PDA

View Full Version : Fenlon is not the issue

dp00
05-08-2012, 08:24 PM
In my opinion Fenlon is not the issue....

All the players he has brought in are decent quality and look like they can do a job for us, it's the dross we have been left with who we can't punt so need to keep which means we can't get other players in.

We need to keep the faith... It's going to be a tough tough season but it will be worth it in the end

GGTTH

Cabbage East
05-08-2012, 08:30 PM
I agree. Fenlon is trying to sort a deep rooted problem that has been festering since around the Mowbray era. The problem is simple. We are soft. We are nice. The club has tried, successfully, to change our image and turn us into a family friendly club. This has leaked into every part of our club. We are soft on the pitch, we are soft off it. I can't even remember the last heavy challenge I saw a Hibs player make. We are a soft touch and I'm ****ing sick of it.

Macaroon
05-08-2012, 08:34 PM
I agree. Fenlon is trying to sort a deep rooted problem that has been festering since around the Mowbray era. The problem is simple. We are soft. We are nice. The club has tried, successfully, to change our image and turn us into a family friendly club. This has leaked into every part of our club. We are soft on the pitch, we are soft off it. I can't even remember the last heavy challenge I saw a Hibs player make. We are a soft touch and I'm ****ing sick of it.

The encouraging thing is that I can. Paul Cairney, today.

Heisenberg
05-08-2012, 08:36 PM
The encouraging thing is that I can. Paul Cairney, today.

Was encouraging that he was at least trying to get stuff going today. Did more than all of his fellow midfielders put together.

FromTheCapital
05-08-2012, 08:37 PM
Completely agree.

Fenlon came in after the destroying of Hibs from Colin Calderwood and done what he had to do by keeping us in the league, the cup would've been a bonus but it was not to be. Fenlon has said today that more new faces will be brought into the club. Yes, it was a terrible start to the season against a decent Dundee Utd team. Yes, we are not an amazing, great to watch football team but as fans we cannot get on Fenlon's back 90 minutes into the new season. If it's like this come January then we can begin to complain but until then we must get behind Fenlon and the team and hope we bring in a few new, decent players and push for a respectable league finish...

:rolleyes:

Macaroon
05-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Completely agree.

Fenlon came in after the destroying of Hibs from Colin Calderwood and done what he had to do by keeping us in the league, the cup would've been a bonus but it was not to be. Fenlon has said today that more new faces will be brought into the club. Yes, it was a terrible start to the season against a decent Dundee Utd team. Yes, we are not an amazing, great to watch football team but as fans we cannot get on Fenlon's back 90 minutes into the new season. If it's like this come January then we can begin to complain but until then we must get behind Fenlon and the team and hope we bring in a few new, decent players and push for a respectable league finish...

While I agree with a large amount of your post, I hate the idea so many Hibs fans have of waiting until January to start judging our performances seriously. By that point, if things are going disastrously, it is already far to late to change it with anything short of managerial genius. I'm not saying we should make knee-jerk decisions but we cannot let the club off with a string of terrible performances just because it's nearer the start of the season than the end.

bookert
05-08-2012, 08:43 PM
I agree. Fenlon is trying to sort a deep rooted problem that has been festering since around the Mowbray era. The problem is simple. We are soft. We are nice. The club has tried, successfully, to change our image and turn us into a family friendly club. This has leaked into every part of our club. We are soft on the pitch, we are soft off it. I can't even remember the last heavy challenge I saw a Hibs player make. We are a soft touch and I'm ****ing sick of it.. So fenlon not to blame for playing mcpake on the left side of the two centre backs, leaving stephen covering a right back in his first game, nightmare. Fenlon not to blame for asking the new keeper to continually launch the ball to griffiths. I watched the cup final in disbelief, narrow midfield against a team using the width of hampden. He is clueless admit it.

Emerald
05-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Completely agree.

You don't need to have a team of good or better players to stop the opposition playing though. If PF wen't into todays match knowing like we all did that Utd were a better team, he should have played to our strengths. We gifted them space all over the park, did'nt mark and then when we had the ball hoofed it high to the small forwards. If we can't match them for skill at least make it difficult for them to play. If this is not at least partly Fenlons fault the who's fault is it?

Macaroon
05-08-2012, 08:46 PM
. So fenlon not to blame for playing mcpake on the left side of the two centre backs, leaving stephen covering a right back in his first game, nightmare. Fenlon not to blame for asking the new keeper to continually launch the ball to griffiths. I watched the cup final in disbelief, narrow midfield against a team using the width of hampden. He is clueless admit it.

Clancy is an experience SPL pro. Why on earth should he need support from a 20 year old youngster? It should be the other way around. Clancy should not need to be covered at RB and I think you judging Pat Fenlon because of which side of central defence our CB's are played in is ridiculous.

Northernhibee
05-08-2012, 08:48 PM
I think that there were a few players to get pass marks today. Williams - quality keeper. McPake - not his best game but still looked solid and a leader. Clancy - reliable, put in a lovely hard tackle at the corner flag halfway through the second half. Cairney - excellent attitude. Doyle - when given the ball to feet, did some nice things with it.

The common ground is that they are PF signings. The ones that need to buck their ideas up are CC, Yogi or older signings. We constantly played like we were a man down as the variation between our good players and not good enough players is massive.

PF knows how to win and that can be seen at previous clubs, he managed to get a ****ing woeful side to a cup final too.

Give him time. It'll take this season and maybe next to recover. I don't know if I would feel the same about Hibs if the board did the "sack the manager before the AGM" trick again and the majority of fans fell for it yet again.

Heedersnvolleys
05-08-2012, 08:54 PM
In my opinion Fenlon is not the issue....

GGTTH
Heard he might be, old school training, old school tactics, if the other thread tonight is true and he is telling "random" folk that(which I cannot believe) then his man management is shocking.

Heedersnvolleys
05-08-2012, 08:56 PM
But we cannot change the manager again!

Captain Trips
05-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Not up to the job.

Jim44
05-08-2012, 09:23 PM
But we cannot change the manager again!

Oh yes we can and in time we possibly will. The only consolation is that Petrie and his crew will have to go with him.

LeighLoyal
05-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Completely agree.

I think you'll find Collins, Mixu and Hughes did a fair bit of damage during their tenures also. Collins bringing in sh it like Brian Kerr, Alan O'Brien, Curier and Nish. Mixu bringing in silky talents like Zarabi and persisting with dross like Chisholm and the rubbish left by Collins. Hughes made two good signings, Miller and Stokes, amongst disasters like De Graaf and all the Falkirk rejects he thought could cut it. Calderwood was worse than those? Not really.

Saorsa
05-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Oh yes we can and in time we possibly will. The only consolation is that Petrie and his crew will have to go with him.You'd have thought that efter he'd nailed his colours tae the mast of the sinking ship of colin deadwood but nah, he's still here. It's always somebody else's fault and never his :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-08-2012, 10:13 PM
I think you can blame Fenlon for the formation and players selected today. Keep punting the ball up to Griffiths all day, that'll work!

skipster7
05-08-2012, 10:15 PM
I think you'll find Collins, Mixu and Hughes did a fair bit of damage during their tenures also. Collins bringing in sh it like Brian Kerr, Alan O'Brien, Curier and Nish. Mixu bringing in silky talents like Zarabi and persisting with dross like Chisholm and the rubbish left by Collins. Hughes made two good signings, Miller and Stokes, amongst disasters like De Graaf and all the Falkirk rejects he thought could cut it. Calderwood was worse than those? Not really.

tell you what, i'd bite your hand off for Colin Nish in this current Hibs team.we have no target whatsover up front(including gary o last season).

Macaroon
05-08-2012, 10:21 PM
tell you what, i'd bite your hand off for Colin Nish in this current Hibs team.we have no target whatsover up front(including gary o last season).

Nish couldn't jump for a Werther's original, his first touch could be likened to that of a brick wall, he had terrible ball control and his passing was worse than Ivan Sproule's.

If it was me, I'd let him keep his hand, actually.

Nakedmanoncrack
05-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Worst Hibs team I've ever seen and already I'm pinning my hopes on Dundee & possibly Ross County being even worse than us, no other reason to be optimistic of staying in SPL, how anyone can think Fenlon blameless defies belief.

IWasThere2016
05-08-2012, 10:28 PM
I think you can blame Fenlon for the formation and players selected today. Keep punting the ball up to Griffiths all day, that'll work!

Yup - brutal stuff. Felt for Griffiths having to work with that guff!

marinello59
05-08-2012, 10:29 PM

Colin Nish had his faults but he was a proven SPL striker who was doing a pretty decent job for us untill we turned on him. Funny you should mention Garry O, in the latter part of last season he spent more time on his arse than Nish did yet got half the flak. Ok for one of our own though but not for Hibs supporter Nish.

skipster7
05-08-2012, 10:35 PM
Nish couldn't jump for a Werther's original, his first touch could be likened to that of a brick wall, he had terrible ball control and his passing was worse than Ivan Sproule's.

he always looked to have goals in him though,cumbersome yes tripping over yes, better than what weve got ? without doubt.the last time i was at tannadice he scored both goals to put us in europe,a few days after getting 3 at motherwell ,also remember him scoring a 25 yarder at utd. was nicknamed colin p**h on here laughably.

sahib
05-08-2012, 10:38 PM

You could fill the team with the ruddy sas and it wouldn't help if they can't play the game. We need decent footballers playing as a team with some sort of tactical structure.

skipster7
05-08-2012, 10:39 PM
Colin Nish had his faults but he was a proven SPL striker who was doing a pretty decent job for us untill we turned on him. Funny you should mention Garry O, in the latter part of last season he spent more time on his arse than Nish did yet got half the flak. Ok for one of our own though but not for Hibs supporter Nish.
i sat with his brother that game at dundee, cringworthy some of the shouts at the big man.

Jonnyboy
05-08-2012, 10:40 PM

Yep, Nishy was an easy target but scored a fair few goals for Hibs before being hounded out.

As for GOC, when you've an arse the size of the six yard box it's hard no tae sit on it :greengrin

McKenzie
05-08-2012, 11:17 PM

Remind me again who the 10th all time top scorer in this league is?

Famous5forever
05-08-2012, 11:19 PM
Remind me again who the 10th all time top scorer in this league is?

worse than Sproules you having a laugh ?:confused: