PDA

View Full Version : David Stephens

Last Minute
05-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Spoke to Pat Fenlon after the Game before he got on the Team bus, Asked him why David Stephens got 90 minutes, he said replied with got no one else, I said what about O'hanlon. he said he's not much better, I said he's better than Stephens, he said did you see him at the Rangers Game. That says it all for me. he said we need another 4 players but does not know if he will get the money to spend. to Give him credit he did spend time to talk and was honest with his answers.

Hibs7
05-08-2012, 05:43 PM
What was wrong with the McPake / Hanlon pairing ??

Heisenberg
05-08-2012, 05:45 PM
Spoke to Pat Fenlon after the Game before he got on the Team bus, Asked him why David Stephens got 90 minutes, he said replied with got no one else, I said what about O'hanlon. he said he's not much better, I said he's better than Stephens, he said did you see him at the Rangers Game. That says it all for me. he said we need another 4 players but does not know if he will get the money to spend. to Give him credit he did spend time to talk and was honest with his answers.

Good. At least he knows Stephens isnt up to it. Pat needs the funds to get the players he wants in, or we're in big trouble.

BoltonHibee
05-08-2012, 05:50 PM
Brilliant, tells a random that we have no one better than Stephens. I'm sure Stephens will take great heart from this when he reads it on hear or someone passes the sentiments on to him of his managers thoughts.

What a clown, he should keep that to himself and talk to Stephens privately. Or better still, work with him to improve his short comings.

Unfortunately our illustrious leader doesn't possess the wherewithal to do that.

Pat's nickname really is apt.

Pat The Rat

Golden Bear
05-08-2012, 05:53 PM

Man management at its best.

GGTTH07
05-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Pat gtf

hibeemikey21

Dunno if that's necessarily a good thing to hear. It sounds almost like a man who has given up. A manager should ALWAYS have his players' back in my opinion. To say something like - "he is all I've got because the replacements are even worse" is not gonna get us out of this!

Dinkydoo
Brilliant, tells a random that we have no one better than Stephens. I'm sure Stephens will take great heart from this when he reads it on hear or someone passes the sentiments on to him of his managers thoughts.

What a clown, he should keep that to himself and talk to Stephens privately. Or better still, work with him to improve his short comings.

Unfortunately our illustrious leader doesn't possess the wherewithal to do that.

Pat The Rat

That is some chip you have on your shoulder.

BoltonHibee
05-08-2012, 05:57 PM
That is some chip you have on your shoulder.

I don't know what you mean?

SouthamptonHibs
05-08-2012, 05:59 PM
No problem with Pat telling the truth. Who cares what Stephens thinks he's gash. He must no he's playing well above his level and im not convinced that anybody could make him better. O'Hanlon is a better centrehalf. We should have Hanlon amd McPake at the back. Petrie must find the money somehow to sign more / four players

Dinkydoo
05-08-2012, 06:00 PM
I don't know what you mean?

For a while now, pretty much all of your posts have been orientated around your dislike for PF.

For starters, you don't even know this conversation took place, and if it did, what actually was said - and in what context.... Yet you have our manager labelled as "Pat the Rat" and a "clown".

Last Minute
05-08-2012, 06:00 PM

Pat The Rat

Stephens is joke and should never wear a hibs Jersey, clueless and can't mark a player, cost us 3 goals today

SMAXXA
05-08-2012, 06:02 PM

Pat The Rat

A rondom taking a randoms post as a giving, briliant, Hibs.net at its best, lets get rid of Pat and bring in someone else how about Derek Adams ot James Mcdonagh. Lets not go over the top eh. Today was a realisation of what we all know, we are ***** and we have done little to address this, I do however think that all this doesnt fall onm PF's shoulder as a manager, you can anly piss with the coock you have sand unfortunatley for uswe are pissing with a tiny cock.

BoltonHibee
05-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Stephens is joke and should never wear a hibs Jersey, clueless and can't mark a player, cost us 3 goals today

I agree with you. But if it's all we have and he is telling some random that He all he has got, means that he is likely to play again. He should not be passing those comments in public, it ain't going to do Stephens any good and ultimately Hibs any good.

If he has passed these comments, the man is a clown

3pm
05-08-2012, 06:03 PM
I could understand the sentinent if Stephens played ahead of O'Hanlon at Aberdeen or got in the cup final 16.

BT58
05-08-2012, 06:09 PM

may 19th,,,,,PF sees mcpake and a n other as our chs,,,maybe due to our captains wishes,,who knows
our defence was /is crap,,,whats the common denominator,,apart from mcpake that is
bt

Northernhibee
05-08-2012, 06:10 PM
He gets slaughtered if he makes comments about being a little short, gets pelters when honest.

Here's a novel idea; let's back our manager for once?

hibsbollah
05-08-2012, 06:10 PM
Stephens was dreadful today. Ive seen him play well in the past and hes still young, so i havent given up hope totally.

More disappointing was the likes of Spoony, gash again despite being back in his mythical 'proper' advanced position, and Stevenson, who was totally AWOL and who im sick of sticking up for now.

...and by the way, o'hanlon is just murder. anyone who thinks he will come in and sort things out is kidding themselves.

Heisenberg
05-08-2012, 06:13 PM
More disappointing was the likes of Spoony, gash again despite being back in his mythical 'proper' advanced position, and Stevenson, who was totally AWOL and who im sick of sticking up for now

Agree with that, dont know how long we're going to have to wait for Spoony to regain his form of 2 years ago.

Aldo
05-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Pat gtf

Behave FFS.

lucky
05-08-2012, 06:15 PM
Stephens is not good enough. I do find it bizarre that O Hanlon is a sub but was picked before Stephens last season. For me I would play Hanlon at centre half and bring back Kujabi in at left back. Stephens can not concentrate and loses his man to easy. I have no issue with Pat speaking out as its obvious that we need players

Last Minute
05-08-2012, 06:16 PM
I agree with you. But if it's all we have and he is telling some random that He all he has got, means that he is likely to play again. He should not be passing those comments in public, it ain't going to do Stephens any good and ultimately Hibs any good.

I like how he spent the time to talk to me an angry fan and told the truth rather than spin me a lot of gash like what some Managers do, don't care a hoot about Stephens reading this, he is the clown and is never a player, even utd fans were asking who that clown was at the back. O'hanlon is a better player than Stephens and proved it at Aberdeen.

It's better to hear the truth rather than made up dribble

edwards
05-08-2012, 06:18 PM

I agree that there was a phase when O'Hanlon was poor be he had to put up with Hanlon who's confidence collapsed and wotherspoon at right back. I feel that with Clancy now at right back the pairing in the middle should be O'Hanlon and McPake and Hanlon or Kujabi at left back.
He stated that there will be changes lets make them Paddy.

Northernhibee
05-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Just as irresponsible of the OP to post this. Pat has a private conversation with a Hibs fan, is as honest as can be and then a troublemaker makes it common knowledge rather than being thankful for his honesty.

If that happened of course.

LTYF

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2012, 06:22 PM
Stephens was dreadful today. Ive seen him play well in the past and hes still young, so i havent given up hope totally.

More disappointing was the likes of Spoony, gash again despite being back in his mythical 'proper' advanced position, and Stevenson, who was totally AWOL and who im sick of sticking up for now.

...and by the way, o'hanlon is just murder. anyone who thinks he will come in and sort things out is kidding themselves.

:agree: Lets be honest here, the whole team apart from Williams would not get pass marks from me today. McPake passed on Daly all game, and made a mistake for the 3rd goal. None of our players look as if they have any real ability on the ball as usual, and its the big punt up to a midget.

Tactics are poor, now if thats because we dont have the personell, then you change the bloody tactics to suit what you have, or am i being stupid?

Pat says he wants us to be harder to beat, well paddy, you have a very hard job on your hand.

The back 4 needs either a new left back or another centre half, my preference would be a centre half, someone like McManus at Boro.

Midfield need at least 2 more, both wide men who can take players on, have a bit of pace and deliver a ball.

Up front today it was evident we need a forward with a bit of presence, that was embarrassing watching what can only be described as chase and run, kids football in reality. Even if we got those players i feel we need, we'd still struggle with what we have as backup.

Farmer and Petrie have watched our club become a complete shambles, shame on you both.

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-08-2012, 06:24 PM
It was really easy to sort today.

Play Hanlon at CB and either play Booth, Kujabi or the (highly rated) Smith.

Pat really shouldnt be telling fans that 2 of the players that are being kept by the club are not good enough. Not very professional.

erin go bragh
05-08-2012, 06:26 PM

Spot on HB , Hanlon has to be moved to ch for the derby imo .

ggtth

hibees 7062
05-08-2012, 06:26 PM

Kujabi

BoltonHibee
05-08-2012, 06:27 PM
I like how he spent the time to talk to me an angry fan and told the truth rather than spin me a lot of gash like what some Managers do, don't care a hoot about Stephens reading this, he is the clown and is never a player, even utd fans were asking who that clown was at the back. O'hanlon is a better player than Stephens and proved it at Aberdeen.

It's better to hear the truth rather than made up dribble

But according to your conversation with our manager there is no one better, so why make these comments to you who in turn post them on a public forum. If we have no one better he is likely to play again.

It won't do his confidence any good really, piss poor management in my book if indeed the manager did pass the comments to you.

3pm
05-08-2012, 06:34 PM
:agree: Lets be honest here, the whole team apart from Williams would not get pass marks from me today. McPake passed on Daly all game, and made a mistake for the 3rd goal. None of our players look as if they have any real ability on the ball as usual, and its the big punt up to a midget.

Tactics are poor, now if thats because we dont have the personell, then you change the bloody tactics to suit what you have, or am i being stupid?

Pat says he wants us to be harder to beat, well paddy, you have a very hard job on your hand.

The back 4 needs either a new left back or another centre half, my preference would be a centre half, someone like McManus at Boro.

Midfield need at least 2 more, both wide men who can take players on, have a bit of pace and deliver a ball.

Up front today it was evident we need a forward with a bit of presence, that was embarrassing watching what can only be described as chase and run, kids football in reality. Even if we got those players i feel we need, we'd still struggle with what we have as backup.

Farmer and Petrie have watched our club become a complete shambles, shame on you both.

Thought Cairney was OK actually. Could be more involved but you need the ball.

snooky
05-08-2012, 06:40 PM
My view is that the defence would be adequate and so would the front men if we had a midfield.
Nothing in the middle of the park means our defence is constantly under pressure and the forwards get little or no support.
It's been like that since the days of Boozy/Mikey/Broony.

SMAXXA
05-08-2012, 06:44 PM
Thought Cairney was OK actually. Could be more involved but you need the ball.

I actually thought he was invisable most fo the game as was stevenson and wotherspoon. Not judging Cairney but the other too have done nothing but back up my previous critisisem of them both that the are simply not good enough. Why on earth was Doyle playing out wide also, shocking and reeks of a manager who has little talent at his disposal so is trying to play the better players we have but all disjointed. Unfortunatley we dont have the personel to go 442 as our midfield is terrible.

.Sean.
05-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Just as irresponsible of the OP to post this. Pat has a private conversation with a Hibs fan, is as honest as can be and then a troublemaker makes it common knowledge rather than being thankful for his honesty.

LTYF

Dry yer ****ing eyes. Fenlon is well out his depth and the most tactically inept manager in the league. He's a cert to be out the door soon.

truehibernian
05-08-2012, 06:46 PM

Thing is bollah - David Stephens has been coached at Norwich, Hibs and with Wales. He is is physically tall and big.

Yet despite the attributes, he is by far one of the worst young defenders I have witnessed in years. Never attacks the ball, and if you watch closely, often loses his ariel battles due to very poor positioning. His tracking back is ridiculous for a pro footballer - to describe it as a cantor is doing him favours. His header back to the keeper in the very opening minutes was beyond suicidal - quite simply he costs goals because he is not a good footballer. The only player in recent seasons who I have seen who is worse was Keddie at Dunfermline.

McPake didn't want to pass to him today - that speaks volumes.

Holmesdale Hibs
05-08-2012, 06:48 PM
If this is true (no offence to the OP but you read a lot of pish on the Internet so you can never be sure) then PF was out of order. I'm glad he thinks Stephens isn't good enough as it should mean that he wants to sign someone else but making bitchy comments like that just makes the team look even more amateur. It's also very unlikely to achieve anything.

Dumfrieshibs
05-08-2012, 06:51 PM
Wasn`t at the game but watched in Dumfries in the company of Prof Tennants and the biggest thing that struck me was that the whole team (apart from maybe Williams ) looked like they took to the field devoid of any confidence. Stephens was poor but he was partnered in the back 4 by players who have far more 1st team appearances at various clubs than he has and could maybe have been nursed through by his more experienced team mates although I obviously wasn`t party to the close quarters communication between them. The problems seem to eminate way beyond David Stephens
There seems to be major issues within the team and in my opinion it appears to be a confidence thing rather than ability......( I hope )

Macaroon
05-08-2012, 06:54 PM
Honestly find it hilarious how fickle some people on here are. Only yesterday this place was full of people saying that PF "is the right man for the job, he just needs backing" and that "I have faith in PF, he says the right things and his honesty reassures me" blah blah.. Now he is the most tactically inept manager in the SPL :rolleyes:

HH81
05-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Honestly find it hilarious how fickle some people on here are. Only yesterday this place was full of people saying that PF "is the right man for the job, he just needs backing" and that "I have faith in PF, he says the right things and his honesty reassures me" blah blah.. Now he is the most tactically inept manager in the SPL :rolleyes:

Welcome to Hibs.net :greengrin

HoboHarry
05-08-2012, 07:00 PM
Pat Fenlon was as diplomatic in the tv interview as he could be under the circumstances but he was that frank to a Hibs supporter after the game? You expect us to believe he actually made those comments? I for one don't believe a word of what you posted and think you are a blatant liar.

NOLA
05-08-2012, 07:02 PM
stephens will know himself he was poor today, cant complain if he gets dropped for the derby.

SMAXXA
05-08-2012, 07:04 PM
Dry yer ****ing eyes. Fenlon is well out his depth and the most tactically inept manager in the league. He's a cert to be out the door soon.

What alot of *****. Lets change manager again eh, who you suggesting is in his depth that we should have as manager? Its the first game of the season ffs and theres alot of the transfer window left. For me I dont have any problem with what PF is saying and its probably sending a message to his bosses that this is what they are seeing as a result of the financial model rightly or wronglt, Fenlon seems as frustrated as us.

As for the defence, I find it baffling we absalutley slate the youngest most inexperienced of our back 4 Mcpake didnt cover himself in glory, Clancy positionally not great and Hanlon well he is what he is, not a left back, not a good enough centre half.

The_Exile
05-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Reading this thread and the comments from Pat, if that is indeed how the conversation went, re-affirms my opinion that he is 100% the right man for this club, he needs more cash though, although we need to shift more season tickets for that to happen, and with performances like that it won't persuade people to part with cash, catch 22. I reckon we have a squad of players who are more than capable of top 6 though, as unlikely as that seems tonight!

steviehibsleith
05-08-2012, 07:10 PM
My view is that the defence would be adequate and so would the front men if we had a midfield.
Nothing in the middle of the park means our defence is constantly under pressure and the forwards get little or no support.
It's been like that since the days of Boozy/Mikey/Broony.

Totally agree - our midfield never close down or get back to help they just seem to track back with no purpose the same as when we attack they just move forward but not really demanding the ball or getting into dangerous positions.

Stevenson and Wotherspoon im sorry they are not good enough IMO. The wingers today Doyle and Sproule should also be backtracking and helping the defence but they dont.
With LG upfront alone the midfield should have demanded the ball be played on the deck the reality is today was easy for Dundee United and we need 1 or two changes.

hibees 7062
05-08-2012, 07:11 PM

:agree::agree::agree:

degenerated
05-08-2012, 07:14 PM
Pat Fenlon was as diplomatic in the tv interview as he could be under the circumstances but he was that frank to a Hibs supporter after the game? You expect us to believe he actually made those comments? I for one don't believe a word of what you posted and think you are a blatant liar.

I for one believe what last minute has posted, given that I know him not to be a liar and I think your accusation and tone are a bit below the belt.

Hobo, where have I heard that before :hmmm:

hibsbollah
05-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Thing is bollah - David Stephens has been coached at Norwich, Hibs and with Wales. He is is physically tall and big.

Yet despite the attributes, he is by far one of the worst young defenders I have witnessed in years. Never attacks the ball, and if you watch closely, often loses his ariel battles due to very poor positioning. His tracking back is ridiculous for a pro footballer - to describe it as a cantor is doing him favours. His header back to the keeper in the very opening minutes was beyond suicidal - quite simply he costs goals because he is not a good footballer. The only player in recent seasons who I have seen who is worse was Keddie at Dunfermline.

McPake didn't want to pass to him today - that speaks volumes.

Opinions of course, but a lot of Stephens problems could be sorted out by good coaching. O'Hanlon, by comparison, will probably never be a player. The truth is, noone really knows how a player will develop. Some players who look like carcrashes early on sometimes learn the game and come onto a career, and vice versa.

Im not defending Stephens today though, he was horrible.

Penicuik Hibee
05-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Walked 3 miles in turkey today to watch the match in +40 temps & couldn't believe the line up. Hanlon is decent player but never a left back - especially in this day when left backs are a huge part of going forward. To make matters worse, he was replaced by the worst CH we have had since Colin Murder. I have seen Stephens several times & have been bemused by his lack of presence for a huge guy, lack of pace & how he can be bullied by a CF. As proven today by Jon Daly - an impressive striker but you would think Stephen would be able to deal with him as his game is all about his power. The new goalie pulled of an incredible save in the first half but how Daly just muscled Stephens out of it was incredible.

In Pat I have trusted to date - but today concerned me. I hate CH's playing LB. Strikers playing left Midfield. And Ivan - oh dear Ivan - in that first half you had 3 or 4 good opportunities & every time you took the wrong option.

Oh & finally - Leigh is a great player (even if being constantly booked by the hibs hating craig thompson - although today he deserved it) but a midget playing up front on his own & being hit with punts up the part - well it just isn't going to work.

Come on Pat - we may be poor - but play to our strengths

.Sean.
05-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Your point is invalid, I never said he was the man for the job so you can ram that wee dig.

S4uzee
05-08-2012, 07:30 PM
I really feel for fenlon as I believe he is getting held back by Petrie and in his interviews it is clear that it is affecting him and he looks frustrated at being unable to bring in players he really wants

billbee
05-08-2012, 07:33 PM
Pat Fenlon was as diplomatic in the tv interview as he could be under the circumstances but he was that frank to a Hibs supporter after the game? You expect us to believe he actually made those comments? I for one don't believe a word of what you posted and think you are a blatant liar.Hey Last Minute - Thanks for taking the time with me and the other supporter, who stayed behind long after the game to go to the players exit at Tannidice and seek some answers by way of some condolence from our management or board. It was decent that PF gave us his honest opinion on things and for that has earned my total respect, it makes me really wonder how so many armchair fans can come on here and critisise instead of going to the games, aye home and away, to support our famous club, like you I travell all over to see my team EVERY WEEK and I wish the 2,500 thousand fans that were there today went round to voice their own opinions, for which we are all entitled. I will never get over the yam finale' it still hurts, and I expected just a wee glimmer of hope the day, just a bit effort, and before I get all the wee bye see ya tags, I am a HIBS supporter, and no matter what, I will be there rain hail or snow! why! cos I love my team fae sunny Leith, but to watch that joke of a so called defender the day was against the terms and conditions of my ticket ... He was and the overall tactical awareness of that team was f***** piss poor! they need to be told and we need answers NOW. Thanks Pat for saying what you said ....... deemed as un professsional well maybe, but the whole clubs heading that way anyway... Hey Last Minute maybe we need to ask Mr Tashe W F F going on!!!! PS Hibees Till I die!!

truehibernian
05-08-2012, 07:37 PM
Opinions of course, but a lot of Stephens problems could be sorted out by good coaching. O'Hanlon, by comparison, will probably never be a player. The truth is, noone really knows how a player will develop. Some players who look like carcrashes early on sometimes learn the game and come onto a career, and vice versa.

Very true mate - saying that, one of the worst defenders I have seen is Titus Bramble, from the minute I laid eyes on him as a youngster - sadly that should now be the millionaire footballer Titus Bramble - how he has earned money and moves that he has is staggering for me.

As you know I do tend to over analyse football and footballers mate, but Stephens for me is (and I have been quite consistent with this viewpoint) a very very poor footballer and a terrible centre half, given his physical size.

My honest opinion is that David no doubt earned a pro contract, like many other kids do, down to him being bigger and stronger when he was playing in the youth leagues - time and natural progression however has caught up and now the realisation is that you need the football skills and peak fitness to succeed - he is slow, lax, lazy and weak.

I was (and am still a wee bit) a big critic of Hanlon, but concede that McPake brought him on and they looked like they liked playing as a partnership - that should never ever have been broken. That for me is a Fenlon error. That said I thought Paul Hanlon can hold his head high tonight as one of the few players who put in a good shift.

essexhibee
I find it absolutely disgraceful quite frankly that a manager would undermine and badmouth his players to a random person. What will that do for their confidence? For morale? Baffling that he would ridicule his players to a random after a game.

3pm

Is it just coaching? Does he actually look after himself? He looked overweight in the East Fife friendly.

I wonder if he shows any dedication.

Wotherspiniesta
05-08-2012, 07:39 PM

Pat The Rat

50 year old? More like 5.

Pathetic.

Hiber-nation
It was really easy to sort today.

Play Hanlon at CB and either play Booth, Kujabi or the (highly rated) Smith.

Pat really shouldnt be telling fans that 2 of the players that are being kept by the club are not good enough. Not very professional.

Kujabi played in the Cup Final with Hanlon at CB - that didn't work. Booth was awful before he got dropped and Smith's fitness isn't up to scratch. PF tried every defensive combination last season - nothing really worked.

I'd like to see Booth at LB and I can only hope he's doing the needful in training to help get back to the form he showed last year.

Hibeesforever
Yes, what more can you say really. To be in the ground and see players out of position and just not up to the task was very disappointing. Big Hibs support, we deserve a lot better after turning up following last season.
For me it says it all when the Hibs Player of the year last year, who was Lewis Stevenson, said that he thought he won it by default. When he was subsituted for doing nothing in the time he was on the pitch, I had to agree with him.
Really sad, seeing Hibernian, a team renound for playing passing football with wingers, only being able to punt it up the middle to the wee guy up front on his own.
Scathingly, there is no current player on the Hibernian staff that could remotely be called a winger or who can actuall cross a ball properly. A sad indictment on how weak and bereft the hibs playing personnel currently is.
Ivan Sproule, please can you retire. I can then just watch you on youtube playing against the team that were formally known as Rangers. Today, you hindered not helped the team.

juniorhibbee
05-08-2012, 07:40 PM
For a big guy Stephens doesn't use his physical presence at all. He's taller than most players in the league and he should win everything that comes into our box but he doesn't he gets bullied to easily, we really need better players than him to even think about challenging for top six

Hibeesforever
05-08-2012, 07:53 PM
I am actually now thinking that Pat may have played young Stephens to show the board what rubbish he is working with! Beating Utd away was always going to be a tough ask and now he can send him out on loan to a lower league team and then possibly get some more money to spend on a decent replacement. Good on Pat for saying it how it is. As we have said all along, players should be able to handle the pressure and expectation of playing for Hibernian. If the manager doesn't rate them then they have to work harder, I am all for a manager that says it how it is.
The club is literally re-building from the bottom.

GreenCastle
05-08-2012, 07:54 PM
Stevens couldn't get a game last season in a poor team. What has he done to deserve to play today ?

I've said before Kujabi had a shocker in the final (like 99% of the team) but because he was sent off has been made one of the main targets.

He had a very good game in the semi and did well at LB when he came in - except the freekicks.

Hanlon / McPake were pretty solid together - Hanlon is not a left back.

DH1875
05-08-2012, 07:59 PM

Even if he did say it, why? No idea why we are playing 4 center backs acroos the defence. Why doesn't he play Booth at LB and move Hanlon into the middle. I know we were poor last season but it's gotta be better then Stephens starting every week.

Don't be daft. When's the next agm :greengrin.

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-08-2012, 08:03 PM
Kujabi played in the Cup Final with Hanlon at CB - that didn't work. Booth was awful before he got dropped and Smith's fitness isn't up to scratch. PF tried every defensive combination last season - nothing really worked.

I'd like to see Booth at LB and I can only hope he's doing the needful in training to help get back to the form he showed last year.

Booth has talent and needs to regain confidence. Kujabi's name was getting sung from the East stand before the Cup final. At least he can beat a man, he has only had one poor game.

Hiber-nation
05-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Booth has talent and needs to regain confidence. Kujabi's name was getting sung from the East stand before the Cup final. At least he can beat a man, he has only had one poor game.

I agree but I think PF was concerned about our lack of height....who knows. I don't even want to think about the team for next Sunday.

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-08-2012, 08:14 PM
I agree but I think PF was concerned about our lack of height....who knows. I don't even want to think about the team for next Sunday.

Didn't make a difference today as we chose not to mark anyone anyway and Daly beat our whole defence to every ball.

Worryingly Hearts play exactly the same way as United. Trio of attackers led by a big Front man. Not one to look forward to.

SteveHFC
05-08-2012, 08:17 PM
He is pish. GTF!

BoltonHibee
05-08-2012, 08:27 PM
50 year old? More like 5.

Pathetic.

What are you on about?

That was his nickname in Ireland. A nickname that all his players referred to him as.

LeighLoyal
05-08-2012, 08:42 PM
A pity the next game is the derby because it's not giving him any time to settle and feel confident. Not sure I'd play him, too risky going by some of what I saw today. I don't blame him for all the goals, but Daly found it all too easy.

Northernhibee
05-08-2012, 08:50 PM

Someone else who must play too much fitba manager and think they could do the job.

I'd love to dress this up in a prettier way, but there's no other way to put it: you evidently know **** all about football.

SMAXXA
05-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Someone else who must play too much fitba manager and think they could do the job.

I'd love to dress this up in a prettier way, but there's no other way to put it: you evidently know **** all about football.

:agree:

Dinkydoo
05-08-2012, 09:34 PM
For the people getting their knickers in a twist over PF 'undermining his players' just think about what is actually being said in the OP:

Asked him why David Stephens got 90 minutes, he said replied with got no one else, I said what about O'hanlon. he said he's not much better, I said he's better than Stephens, he said did you see him at the Rangers Game. That says it all for me. he said we need another 4 players but does not know if he will get the money to spend.

1. Stephens got 90 minutes because we haven't got anyone else.

2. O'Hanlon isn't any better, did you see him at the Rangers game...?

3. We need four new players but i'm unsure as to whether I'll get the money to spend.

I think if PF changed the starting 11 and placed Kujabi/Booth at LB and Hanlon at CH we could have dealt with number 1 - playing Stephens. However, I don't really see anything wrong with what he is saying; and I agree with the other two points.

eastmainsmsh
05-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Stephens is young i think he has potential overkeen to impress today and he didnt hopefully few more players arrive asap the rest of team were poor

HibbyAndy
05-08-2012, 09:42 PM
David Stephens.

Just shows you how pish we are when huddies like him are starting games.This guy is never ever a player in a million years.NEVER.

paul_hfc3
05-08-2012, 09:42 PM

Pat The Rat

Pat is not a rat. Please explain how he is a rat? If he says Black you say White.

From what I've took from the original post of the thread is that Pat Fenlon is a guy who's got time for even nipped random fans. Not many managers would be so honest, to me its an attribute that is very important.

Brooster
05-08-2012, 09:44 PM
I honestly cannot bear the thought of watching much more of Stephens, he is truly awfull. Jordon Forster is a better centre half in every sense.

.Sean.
05-08-2012, 09:45 PM

Based on what?

Northernhibee
05-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Stephens is young i think he has potential overkeen to impress today and he didnt hopefully few more players arrive asap the rest of team were poor

I've defended and supported him for a while - honestly, I think he's a backup player. He's tall and he's sturdy, but then again so is a hatstand.

If he can improve his technique and concentration by dropping down a league for a couple of seasons he might do well.

jdships
05-08-2012, 09:48 PM

LTYF

:top marks
My thoughts exactly when I read the OP :rolleyes:

higgy0418
05-08-2012, 09:49 PM
im the richest man in scotland.

you may ask what this has to do with the OP...well i hate to tell you but people can lie on the internet

Macaroon
05-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Your point is invalid, I never said he was the man for the job so you can ram that wee dig.

I wasn't directing that post at you but thank you for letting us all know you're that touchy.

I was using your comment as an example as it emulates the posts of many others' tonight that obviously feel the same way.

marinello59
05-08-2012, 09:53 PM
im the richest man in scotland.

you may ask what this has to do with the OP...well i hate to tell you but people can lie on the internet

Liar.
Lend me a tenner.

skipster7
05-08-2012, 10:00 PM

Pat The Rat

Load of nonsense.only one person coming across as a clown with name calling,pathetic really.i remember you also making a shop front of yourself regarding Vaz Te.remind me how hes doing now.:blah:

The_Horde
05-08-2012, 10:49 PM
For the people getting their knickers in a twist over PF 'undermining his players' just think about what is actually being said in the OP:

1. Stephens got 90 minutes because we haven't got anyone else.

2. O'Hanlon isn't any better, did you see him at the Rangers game...?

3. We need four new players but i'm unsure as to whether I'll get the money to spend.

I think if PF changed the starting 11 and placed Kujabi/Booth at LB and Hanlon at CH we could have dealt with number 1 - playing Stephens. However, I don't really see anything wrong with what he is saying; and I agree with the other two points.

That is the crucial point.

Pat Fenlon should have a budget, a set amount between him and RP to spend as and when he wants. How on earth can he target players and build when he doesn't know whether he can shop in Primark or Harvey nics?

Saorsa
05-08-2012, 10:51 PM
;3315471']That is the crucial point.

Pat Fenlon should have a budget, a set amount between him and RP to spend as and when he wants. How on earth can he target players and build when he doesn't know whether he can shop in Primark or Harvey nics?setting your sights a bit high there lad, try a jumble sale.

The_Horde
05-08-2012, 11:40 PM
setting your sights a bit high there lad, try a jumble sale.

We can but dream! :greengrin

hfc rd
05-08-2012, 11:55 PM
Time to go. Simples. Utter useless.

BoltonHibee
06-08-2012, 12:35 AM
Load of nonsense.only one person coming across as a clown with name calling,pathetic really.i remember you also making a shop front of yourself regarding Vaz Te.remind me how hes doing now.:blah:

Go back to my posts about Vaz Te, I think you will find I was 100% correct about him. Who have I called names?

silverhibee
06-08-2012, 01:27 AM

Erm sorry but McPake was to blame for Daily's goal.

silverhibee
06-08-2012, 01:29 AM

:agree:

And to someone standing at the team bus. Madness if true.

silverhibee
06-08-2012, 01:32 AM

LTYF

Behave yourself. Nae need.

silverhibee
06-08-2012, 01:45 AM

And at 26 i take it you do.

You want rid of the board, yes, well if you get your wish they will want a new manager in as well..

Pat's not got it.

essexhibee
06-08-2012, 01:58 AM
I struggle to see how a professional manager would have been so stupid as to tell any old tom dick and harry by the team bus what he thought of his players? Surely not.

I guess we will never know if its true or not but if it is he needs sacking because that's a shocking lack of professionalism.

dmc1875
06-08-2012, 03:09 AM
how PF has persevered with hil all pre season (when even in meaningless pre season games you could see he was *****e) I will never know.

If anyone can tell me that either of these two back fours are worse I cant wait to hear how:

Clancy McPake Hanlon Booth

Clancy Mcpake o"hanlon Hanlon

JimBHibees
06-08-2012, 06:24 AM
David Stephens.

Just shows you how pish we are when huddies like him are starting games.This guy is never ever a player in a million years.NEVER.

Find it difficult to argue with that. For a man mountain he isnt aggressive at all and is easily beaten in the air. His lack of reaction for the first goal was awful, 1) he should have been marking Russell and 2) when he saw the ball was going to him he should have been throwing himself in front of the shot, his half hearted reaction said it all.

Danderhall Hibs
06-08-2012, 07:13 AM
Erm sorry but McPake was to blame for Daily's goal.

:agree: He’s getting a real easy time off it. Stephens is the easier target though I suppose.

Billy Whizz
06-08-2012, 07:53 AM
:agree: He’s getting a real easy time off it. Stephens is the easier target though I suppose.

I thought McPake was terrible the hole game. He is uncomfortable on the ball and passes it back to Williams at every opportunity other than build the play

Skanko79
06-08-2012, 10:28 AM
david stephens is, by a country mile the WORST centre half i have ever seen in my life.

Andy74
06-08-2012, 10:43 AM

Let's not make McPake the next decent player who suddenly becomes not ggod enough at Hibs! HE should have a decent partner to play with and just now Stephens just isn't it!

Brightside
06-08-2012, 11:03 AM
McPake and Hanlon played well together for the majority of last season. The main worry is that Fenlon sees the left back role as a major problem. Otherwise he wouldnt have changed and put Stephens back in the middle. So he doesnt rate Booth or Kujabi. So we are ****** if he isnt brining in an attacking left back.

Danderhall Hibs
06-08-2012, 11:06 AM
Let's not make McPake the next decent player who suddenly becomes not ggod enough at Hibs! HE should have a decent partner to play with and just now Stephens just isn't it!

I'm not. I'm just saying he was pish as well but is escaping any abuse.

Daly took the pish out of both of them.

Hibs Giant
06-08-2012, 12:18 PM
No problem with Pat telling the truth. Who cares what Stephens thinks he's gash.

Ha ha. True.

silverhibee
06-08-2012, 01:03 PM

Nobody is saying that A74, but a poster said Stephens cost us the three goals yesterday which is wrong, McPake was to blame for Daly's goal, he was marking him then decided to let his player go and McPake went chasing the ball, by doing that he also managed to play Daly on side for his goal.

If we defend like that on Sunday it could be another nightmare, i think PF will stick with Stephens for the weekend unless we bring in a new CH for the game.

Hibiza
06-08-2012, 02:57 PM
yup, sterphens the usual mundane malarkey, put him in the bin along with ivan and wotherspoon. we need quality not numbers, If you cant deliver GO.

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2012, 03:22 PM

McPake was terrible yesterday, are we not allowed to say that now?

Should we just say he was fantastic, and ignore his gaffs?

If thats the case now, well done lads, 3-0 flattered them, onwards and upwards, bring on the yams.

brog
06-08-2012, 03:28 PM
Sorry if I'm duplicating anything here but lack the energy to read the whole thread. On the whole I remain positive re PF but I posted last year ( well before the debacle ) I was concerned he thought PK a better player than Booth. I'm more concerned this season he thinks Stephens is better than anyone, including me!! After the home St J game last season I really thought Stephens would never play again for Hibs, unfortunately I was wrong. I hate being negative about any Hibs player, especially youngsters but I struggle to see anything positive in Stephens.
Re sorting the problem, everyone's concentrating on moving Hanlon. I'd rather move Clancy & if we can't sign someone put Spoony at RB, he's better there than in his favoured position!

brog
06-08-2012, 03:35 PM
Nobody is saying that A74, but a poster said Stephens cost us the three goals yesterday which is wrong, McPake was to blame for Daly's goal, he was marking him then decided to let his player go and McPake went chasing the ball, by doing that he also managed to play Daly on side for his goal.

If we defend like that on Sunday it could be another nightmare, i think PF will stick with Stephens for the weekend unless we bring in a new CH for the game.

Silver, maybe Stephens didn't cost us 3 goals but he played a large part in the first & 3rd. He also almost cost us a goal, possibly a pen & our keeper being sent off in the 1st minute. He then allowed Daly to get in front & outmuscle him for the header which Williams saved brilliantly & bizarrely he ducked under the ball in our 6 yard box. He could have cost us 4 or 5 goals. I also think his general ineptness caused confusion & disorder throughout our back 4. McPake was uncomfortable passing to him & was trying too hard to cover for DS at all times.
I really hope you're wrong re the highlighted part, IMO the lad should not get near a jersey again.

1987green
06-08-2012, 09:38 PM
David Stephens

I said when we signed him he was poor I remember watching him play for Norwich 16s and he was the size he is now and thought hes a big *****er but he was as bad then as he is now. You can only coach someone who has the basic skill to play the game and am sorry he does not. For a man (he is 22) who has no 1st touch no tactical sense can't read the game ( 3rd goal when he sees MscPake going for the ball he has to drop off and cover)He isnae a wee boy if you don't have the basics by the time you reach 22 your never going to imho. There are better centre backs in the 1st div than the ones we have (with the exeception of McPake) but if you were a footballer right now would you seriously want to play for us. We are in major downfall and I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. I for one aint lookin forward to Sunday and if we start with the same team and formation it could be worse than the final

whiskyhibby
06-08-2012, 10:32 PM

LTYF

The OP has posted 600 times in 8 years , so unlikely to be the kind of hibby with the ear of PF and more likely to be a Jambo on the wind up IMHO

Danderhall Hibs
07-08-2012, 06:59 AM
The OP has posted 600 times in 8 years , so unlikely to be the kind of hibby with the ear of PF and more likely to be a Jambo on the wind up IMHO

Can you just run me through the correlation between number of posts on here and who you speak to in real life?

BTW I've got thousands of posts but I've still not got the ear of Fenlon - how many more do I need to post to get there?

Hiber-nation
07-08-2012, 07:04 AM
Can you just run me through the correlation between number of posts on here and who you speak to in real life?

BTW I've got thousands of posts but I've still not got the ear of Fenlon - how many more do I need to post to get there?

At least the OP has an avatar - you're obviously more of a yam than him :wink:

Brooster
07-08-2012, 07:51 AM
I agree with everything you say but you are wrong about his age, he only turned 21 a few weeks ago.

David Stephens

I said when we signed him he was poor I remember watching him play for Norwich 16s and he was the size he is now and thought hes a big *****er but he was as bad then as he is now. You can only coach someone who has the basic skill to play the game and am sorry he does not. For a man (he is 22) who has no 1st touch no tactical sense can't read the game ( 3rd goal when he sees MscPake going for the ball he has to drop off and cover)He isnae a wee boy if you don't have the basics by the time you reach 22 your never going to imho. There are better centre backs in the 1st div than the ones we have (with the exeception of McPake) but if you were a footballer right now would you seriously want to play for us. We are in major downfall and I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. I for one aint lookin forward to Sunday and if we start with the same team and formation it could be worse than the final

Beefster
07-08-2012, 07:58 AM

Fenlon's missus never posts on Hibs.net and she claims to have his ear.

whiskyhibby
07-08-2012, 08:03 AM
Fenlon's missus never posts on Hibs.net and she claims to have his ear.

True...........but on the balance of probability based on the facts, I think my statement is valid, until proven otherwise ofcourse