PDA

View Full Version : a suppoter no more

King Paddy
05-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Sorry to say this but i am really lost the my feelings in anything to do with Hibs.
After the thrashing at Hampden in may i lost the deep passion i had for the club.
To compound the humiliation i wrote to the board and Tom Farmer not dicky bird of a reply.
Well Petrie /Farmer you know where you can stick your club and you have lost a loyal fan of 55 years supporting this club. To ignore a genuine fan in this way just sickens me and my days
of going to ER has finished. How on earth 7000 people bought season tickets beggars belief.
A family club you must be joking, with people like Swan, Hart, Cromb,and Kenny mclean you
had direct contact with hibernian folk who cared about you and had a passion for the club.
those days are over when you have an owner who does'nt give a flying f.... about the club and
CE Petrie who is so distant from the fans he may as well live on planet mars. My rant is over
to all who you fellow hibees enjoy the fight to survive in the SPL, but i predict unless a change
at the very top comes about i feel for the demise of this club into obscurity.

Fergus52
05-08-2012, 04:30 PM
byeee :bye:

Kato
05-08-2012, 04:33 PM
Ta Ta.

I take no more posts from you as well.

Hibs7
05-08-2012, 04:34 PM

No need for that, I can imagine another few thousand long term Hibs supporters are on the verge of doing the same thing, if results and performances continue in todays vein.

Nando™
05-08-2012, 04:35 PM
Sorry to say this but i am really lost the my feelings in anything to do with Hibs.
After the thrashing at Hampden in may i lost the deep passion i had for the club.
To compound the humiliation i wrote to the board and Tom Farmer not dicky bird of a reply.
Well Petrie /Farmer you know where you can stick your club and you have lost a loyal fan of 55 years supporting this club. To ignore a genuine fan in this way just sickens me and my days
of going to ER has finished. How on earth 7000 people bought season tickets beggars belief.
A family club you must be joking, with people like Swan, Hart, Cromb,and Kenny mclean you
had direct contact with hibernian folk who cared about you and had a passion for the club.
those days are over when you have an owner who does'nt give a flying f.... about the club and
CE Petrie who is so distant from the fans he may as well live on planet mars. My rant is over
to all who you fellow hibees enjoy the fight to survive in the SPL, but i predict unless a change

No it doesn't.

Saorsa
05-08-2012, 04:37 PM
No need for that, I can imagine another few thousand long term Hibs supporters are on the verge of doing the same thing, if results and performances continue in todays vein.:agree: and how many thousands have walked already in the last 5 years. I wonder how may mair will have tae walk before things change.

Lang Toun Hibs
05-08-2012, 04:39 PM
We're all hurting now but the club, our club, needs us at this time. Whatever you may think about individuals at the club, the club is your club.

In my opinion, If farmer didn't give a stuff, he wouldn't have saved us. Petrie has overseen a positive transformation of the club. I appreciate you won't agree with my opinion but the club needs us now and will continue to need our support.

Winston Ingram
05-08-2012, 04:55 PM
See ya:bye:

:flag:

vahibbie
05-08-2012, 04:57 PM
No it doesn't.

Aye it does.
If this continues many of those 7,000 will be thinking the same.

Frazerbob
05-08-2012, 04:57 PM
To those slating the OP, do you not think it is worrying that a guy who has supported a club for 55 years has reached the stage that he is now giving up? I know of several long term ST holders (and I mean 20+ years) who have not renewed, some of which have given up completely. We are in a dreadful state with no light at the end of the tunnel and are losing fans every week.

Northernhibee
05-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Very concerned about the amount of supporters we've lost, but not the ones that have to flounce off to grab a bit of attention.

Bye bye :na na:

scoopyboy
05-08-2012, 05:00 PM

Your choice.

One question though, why wait until now to post?

You could have posted that prior to our first game.

Cabbage East
05-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Bolt then.

lucky
05-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Well the 1500-2000 Hibbies were there today giving great support. We will turn this around

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-08-2012, 05:08 PM
We're all hurting now but the club, our club, needs us at this time. Whatever you may think about individuals at the club, the club is your club.

In my opinion, If farmer didn't give a stuff, he wouldn't have saved us. Petrie has overseen a positive transformation of the club. I appreciate you won't agree with my opinion but the club needs us now and will continue to need our support.

I dont understand this obligation to support Hibs regardless.

I love Hibs, I wouldnt support anyone else but I dont have to go along like a total mug every week if its not enjoyable. I hate losing but would happily watch Hibs getting beat if they looked like they cared.

Baldy Foghorn
05-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Well the 1500-2000 Hibbies were there today giving great support. We will turn this around

Come on Lucky, do you really believe we will turn things around?? Im not so sure.....

BoltonHibee
05-08-2012, 05:12 PM

Not with the current manager, not a chance.

edinburghhibee
05-08-2012, 05:19 PM
3-0 away to the second best team in the league and you choose now to leave.... Strange enjoy shopping with the wife every weekend supporters like you lot won't be missed

ALF TUPPER
05-08-2012, 05:20 PM
If the tone and content of your email is along similar lines to your post eg" stick your club" etc /... It's no wonder that it has gone unanswered so far. Doubt i would have replied either.

You are walking away as a 'loyal and genuine' fan after 57 years because, like the rest of us, you are frustrated at whats going on down Easter Road and because no-one answered your email.

Good grief !!! Good-bye ......

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-08-2012, 05:22 PM
3-0 away to the second best team in the league and you choose now to leave.... Strange enjoy shopping with the wife every weekend supporters like you lot won't be missed

They probably will as we don't have that many.

Like Rod said: the fans have to have to buy their own players at Hibs.

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2012, 05:23 PM

Silly comment, he will be missed, along with the thousands that have already gone they will be missed too. :rolleyes:

Nando™
05-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Aye it does.
If this continues many of those 7,000 will be thinking the same.

Thinking of...... buying season tickets? :dunno:

He thought that 7,000 was pretty high in his opinion, not low.

edinburghhibee
05-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Silly comment, he will be missed, along with the thousands that have already gone they will be missed too. :rolleyes:

Don't agree, i was there today, I was there at the final and if that hurt more today than the final did then crack on and leave. I won't miss you.

It's the first game of the season and although I agree we were **** and toothless today, to say you've had enough is an embarrassment and I'll say it again cherio you'll no be missed

hibsbollah
05-08-2012, 05:28 PM

I was there today and i thought the support was muted at best. Within the first two minutes it was obvious their players were to a man better than ours and better drilled than ours. Theres a despondency in the crowd like you get at a funeral. And like a funeral, a hibs game these days has become something you do out of duty, not because its a good day out.

just_joe
05-08-2012, 05:29 PM

good to see a poster finally providing the board with some humour! :top marks

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2012, 05:30 PM
Don't agree, i was there today, I was there at the final and if that hurt more today than the final did then crack on and leave. I won't miss you.

It's the first game of the season and although I agree we were **** and toothless today, to say you've had enough is an embarrassment and I'll say it again cherio you'll no be missed

There's the flaw in your comment.

one day maybe...
05-08-2012, 05:31 PM
I love my wife and every Saturday evening she goes out with her mates and doesn't come home until early Sunday morning. Do I put up with it? Yes. Many of my friends say I shouldn't, but like watching/supporting Hibs it,s hard to let go. Maybe I should, maybe i shouldn't care anymore, but I yearn for a return to the days when it was enjoyable and things were ok. How long should I continue the relationship.
Answers on a postcard to PO box 11...

Houchy
05-08-2012, 05:31 PM
I'm with the OP, Hibs will always have a place deep down inside me but the last few years have left me feeling less and less passionate with the final all but extinguishing any real desire to go along week in week out then todays performance killed that completely.

I'm sure I will not be missed but me and the OP are only 2 of many, for anyone saying :bye:, don't be so deluded. The support is leaving in droves:agree: See ya :bye:

just_joe
05-08-2012, 05:32 PM

Well the thing is mate supporters "like him" will be missed! the stadium is getting empty as the weeks go by and to be honest i dont blame them for leaving. there is no fight,no passion,no commitment,no skill,no drive, I could go on.....dont diss supporters for not wanting to go back.

edinburghhibee
05-08-2012, 05:33 PM
There's the flaw in your comment.

No getting your point bh??

just_joe
05-08-2012, 05:35 PM
I know exactly how the OP is feeling. Hibs will ALWAYS have a place in my heart . I have met many great friends and watched some great moments at Easter Road but to me that seems like its dead and gone. for years and years me and my friends have pumped money into the club and we will continue to but what have we got in return? Drastic changes have to be made and you have to start from the top which is that twat Petrie!

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2012, 05:35 PM
No getting your point bh??

No i didn't think you would. :rolleyes:

BT58
05-08-2012, 05:36 PM
to paddy,,,,your hurting mate,,,well mate we are all hurting,,,today was the start of the new season, celtic,united and the tarts[loathed to say that] are probably the 3 strongest teams,,,we have been in the doldrums for a few years now,,,the board must back PF now!!!!
you aint the last one to walk away from supporting the cabbage,[you will be back,its in yer blood],
may 19th was a disastrous day for all concerned,,today was expected by many,,,next week,,who knows
hibernian is yer blood,mines too,just remember we have loads of bad days,,,and not too many guid ones
bt

DAVE1875
05-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Someone let me know when he comes crawling back. Seen it many times when someone says they're done with their club they're back to supporting them a week or two later

edinburghhibee
05-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Well the thing is mate supporters "like him" will be missed! the stadium is getting empty as the weeks go by and to be honest i dont blame them for leaving. there is no fight,no passion,no commitment,no skill,no drive, I could go on.....dont diss supporters for not wanting to go back.

Agree with most of your post mate but, when... Well if we start winning again in say 3 years these same "supporters" will return saying I've supported the club for 55 years (apart from all those seasons we were pish) that's no support!! If you want to see a team win everything without having any feeling or passion watch man city or chelsea.

half.time.draw.
05-08-2012, 05:38 PM

Why? Hibs need to step up or die. I fear the latter

edinburghhibee
05-08-2012, 05:39 PM
No i didn't think you would. :rolleyes:

Nice post mate how cool are you?

just_joe
05-08-2012, 05:39 PM
to paddy,,,,your hurting mate,,,well mate we are all hurting,,,today was the start of the new season, celtic,united and the tarts[loathed to say that] are probably the 3 strongest teams,,,we have been in the doldrums for a few years now,,,the board must back PF now!!!!
you aint the last one to walk away from supporting the cabbage,[you will be back,its in yer blood],
may 19th was a disastrous day for all concerned,,today was expected by many,,,next week,,who knows
hibernian is yer blood,mines too,just remember we have loads of bad days,,,and not too many guid ones
bt

Well all i can say is mate although i agree that we are all hurting. Just wait till you see the board this time next week. id imagine it being 10x worse. pressure is very much on fenlon and petrie because if we lose next week then fans are gonna be calling for the heads.

mcfly
05-08-2012, 05:41 PM
They probably will as we don't have that many.

Like Rod said: the fans have to have to buy their own players at Hibs.

The fans have to buy their own players - seems fine to me but it appears that us fans are paying for mr petries mistakes in managerial appointments.

That's where all our money is going paying off failure managers.

Mr Petrie better start spending as I'm getting fed up with my team being the joke of the SPL.

just_joe
05-08-2012, 05:42 PM
The fans have to buy their own players - seems fine to me but it appears that us fans are paying for mr petries mistakes in managerial appointments.

That's where all our money is going paying off failure managers.

Mr Petrie better start spending as I'm getting fed up with my team being the joke of the SPL.

If there was a "like" button id click it mate lol.

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Nice post mate how cool are you?

Not sure, i dont wear flares these days?

essexhibee
05-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Not totally done with Hibs but I agree with the OP that my deep support for the club is definitely not there as much these days. The final absolutely killed the deep passion I had for the club and the joke that is the SFA and the rangers being allowed to come back debt free paying massive wages has killed any remaining passion I had.

SouthamptonHibs
05-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Every fan who reguarly attends Hibs games that is now not going to go to future games will be missed. We need every fan as Easter Road is depressing these days. No atmosphere with 7/8,000 fans rattling around in a 20,000 stadium watching pish players. As we all agree the club need to sign players that can take us to at worst sixth place in the league. Not to much off an ask for a club the size of Hibs

BT58
05-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Well all i can say is mate although i agree that we are all hurting. Just wait till you see the board this time next week. id imagine it being 10x worse. pressure is very much on fenlon and petrie because if we lose next week then fans are gonna be calling for the heads.

not expecting anything from next week imho,,but why would PF/RP be under pressure[jeezo, queen record],,,its only the 2nd game of the season
Our season starts after the tic game,,,we where never gonna win the league,,top6,,nah dont think so,,,couple of cup runs maybe,,,top of the bottom 6 maybe,,,this team needs to gel,,we do however need at least 3/4 more,,getting that more in needs more time to settle,,we are probably the only team in this league who will make wholesale changes too their team,,tarts and united havent bought many if any,,they have settled sides
and BTW,,,aye a will be hurting if we do get papped by the tarts,,,just like ive got to make a book for them celebrating their infamous result against us,,makes me spew just thinking about it!!!!!!!!!
bt

just_joe
05-08-2012, 05:56 PM
not expecting anything from next week imho,,but why would PF/RP be under pressure[jeezo, queen record],,,its only the 2nd game of the season
Our season starts after the tic game,,,we where never gonna win the league,,top6,,nah dont think so,,,couple of cup runs maybe,,,top of the bottom 6 maybe,,,this team needs to gel,,we do however need at least 3/4 more,,getting that more in needs more time to settle,,we are probably the only team in this league who will make wholesale changes too their team,,tarts and united havent bought many if any,,they have settled sides
and BTW,,,aye a will be hurting if we do get papped by the tarts,,,just like ive got to make a book for them celebrating their infamous result against us,,makes me spew just thinking about it!!!!!!!!!
bt

youd be surprised with alot of fans on this board mate.

edinburghhibee
05-08-2012, 05:59 PM
bt

Agree with this post

BT58
05-08-2012, 06:02 PM
Not sure, i dont wear flares these days?

watch out g,,,you wear flares!!!!,,,the fire brigade will be after you,,,,lol
bt

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2012, 06:04 PM
watch out g,,,you wear flares!!!!,,,the fire brigade will be after you,,,,lol
bt

Can you not read, i said i dont wear flares these days, i might have a tank top though? :wink:

Hibeesforever
05-08-2012, 06:06 PM
A bit extreme to throw in the towl.
The team is bad but genuinely think that with three quality players and a little bit of organisation and tactics we will improve.
On the question of the board and ulitmate owner, these things are well documented and clear. Certainly, Rod Petrie does not identify with the majority of the support but I don't know if that is really necessary. Provided his business skills are first class then the club is in good hands. Unfortunately, for him, time has shown that he enjoys SFA lunches and clandestine meetings with Yorkshireman but does not really understand football and should move on. For me, his resignation should have happened straight after the moment he opened the door to the disgruntled players within the squad of John Collins who were annoyed at not being allowed to drink and were having to work weekday afternoons.
Undermining the most successful Hibs manager, in terms of silverware, in 20 years was not wise and has turned out to be the start of the club's demise.

We have a big stadium and big training facilities but little ambition.
We need people who are capable of delivering what the big Hibs support deserve. For too long, Leith and Hibs have accepted second best. The mantra "wee team" has only been formed latterly during the Petrie years!

Sir Tom, should state what figure he would sell the club for. The widely talked about Trust structure would inhibit a borrow, invest, spend to generate greater revenues through the gate that has always been the football way. Our neighbours have shown for the last twenty years that this model is far more successful than our own brand of boring football economics.
Fans live on memories and expectation that the future will be better. It is getting harder each year to remember. This showed at the cup-final when our legend was from the mid sixties / seventies while Hearts had a recently retired footballer from a Hibs family parading the cup pre-match.

We should encourage the next generation by borrowing to invest some serious money in a competitive team on the pitch that can really attract fans and be used for marketing purposes. At the moment, successful sponsors would probably not wish to be associated with our players. There are a few exceptions but a Chairman and Owner should be concerned when the majority of fans are saying that the team now is as poor as any they can remember in their lifetime.

Change is definitely needed. I hope that Mr Petrie can convince Sir Tom that it is in his own business interests to invest or if there is anyone anywhere willing, accept external monies.

SouthamptonHibs
05-08-2012, 06:10 PM
Hibs should have had 95% of there target players signed and ready to play in todays game. Total mismanagement fron the top! Its a disgrace we've had to start wi Stephens, play Hanlon out off position, put up wi Wotherspoon, Sproule and Stevenson and watch Doyle play left Mid.
Whats the point off going on a pre season tour with aload off players your going to replace by 31st Aug? Players should be signed before pre season tour. The games on the tour are then used to gel the team decide your best team / best formation and get the players fitness up. With our method we'll not have a settled team until End of Sept start off Oct as who ever we sign up to 31st Aug will need time to gel.

BT58
05-08-2012, 06:13 PM
Can you not read, i said i dont wear flares these days, i might have a tank top though? :wink:

ive heard of them,,,is that not a B R A !!!!!!jeezo whit a thot u wearing that g!!!!
bt

edinburghhibee
05-08-2012, 06:15 PM
Hibs should have had 95% of there target players signed and ready to play in todays game. Total mismanagement fron the top! Its a disgrace we've had to start wi Stephens, play Hanlon out off position, put up wi Wotherspoon, Sproule and Stevenson and watch Doyle play left Mid.
Whats the point off going on a pre season tour with aload off players your going to replace by 31st Aug? Players should be signed before pre season tour. The games on the tour are then used to gel the team decide your best team / best formation and get the players fitness up. With our method we'll not have a settled team until End of Sept start off Oct as who ever we sign up to 31st Aug will need time to gel.

Again totally agree with this post

Macaroon
05-08-2012, 06:25 PM

A stadium of 200,000 raving Hibees with flags, banners, streamers and scarves all singing their hearts out to Sunshine on Leith couldn't inspire this current starting 11 to a top six finish.

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2012, 06:26 PM
ive heard of them,,,is that not a B R A !!!!!!jeezo whit a thot u wearing that g!!!!
bt

:greengrin Cheeky sod.

BT58
05-08-2012, 06:30 PM
:greengrin Cheeky sod.

all in the best possible taste of course G!!!!!!!!!:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:
BT

c31
05-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Me and another 4 fans with similar feeling to the OP and years long history of going everywhere weren't at the game today and haven't renewed season tickets cause we have had enough, if fans can't see that the current manager is the cheap option with no real experience and are happy to accept the appointment from our joke of a board then I'm sorry but were are finished as a football club.

Fenlon Petrie Farmer don't know what makes a good football club and its sore to take, to read in the paper yesterday that a club the size of ours cant attract players and the manager said before the first game of the season we aren't ready should in my opinion be sacked.

It's not an easy decision, in fact it is a life changing decision so it's not been taken lightly.

BT58
05-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Me and another 4 fans with similar feeling to the OP and years long history of going everywhere weren't at the game today and haven't renewed season tickets cause we have had enough, if fans can't see that the current manager is the cheap option with no real experience and are happy to accept the appointment from our joke of a board then I'm sorry but were are finished as a football club.

Fenlon Petrie Farmer don't know what makes a good football club and its sore to take, to read in the paper yesterday that a club the size of ours cant attract players and the manager said before the first game of the season we aren't ready should in my opinion be sacked.

It's not an easy decision, in fact it is a life changing decision so it's not been taken lightly.
actually i know of many who have decided enough is enough,,,they are taking up golf,,,,,but they wont be the last
the board have decided our fate,,,asking the fans for cash was the last for many i know,,,,sad times
bt

The Voice Of Reason
05-08-2012, 07:01 PM
To the OP - I share your pain mate, must have taken a bit of bottle to post your true feelings.:agree:

To the dismissive clowns who responded with "Cheerio then" type comments, you are a disgrace. You will no doubt not be too bothered when hearts humiliate us YET AGAIN next week.

These "players" we have today are a bunch of losers. Stevenson our POTY - says it all. How is Wotherspoon A full time footballer, these guys wouldn't even make the bench of the other SPL teams.

We lack ability, pace and also look unfit. It is an embarrassment to be a hibs fan at the moment. I do not blame fans for turning their back - all who do so will be missed.

F@@k the hearts.

HFC 0-7
05-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Agree with most of your post mate but, when... Well if we start winning again in say 3 years these same "supporters" will return saying I've supported the club for 55 years (apart from all those seasons we were pish) that's no support!! If you want to see a team win everything without having any feeling or passion watch man city or chelsea.

The problem here is that every club is the same as hibs when it comes to the support, and every club needs the support in the same way. Every club needs the supporters that turn their back on the club when the chips are down. Hibs have to do everything they can to get them back! Man city and Chelsea got fans when they got investment and started challenging, that's what happens. Would you want these fans with no feeling or passion to be banned? Or would you welcome them and their money? Like it or not, hibs need every fan, glory hunter, über fan, part time fan, fair weather fan. They just need to start doing something to get them coming through the gates!

matty_f
05-08-2012, 07:21 PM
H18SVG :top marks:

Hibs haven't managed to get everyone they wanted to because we've been outbid. That's a harsh reality but Hibs aren't alone.

Celtc wanted Jordan Rhodes but couldn't match the wages he's getting where he is at a side just promoted to the Championship. It happens.

Pat will bring more players in, but not just for the sake of it. People need to realise that nobody at the club is trying to do things on the cheap. The board need us and Pat to be successful. They are giving him every penny they have available to bring players in.

It's not Football Manager, we're never going to get every player we want and they won't always come as soon as we want them to.

HFC 0-7
05-08-2012, 07:29 PM

Hibs haven't managed to get everyone they wanted to because we've been outbid. That's a harsh reality but Hibs aren't alone.

Celtc wanted Jordan Rhodes but couldn't match the wages he's getting where he is at a side just promoted to the Championship. It happens.

Pat will bring more players in, but not just for the sake of it. People need to realise that nobody at the club is trying to do things on the cheap. The board need us and Pat to be successful. They are giving him every penny they have available to bring players in.

It's not Football Manager, we're never going to get every player we want and they won't always come as soon as we want them to.

Get what you are saying Matty about giving him every available penny, but, if every Available penny isn't enough, then what? Go through another bad season losing more fans and resulting in a loss and further reducing the income and budget for the following season causing us to fall further behind our rivals, or, get money from elsewhere, get the fans back through the gates, increase revenue, halt the decline and save future revenue streams. Spending every available penny for the last few seasons hasn't worked and we have still ended the season with losses, and decreasing revenue streams for future seasons.

Another point to consider, we are led to believe we are being outbid, but by who? All we need to do is be better than other teams in the spl. We have the 4th or 5th highest wage budget, but still being outbid, it can't be by the majority of the spl, so are we shopping in the wrong places and against the wrong teams.

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-08-2012, 07:31 PM
They are certainly not going to fancy coming if they tuned into ESPN today.....

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-08-2012, 07:37 PM
I'd be surprised if we only had the 4th or 5th highest wage budget, but, would certainly lower my expectations of what would be acceptable for such an outlay. 9th or lower wouldnae be what I would be after, but, is what I think we'll see.

frankhibs
05-08-2012, 07:43 PM
They are certainly not going to fancy coming if they tuned into ESPN today.....

We want Hibs to sign better players...yet we dont buy season tickets...these fans who say they have had enough...dont u get it!...Hearts had 14K at the game yesterday...when are we going to match that!

the club is losing money...thats a fact....u want them to be rangers...spend and hope u turn up!....we need to back the team...we are rebuilding...

stop being so ...... negative!!

The Voice Of Reason
05-08-2012, 07:47 PM
We want Hibs to sign better players...yet we dont buy season tickets...these fans who say they have had enough...dont u get it!...Hearts had 14K at the game yesterday...when are we going to match that!

the club is losing money...thats a fact....u want them to be rangers...spend and hope u turn up!....we need to back the team...we are rebuilding...

Oh please.......if Hearts fans had been subjected to the dross we have of late (and had been humiliated 5-1 in a Scottidh Cup final by us) there would have been nowhere near 14000 at Tynecastle.

Great advice re "stop being so negative" likes...... :faf: :aok:

scoopyboy
05-08-2012, 07:48 PM
To the OP - I share your pain mate, must have taken a bit of bottle to post your true feelings.:agree:

To the dismissive clowns who responded with "Cheerio then" type comments, you are a disgrace. You will no doubt not be too bothered when hearts humiliate us YET AGAIN next week.

These "players" we have today are a bunch of losers. Stevenson our POTY - says it all. How is Wotherspoon A full time footballer, these guys wouldn't even make the bench of the other SPL teams.

We lack ability, pace and also look unfit. It is an embarrassment to be a hibs fan at the moment. I do not blame fans for turning their back - all who do so will be missed.

F@@k the hearts.

Why post though, if I was ever to feel that bad I wouldn't start a thread. He could simply have not gone back.

I've also noticed he hasn't responded to any questions asked, posted and then legged it.

Also think your comment about fans being a disgrace is bang out of order. Because they don't give the guy the sympathy he is probably seeking you take the side of him as opposed to loyal fans (who will be hurting like hell as well) and then compound it by saying they won't be bothered when Hearts beat us.

The Voice Of Reason
05-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Why post though, if I was ever to feel that bad I wouldn't start a thread. He could simply have not gone back.

I've also noticed he hasn't responded to any questions asked, posted and then legged it.

Also think your comment about fans being a disgrace is bang out of order. Because they don't give the guy the sympathy he is probably seeking you take the side of him as opposed to loyal fans (who will be hurting like hell as well) and then compound it by saying they won't be bothered when Hearts beat us.

Why did he post ? Only he can answer that.....but in this internet age a message board is a good way of getting things off ones chest.

I feel for the guy and can empathise with how he is feeling. I think he did a brave thing posting his true feelings. The bit about the fans who dismissed him not caring if we lose to Hearts was a tad harsh, I agree.

LeighLoyal
05-08-2012, 07:57 PM
I'm keeping the faith, although a big part of it is about showing the zombie huns that Scottish football does not revolve around them. We've had worse teams than this one, there's a decent squad for Fenlon to use and more will come in. United are a very good outfit playing with confidence, it wasn't St Mirren kuffing us. GGTTH.

Frazerbob
05-08-2012, 08:01 PM
I'm keeping the faith, although a big part of it is about showing the zombie huns that Scottish football does not revolve around them. We've had worse teams than this one, there's a decent squad for Fenlon to use and more will come in. United are a very good outfit playing with confidence, it wasn't St Mirren kuffing us. GGTTH.

Not in my 30+ years of following Hibs we haven't.

The Voice Of Reason
05-08-2012, 08:05 PM

The bit in bold - you must be on the wind up, surely ?!?!?

Our defence is dreadful, our midfield is keek with no pace, strength or ability and we have only one decent forward (who is very small).

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

GORDONSMITH7
05-08-2012, 08:05 PM

Excluding the Old Firm I take it that this applies to every team that finished above us last season.......a reminder

Motherwell

Dundee United

Heart of Midlothian

St Johnstone

St Mirren

Aberdeen

Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Utter balderdash. Sound like a very poor apologist mate.

BIG G

matty_f
05-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Get what you are saying Matty about giving him every available penny, but, if every Available penny isn't enough, then what? Go through another bad season losing more fans and resulting in a loss and further reducing the income and budget for the following season causing us to fall further behind our rivals, or, get money from elsewhere, get the fans back through the gates, increase revenue, halt the decline and save future revenue streams. Spending every available penny for the last few seasons hasn't worked and we have still ended the season with losses, and decreasing revenue streams for future seasons.

Another point to consider, we are led to believe we are being outbid, but by who? All we need to do is be better than other teams in the spl. We have the 4th or 5th highest wage budget, but still being outbid, it can't be by the majority of the spl, so are we shopping in the wrong places and against the wrong teams.

We've been spending more than every available penny the last two years and posted losses as a result. How long do you let that continue before you say that you have to go with what you've got?

We have been outbid by championship sides and Rangers that i know of.

LeighLoyal
05-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Not in my 30+ years of following Hibs we haven't.

Cast your mind back to big Franck and then Blobby Williamson: PC Murdock, Townsley, Wiss... Hughes's team also, the rubbish he signed. I thought Collin's team turned out pretty awful also, and he inherited a good side. This Hibs team is needing a couple of faces before the window closes, judge it then.

Twa Cairpets
05-08-2012, 08:12 PM
To the OP: Flouncing great bloody drama queen. I take it we'll be spared your utter guff from now on then, this being a board for Hibs supporters and all

To everyone else on the point of hanging yersel's: Man the f*** up or disappear with a bit of dignity. Post after post about how bad we are, how such-and-such is sh***, how Fenlon is useless, how Petrie's this or that, how the shop is crap, how your email wasn't answered, how your pie wasn't hot enough. Boo-f******-hoo Utterly pathetic.

You're missing the point. The club IS the fans, and its entirely immaterial if we're good, bad or indifferent. You have a choice - go or don't go, but gonnae spare us the amateur dramatics. There's either a ridiculous amount of self-loathing psychological disorders or undercover yams kicking around the boards today.

GORDONSMITH7
05-08-2012, 08:14 PM
We've been spending more than every available penny the last two years and posted losses as a result. How long do you let that continue before you say that you have to go with what you've got?

See my previous post. Do you think that the teams better than us last season have unlimited dough or perhaps that Hibs do not manage the money available as well as them?

BIG G

mcfly
05-08-2012, 08:16 PM
To the OP: Flouncing great bloody drama queen. I take it we'll be spared your utter guff from now on then, this being a board for Hibs supporters and all

To everyone else on the point of hanging yersel's: Man the f*** up or disappear with a bit of dignity. Post after post about how bad we are, how such-and-such is sh***, how Fenlon is useless, how Petrie's this or that, how the shop is crap, how your email wasn't answered, how your pie wasn't hot enough. Boo-f******-hoo Utterly pathetic.

You're missing the point. The club IS the fans, and its entirely immaterial if we're good, bad or indifferent. You have a choice - go or don't go, but gonnae spare us the amateur dramatics. There's either a ridiculous amount of self-loathing psychological disorders or undercover yams kicking around the boards today.

I think we all know who is talking guff as you put it.

down-the-slope
05-08-2012, 08:16 PM
people saying the same things last season 9but at least that was after enough games to judge not one game away against the team that the bookies have as certs for 2nd)...then we get to cup final and this place wsa in melt down with all the long time 'supporters' who felt they had a right to a ticket....

c31
05-08-2012, 08:22 PM
What should Petrie and Farmer be doing that's different? genuine question.

They should be running a football club to gain victories on the park - loads of other clubs do it. The scary quote I got from Fife Hyland and Rod Petrie that the manager has 100% control of the football side, this is where a director of football would be major plus for Hibs in our current plight. When the manager has earned the respect and has proved himself then give him control until then he needs guidance. Fenlon with full control is not the answer for us at the moment i'm afraid.

HFC 0-7
05-08-2012, 08:22 PM

Is t not that we are spending every available penny and the poor form effects walk ups, then poor league positions creating the losses. I guess my point here is that we still cant compete when spending more than the majority of the spl, are we looking at the wrong players and then we find ourselves in this position where we have started the season and now trying to find players that are available. How can other teams get players on their budgets and are better than ours. If we are going after players that are attracting interest from championship sides, are we not just being unrealistic? Ths has been happening for a few seasons now, if we want that calibre of player, we have to spend more.

scoopyboy
05-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Why did he post ? Only he can answer that.....but in this internet age a message board is a good way of getting things off ones chest.

I feel for the guy and can empathise with how he is feeling. I think he did a brave thing posting his true feelings. The bit about the fans who dismissed him not caring if we lose to Hearts was a tad harsh, I agree.

fair responses mate.

matty_f
05-08-2012, 08:25 PM
See my previous post. Do you think that the teams better than us last season have unlimited dough or perhaps that Hibs do not manage the money available as well as them?

BIG G

Hibs have backed their managers well but the managers haven't all used that money well. That's fairly evident and you'd have to have some sort of mental deficiency to argue that.

However once that money has been spent you can't pretend it never happened and just start all over again. The legacy of those poor signing is that this manager's budget is severely limited and he has more that ge needs to change than the teams that finished above us do.

LeighLoyal
05-08-2012, 08:27 PM
The bit in bold - you must be on the wind up, surely ?!?!?

Our defence is dreadful, our midfield is keek with no pace, strength or ability and we have only one decent forward (who is very small).

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

What I mean is he has a few options. They might be as bad as the ones playing today, but he can bring in Deegan and Claros into the middle. He has the option of Kujabi at left back, he can move Clancy or Hanlon into centre back, or even use O'Hanlon. There are a few good kids who can come off the bench including Booth. When he adds another striker, he can go with either Doyle or Griffiths. He can drop players and still field an eleven.

matty_f
05-08-2012, 08:33 PM
Is t not that we are spending every available penny and the poor form effects walk ups, then poor league positions creating the losses. I guess my point here is that we still cant compete when spending more than the majority of the spl, are we looking at the wrong players and then we find ourselves in this position where we have started the season and now trying to find players that are available. How can other teams get players on their budgets and are better than ours. If we are going after players that are attracting interest from championship sides, are we not just being unrealistic? Ths has been happening for a few seasons now, if we want that calibre of player, we have to spend more.

These other clubs are not all getting their first picks and indeed we got Clancy who Motherly offered terms to. Williams also had offers from the Championship but took a lower wage here, so perhaps not that unrealistic.
We have brought in players that weren't up to it but they were identified by managers that thought they'd add quality to the club. O'Hanlon had been on CD's radar at previous clubs for instance.
The biggest issue is that we have a far more significant rebuilding job than any other spl side.

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-08-2012, 08:40 PM

Nonsense.

Put together something worth watching and Hibs will attract more than their faithful support, that's what Hearts have done.

We have to go into a wee bit debt to achieve this. That doesn't mean we 'do a rangers'. A leap of faith is something we might just have to do.

frazeHFC
05-08-2012, 08:40 PM
I can understand the OP. I am not walking away but atm i am struggling big time to find any will to want to go to matches.

Twa Cairpets
05-08-2012, 09:09 PM
I think we all know who is talking guff as you put it.

I'm entirely confident that the OP and the other "woe is me, its all so unfair, I'm harrumphing off in the huffty-puff" are the ones talking guff.

I understand people being pee'd off with the standard of football we're watching, but some of the self-important soap-boxing makes my skin crawl. The ones who berate the players and the board and the manager and everything to do with the club are the same ones who say we need to toughen up. Irony bypass much?

If people don't want to go anymore, fine, just go, don't bore me with your grandstanding declarations of how you now hate Hibs.

ChooseLife
05-08-2012, 09:23 PM
This is what happens when people think players like Riordan and GOC aren't good enough for hibs, most of you where actually calling for Deeks and Gaz to go when they (even in the worst of the worst teams) got into double figures, any player who scores more than 10 league goals a season is probably too good for our club, yet they get hounded out when the first division standard players like Booth, Stevenson & Hanlon get to stay. :confused:

I reckon most people on here would rather have Doyle than Riordan and that's why we're so crap.
Just because you don't like a player doesn't mean we should get rid of them, I hate Griffiths but I know he's decent.

Fantic
05-08-2012, 10:01 PM
I'm entirely confident that the OP and the other "woe is me, its all so unfair, I'm harrumphing off in the huffty-puff" are the ones talking guff.

I understand people being pee'd off with the standard of football we're watching, but some of the self-important soap-boxing makes my skin crawl. The ones who berate the players and the board and the manager and everything to do with the club are the same ones who say we need to toughen up. Irony bypass much?

If people don't want to go anymore, fine, just go, don't bore me with your grandstanding declarations of how you now hate Hibs.

Why.
43 years a regular supporter and Im no going back until there's a major improvement up there. The OP and others have every right to come on here and vent there anger and disappointment at the club. It' got nothing to do with you - go read something else :na na:

Jones28
05-08-2012, 10:18 PM

Hearts have done what we haven't, spent the pennies that come in (along with a few million more) on the team. As previously mentioned, if they had been subjected to 4 years of rubbish combined with a cup final humping they would not be turning out in numbers.

Surprised that we have sold 7k STs after that tbh

shetlandhibee
05-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Petrie and Farmer need to show that they care about the club and invest in it! But Supporters also need to keep coming to matches because if they dont then the clubs going to go no where. I come down from Shetland about 7 or 8 times a year to see hibs play no matter how bad they are! So C'mon everyone turn out in numbers to see hibs play every saturday...And sunday. Hopefully Petrie will give Fenlon some money to spend before the capital clash! :brokenyam::yamlaugh::party:

Why was Stephans playing:confused:

Craig Thopson needs to learn the :rules: Of Football

GGTTH!!! Sunshine on lieth
:flag::pfgwa:flag:

gegs70
05-08-2012, 10:50 PM
I have supported the club for a good number of years and its not always about the ones that walk away but the young supporters growing up and not wanting to watch the pish that they call football....its not entertaining in the slightest...I barely want to go so no wonder my 10yr old son would rather di something else than hve me drag him along to a hibs game to be bored and humiliated all in a oner!!!

Emerald
05-08-2012, 10:59 PM
I have supported the club for a good number of years and its not always about the ones that walk away but the young supporters growing up and not wanting to watch the pish that they call football....its not entertaining in the slightest...I barely want to go so no wonder my 10yr old son would rather di something else than hve me drag him along to a hibs game to be bored and humiliated all in a oner!!!

That may be no bad thing as its only my 21 year old son that is now dragging me along. I'm now wishing I'd taken him to the golf instead. Having said that, even though we're pish, its still a good day out going to the football with your laddie. I wouldn't change it for anything. After all it keeps me in practice at the thing I'm best at.......moaning! :greengrin

Famous5forever
05-08-2012, 11:11 PM

:na na:

gegs70
05-08-2012, 11:18 PM

That may be no bad thing as its only my 21 year old son that is now dragging me along. I'm now wishing I'd taken him to the golf instead. Having said that, even though we're pish, its still a good day out going to the football with your laddie. I wouldn't change it for anything. After all it keeps me in practice at the thing I'm best at.......moaning! :greengrin

ackeygraham
05-08-2012, 11:22 PM
I'll be honest, i ve came on tonight to get the feeling of the camp after todays game. We we're very short, and i think the main poster are feeling hurt from today and out of love hibs....i felt the same, i think we have went backwards after today result, but in all homesty we have a season to work on this....

my main point though will be, whether some fans will grumble but most fans are shooting each other down too much on .net hence why i have possibly stayed away...come on guys get a grip with the goodbye waves and stuff...we're here together....

GGTTH.

gegs70
05-08-2012, 11:23 PM

That may be no bad thing as its only my 21 year old son that is now dragging me along. I'm now wishing I'd taken gh we're pish, its still a good day out going to the football with your laddie. I wouldn't change it for anything. After all it keeps me in practice at the thing I'm best at.......moaning! :greengrin

I said i would take golf lessons if hibs were this bad....please dont make me do it!!!!

hfc rd
05-08-2012, 11:27 PM
I understand where the OP is coming from. It's just crazy how poor we really have become. Even Mourinho or Guardiola couldn't turn this lot around. I also don't get that same buzz anymore on a sat/sun or midweek game to go and watch hibs.

I bought a ticket for the derby but now I really can't be bothered going to the game and I know I will struggle to sell it to anyone as who would pay money to come and watch that.

gegs70
05-08-2012, 11:27 PM
I'll be honest, i ve came on tonight to get the feeling of the camp after todays game. We we're very short, and i think the main poster are feeling hurt from today and out of love hibs....i felt the same, i think we have went backwards after today result, but in all homesty we have a season to work on this....

my main point though will be, whether some fans will grumble but most fans are shooting each other down too much on .net hence why i have possibly stayed away...come on guys get a grip with the goodbye waves and stuff...we're here together....

GGTTH.

I guess your right transfer window aint closed yet! However I did expect some signs of improvemnt which didnt happen today....we should have list by a lot more and that was the only positive....we have hearts next week and i dont feel confident!!!

gegs70
05-08-2012, 11:30 PM
I understand where the OP is coming from. It's just crazy how poor we really have become. Even Mourinho or Guardiola couldn't turn this lot around. I also don't get that same buzz anymore on a sat/sun or midweek game to go and watch hibs.

I bought a ticket for the derby but now I really can't be bothered going to the game and I know I will struggle to sell it to anyone as who would pay money to come and watch that.

Couldnt stand another humping from them. I may go if we sigm messi and a few of his pals next week???

Lucius Apuleius
06-08-2012, 05:42 AM
Every "supporter" indeed has the right to walk away. They then of course cease being a supporter and become a fan (or maybe not depending on how far their walking away extends to). That is their right. It is worrying that so many decide to do so, again I fully agree. This close season has been unique. There have been many more problems to overcome than at any other time. The uncertainty over Sky money, an attempt and need at a total revamp of the team etc etc. However one thing I will say is this, if ever a post like this from a certain individual was expected it was the OP. People have backed him and confirmed he is a Hibby however I don't think I have seen one good thing to be said about Hibs in any of his posts. Not a person I would enjoy going for a pint with. Suicide by the end of the night may be the only sensible option.

GGTTH

RickyS
06-08-2012, 05:49 AM

i have an 8yr old and a 10yr old who both have season tickets and both are adamant they wont go to the derby now. the effect the final had on them is still very raw.

JimBHibees
06-08-2012, 06:41 AM
This thread has all the hallmarks of a yam wind up. They will probably be creaming themselves at the bedwetting going on. Awful yesterday however Utd are a very good team and better teams than Hibs would have taken a beating. IMO not an altogether bad thing that we lost like that as it is clear the team needs significant investment and we are still in the window. Give the manager a break and let him do his job without ridiculous knee jerk reactions. He probably has 2 or 3 deals in the offing prior to the end of the month which he has not been able to tie up for one reason or another.

lord bunberry
06-08-2012, 06:47 AM

Yes they will

hibsbollah
06-08-2012, 06:49 AM
This thread has all the hallmarks of a yam wind up. They will probably be creaming themselves at the bedwetting going on. Awful yesterday however Utd are a very good team and better teams than Hibs would have taken a beating. IMO not an altogether bad thing that we lost like that as it is clear the team needs significant investment and we are still in the window. Give the manager a break and let him do his job without ridiculous knee jerk reactions. He probably has 2 or 3 deals in the offing prior to the end of the month which he has not been able to tie up for one reason or another.

Sensible :agree:

lord bunberry
06-08-2012, 07:03 AM

I hear what your saying and i hope your right but it shouldn't take a 3-0 defeat to be the catalyst for bringing in new players

RickyS
06-08-2012, 07:04 AM
I hear what your saying and i hope your right but it shouldn't take a 3-0 defeat to be the catalyst for bringing in new players

this

Steve-O
06-08-2012, 08:19 AM

Indeed. We had a 5-1 defeat 3 months ago that should've been the catalyst to bring in basically an entire new team.

mmmmhibby
06-08-2012, 08:33 AM

that says it all for me " The second best team in the league"!!! they are dundee utd FFS!!!

mmmmhibby
06-08-2012, 08:39 AM

you have a point, why would you wanna spend your hard earned cash watching that ? Watching that yesterday was eye bleeding stuff!!! off PETRIE you !!! penny pinching !!! had enough of you and your vision for our club, our supporters deserve much more for the we have been put through over the last few seasons.

am an angry hibby!!!

Andy74
06-08-2012, 08:54 AM
Now's the time though if we want to decide to support the club and make things better, and not by cash or buying tickets but just by being supportive, or whether we are going to go down the path of hounding and blaming everyone again - because at this point in time the latter to me doesn't bear thinking about.

Yesterday was poor, but not unexpected to me for where we are. Unfortunately the lack of any understanding about where we are and willingness to see it through is equally as expected.

Baldy Foghorn
06-08-2012, 08:59 AM
Now's the time though if we want to decide to support the club and make things better, and not by cash or buying tickets but just by being supportive, or whether we are going to go down the path of hounding and blaming everyone again - because at this point in time the latter to me doesn't bear thinking about.

Yesterday was poor, but not unexpected to me for where we are. Unfortunately the lack of any understanding about where we are and willingness to see it through is equally as expected.

On the back of two pathetic league campaigns, I really thought it was last chance saloon this term, for our esteemed Custodians......1 game in and we are woefully short in all areas, can you see it getting better in the immediate future?

JimBHibees
06-08-2012, 09:09 AM

Agree however PF has a massive job and personally would prefer he wait to get the right players and not bring in dross. Relatively happy with signings up to now and Deegan sounds the type of player we need as does Sheridan.

Paisley Hibby
06-08-2012, 09:41 AM

I was not surprised that we lost but what WAS unexpected for me was that there was absolutely zero signs of improvement. Paul Forsyth in today's Times sums it up nicely

"In a match that was supposed to signal a fresh start for Pat Fenlon's side, they looked every bit as bad as they were last season, when they finished second-bottom of the Premier League. Inept at the back, short of ideas going forward, they were lucky not to lose by more."

To be blunt, it would not take much to have some improvement on last year's team. The fact that there is none is very worrying. I'm rapidly losing confidence that Fenlon actually knows what he is doing?

ahibby
06-08-2012, 09:46 AM

I see you are being slated by some while others sympathise. I sympathise with you. It's very difficult to see a club which should be doing well being mismanaged year in year out. All good things come to an end they say. I don't have (I hope) masachistic tendancies and therefore if it hurts too much you just don't do it. The way things are heading it might not only be a good idea to give Hibs games a body swerve but also their results and highlights (low lights). Some won't like those who give in, in this way and those who stick with this dire situation have my admiration. I fear though that next season we could see record low st holders i.e. circa 3 - 4 thousands and so the downward spiral I've been talking about for a long time continues.

Let's forget about all that for the time being though and look forward to causing an upset next Sunday. Hibs 2 - Hearts 1.:yw:

Phil MaGlass
06-08-2012, 09:46 AM
No it doesn't.

aye it does, Im amazed we shifted 5k to be honest. Any fool can see we come up short all over the park,the season has already started, most teams have had to rebuild over the closed season and have all done it better than us it seems, we had a massive job to do and I,m staggered at the team we put out on saturday, if thats the best we can do then Im afraid were going down, anyone can see this, the games pricing fans out the market, TV ko times, and a board that cannae act when it should hasnt helped. Trust me the fans have done their part with ST,s this season, next season will be a completely different kettle of fish.

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2012, 09:48 AM
On the back of two pathetic league campaigns, I really thought it was last chance saloon this term, for our esteemed Custodians......1 game in and we are woefully short in all areas, can you see it getting better in the immediate future?

Of course he can, he said the same thing last season, and the season before................. All you need is a little patience Brockie, and if you can wait just a little longer everything will be Ok. :rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
06-08-2012, 09:53 AM
Of course he can, he said the same thing last season, and the season before................. All you need is a little patience Brockie, and if you can wait just a little longer everything will be Ok. :rolleyes:

Why do I feel a Take That song coming on?:greengrin

My patience is wearing thinner than my hairline, getting more and more frustrated as each day passes

gegs70
06-08-2012, 09:53 AM
Im sorry but we all seem to accept watching crap just because its wrapped in a hibs label.

I want to be entertained and actually see footballers with a little passion for the club. Ive not seen that for years every year seems to be another backward step.

Phil D. Rolls
06-08-2012, 09:54 AM

Dry yer eyes.

ahibby
06-08-2012, 09:56 AM

I think we all understand where we are. The difference appears to be that some see a way out of it with the current management and directorship and others don't.

PatHead
06-08-2012, 10:03 AM
I was fortunate in that I couldn't go yesterday at short notice. Haven't seen the highlights (or lowlights) either.

However, anyone who thought we would win playing silky football yesterday was living in cloud cuckoo land.

Last season (and the season before and the season before that!) we could all see we were too much of a soft touch in the spine of the team. In addition the attitude of the team was wrong with no fight. We have signed Williams, McPake, Deegan, Claros and Griffiths which shows that has been was identified. As I understand it, we tried and failed to sign both Jim Goodwin and Ian Black in an effort to protect the defence and provide additional leadership. Not all of these players will work and cultures don't change overnight.

We still deperately need a target centre forward (did we ever look at Beattie or Kyle or were these just rumours?) who can hold the ball up bringing the midfield into play and at least one full back allowing Clancy or Hanlon back to Centre Half. That should get us through to Christmas when we need to look at more depth and pace which we are still sadly lacking.

Re Mark Kerr and Alan Maybury- are these deals dead or still possible?

Twa Cairpets
06-08-2012, 10:07 AM
I think we all understand where we are. The difference appears to be that some see a way out of it with the current management and directorship and others don't.

No.
Some people expect their choice of entertainment to funded by benevolent benefactors "Farmer out your money in!!!" or by the board somehow miraculously loosening purse strings to release money that simply isn't there, in the middle of a huge recession where banks wont allow loans, in a season where income may be reduced due to the Huns situation.
Fenlon has been here, what, 8 months, and already there are calls for his head. Don't people see that this chronic short-term-ism is what is killing the club. /with the exception of CC (and, arguably, Yogi), the managers left too early.
Absolutely there is a cause and effect thing here: better results = more fans = more money, but us Hibbies are notoriously moaning faced buggers - certainly if .net is representative - and it'll never be good enough. I used to sit near a guy who berated Latapy for "too much of this tippy-tappy *****e".

Its not just a question of accepting what we're provided like good little boys and girls. It's always a choice - go or don't go. It's this sense of believing that somehow we're entitled to expect rich individuals or the club custodians ('cos that's what they are - we, the fans, are the club) to pump in there own money or go into debt in return for our £400 that bugs the tits off me.

If you don't like it don't go, but don't moan about no money, don't moan about a club you no longer, actively, support.

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2012, 10:13 AM
No.
Some people expect their choice of entertainment to funded by benevolent benefactors "Farmer out your money in!!!" or by the board somehow miraculously loosening purse strings to release money that simply isn't there, in the middle of a huge recession where banks wont allow loans, in a season where income may be reduced due to the Huns situation.
Fenlon has been here, what, 8 months, and already there are calls for his head. Don't people see that this chronic short-term-ism is what is killing the club. /with the exception of CC (and, arguably, Yogi), the managers left too early.
Absolutely there is a cause and effect thing here: better results = more fans = more money, but us Hibbies are notoriously moaning faced buggers - certainly if .net is representative - and it'll never be good enough. I used to sit near a guy who berated Latapy for "too much of this tippy-tappy *****e".

Its not just a question of accepting what we're provided like good little boys and girls. It's always a choice - go or don't go. It's this sense of believing that somehow we're entitled to expect rich individuals or the club custodians ('cos that's what they are - we, the fans, are the club) to pump in there own money or go into debt in return for our £400 that bugs the tits off me.

If you don't like it don't go, but don't moan about no money, don't moan about a club you no longer, actively, support.

The board have said that STF is there as a kind of safety net, and will only be used if and when we are in trouble. I'd say we were in trouble, and now is the time to go asking him to bail us out, if not we wont in my opinion have many fans at all at easter road this season.

Maybe dropping down a league would change the clubs plans?

Twa Cairpets
06-08-2012, 10:33 AM
The board have said that STF is there as a kind of safety net, and will only be used if and when we are in trouble. I'd say we were in trouble, and now is the time to go asking him to bail us out, if not we wont in my opinion have many fans at all at easter road this season.

Maybe dropping down a league would change the clubs plans?

Maybe it would.
But the point isn't whether or not Farmer could put in money, its this expectation that we, as a support, have a divine right to expect him to do so. Given what has happened this summer with the Hun and imminently with Portsmouth, surely the concept of sugar daddy isn't a good model to have.

Its particularly bad for us due to the relative success of them over-by, trophies bought on the never-never making our (admittedly somewhat frustrating) fiscal prudence seem like obstinate refusal to invest in comparison to the Mad Ones extravagance and unpredictably.

If we don't have many fans at ER this season, then, ultimately, we will have found our level in the game, much though it pains me to say it. The only people to blame for that will be those who've decided not to go, although blame isn't the right word here as I've no issue with people saying "nah, its not for me anymore" for whatever reason they choose. I just object to the bleating sense of faux moral outrage that someone hasn't pumped hundreds of thousands of their own cash in just to appease some whinging sods on a message-board.
Isn't that what we've been talking about all summer - clubs paying their way within their means? Any club are only as big as their support. Watch Huns and Tims disappear like snow off a dyke, and the same will happen to Hearts when they finally go tits up.

vercol36
06-08-2012, 10:43 AM

Tom Farmer doesn't give a stuff about anything but his own image. He secured his status as 'King of Leith' by saving Hibs, now he feels he can sit back and relax. Some fans need to give up this idol worship of Farmer and realise that for Hibs to progress, he needs to sell to someone more ambitious. Every day he refuses to sell is damaging for the club.

Phil D. Rolls
06-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Tom Farmer doesn't give a stuff about anything but his own image. He secured his status as 'King of Leith' by saving Hibs, now he feels he can sit back and relax. Some fans need to give up this idol worship of Farmer and realise that for Hibs to progress, he needs to sell to someone more ambitious. Every day he refuses to sell is damaging for the club.

You don't know him do you? Otherwise you would not have written that.

By the way, wo o you have in mind for someone more ambitious - Bryan Kenedy, Craig Whyte?

Twa Cairpets
06-08-2012, 11:08 AM

Typical

Tell me oh wise one. Where are these secret benefactors who are willing to come in and plough millions into the good ship Hibs? Or is this just more unthinking howling at the moon? Who is it Farmer is specifically unwilling to sell to?

Does ma nut.

Phil MaGlass
06-08-2012, 11:15 AM
Maybe it would.
But the point isn't whether or not Farmer could put in money, its this expectation that we, as a support, have a divine right to expect him to do so. Given what has happened this summer with the Hun and imminently with Portsmouth, surely the concept of sugar daddy isn't a good model to have.

Its particularly bad for us due to the relative success of them over-by, trophies bought on the never-never making our (admittedly somewhat frustrating) fiscal prudence seem like obstinate refusal to invest in comparison to the Mad Ones extravagance and unpredictably.

If we don't have many fans at ER this season, then, ultimately, we will have found our level in the game, much though it pains me to say it. The only people to blame for that will be those who've decided not to go, although blame isn't the right word here as I've no issue with people saying "nah, its not for me anymore" for whatever reason they choose. I just object to the bleating sense of faux moral outrage that someone hasn't pumped hundreds of thousands of their own cash in just to appease some whinging sods on a message-board.
Isn't that what we've been talking about all summer - clubs paying their way within their means? Any club are only as big as their support. Watch Huns and Tims disappear like snow off a dyke, and the same will happen to Hearts when they finally go tits up.

I know what youre saying, but the club has/was ***** when the fans HAVE been investing, you cannae blame it on the fans that the team is pish, we have also been through god knows how many managers and players in the last 8 yrs, thats not our fault.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-08-2012, 11:21 AM
My patience is wearing thinner than my hairline

Thats Hibs for you for those of us of a certain vintage Stevie!

joe breezy
06-08-2012, 11:27 AM
I think being a fan is about sticking with the team and club you support.

IMHO, Hibs deserve more support than ever this season but I can't blame anyone for not going - in a way i think I prefer sending them money as I'm doing with the Hibernians scheme

But to say you're no longer a supporter seems a bit extreme, although I was ready to take that stance if Sevco were admitted to the SPL.

Would like to hope Hibs get better but I have a feeling we are bottom 6 for the next couple of years which will see more supporters stop going

PatHead
06-08-2012, 11:30 AM

Absolute rubbish. Tom Farmer didn't really want to get involved with Hibs but got talked into it by his family and friends. He always made clear that he didn't intend to put any money up to keep us going like Jack Walker at Blackburn. To be fair why should he?

There is also no-one out there with money who would be willing to splash the cash (unless my numbers come up tomorrow night :greengrin ).

Twa Cairpets
06-08-2012, 11:40 AM
I know what youre saying, but the club has/was ***** when the fans HAVE been investing, you cannae blame it on the fans that the team is pish, we have also been through god knows how many managers and players in the last 8 yrs, thats not our fault.

That's why I specifically said - "blame isn't quite the right word". The level we end up at will be directly proportionate to our core support on the assumption that there are no other factor such as a Sugar Daddy. We'll have good and bad seasons, and by God we are surely in line for some good ones soon but over the piece we'll be where we are likely to be - bumbling around between 3rd and 7th. If you expect more, assuming again all other factors being equal, then you're deluding yourself,

Secondly, some of the blame is ours, no doubt. short-termist, negative attitudes to players and managers breeds a culture of defensiveness and minimal risk taking. Look at laddies like Wetherspoon. Undoubtedly a natural footballer -works hard, does well for Scotland by all accounts. But at ER , he is ******g terrified to try anything other than that which will land him the least grief from the stands if it goes wrong. You can (in a somewhat cliched way, I'll admit), categorise people as either success achievers or failure avoiders. We have a mentality of the latter, which sadly gives, ultimately, exactly the diametrically opposed result.

I go to lots of games in England across all divisions. I think there are very few clubs elsewhere who have fans who heap quite as much abuse on their own team as we do. amd that must have an effect on the morale of a club. Its not all us by any stretch, but we are part of the problem.

Bad Martini
06-08-2012, 11:59 AM
The bottom line here;

We're looking as pish as we ever have and lots of decisions we made contributed to the pishness we currently display.

It all leads back to one man. And the buck needs to stop somewhere.

No, its NOT ****ing devicisve or attacking the club. MY opinion, I dont think we can really move forward until Petrie pisses of. Then we will see if we (some of us who dont tow a certain party line regards blind faith in the STAFF of the club (think most of us DO have blind faith in Hibs) were right. If not, we'll deal with it then.

Petrie has ****ed up the managerial appointments to many times.
It is the MANAGERIAL appointments who have then ****ed up the team and that in turn, has got us to where we are now.
As someone rightly said, it started with the (non)backing of Collins and led us here.

We STILL need some decent players. We also need to stop treating the fans like ********s with stupid statements on the official site and these cals to arms; the only people to put IN without seeking ANY financial return, are the punters. Always has been the case and always will be. Long after Petrie and co have gone. If we dont start DELIVERING some results, people will piss off. Simple as that.

ENDOF

Just Alf
06-08-2012, 01:01 PM

By the way, wo o you have in mind for someone more ambitious - Bryan Kenedy, Craig Whyte?

This 1000000%

Also..... As a, I guess, a returning supporter (ie more active than before due to the Sevco "afair") I was/am full of hope as the team rebuilds.... Yesterday was a dent to my confidence but I know we have a key new signing that didn't play and that PF is looking for more..... Once the transfer window closes and if we're still gash then, and only then, will I start to worry.... Bottom line though is I'll still be here until the end of the season.

Just Alf
06-08-2012, 01:06 PM
This 1000000%

Also..... As a, I guess, a returning supporter (ie more active than before due to the Sevco "afair") I was/am full of hope as the team rebuilds.... Yesterday was a dent to my confidence but I know we have a key new signing that didn't play and that PF is looking for more..... Once the transfer window closes and if we're still gash then, and only then, will I start to worry.... Bottom line though is I'll still be here until the end of the season.

I probably mean, REALLY worry cause I'm worrying now!

Al

Famous5forever
06-08-2012, 01:11 PM

The Status Quo has delivered this almighty mess we need change and quick i can see there will be 2 resignations the night before the AGM This year Petrie and Paddy.

06-08-2012, 01:33 PM

Totally understand your frustrations, your certainly not alone with your feelings, myself included. Certainly after the horror of the cup final, the pain and anger is still strongly felt, but don't bail out on your club when it needs you most. We are going through a very rough patch and it may get worse before it gets better but if the supporters, the people who are the heart and soul of the football club, start walking away then what hope at all do we have of things improving?

Lucius Apuleius
06-08-2012, 01:39 PM
The Status Quo has delivered this almighty mess we need change and quick i can see there will be 2 resignations the night before the AGM This year Petrie and Paddy.

Rolling down the dustpipe now.

Sudds_1
06-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Absolute rubbish. Tom Farmer didn't really want to get involved with Hibs but got talked into it by his family and friends. He always made clear that he didn't intend to put any money up to keep us going like Jack Walker at Blackburn. To be fair why should he?

There is also no-one out there with money who would be willing to splash the cash (unless my numbers come up tomorrow night :greengrin ).

..the way I heard it he was given a choice between heaven and hell by Cardinal O'Brien............ :wink:

vercol36
06-08-2012, 02:17 PM

I dont know him in a personal capacity but I have met him several times professionally. When not hamming it up for the press or the Catholic church or the Leithers, he is a smug, unpleasant little man. He is also not the type of person who will ever be willing to splash the cash on something as trivial as an improved football squad.

As for the folk asking who will buy the club instead...your guess is as good as mine. You have to take the chance though...some Hibees seem to cling to the status quo as if the only possible answer lies in an old grabby millionaire and his team of accountants. I dont know who's going to buy my house before I sell it, but it doesn't stop me trying. Put a financially sound club like Hibs (with a decent sized support) on the market and a buyer will emerge.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-08-2012, 03:03 PM
I've got a russian army hat i bought when we were over in Vilnius if anybody wants to kick it about outside the West! The only thing that is going to improve the onfield activity of Hibs is external investment, lets face it, its not going to happen any time soon. Unfortunately the dough the club generated that was invested in the new east stand and East Mains has been money down the drain so far. Who makes their ground capacity bigger when the stadium wasnae selling out at the smaller size? Surely investing on the football on the park until you don't have enough seats for folk turning up is the way forward, its not Field of Dreams after all!

Just Alf
06-08-2012, 03:12 PM
I dont know him in a personal capacity but I have met him several times professionally. When not hamming it up for the press or the Catholic church or the Leithers, he is a smug, unpleasant little man. He is also not the type of person who will ever be willing to splash the cash on something as trivial as an improved football squad.

As for the folk asking who will buy the club instead...your guess is as good as mine. You have to take the chance though...some Hibees seem to cling to the status quo as if the only possible answer lies in an old grabby millionaire and his team of accountants. I dont know who's going to buy my house before I sell it, but it doesn't stop me trying. Put a financially sound club like Hibs (with a decent sized support) on the market and a buyer will emerge.

you must be really unlucky with your contacts with him, my own personal contacts have been quite different, although a long time ago .... I also know for a fact that he's financed life saving surgery in at least 2 instances I'm directly aware of and he's never ever made a thing of that.

OK, he's maybe not putting money into our club (as he said he wouldn't) but I'm afraid I can't call him unpleasant etc :dunno:

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2012, 03:14 PM
you must be really unlucky with your contacts with him, my own personal contacts have been quite different, although a long time ago .... I also know for a fact that he's financed life saving surgery in at least 2 instances I'm directly aware of and he's never ever made a thing of that.

OK, he's maybe not putting money into our club (as he said he wouldn't) but I'm afraid I can't call him unpleasant etc :dunno:

Time to fund the 3rd one.

Famous5forever
06-08-2012, 03:20 PM
Rolling down the dustpipe now.

Its mare like Down Down Deeper on Down with these to clowns running the show.

Just Alf
06-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Time to fund the 3rd one.

:greengrin

Kojock
06-08-2012, 03:35 PM

Sir Tom has always said from day one that he would sell the club if the right buyer came along. Dont think theres been many prospective buyers knocking on his door.

I have met him and spoken to him a few times as well and he has always came across as a decent guy. Seems like you have something personal against him. :confused:

BEEJ
06-08-2012, 07:53 PM
I dont know him in a personal capacity but I have met him several times professionally. When not hamming it up for the press or the Catholic church or the Leithers, he is a smug, unpleasant little man.
Wonderful piece of character assassination there. :rolleyes: From someone who, by his own admission, doesn't know STF personally.

And in any case that sentence adds nothing to the general point you're trying to make.

edinburghhibee
06-08-2012, 08:28 PM
that says it all for me " The second best team in the league"!!! they are dundee utd FFS!!!

Correct they are Dundee united, and I believe they are the second best team in the league.

Can you tell me who you think is better than them this year?

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2012, 08:40 PM
Correct they are Dundee united, and I believe they are the second best team in the league.

I agree they could be the 2nd best team this season, and its no surprise they have pumped the 11th best team.

The Green Goblin
06-08-2012, 09:08 PM

Agree. Also: What's the point in spending thousands of pounds on a pre-season tour abroad, when we are short of money to buy players? Would a couple of attractive friendlies at ER not been a better idea?

TornadoHibby
06-08-2012, 09:09 PM

BIG G

The bit in bold has been a question posed on here many times over the past two or three years and largely ignored by all the 'just keep buying yer ST no matter how pish the team is or it will be your fault that it continues to be' supporters posting such messages for the benefit of those who don't seem to accept it as readily as they do or, appear to!

:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2012, 09:10 PM
Agree. Also: What's the point in spending thousands of pounds on a pre-season tour abroad, when we are short of money to buy players? Would a couple of attractive friendlies at ER not been a better idea?

Team building will be the stock answer, even though the manager wants to change most of the team? I dont know if the trip cost much, maybe a couple of hundred season tickets??????

Kaiser1962
06-08-2012, 09:11 PM
I agree they could be the 2nd best team this season, and its no surprise they have pumped the 11th best team.

I agree they probably are just now as well. I thought, as much as we were poor, they were very good. However........:greengrin

They have only finished in the top four in the last three years. Since we were in the first, in the 11 seasons till they finished third in 2010 they managed to finish 5th only three times and only once before the appointment of Levein in 2006. They have had 2 X 11th; 2 x 9th; 2 x 8th and one 5th before Levein was appointed and he got 9th in his first two seasons followed by back to back 5th places and then 3rd and two 4th's. We finished 4th, to their 3rd and sacked our manager soon after yet now they are being held up as some sort of benchmark for which to aim.

In my mind their recent run is down to the appointment of Levein, who finished 9th two years before United then had this run of 5 top 6 finishes despite them being under the same ownership. They appointed a tried and tested manager and gave him time, despite finishing 9th in his first two seasons, something we would not tolerate and they are reaping the benefit. Houston was there with Levein and continued on where he left of.

For what its worth i think Hibs are trying to be too cute in appointing their managers. Nothing to do with cost merely that we are trying to do things that are a little different, going for guys with different ideas and from different environments but it's not really coming off. I still have faith that Fenlon, giving time and spared from abuse, will do it for us.

edinburghhibee
06-08-2012, 09:14 PM

Agree I think the fact that Dundee are in the league this year will be the reason we are not relegated, but I also dont believe killie or Inverness will be too hot either.

We are def not the only team going to struggle this season. It's going to be a tough season but pf needs time to get his team playing the way he wants it. I don't believe that can be done this season.

TornadoHibby
06-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Hibs have backed their managers well but the managers haven't all used that money well. That's fairly evident and you'd have to have some sort of mental deficiency to argue that.

However once that money has been spent you can't pretend it never happened and just start all over again. The legacy of those poor signing is that this manager's budget is severely limited and he has more that ge needs to change than the teams that finished above us do.

Perhaps the biggest deficiency on the part of the Board in terms of significantly contributing to the recent years diabolical performances and the resultant financial losses has been the appointment of managers of the team who have proved to be seriously deficient in the necessary skills required to succeed in that role assuming that and, as you say, the Board have fully supported their chosen Managers fully financially!

Even people with mental deficiencies would be able to appreciate that I suspect! :confused:

TornadoHibby
06-08-2012, 09:27 PM

Care to share your 'detailed insider information' Andy?

SouthamptonHibs
06-08-2012, 09:34 PM

Agree if we need extra money we should have organised 3 friendlies at home charged say £10/£5 a skull maybe get 20,000 in total through the gates. Teams like Sunderland and Newcastle are only dwn the road they would bring 3/4,000 away fans. Mind u they might not see us as a good workout

Phil D. Rolls
06-08-2012, 10:48 PM

Fair dos, not the guy I have bumped into, seems modest to me.

The Falcon
07-08-2012, 06:35 AM

Thing about the house analogy is that you dont really care who buys it. Do you vet the potential buyer to see if they are going to get along with the neighbours, or do you ask them what their furture plans are? Perhaps you should ask to see their bank accounts to make sure they can actually afford it and not going to get themselves evicted in a couple of years should interest rates change. You also, in all likelihood, sell to the highest bidder. More than likely, like most of us, you dont really care about any of those things and just move on.

If STF was to put Hibs on the market, without conditions attached, the best price he would get would be from property developers, look what happened over the lochend butterfly development. Should he then sell?

Met him a few times and have found him nothing but pleasant and accomodating although I would imagine that, in business, he is a different animal. As others have said I know of a friend's child who has benefitted directly from STF's benevolence and compared to that the result of a football game is insignificant. IMO.

Hibs have sold before to folk who were using other folks money and it needed a hard nosed, ruthless businessman to deal with the sharks that were gobbling the minnows who presented the persona that were big hitters which, when tested, they werent.

blackpoolhibs
07-08-2012, 06:58 AM
Thing about the house analogy is that you dont really care who buys it. Do you vet the potential buyer to see if they are going to get along with the neighbours, or do you ask them what their furture plans are? Perhaps you should ask to see their bank accounts to make sure they can actually afford it and not going to get themselves evicted in a couple of years should interest rates change. You also, in all likelihood, sell to the highest bidder. More than likely, like most of us, you dont really care about any of those things and just move on.

If STF was to put Hibs on the market, without conditions attached, the best price he would get would be from property developers, look what happened over the lochend butterfly development. Should he then sell?

Met him a few times and have found him nothing but pleasant and accomodating although I would imagine that, in business, he is a different animal. As others have said I know of a friend's child who has benefitted directly from STF's benevolence and compared to that the result of a football game is insignificant. IMO.

Hibs have sold before to folk who were using other folks money and it needed a hard nosed, ruthless businessman to deal with the sharks that were gobbling the minnows who presented the persona that were big hitters which, when tested, they werent.

Thats probably all true, only met him twice, and fleetingly at that. What i dont understand though, is what does he get out of owning us? He apparently is only getting involved as a safety net, a safety net that needs used every season by the look of things?

Surely to god he cant be happy about the way things have gone, and must realise something is not running right?

He's employed Rod as his right hand man, the guy to run things in his absence, how the hell can he say he wished he had 100 Petries, when he keeps coming to the well every season?

I keep hearing there's nobody out there who's knocking the door down wanting to buy the club, yet here we have an owner who's hardly there, and not in my opinion breaking his back to make us successful.

The Falcon
07-08-2012, 07:32 AM
Thats probably all true, only met him twice, and fleetingly at that. What i dont understand though, is what does he get out of owning us? He apparently is only getting involved as a safety net, a safety net that needs used every season by the look of things?

Surely to god he cant be happy about the way things have gone, and must realise something is not running right?

He's employed Rod as his right hand man, the guy to run things in his absence, how the hell can he say he wished he had 100 Petries, when he keeps coming to the well every season?

I keep hearing there's nobody out there who's knocking the door down wanting to buy the club, yet here we have an owner who's hardly there, and not in my opinion breaking his back to make us successful.

He only appears to get grief, which I am pretty sure he could do without.

I dont for one second imagine that he is happy with the way things are going and, I would imagine, there are/have been a number of changes at boardroom level. STF has supported Rod steadfastly and I cant imagine that changing.

It is oft mentioned that we should look to Dundee United but one of the stats guys pointed out last night and when Levein got the job he finished 9th in his first two seasons, the poster asked if we would have tolerated that and the answer, sadly is no. United brought on Michael Gardyne as a sub but when we were linked with him (in Adams time here?) this board nearly went into meltdown.

There is no-one out there who will buy the club and if this was unique to Hibs then I might look at things differently, but its not. If anyone takes on a football club in Scotland they are going to need lots of money to waste and skin like a rhino. Volunteers apply in writing.

Keith_M
07-08-2012, 07:39 AM
That's right, tell the guy to go and he won't be missed. Just like the 4,000 or so that we've lost off our average attendance in the last three seasons, they won't be missed either.

Why shouldn't he come on here and have a rant about it? I thought that's what hibs.net was for, giving your views, and occassionally venting your spleen, on Hibs and all things football.

FWIW, I wouldn't have answered his E-Mail either if it was anything like the tone of his Post, but that doesn't mean he's wrong about the feeling of remoteness a lot of fans have about the owners of this club. I would say that sitting back and letting Petrie et-al just get on with things clearly isn't working.

I, for one, only see yet another long season of struggle ahead. I would absolutely love if that wasn't the case but at the moment, it seems the most likely eventuality.

marinello59
07-08-2012, 07:40 AM
There is no-one out there who will buy the club and if this was unique to Hibs then I might look at things differently, but its not. If anyone takes on a football club in Scotland they are going to need lots of money to waste and skin like a rhino. Volunteers apply in writing.

Does anybody know if Judith Chalmers likes Fitba?

blackpoolhibs
07-08-2012, 07:42 AM
Does anybody know if Judith Chalmers likes Fitba?

I dont think so, she wouldn't get to use her passport enough? :wink:

ahibby
07-08-2012, 08:49 AM
No.

You are way of the mark with that attitude. I was one of the first to buy a st for this season so I do support the team. I don't shout abuse at matches but I do air my views on here. I don't expect STF or RP to put money in to the club. I do expect our club to hire people who can use our resources to put us were we belong. We don't have those people at the club in my view. You are right that people should/will chose to go or not go and there lies our future. People will chose not to go while Hibs continue on their current path.

I can't see why you used a quote from me to reply to then you went off on some jibberish about Latapy being berated and money being pumped in to the club by the wealthy guys when my post had nothing to do with either. That's a bit strange that is.

ahibby
07-08-2012, 08:56 AM

Your point has nothing to do with Hibs being crap, which is the point that many of us are trying to get over but seem to be failing to get over to some. We are not trying to address the situation that Dundee Utd are quite good, that's fine. We are trying to address the Hibs situation. We should be closer to them than we are. The manner of defeat on Sunday is like the cup final was, unacceptable.

Twa Cairpets
07-08-2012, 09:07 AM
You are way of the mark with that attitude. I was one of the first to buy a st for this season so I do support the team. I don't shout abuse at matches but I do air my views on here. I don't expect STF or RP to put money in to the club. I do expect our club to hire people who can use our resources to put us were we belong. We don't have those people at the club in my view. You are right that people should/will chose to go or not go and there lies our future. People will chose not to go while Hibs continue on their current path.

I can't see why you used a quote from me to reply to then you went off on some jibberish about Latapy being berated and money being pumped in to the club by the wealthy guys when my post had nothing to do with either. That's a bit strange that is.

the Latapy quote was there to show that we can be torn faced sods as a support, and have a significant proportion, both at games and on here, who seem to rejoice in mumping and moaning.

Your point was about the custodians of the club. You may be right, you may be wrong regarding their capabilities, but the point I was trying to make is that it does my head in that the default position of many (not necessarily you) is that we are due better. The inference is that we put our money in and get nothing out. This is simply not true. You get to go to football games with several thousand other supporters, see your mates, involve yourself in the match day "rituals" that attending football brings. You have a choice. Pay your money and do this, or spend it on something else. for every other entertainment/activity people do, this is the choice they make. I know football is somewhat different - it is the greatest sport on the planet in my view, and creates emotion different from any other - but ultimately it is an entertainment.

If you cease to be entertained enough, don't go. I just people wouldn't do it with a mix of unthinking venom and amateur dramatics.

ronaldo7
12-08-2012, 04:12 PM

I bet you wished you'd lasted at least another week.:wink:

We're turning the corner and on the up although one swallow and all that:aok: