PDA

View Full Version : Match Ratings

McPake6
05-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Williams: 7- Hibs MOTM in my opinion despite conceding 3.
Clancy: 6- Put in some good tackles but was at fault for 1st goal. Needs to up his confidence.
McPake: 5- Not his usual self, but still one of our bright points
Stephens: 2.5 if that- At fault for almost all the goals, didnt put a challenge in at all, didnt seem interested, bye bye
Hanlon: 5- Seemed ok.

Stevenson: 1.5- He isAnyone who thinks he is a good footballer is daft. He couldnt get a game for my laddie's -10's team. Canny pass a ball for toffee!!!
Cairney: 6- Seemed alright. Got stuck in. Did a job. Done' Paul:agree:
Wotherspoon: 1- Nothing to say. He is hopeless. What Fenlon see's in him is beyond me. :fuming:
Doyle: 4- Meh. What Fenlon is doing playing him CAM is bizarre. He's a striker. He gets paid to put the ball in the net and he cant do it!!!
Sproule: 1/2- Past it. Lost his pace, basically . Bye bye

Griffiths: 5- Been played as a target man when he is 5ft 7 odd? In all fairness it wasnt his fault. He didnt get any supply from the midfield as per. Needs a partner. Something needs doing

I'm just raging at the moment. Summer of change? Aye right then. Fenlon needs to bring in 5/6 more GOOD QUALITY PLAYERS, not just some ''LOI superstar''. If this isnt done, I cant see Fenlon being in charge by January. Farmer, invest or off

Glory Glory to the hibees eh?:wink:

truehibernian
05-08-2012, 07:25 PM
Hanlon was my MOTM today - did his shift, did his job, only criticism was his weakish header which led to the second - that said, how you can leave the Utd dangerman GMS unmarked in your own box says it all - Hibs were imposters today.

Williams did well and cannot be faulted for the goals - top class save, handling good and kicking from the deck near perfect.

The rest can take a long long look at themselves tonight and really ask themselves do they think they are professional footballers - for me Wotherspoon, Lewis and Stephens have had their chance at Hibernian and again, for me, should have been told to find new clubs.

Chronically weak in midfield, with no strength, no pace in it, no balance and no directness/creativity.

Playing one up top, home and away, strikes of negativity and fear of defeat rather than knowing you can win.

Contrast that to United today - a dynamic 4-3-3, pace and width, power up front, terrierlike workmanship in midfield, solid no nonsense defending at the back. And that was a team that played midweek and actually took players off today to 'rest them' - oh how far we have fallen in four years.

SMAXXA
05-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Hanlon was my MOTM today - did his shift, did his job, only criticism was his weakish header which led to the second - that said, how you can leave the Utd dangerman GMS unmarked in your own box says it all - Hibs were imposters today.

Williams did well and cannot be faulted for the goals - top class save, handling good and kicking from the deck near perfect.

The rest can take a long long look at themselves tonight and really ask themselves do they think they are professional footballers - for me Wotherspoon, Lewis and Stephens have had their chance at Hibernian and again, for me, should have been told to find new clubs.

Chronically weak in midfield, with no strength, no pace in it, no balance and no directness/creativity.

Playing one up top, home and away, strikes of negativity and fear of defeat rather than knowing you can win.

Contrast that to United today - a dynamic 4-3-3, pace and width, power up front, terrierlike workmanship in midfield, solid no nonsense defending at the back. And that was a team that played midweek and actually took players off today to 'rest them' - oh how far we have fallen in four years.

No for me, he did as bad as the rest of the back 4, well maybe no as bad as Stephens

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Today's match doesnt merit a ratings thread.

Williams gets a 7 (marked down for conceding 3).

The rest get 1 (at a push).

AlbertK86
05-08-2012, 07:30 PM

Hanlon -weak header .... No way

Wotherspiniesta
05-08-2012, 07:35 PM
Williams- 7 Could do nothing with the goals. Good presence and a great save from Russel.

Clancy- 5 Shaky start. Decent 2nd half. Mackay-Stevens would trouble any SPL defender.
McPake- 4 Very below par by his standards. Never got to grips with Daly.
Stephens- 2 Lethargic. Doesn't seem to want it enough. Couldn't handle Russel's pace and trickery.
Hanlon- 5 Not quick enough for LB, but wasn't bad.

Wotherspoon- 4 Not involved enough but some neat touches 2nd half.
Crainey- 6 Never hid, got stuck in. Type of player we'll need next week.
Stevenson- 1 Spent most of the game ball watching. When he got the ball, ha gave it away. Awful.
Doyle- 5 Would have been higher, but can't remember him touching the ball 2nd half.
Sproule- 2 Mince. Never gets his head up and can't pass/cross.

Griffiths- 5 Chased lost balls but the head dropped 2nd half, which was worrying.

Handling- 3 Little impact
Caldwell- 3 Little impact.

juniorhibbee
05-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Williams played well, hanlon was decent, carniey had a few decent touches and passes but overall the team lacks pace and creativity. It says it all really that there was no shots on target after going behind after 3 minutes. No fight in the team at all.

hibsbollah
05-08-2012, 07:39 PM
Williams 7 Great instinctive save, really vocal throughout.

Hanlon 3 sorry TH but if Hanlon was MOTM i am Usain Bolt. Not a leftback, Pat.
McPake 5
Stephens 3 oh dear
Clancy 4

Stevenson 2 Absent.
Spoony 2 Absent.
Cairney 6
Sproule 3
Doyle 6 held it up well
Griffiths 6

SMAXXA
05-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Williams 7 Great instinctive save, really vocal throughout.

Hanlon 3 sorry TH but if Hanlon was MOTM i am Usain Bolt. Not a leftback, Pat.
McPake 5
Stephens 3 oh dear
Clancy 4

Stevenson 2 Absent.
Spoony 2 Absent.
Cairney 6
Sproule 3
Doyle 6 held it up well
Griffiths 6

Agree with this 100%

fife hfc
05-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Only players who look like they can do anything for us this season are the ones Fenlon has signed - Williams, Clancy, Mcpake, Cairney and Griffiths. Hanlon was not bad but should be moved to centre half. Doyle is not a left sided midfielder so I'm not going to criticise too much.

Worst were players here before Fenlon came in Stephens, Stevenson, Wotherspoon and Sproule. Out of them Stephens and Sproule should be dumped and the other two only back up.

SMAXXA
05-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Only players who look like they can do anything for us this season are the ones Fenlon has signed - Williams, Clancy, Mcpake, Cairney and Griffiths. Hanlon was not bad but should be moved to centre half. Doyle is not a left sided midfielder so I'm not going to criticise too much.

Worst were players here before Fenlon came in Stephens, Stevenson, Wotherspoon and Sproule. Out of them Stephens and Sproule should be dumped and the other two only back up.

Absalutley brilliant point, some of the Fenlon hating bams should give this a consideration when chastising the man. Some people need to take a look at themselves and have a reality check.

frazeHFC
05-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Wasn't there, but going by the TV.

Williams 7

Clancy 5
McPake 5
Stephens 2
Hanlon 6

Wotherspoon 5
Cairney 5
Stevenson 5
Sproule 3

Doyle 6
Griffiths 6

Sean1875
05-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Cairney and Williams were the only 2 I would give pass marks to today, perhaps possibly Sparky aswell. Suppose its a positive that they are new signings (with the exception of Sparky) right..? :rolleyes:

SteveHFC
05-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Williams - Decent

Clancy - Pish
McPake - Pish
Stephens - Just get ****ing rid!
Hanlon - Pish

Wotherspoon - Pish
Cairney - Best Hibs player on the park
Stevenson - Get Rid
Sproule - Get Rid

Doyle - Get Rid
Griffiths - Pish

lucky
05-08-2012, 11:08 PM
Williams 6

Clancy 4
McPake 5
Stevens 2
Hanlon 4

Sproule 2
Crainey 4
Stevenson 3

Spoony 4
Griffiths 5
Doyle 4

Pat Fenlon 3 playing the wrong players in the wrong positions

Hibs fans 6

Northernhibee
05-08-2012, 11:51 PM
Williams - 7

Clancy 6
McPake 6
Stephens: 3.5
Hanlon: 5

Stevenson: 4
Cairney: 6
Wotherspoon 5
Doyle: 7
Sproule: 4

Griffiths: 5

shetlandhibee
06-08-2012, 12:22 AM
Willams 7

Clancy 3
Stephens -1 ( does he know how to play football)
Mcpake 2
Hanlon 3 ( couldnt keep the ball on the ground like the rest of the team)

Stevenson 1 (failed to control the midfield and couldnt string a few simple passes around)
Cairney 6 ( didnt play well but showed a lot of heart and work rate)

Wotherspoon 3
doyle 3 (ok first half didnt see him second half)
Sproule 0 ( shocking he couldnt pass the ball and doesnt have the pace of Makay-Steven)

Griffiths 4 (very fast but didnt see much of the ball)

Players to sign McManus,Bryon moore,Sandaza,Sheridan,Tempoltan and new Center Mid maybe Zemama (on loan) , maybury
New squad

---------------Sheridan-----Sandaza-----Moore
----------------------------Tempoltan-----
--------------------Claros-------------Zemama
------Maybury------------------------------------Clancy
---------------------McManus----McPake---------
----------------------------Williams

shetlandhibee
06-08-2012, 12:31 AM
weve always had gole probblems and a great team now its the oppiste:worried:

JohnStephens91
06-08-2012, 01:24 AM
Williams - 7 - Didn't really make many errors and was vocal towards the defence, had no chance with the goals.

Clancy - 5 - Didn't do much of note either positive or negative, really needs a confidence booster asap.
McPake - 5 - Same as Clancy really.
Stephens - 1 - one of the worst performances I have seen from a Hibs player. Needs to improve and very, very fast.
Hanlon - 4 - was too weak and couldn't deal with the pace that Utd offered.

Stevenson - 6 - got stuck in and showed heart in a team lacking a lot of it, passing accuracy left lack though.
Cairney - 7 - tried his hardest to operate in the defensive midfield role and showed effort in the challenges. Needs to be an attacking midfielder as this is his natural position.

Sproule - 1 - first touches were pitiful most of the game and no end product. Lost all pace too.
Wotherspoon - 3 - was very weak and slow today, did not create much or really properly tackle a rampant Dundee Utd midfield.
Doyle - 6 - looked good going forward, created a chance for Griffiths and fired a shot just wide, didn't see much second half action due to poor team display.

Griffiths - 6 - showed real commitment and tried his hardest to win headers against a physical Dundee Utd defence, needs a strike partner to operate.

Subs: Caldwell - 4 - didn't do much in the time on the park, chased down balls though and showed some effort.
Handling - 3 - looked quite weak and showed some immaturity in the way he played, should hopefully get better.
O'Hanlon - 10 - didn't put a foot wrong and remained in his position for the full 1.4 seconds on the pitch.

essexhibee
06-08-2012, 02:09 AM
Tempoltan. Lol.

Northernhibee
06-08-2012, 03:54 PM
Tempoltan. Lol.

It's like playing ISS Pro '98 all over again :greengrin

Thought MacPoke had a poor game yesterday