PDA

View Full Version : Today's formation

Cameron1875
05-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Please never again Pat and especially not with these set of players.

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-08-2012, 08:00 PM
When we need stability why we don't go with 4-4-2 baffles me.

marinello59
05-08-2012, 08:20 PM
When we need stability why we don't go with 4-4-2 baffles me.

Because Fenlon obviously doesn't trust our midfield to stand strong. And who can blame him. Hopefully the addition of Deegan means we go 4 4 2 next week.

Stan the Man
05-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Agree 100%.

Without a strong striker / target man to lead the line and bring the supporting three in to play, the formation fails before it even starts.

As for the quality and will to win of well over half of the team...... That is a whole other ball game.

dmc1875
06-08-2012, 02:54 AM
People can laugh all they want but a starting line up of:

williams
maybury clancy mcpake hanlon

Sproule deegan kerr cairney

Griffiths Kyle

Would be far superior to the dross we are watching now :agree:

andrew70
06-08-2012, 07:20 AM
People can laugh all they want but a starting line up of:

williams
maybury clancy mcpake hanlon

Sproule deegan kerr cairney

Griffiths Kyle

Would be far superior to the dross we are watching now :agree:

Hanlon isn't a left back,
Mark Kerr is bloody awful worse than Stevenson
I hope we can attract better than Kyle.

The effort was there yesterday unfortunately though players like Sproule, Stephens, Stevenson, Doyle just weren't good enough.

Heisenberg
06-08-2012, 07:24 AM
Hanlon isn't a left back,
Mark Kerr is bloody awful worse than Stevenson
I hope we can attract better than Kyle.

The effort was there yesterday unfortunately though players like Sproule, Stephens, Stevenson, Doyle just weren't good enough.

If anyone is worse than Stevenson on yesterdays performance I'll be absolutely astonished.

bigwheel
06-08-2012, 07:40 AM
This "we can do better than Kyle" view astounds me...I can accept a fitness argument , but did anyone see him completely boss the game against us at Tynecastle - he was almost unplayable .. It's a long time since we have seen a CF performance like that in a green jersey ...

Albion Hibs
06-08-2012, 08:17 AM
IMO pat got his team wrong yet again.

Playing arguably our best CH at LB is stupid. Playing 3/4 CH in a back four with two sitting midfielders in front of them is stupid. We just invited pressure all day long.

Pat for whatever reason does not think he can get the best out of Booth, which is a shame, because to accommodate this position we are playing with a totally imbalanced team. We dont need Maybury so if he is just chasing another one of his agents players then he needs to ask him for a striker instead.