PDA

View Full Version : Liam O'Brien Watch

hibsbollah
05-08-2012, 04:26 PM
I was positioned about 10 yards away from our esteemed assistant this afternoon, and watched him closely to see what he was passing on to the players as today's horror show unfolded.

Inside the first 10 mins, inexplicably shouted 'f*** aff' at an unidentified player. 6 seconds letter 'f***aff' again.

No obvious further contribution first half. Second half commences , shouts 'tim' 'tim' at clancy and points at johnny russell. Clancy gives him protracted verbals back. Liam crosses arms and looks grumpy.

Sporadically shouts 'out! out!' at the defence in the 50-60 minute period when we were getting torn to shreds. Presumably hes heard Lawrenson and Dixon on MOTD saying the defence is 'sitting too deep', and thinks this was the tactical stratagem we were missing.

And that was it. Almost none of the players acknowledged him or even looked in his direction. We are a rudderless ship.

allezsauzee
05-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Just like having Yogi back then?

marinello59
05-08-2012, 04:57 PM
Just like having Yogi back then?

At least Yogi wore a suit. :greengrin

Heisenberg
05-08-2012, 04:57 PM
It's worrying that he seems to take the training as well.

hibsbollah
05-08-2012, 05:00 PM
At least Yogi wore a suit. :greengrin

Liam 'Any old iron' O'Brien does not pull off the grey track suit look well at all. Sartorially we are all at sea.

Golden Bear
05-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Bring back Billy Broon all is forgiven.

:rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
05-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Liam 'Any old iron' O'Brien does not pull off the grey track suit look well at all. Sartorially we are all at sea.

We also have our goalkeeping coach, telling Ivan and others what to do......It was like watching the blind leading the blind......

Frazerbob
05-08-2012, 05:03 PM
I was positioned about 10 yards away from our esteemed assistant this afternoon, and watched him closely to see what he was passing on to the players as today's horror show unfolded.

Inside the first 10 mins, inexplicably shouted 'f*** aff' at an unidentified player. 6 seconds letter 'f***aff' again.

No obvious further contribution first half. Second half commences , shouts 'tim' 'tim' at clancy and points at johnny russell. Clancy gives him protracted verbals back. Liam crosses arms and looks grumpy.

Sporadically shouts 'out! out!' at the defence in the 50-60 minute period when we were getting torn to shreds. Presumably hes heard Lawrenson and Dixon on MOTD saying the defence is 'sitting too deep', and thinks this was the tactical stratagem we were missing.

And that was it. Almost none of the players acknowledged him or even looked in his direction. We are a rudderless ship.

Just posted similar thoughts on another thread. I was sat next to the Hibs bench and I have to say, some of the coaching from L'OB and the rest was amatuer at best. With Fenlon sat behind the glass behind them, a guy I din't know was running between him and Thomson and O'Brien with instructions but they didn't seem to be getting any messages across to the players....other than shouts of "Lewis, come on to ****" etc. It was like being at a game on Leith Links. The contrast with Hegarty and Houston was like night and day.

I voiced concerns when Fenlon was appointed and it looks like they are coming to fruition. I like him as a person. He seems passionate and a decent guy with a much needed nasty streak. However, I firmly believe he is out of his depth and his team do not deserve to be at a club of our stature.

Baldy Foghorn
05-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Just posted similar thoughts on another thread. I was sat next to the Hibs bench and I have to say, some of the coaching from L'OB and the rest was amatuer at best. With Fenlon sat behind the glass behind them, a guy I din't know was running between him and Thomson and O'Brien with instructions but they didn't seem to be getting any messages across to the players....other than shouts of "Lewis, come on to ****" etc. It was like being at a game on Leith Links. The contrast with Hegarty and Houston was like night and day.

I voiced concerns when Fenlon was appointed and it looks like they are coming to fruition. I like him as a person. He seems passionate and a decent guy with a much needed nasty streak. However, I firmly believe he is out of his depth and his team do not deserve to be at a club of our stature.

The guy running back and forth is our Fitness Coach......Watching PF during game and he was sat musing looking non-plussed writing down notes.....I hope he was writing the names of 11 players we need:rolleyes:

allezsauzee
05-08-2012, 05:10 PM
I think the problem is that Petrie & Co wouldnt know a decent manager if he bit them on the backside. They might know how to run the finances but know nowt about football. I don't think it's lack of investment. We just don't get the right people in. We pay better wages than Dundee United but end up with a team that is so inferior it's ridiculous

Matty_Jack04
05-08-2012, 06:47 PM

Football snobbery is ruining this club.

Frazerbob
05-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Football snobbery is ruining this club.

Really? I thought it was poor players and managers.

Beefster
05-08-2012, 07:16 PM

Utterly out of his depth. Stephen Kenny Mk II.

Bad things happen when Lindsay is in charge of anything, never mind recruiting the most important person at the football club.