the team around him is nothing short of KITE so while he might be rubbish, he's one of our better players. There's a barrel load of players we should get rid off before Hanlon.

Hermit Crab
06-08-2012, 03:45 PM
One of the few players to turn up yesterday. Despite being played out of position. Nearly all Utd attacks were down the Clancy/Sproule side. Hanlon is a player Hibs cannot afford to lose. Though if i was him i'd probably look for a move as i'm pretty sure a huge amount of our "fans" are morons.

Looked lost and frankly not interested.

Del Boy
06-08-2012, 03:46 PM
He would walk into most of the teams in the league. At the moment he's better than some deserve.

He'd possibly get a game for Dundee or ICT, but would not get a game for a top 6 team. He's not pish, but he's also not particularly good.

J-C
06-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Agree with that.

Maybe and here's the thing..............James McPake is not the messiah, he was a player who looked a lot better than what we had last season but then again, what we had last season anyone with a club foot would've stood out.

Lets hope last seasons efforts by him were not just a flash in the pan and he also turns out to be dud, fingers crossed testerdays game was just a bad day at the office and not the norm.

J-C
06-08-2012, 05:41 PM
I've knocked the lad a few times on here but he was decidedly average yesterday, which was better than the pitiful display by the rest of the so called players.

Still think he needs to be put back into midfield where he started his career, as to me he still looks out of his depth at CH or LB, not many pass marks yesterday but slightly better than most.

Northernhibee
06-08-2012, 07:26 PM

Just gave him a call and he thinks you're rubbish, so I guess you're even. :agree:

18/03/07
06-08-2012, 08:10 PM
He'd possibly get a game for Dundee or ICT, but would not get a game for a top 6 team. He's not pish, but he's also not particularly good.
Just like what everybody was saying about J.Rankin,one of the players that took the p!sh out of us yesterday

erin go bragh
06-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Dearie me , Hanlon and Mcpake are our best ch pairing ,end of .

From a have a go at Hanlon thread ,you have managed to turn it in to a Mcpake is murder too .:cb Very yamish

ggtth

Wotherspiniesta
06-08-2012, 08:29 PM

It's just not enough slagging our crap playters is it?

One bad game.

RE Hanlon- Thought he was decent yesterday, but would be playing him at CH. He improved beside McPake in that position and think it's ridiculous we've shifted him back to LB. Playing players out of position is all too common at Hibs.

Also might be worth noting that with Stephens coming in, it shifted McPake to Left CB, which I didn't think suited him.

seven nowt
06-08-2012, 08:31 PM
Scotland u21 skipper, over 100 apps at club level. Star performer season after season, playing alongside these clowns (bar McPake).. One to hold on to. I suppose Messi's to greedy for Hibs then ?

SMAXXA
06-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Scotland u21 skipper, over 100 apps at club level. Star performer season after season, playing alongside these clowns (bar McPake).. One to hold on to. I suppose Messi's to greedy for Hibs then ?

Tell me your having a laugh and I missed the sarcasim :confused:

Saorsa
06-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Tell me your having a laugh and I missed the sarcasim :confused:Did Hanlon ever take a dump in your cornflakes one morning or something? There are far worse players than him at ER but you seem tae have it in for him.

SMAXXA
06-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Did Hanlon ever take a dump in your cornflakes one morning or something? There are far worse players than him at ER but you seem tae have it in for him.

No more so than I do for Stevenson, Wotherspoon etc, I certinly wont apologiose for having an opinion and for seeing failing players consistantly not good enough for Hibs. For the record I dont have anything againts these players personally, however in a footballing capacity I will say what I believe to be the case.

Your not seriously in agreement that he has been a star performer season after season are you? Id so we do se things very different which is fine.

JimBHibees
06-08-2012, 08:57 PM

I have read some crock on this site in the last day or so but this takes the biscuit. He wasnt great yesterday but dear oh dear McPake was the one genuine shining light for Hibs last season.

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2012, 09:00 PM
I have read some crock on this site in the last day or so but this takes the biscuit. He wasnt great yesterday but dear oh dear McPake was the one genuine shining light for Hibs last season.

:agree: I thought he was poor yesterday, but last season he was bloody good, and i have not said that about a Hibs player for a long time.

leither17
06-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Scored my goal of the season last year against dunfermline what a peach that was I'd keep him just for that

GGTTH07
06-08-2012, 11:29 PM

Said it since he went to CB

frazeHFC
06-08-2012, 11:54 PM
I think he is utter gash at left back. Centre back i like him. We have much, much worse players to worry about.

muirhousehibby
07-08-2012, 12:12 AM
There is a few players who seem to be getting the blame here. Oldest of them is Stevenson who is 24. The rest have been put into completely dysfunctional Hibs team. And the problems are somehow there doing? They be better players in a decent squad (Rankin springs to mind).

Everton,Fulham,Blackpool have all enquired about him so they must see something to watch him over a certain time.

frazeHFC
07-08-2012, 12:14 AM
There is a few players who seem to be getting the blame here. Oldest of them is Stevenson who is 24. The rest have been put into completely dysfunctional Hibs team. And the problems are somehow there doing? They be better players in a decent squad (Rankin springs to mind).

Everton,Fulham,Blackpool have all enquired about him so they must see something to watch him over a certain time.

Exactly, and he has captained Scotland U21s for years and done well because he has good players around him (better than what our first team has).