PDA

View Full Version : Protest

Chris.igoe
06-08-2012, 12:03 PM
The board must go or get the hand in the pocket they r asking us to do it but nothing back from them how long do we need to watch something we love die and do nothing . The time for change is now

R'Albin
06-08-2012, 12:08 PM
How do you plan on organising this protest then?

ManBearPig
06-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Really? Who is going to be better? Vladimir Romanov? Whyte or ambramovich? Or are we just threatening them to give us more money that doesn't exist

Elephant Stone
06-08-2012, 12:11 PM
The board must go or get the hand in the pocket they r asking us to do it but nothing back from them how long do we need to watch something we love die and do nothing . The time for change is now

Nothing back apart from the small matter of 5 permanent signings and a loan, with more to come.

Chris.igoe
06-08-2012, 12:12 PM
I don't know to be fair but something must be done we r the club we have the power to make change talking on this will do nothing but we must do something

frazeHFC
06-08-2012, 12:13 PM
I think after 1 game with almost a month of the window open is a bit early for a protest.

Hibee Ryan
06-08-2012, 12:17 PM
They have invested, albeit that we still need more!

You can scream "Farmer and Petrie out" all you want but what do we do when they leave? No one with any credible money wants to buy Hibs, or any other Scottish club for that matter! Organise a protest if you want but you'd only get a couple of hundred at a push I'd guess! Farmer wants to sell the club, problem is no one wants to buy

Viva_Palmeiras
06-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Admins can we have the title amended.
Tagging this to The Let's Work Together is grossly misrepresentative.
The jnitiaive brings together various strands of support including critics I certainly have not been asked about a protest

IMO we are in the process of working with management to address some of the key concerns we all share to try to channel energies to the benefit of the club.

muzzhfc
06-08-2012, 12:30 PM
Remember the last protest at the agm. That went really well. As already stated, no one wants to buy an spl club - even the "big team" who have been consistent at the top end for the past few years. But that's more cause they are a bunch of ****s with millions and millions of pounds worth of debt. There's still lots of time until the window closes for paddy to bring in players. If at the end of the window we are as we are then I'd consider a form of exchange with the board to find out what happened. You gotta remember until very recently, there was NO tv deal so I think we were preparing for the worst so we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot financially, which, IMHO, was a good idea. Saves running up more debt than we inevitably will

Barney McGrew
06-08-2012, 12:35 PM
I don't know to be fair but something must be done we r the club we have the power to make change talking on this will do nothing but we must do something

Excellent. We have to do something, but you're not sure what that something is. Sounds like a good plan.

#FromTheCapital
06-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Think people are hitting the panic button far too early.

We were crap yesterday but we were playing dundee utd who imo are a cert for 2nd place this season based on their performance yesterday. Only the first game of the season. If we are still playing like that in a few months time and losing games to caley, dundee etc then il be concerned. This season is going to be another long one but as long as its an improvement on last season and we're showing signs of turning it around i'll be happy enough

Mikey
06-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Admins can we have the title amended.
Tagging this to The Let's Work Together is grossly misrepresentative.

:aok:

Phil MaGlass
06-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Excellent. We have to do something, but you're not sure what that something is. Sounds like a good plan.

To be fair to the guy and alot more in the support they are frustrated and have been for the last few years, folk are ripping their hair out and need to vent their anger in one way or another. Im sure if you had a "vent your anger at the board day" on any given saturday, you would have hundreds if not thousands venting their anger rather than turning up for a protest before an AGM.

Lucius Apuleius
06-08-2012, 12:44 PM
:protest:

Fast becoming my favourite smiley.

Is it just me or is there a helluva lot of low posters calling for heads to roll? NOt casting aspersions and maybe this has been the catalyst for them posting. The old timers (you know who you are!!!! :greengrin) I don't mind reading your moans because I know we are going to get them but people coming on here and registering just to moan???? Seems strange to me likesay.

Barney McGrew
06-08-2012, 12:47 PM
:protest:

Fast becoming my favourite smiley.

Is it just me or is there a helluva lot of low posters calling for heads to roll? NOt casting aspersions and maybe this has been the catalyst for them posting. The old timers (you know who you are!!!! :greengrin) I don't mind reading your moans because I know we are going to get them but people coming on here and registering just to moan???? Seems strange to me likesay.

Especially with a derby this weekend :hmmm:

Chuck Rhoades
06-08-2012, 12:48 PM
**** sake. We got beat by a team who will stroll second place. Not many teams will get anything from Tannadice this season. Utd's front three will cause problems for every team this season.

Doom and gloom after the first match FFS.

JimBHibees
06-08-2012, 12:48 PM
Especially with a derby this weekend :hmmm:

Yep not coincidental IMO.

Phil MaGlass
06-08-2012, 12:49 PM
No way, I was about to post again stating the same, well spotted

Chris.igoe
06-08-2012, 12:52 PM
I only started on this cos I am sick of sitting every week and saying nothing I want to know Wat other people think of this joke.

Barney McGrew
06-08-2012, 12:53 PM
Yep not coincidental IMO.

Particularly when they do the proverbial fart in a lift before they get out, but in their case drop a post and then sit back and watch the fallout.

Chris.igoe
06-08-2012, 01:00 PM
I wish I never said nothing . And r u trying to call me a 1 of they ****my rats .

Skanko79
06-08-2012, 01:04 PM
**** sake. We got beat by a team who will stroll second place. Not many teams will get anything from Tannadice this season. Utd's front three will cause problems for every team this season.

a 3-0 win against a p!ss poor hibs team on the first day of the season hardly means they will "stroll" 2nd place. United dont have any where near big enough a squad to deal with a few injurys.

united will be there or there abouts but lets be realistic, it will be them, hearts or aberdeen.

Lucius Apuleius
06-08-2012, 01:04 PM
I wish I never said nothing . And r u trying to call me a 1 of they ****my rats .

Cap fits, wear it. If not, don't.

Chris.igoe
06-08-2012, 01:06 PM
I am in shock I am only trying to put my point across and say Wat I want to happen so they get there finger oot and I get called a hearts rat . I not aloud to have my say no . I am pure green and have been for all my life

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2012, 01:07 PM
Really? Who is going to be better? Vladimir Romanov? Whyte or ambramovich? Or are we just threatening them to give us more money that doesn't exist

Superb, if you can get Portsmouth and Leed United into your next post, you will have the full set. :rolleyes:

R'Albin
06-08-2012, 01:08 PM

Finally, they've accepted their place in society.

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2012, 01:10 PM

Bobby have you just got out the shower?

Chris.igoe
06-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Haha just noticed my typing error on last post that was they rats iPhone eh

cabbageandribs1875
06-08-2012, 01:11 PM
pmsl@ being in shock :greengrin

Just Alf
06-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Hmmm do we have that shifty eye thing that the bears den use? ... Can't work it put on ma phone and this seems a great thread for it! ;-)

06-08-2012, 01:27 PM
I think after 1 game with almost a month of the window open is a bit early for a protest.

:agree:

I agree that something needs to be done immediately to stop this free fall we are in but lets save the torches and pitch forks for now as, like you say, its only 1 game into the season and we were beaten by a very decent side.

mcfly
06-08-2012, 01:35 PM
I think it was the manner of the defeat that is causing the OP.

It was 3 going on 6 or 7.

We are hopeless year on year and questions must be asked why.

It's sad to say but hibs are a club in freefall.

Can anyone tell me since jan 2010 when with yogi in charge we went on that terrible run of form , how many home games have we won??

It's not good enough and we deserve better.

Franck Stanton
06-08-2012, 01:46 PM
I think it was the manner of the defeat that is causing the OP.

It was 3 going on 6 or 7.

We are hopeless year on year and questions must be asked why.

It's sad to say but hibs are a club in freefall.

Can anyone tell me since jan 2010 when with yogi in charge we went on that terrible run of form , how many home games have we won??

It's not good enough and we deserve better.

Exactly, imo with the team Unt have at present it is no gisgrace to lose to them at Tannadice, it is a disgrace however to lose in the manner we did, there was nothing on show for us yesterday. Yet again no fight/passion/organisation/shots on target/individual skill - absalutely nothing. You could have picked 11 supporters from the crowd, given them 30min to discuss who plays where and would have seen more passion and fight - present team just isn't good enough.

Chris.igoe
06-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Even if we got 4 new players I can't see the board payn the money for the quality that is needed . We will be on the same path bringing in panic buy rubbish players on a free .

Lucius Apuleius
06-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Even if we got 4 new players I can't see the board payn the money for the quality that is needed . We will be on the same path bringing in panic buy rubbish players on a free .

ye cannae buy rubbish players for free.

Chris.igoe
06-08-2012, 02:02 PM
U get my point tho

Lucius Apuleius
06-08-2012, 02:16 PM
U get my point tho

Nope.