PDA

View Full Version : O'Hanlon Vs Stephens

dmc1875
06-08-2012, 02:44 AM
O'Hanlon showed more against the Dons last season than stephens has shown in two years.

I know that O'Hanlon was v poor before McPake came in but does anyone think it might have been the wake up
call he needed? I remember sitting in the stand for the dons game and watching him win every defensive header, SCORE and look a threat from set pieces all game..

Fast forward to yesterday and we have to watch yet another 'stephens performance'....

I know some posters have said that PF says he hasnt got anyone better.. but hold on...

booth Hanlon mcpake clancy

hanlon o'hanlong mpake clancy

both of them look better in my book..

IFONLY
06-08-2012, 10:11 AM
O'Hanlon showed more against the Dons last season than stephens has shown in two years.

I know that O'Hanlon was v poor before McPake came in but does anyone think it might have been the wake up
call he needed? I remember sitting in the stand for the dons game and watching him win every defensive header, SCORE and look a threat from set pieces all game..

Fast forward to yesterday and we have to watch yet another 'stephens performance'....

I know some posters have said that PF says he hasnt got anyone better.. but hold on...

booth Hanlon mcpake clancy

hanlon o'hanlong mpake clancy

both of them look better in my book..

IMO Hanlon is the ideal partner for McPake, failing that I would have no hesitation in playing O`Hanlon there. Stephens is not up to the mark

hibees 7062
06-08-2012, 10:22 AM
IMO Hanlon is the ideal partner for McPake, failing that I would have no hesitation in playing O`Hanlon there. Stephens is not up to the mark

Or get a real right back and play Clancy there

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2012, 10:23 AM
O'Hanlon played against Aberdeen played well, and was then on the bench for the rest of the season and the final. The new season gets underway, all pre season Stephens comes in from nowhere and plays, and apparently O'Hanlon has been told he can find a new club. We also have a number of left backs at the club, one even brought to the club by the manager.

Yet he'd rather play a centre half at left back and bring a kid in at centre half who's had a history of making many mistakes. :confused:

Andy74
06-08-2012, 10:24 AM
Or get a real right back and play Clancy there

Clancy is a right back.

I'd prefer neither from O'Hanlon and Stephens. We looked back to panic at the back a bit yesterday and I'd have Hanlon back in there and Kujabi in at left back. Aye, even against Hearts!

JimBHibees
06-08-2012, 10:31 AM
O'Hanlon played against Aberdeen played well, and was then on the bench for the rest of the season and the final. The new season gets underway, all pre season Stephens comes in from nowhere and plays, and apparently O'Hanlon has been told he can find a new club. We also have a number of left backs at the club, one even brought to the club by the manager.

Yet he'd rather play a centre half at left back and bring a kid in at centre half who's had a history of making many mistakes. :confused:

Certainly seems a strange decision and to be honest I would have played Kujabi before making the changes he did. Just back from hols and hadnt kept in touch with the pre-season games and was amazed that Stephens seemed to be getting a regular game. I dont think it helped McPake either as he looks better right side centre back. If we arent going to play Kujabi get another full back in (even a short term one like Maybury) and get back to playing McPake and Hanlon in the middle.

Bostonhibby
06-08-2012, 10:31 AM
In the current stage of the development of Fenlons team, I'd be comfortable playing O'Hanlon along side McPake and hope that as the building goes on we strengthen again. O'Hanlon is a handy enough player to have around our current squad. Best combination could be Hanlon / McPake with an eye for the future, but not much in it, though we really do need to get Hanlon away from FB in the end.
l

gegs70
06-08-2012, 10:33 AM
booth lb, ohanlon, mcpake, clancy rb

what is currently our best midfld? I think this is our priblem area and i dont know a lot about deigan ...on paper sounds good but then again so did claros!

Could we play 3 centre halves and use wing backs like mcleish did? Then drop the sproule use cairnie, deigan and stevenson in the middle?

Andy74
06-08-2012, 10:39 AM
booth lb, ohanlon, mcpake, clancy rb

what is currently our best midfld? I think this is our priblem area and i dont know a lot about deigan ...on paper sounds good but then again so did claros!

Could we play 3 centre halves and use wing backs like mcleish did? Then drop the sproule use cairnie, deigan and stevenson in the middle?

Midfield in the current formation?

I'd have Deegan and Claros sitting with Cairney in front.

frazeHFC
06-08-2012, 10:41 AM
Neither, it should be McPake and Hanlon imo.

hibees 7062
06-08-2012, 10:49 AM
Clancy is a right back.

I'd prefer neither from O'Hanlon and Stephens. We looked back to panic at the back a bit yesterday and I'd have Hanlon back in there and Kujabi in at left back. Aye, even against Hearts!

played mostly as a centre half for motherwell and killie , for me its his best position

Andy74
06-08-2012, 10:54 AM
played mostly as a centre half for motherwell and killie , for me its his best position

The 25-year-old Irishman started Killie's final seven games of the old season and manager Jefferies said: "Tim suffered an ankle injury that set him back but he returned and did well.

"He proved his fitness, he is still relatively young and we're pleased he signed a two-year deal. Tim's best position is right-back. He has has filled in for us at centre-half before and also played left-back but we believe right-back is his natural position.

"He's an out-and-out full-back and gets up and down the pitch well as he has great stamina"

Not that I agree with Jeffries about much but both him and Fenlon have said it's his best position, as has he.

Mothwerwell needed to cover for injuries which is why he had played more centrally for them recently.

hibees 7062
06-08-2012, 11:03 AM
The 25-year-old Irishman started Killie's final seven games of the old season and manager Jefferies said: "Tim suffered an ankle injury that set him back but he returned and did well.

"He proved his fitness, he is still relatively young and we're pleased he signed a two-year deal. Tim's best position is right-back. He has has filled in for us at centre-half before and also played left-back but we believe right-back is his natural position.

"He's an out-and-out full-back and gets up and down the pitch well as he has great stamina"

Not that I agree with Jeffries about much but both him and Fenlon have said it's his best position, as has he.

Mothwerwell needed to cover for injuries which is why he had played more centrally for them recently.

And did a very good job , all im saying is every time ive seen him play ch hes played well

Andy74
06-08-2012, 11:06 AM

And did a very good job , all im saying is every time ive seen him play ch hes played well

No, you said it was his best position, for you.

hibees 7062
06-08-2012, 11:18 AM
[QUOTE=hibees 7062;3315929]

No, you said it was his best position, for you.

It is his best position FOR ME , FOR ME a player who played centre half for the best team outwith the old firm is surely a good option for a position we have a problem with