PDA

View Full Version : Shocking/enough is enough/a new season of hope/what is wrong with hibs ?

GGTTH07
05-08-2012, 01:50 PM
Actually embarrasing as of how bad we have got. Ridiculous. 3 CMs done f all. Invest NOW.

scuttle
05-08-2012, 01:54 PM
Looking forward to hearing the happy clappers defend that. Hard to believe but that was worse than last season

Stevie Reid
05-08-2012, 02:00 PM
Had some hope that Fenlon may be able to sort us however gradually, but today's team selection and performance fills me with dread, and any belief I had is almost gone.

The only good thing about the back four last season was the Hanlon McPake partnership and he broke that up. Stephens is a bomb scare and Sproule and Wotherspoon should be nowhere near our starting 11.

Most worrying of all though, is the fact that the players looked as though they couldn't care less. We look like we will score even less and concede even more goals than we did last year - if that happens to be true, it can only mean one thing.

HibsMax
05-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Looking forward to hearing the happy clappers defend that. Hard to believe but that was worse than last season

I'm a positive person but I have nothing positive to say about that performance.

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2012, 02:04 PM
One positive i took from the game was with a wee bit of tinkering, they would be one of the challengers for promotion next season.

Heisenberg
05-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Cairney was the only one that showed a glimpse of heart and determination. The rest were rotten. Clancy isnt a right back, Mcpake sold the jerseys at least three times and Griffiths was ineffective. Relegation battle beckons.

gbur123ukgb
05-08-2012, 02:05 PM
No leadership
No talent
The whole club needs revamped the club is on a huge downward spiral.
Hibs scouting system is shocking
What do the players do at training

Thecat23
05-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Right guys, not going to lie, that for me proves that Petrie has failed as has Fenlon. Hibs came into this new season on the back of the worst result in the clubs history. We as fans always look to see the positive things that may come out of such results. Any chairman or manager would bend over back wards to make sure the fans never suffer like that day back in may. Instead we had a chairman who comes out and tells us WE have to buy season tickets or suffer the same dross. I'm sorry blackmailing the fans is nothing short of criminal. The media other fans and pretty much everyone in football knows this, yet there are some Hibs fans and a few on here who still actually back him.. I ask you one question. WHY?

Serious question.. He is killing our club. We have no scouting network our manager seems so far out his depth it's like watching the tactics of an amateur. How Stephens wasn't hooked is beyond me. We are now worse off than we were end of last season. I've even read folk saying "new season it will be better" why do you think this? the problems last year haven't just disappeared because we have had a few weeks off.

You voice a genuine concern on here and you are told you're a doom and gloomer. What the hell is going on? Fans are so fed up of this we want and deserve better. So don't be coming back with poor statements like "knee jerk" because guys believe me the majority of Hibs fans know where is a real problem with the board.

They must go along, a massive clear out is in order from the top. Hibs need fresh faces on all levels. There is supporting Hibs and there is clear blind faith and it's about time the board really found out how low they have brought us. Fenlon i do feel sorry for but come on, his record is rotten too.

Derby next week and i'll bet we don't have anywhere near what we could have if Hibs did make those changes that were badly needed. I'm sorry but that for me has done it. Season ticket bought but i'll not be there. Sick to death of this year after year. I really hope the fans get together and start putting serious pressure on the board.

Oh and one last thing. When the happy clappers were telling us all to stop panicking about signings, just because we are leaving it till last min, which just about everyone said Hibs would. How do you feel about things now? Still happy to sit and say still plenty time etc.. Because Hibs should have brought in players soon as that final was over. Instead we will see what's left as usual and will suffer for it.

Borderhibbie76
05-08-2012, 02:09 PM
Rod petrie is what is wrong with hibs and until us fans accept that and force him out nothing will ever change!! Am actually raging ive bought a season ticket now.

dmc1875
....Really? :rolleyes:

What I saw was exactly what we all expected to see. A team worse than last year purely because we have brought in next to no-one and have lost so many players. We havent replaced Garry O'Connor who scored most of our goals last year?

Hibernian with bottle? Hibernian with no pace, no direction, no cutting edge, no prescence up top or at the back it would seem, with David Stephens, With David Wotherspoon, with no creativity, no leadership by the looks of things, no tactical know-how, no determination...

The list goes on.

You have failed to pull the wool over our eyes PF & RP. Sort it out.

An utterly gutless humiliating performance. Lets all laugh at hibs brigade willl be on fire tonight. I have rarely been this raging after a defeat, even last season :grr:

Treadstone
Was really hoping Fenlon was the man and prepared to forgive last season over what he inherited , however as far as I can see we have no consistent pattern of play . Fenlon is not the man for this job and his policy of going with players he knows , namely League of Ireland, has been a disaster . He is not up to the task . This looks like setting us back another 18 months to two years .

Spike Mandela
05-08-2012, 02:10 PM
No leadership
No talent

We sold our talent, built a training centre and a new stand but neglected the team. This is where we are and will be swilling around in this pish until we can find another crop of decent youngsters.

BoltonHibee
05-08-2012, 02:10 PM
No leadership
No talent

It will cost a fortune to sort Hibs out, but hey, we raked in millions a few years ago and spent a fortune on infrastructure so all is well.

Farmer may be successful in certain businesses, he sure as hell isn't in this one.

BroxburnHibee
05-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Had to laugh at the thread title - least shocking result ever IMO.

Borderhibbie76
Totally agree, cant believe I was stupid enough to buy a season ticket!! We slag the yams for rolling over to mad vlad, we are no better. Farmer may have saved us but him and petrie are slowly killing our club!!

S.sct
Depressing :-(

Ultrabee1-0
What is fenlon's win ratio compared to CC?

Biggie
05-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Was really hoping Fenlon was the man and prepared to forgive last season over what he inherited , however as far as I can see we have no consistent pattern of play . Fenlon is not the man for this job and his policy of going with players he knows , namely League of Ireland, has been a disaster . He is not up to the task . This looks like setting us back another 18 months to two years .
Got to agree with you there treadstone, serious reservations about Fenlon looking to be up to the job...these loi players won't get hibs out the mire

dmc1875
05-08-2012, 02:15 PM

I dont think I even want to know...

reidy
05-08-2012, 02:16 PM
There is a lack of tactics if one plan isn't going right PF doesn't change anything he hopes it will eventually work and by then we are normally out of the game

SaulGoodman
05-08-2012, 02:16 PM
It's our fault for not buying enough season tickets, don't you know?

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2012, 02:17 PM
I sat in my mates house to watch the match today, and my mate Billy said Gary, we surely cant be as bad as last season?

Well i never answered him, i shrugged my shoulders. I think the next 90 minutes gave us the answer? :rolleyes:

PISTOL1875
05-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Shocking is putting it mildly.. David Stephens and Ivan Sproule can sit next to me next week for all the good they done..

Fenlon broke up the Hanlon/McPake partnership which is madness..

Not convinced and Clancy at RB either to be honest..

Doyle at LM is baffling to say the least as well.. Totally ineffective..

BoltonHibee
05-08-2012, 02:18 PM
I sat in my mates house to watch the match today, and my mate Billy said Gary, we surely cant be as bad as last season?

Well i never answered him, i shrugged my shoulders. I think the next 90 minutes gave us the answer? :rolleyes:

I wish you hadn't hounded out Calderwood!

goosefat
05-08-2012, 02:19 PM

CC Won 26.53%
PF Won 32.14%

Jim Duffy Won 20.83%

See http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/manager_list.php for full stats

blackpoolhibs
I wish you hadn't hounded out Calderwood!

:faf: I wish we still had Hughes. :wink:

matty_f
It's our fault for not buying enough season tickets, don't you know?

Brilliant, because that's what people have been saying right enough.

HibsMax
05-08-2012, 02:21 PM
We sold our talent, built a training centre and a new stand but neglected the team. This is where we are and will be swilling around in this pish until we can find another crop of decent youngsters.

This.

All along I backed the club in spending the way they did but I also said that when those things were taken care of the Club had to invest in the team. They've failed to do that. If I had known that Hibs would spend on the infrastructure and then neglect the team then I would not have have felt the same was as I did.

Thecat23
Totally agree, cant believe I was stupid enough to buy a season ticket!! We slag the yams for rolling over to mad vlad, we are no better. Farmer may have saved us but him and petrie are slowly killing our club!!

It's true, our chairman is killing Hibs. I know plenty of folk involved in football and all say the same thing.

I'll tell you a story about Petire. Hibs wanted to sign a player beginning of last season and asked this player and his wife over for talks. When they accepted Petrie said great, Make you're own way over and you will need to put them up in a hotel to the agent. Every SPL club who asks players over seas or down south for talks pays for the travel and stay. Not Petrie. I'm good mates with the agent and most of his dealings are EPL but he said he would never refer another player again to Hibs for the way he treated his client.

But yet Mr Petrie can't do no wrong with a section of Hibs netters. Maybe one day they will come round but i'm not holding my breath mate.

fatbloke
Right guys, not going to lie, that for me proves that Petrie has failed as has Fenlon. Hibs came into this new season on the back of the worst result in the clubs history. We as fans always look to see the positive things that may come out of such results. Any chairman or manager would bend over back wards to make sure the fans never suffer like that day back in may. Instead we had a chairman who comes out and tells us WE have to buy season tickets or suffer the same dross. I'm sorry blackmailing the fans is nothing short of criminal. The media other fans and pretty much everyone in football knows this, yet there are some Hibs fans and a few on here who still actually back him.. I ask you one question. WHY?

Serious question.. He is killing our club. We have no scouting network our manager seems so far out his depth it's like watching the tactics of an amateur. How Stephens wasn't hooked is beyond me. We are now worse off than we were end of last season. I've even read folk saying "new season it will be better" why do you think this? the problems last year haven't just disappeared because we have had a few weeks off.

You voice a genuine concern on here and you are told you're a doom and gloomer. What the hell is going on? Fans are so fed up of this we want and deserve better. So don't be coming back with poor statements like "knee jerk" because guys believe me the majority of Hibs fans know where is a real problem with the board.

They must go along, a massive clear out is in order from the top. Hibs need fresh faces on all levels. There is supporting Hibs and there is clear blind faith and it's about time the board really found out how low they have brought us. Fenlon i do feel sorry for but come on, his record is rotten too.

Derby next week and i'll bet we don't have anywhere near what we could have if Hibs did make those changes that were badly needed. I'm sorry but that for me has done it. Season ticket bought but i'll not be there. Sick to death of this year after year. I really hope the fans get together and start putting serious pressure on the board.

Oh and one last thing. When the happy clappers were telling us all to stop panicking about signings, just because we are leaving it till last min, which just about everyone said Hibs would. How do you feel about things now? Still happy to sit and say still plenty time etc.. Because Hibs should have brought in players soon as that final was over. Instead we will see what's left as usual and will suffer for it.

What he said:top marks

SaulGoodman
05-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Brilliant, because that's what people have been saying right enough.
Because that's what I said right enough. I was talking about the articles on the official website :rolleyes:

Captain Trips
05-08-2012, 02:23 PM

BH did you really need another 90 mins to see that this is just basically as bad a team as last year. Writing on wall for 12 months. PF is not the answer.

PISTOL1875
05-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Rod petrie is what is wrong with hibs and until us fans accept that and force him out nothing will ever change!! Am actually raging ive bought a season ticket now.

Petrie takes his orders from Farmer and is only doing what he is told by his boss.

If we want change then Farmer is the one we have to target...

Elephant Stone
05-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Because that's what I said right enough. I was talking about the articles on the official website :rolleyes:

Which ones?

gbur123ukgb
05-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Other clubs ie united have been going for 2nd divison players etc for years and it has worked but with our scouting network wed sign bob malcom etc
changes are needed from top right down it should be an honour to play for hibs

HibsMax
05-08-2012, 02:28 PM

knee jerk reaction. :wink:

All joking aside, I don't know what the problem is. By a process of elimination, we've eliminated the managers, players, stadium and training facilities. What else is there left to blame? It's elementary my dear Watson.

What concerns me is that the fundamental issue appears to be with fundind - we need to invest. But where does the money come from? We either need a Sugar Daddy or we need to accumulate debt. In this climate I'm against more debt but I also feel pretty strongly about how crap Hibs are playing.

EDIT : I hate the terms doom and gloomer and happy clapper. All they serve to do is drive a wedge between the support. There are negative conotations associated with both terms. That said, I always have a positive outlook on things like this. It doesn't mean my head is in the sand, it means I continue to grasp onto what little hope I have left. It doesn't mean I am a Rod Petrie fan. It doesn't mean I go along with everything the club does and says...but sometimes I get the impression that positivity is confused with being blinkered.

SouthamptonHibs
05-08-2012, 02:29 PM
We are brutal! Defence poor, midfield shocking, strikers starved off quality service. Only pass mark is the goalie looks good. Waiting till Friday before buying my derby ticket hoping for 3/4 signings in place before the Hearts game. Today was awful that team will get relegated. How Fenlon didn't make the change after 10mins today worries me. A blind man could see Stephens is no use and our system was wrong

yeezus.
05-08-2012, 02:30 PM
I'm very concerned about next Sunday, I've put a lot of effort in getting time off work and booking a train from Stranraer, I just hope they turn up.:rolleyes:

sesoim
05-08-2012, 02:30 PM
How come Fenlon has to continually sign players to get an "improvement", yet many other managers can get a positive reaction by simply shuffling the formation/players about and giving them a bit of motivation (or a proverbial kick up the arse)? I'm not saying we've had a great squad in recent times, but Fenlon doesn't seem to have a clue how to get more out of ANY of the players.

Booth is a great example - a great young prospect before Fenlon arrived, now where is he?

SaulGoodman
05-08-2012, 02:31 PM
Which ones?
Money from season tickets going towards transfers? It was tongue-in-cheek don't take it too serious ffs.

Northernhibee
05-08-2012, 02:31 PM
I don't think the problem was with the new players, it lies with CC and Yogis players that remain. We don't have the money to repair all our problems in one season.

We were against a very good Utd side I fancy to take the fight to Celtic, and the main culprits mistakes were taken full advantage of.

I'll reserve the OTT wrist slitting for a few more games. Not good enough today, but we will improve.

matty_f
05-08-2012, 02:33 PM
The biggest issue is we still have a huge lack if quality where it counts. It was blindingly obvious last season and we haven't done enough about it so far.
I like Lewis Stevenson but last year he was a key part of a midfield that was over-run by practically every side we were up against. As was Sproule. As was Wotherspoon. Yet here we are again with them starting for us. No wonder the defence is exposed and the strikers deprived of chances.
Hopefully Deegan helps but it needs more than that.
It's going to be a long, long season.

California-Hibs
05-08-2012, 02:33 PM
Why oh WHY! And frankly anyone out there who try and say these players have anything positive to offer us are completly deluded and don't know footballers for the life of them.
Atleast we can hope that Deegan is a good player because one of the mentioned midfielders MUST drop out for him and the other mentioned midfielder must drop out and a NEW signing midfielder put in his place.
Sick to death of watching players with zero ability in our team!

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2012, 02:34 PM
BH did you really need another 90 mins to see that this is just basically as bad a team as last year. Writing on wall for 12 months. PFIZER is not the answer.

No i didn't, i knew we have not improved at all, in fact we are weaker all over the park bar the keeper probably.

But you know, a new season and you try and put these things to the back of your mind just before the games, in fact you probably try and convince yourself things will be fine, and it will all click into place.

Then the game kicks off and reality kicks you square in the baws within 3 minutes. Its become uncool to say what you feel on here, its as if you have to be a stepford Hibby when the clubs involved?

Well not for me, those who own and run our club are harming it, their vision is pish. They need to show a bit of passion for the club, put their money in, yes you Farmer, and get us out the mess your plan on running the club has put us in.

HibsMax
05-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Because we need to field 11 players and we haven't found replacements yet?

We knew that Hibs needed to be rebuilt and I know having that completed by this time would have been amazing.....but perhaps a little unrealistic / over-optimistic?

Hibernian Verse
05-08-2012, 02:35 PM
How can you include Stevenson and not Sproule?

francobaresi
05-08-2012, 02:36 PM
I was looking forward to today since that fiasco at Hampden, new players, refreshed and raring to go. Bit of passion back in me again, 3-0, didn't surprise me in the slightest and to be honest I'm past caring now. In 40 years I have to say I'm not really interested in a team/club that couldn't care less about me. The supporters have been sadly let down, AGAIN, and it's only game 1!

Enjoy the rest of the season people, I'm going out on the mountain bike when Hibs next play, more fun and less painful when it goes wrong...

Brooster
You can add Sproule to that list as well, he hasnt got a clue.

Thecat23

All joking aside, I don't know what the problem is. By a process of elimination, we've eliminated the managers, players, stadium and training facilities. What else is there left to blame? It's elementary my dear Watson.

What concerns me is that the fundamental issue appears to be with fundind - we need to invest. But where does the money come from? We either need a Sugar Daddy or we need to accumulate debt. In this climate I'm against more debt but I also feel pretty strongly about how crap Hibs are playing.

EDIT : I hate the terms doom and gloomer and happy clapper. All they serve to do is drive a wedge between the support. There are negative conotations associated with both terms. That said, I always have a positive outlook on things like this. It doesn't mean my head is in the sand, it means I continue to grasp onto what little hope I have left. It doesn't mean I am a Rod Petrie fan. It doesn't mean I go along with everything the club does and says...but sometimes I get the impression that positivity is confused with being blinkered.

To be fair I do too, so i'll take that back. I'm not sure we do need a sugar daddy though. Look at Utd.. They have a very good scouting network work within their means. We on the other hand don't. We just hope to find players last min. Petrie has failed there is no other excuse for him now. It's all been said. He must go. I do admire you're faith in times like this mate, but sadly i lost mine a very long time ago with this mob.

Steve20
Some people have been saying that about Petrie for a while but the majority on here won't hear a bad word about Rod Petrie. Our club is getting relegated this season unless there is at least 4 or 5 new players in.

Not a knee jerk reaction as I've said all summer, we'd be in a relegation battle.

gbur123ukgb
05-08-2012, 02:38 PM
ok what do we do to get message over to petrie and farmer they are killing our club.
Petrie has blackmailed the fans we have responded by supporting the club but this wont continue fans wont continue to support this pish hibs need change and change now hope all of the petrie lovers are starting to see him for what he is a lair.
We deserve better.
Si much for every penny of sts going to team yeah right then petrie he has failed in managerial appointments.
He has failed to build hibs on the pitch where it counts yes we have a good setup ie east mains and stadium i wouold rather have kept old east and training on council pitches if i had knowen we would be so bad

HibsMax
05-08-2012, 02:40 PM
To be fair I do too, so i'll take that back. I'm not sure we do need a sugar daddy though. Look at Utd.. They have a very good scouting network work within their means. We on the other hand don't. We just hope to find players last min. Petrie has failed there is no other excuse for him now. It's all been said. He must go. I do admire you're faith in times like this mate, but sadly i lost mine a very long time ago with this mob.

Did we not replace our scouting staff as well? It just baffles me, and I am sure everyone else, that you can change all the parts and still have a dog turd. Is ER haunted? Practically the only common theme here is the board.

It's funny because I am not a religious person (blind faith doesn't work for me) but I have blind faith in Hibs. When I say Hibs, I mean The Club, not necessarily the current employees. I get pissed off with them but I can't turn my back on them forever.

ian cruise
05-08-2012, 02:41 PM
I don't think the problem was with the new players, it lies with CC and Yogis players that remain.

Really? How many of those are there in the team?

Hanlon I thought wasn't that bad, we all know he's not a left back, so why he was played there when he actually looked like he might fufil his early potential in the second half of last season I don't know.

Wotherspoon I actually thought wasn't that bad, set pieces aside, they were abysmal. He had some decent attacking runs with the ball but there was no one there for him to link up with. Dundee Utd had our ticket formation wise before the first ball was kicked.

Stevenson was posted missing today. I forgot he was playing. Last seasons player of the year but by his own admission at the time, that wasn't exactly a great accolade.

Who else? Sproule was CC's but let's be honest, he would probably have ended up here regardless of who the manager was. Chance to bring a fan favourite back and put bums on seats, it's an easy sell for an agent.

Thecat23
05-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Some people have been saying that about Petrie for a while but the majority on here won't hear a bad word about Rod Petrie. Our club is getting relegated this season unless there is at least 4 or 5 new players in.

Not a knee jerk reaction as I've said all summer, we'd be in a relegation battle.

When Hibs win, rare I know.. These guys come on here and spout rubbish about how the so called Doom and gloomers will hate this. I honestly have no idea why anyone would think we hate Hibs winning? We all want Hibs to do well, but where are these guys when we do lose and we ask honest questions about the board. I'm putting to anyone who still thinks Petrie is the man to help move Hibs forward, please explain to me WHY? No smart comments as i'm not being cheeky. Also don't come with the "Who else can do it?" Because there is a million different guys on this planet who can do the work of a chairmen. If my boss leaves my work i'll not panic and think, oh no who is going to run our business? It's a job! One that can be filled.

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2012, 02:42 PM
You can add Sproule to that list as well, he hasnt got a clue.

When did he ever? He relied on his pace to make up for a complete lack of footballing ability, although i cant complain about his contribution first time round.

He's a waste of a jersey, along with many others. That midfield is completely useless, with no creativity, bite or even pace.

We are a worse team than last season, without any real backup in reserve apart from untried kids. What an utter shambles we have at our club. :grr:

Thecat23
05-08-2012, 02:46 PM
Did we not replace our scouting staff as well? It just baffles me, and I am sure everyone else, that you can change all the parts and still have a dog turd. Is ER haunted? Practically the only common theme here is the board.

It's funny because I am not a religious person (blind faith doesn't work for me) but I have blind faith in Hibs. When I say Hibs, I mean The Club, not necessarily the current employees. I get pissed off with them but I can't turn my back on them forever.

That made me laugh so thanks for cheering me up :greengrin

I would never turn my back on the club forever but if the obvious is starring us in the face, and we do nothing about it then nothing changes. I will turn my back on the board and if that means not going back until they go so be it. I've given my money over to them i've done my part so i believe i have every right to choose whether i go now or not. I have a wee boy who i would much rather spend a sat with than getting worked up every week watching so called pro's who can't pass 3 yards.

big gogs
05-08-2012, 02:48 PM
can anybody on hibsnet tell me who is going to finance the revolution at easter road ,i asked this question after the cup final ,and im still waiting on answers.myself and mrs big gogs renewed our season tickets with a wee bit of hope,but that has come back to bite us.last seasons clearout did not go far enough. but like many i dont have the answers

ian cruise
05-08-2012, 02:52 PM
:faf: I wish we still had Hughes. :wink:

We shouldn't have booted Hughes, we should have got Collins in to work with him. On their own they are both seriously flawed managers, but they both can do what the other lacks. I think Livi will do very well with them this season.

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2012, 02:53 PM
can anybody on hibsnet tell me who is going to finance the revolution at easter road ,i asked this question after the cup final ,and im still waiting on answers.myself and mrs big gogs renewed our season tickets with a wee bit of hope,but that has come back to bite us.last seasons clearout did not go far enough. but like many i dont have the answers

The one guy who could wont, but he will continue on the road with his and Petries wonderful plan vision. :rolleyes: Its a pity sevco are in the 3rd division, as it puts a dampener on us winning the Ramsden cup any time soon?

Thecat23
05-08-2012, 02:54 PM

It's a good question and a fair one. But unless Hibs go up for sale we won't know. Farmer claiming Hibs are up for sale to anyone that want's us is ridiculous. He should actively come out and say right i'm selling. I would sell my house for the right money but unless i put it on the market who's going to know i'm selling?

fatbloke
05-08-2012, 02:55 PM
I'm very concerned about next Sunday, I've put a lot of effort in getting time off work and booking a train from Stranraer, I just hope they turn up.:rolleyes:

Who - the driver and guard?:greengrin

down-the-slope
05-08-2012, 02:55 PM

:agree:

We have signed a decent keeper and The CH most were asking for. Clancy / Griffiths& Cairney being viewed by a good majority as improvement...so its difficult to see why the team is not seeing that benefit.
New Midfielder coming in Monday sounds like another bit of the jigsaw - plenty promise in the youngsters. But time is not our friend so we need to find a formation and team that can dig out some performances and results pretty quickly or the pressure will just build

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2012, 02:56 PM
We shouldn't have booted Hughes, we should have got Collins in to work with him. On their own they are both seriously flawed managers, but they both can do what the other lacks. I think Livi will do very well with them this season.

I was not being serious, and as for Collins coming back no thanks.

HibsMax
05-08-2012, 03:02 PM
That made me laugh so thanks for cheering me up :greengrin

I would never turn my back on the club forever but if the obvious is starring us in the face, and we do nothing about it then nothing changes. I will turn my back on the board and if that means not going back until they go so be it. I've given my money over to them i've done my part so i believe i have every right to choose whether i go now or not. I have a wee boy who i would much rather spend a sat with than getting worked up every week watching so called pro's who can't pass 3 yards.

From my viewpoint they couldn't pass gas.

Ferryhibby
05-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Ah here we go ..a new season same old same old...but what can we do, team today ,i think didnt look too bad at times, we are in a rebuilding process at the wrong time, DUFC have been consistent in the past few seasons, remember how ***** they were a years ago, they started rebulding, players,confidence managers etc...thats where we are just now, we got rid of a lot last year and the guys coming in have to work together, Clancy did a decent job for Well and Killie so does he suddenly become a bad player moving to Hibs, Cairney looks a decent prospect but hasnt played at this level, Griffiths and McPake we all wanted back, weve signed a hard tackling midfielder from Coventry but already nobody has seen him play and hes getting pelters for being *****...yes its goin to be another long season but nobody said it was going to be an easy one...me ive bought a season ticket AGAIN for the umpteenth year and il keep buying one as long as my club are still around....people can call me a happy clapper or someone with his head in the sand i dont care...been through the good times and the bad its what football is all about.

GreenCastle
05-08-2012, 03:05 PM
I am really not surprised at all - I put up on another thread recently the cup final team and our current team and if anything our cup final team were better - except for GK.

We needed a massive over haul and although many said it's not going to happen - it should have happened.

The derby could be another hammering and if it is I would say the club - RP/Farmer/Fenlon need some serious pressure put on them.

ian cruise
05-08-2012, 03:07 PM
I was not being serious, and as for Collins coming back no thanks.

No I knew you weren't but I believe that would have been a better plan than the trial and error method we have approached since.

Hughes had a certain level of sucess before thing went downhill. Instead of just booting him why not bring someone in to work with him and help him improve the areas he was lacking at? Its what we ask managers to do with our players, is it really that unrealistic to do ask the board to do the same with our managers.

I'm not saying we sack Fenlon and bring those two in, though I do believe they would do a good job. But there are obviously areas where Pat is lacking, i.e. tactics. Why not bring someone in to work with him in those areas. If Pat declines the offer then on his head be it.

If it's true that the Pat Fenlon wanted to keep Brown but was told by the board that there wasn't enough of a budget to then this is a massive flaw. Lets get a proper set of backroom coaches in, who specialise in specific areas - tactics, fitness, etc. Just look at the success the british cycling team and other GB athletes have had down to putting there resources into the proper background support for the athletes.

Yuillsy
05-08-2012, 03:08 PM
ok what do we do to get message over to petrie and farmer they are killing our club.
Petrie has blackmailed the fans we have responded by supporting the club but this wont continue fans wont continue to support this pish hibs need change and change now hope all of the petrie lovers are starting to see him for what he is a lair.
We deserve better.
Si much for every penny of sts going to team yeah right then petrie he has failed in managerial appointments.
He has failed to build hibs on the pitch where it counts yes we have a good setup ie east mains and stadium i wouold rather have kept old east and training on council pitches if i had knowen we would be so bad
We give our cash to section 43 and they can make a "You're killing our club" banner!

NAE NOOKIE
05-08-2012, 03:15 PM
I dont even know where to start.

Eventually somebody has to take the blame for our ongoing fiasco and unfortunately there are only two constants in this whole mess ..... Mr Petrie and Mr Farmer.

The trouble is I dont know how we can now change things at ER. It looks like the only hope is a White Knight and they are as rare as Hobby Horse *****.

It is obvious that even now ... even after what happened last season ... we have no idea of how to attract the players we need to this club, we have a manager ( and I'm very sorry to be saying this ) who looks more and more clueless as the weeks roll by.

I am usually in the "lets not have a knee jerk reaction" camp ........... But after subjecting us to the worst result in the history of this club ... a result that should have only been possible in the worst nightmares of a Hibs supporter, not in bloody reality. We kick off the following season with a clueless, inept and gutless performance, when the least you could have expected was "Brave Hibs go down fighting"

I will keep going .... I will support the team .... I will NEVER give up.

But I bloody well deserve better than this and so do all the other folk who have stuck with it over the last 3 seasons.

Not good enough Mr Farmer ........... Just bloody well not good enough !!!

As for PF ...... Sort it against Hearts ... it doesnt matter how you do it, but if you dont want to be looking at 3 to 4 thousand crowds for the next 6 months and beyond ......... Sort It !!!!

edinburghhibee
05-08-2012, 03:25 PM
Just home from the game and we were terrible, did we even have a shot on goal? Apart from the cross which hit the bar? I don't think so. United on the other hand played well.

Stephens, spoony, sproule should never be handed a position in our first team again, all three were shocking.

Embarrassing performance to say the very least. Thompson is still a cheating hearts ******* too booked sparky, rightly in my opinion for a professional foul united do the same thing 15 minutes later not even spoken to. Clancy put in a fair tackle on Stevens no free kick but still gets spoke to about lunging in ****ing joke.

neilmartinrocks
05-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Got back from the game (if you could call it that) what a waste of a sunday.
The only thing worse than that pile of ***** on the pitch was the stewards.
I realy and sincerely hope that that bunch of meglomaniacs aren't the stewards at Dens.
NEVER GOING TO THAT GROUND AGAIN!!

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2012, 03:32 PM
I dont even know where to start.

Eventually somebody has to take the blame for our ongoing fiasco and unfortunately there are only two constants in this whole mess ..... Mr Petrie and Mr Farmer.

The trouble is I dont know how we can now change things at ER. It looks like the only hope is a White Knight and they are as rare as Hobby Horse *****.

It is obvious that even now ... even after what happened last season ... we have no idea of how to attract the players we need to this club, we have a manager ( and I'm very sorry to be saying this ) who looks more and more clueless as the weeks roll by.

I am usually in the "lets not have a knee jerk reaction" camp ........... But after subjecting us to the worst result in the history of this club ... a result that should have only been possible in the worst nightmares of a Hibs supporter, not in bloody reality. We kick off the following season with a clueless, inept and gutless performance, when the least you could have expected was "Brave Hibs go down fighting"

I will keep going .... I will support the team .... I will NEVER give up.

But I bloody well deserve better than this and so do all the other folk who have stuck with it over the last 3 seasons.

Not good enough Mr Farmer ........... Just bloody well not good enough !!!

As for PF ...... Sort it against Hearts ... it doesnt matter how you do it, but if you dont want to be looking at 3 to 4 thousand crowds for the next 6 months and beyond ......... Sort It !!!!

Thats the point though, this today is not a knee jerk reaction? We have been pish for far too long now, losing games we have never looked like winning for season after season. Its not knee jerking when you watch our team getting progressively worse week from week, month from month and season after season.

Fergus52
05-08-2012, 03:33 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Hibernian_F.C._managers

Fergus52
05-08-2012, 03:35 PM
Ah here we go ..a new season same old same old...but what can we do, team today ,i think didnt look too bad at times, we are in a rebuilding process at the wrong time, DUFC have been consistent in the past few seasons, remember how ***** they were a years ago, they started rebulding, players,confidence managers etc...thats where we are just now, we got rid of a lot last year and the guys coming in have to work together, Clancy did a decent job for Well and Killie so does he suddenly become a bad player moving to Hibs, Cairney looks a decent prospect but hasnt played at this level, Griffiths and McPake we all wanted back, weve signed a hard tackling midfielder from Coventry but already nobody has seen him play and hes getting pelters for being *****...yes its goin to be another long season but nobody said it was going to be an easy one...me ive bought a season ticket AGAIN for the umpteenth year and il keep buying one as long as my club are still around....people can call me a happy clapper or someone with his head in the sand i dont care...been through the good times and the bad its what football is all about.

:top marks

LeighLoyal
05-08-2012, 03:37 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Hibernian_F.C._managers

Bad but not as bad as Calderwood and Yogurt Hughes.

Emerald
05-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Just back! Don't know where to start really but Pat Fenlon has managed to make a bad team worse. Even with the players he had available to him, we should be able to do better. The whole thing is a shambles and its getting worse not better.

HFC 0-7
05-08-2012, 03:42 PM
CC Won 26.53%
PF Won 32.14%

Jim Duffy Won 20.83%

See http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/manager_list.php for full stats

Looking at the league only, Fenlon has lost 63% of spl games, Calderwood lost 55% of spl games and duffy lost 51% of spl games.

Northernhibee
05-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Thats the point though, this today is not a knee jerk reaction? We have been pish for far too long now, losing games we have never looked like winning for season after season. Its not knee jerking when you watch our team getting progressively worse week from week, month from month and season after season.

We're one game into the season. It's knee jerking. Financial uncertainty regarding the handling of the Sky TV deal meant we couldn't be gung ho with the spending for a bit, we were playing a very good team.

Our winning % is improving under PF and he's openly said he wants to bring in several more faces.

Granted if we're still as poor as we were today a few games into the season, fine.

As for now? Some people on here seem to think the season is over and we're relegated.

DoonTheSlope
05-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Just returned home. Gutted and embarrassed again.
It's not easy being a Hibby. United should have won by more than three to be honest

NAE NOOKIE
05-08-2012, 04:05 PM

Thought thats what I was saying ?

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2012, 04:10 PM
Thought thats what I was saying ?

:agree: you were, i failed to put a smiley on at the end. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2012, 04:12 PM
We're one game into the season. It's knee jerking. Financial uncertainty regarding the handling of the Sky TV deal meant we couldn't be gung ho with the spending for a bit, we were playing a very good team.

Our winning % is improving under PF and he's openly said he wants to bring in several more faces.

Granted if we're still as poor as we were today a few games into the season, fine.

As for now? Some people on here seem to think the season is over and we're relegated.

Yip another who cant see the wood from the tree's, patience was the mantra a few years ago, just how much longer do we have to wait?

Sir David Gray
05-08-2012, 04:12 PM

SPL record;

Fenlon: 5 wins from 23 matches (21%)
Calderwood: 11 wins from 44 matches (25%)

Sir David Gray
05-08-2012, 04:15 PM

If I was you, I'd be hoping the train doesn't turn up!

:wink:

Captain Trips
05-08-2012, 04:19 PM
I said at end of last season PF is not good enough what I have seen over summer was chance to rectify a lot, it simply has not happened. The fact it is a new season is totally irrelevant all it does is have us all on 0pts from start, the team is just as bad as last term IMO no strength in depth no real quality in the key areas. A new season means nothing with this squad all it is are 30+ games with a high % of dross ahead.

It is only a good thing if new season with new team, it is a joke of a sqyad with a joke of a board and as I like PF it is with sadness again I still believe he is not the answer at all and simply failed last term IMO and will fail this term also.

Gala Foxes
05-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Just back from Tannadice - we were lucky to get away with a 3 nil defeat, Utd were a class above Hibs in every position.

Our sole tactic is punt the ball forward and run after it - surely it has to get better than that

In defence it is still panic stations every time the opposition go forward

There are 3 weeks to get some quality players in a some proven poor players out

JimBHibees
05-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Got to agree with you there treadstone, serious reservations about Fenlon looking to be up to the job...these loi players won't get hibs out the mire

How many do we have? Doyle who else?

Chuck Rhoades
06-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Got back from the game (if you could call it that) what a waste of a sunday.
The only thing worse than that pile of ***** on the pitch was the stewards.
I realy and sincerely hope that that bunch of meglomaniacs aren't the stewards at Dens.
NEVER GOING TO THAT GROUND AGAIN!!

Heavy hands as usual. Joke. As was the full rub down everyone was getting before entering the ground.

khib70
06-08-2012, 10:33 AM
Looking at the league only, Fenlon has lost 63% of spl games, Calderwood lost 55% of spl games and duffy lost 51% of spl games.
Figures are fine, but the hard fact is that Yogi's team, and the team that went down due to Duff Jimmy would both tear this lot a new one.

Fenlon was a cheap option. He's a nice guy but he's clearly not up to the job. He's not solely responsible for our decline from European candidates to relegation candidates. But he's patently part of the problem, not the solution to it.

The "In Pat We Trust" brigade is beginning to sound like the band on the Titanic.

StevieC
06-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Sproule .. He relied on his pace to make up for a complete lack of footballing ability, although i cant complain about his contribution first time round.
He's a waste of a jersey, along with many others.

Totally agree.
In the first half he had a chance to knock a through ball forward and outpace the defender for a 1v1 with their keeper .. his first touch was a better challenge than any United defender could have made, and the chance was lost!

JimBHibees
06-08-2012, 10:48 AM
Totally agree.
In the first half he had a chance to knock a through ball forward and outpace the defender for a 1v1 with their keeper .. his first touch was a better challenge than any United defender could have made, and the chance was lost!

He then choose to not roll the ball back to a unmarked Cairney and then blast the ball across goal to nobody. He is average at best and wouldnt be a great loss I am afraid.

StevieC
06-08-2012, 10:53 AM
He's a nice guy but he's clearly not up to the job.

What exactly is "the job"?

StevieC
06-08-2012, 10:56 AM
He then choose to not roll the ball back to a unmarked Cairney and then blast the ball across goal to nobody. He is average at best and wouldnt be a great loss I am afraid.

Good memory Jim, I'd forgotten that once he'd taken it wide he managed to make an even bigger "shop-front" of the opportunity.

Famous5forever
06-08-2012, 11:15 AM

Now that i have calmbed down a bit and i reflect on the result the performance and the way things have gone since Paddy was appointed i have concluded that he was the wrong man for the job and the bottom line is the Board got it wrong Again.
The man is clearly out of his depth we needed and still need an experience Scottish Manager who knows the Scottish game and is big enough to stand up to Petrie.
Paddy is Petries lap dog and this mess needs sorted now or we really are doomed.

Northernhibee
06-08-2012, 11:23 AM
Now that i have calmbed down a bit and i reflect on the result the performance and the way things have gone since Paddy was appointed i have concluded that he was the wrong man for the job and the bottom line is the Board got it wrong Again.
The man is clearly out of his depth we needed and still need an experience Scottish Manager who knows the Scottish game and is big enough to stand up to Petrie.
Paddy is Petries lap dog and this mess needs sorted now or we really are doomed.

Yet again a .netter comes within inches of understanding the problem yet whizzes off in the opposite direction.

The problem isn't Fenlon. It's the board.

I am 100% confident that PF is the man for the job, that remains utterly unchanged. It's not delusion, he's got all the traits required to turn a failing business/club around.

Famous5forever
06-08-2012, 01:20 PM

Well thats another one been brought in from the LOI The standard of player being brought into the squad is worse than the dross that is there, the next manager is going to have a massive task trying to sort this out.

Northernhibee
06-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Well thats another one been brought in from the LOI The standard of player being brought into the squad is worse than the dross that is there, the next manager is going to have a massive task trying to sort this out.

Wrong.

Clancy is better than Michael Hart.
Cairney is better than Matt Thornhill
Doyle is better than Junior Agogo.
Ben Williams is better than Brown.
McPake is the best leader we have.
Deegan is the "Matty Jack role" midfielder we've been needing for ages.

The dross are leaving as quickly as we can afford to (and ditching in contract players is an expensive business) and we're getting in solid,reliable players.

PatHead
06-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Wrong.

Clancy is better than Michael Hart.
Cairney is better than Matt Thornhill
Doyle is better than Junior Agogo.
Ben Williams is better than Brown.
McPake is the best leader we have.
Deegan is the "Matty Jack role" midfielder we've been needing for ages.

The dross are leaving as quickly as we can afford to (and ditching in contract players is an expensive business) and we're getting in solid,reliable players.

Hope you are right. It takes time to build a team and a centre forward can't come quick enough.

yeezus.
06-08-2012, 02:55 PM
If I was you, I'd be hoping the train doesn't turn up!

:wink:

:faf:

Captain Trips
06-08-2012, 06:01 PM
Yet again a .netter comes within inches of understanding the problem yet whizzes off in the opposite direction.

The problem isn't Fenlon. It's the board.

I am 100% confident that PF is the man for the job, that remains utterly unchanged. It's not delusion, he's got all the traits required to turn a failing business/club around.

The problem is both, 100% the board are way way beyond sell by date and shoulkd be looked at first. Yiu clearly see something in PF I do not as it has not been displayed in his performance as a manger that he is capable of the rebuild that unfortunatly isnt even taking place.

I will base my thoughts on what PF has shown me and that is nothing new over last clown. I 100% do not believe for a second PF was told to just avoid relegation last term, he will have been asked to improve our position that in itself would have avoided relegation not saying 4/5th but maybe 8th/9th. He changed next to nothing. I have 100% confidence he is not the man.

LeighLoyal
06-08-2012, 06:13 PM
The team Jack played in had a lot of great players in it, it was also a 3-5-2. Hibs haven't played that formation since.