PDA

View Full Version : Ivan and wotherspoon

Hibiza
05-08-2012, 03:49 PM
Ivan and wotherspoon , rubbish. more as well. :taxi.

need some proven quality players , we look like Newtongrange star . Pat if you cant hack it gtf

sbell1875
05-08-2012, 04:03 PM

need some proven quality players , we look like Newtongrange star . Pat if you cant hack it gtf

By a mile the two worst players on show. How Spoony lasted the 90 is beyond me.

Stephens was well out his depth as well. How a player nowhere near the first team picture last season under Fenlon is now a starter is beyond my logic!

KeithTheHibby
05-08-2012, 04:15 PM

Stephens was well out his depth as well. How a player nowhere near the first team picture last season under Fenlon is now a starter is beyond my logic!

Bang on. Add Spoony, Doyle and Sproule to that list. Neither of these guys were good enough last year yet start today. The bench made up of laddies.

Long season ahead with no doubt the inevitable change of manager after a dozen games.

sahib
05-08-2012, 04:27 PM

I only watched on telly, but I thought Wotherspoon was one of our better players in the first half. I remember Mowbray was shocked to find that the players didn't know what a passing drill was. Well, it looks like it is a skill that has been successfully expunged once more. We need to create chances we were punchless. We can't work the ball forward; there seemed a lack of understanding between the players. Maybe they are just not up to it but I can't help but think we could get more from them.

Offside Trap
05-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Wotherspoon was OK today. Far from our worst performer.

I agree on Sproule - was put in decent positions a couple of times in first half and the end product was just abysmal.

Stevenson for me was just the worst of the lot. Not in the game at all. Complete waste of a shirt today.

erin go bragh
05-08-2012, 06:58 PM

I agree on Sproule - was put in decent positions a couple of times in first half and the end product was just abysmal.

Stevenson for me was just the worst of the lot. Not in the game at all. Complete waste of a shirt today.
No way was Wotherspoon ok ,granted he was not the worst but ok ,no way .
Done he haw all game .

ggtth

The Voice Of Reason
05-08-2012, 07:05 PM

Oh my god, if you think Wotherspoon was "ok" today then you must be REALLY easily pleased !!!!!

Are you wotherspooniesta in disguise ? :wink:

SteveHFC
05-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Both were crap today

Heisenberg
05-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Both were crap today

Yep, nowhere near good enough.

AlbertK86
05-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Midfield is a massive problem

Let's hope Deegan and Cairney can get at least one other new arrival to help and give either Stanton or Booth a good run

Sproule Spoon Stevenson - see yiz..... Had their chance last season - failed

Have they learnt - nut - simply not good enough

Wot must Stanton Edwards Cropley Sauzee Collins Latapy think when they look at wot we have now

Springbank
05-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Yep, nowhere near good enough.

Hibernian is no place for guys who are losers. Well, it ought not to be.

Too many guys in the midfield positions who offer nothing creatively, and are a pushover defensively.

And a forward line that looks the weakest in the league.

Lots of 3-0 defeats ahead, unless and until we get serious in the transfer market.

Heisenberg
05-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Hibernian is no place for guys who are losers. Well, it ought not to be.

Too many guys in the midfield positions who offer nothing creatively, and are a pushover defensively.

And a forward line that looks the weakest in the league.

Lots of 3-0 defeats ahead, unless and until we get serious in the transfer market.

I know it may sound harsh in respect to Spoony but he really dosent look like fulfilling his early promise. It's baffling as he was quality when he broke onto the scene. Sproule is just finished IMO. I really hope Spoony finds what he's been missing as he could be a key player for us, its just whether or not we can afford to give him the time.

SMAXXA
05-08-2012, 09:13 PM
To think that people on here defended Spoony and Stevenson makes me laugh, ive said form long enough neither are good enough, as is Hanlon for the record IMO. How we can play a guy that couldnt get a game for the most part of last season (Spoony) is beyond me. We need rid of Sproule, Spoony, Stevenson, Hanlon for a start, to be fair I wouldnt lose sleep of losing many of our squad.

LeighLoyal
05-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Hanlon is good young player, heard the same **** about Caldwell a few years back. Where is now again?

Wotherspiniesta
05-08-2012, 09:25 PM
Oh my god, if you think Wotherspoon was "ok" today then you must be REALLY easily pleased !!!!!

Are you wotherspooniesta in disguise ? :wink:

Can't help yourself, can you? :rolleyes:

stanton10
05-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Can't help yourself, can you? :rolleyes:

Hes, got a point ?

Wotherspiniesta
05-08-2012, 09:33 PM
Hes, got a point ?

Looks like I've got an admirer :love ya!:

paul_hfc3
05-08-2012, 09:52 PM
To think that people on here defended Spoony and Stevenson makes me laugh, ive said form long enough neither are good enough, as is Hanlon for the record IMO. How we can play a guy that couldny get a game for the most part of last season (Spoony) is beyond me. We need rid of Sproule, Spoony, Stevenson, Hanlon for a start, to be fair I wouldnt lose sleep of losing many of our squad.

He got player of the Season for Hibs last season to be fair mate. He's not bad hes average. Top thing about him is work ethic, hes a proper grafter and loves Hibs.

Paul Hanlon I didn't rate, infact I would say hes highly overrated still, but having said that I actually think hes got it in him to become a good player. Hes certainly becoming a better player in 2012 so far. Maybe its McPake's aiding in Central defence.

Wotherspiniesta
05-08-2012, 10:39 PM
He got player of the Season for Hibs last season to be fair mate. He's not bad hes average. Top thing about him is work ethic, hes a proper grafter and loves Hibs.

Paul Hanlon I didn't rate, infact I would say hes highly overrated still, but having said that I actually think hes got it in him to become a good player. Hes certainly becoming a better player in 2012 so far. Maybe its McPake's aiding in Central defence.

Its not really the top thing. It's the only thing positive people have to say about him? But where was this grafting today? Where was it in the cup final? Where was it the 2 months before that? Stevenson wasn't so much chasing shadows today as he was chasing NOTHING. I think he touched the ball about 3 times. One was a poor clearance to nobody and another was a weak, aimless header resulting in us losing posession for about the 20th time in the first half.

Famous5forever
05-08-2012, 11:16 PM

Ivan was a petrie signing so not blaming Paddy for that mistake good to see old Nortons Taxi back if i had a wish id get it to pick up Petrie and put the lights out when you leave, and drive it off Granton Harbour into the Sea with the old misor on board.:wink:

Brooster
06-08-2012, 07:56 AM
This is how I see it regarding yesterdays starting xi:
Sproule, no awareness of whats going on around him, final ball is almost always the wrong option.
Stevenson, hid all game, gives us nothing in defence or attack.
Stephens, I cannot begin to explain how bad he is.
These 3 need to be dropped asap if hibs are to improve.
Hanlon, Doyle and Wotherspoon need to step up to the mark very soon or they can go the same way as the first 3.
Williams, Clancy, Mcpake, Cairney and Griffiths will all be good spl players in my opinion especially if we can weed the zhite ones out.

Andy74
06-08-2012, 08:48 AM

He doesn't have anyone else just now. He showed at the end of last year that these two wouldn't be in his team if he had anyone else.

These are the guys that he has been left with contracts for and will need to play until we can get better players in.

I'm not getting how thees two are an indication of Fenlon doing anyhting wrong - it's an indication of what the problems he has inherited are and they are continuing to have an impact as it is a huge rebuilding job.

mmmmhibby
06-08-2012, 09:05 AM
I know it may sound harsh in respect to Spoony but he really dosent look like fulfilling his early promise. It's baffling as he was quality when he broke onto the scene. Sproule is just finished IMO. I really hope Spoony finds what he's been missing as he could be a key player for us, its just whether or not we can afford to give him the time.

good post mate, agree!!

GerryS
06-08-2012, 09:23 AM

Very harsh on Nitten Star who play some good football.

southsider
06-08-2012, 09:37 AM
good post mate, agree!!
What we have to ask ourselves is how many of our players would get a game for Dundee Utd. Most likely NONE ! We operate on similar budgets and even clubs with far less like Motherwell or St Johnstone seem to be able to attract or find far better players than we seem capable of doing. Personally i would have binned the whole cup final team including the management (and the board if i could have) and started from scratch. A bunch of kids would have at least should some fight and grit. We were pathetic.

CorrieHibs
06-08-2012, 11:45 AM

I've always said Ivan was crap but I got shot down for it cause he scored a hat trick at Ibrox. The guy is woeful he was bad enough the first time round but he's got worse.

hongkonghibee
06-08-2012, 12:13 PM
This is how I see it regarding yesterdays starting xi:
Sproule, no awareness of whats going on around him, final ball is almost always the wrong option.
Stevenson, hid all game, gives us nothing in defence or attack.
Stephens, I cannot begin to explain how bad he is.
These 3 need to be dropped asap if hibs are to improve.
Hanlon, Doyle and Wotherspoon need to step up to the mark very soon or they can go the same way as the first 3.
Williams, Clancy, Mcpake, Cairney and Griffiths will all be good spl players in my opinion especially if we can weed the zhite ones out.

This is how I see it too. We now have 5 SPL reasonable quality players. Williams, Clancy, Mcpake, Cairney and Griffiths. And now new signing Deegan. Maybe Claros too.

Doyle and Hanlon and Booth as squad players.

We still need to sign 5 more good quality players to have a top 6 team.

So far PF has signed some good players within Petries budget, so I hope he can sign another 5 SPL quality players before the transfer window shuts...otherwise its going to be another battle to avoid relegation again.
If we could transfer out a couple of these players (not easy) - Stevenson (I like him, but not what we need now), Wotherspoon (so much potential, but we cant afford to wait any longer), O'Hanlon and Stephens - then that would help with the budget to bring those 5 needed players in.

SMAXXA
06-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Slightly of topic but whats the situation with Galbraith is he still with us?

tomhorn
06-08-2012, 12:29 PM
He doesn't have anyone else just now. He showed at the end of last year that these two wouldn't be in his team if he had anyone else.

These are the guys that he has been left with contracts for and will need to play until we can get better players in.

I'm not getting how thees two are an indication of Fenlon doing anyhting wrong - it's an indication of what the problems he has inherited are and they are continuing to have an impact as it is a huge rebuilding job.

I'm sorry but this defending of the manager is getting tiresome. Seems like a nice guy and all but he is clearly out of his depth. He will be beinned before Christmas and we will start all over again. Garanteed.

brydekirk
06-08-2012, 12:34 PM

Rehab after his opperation.

SMAXXA
06-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Rehab after his opperation.

Thanks m8. Not that hes gona change our fortunes based on his time at the club to date.

Fergus52
06-08-2012, 12:43 PM
Why all the doyle hate?

Every time we made a half chance he was involved, he beat his man a few times down the left flank with the ball at his feet and won a couple of headers against his marker who was a good few inches taller than him.

Nothing awe-inspiring but he was easily one of our better performers.

Hermit Crab
06-08-2012, 12:46 PM

Agree, and can take stephens claros stevenson and Hanlon with them :bye:

Brooster
06-08-2012, 01:13 PM
Told to find a new club.

green glory
06-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Ivan's crosses were amateurish at best and Spoony's corners were pitiful, not to mention him still being one of the slowest players on the park.

Hopefully Deegan will be replacing Spoony on Sunday. Along with Cairney we might actually see some grit in midfield.

Ivan needs dropped or maybe brought on as a sub striker.

Wouldn't mind seeing Kujabi or Booth in LM as both clearly aren't left backs.

Hermit Crab
06-08-2012, 02:38 PM
Ivan's crosses were amateurish at best and Spoony's corners were pitiful, not to mention him still being one of the slowest players on the park.

Hopefully Deegan will be replacing Spoony on Sunday. Along with Cairney we might actually see some grit in midfield.

Ivan needs dropped or maybe brought on as a sub striker.

Wouldn't mind seeing Kujabi or Booth in LM as both clearly aren't left backs.

Did he manage to cross the ball yesterday?

Can't remember him clearing the first man once.

Ivan needs sold or freed.

Kujabi at LM and Booth at LB for me

Beefster
07-08-2012, 02:29 AM
Hanlon is good young player, heard the same **** about Caldwell a few years back. Where is now again?

Caldwell at Hibs was multiple times the player that Hanlon is. If you want someone to compare Hanlon to, think Hogg.