PDA

View Full Version : A different perspective

bighairyfaeleith
05-08-2012, 06:31 PM
Ok so first off all today was disappointing but did anyone here expect us to win today?

We'll get beat next week as well by the way.

Now before start committing suicide en mass, lets have a wee reality check.

Fenlon was brought in half way through last season and with one transfer window managed to escape relegation and get us to a cup final. He has got rid of a lot of players who where not good enough, kept or secured the ones who where, i.e. Mcpake, Griffiths. He has signed some good signings during the summer in Ben Williams, Clancy and Cairney and hopefully the new lad nobody has seen yet will add an extra element of steel and control to the team.

We have two hard games to kick off the season and have lost the first one, will more than likely lose the second. So lets not panic, be realistic and back the team.

Just a thought likes

The Falcon
05-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Ok so first off all today was disappointing but did anyone here expect us to win today?

Fenlon was brought in half way through last season and with one transfer window managed to escape relegation and get us to a cup final. He has got rid of a lot of players who where not good enough, kept or secured the ones who where, i.e. Mcpake, Griffiths. He has signed some good signings during the summer in Ben Williams, Clancy and Cairney and hopefully the new lad nobody has seen yet will add an extra element of steel and control to the team.

We have two hard games to kick off the season and have lost the first one, will more than likely lose the second. So lets not panic, be realistic and back the team.

Just a thought likes

Well said that man.

Realism will never catch on though.

BEEJ
05-08-2012, 06:36 PM
The manner and the margin of the defeat is the source of the angst on here, rather than the result.

I thought we'd lose today by a goal and was hoping that we might in some way scrape a draw for a valuable away point. By all accounts we weren't even close.

It's becoming far too predictable.

hibb1

Just a thought likes

:thumbsup: Spot on a bit of common sense:flag: If we get to xmass and are still as bad then i might wet the bed:greengrin

MrSmith
!

Spike Mandela
05-08-2012, 06:43 PM

Just a thought likes

Would it be realistic or not to expect a shot or two at goal in a 90 min period?

Most people are realistic and realise we are contenders for relegation. They also are realistic enough to know it is too early to tell if Williams, Clancy, Cairney and new guy nobody has seen yet are good signings or not.

BT58
05-08-2012, 06:43 PM
i aint and never will be a happy clapper,,,,sorry dear!!!!
anyhoo i have said as much on a n other thread
celtic,united and the yams have not had to bring in loads of players,[they have settled squads], we will be lucky to get anything from our next game,[but by any god that will help us i would be delighted with 3 points]
our season starts belatedly by the end of the cellic game,,if we can keep our goals against ratio down we should be ok
top 6 is a fools gold, top of the the bottom 6 should be our target,,,cup runs,,yip great,,,as long as yams are oot:thumbsup::thumbsup:
we are crap at the moment,,,[rome was not,,,etc,etc]
bt

Craig_in_Prague
05-08-2012, 06:46 PM
The manner and the margin of the defeat is the source of the angst on here, rather than the result.

I thought we'd lose today by a goal and was hoping that we might in some way scrape a draw for a valuable away point. By all accounts we weren't even close.

It's becoming far too predictable.

Yep. We are clearly going to lose after a few mins into the game. It felt the same under CC. We are not competetive and are VERY easy to play against and I honestly think some pub or amateur teams could beat Hibs.

Fenlon really better have a good couple of signings that come in over the next 4 weeks.. or the club will be relegated.

Not only do we still defend terribly we look dreadful on the ball. Sproule please gee it up man..cringeworthy watching. Lewis.. find a different career... take Stephens with you.

We are doing a grand job at getting worse year over year!

bighairyfaeleith
05-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Would it be realistic or not to expect a shot or two at goal in a 90 min period?

Most people are realistic and realise we are contenders for relegation. They also are realistic enough to know it is too early to tell if Williams, Clancy, Cairney and new guy nobody has seen yet are good signings or not.

Thats the spirit buddy:greengrin

HFC 0-7
05-08-2012, 07:11 PM

Just a thought likes

You could also say that, did anyone not expect us to show that bit of fight, grit? The different mentality that we have heard Fenlon talking about? You could also say that he had one transfer window to better what calderwood had before, instead he had a worse record in the league than calderwood. You could also say that he has had some bad signings in his first transfer window.

I don't know about Fenlon, the first few games will show what he has. The worrying thing is that all that talk we heard from him after the final defeat and through the closed season resulted in today's performance and result, culminating in the managers statement about being angry that they didn't do what thy were told. If we ever needed a good performance, even if it resulted in defeat, it was today. We look no more hungry today than we did in that cup final when we had all those 'bad attitude' players.

For me the jury is still very much out on Fenlon, there are far more negative factors about hibs, players, tactics etc, that people worrying, are, IMO, rightly so.

Saorsa
05-08-2012, 07:14 PM

Just a thought likesI never expect us tae win any mair, against anybody.

Nuitdelune
05-08-2012, 07:19 PM
I never expect us tae win any mair, against anybody.

Nor me but you cannae help having a look, just in case

joe breezy
05-08-2012, 07:20 PM
I expected Hibs to get thrashed today...

I expected Hib to get beat in the Cup Final

Coming to the conclusion that Hibs fans are completely delusional

Saorsa
05-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Nor me but you cannae help having a look, just in caseaye, usually like this these days though

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-MrB_rP8FK4o/T-h3RggnAoI/AAAAAAAADJs/u7uLghxPWXE/s320/Looking-Through-Fingers-150x150.jpg

Nuitdelune
05-08-2012, 07:31 PM
aye, usually like this these days though

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-MrB_rP8FK4o/T-h3RggnAoI/AAAAAAAADJs/u7uLghxPWXE/s320/Looking-Through-Fingers-150x150.jpg
Think we will win the best strip in the league, league though

Bobby's Cinema
05-08-2012, 07:33 PM
I expected Hibs to get thrashed today...

I expected Hib to get beat in the Cup Final

Coming to the conclusion that Hibs fans are completely delusional
Thinking we have a chance against Hearts or Dundee United is hardly delusional. It's hard to see when and how this will turn around and that's frightening.

Ferryhibby
05-08-2012, 07:49 PM
as i put on another thread..PF has a helluva job to do here, we're rebuilding at the worst possible time, no money around,no really decent players around...but, we emptied all the dross we were moaning about last year from CC's legacy and the loanees we didnt want back havent been seen, we brought in the ones we all wanted back, Mcpake, Griffiths....Clancy did a decent job for well and killie so doesnt make him a bad player just because hes joined us, Cairney looks a decent boy and if reports on Deegan are true hes an addition to a spineless midfield..the keeper looks good too, trouble is were still burdenend with the same ***** thats been there for a few years...namely Stevenson,Stephenson,Wotherspoon,( although he is infuriating because he shows glimpses of playing and he plays well for the U21's),Ohanlon,claros etc....so until we can replace these guys we're stuck with them and we dont seem to have anyone else.....saying that we have the kids, stanton,handling,harris,caldwell but think theyr a season too early at the moment...goin to be a long hard season but nobody said it was goin to be an easy one...PF included.

basehibby
05-08-2012, 08:28 PM

Just a thought likes

:top marksThe team that played today has only 2 new faces compared to the team that got horsed in May and I fully expected us to get humped today by what is a quality Arabs side. Additionally we are still horrendously short up front with a midfield still lacking in creativity - the team is crying out for quality additions and Fenlon knows this.

The big question is whether Fenlon has the ability to identify the right kind of players and recruit them on our budget - that question will be answered over the coming month and I dearly hope that the answer is an emphatic YES - otherwise we will be condemned to yet another transitional period and I've had my fill of them!

So - as you say, Hibs fans need to show yet more patience and give Fenlon the time he needs - as you say we could quite possibly receive another pumping off the Yams next week - the challenge for us is to keep positive and keep backing the Hibs in the hope that the signings are made which will prevent this season becoming another disaster.

Paisley Hibby
05-08-2012, 09:24 PM

Just a thought likes

I admire your positivity. Sadly, we were woeful today and pretty lucky it was just 3. I hope we start pulling things together soon but so far the only sign of improvement is the new strip. I fear an absolute horsing next week and would not be surprised if we have another new manager come the next AGM.