PDA

View Full Version : no striker on trial

ivan03
06-08-2012, 11:59 AM
we havent had a single striker on trial this summer, one of our main areas needed improved.... why have we had none? FENLON DOESNT KNOW ANYONE!!!! Only players he brings in are irish players hes worked with before, hes not a clue! hes no man management skills, no contacts NOTHING! Whos gonna wanna sign for a guy theyve never heard of?

Fenlon OUT!!!!!!

and lets not even get started on Petrie! We need a clear out from top to bottom, absolute disgrace of a club!! And some of the behinds scenes details are even worse, we are in a terrible state, and god knows whats gonna happen!!

hibee62
06-08-2012, 12:00 PM
we havent had a single striker on trial this summer, one of our main areas needed improved.... why have we had none? FENLON DOESNT KNOW ANYONE!!!! Only players he brings in are irish players hes worked with before, hes not a clue! hes no man management skills, no contacts NOTHING! Whos gonna wanna sign for a guy theyve never heard of?

Fenlon OUT!!!!!!

and lets not even get started on Petrie! We need a clear out from top to bottom, absolute disgrace of a club!! And some of the behinds scenes details are even worse, we are in a terrible state, and god knows whats gonna happen!!

How do you know?

TamHibs
06-08-2012, 12:03 PM

Fenlon OUT!!!!!!

I'm hearing we're in talks with Cillian Sheridan's representatives with regards to a transfer so maybe you're actually wrong?

aljo7-0
06-08-2012, 12:03 PM

Fenlon OUT!!!!!!

Wow. :rolleyes:

Are we only allowed to sign strikers that have been on trial?

Hibee Ryan
06-08-2012, 12:04 PM

Fenlon OUT!!!!!!

You're trying to say that Fenlon knows nothing simply because he hasn't had a striker on trial? Come on now!

Not all players are willing to go on trial especially if they have more than one offer. I would bet my house that Fenlon has offered a contract to at least 1 striker , maybe even 2 but they have went elsewhere.

Twa Cairpets

Fenlon OUT!!!!!!

Must have missed the bit where we brought Griffiths back to the club.

But on you go, howl at the moon.

The_Horde

Fenlon OUT!!!!!!

Clancy, Mcpake, Williams, Claros, Tom Soares, George Francomb, Kujabi, all players who have only worked with Fenlon at hibernian.

Edinburgh Green
06-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Loud noises!!!!

Matty_Jack04
06-08-2012, 12:06 PM
Imagine trying to sell hibs to a potential signing target....no easy task maybe that's why he's signing players he knows

But let's get on his back and get rid anyway that's what we do so well

Pretty Boy
06-08-2012, 12:09 PM
I don't really think the strikers we have are the problem, although I would ideally like one more.

It's the complete lack of anything resembling creativity in midfield, in fact just anything from the midfield full stop, that's the problem.

Give Griffiths and Doyle service and they will score.

Godsahibby
06-08-2012, 12:19 PM
I love lamp!

Twa Cairpets
06-08-2012, 12:25 PM
Loud noises!!!!

:faf:
That's exactly as I read it

southsider
06-08-2012, 12:30 PM
As i said elsewhere this club stikks from top to bottom. We have more board members than BT and all taking out of the club huge amounts of the supporters cash. Why do we need a chairman and a CE. A stadium manager and a training ground manager plus lots more board members each making far more money than the fans can only dream off.The lte Cecil Graham used to run this whole club by himself and a dam site better job he made of it too. Doubt if this current set of clowns could even spell Hibs.

S.sct
06-08-2012, 12:32 PM
I don't really think the strikers we have are the problem, although I would ideally like one more.

It's the complete lack of anything resembling creativity in midfield, in fact just anything from the midfield full stop, that's the problem.

Give Griffiths and Doyle service and they will score.

100% agree, but would go a bit further to say that we don't have anything resembling a midfield full stop.

JimBHibees
06-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Wow, the level of Yam wind up merchants since yesterday is staggering.

Hermit Crab
06-08-2012, 12:36 PM

Fenlon OUT!!!!!!

Aye very good :LOL:

Lucius Apuleius
06-08-2012, 12:48 PM
As i said elsewhere this club stikks from top to bottom. We have more board members than BT and all taking out of the club huge amounts of the supporters cash. Why do we need a chairman and a CE. A stadium manager and a training ground manager plus lots more board members each making far more money than the fans can only dream off.The lte Cecil Graham used to run this whole club by himself and a dam site better job he made of it too. Doubt if this current set of clowns could even spell Hibs.

Oh the irony.

Baldy Foghorn
06-08-2012, 12:49 PM

Fenlon OUT!!!!!!

Really?? Do you know how ridiculous you sound????

VPHIBEE
06-08-2012, 12:52 PM
100% agree, but would go a bit further to say that we don't have anything resembling a midfield full stop.

Totally agree we have no midfield, and have not done so for the last three years, with teams running through us at will. Hopefully Deegan will prove his worth, but we still need another midfielder, a winger and big striker to hold up the ball. A big strong centre half would not go amis also.

Fenlon is on record saying we need a few more players. Let hope this happens soon. I don't think I could stand another roasting from them next week.

James70
06-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Not strictly true that we've had no striker on trial this summer.

Was Garry O'Connor not still on our books when he was up in court? :greengrin

DC_Hibs
06-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Well done Ivan. The Verve are to rework their old classic as "The Drugs most definitely do work" after someone brought this thread to their attention.

Ketamine has been widely used to knock out horses yet you've managed to rattle off a whole thread no bother whilst "on it" - putting aside the lunacy contained therein.

No trialists = no hope!!!!

Macaroon
06-08-2012, 01:14 PM

Fenlon OUT!!!!!!

Just because we haven't had them on trial doesn't mean we won't sign them. I can't remember the last time one of these supposed 'trialists' actually signed for us.

lyonhibs
06-08-2012, 01:36 PM

It's a shame to see Yoda has contracted dyslexia in his old age and started posting on Hibs.net.

Hermit Crab
06-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Really?? Do you know how ridiculous you sound????

LTYF :wink::greengrin

davhibby
06-08-2012, 01:45 PM

Fenlon OUT!!!!!!

I smell a yam :lolyam:

Sylar
06-08-2012, 01:46 PM
WAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:monkey1:

Hermit Crab
06-08-2012, 01:48 PM
I smell a yam :lolyam:

24 posts I smell a yam...........:greengrin :wink: :aok:

davhibby
06-08-2012, 01:55 PM
24 posts I smell a yam...........:greengrin :wink: :aok:
:greengrin :flag:

calumb
06-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Totally agree we have no midfield, and have not done so for the last three years, with teams running through us at will. Hopefully Deegan will prove his worth, but we still need another midfielder, a winger and big striker to hold up the ball. A big strong centre half would not go amis also.

Fenlon is on record saying we need a few more players. Let hope this happens soon. I don't think I could stand another roasting from them next week.

agree but i think if fenlon does not sign a physical striker capable of holding the ball up and bringing the midfield into play then his days are numbered.
Yesterday we put no pressure on there back 4 so they were free to pick passes into midfield or act as extra midfielders.
The last time i think we pushed a back 4 was during the 5 or 6 games we won when sodje was leading the line.

leither17
06-08-2012, 01:58 PM
:faf:
That's exactly as I read it

I would like to invite you to the pants party

Franck Stanton
06-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Wondered how long it would take for a "Fenlon Out" to appear - didn't have to wait long. So, IF you got your way just who would you replace him with ? Not too many options that are availabe, bad time to change managers, start of season, window just about to close, wouldn't know strengths/weaknesses of current squad - the list is endless. Why oh why do these idiots come on here shouting for the managers head after one defeat ? Now I am not saying we are world beaters - far far from it, Fenlon hs a BIG job on his hands, when he took over this Club we were sinking faster than the Titanic, we needed a complete clear out. Now given that he has only had a Jan mid-deason window and is in the middle of current window, and is working with a tight buget is trying his best to sign decent standard players, [ just my opinion but think that players signed so far are of better standard than we usually sign], will take time to build a squad as we dont have the resorses to just go and sign 11-15 quality players. As for the comment of not having any strikers on trial this pre-season - how do you know ? We have signed Griffiths , albeit on loan, been [supposedly] linked to Sandaza and Sheridan and god know how many more that we dont know about. May I suggest to the o/p that he has a wee think before venting his frustration on here with stupid "Fenlon Out" comments - given time Fenlon will build a squad capable of top 4 more seasons than not.

Hermit Crab
06-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Wondered how long it would take for a "Fenlon Out" to appear - didn't have to wait long. So, IF you got your way just who would you replace him with ? Not too many options that are availabe, bad time to change managers, start of season, window just about to close, wouldn't know strengths/weaknesses of current squad - the list is endless. Why oh why do these idiots come on here shouting for the managers head after one defeat ? Now I am not saying we are world beaters - far far from it, Fenlon hs a BIG job on his hands, when he took over this Club we were sinking faster than the Titanic, we needed a complete clear out. Now given that he has only had a Jan mid-deason window and is in the middle of current window, and is working with a tight buget is trying his best to sign decent standard players, [ just my opinion but think that players signed so far are of better standard than we usually sign], will take time to build a squad as we dont have the resorses to just go and sign 11-15 quality players. As for the comment of not having any strikers on trial this pre-season - how do you know ? We have signed Griffiths , albeit on loan, been [supposedly] linked to Sandaza and Sheridan and god know how many more that we dont know about. May I suggest to the o/p that he has a wee think before venting his frustration on here with stupid "Fenlon Out" comments - given time Fenlon will build a squad capable of top 4 more seasons than not.

Its just bed wetting. Knee jerk reaction........:aok:

hibs supporter
06-08-2012, 02:19 PM

look at the midfield we had a few years ago thompson brown boozy zemmama we have never replaced any the players we sold. the quality of player is never the same we get as a replacement or even close

The Godfather
06-08-2012, 02:22 PM

Interesting fact is that Wigan have only 14 full-time (not matchday) members of staff that run the whole club that are not part of the Footballing side of things. This 14 members include the shop, admin, groundstaff, board members etc and that's a Premiership Club. Having said that I'm not calling for anyone to be sacked at Easter Road as I dont think we have a lot of backroom staff and the ones I have dealt with work their butts off for the club.

Andy74
06-08-2012, 02:23 PM
agree but i think if fenlon does not sign a physical striker capable of holding the ball up and bringing the midfield into play then his days are numbered.
Yesterday we put no pressure on there back 4 so they were free to pick passes into midfield or act as extra midfielders.
The last time i think we pushed a back 4 was during the 5 or 6 games we won when sodje was leading the line.

Fortunately Fenlon said yesterday that we clearly need a proper centre forward.

He's also said we have been close on 3 or 4 quality players but they had gone elsewhere for more money. Perhaps there have been strikers amongst that number?

Andy74
06-08-2012, 02:25 PM

How many board members get a wage, do you know?

S4uzee
06-08-2012, 03:46 PM
I'm hearing we're in talks with Cillian Sheridan's representatives with regards to a transfer so maybe you're actually wrong?

From who Agent Scotland?

LancsHibs
06-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Who's got 24 posts?

TamHibs
06-08-2012, 06:17 PM
From who Agent Scotland?

Yes

hibeequinn
06-08-2012, 06:17 PM
Fenlon out what because we got beat off clearly the 2nd best team in scotland. give the guy a ****ing chance man we aint going to win any games if we keep chopping and changing managers we need to back the team fair enough have a rant about a player or fenlon but calling for his head is a bit over the top fenlon has a big task ahead and am backing him 100% and a think everyone else should

Hermit Crab
06-08-2012, 06:20 PM
Fenlon out what because we got beat off clearly the 2nd best team in scotland. give the guy a ****ing chance man we aint going to win any games if we keep chopping and changing managers we need to back the team fair enough have a rant about a player or fenlon but calling for his head is a bit over the top fenlon has a big task ahead and am backing him 100% and a think everyone else should

Posted already its nothing but bed wetting, pure OTT reactions from folk.

Baldy Foghorn
06-08-2012, 06:22 PM

Pathetic for anyone to be calling for his head.....He knows what he wants to do, hopefully he is given time to prove himself......

calumb
06-08-2012, 06:39 PM

aye maybe but despite all the summer of change garbage nothing has changed, the defense is still a complete shambles, the midfield looks non existent and the attack is pathetic.
Fenlon knew long before the end of the season what he needed to bring in but the only improvement seems to be a keeper that scott thompson found.

calumb
06-08-2012, 06:58 PM

aye maybe but despite all the summer of change garbage nothing has changed, the defense is still a complete shambles, the midfield looks non existent and the attack is pathetic.
Fenlon knew long before the end of the season what he needed to bring in but the only improvement seems to be a keeper that scott thompson found.

DH1875
06-08-2012, 07:07 PM

Oh, goody goody gum drops :rolleyes:.

carnoustiehibee
06-08-2012, 07:14 PM
Pat Fenlon is 9/1 to be the first spl manager sacked. :cb

Didnt see anything yesterday to convince me hes made any improvements in teaching the players the basics over the summer.

Since everyone on here has went over tactics,team selection and what kids belonged to Griffiths. the biggest shock for me was the £13 they charged for my 6yr old nephew (every kid at that age has ADHD) and 4 bloody quid for a hot dog. He was excited all week to go to the football and didnt get one chance to jump up or get excited. Hibs are doing really well at driving away not only this generation of supporters but also the future kids.

I asked him after what went wrong and he said "why didnt they give it to another green guy then shoot it in the net" simple really.

TamHibs
06-08-2012, 07:23 PM
Oh, goody goody gum drops :rolleyes:.

Pretty sure most fans were excited about this signing at the same time last year & were in meltdown when he went to St J, so yeah goody goody gum drops.

Baldy Foghorn
06-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Pat Fenlon is 9/1 to be the first spl manager sacked. :cb

Didnt see anything yesterday to convince me hes made any improvements in teaching the players the basics over the summer.

Since everyone on here has went over tactics,team selection and what kids belonged to Griffiths. the biggest shock for me was the £13 they charged for my 6yr old nephew (every kid at that age has ADHD) and 4 bloody quid for a hot dog. He was excited all week to go to the football and didnt get one chance to jump up or get excited. Hibs are doing really well at driving away not only this generation of supporters but also the future kids.

I asked him after what went wrong and he said "why didnt they give it to another green guy then shoot it in the net" simple really.

Are you meaning the football on offer or the pricing (which was nothing to do with Hibs)??

DH1875
06-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Pretty sure most fans were excited about this signing at the same time last year & were in meltdown when he went to St J, so yeah goody goody gum drops.

And if anything the last year should show us what an escape we had. The guy is total dross if you ask me.

JIm
06-08-2012, 07:32 PM
Are you meaning the football on offer or the pricing (which was nothing to do with Hibs)??

I would suggest both but more importantly the football. I wish i was wrong but for me Fenlons not the man. I'm amazed he got the position in the first place.

Before folk go jumping on my back i've said this pretty much since he came in. Who would i go for? Good question, but if i had a list of CV's on my desk i'd be looking at someone with a track record at a decent level, someone who promotes youth and someone who has philosophy on the way the game should be played. The style that Fenlon plays, well i'm afraid there isn't any.

carnoustiehibee
06-08-2012, 07:44 PM

The football mainly, you dont notice the price or mind paying it if your winning or watching a decent standard. The pricing stucture has to change though but thats for another thread. first time ive watched a game through a kids perspective and he was bored after 15mins. felt sorry for having to put him though it.

ivan03
07-08-2012, 10:11 AM
but why doesnt petrie get someone in with experience, contacts, and someone that has a bit about them! put his hand in his pocket and get a decent manager in like Billy Davies, give him a bit of cash for some good players, the fans will come back, we'll finish higher up the league which will bring us in more money.

or he can take the cheap option, attract poor players that nobody wants to come and watch, finish mid-low in the league and get no money in.

marinello59
07-08-2012, 10:14 AM
but why doesnt petrie get someone in with experience, contacts, and someone that has a bit about them! put his hand in his pocket and get a decent manager in like Billy Davies, give him a bit of cash for some good players, the fans will come back, we'll finish higher up the league which will bring us in more money.

or he can take the cheap option, attract poor players that nobody wants to come and watch, finish mid-low in the league and get no money in.

That all seems so simple. How much would Billy davies expect as a salary. How much extra cash should we spend on players in transfer fees and wages. ? How many extra fans will we need to get through the gates to pay for all of that?

Andy74
07-08-2012, 10:47 AM

Perhaps Hibs don't have an issue with Fenlon being Irish and actually think that he does bring all those things?

Baldy Foghorn
07-08-2012, 10:51 AM

Have you been playing Football Manager on your pc again? Your post is fantasy world / pie in the sky / conjecture (delete as appropriate)....

Is Billy Davies even Hibs Class, why not go for Guardiola or the chosen one himself?:cb

ivan03
07-08-2012, 11:18 AM
I said LIKE Billy Davies.. someone who knows the game, Fenlon has managed in Ireland only, has very little contact. Hes not the man for the job, he hasnt been since day 1. we need someone better, simple as that.

Hibiza
07-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Dont want trialists. proven quality required. :flag:

Andy74
07-08-2012, 11:36 AM
I said LIKE Billy Davies.. someone who knows the game, Fenlon has managed in Ireland only, has very little contact. Hes not the man for the job, he hasnt been since day 1. we need someone better, simple as that.

Again, what on earth do you know about his contacts? What a load of nonsense.

Lets see:

McPake - Coventry - never played for him or in LoI
Williams - Colchester - never played for him or in LoI
Clancy - Motherwell - never played for him or in LoI
Cairney - Partick - never played for him or in LoI
Griffiths - Wolves - never played for him or in LoI
Francombe - Norwich - never played for him or in LoI
Claros - Hounduras somewhere - never played for him or in LoI
Soares - Stoke - never played for him or in LoI
Kujabi - German team - never played for him or in LoI

Doyle - has played in LoI
O'Donovan - has played in LoI
Deegan - has played in LoI
Doherty - had played in LoI

That all seems pretty varied to me.

Mikey
07-08-2012, 11:46 AM

Lets see:

You should copy that Andy and have it ready to paste in whenever the "network" myth gets raised.

bawheid
07-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Get it launched.

ivan03
07-08-2012, 12:00 PM

Lets see:

I said LITTLE contact... which u cant deny! You dont need any contact to sign boys from england and scotland, Kujabi clearly never knew anything about him before signing him.

Clancy? better off with Abbey Clancy...:wink:

marinello59
07-08-2012, 12:03 PM

Dearie me, you really need to up your game.

Mikey
07-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Get it launched.

He is a Hibby.

If we started emptying Hibs fans who posted lies, false rumours and misinformation it would be a pretty quiet place.

Hermit Crab
07-08-2012, 12:26 PM
I said LITTLE contact... which u cant deny! You dont need any contact to sign boys from england and scotland, Kujabi clearly never knew anything about him before signing him.

Nice try :fishin: :troll:

Baldy Foghorn
07-08-2012, 05:32 PM

How do you know whether PF has contacts or not?? Again just speculation from you, unless you know for sure.....

Clancy remark is childish and does nothing to substantiate your points

joebakerforever
07-08-2012, 06:10 PM
You're trying to say that Fenlon knows nothing simply because he hasn't had a striker on trial? Come on now!

Not all players are willing to go on trial especially if they have more than one offer. I would bet my house that Fenlon has offered a contract to at least 1 striker , maybe even 2 but they have went elsewhere.

So we'll not be seeing Father Dougal McGuire and Father Jack Hackett :greengrin

SMAXXA
07-08-2012, 06:19 PM

A goain goain goin, would you like a cupa tea father

jdships
07-08-2012, 06:35 PM
How do you know whether PF has contacts or not?? Again just speculation from you, unless you know for sure.....

Clancy remark is childish and does nothing to substantiate your points

Good post !!
Never fails to amaze me why these guys that claim to know all there is to know about football are not managers in their own right .
I accept we are entitled to express our opinions but some posters go beyond that
Come on guys lets be having you and show if you have the balls to be a football manager !!!

Watch this space - YES ?

Jack Hackett
07-08-2012, 07:04 PM

Eh!? Who said that? DRINK!