PDA

View Full Version : Online Poll.

Thecat23
05-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Ok guys, a lot of arguing on here since today's defeat. Some more than others think enough is enough (me included) others are brushing it off as "It's only one game". Anyway here is a poll.

Would you be happy for an online petition to be done and sent to the board either asking for change or demanding they step down? If there is enough I think i know someone who may be willing to get this going.

bighairyfaeleith
05-08-2012, 06:58 PM
nope I believe we have a good setup, solid foundations and in time the team will come good.

Franck Stanton
05-08-2012, 07:01 PM
nope I believe we have a good setup, solid foundations and in time the team will come good.

You must be on drugs mate.

Thecat23
05-08-2012, 07:02 PM

Fair do's mate. Not being cheeky or that but why do you think this? after 4 years of getting worse and no sign of getting better, what makes you think everything will be ok?

HoboHarry
05-08-2012, 07:02 PM
No, stick your online poll where the sun doesn't shine. Instead, contact the board and give them your reasoned measures to ensure future success and then come back here and tell us how it went.

Thecat23
05-08-2012, 07:05 PM
No, stick your online poll where the sun doesn't shine. Instead, contact the board and give them your reasoned measures to ensure future success and then come back here and tell us how it went.

If you read my post that's what i'm doing. I want to see how many think we need new blood. Then i'll send it to the board. If you're not interested in the poll why comment? :confused:

HoboHarry
05-08-2012, 07:09 PM
If you read my post that's what i'm doing. I want to see how many think we need new blood. Then i'll send it to the board. If you're not interested in the poll why comment? :confused:
New blood? In the boardroom?

Houchy
05-08-2012, 07:09 PM
Hell YES... but it aint going to happen:rolleyes:

Thecat23
05-08-2012, 07:14 PM
New blood? In the boardroom?

Yeah in the boardroom.

HoboHarry
05-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Yeah in the boardroom.
And where is the Knight in shining armour with loads of money coming from? You seriously think Tom Farmer wouldn't sell up if the right offer came in? Rangers couldn't find a credible buyer over the summer so what chance do we have. Did the summer pass you by?

Viva_Palmeiras
05-08-2012, 07:18 PM
IF it's all about "new investment" should all other clubs not ask their boards to resign?

Thecat23
05-08-2012, 07:19 PM
You did ask, 'would you be happy'?

You stated that you would ask for a change or have them step down, We've had numerous changes.
Still, tell us who your new boardroom team is and how much of their own money they are going to give the club and you might get a different response.

oh,
I think it's juvenile and comes across as anti Hibs.

Just my opinion though, not starting a poll or anything.

Are you for real? I'm hoping for a whole new board/owner just my opinion. Why would I need to pick them? Surely Farmer would if he sells. But hey he will live forever right along with hot Rod.. Know one can do the work they do so lets just sit back and accept it. Plus you think i'm anti Hibs? happy to pm you my seat number and we can discuss this, then you will see i'm defo not anti Hibs. I love this club along with everyone and are very worried how things are run.

The Falcon
05-08-2012, 07:21 PM
The options are very poorly put to be honest. I think nearly everybody would agree that we need investment, although I would not be prepared to risk the future of the club to provide. Petrie and Farmer may, or may not, be the best available option and until we know who else is available, we cant make an informed choice. And thirdly, why would folk that didnt "care anymore" care enough to vote on an online poll. Just some thoughts.

Thecat23
05-08-2012, 07:22 PM
And where is the Knight in shining armour with loads of money coming from? You seriously think Tom Farmer wouldn't sell up if the right offer came in? Rangers couldn't find a credible buyer over the summer so what chance do we have. Did the summer pass you by?

Jeezo, who said anything at all about a "Knight in shinning armour?" To start with we have prob the best foundations bar Celtic for a new buyer to invest. Not millions but more than the current board. Do this the fans come back.

Summer didn't pass me buy at all and i'm also not buying into the scaremongering by press telling us the game is on it's knees. We have a new TV deal our season ticket sales have gone up after this plea. So please tell me again why someone wouldn't want to buy a financially sound club? With the chance to to very well.

bobbyhibs1983
05-08-2012, 07:22 PM

A bit harsh there mate imo.
The difference between us and rangers is rangers have a 95million tax bill(as far as i know/read) and other huge debts that need to be dealt with.

It ll cost somone say 5million to buy us, 7-8million to pay off our debt, and 5million or so to build /invest in a new team or whatever.now thats 18million for hibs vs around 100million for rangers.Now anyone with half a brain would rather buy a club for 18million compared to 100million right?

hibsmad
05-08-2012, 07:23 PM
Why is the option "yes, we need new investment"?

Do you think that there is a que of investors waiting to plough money in an that Farmer and Petrie arent interested?

If you feel strongly enough that the board needs freshened up and that guys like Petrie need to step down then fair enough, as a fan and a paying customer that's your right. However please don't approach the board with a poll that suggests we need investment and therefore we want change. Every club in the world bar one or two needs/wants investment.

Thecat23
05-08-2012, 07:24 PM
The options are very poorly put to be honest. I think nearly everybody would agree that we need investment, although I would not be prepared to risk the future of the club to provide. Petrie and Farmer may, or may not, be the best available option and until we know who else is available, we cant make an informed choice. And thirdly, why would folk that didnt "care anymore" care enough to vote on an online poll. Just some thoughts.

3rd was just for the sake of it. But i prob could have worded it better.

The very future of this club is surely based on the fans and results right? 4 years both have got worse so i can't agree with you on that.

mca
05-08-2012, 07:26 PM
I Wanted to tick bot the yes and no boxes...

Yes - we need new investment.. and until some mega rich sheik or something strolls up then i also tick the NO.. i tust petrie and farmer..

Reckon paddy was playing mind games today... he just wants us to win against hearts.. so he set us up to lose today... :na na:

With the new guy in midfield... we are going to rip hearts apart.... :agree:

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-08-2012, 07:28 PM
So far 11 people need their heads examined :rolleyes:

lEXO
Who is going to invest in Scottish football? The real problem for me has been the money wasted on a procession of bad signings by bad managers. Our club is in crisis, no doubt about that. However anybody who thinks that somebody is gonny ride in with a pile of cash is kidding themselves.

Thecat23
Why is the option "yes, we need new investment"?

Do you think that there is a que of investors waiting to plough money in an that Farmer and Petrie arent interested?

If you feel strongly enough that the board needs freshened up and that guys like Petrie need to step down then fair enough, as a fan and a paying customer that's your right. However please don't approach the board with a poll that suggests we need investment and therefore we want change. Every club in the world bar one or two needs/wants investment.

I won't word it like i have here. I have no idea if there is anyone who want's to buy Hibs, but unless Farmer says i've had enough we won't know. I'm grateful Farmer came in when he did and will always be thankful. But that doesn't mean he has to stay forever, I just think we need a new investor and unless we go up for sale we will never know.

Elephant Stone
05-08-2012, 07:29 PM
No middle ground between the lovely sounding "we need new investment" and having "every trust" in the board?

GreenCastle
05-08-2012, 07:31 PM
The issue is Farmer won't even entertain into talks let alone try and sell anytime soon.

Who would buy / invest in Hibs - we don't fully know as Farmer is impossible to deal with.

Elephant Stone
05-08-2012, 07:33 PM
The issue is Farmer won't even entertain into talks let alone try and sell anytime soon.

I find that very hard to believe. Where you getting this from?

J-C
05-08-2012, 07:36 PM
We have an owner who's more into rugby and only bought the club because of the Leith bit and not wanting to see the Mercer takeover.

He doesn't want to invest and is only interested in making sure we don't go down the pan.

We have a chairman who was STF right hand man and was made chairman, solely to look after STF investment., RP is also a big rugby man and has little interest in football except at ER.

There may be no wage structure but due to the tight controls over the purse strings, we are either not paying enough or the bonuses etc are so poor hardly a decent player will sign for us.

We've had a poor drinking culture at the club for a few years now and the board have yet to address this issue. We've seen good promising young players disappear into obscurity or not reach their potential and decent players come to ER, play poorly, then turn it on when they move ( Rankin etc, )

If STF isn't prepared to invest to make this once great club great again, then he should step aside and allow someone to take over the reins.

DarlingtonHibee
05-08-2012, 07:36 PM

Who would buy / invest in Hibs - we don't fully know as Farmer is impossible to deal with.

Source ?

The Falcon
05-08-2012, 07:37 PM
3rd was just for the sake of it. But i prob could have worded it better.

The very future of this club is surely based on the fans and results right? 4 years both have got worse so i can't agree with you on that.

Did the football club formerly known as Rangers not have both, in spades?

There is a balance to be struck and football clubs rarely get it right.

LeighLoyal
05-08-2012, 07:40 PM
We'll just have to sit tight and wait until the window closes. Looking at today we need a striker and some width. We can surely get the defence sorted out with the personnel available. The one worry is Stephens, just not commanding and allows himself to be bullied, odd for a guy his size. Stevenson may as well have been playing a Sunday league match today for all the impact he made, and Sproule just didn't make any impact. Cairney did okay, as did Doyle. But that was it apart from the keeper. None of it helped by Fenlon's 4321 that I don't like. It certainly didn't work today, it was 3-0 going on 6.

GreenCastle
05-08-2012, 07:40 PM
I find that very hard to believe. Where you getting this from?

Previous history - several fans have had contact with Farmer over the years and will back this up.

At the next opportunity ask Farmer how much Hibs are worth and his selling price...good luck getting a reply.

basehibby
05-08-2012, 07:43 PM
I put No however that's not to say I think everything in the garden is rosy.

I put No principally because in order for Farmer to sell there needs to be a buyer in the wings who is markedly an improvement on the current owner. Farmer is very frugal but he IS a safe pair of hands IMO which is my primary concern as far as ownership of Hibs is concerned. Recent events at Ibrox should serve notice that the trustworthiness of people interested in buying football clubs is not guaranteed by any stretch of the imagination.

The case for Petrie's ongoing involvement is much less clear. He has been THE key member of the board for a long time now and must shoulder his share of the responsibility for the last 3 years of increasing failure on the pitch. He has made a positive contribution to Hibs on the whole but that is in severe danger of being tarnished as the other side of his canny management style seems to be a lack of imagination to think outside of the accountant's mindset - something which I think has been counter productive at times and has contributed to our malaise.

If, either through lack of sufficient backing or lack of managerial talent, Fenlon becomes another victim of the AGM syndrome then I don't think there's any doubt that Petrie should go with him.

DarlingtonHibee
05-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Previous history - several fans have had contact with Farmer over the years and will back this up.

At the next opportunity ask Farmer how much Hibs are worth and his selling price...good luck getting a reply.

Absolute bull****.

Thecat23
05-08-2012, 07:50 PM
I put No however that's not to say I think everything in the garden is rosy.

I put No principally because in order for Farmer to sell there needs to be a buyer in the wings who is markedly an improvement on the current owner. Farmer is very frugal but he IS a safe pair of hands IMO which is my primary concern as far as ownership of Hibs is concerned. Recent events at Ibrox should serve notice that the trustworthiness of people interested in buying football clubs is not guaranteed by any stretch of the imagination.

The case for Petrie's ongoing involvement is much less clear. He has been THE key member of the board for a long time now and must shoulder his share of the responsibility for the last 3 years of increasing failure on the pitch. He has made a positive contribution to Hibs on the whole but that is in severe danger of being tarnished as the other side of his canny management style seems to be a lack of imagination to think outside of the accountant's mindset - something which I think has been counter productive at times and has contributed to our malaise.

If, either through lack of sufficient backing or lack of managerial talent, Fenlon becomes another victim of the AGM syndrome then I don't think there's any doubt that Petrie should go with him.

Cheers for at least taking time to say why you voted no and for what's it's worth i think this is a very good post mate. Agree about only selling to the right buyer and if Fenlon were to go Petrie surely can't survive again.

Elephant Stone
05-08-2012, 07:50 PM

Is this a joke?

Thecat23
05-08-2012, 07:58 PM
you're making things up now.

no one lives forever and I didn't say you were anti Hibs.
I said it comes across as anti Hibs, in my opinion.

you wanted to 'demand they step down' if they don't make changes, that would create a power vacuum with no one in control of the club.

There are new players at the club and I'm confident more will follow before the transfer window closes, well, a wee bit maybe confident.

We were beaten today by a team tipped to be second only to Celtic, no it isn't acceptable and we must be better this season than we were last.

No again you're missing the point. Yes I want a new board and I want Farmer to go public in selling. I've no idea if a buyer would come in know one does. Also know one can say we would be worse or any better but this board and owner has had it's day and fresh idea's and a new owner for me is a start. If know one comes forward then fine we're stuck with Farmer.

We lost so many players last year we needed more than the guys who we have brought in. Why are we leaving it late again? I'm happy we resigned McPake and i was happy with Griffiths too and Clancy. Never seen Cairney play so i'll reserve judgement until the lad has played a few but i've heard he's alright. I just don't see why folk keep saying it's only one game when everyone who's not a Hibs fan and loads who are can clearly see we have got worse with a weakend squad but it's all alright as it's only the first game and plenty time to sign someone.

GreenCastle
05-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Is this a joke?

No

GreenCastle
05-08-2012, 08:05 PM
Absolute bull****.

Your opinion.

My knowledge is that there are people who post on here and others who don't post on here who have been more pro-active than many on here and have had meetings with Farmer over the years and found the situation very frustrating.

Elephant Stone
05-08-2012, 08:05 PM
No

You think that I should contact Tom Farmer and ask him how much Hibernian Football Club is worth? And if he doesn't tell me, that means he isn't willing to sell the club?

sahib
05-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Be careful what you wish for folks.

The Falcon
05-08-2012, 08:08 PM
You think that I should contact Tom Farmer and ask him how much Hibernian Football Club is worth? And if he doesn't tell me, that means he isn't willing to sell the club?

Why dont the folk that are willing to buy go public with their offer rather than asking STF how much he wants? As I said I feel sure if they came out in the papers and outlined their plans, and investment, to take Hibs forward then folk could decide whether or not they backed them or not.

Elephant Stone
05-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Why dont the folk that are willing to buy go public with their offer rather than asking STF how much he wants? As I said I feel sure if they came out in the papers and outlined their plans, and investment, to take Hibs forward then folk could decide whether or not they backed them or not.

Most probably because they don't exist.

hibees 7062
05-08-2012, 08:10 PM
A bit harsh there mate imo.
The difference between us and rangers is rangers have a 95million tax bill(as far as i know/read) and other huge debts that need to be dealt with.

It ll cost somone say 5million to buy us, 7-8million to pay off our debt, and 5million or so to build /invest in a new team or whatever.now thats 18million for hibs vs around 100million for rangers.Now anyone with half a brain would rather buy a club for 18million compared to 100million right?

Would it , said who ?

GreenCastle
05-08-2012, 08:12 PM

Yes - please let us know as many others have failed.

I do agree with others be careful what you wish for but at the same time - do we not all agree of the potential of HFC and that we are massively under achieving ?

Thecat23
05-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Most probably because they don't exist.

May as well just pack it in now then eh? Know one in the world would buy us. close thread please.

DarlingtonHibee
05-08-2012, 08:15 PM
May as well just pack it in now then eh? Know one in the world would buy us. close thread please.

Most sensible post so far

The Falcon
05-08-2012, 08:15 PM

I do agree with others be careful what you wish for but at the same time - do we not all agree of the potential of HFC and that we are massively under achieving ?

I think you should at least show you have the means to purchase first. A sign of intent that you are serious with your interest in buying.

Thecat23
05-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Most sensible post so far

Why is that then? :rolleyes:

GreenCastle
05-08-2012, 08:20 PM
I think you should at least show you have the means to purchase first. A sign of intent that you are serious with your interest in buying.

Why ?

Your other post about showing your cards / cash first is also not the way to be successful.

Don't over complicate this - find out how much Farmer is willing to sell for - simple - then lets see if anyone comes forward. If no one comes forward - nothing changes. If people show interest...let's see how Farmer deals with it...

Until we know he wants to sell or a price - we will continue to under achieve.

DarlingtonHibee
05-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Your opinion.

My knowledge is that there are people who post on here and others who don't post on here who have been more pro-active than many on here and have had meetings with Farmer over the years and found the situation very frustrating.

Name one person.

STF would sell, but only to someone who he trusts to take the club forward and live within it's mean's, and not get us into the state we were when he came in.

He will not come back a second time to sort another mess out.

As much as I hate Rangers, they are a global brand with much larger revenue opportunities than us, and look how long its takem them to get a buyer (a dodgy one at that)

hibees 7062
05-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Be careful what you wish for folks.

:agree::agree:

The Falcon
05-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Why ?

Your other post about showing your cards / cash first is also not the way to be successful.

Don't over complicate this - find out how much Farmer is willing to sell for - simple - then lets see if anyone comes forward. If no one comes forward - nothing changes. If people show interest...let's see how Farmer deals with it...

Because if you dont have the means to pull it off then you are wasting everybodys time. One thing is for certain, Farmer would get more money selling the properties for development as opposed to selling as an ongoing football club. Do you agree?

Elephant Stone
05-08-2012, 08:28 PM
Why ?

Ah so it was this simple all along? Why did you wait 'til now to drop that one?

I honestly can't believe you think that you can email/call/ go to Tom's house and expect to find out how much he'd sell the club for. Unless a person is a credible and realistic investor it would be madness for him to talk about intimate details like that. You reckon you could phone Richard Branson to find out how much he wants for the trains?

down-the-slope
05-08-2012, 08:32 PM
not voted as questions are poor and none represent my views...

Of course we need investment...but from where....i support sir Toms tenure as we are still here to be arguing about :wink:....how can anyone besuggesting debt with recent and ongoing funding issues ib football..

We either 'invest' as supporters and hope its spent well and improvement and upward spiral comes..

or we watch from a distance and hope that PF can perform miricales with current resources and youngsters ...which lead to better results and uplift in support

any other way is just pure fantasy....

hibees 7062
05-08-2012, 08:38 PM

Could we the fans not buy Hibs like Dundee and StMirren , or invest in the team like utd and Celtic do ?

Hibeesforever
05-08-2012, 09:14 PM

I honestly can't believe you think that you can email/call/ go to Tom's house and expect to find out how much he'd sell the club for. Unless a person is a credible and realistic investor it would be madness for him to talk about intimate details like that. You reckon you could phone Richard Branson to find out how much he wants for the trains?

Hilarious!

I also haven't voted but I admire your approach and would support more pressure being placed upon Sir Tom to remove himself from the self imposed exile position that the Board, Hibs support and also the press have allowed him to take up as silent Hibs owner.

What the Rangers carry on has shown is that transparency is needed and at the moment although, Sir Tom is certainly a steady pair of hands due to his position within the wider community. By not knowing what his plans for the club are, this creates a situation for Hibernian football Club which could be creating future instability.

For example, succession planning ? Trust structure or selling shares for profit.

I like the new Rangers model, where there is no pretence. Mr Green is out to make money. This means spending money and investing to generate more money.
At Hibernian, we all talk about community and partnership and being in it together but this seems to conflict with what we really are which is a private company owned for profit to generate financial returns.
I personally think that this is why we are mediocre. If the players know that results are expected to generate profits, then they perform. At Hibernian, there is no pressure because the owner does not finanically mind if we win or lose. With season ticket money in upfront, all costs are covered regardless.

Certainly establish if there is a price to purchase Hibernian Football Club but more importantly, try and establish from Sir Tom what his NOT Rod Petrie's intentions are for Hibernian. And clarify exactly if Rod just reads Sir Tom's scripts and certianly what Rod Petrie has to deliver to Sir Tom as a business deliverable each year. Hibs are a subsidiary after all.

This is a crucial period in our clubs history, the last two years have been totally unacceptable and the owner needs to know this from as many Hibernian supporters as possible.

Rather than phone calls to the house.....I would suggest an open letter from the official supporters group addressed to the board of Hibernian football club asking to clarify the communication channels that are in place to govern correspondence with the major shareholder. The letter would ask what imput the major shareholder has to the business plan for the coming year and whether, for example, they need to be consulted on major financing issues.

It is important to establish if Sir Tom is having more involvement and if not, why not ?

:flag:

GreenCastle
05-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Because if you dont have the means to pull it off then you are wasting everybodys time. One thing is for certain, Farmer would get more money selling the properties for development as opposed to selling as an ongoing football club. Do you agree?

If you don't ask you don't get - how does Farmer know certain people don't have the means ? The issue is he won't tell them what the means are !

GreenCastle
05-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Name one person.

STF would sell, but only to someone who he trusts to take the club forward and live within it's mean's, and not get us into the state we were when he came in.

He will not come back a second time to sort another mess out.

As much as I hate Rangers, they are a global brand with much larger revenue opportunities than us, and look how long its takem them to get a buyer (a dodgy one at that)

Naming people on a public forum isn't the greatest idea :rolleyes:

If your so confident STF would sell - what's the price - the golden number?

Yes he was there to help the club many years ago but he hasn't put a single penny of his own money into the club - if you think he has ? Please show me the proof ?

GreenCastle
05-08-2012, 09:33 PM

Why would it be madness ? I'm not asking for his pin code for his VISA - a simple question how much the club we support and pour millions into is worth and how much would he sell it for ? Why is it such a private subject ?

The club need to be more transparent with their plans or they are going to have serious revolt on their door step very soon - if you think the crowds may be bad this season - if we continue this downward spiral think where they may in a years time.

Macaroon
05-08-2012, 09:39 PM

Yes he was there to help the club many years ago but he hasn't put a single penny of his own money into the club - if you think he has ? Please show me the proof ?

What proof do you have that he hasn't invested?

GreenCastle
05-08-2012, 09:42 PM
What proof do you have that he hasn't invested?

Can you show me proof for the original question I have asked please ?

Once you do I will reply to your question :wink:

Elephant Stone
05-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Why would it be madness ? I'm not asking for his pin code for his VISA - a simple question how much the club we support and pour millions into is worth and how much would he sell it for ? Why is it such a private subject ?

The club need to be more transparent with their plans or they are going to have serious revolt on their door step very soon - if you think the crowds may be bad this season - if we continue this downward spiral think where they may in a years time.

It wouldn't be mad for him to speak about it in the right circumstances, eg- if a supporters' group arranged to meet him. What you were saying is that you've heard of people asking him how much we're worth and they haven't heard back. You challenged me to find it out and implied that if I couldn't that would prove your point that he's not willing to sell. It would be amateurish and a little bit worrying if he would respond to any request for information like that, I'm saying that his reluctance to tell Joe Bloggs how much we're worth doesn't mean he's not open to selling.

Why do you think he's unwilling to sell anyway? Do you really think he enjoys owning Hibs? He doesn't seem like the type to own a sports team for an ego boost and by all accounts he doesn't really like football. I think if there was forthcoming investment he'd be delighted to some help or even to sell.

Macaroon
05-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Can you show me proof for the original question I have asked please ?

Once you do I will reply to your question :wink:

So you don't have evidence for your side of the argument either. Which renders the whole argument absolutely meaningless.

GreenCastle
05-08-2012, 10:14 PM
So you don't have evidence for your side of the argument either. Which renders the whole argument absolutely meaningless.

Where did I say I didn't have the evidence ? The evidence I am looking for is what STF has invested into Hibs ?

You have just admitted you have none so surely I have just made my point :rolleyes:

By the way not an argument - a discussion on a Hibs fans forum.

The Falcon
05-08-2012, 10:22 PM

There is a five million pound preference share in one of his companies which is basically money owed to STF by the football club. It dosent have to be repaid until the club is sold I think.

He also paid just over £3m to buy the club and I think, if you read the car park thread, all the money from the sale of the car park, which the club had already sold to the holding company (Farmer) years earlier, was used to benefit the club (over £9m)

There was also money transferred from the holding company to the football club at the end of season before last, about £1.25m I think. Probably more again this season.

That will be the starting point for any potential purchase right there.

gegs70
05-08-2012, 10:33 PM
Safety under farmer and petrie is great but diesnt always give entertainment or exciitemnt. In actual fact without the proper players you let the fans down an the youth players. This us a gd oportunity to be something but we are not taking it....there seems to be more than one way to kill a club than just being bankrupt!!!

Captain Trips
05-08-2012, 10:34 PM
I do not give a toss who has invested what anymore, this club has been inconsistant over the years and now our most consistant run is a shocking one. Hibs should never be in bottom 3 twice in a row with a IMO this summer a lame attempt to stop this run. It is quite clear the people running club are failing it, RP must have something on STF because he should have got punted over the whole CC fiasco.

The club is a joke from pitch to office and it is unforgivable and unacceptable and should have been nipped in bud ages ago.

El Gubbz
05-08-2012, 10:45 PM
Voted yes but on my 2 second reflection - NO. Third biggest budget in the SPL and we are getting played off the park in most games. Reasonably success youth players not making the cut in the last few years hasn't helped but our recent signing must be on more than the likes off Johhny Russell, Mackay-Stevens, Jon Daly etc but yet these players stand out against us every season. How cant our scouts spot these players? Who spotted Stephens? O'Hanlon? Claros (although I think there could be a player in there)? A lot of players who would look good in better teams but lack the James Mcpake in midfield and the James Mcpake upfront. The investment is there just not being used responsibly. GGTTH. If Hibernian appointed me manager/coach/scout then you would soon see a massive improvement. Just look at my FM team.

MrSmith
05-08-2012, 10:48 PM
I literally don't care anymore! I have been killed off by blandness! However, my boy was going to get his first season ticket this year but he has decided against it and I cannae blame him!

Macaroon
05-08-2012, 11:19 PM
Where did I say I didn't have the evidence ? The evidence I am looking for is what STF has invested into Hibs ?

You have just admitted you have none so surely I have just made my point :rolleyes:

By the way not an argument - a discussion on a Hibs fans forum.

I don't have an opinion either way, I'm playing devil's advocate. It seems unfair to demand evidence from someone on the other side of the 'discussion' when you seem unwilling (or unable) to offer any to back up your side.

FromTheCapital
06-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Rangers were in a very different situation than the one that Hibs are in...

Andy74
06-08-2012, 10:49 AM
If any of this new board can play on the wing or at centre forward then I'm all for it.

gbur123ukgb
06-08-2012, 10:52 AM
cant beleive 30 odd people still have faith in petrie and farmer
blind faith i think.
There has to be some hibs ans out there with money who could invest.
It is not as if Farmer is skint what would a couple of million each season be to him.
This season really presented him and petrie and opertunity to spend some cash to take hibs to where they should be

DarlingtonHibee
06-08-2012, 11:03 AM
blind faith i think.
It is not as if Farmer is skint what would a couple of million each season be to him.
This season really presented him and petrie and opertunity to spend some cash to take hibs to where they should be

Speechless. :confused:

Why should STF bail out Hibs for £2m per season - he stated from day one the club would need to live within its budget.

Andy74
06-08-2012, 11:03 AM
blind faith i think.

Perhaps some of us feel that the way to run a club is to live within it's own means and that they had done a decent job in doing that whilst building some superb facilities.

That doesn't mean what's on the park is acceptable but you can agree with that and not necessarily think that the owner or Chairman are to blame for that.

Why don't you ask Sir Tom for some money, have you tried that?

ManBearPig
06-08-2012, 11:08 AM

Couldn't agree more. There is NO chance of decent investment in current financial climate. We are one of more stable clubs thanks to the prudence of the board. Everyone shouts or we need more investment etc!! But don't say how this could be generated in a sustainable way. I bet most clubs especially likes of killie would love to have had our boards leadership in these times

DarlingtonHibee
06-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Couldn't agree more. There is NO chance of decent investment in current financial climate. We are one of more stable clubs thanks to the prudence of the board. Everyone shouts or we need more investment etc!! But don't say how this could be generated in a sustainable way. I bet most clubs especially likes of killie would love to have had our boards leadership in these times

:top marks

ManBearPig
06-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Oh and when tom farmer bailed us out of the sheight he did so on the proviso that hibs would become a self sustaining entity. Why should he be out of pocket defy season by about one or two million investors should not be treating club as a charity

gegs70
06-08-2012, 11:14 AM
I think that STF is right, unfortunately he isnt a young man and if he starts giving out huge budgets to hibs, if anything happened to him the money would stop. Who would save hibs then ?

To be honest hibs need to find other avenues to increase money coming in, maybe even investing in other local ventures pubs , clubs , hotels, restaurants, music venues.....something that will bring in regular money other than those in the stadium?

I dont know of any other milionaires passionate enough to throw away millions of pounds on hibs.:cb

DarlingtonHibee
06-08-2012, 11:16 AM
I do not give a toss who has invested what anymore, this club has been inconsistant over the years and now our most consistant run is a shocking one. Hibs should never be in bottom 3 twice in a row with a IMO this summer a lame attempt to stop this run. It is quite clear the people running club are failing it, RP must have something on STF because he should have got punted over the whole CC fiasco.

The club is a joke from pitch to office and it is unforgivable and unacceptable and should have been nipped in bud ages ago.

Why don't you invest then, or persuade some multi - millionaire to buy us ?

gegs70
06-08-2012, 11:33 AM
Why don't you invest then, or persuade some multi - millionaire to buy us ?

It depends whether STF would sell to anyone that he didnt feel was right for the club!

DarlingtonHibee
06-08-2012, 12:05 PM
It depends whether STF would sell to anyone that he didnt feel was right for the club!

Correct.

lucky
06-08-2012, 12:11 PM
No one would want to buy Hibs or virtually every other Scottish club. The Huns struggled twice to get a sale. The yams are up for sale with no takers.
Many on here STF spends his millions on Hibs.but on the ext sentence say they won't be back. I'm Hibs daft and I doubt I would spend millions on footballers who show no loyalty or passion for the club that pays them.

GreenCastle
07-08-2012, 01:23 PM
There is a five million pound preference share in one of his companies which is basically money owed to STF by the football club. It dosent have to be repaid until the club is sold I think.

He also paid just over £3m to buy the club and I think, if you read the car park thread, all the money from the sale of the car park, which the club had already sold to the holding company (Farmer) years earlier, was used to benefit the club (over £9m)

There was also money transferred from the holding company to the football club at the end of season before last, about £1.25m I think. Probably more again this season.

That will be the starting point for any potential purchase right there.

Farmer has been there to give loans and basically has been a good person to use with the banks to guarantee a return of the money he's lent as he's so wealthy.

He hasn't put a penny in of his own fortune - any money he's put in he wants back and will get back plus more usually due to interest.

There need to be a few questions asked to him -

Does he still want to sell the club in the future ?

If yes - what is the price and how is he going about trying to selling it ? - that is not a unfair question to ask.

If no - then what are his plans for the club to get us out this downward spiral ?

Other questions that need to be asked ? Would he sell the club and training ground or just one and keep the other ? The training ground has all that space for property and like the car park and all the homes built could raise a fortune.

The final question is what are the plans if something was ever to happen to STF - who is then going to run the club ?

GreenCastle
07-08-2012, 01:26 PM
No one would want to buy Hibs or virtually every other Scottish club. The Huns struggled twice to get a sale. The yams are up for sale with no takers.
Many on here STF spends his millions on Hibs.but on the ext sentence say they won't be back. I'm Hibs daft and I doubt I would spend millions on footballers who show no loyalty or passion for the club that pays them.

The Huns are a total mess and with many uncertainties hanging over them - many have inquired but not interested due to everything that has gone on.

The yams - still large debts with a run down stadium and no property / training ground like Hibs.

Hibs would be more attractive to a buyer than some may well think - with the stadium / training ground all complete - all that is missing is a team on the park!