PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Message for Farmer and Petrie (merged)

Pages : [1] 2

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-08-2012, 01:36 PM
This current team is relegated unless serious investment and change is made.

Hope you are both happy with yourselves tonight.

That is all.

down-the-slope
05-08-2012, 01:42 PM

That is all.:panic:

LeithSqualk
05-08-2012, 01:45 PM
:taxi

scuttle
05-08-2012, 01:47 PM
Start by getting rid of Fenlon
A new Hibs with bottle is the slogan,,,,,, WELL IM AFFRAID NOT
Same spineless, clueless, lack of ceativity, nobody running with the ball at thier feet pish. What do they do at East Mains, nobody can take a decent corner of free kick
His new singings were rotten ,another keeper who doesnt come for crosses , another midfielder without much,its going to be another long season

BoltonHibee
05-08-2012, 01:47 PM

That is all.

Well said. We didn't really need the game to tell us this but hopefully they get the message now

gbur123ukgb
05-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Well said. We didn't really need the game to tell us this but hopefully they get the message now

The petrie lovers on here will love this.
Petrie gtf or invest

hibeemikey21
05-08-2012, 01:50 PM
Petrie gtf or invest

lol.

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Petrie gtf or invest

Ultimately it lies at Farmers door and there ain't a hope in hell that he will sell Hibs...to anyone, as long as he is getting his nice wee chats with his pals in the hospitality lounges at ER then he's cool

mentalhibee
05-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Start by getting rid of Fenlon
A new Hibs with bottle is the slogan,,,,,, WELL IM AFFRAID NOT
Same spineless, clueless, lack of ceativity, nobody running with the ball at thier feet pish. What do they do at East Mains, nobody can take a decent corner of free kick
His new singings were rotten ,another keeper who doesnt come for crosses , another midfielder without much,its going to be another long season

He can only spend what he's given by Petrie, you cant sign decent quality players on hibs budget! We are a club going nowhere. Dreadful performance today.

Hibs7
05-08-2012, 01:54 PM
Heading for lowest crowds ever at ER if this continues, invest in this season or lose the support for ever.
It is not rocket science to see the opportunity this season provides, but who will step up and take the chance.
Mr Petrie STAND UP AND BE COUNTED.

Yuillsy

That is all.
We've been asked this close season to back the club and buy season tickets. Many of us have (myself included) my question would be why???
1st game of the season and it still looks like the same bunch of spineless wage thieves as last season. The board need to back Fenlon but he also needs to stand up and be counted.
We've cleared out players and been told there's a new Hibernian with a new attitude and more importantly bottle.
Summer of change? Not in my eyes judging by today's performance nothing has changed at all.
It's the time the club gave us something back or it'll be another relegation battle and trying to get people to part with their cash to watch this on a regular basis will be an impossible task.

gbur123ukgb
Ultimately it lies at Farmers door and there ain't a hope in hell that he will sell Hibs...to anyone, as long as he is getting his nice wee chats with his pals in the hospitality lounges at ER then he's cool
Im Also affraid i dont think fenlon has got it which is a shame i like his passion he talkes a good game not sure about tactics or ability to motivate these players the squad is weaker than last year also

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-08-2012, 01:55 PM
It's just clueless. This club are in a bit of a spiral.

We don't really have any leadership at any level. Even fans favourite Mcpake was noticeably quiet today.

Imagine having the cheek to ask for people to support this when the support from Petrie is not mutual. Shame on them.

United have given us a lesson. Hearts will give us another lesson and from what I've heard county will sort us out.

JustSimplyHibs
05-08-2012, 01:56 PM

That is all.

Too late, I'm finished with Hibs. Couldnae give two about them now.

You know this, there is so many players playing Saturday and Sunday football that are so much better than any of the players currently at the club.

Hope all you guys have a good life and I wish you all well. :bye:

HibsMax
05-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Today was a pretty horrible performance to watch. As already mentioned, can't we take a freekick or a corner? WTF? And the way Dundee were able to waltz through our defence at times was scary.

Captain Trips
05-08-2012, 01:57 PM
We were in trouble last term and we did not make even half the changes required to do any better. I do not know why people realise today we are p1ssh.

That was entirely predictable. PF out depth board long out of ideas.

sesoim
05-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Scotland constantly produces good managers yet we go and get one from the Irish League which, with all due respect, hasn't exactly produced a stream of successful managerial exports (have they produced any?).

If Fenlon thinks playing Sproule, Wotherspoon and Doyle in a 4-2-3-1 is a good idea, then he is clearly hopeless. But ultimately I blame Petrie for appointing him, Calderwood, Hughes and so on. Petrie has put us in this mess.

Meanwhile Dundee Utd, with less fans, consistantly do well. Loads of other much smaller clubs look better than us at the moment. Things need to change from the top - its been clear for years.

ggth
05-08-2012, 02:05 PM

That is all.

we have a bigger wage budget than D-Utd, so its the p1sh players we bought over the last few years, I just bought 2 season tickets for the first time in 4 years
now wishing I spent it on a holiday

Lee
05-08-2012, 02:06 PM

That is all.

Only the first game of the season, so not quite panic stations yet but - as many others have said - if they didn't know investment was needed before today's game....they do now!

Hibs have asked the Hibs fans to invest in the team and commit to buying season tickets....most fans have responded and - all in all - season ticket sales are up (if I'm right in saying, we have the biggest increase of any team in the SPL)

The ball is at the other side of the court now as far as I'm concerned....over to you Petrie:agree:

jane_says
05-08-2012, 02:08 PM
He can only spend what he's given by Petrie, you cant sign decent quality players on hibs budget! We are a club going nowhere. Dreadful performance today.

I'm willing to wager he's been given more money than most in the spl. The problem was going for the cheap option with Fenlon. Totally tactically clueless.

AlbertK86
05-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Sproule Stevenson Spoony Hanlon Stephens .... Summer of change my erchie

I hated having Rankin in our team and I still don't rate him but he is better than any of the named imposters.... Shows wot level oor Rod and PF are prepared to pay for these days.

If refusing to pay more fair enough in current climate but let's just go with Cairney Deegan and Stanton and Doyle as our first choice midfield

Let's give kids like Stanton Caldwell and Handling a proper chance

delbert
05-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Petrie gtf or invest
Well, weve just had our own version of the 81-19 game given to us in our first competitive game of the season and it made for uncomfortable watching to put it mildly. Second best in skill, appetite, quality, guile, creativity and desire all over the park and if anyone is deluded enough to say its only the first game, they are just that, deluded. This showed us up for what and where we are right now, third class outfit, we should have been absolutely caned and the scoreline flatters us big style, it was about them missing shedloads rather than our supposedly more solid defence.

How long will we persist with the sheer folly of one up front, quite clearly a Fenlon tactic, Griffiths must be utterly bemused, and how we need a player like John Daly alongside him to play off. If we start another game with Griffiths up front on his own, then someone must start asking serious questions about what Fenlon is doing, Leigh Griffiths isn't a lone target man, never has been and has never been played that way, so why does Fenlon think he knows better. I cannot believe that our next signing will not be an out and out target man, we are screaming out for one, its not enough to say we are looking, why do we leave it till the last minute to get our most obvious and important signings in.

We need some moderate decent investment or Petrie and Farmer will be trying to balance the books of a First Division side next season, never mind asking for extra season ticket holders to show up. We are at the bottom of the league after the first game, and that team will not be far from there for the rest of the season, its not knee jerk, its not panic, its quite simply using my eyes and once again watching one of the worst teams I've seen in 43 years as a Hibs supporter. There is not much point in picking on individuals, we were deficient all over the park with the possible exception of the keeper and Cairney who at least looked interested, and Griffiths, who worked his socks off with zero service.

To those who said top six, big time reality check, We will be bottom 4 all season unless we get some actual quality in, that manky mob across the city must be rubbing their hands for next week, who can blame them.

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Only the first game of the season, so not quite panic stations

:rolleyes:

Heisenberg
05-08-2012, 02:15 PM
I'm willing to wager he's been given more money than most in the spl. The problem was going for the cheap option with Fenlon. Totally tactically clueless.

He looks out his depth in terms of tactics. We've only played one way since the day he arrived and I dont expect that to change at any point soon.

Lee
05-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Sproule Stevenson Spoony Hanlon Stephens .... Summer of change my erchie

I hated having Rankin in our team and I still don't rate him but he is better than any of the named imposters.... Shows wot level oor Rod and PF are prepared to pay for these days.

If refusing to pay more fair enough in current climate but let's just go with Cairney Deegan and Stanton and Doyle as our first choice midfield

Let's give kids like Stanton Caldwell and Handling a proper chance

Totally agree - that midfield in particular (excluding Cairney) have had numerous opportunities - what hope do we have if we have a team of players who are scared to put a foot on the ball!

BarneyK
05-08-2012, 02:17 PM
He looks out his depth in terms of tactics. We've only played one way since the day he arrived and I dont expect that to change at any point soon.

We played 4-2-3-1 last year?

Lee
05-08-2012, 02:17 PM
:rolleyes:

Eh?

While I agree with your OP, I'm not going to start wetting my bed tonight because we lost our first game...at last check, the transfer window was still open?

H18sry
05-08-2012, 02:27 PM

No but do you think it worked today? Sparky was left isolated all game, chasing punts from back to front all game, and when he did get a ball down nobody was there to help.

3pm
05-08-2012, 02:29 PM
My patience is wearing thin with Fenlon.

Heisenberg
05-08-2012, 02:31 PM

No, but we played the same style. Punt and run, hope that Sparky/O'Connor would create something out of nothing. We just sit in and let teams come at us then hope to hit them on the break through an aimless hoof.

MSK
05-08-2012, 02:31 PM
Eh?

While I agree with your OP, I'm not going to start wetting my bed tonight because we lost our first game...at last check, the transfer window was still open?Lee yer farting against thunder mate ..the bedwetters/doom & gloomers/suicidals were in force before a ball was kicked today..when we win though, rest assured you wont see half of them ..:wink:

hibsfootballer
05-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Lee yer farting against thunder mate ..the bedwetters/doom & gloomers/suicidals were in force before a ball was kicked today..when we win though, rest assured you wont see half of them ..:wink:

Couldnt agree more

Aldo
05-08-2012, 02:37 PM
I do wish our 2nd game of season and at ER was against anyone bar the Yams.

I am a RP fan but there comes a time when enough is enough. I unlike many don't have a season ticket for one reason or another but folk are going to stop putting their hard earned cash into the club if this what is going to happen week in week out.

Last season was one of the worst I have seen in my time (and I've seen a few like many on here) but I would rather have the young lads in than the likes of Stephens, Sproule and Stevenson.

My concern know is that confidence is going to be even lower next week and unless we get at least another 3 signings (2 x CF, 1 x CH and another MF) we're Gonnae struggle near the bottom.

Folk were suicidal under blobby but look who he brought thro, Broony, Deek etc.

Crowds will dwindle and we may as well only open the west stand when anyone bar the OF and yams come cos the stadium will be empty.

It really does puzzle me how teams like Utd manage to bring in half decd t players, who know their jobs, do them well and can do the basics.

Same old same old

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Lee yer farting against thunder mate ..the bedwetters/doom & gloomers/suicidals were in force before a ball was kicked today..when we win though, rest assured you wont see half of them ..:wink:

Pish, enjoy the wait. :rolleyes:

MSK
05-08-2012, 02:50 PM
Pish, enjoy the wait. :rolleyes:Enjoy what wait ..?..the team/board etc were slammed before a ****ing ball was kicked ..same old same old on here G & you know it ..we were gantin today, absolutley no doubt about it ..we will have new faces on board soon & we will win games ..that though wont be good enough for some ..

Beefster
05-08-2012, 02:50 PM

Much better to ignore the problem. Best solution ever.

Thecat23
05-08-2012, 02:51 PM

What? Haha this is superb. Our team is weakend after one of the worst seasons we have had. Then we get horsed 3-0 not a shot on goal But guys... "it's ok cos it's only the first game" You boys at the fringe this year?

TheMentalHibees
05-08-2012, 02:56 PM
Only the first game of the season, so not quite panic stations yet but - as many others have said - if they didn't know investment was needed before today's game....they do now!

Hibs have asked the Hibs fans to invest in the team and commit to buying season tickets....most fans have responded and - all in all - season ticket sales are up (if I'm right in saying, we have the biggest increase of any team in the SPL)

The ball is at the other side of the court now as far as I'm concerned....over to you Petrie:agree:

:ostrich:

MSK
05-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Much better to ignore the problem. Best solution ever.Who is ignoring the problem ..?..I certainly wont be wetting my pants after just one game !!!

What? Haha this is superb. Our team is weakend after one of the worst seasons we have had. Then we get horsed 3-0 not a shot on goal But guys... "it's ok cos it's only the first game" You boys at the fringe this year?We were pants ..Im not denying that ..do you honestly think we wont improve after that ..?..plenty more time left in the transfer window ..keep yer knickers dry dude ..its a marathon no a sprint ..:wink:

HibsMax
05-08-2012, 02:58 PM
What? Haha this is superb. Our team is weakend after one of the worst seasons we have had. Then we get horsed 3-0 not a shot on goal But guys... "it's ok cos it's only the first game" You boys at the fringe this year?

To be fair, I don't think that ANYONE thinks that what we saw today was OK. However, being positive :wink:, there is still time to bring in more players and for us to get things sorted out. There is also time for us NOT to get any more players and to start playing even worse. I didn't see anything today that gave me any reason to be optimistic or feel good about upcoming games but as long as there is time, I will continue to swim against the tide and hope that we start making moves in the right general direction.

Pissed about today's results.
Pissed about the way we played.
Pissed that the game was NOT on Hibs TV.

But it's only 11am here so I have time to do some chores and then literally get pissed. :D

HibsMax
05-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Who is ignoring the problem ..?..I certainly wont be wetting my pants after just one game !!!

We were pants ..Im not denying that ..do you honestly think we wont improve after that ..?..plenty more time left in the transfer window ..keep yer knickers dry dude ..its a marathon no a sprint ..:wink:

I think you and Beefster are in violent agreement. ;)

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Who is ignoring the problem ..?..I certainly wont be wetting my pants after just one game !!!

We were pants ..Im not denying that ..do you honestly think we wont improve after that ..?..plenty more time left in the transfer window ..keep yer knickers dry dude ..its a marathon no a sprint ..:wink:

So if our relegation battle comes down to one or two games, this three points might cost us. It is a marathon but you can'y just write off these games because the transfer window is still open.

It is game 1 of the new season but it might as well be a continuation of last season.

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2012, 03:04 PM
Enjoy what wait ..?..the team/board etc were slammed before a ****ing ball was kicked ..same old same old on here G & you know it ..we were gantin today, absolutley no doubt about it ..we will have new faces on board soon & we will win games ..that though wont be good enough for some ..

What praise should they have received before today? And i dont quite understand why winning games would not be good enough, you will have to talk me through that one?

One thing is completely clear at least to me, and should be to anyone who actually opens their eyes when watching this lot play. They will never ever win enough games to compete for a top 6 place, never mind even get in it, and that was evident even before today.

And as i said originally, enjoy the wait it might be a while?

Beefster
05-08-2012, 03:05 PM

You appear to be pretending that the last two seasons didn't happen. This has been going on for a while now so I'm not sure of the relevance of it being the first game of the season.

Thecat23
05-08-2012, 03:07 PM

Do i think we will improve? Honest answer NO. What signs say we will improve? All the signs that were there last year mate are still there. Ok lets say we're bottom after 5 games. Still keep calm? or 10.. still keep calm? waiting and hoping is not the answer sadly unless you want another season like last? We need action, we needs about 7 new players if i'm honest and by the look of things, if Pat doesn't start getting results and showing at least he can change a game we will be looking for yet another manager.

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2012, 03:07 PM
You appear to be pretending that the last two seasons didn't happen. This has been going on for a while now so I'm not sure of the relevance of it being the first game of the season.

You are wasting your time, time to get the pampers out. :agree:

HibsMax
05-08-2012, 03:09 PM
So if our relegation battle comes down to one or two games, this three points might cost us. It is a marathon but you can'y just write off these games because the transfer window is still open.

It is game 1 of the new season but it might as well be a continuation of last season.

You're right. Every point counts although at the end of the season it seems to be THOSE games that matter more when in reality, with some better results at the start of the season those later games might carry less importance. But the fact that this is the first game of the season for us cannot be ignored. There's still a long way to go and the only way is up (down comes later).

I see this two ways, and I am not just trying to be friends with everyone :
1. first game of the season, window still open, everything is still to play for. not time to reach for the razor blades yet.

- BUT -

2. these warning signs CANNOT be ignored. we cannot just hope that things will magically get better.

Today was a warning that should have been heard loud & clear, and felt all the way to the top.

MSK
It is game 1 of the new season but it might as well be a continuation of last season.No what Im saying is there is time to improve the squad ..after todays shambles we must use every minute of every day to improve & bring in players ..if we dont then sure as **** I will be calling for heads ..we aint good enough, you, me, & the board know ..today was shocking ..a total mismatch ..

MrSmith
I had high hopes for this season but, unfortunately, nothing has been learned and it is the same old same old! on this form we will be waiting a while for a win and we all saw it coming! Doom and gloomers/suicidal/bed wetters - whatever! The problems have not been resolved over the summer at all, we needed a pre-season with players who had been identified and brought into the team to give maximum opportunity to gel - it did not happen again!

Hibs90
05-08-2012, 03:12 PM
I know it's only the first game of the season but it's hardly inspiring stuff.

This midfield ffs - Doyle,Stevenson,Cairney and Wotherspoon. Relegation material. As I said in the match update thread John Rankin ( a player who was slated by many Hibs fans including myself) is a level above them. It shows how far Hibs have fallen over the past few years. I can see the logic in what RP and co are saying with regards to season tickets, but lets face it. Nobody is going to want to buy season tickets when that is the pish on show. Hibs NEED to spend money on some quality. I don't care where it comes from or how but it needs to be done if they want to save Hibs from becoming first division regulars. RP wants the fans to stand up and be counted, it's now time he and the rest of the club done the same.

JohnScott
05-08-2012, 03:14 PM

Yep your right, only first game but your assertion that there will be more signings? Not a chance. Best we can hope for are yet more loanees. At this time of the year clubs are looking to loan out players who they feel are not quite good enough for the first team squad. Yet more loan players "fighting" for the Hibees is a major worry. That and Pats seemingly lack of contacts in British football.

Oh and one more point. If you all jump up and down screaming at Petrie about signings he will simply point to the fact that we wanted rid of Rangers so we have to budget accordingly. How can we argue with that?

MSK
05-08-2012, 03:16 PM
What praise should they have received before today? And i dont quite understand why winning games would not be good enough, you will have to talk me through that one?

One thing is completely clear at least to me, and should be to anyone who actually opens their eyes when watching this lot play. They will never ever win enough games to compete for a top 6 place, never mind even get in it, and that was evident even before today.

And as i said originally, enjoy the wait it might be a while?Absolutley none & I never suggested that either ..in fact with regards pass marks I struggle to single out anyone other than the keeper for his finger tip save ..

However Im still confident we will rise above this ..Im confident we will sign more players to work with the current new signings ..gonna be a long hard season but I think we will be ok ..

Sir David Gray
05-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Not too sure why some people appear to be surprised by what happened today at Tannadice.

Taking one look at the squad that we have at the moment tells you that what we have available is absolutely nowhere near good enough to challenge teams like Dundee Utd.

We cannot defend, we have no midfield and our strikers do not have enough service to hurt teams. We cannot take set pieces and our crosses barely beat the first man either.

Anyone saying that there's no need to panic because it's just the first game is clearly forgetting that we've been seeing performances like the one we saw today for almost three years now.

Nothing will change until we see wholesale changes within the club. We don't need three or four new players, we need another eleven or twelve to allow us to completely overhaul the squad.

lyonhibs
05-08-2012, 03:18 PM

Honestly, when do you see that happening.

I mean, being serious? :confused:

Ferryhibby
05-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Eh?

While I agree with your OP, I'm not going to start wetting my bed tonight because we lost our first game...at last check, the transfer window was still open?

:top marks Im with you mate but fear we're in a minority on this board

mcfly
05-08-2012, 03:19 PM
I really feel the board get an easy time of it at Easter road.

Continual penny pinching over the years has seen us become a joke of a club, ridiculed in the press over our Scottish cup hoodoo and easily beaten by much smaller clubs.

The board has let us down year on year but we cannot keep changing managers.

Please show some ambition, spend some money and win back the fans. Hampden was a disgrace and next Sunday could see something similar if we don't get quality players in now.

HFC 0-7
05-08-2012, 03:20 PM
Today was a pretty horrible performance to watch. As already mentioned, can't we take a freekick or a corner? WTF? And the way Dundee were able to waltz through our defence at times was scary.

Fr the last few seasons it's been the same with free kicks and corners, but most of all throw ins. Last season teams could put us under pressure by kicking it out for a throwin, in our own half. We don't seem to be able to win anything when we take it ourselves.

MSK

I mean, being serious? :confused:Next week for starters ..

HibsMax

I mean, being serious? :confused:

Next week against Hearts. Or the game after. Or the next game.

Seriously, I go into every game believing I can win. Otherwise, what's the point?

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2012, 03:21 PM
Absolutley none & I never suggested that either ..in fact with regards pass marks I struggle to single out anyone other than the keeper for his finger tip save ..

However Im still confident we will rise above this ..Im confident we will sign more players to work with the current new signings ..gonna be a long hard season but I think we will be ok ..

Ok, ****** Ok, terrific i cant wait until we reach the heady heights of Ok.

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Do you know if anyone has put in an offer for the club?

No, and even if there was one we wouldn't get to hear about it, I have been told from a former employee of Farmer that his little hospitality venture at ER is his baby and he loves it, sipping coffee and mumbling a few words with folk.

The only upside is that he is 72 now and hopefully he will be thinking of maybe stepping down, that way we can thank him and get on with footballing minded owners, but I'm not holding my breath.

HibsMax
05-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Ok, ****** Ok, terrific i cant wait until we reach the heady heights of Ok.

OK is better than last year. I would have thought that any signs of improvement would have been a good thing. Today was absolutely rotten. I wish it was OK.

Fergus52
05-08-2012, 03:27 PM
My patience is wearing thin with Fenlon.

Lets sack him before the AGM, that's bound to work.

Oh wait...

MSK
05-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Ok, ****** Ok, terrific i cant wait until we reach the heady heights of Ok.Away & **** off ..what do you expect like ?

HFC 0-7
05-08-2012, 03:28 PM
You're right. Every point counts although at the end of the season it seems to be THOSE games that matter more when in reality, with some better results at the start of the season those later games might carry less importance. But the fact that this is the first game of the season for us cannot be ignored. There's still a long way to go and the only way is up (down comes later).

I see this two ways, and I am not just trying to be friends with everyone :
1. first game of the season, window still open, everything is still to play for. not time to reach for the razor blades yet.

- BUT -

2. these warning signs CANNOT be ignored. we cannot just hope that things will magically get better.

Today was a warning that should have been heard loud & clear, and felt all the way to the top.

You are right it's the first game of the season, but what is worrying is that we seem to be starting yet another season where we are not prepared. It's all well and good waiting until towards the end of the transfer window so that players lower their wage demands etc, but there is no point if we have to play a few games where we can't or struggle to compete. Teams are usually relegated by a matter of points, so not being prepared for the start of the season could be crucial. Added to that, getting off to a good start can make a big difference. Being unprepared for the start of the season is shocking. We had it with calderwood, now we have it with Fenlon, both managers saying they are not ready or not happy with the squad.

Lee
05-08-2012, 03:30 PM

Don't think anyone is really saying that tbh.....nobody said it's okay (think everyone is agreed we were pish today) but it ain't going to happen overnight!! Did we get relegated today?? :confused:

All I'm saying is Hibs have asked the fans to buy season tickets and - in my view - we've bought a lot more than expected, so we've done our bit. Rome, however, wasn't built in a day and we all knew before today that there's areas in the team we need to improve on.

There isn't much room for Rod or STF to make excuses now (we should be in a better position to invest in the playing pool now that we were a month or so ago) so let's seen how the next 2-3 weeks pan out.

I'm the same as you, I would rather than happens tomorrow rather than next week or the week after, but - long term - the main thing is we get it right by the time the window closes, so we're ready for the season ahead and not just today's game!

Fergus52
05-08-2012, 03:31 PM
This board is embarrassing, everyone is so fickle.

Lee
05-08-2012, 03:32 PM

:top marks

Matty_Jack04
05-08-2012, 03:33 PM
Pat Fenlon has told us all he is aiming to change the attitude at the club he only wants players with specific attitudes and willingness to work, did you all expect that to change in one transfer window?
Feblon has signed Williams clancy McPake cairney griffiths Doyle from that team today where they our worse performers? Did any of them look like they where putting in less effort than anyone else? Yes McPake was poor today but we can't be questioning his passion for hibs and we know that isnt the standard performance from him, Clancy was poor but I'm willing to wager McKay Stevens makes lots of SPL defenders look poor this year.

We can't keep sacking managers we have to put our faith in someone at least this manager has seen there's attitude problems that need sorting out we have a midfielder joining us tomorrow and the rest of the month to add more faces.

Lets at least give our support and backing to the club till after the window shuts before sending our season tickets back and organising protests

:pfgwa

HibsMax
05-08-2012, 03:34 PM
You are right it's the first game of the season, but what is worrying is that we seem to be starting yet another season where we are not prepared. It's all well and good waiting until towards the end of the transfer window so that players lower their wage demands etc, but there is no point if we have to play a few games where we can't or struggle to compete. Teams are usually relegated by a matter of points, so not being prepared for the start of the season could be crucial. Added to that, getting off to a good start can make a big difference. Being unprepared for the start of the season is shocking. We had it with calderwood, now we have it with Fenlon, both managers saying they are not ready or not happy with the squad.

I agree with what you're saying and I don't want Hibs to be waiting until the end of the window. But I don't think that's what we're doing. I think it's genuinely difficult for Hibs to attract the kind of players we need to the club. Maybe we have been sitting on our hands but it seems more likely to me that we have been trying to get players in but they are simply not intertested. And who can blame them when we're not even interested?

glenn6270
05-08-2012, 03:38 PM
we need to start a campaign to get this man out of our club he is sitting watching the same crap as us and doing nowt

Lee
05-08-2012, 03:39 PM
I agree with what you're saying and I don't want Hibs to be waiting until the end of the window. But I don't think that's what we're doing. I think it's genuinely difficult for Hibs to attract the kind of players we need to the club. Maybe we have been sitting on our hands but it seems more likely to me that we have been trying to get players in but they are simply not intertested. And who can blame them when we're not even interested?

Don't think we'll ever fully know whether it's for the lack of trying or not, but if we need to pull out the stops a bit to bring in the right player, now's the window to do it!

MSK
05-08-2012, 03:47 PM
we need to start a campaign to get this man out of our club he is sitting watching the same crap as us and doing nowtRa ra ra ..:blah:.another Petrie out mouthpiece behind a keyboard ..like many before you ..do the walking instead of the talking ..:yawn:

How about a letter to the board ..no seen one of those before ..be original ...:wink:

HFC 0-7
05-08-2012, 03:48 PM

Think we are having this debate on 2 threads now. We may well be finding it difficult to get players in, but this is the season we need to be doing everything, even if it means spending more. We are now in the season following a very poor one and the terrible defeat. It's also been a string of poor seasons. We may not have any incentive for next season tickets should this one be bad. It doesn't matter if it's difficult to get players in, we must find a way. What else needs to happen to hibs for the people in charge to realise this? I don't care if it's difficult to get the players in, it just means people need to work harder. Only if it impossible to get players in will I stop asking questions of the preparation for this season.

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-08-2012, 03:50 PM
we need to start a campaign to get this man out of our club he is sitting watching the same crap as us and doing nowt

Agree 100% mate but as long as Farmer is there he won't be going anywhere, been done a 1000 times on here.

HibsMax
05-08-2012, 03:52 PM

This is a genuine question. If Petrie did leave (doesn't matter how) and Hibs were just as gash.....what then? This is not a pro-RP post as I can see as clearly as anyone else that he is practically the only piece of the puzzle that hasn't been changed and, by a process of elimination, would appear to be the problem. I'm sure it's not that simple, I am talking about appearances.

So if RP did go and the team still didn't perform, where would Hibs be then?

HibsMax
05-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Don't think we'll ever fully know whether it's for the lack of trying or not, but if we need to pull out the stops a bit to bring in the right player, now's the window to do it!

Yip. The way things have been going over the last few years, this season could be the final straw for many more fans.

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2012, 03:55 PM
Away & **** off ..what do you expect like ?

Superb, quality comeback. It appears ok is all i should expect now, i used to expect a bit better than some numpty telling me it will be ok.

Matty_Jack04
05-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Agree 100% mate but as long as Farmer is there he won't be going anywhere, been done a 1000 times on here.

The day we start hounding STF out of ER is the day my support ends for the club

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2012, 03:58 PM

I know, its not as if we get beaten that often, and todays defeat was only the first this season?:confused:

HibsMax
05-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Superb, quality comeback. It appears ok is all i should expect now, i used to expect a bit better than some numpty telling me it will be ok.

C'mon, Gary. I think everyone wants better than OK but right now we're way below that. OK would be an improvement over what we have and surely we can't be too picky about how much improvement we make? Baby steps and consistent progress will do for me for the time being. Here's my patent-pending Football Team Rate-O-Meter

The Best
Amazing
Good
OK
Poor
Awful
The Worst

Right now I would say we're hovering around Awful / The Worst. Clearly OK is a step in the right direction. ;)

Hibiza
05-08-2012, 04:02 PM
we got a great stadium and a training ground. will attract great players. My testicles. lets have another season of nailbiting

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2012, 04:03 PM
C'mon, Gary. I think everyone wants better than OK but right now we're way below that. OK would be an improvement over what we have and surely we can't be too picky about how much improvement we make? Baby steps and consistent progress will do for me for the time being. Here's my patent-pending Football Team Rate-O-Meter

The Best
Amazing
Good
OK
Poor
Awful
The Worst

Right now I would say we're hovering around Awful / The Worst. Clearly OK is a step in the right direction. ;)

Max, ok will get this bunch of dross relegated, if thats the baby steps we are going to take, its ramsden cup football for us next season. Farmer has been talked of as a safety net we use when in trouble, i'd say one game into the new season, we are in trouble, big trouble.

MSK
05-08-2012, 04:05 PM

Ok, ****** Ok, terrific i cant wait until we reach the heady heights of Ok.Yes we will do ok ..we wont win the league ..we will struggle to win a cup ..we will avoid relegation but maybe get into top 6 ..aye I think we will do ok ..what do you think ..?

HibsMax
05-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Max, ok will get this bunch of dross relegated, if thats the baby steps we are going to take, its ramsden cup football for us next season. Farmer has been talked of as a safety net we use when in trouble, i'd say one game into the new season, we are in trouble, big trouble.

I mean OK relative to the rest of the teams around us. As my Football Team Rate-O-Meter clearly shows :wink:, to be considered OK there has to be dross below you. That's where we are. If we can progress to OK (which roughly translates to Mid Table) then I would say that is a good start for the rebuilding.

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Yes we will do ok ..we wont win the league ..we will struggle to win a cup ..we will avoid relegation but maybe get into top 6 ..aye I think we will do ok ..what do you think ..?

relegation fight, but thats ok.

Hibiza
05-08-2012, 04:07 PM
agree petrie gtf, how long we have to suffer.

JimBHibees
05-08-2012, 04:08 PM
The only positive out of that dross was that that sort of performance was produced while still in the transfer window so it should be clear that significant change is necessary.

What was the defence about absolute shambles, Stephens is simply woeful and why he is accommodated and then McPake and Hanlon moved about is incredible. Kujabi would have been better with Hanlon at centre half. Get Maybury signed for left back, a new bigger striker, Deegan in the middle and a real left midfielder brought in.

The Harp Awakes
05-08-2012, 04:11 PM
I really feel the board get an easy time of it at Easter road.
Continual penny pinching over the years has seen us become a joke of a club, ridiculed in the press over our Scottish cup hoodoo and easily beaten by much smaller clubs.

The board has let us down year on year but we cannot keep changing managers.

Please show some ambition, spend some money and win back the fans. Hampden was a disgrace and next Sunday could see something similar if we don't get quality players in now.

Someone with a bit of sense at last. Putting the blame at the Manager's door time after time, only disguises the main problem - lack of leadership at Board level together with lack of investment in the team, season after season. Those who want the Manager out (again) won't have to wait too long - I reckon he'll walk pretty soon as it seems to me that the Manager of Hibernian FC is an impossible job to be successful in. We can't even offer deals to Alan Maybury and Mark Kerr ffs, who at best are average SPL players.

MSK
05-08-2012, 04:12 PM
relegation fight, but thats ok.Ok ..

HibsMax
relegation fight, but thats ok.

surviving a relegation fight is better than losing it....so yeah, in lieu of all the facts, that would be OK. It's certainly nowhere near where I would like to be but I am not expecting miracles either.

ryan cass
predictions that Fenlon will be sacked a week or 2 before the AGM as was the last 3 managers. once again us Hibees wont get the opportunity to question the manager. Hopefully Petrie wont get away with it this time, surely us fans can now see the pattern he sacks his managers before they spill the beans on how much behind the scenes is a shambles, Petrie GO AWAY!

Saorsa
05-08-2012, 04:16 PM
agree petrie gtf, how long we have to suffer.:agree:

He's the common denominator through all of this and this club will continue tae decline as long as he is still at the club. The only ideas he's ever had have been tae sell the family silver and replace it with pewter and tae continually beg fans for money. His plan is broken now because we have nothing left tae sell and mair and mair folk are getting fed up with watching dross and are walking away. How many mair managers will get the blame before he accepts the responsibility? How many mair folk will walk away before he accepts the responsibility? Will it take average crowds of four or five thousand before he accepts the responsibility? He's the one running this club and as far as I'm concerned is wholly responsible for the continuing decline of this club.

basehibby
05-08-2012, 04:19 PM

That is all.

I think you are not far wrong - the team we saw today will be in for a bottom 6 struggle without quality reinforcements.

However - I think some of the posters on this thread are jumping the gun because there is still time for that investment to be made. I would have loved to have seen Hibs start this season with a team that looked something like the finnished product but given the scale of the rebuilding job at hand, in all fairness I think we need to cut Fenlon and Hibs some slack.

It's painfully obvious that we lack options up front and struggle to hold onto the ball in midfield - never mind creating chances - but only two or thyree quality signings in these areas could make a massive difference to the team, so I am prepared to hang fire until I see what unfolds in the transfer window - as things stand I'm certainly NOT looking forward to the derby though :no way:

Houchy
05-08-2012, 04:26 PM

How are we being fickle!!!??? We have been getting progressively worse since Mowbray left (yes we won the cup a few months later but the team picked itself at that point), the last 4 years have been dreadful, the cup final in May ripped the heart out of me and todays lack of performance took the piss and yet the board we have the same S***e being spouted by the board... buy season tickets and we'll give you a team to be proud of. Well Petrie et al, YOU CAN F*** RIGHT OFF, i'll not be back. Yeah, yeah :bye:, "you won't be missed" etc but after 30 odd years of following Hibs, I just can't be arsed anymore.

I'll be back at my old club East Fife this year when i'm not playing golf.

NAE NOOKIE
05-08-2012, 04:38 PM
My message to Mr Farmer and Mr Petrie ( especially Mr Farmer ) is a simple one.

A professional football club has only one aim .... to win things and attract supporters to watch it by doing so.

Hibs are failing in both these aims !!!

What are you prepared to do about it ?

steakbake
05-08-2012, 04:49 PM
My message to Mr Farmer and Mr Petrie ( especially Mr Farmer ) is a simple one.

A professional football club has only one aim .... to win things and attract supporters to watch it by doing so.

Hibs are failing in both these aims !!!

What are you prepared to do about it ?

Apparently unless we buy season tickets, nothing will improve.

The headlong rush to throw money at the club in desperate acts of blind faith has let the club off the hook from showing how it might plan to keep the fans through showing it deserved support.

marinello59
05-08-2012, 04:54 PM

The headlong rush to throw money at the club in desperate acts of blind faith has let the club off the hook from showing how it might plan to keep the fans through showing it deserved support.

If people didn't buy season tickets things would be a lot worse. (Yes, it is possible. :greengrin)
However......I hate calling for the club to spend money we don't have but they had better dredge some up from somewhere before the transfer window shuts. All my pre-season optimism has gone already, this squad will struggle big time as it is.

steakbake
05-08-2012, 05:07 PM
If people didn't buy season tickets things would be a lot worse. (Yes, it is possible. :greengrin)
However......I hate calling for the club to spend money we don't have but they had better dredge some up from somewhere before the transfer window shuts. All my pre-season optimism has gone already, this squad will struggle big time as it is.

I agree to a point but I wouldn't advocate the club spending money it doesn't have. However, Petrie is a money man. He must know how much it would cost to take a calculated risk before backfilling with season ticket cash.

Hibeesforever
05-08-2012, 05:09 PM
It's painfully obvious that we lack options up front and struggle to hold onto the ball in midfield - never mind creating chances - but only two or thyree quality signings in these areas could make a massive difference to the team, so I am prepared to hang fire until I see what unfolds in the transfer window - as things stand I'm certainly NOT looking forward to the derby though :no way:[/QUOTE]

No point holding your fire, if we find ourselves at the end of August, bottom of the league with a window that has closed.

The good thing about today's shambles is that it made it very clear to the 3,500 travelling support what is required.

Personally, I hope that I do not ever see Sproule, Stevenson and Stephens on the same pitch together again. Sproule's legs have gone and he has little skill or footballing awareness to compensate. I will remember him on youtube as the player who is a Hibs legend against the team that were formally known as Rangers.
The final comedy today was complete when Griffiths pushed Wotherspoon out of the way to take a free kick from the half-way line....Sparky is a centre forward! Also, why, when he is left footed, would he be playing right midfield. Doyle is a similar battler but again why would a right footed centre-forward be playing left midfield ? The fact that neither he or Sparky are ever going to reach the bye-line and get a cross in means you have to ask what exactly were the tactics ? Pat Fenlon makes those decisions, so it is right that serious questions are asked of his game-plan and football knowledge! Tough to take on Hearts next but if we are to believe all the hype that the Tache has spun then we are all in this together, so better rally round to avoid a result that could be equally as catastrophic as the May debacle.

On the question of Mr Petrie, it frightens me that I feel that he genuinely thinks he is doing a good job for Hibs as the figurehead custodian. Now is the time to turn up the heat, both on him and on the ultimate silent owner Mr Farmer. Sir Tom has conveniently hidden for too long and 3,500 people today deserve greater visability. Hibs should be the number one team in the capital city but under the guidance of these two gentlemen, we have fallen way behind Heart of Midlothian and there does not seem any strategic plan to change the balance. I grant you that we have a tremendous stadium but it must be remembered that this was not created out of any Kwik Fit benevolance but instead from selling our golden generation at what turned out to be knock down prices.

We need people in charge that talk about and are capable of creating the next buzz; I need to be convinced that the trio of Fenlon, Petrie and Farmer are capable of doing this.

:flag:

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-08-2012, 05:12 PM

Probably been mentioned but Hibs are usually really astute with comments to the public.

Is this just not blackmail though?

"Give us money, then we will buy players to do what we are meant to do!"

Scary.

MSK
05-08-2012, 05:18 PM
Probably been mentioned but Hibs are usually really astute with comments to the public.

Scary.Blackmail ...omfg ...:faf:

steakbake
05-08-2012, 05:21 PM

Scary.

I wouldn't say blackmail but I would say a lot of people are happy to part with their money and not expect much in return.

gbur123ukgb
05-08-2012, 05:24 PM
Im glad people are finally starting to realise Petrie and Farmer are killing our club with no desire to invest in better players.
The club is rotten to the core.
Think nothing will cahnge Fenlon will be sacked just before the agm and captain tightness will spout more crap to us about need for stability and the manager making mistakes etc.
Petrie and Farmer need to be brought to task for this horrible mess Petrie should ask Farmer to invest some of his fortune for the benefit of the club this wont happen.
These pair need to go simple

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-08-2012, 05:24 PM
Blackmail ...omfg ...:faf:

Unsure whats so surprising.

MSK
05-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Unsure whats so surprising.Its hardly blackmail ..you have a choice whether to buy a season ticket or not ..:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2012, 05:27 PM
Unsure whats so surprising.

Just keep telling yourself everything is gonna be ok, it apparently works for some folk?

HKhibby
05-08-2012, 05:27 PM
It's just clueless. This club are in a bit of a spiral.

We don't really have any leadership at any level. Even fans favourite Mcpake was noticeably quiet today.

Imagine having the cheek to ask for people to support this when the support from Petrie is not mutual. Shame on them.

United have given us a lesson. Hearts will give us another lesson and from what I've heard county will sort us out.

Alot of people could have told you that about Fenlon!...and my personal view is they will get worse under him!, i got slated on here back when he was appointed, for being negative and what do i know about managers etc.. coming from the league of Ireland?....well i can say its worse than the SPL...and thats going to be a one horse race!, but then again everyone wanted Rangers kicked out....but we could do with the gate receipts...and the gate receipts at Ibrox!...time will tell

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Alot of people could have told you that about Fenlon!...and my personal view is they will get worse under him!, i got slated on here back when he was appointed, for being negative and what do i know about managers etc.. coming from the league of Ireland?....well i can say its worse than the SPL...and thats going to be a one horse race!, but then again everyone wanted Rangers kicked out....but we could do with the gate receipts...and the gate receipts at Ibrox!...time will tell

That makes no sense at all? :confused:

HKhibby
05-08-2012, 05:32 PM
We were in trouble last term and we did not make even half the changes required to do any better. I do not know why people realise today we are p1ssh.

That was entirely predictable. PF out depth board long out of ideas.

But everbody supported Pat Fenlon?...didnt they?...he was the right guy etc..,with any luck he will be gone by xmas!...but i could be wrong, not usually wrong when it comes to Hibs managers!

gbur123ukgb
05-08-2012, 05:38 PM
The board have failed the club after horsing in cup final everything should have been done to change the clubs fortunes.
Bad appointment after bad managerial appointment no leadership.
The chairman should be first out the door followed by the rest of the board.
They have failed the club with regards to football matters for years.
If action is not taken we will be relegated.
Farmer is a very successful buisness man would he allow one of his other companies to under perform for years id suggest he would have sacked them by now.

HKhibby
05-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Scotland constantly produces good managers yet we go and get one from the Irish League which, with all due respect, hasn't exactly produced a stream of successful managerial exports (have they produced any?).

If Fenlon thinks playing Sproule, Wotherspoon and Doyle in a 4-2-3-1 is a good idea, then he is clearly hopeless. But ultimately I blame Petrie for appointing him, Calderwood, Hughes and so on. Petrie has put us in this mess.

Meanwhile Dundee Utd, with less fans, consistantly do well. Loads of other much smaller clubs look better than us at the moment. Things need to change from the top - its been clear for years.

I'll still go back to it, Fenlon was supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread etc.., that was the comments on here or as good as, when he was appointed!...anyone that believes taking someone from the LOI is a good thing?...well almost reminicent of when Ireland thought joining the Euro was the best thing, then thought everything was free!

steakbake
05-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Its hardly blackmail ..you have a choice whether to buy a season ticket or not ..:greengrin

Yes but you also have a variety of ways of supporters being cajoled into renewing and being sold the line that in doing so things will magically improve, implying that if you don't renew, you are less of a fan.

For me, Hibs were on notice from full time on 19th May. I'm not saying others have necessarily lived it down, but it seems we're willing to move on from that a wee bit quickly.

steakbake
05-08-2012, 05:40 PM
I'll still go back to it, Fenlon was supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread etc.., that was the comments on here or as good as, when he was appointed!...anyone that believes taking someone from the LOI is a good thing?...well almost reminicent of when Ireland thought joining the Euro was the best thing, then thought everything was free!

I was wondering how long it would be before you worked in some twattish remark about the Euro or a dig at Ireland. Not long, it seems. You are beyond parody.

HFC 0-7
05-08-2012, 05:42 PM
I agree to a point but I wouldn't advocate the club spending money it doesn't have. However, Petrie is a money man. He must know how much it would cost to take a calculated risk before backfilling with season ticket cash.

the thing is we have been making losses for a few seasons now because of the downward spiral. petrie should have known the scale of rebuilding and made the cash that we would lose over the next few seasons available 2 or 3 seasons ago. For a few seasons now we have kept on going on about the scale of rebuild, that requires a substantial investment and should have been found before now. people say the money isnt there, well it is there every season we make a loss when farmer covers it. Whjy not be a bit proactive and spend now and give us more of a chance of a good season than wait until the end of the season to cover losses.

Emerald
05-08-2012, 05:43 PM
The board have failed the club after horsing in cup final everything should have been done to change the clubs fortunes.
Bad appointment after bad managerial appointment no leadership.
The chairman should be first out the door followed by the rest of the board.
They have failed the club with regards to football matters for years.
If action is not taken we will be relegated.
Farmer is a very successful buisness man would he allow one of his other companies to under perform for years id suggest he would have sacked them by now.

I don't know if sacking the board would help. The board after all are just employees of STF and anyone replacing them would have to act on his instructions. A new board can't come in and decide to splash the cash because STF wouldn't allow it. The one thing a new board could do is appoint the right manager. A task this board find near impossible.

Thecat23
05-08-2012, 05:44 PM
Blackmail ...omfg ...:faf:

When you have tea with Rod tonight mate can you tell him from me he's a clown! much appreciated. Because surely you know him well supporting him at every turn right?

Oh and for the record, it's very much like blackmail. You say we have a choice? loads can't afford season tickets but happy to pay at the gate. He needs a serious reality check he really does. Fans who have walked over the past say 4 years have they been wrong to do so after watching the product on offer? If you ask me they were the wise ones who foreseen the shambles that is our board and owner.

But hey, because folk get a wee invite to these board meet fans things, he's a great guy!! Keep up the good work Rodders, our tongues are firmly right up you're Jam Roll. :thumbsup:

gbur123ukgb
05-08-2012, 05:44 PM
I don't know if sacking the board would help. The board after all are just employees of STF and anyone replacing them would have to act on his instructions. A knew board can't come in and decide to splash the cash because STF wouldn't allow it. The one thing a new board could do is appoint the right manager. A task this board find near impossible.
The fact they cant find a proper manager is the main reason they should go

CalgaryHibs
05-08-2012, 05:45 PM
I don't know if sacking the board would help. The board after all are just employees of STF and anyone replacing them would have to act on his instructions. A knew board can't come in and decide to splash the cash because STF wouldn't allow it. The one thing a new board could do is appoint the right manager. A task this board find near impossible.

I second this thought.

MSK
05-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Yes but you also have a variety of ways of supporters being cajoled into renewing and being sold the line that in doing so things will magically improve, implying that if you don't renew, you are less of a fan.

For me, Hibs were on notice from full time on 19th May. I'm not saying others have necessarily lived it down, but it seems we're willing to move on from that a wee bit quickly.Sorry but where do you get that from ..?

Scottish football is rooked..on its erse ..whatever you may call it financially ..hibs are tightening the belt, funds are limited..Petrie is asking for fans to dig deep to create funds for Fenlon ..its hardly blackmail ..if folk can afford it they will buy ..if they cant they wont ..

Thecat23
05-08-2012, 05:46 PM
I second this thought.

I third it.

gbur123ukgb
05-08-2012, 05:50 PM
I third it.
maybe singing section could start a song scak the board against ****bos.
We the fans need to do something this has gone on for long enough

essexhibee
05-08-2012, 05:50 PM
Think it's time for Petrie and co to go. Five years of disappointment and mediocrity. In my opium Fenlon was Rod's last chance and his blown it IMO.

We are in freefall and something needs to be done.

MSK
05-08-2012, 05:51 PM
When you have tea with Rod tonight mate can you tell him from me he's a clown! much appreciated. Because surely you know him well supporting him at every turn right?

Oh and for the record, it's very much like blackmail. You say we have a choice? loads can't afford season tickets but happy to pay at the gate. He needs a serious reality check he really does. Fans who have walked over the past say 4 years have they been wrong to do so after watching the product on offer? If you ask me they were the wise ones who foreseen the shambles that is our board and owner.

But hey, because folk get a wee invite to these board meet fans things, he's a great guy!! Keep up the good work Rodders, our tongues are firmly right up you're Jam Roll. :thumbsup:Why dont you tell him yourself instead of being gobby behind yer keyboard ..nah thought not ..:aok:

Since you are such an expert on me being pro Petrie ..go check through my thousands of posts & come back when you reach over 10 ..:aok:

Dinkydoo
05-08-2012, 05:52 PM
We are in freefall and something needs to be done.

Freefall, after one game? :faf:

steakbake
05-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Sorry but where do you get that from ..?

Scottish football is rooked..on its erse ..whatever you may call it financially ..hibs are tightening the belt, funds are limited..Petrie is asking for fans to dig deep to create funds for Fenlon ..its hardly blackmail ..if folk can afford it they will buy ..if they cant they wont ..

Not so. "Stand up and be counted", the repeated letters, the statements: "we've done the right thing now you have to back us", "Let's work together"...

It's not blackmail, I would agree but the fact is Hibs as a business have done nothing to show they're going to improve the product yet berate the fans who know the thing is being run as a busted flush.

We're looking up the table at several clubs who have far less season ticket holders than we do on an annual basis and don't have "the best training facilities outside of the OF" yet consistently over recent years have though being run well, outperformed us in the league. These are Scottish clubs too. While football here may be on its erse, some clubs are trying to get up off the canvas while others - perhaps ours alone - look
like they're out for the count unless someone gives them a hand up. A soft club in every measure.

The Falcon

Rangers did that, and did it very well. :agree:

Thecat23
Why dont you tell him yourself instead of being gobby behind yer keyboard ..nah thought not ..:aok:

Since you are such an expert on me being pro Petrie ..go check through my thousands of posts & come back when you reach over 10 ..:aok:

Already told him, more than happy for a one to one and tell him exactly what is going on.

Come back when i reach over ten? one is enough thanks :aok: guys a ****ing clown and killing us.

steakbake
05-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Rangers did that, and did it very well. :agree:

Of course they did. Noone is suggesting the only alternative is that Hibs launch into using illegal payment schemes and tax avoidance to get a better team, except for those looking to deflect some of the scrutiny away from a failing board.

Emerald
05-08-2012, 05:56 PM

We have been in freefall for over two years and now the parachute hasn't opened. We are pish and getting pisher.

GGTTH07
05-08-2012, 05:56 PM

No. After 3 years. Take a look at the state of the club. Shambolic!

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-08-2012, 05:57 PM
We are all guilty of being keyboard hardmen, what is needed is a petition and protest to be sent online to the board asking (or telling them :wink:) to GTF, I'm no good at doing them but would get involved in anyone producing one to send.

For too many years we have let this board away with this and now it's time to see what they are made of.

I don't expect them to take one bit notice of it as I've always thought they treat us like small children plus the fact there are far too many Hibbies that simply don't want to say anything that would remotely upset them, that of course is their prerogative and I respect that, but we MUST make a stand against this board, LOUDLY!

Let's get shouting!

The Falcon
05-08-2012, 05:58 PM
No, and even if there was one we wouldn't get to hear about it, I have been told from a former employee of Farmer that his little hospitality venture at ER is his baby and he loves it, sipping coffee and mumbling a few words with folk.

The only upside is that he is 72 now and hopefully he will be thinking of maybe stepping down, that way we can thank him and get on with footballing minded owners, but I'm not holding my breath.

Perhaps now is the time for those that are apparantly wanting to buy Hibs to go public with their offers. The fans will support them when they do as long as there is substance to their offer.

Opening it up to public scrutiny would ensure they got huge public support.

MSK
05-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Already told him, more than happy for a one to one and tell him exactly what is going on.

Come back when i reach over ten? one is enough thanks :aok: guys a ****ing clown and killing us.No this ..
Since you are such an expert on me being pro Petrie ..go check through my thousands of posts & come back when you reach over 10

Stil waiting ..:I'm waiti

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2012, 06:00 PM

Whats amazing as i actually think you were being serious, whats caused you to delete the last 2 years from your memory? :confused:

Thecat23
05-08-2012, 06:01 PM
We are all guilty of being keyboard hardmen, what is needed is a petition and protest to be sent online to the board asking (or telling them :wink:) to GTF, I'm no good at doing them but would get involved in anyone producing one to send.

For too many years we have let this board away with this and now it's time to see what they are made of.

I don't expect them to take one bit notice of it as I've always thought they treat us like small children plus the fact there are far too many Hibbies that simply don't want to say anything that would remotely upset them, that of course is their prerogative and I respect that, but we MUST make a stand against this board, LOUDLY!

Let's get shouting!

Spot on mate. I'd be happy to help out in anything that will result in either the removal of the board or at least an online poll showing we don't have any faith in them.

gbur123ukgb
05-08-2012, 06:02 PM

Let's get shouting!

Lets get it sorted then any wizz kids able to set up e petiton lets get as many sigs as poss
action is needed

Thecat23
05-08-2012, 06:04 PM
No this ..
Since you are such an expert on me being pro Petrie ..go check through my thousands of posts & come back when you reach over 10

Stil waiting ..:I'm waiti

Jeezo you're a demanding wee sod eh? :greengrin Ok if you haven't been pro Petrie i fully retract my comment to you. If i get time and find out you have...... I'll hunt you down! :wink:

My points though to the ones who have, you must see Petrie is no good? there I said it, put you on the spot!!!!!!!!!!

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Jeezo you're a demanding wee sod eh? :greengrin Ok if you haven't been pro Petrie i fully retract my comment to you. If i get time and find out you have...... I'll hunt you down! :wink:

My points though to the ones who have, you must see Petrie is no good? there I said it, put you on the spot!!!!!!!!!!

Petries done ok i suppose, not great just ok.

Dinkydoo
Whats amazing as i actually think you were being serious, whats caused you to delete the last 2 years from your memory? :confused:

I agree we're **** though tactics today didn't help, and all this knee jerking doesn't help the morale on here either.

The Falcon
Do any of you guys have any idea who you are going to replace the current set up with?

NorthNorfolkHFC
Why dont you tell him yourself instead of being gobby behind yer keyboard ..nah thought not ..:aok:

Does posting over a certain amount constitute Hibs supporting greatness?

Anyway, to keep to topic as opposed to arguing about who is the bestest Hibs fan.

It is like blackmail. 'Summer of Change' and 'Hibernian with Bottle'. No real changes and certainly no bottle. These were used to entice us into buying into Hibernian. Lets not forget how they used to lure of cup final tickets when selling season tickets.

HIBERNIAN-0762
Lets get it sorted then any wizz kids able to set up e petiton lets get as many sigs as poss
action is needed

Glad your all in agreement with me :greengrin

I usually get shouted down by happy clappers and board lovers..:wink:

But like you I'm deadly serious about it, let's get it on...

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Do any of you guys have any idea who you are going to replace the current set up with?

Any team that plays doon The Links

:wink:

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2012, 06:09 PM
I agree we're **** though tactics today didn't help, and all this knee jerking doesn't help the morale on here either.

You agree we are pish, and we have been pish for at least 2 years, but todays reaction is a knee jerk reaction, how does that work? :confused:

The Falcon
05-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Any team that plays doon The Links

:wink:

That'll work right enough.

Good plan.

MSK
05-08-2012, 06:10 PM

Anyway, to keep to topic as opposed to arguing about who is the bestest Hibs fan.

It is like blackmail. 'Summer of Change' and 'Hibernian with Bottle'. No real changes and certainly no bottle. These were used to entice us into buying into Hibernian. Lets not forget how they used to lure of cup final tickets when selling season tickets.Who said it does ..:confused:...Ive questioned another poster who seems to think I am pro Petrie ..I suggested to him to check through my thousands of posts to find all my pro Petrie posts ..I suggested he wouldnt find 10 in amongst those thousands....not quite sure what you are spraffing about though ...:greengrin

Thecat23
05-08-2012, 06:12 PM

If you have a problem.. And know one else can help.. And you can find them... Then maybe you should hire.... The A Team!!!

Dinkydoo
05-08-2012, 06:12 PM
You agree we are pish, and we have been pish for at least 2 years, but todays reaction is a knee jerk reaction, how does that work? :confused:

Sack the manager! Sack the board! We're in freefall!!!!

Oh, I need a wee lie down.

Thecat23
05-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Petries done ok i suppose, not great just ok.

I've said loads of times he did do ok. His work was done when the stand was completed. That's when he should have walked. Instead he's now turning the club into a laughing stock BH with stupid managerial appointments and ridiculous PR moves.

erin go bragh
05-08-2012, 06:16 PM
Dearie me :confused: sack the board ,were doomed ,ffs we were playing the team widely tipped to finnish 2nd,we still have players to come in [ yes we need them pronto]
But ffs sack the board protest against that lot ,aye that will help the team :brickwall

On a possitive note ,thought Williams had a good game and looks like we have an assured keeper at last .

ggtth

The Falcon
05-08-2012, 06:16 PM
If you have a problem.. And know one else can help.. And you can find them... Then maybe you should hire.... The A Team!!!

So we've got a team that plays down the links and the A Team. It's a pity Jimmy Saville died.

Macaroon
05-08-2012, 06:17 PM
My fear is that Farmer/Petrie are far too proud to ever let the club go but at the same time they are far too proud to back down on the season ticket front. They appear to be adamant that Hibs cannot move forward without season tickets and will not invest into the team without substantial ticket sales, but more and more fans are packing it in due to the dross on the park and won't even be considering ST's for future seasons. Both sides seem to be very reluctant to budge and I'm very worried that it's going to continue us down this downward spiral.

Look at Leeds, once the dominant force in English football and now struggling at the foot of the championship. For different reasons possibly but regardless I have a bad feeling that if neither side relents and the team keeps suffering as a result then we could be in real trouble in the long term as well as the short

Barney McGrew
05-08-2012, 06:17 PM

That's been asked many times on here. I've yet to see any coherent answers to it.

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-08-2012, 06:19 PM
That'll work right enough.

Good plan.

Was only a joke...FFS :rolleyes:

gbur123ukgb
05-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Dearie me :confused: sack the board ,were doomed ,ffs we were playing the team widely tipped to finnish 2nd,we still have players to come in [ yes we need them pronto]
But ffs sack the board protest against that lot ,aye that will help the team :brickwall

On a possitive note ,thought Williams had a good game and looks like we have an assured keeper at last .

ggtth

They have let us the fans down for too long yes stadium and training centre they are great but will we need a big stadium when crowds are down to 6k

Thecat23
05-08-2012, 06:22 PM

ggtth

Sorry, I forget it's a new season where all of our underlying issues of last year should be dismissed. Guys it's cool, it's Utd we were playing everyone else we'll prob beat. Until the next game, then the next, then the next. Granted even that mod may grab a win somewhere but the fact we have a bare to the bone squad and knew this from last year is way more than enough to prove the folk in charge haven't a clue.

Thecat23
05-08-2012, 06:24 PM
That's been asked many times on here. I've yet to see any coherent answers to it.

FFS fine, how about we advertise the ****img post and see who applies? Or do we accept know one in this universe can do the job the board do? Please tell me as im all ears!!

Barney McGrew
05-08-2012, 06:27 PM
FFS fine, how about we advertise the ****img post and see who applies? Or do we accept know one in this universe can do the job the board do? Please tell me as im all ears!!

So we advertise for a new board? Who does the interviews then, since the current lot are gone and the consensus seems to be that Farmer isn't bothered?

The Falcon
05-08-2012, 06:30 PM

What seems to be being discussed is wholesale change Thecat, including Farmer (if he dosent "invest") and Farmer wants Petrie there and told us all so at the AGM so, to get him (Petrie) out, you need to buy Farmer out. I dont see or hear about folk knocking down our door to do that, although it is freqently alluded to by posters that there is plenty folk out there with the money and means to take it over, but Farmer, apparently, does not want to sell.

Thats why I posted these folk should go public, and make their plans for the club public, and they would get plenty of popular support.

Thecat23
05-08-2012, 06:33 PM
So we advertise for a new board? Who does the interviews then, since the current lot are gone and the consensus seems to be that Farmer isn't bothered?

That was tongue in cheek. A new owner should then appoint his own board.

Some folk say Farmer is open to offers and has publicly went on tv and said this. No idea if true just saying. If so then he needs to go out looking for a buyer and tell everyone Hibs are for sale.

Thecat23
05-08-2012, 06:34 PM
What seems to be being discussed is wholesale change Thecat, including Farmer (if he dosent "invest") and Farmer wants Petrie there and told us all so at the AGM so, to get him (Petrie) out, you need to buy Farmer out. I dont see or hear about folk knocking down our door to do that, although it is freqently alluded to by posters that there is plenty folk out there with the money and means to take it over, but Farmer, apparently, does not want to sell.

Thats why I posted these folk should go public, and make their plans for the club public, and they would get plenty of popular support.

Just posted about Farmer mate. Fully agree now is the time for an online petition and see how far this can go.

Barney McGrew
05-08-2012, 06:39 PM

Some folk say Farmer is open to offers and has publicly went on tv and said this. No idea if true just saying. If so then he needs to go out looking for a buyer and tell everyone Hibs are for sale.

He's said it openly for years, at an AGM IIRC - I'm sure someone will be able to confirm/deny.
The only person who's ever tried to buy the club was Brian Kennedy, and after seeing what he did to Stockport and his courting of Der Hun then I think we had a lucky escape there.

Who would want to buy a football club anyway, let alone a loss making one in a European football backwater?

The Falcon
05-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Just posted about Farmer mate. Fully agree now is the time for an online petition and see how far this can go.

I am not on about a petition, even the most supported petitions on here garner about 1,000 votes (about the most I have seen anyway) when there are about 7500 ST holders, and many more who walk up regularly. Online petitions are open to influence by others who may not have the club's best interests at heart (no pun intendeed)

I am on about potential buyers making themselves public so that we, the fans, can decide whether or not they are the folk to take to take us on and decide whether or not we back them.

gbur123ukgb
05-08-2012, 06:41 PM
gretam idea ill sign it as will my dad and son

The Falcon
05-08-2012, 06:43 PM
gretam idea ill sign it as will my dad and son

Despite not knowing if the replacement is any better or not?

Thecat23
05-08-2012, 06:45 PM
He's said it openly for years, at an AGM IIRC - I'm sure someone will be able to confirm/deny.
The only person who's ever tried to buy the club was Brian Kennedy, and after seeing what he did to Stockport and his courting of Der Hun then I think we had a lucky escape there.

Who would want to buy a football club anyway, let alone a loss making one in a European football backwater?

I fully agree with Kennedy very lucky escape there.

God knows if there is anyone but lets put it out there and see. There may after all be someone out there happy enough to invest in us. Not like Vlad may i add. We have just about everything bar a decent side. That should appeal and with Rangers gone it makes it better for us to fight at the top end.

Wyatt.S.Earp
05-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Just away to throw myself off the Dean Bridge........at 61.....and a Hibby,all my life ...I can't take no more of this T.F.C.............!!!!...
PS ,don't try and stop me..............!!!

Thecat23
05-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Despite not knowing if the replacement is any better or not?

Not being funny but is that the only reason you wouldn't sign it? If i went through life worrying if I take a chance it may work or may not or just plod along and watch my life spiral down the pan I know which one i'd choose.

What if Farmer just said stuff it i'm off? would you panic he sells to someone else? Mate with all due respect you need to take a chance and some risks in life.

Emerald
05-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Just away to throw myself off the Dean Bridge........at 61.....and a Hibby,all my life ...I can't take no more of this T.F.C.............!!!!...
PS ,don't try and stop me..............!!!

Try throwing yourself under a tram. Maybe by then we could have a good team and you will reconsider. :greengrin

Hibeesforever
05-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Glad your all in agreement with me :greengrin

I usually get shouted down by happy clappers and board lovers..:wink:

But like you I'm deadly serious about it, let's get it on...

You get my vote.
Protests are often seen as divisive but things are so bad that sitting back and doing nothing is not an option. I do not go along with this "it is only the first game of the season rubbish".

Mr Petrie does not necessarily need to go, just that both he and Sir Tom should front a lot more meetings and convey how Hibs are going to recapture the position that we held within the game during the fifties, sixties and seventies. This should be our business plan, they should lay out clearly that they will either achieve this or will resign, sell there shares. This is what actually happens in real business, not just we will break-even each year!

Things are clear now. It has taken a 5-1 humping in front of a global audience by our greatest rivals and today's 3-0 opening season debacle to see the problems.
They have been in charge, with the latter for nearly twenty years, and where do we sit today ?

We need to model ourselves on successful clubs that are a similar size to us in Europe. The international festival is going on in Edinburgh, visitors see a big stadium in Leith but unfortunately it has been a long time since a team has been good enough to claim to do the jersey proud. A massive effort is needed from all staff and fans to work together for success. Hibs should be in Europe every year, not once every 10 years !

I am worried about Pat Fenlon's football knowledge but am a believer, so am happy to give him the time needed to be a successful manager.
He needs serious money though.

Bank lending is as low as it has ever been, so I would ask for £1 million make it clear to the support that this has been done. The gates would then increase as a buzz is created from better players and there is acknowledgement that there was a debt to pay off. This business of season ticket cash up front, then we purchase players is a failed model that is just alienating supporters who are feeling blackmailed.

I remember when Alex Miller signed Steve Archibald. A good number were put on the gate instantly and he paid for himself in both his performances and the class that he brought. Now a player like him would be able to teach Leigh Griffiths.

Keep the faith.

Sir Tom, not Mr Rod Petrie....you need to tell us what is going on and what the plans are.

It would only take 100 or so vociforous supporters outside the main entrance each day for a week for some real pressure to be put on Sir Tom to become more involved and develop a greater interest in Hibs being successful. These are the sort of things that they do on the continent and their teams seem to be a lot more successful than ours.

:flag:

IWasThere2016
05-08-2012, 07:00 PM
STF (via holding co.) poured £1.25m in to shore Hibs' accounts/cash flow up in FY10/11. FWIW, I assume he has had to do so again in FY11/12 - and I'm not sure he'll do so again unless we are in dire need. Hence RP's statements re STs/backing the team etc. But the decline since 2007 has sickened too many fans .. The fear I have is what if we haven't 'bottomed out'???

adhibs
05-08-2012, 07:30 PM
STF (via holding co.) poured £1.25m in to shore Hibs' accounts/cash flow up in FY10/11. FWIW, I assume he has had to do so again in FY11/12 - and I'm not sure he'll do so again unless we are in dire need. Hence RP's statements re STs/backing the team etc. But the decline since 2007 has sickened too many fans .. The fear I have is what if we haven't 'bottomed out'???

could call it the price hes had to pay for keepin that idiot petrie

cad
05-08-2012, 07:36 PM

Got to be a special sort of guy to pump millions of pounds into Hibs to endure that much pain year in year out . ??

The Falcon
05-08-2012, 07:49 PM
Not being funny but is that the only reason you wouldn't sign it? If i went through life worrying if I take a chance it may work or may not or just plod along and watch my life spiral down the pan I know which one i'd choose.

What if Farmer just said stuff it i'm off? would you panic he sells to someone else? Mate with all due respect you need to take a chance and some risks in life.

Oh we've taken risks before its just that it didnt go too well. Having been there before when questions were not, and should have been, asked I would be reluctant to do so again as eagerley as we all did before.

We were lucky to get away with it the last time and doubt we would be as fortunate again.

Crazyhorse
05-08-2012, 08:46 PM

I think this is an important point and indicates a level of mismanagement at Hibs to put it mildly. If we are spending the 4th/5th largest budget compared with our competitors why are we finishing 10th/11th? Apparently we have sold around 4 times as many season tickets as some of our competitors this season, this should be reflected in our team and our results if it isn't I'm not prepared to support a management team that presides over this for much longer. I've always backed Petrie and Farmer but I'm not sure why any more. My hope is that we avoid relegation this season my expectations - I don't really have any. We are on a downward slide and the players we have brought in don't fill me with much confidence.

IWasThere2016
05-08-2012, 10:04 PM
Got to be a special sort of guy to pump millions of pounds into Hibs to endure that much pain year in year out . ??

The sum in 10/11 was a loan - so STF would seem to expect it back :dunno:

SteveHFC
05-08-2012, 11:14 PM
http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae247/Mainboy/Pleasing/GTF.gif

Captain Trips
05-08-2012, 11:18 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/GTF.gif

Yer teas oot, take yer manger as well and half the squad with ye.

ANDY McGEECHAN
05-08-2012, 11:21 PM
What a pathetic person you are.

frazeHFC
05-08-2012, 11:26 PM
What a pathetic person you are.

I tried telling him yesterday but he never listened. :agree:

Although i agree that Petrie is a penny-pinching tool and needs to go.

SteveHFC
05-08-2012, 11:27 PM
I tried telling him yesterday but he never listened. :agree:

Although i agree that Petrie is a penny-pinching tool and needs to go.

:giruy:

hfc rd
05-08-2012, 11:30 PM

Might as well send it an email to him. So he gets the message that we all want him out.

Famous5forever
05-08-2012, 11:32 PM

Misor, Squrooge,tight as 2 coats of paint, counts his money to get him to sleep, he hates spending money, con man with the cup final season ticket swindle, he blames us for only buying 7 thousand season tickets but it was him who made the stadium far to big and we can never fill it thanks to him, would you buy a second hand car from that man ?,his tache is dodgy, he takes no wages but hefty Dividends and expenses, he likes to fire a manager pre AGM And Accepts no blame no responsabilty, he shafted JC The only decent manager we had since Mogga, rumour has it he uses both sides of toilet roll to save money.

shetlandhibee
05-08-2012, 11:48 PM
:agree: He needs to spend a lot of money to strengthen the squad up! This is very tough times for Hibs but as supporters we need to stick with them and get high attedinaces and a very vocal fan base ( we all need to be the 12th man) :flag::pfgwa:scarf::scarf::partyhibb:singing::sing ing::lolyam::lolrangers:

matty_f
05-08-2012, 11:55 PM
Only on Hibs.net could someone in charge of a club that posted £1m+ of losses over the last 2 years be described as penny pinching.

frazeHFC
06-08-2012, 12:00 AM
Only on Hibs.net could someone in charge of a club that posted £1m+ of losses over the last 2 years be described as penny pinching.

The amount of money spent by fans on tickets, and look what we get in return. Value for money? No way. I don't know if this covers penny-pinching in everyones dictionary, but the term seems about right.

Saorsa
06-08-2012, 12:09 AM
Only on Hibs.net could someone in charge of a club that posted £1m+ of losses over the last 2 years be described as penny pinching.Yes but you have tae ask the reason for those losses, is it because are we spending more and more each year or are we simply taking in less and less because we've been rotten for years now? My money would be on the latter, we have been in decline since the 2007 cup final. We must be a least 3000 fans per game down on then and that is entirely down tae the way this club has been run by Petrie and whatever puppets have been on the board since then. Large chunks of those losses have also been wasted on paying for the mistakes of this board and the buck for that stops with the person running the club, though he always seems tae think otherwise. Petrie's only plan was tae sell the family silver, now there's nowt left tae sell he has nothing else tae offer. All he does now is beg for money from the fans, many thousands of whom have been driven away by seasons of utter dross under his stewardship.

HibsMax
06-08-2012, 03:25 AM

It is like blackmail. 'Summer of Change' and 'Hibernian with Bottle'. No real changes and certainly no bottle. These were used to entice us into buying into Hibernian. Lets not forget how they used to lure of cup final tickets when selling season tickets.

Incentives = blackmail?

You decide.

steakbake
06-08-2012, 04:08 AM
Incentives = blackmail?

You decide.

It's a tricky one HM. There has to be some kind of payoff in the end, otherwise it's just wind and pish designed to extract cash to fund a failing product.

I've said it before: last season and before we've been looking up the table at clubs with smaller resources doing far better than us. They put out sides that are tough to beat, always seem up for it and work well together. Something is rotten and stagnant at Hibs. I've no idea what it is but until it's fixed, we're going nowhere. No amount of summers of changes or standing up and being counted or working together is going to change the product pitchside. It's like rearranging the proverbial deck chairs. The club needs change at the very top, but while STF is the owner, Petrie is staying where he is: after all in STFs eyes, he wishes he could have 100 Petries.

No doubt they are both well intentioned but I'm not confident things can be turned around meaningfully on their watch.

WHUHibs
06-08-2012, 05:10 AM

STF opinion may have changed in selling the club and I have had first hand experience during the Hands On Hibs era as I brought two investors to the club. One looking to buy and one wanting an equity stake. The equity stake option from a Blackburn Rovers investor on Jack Walkers board would have been a nice option. Those of us who have had business dealings with STF know how he operates, he is a hard nosed businessman and plays the PR very well. If he was getting bad press and still owned Kwik Fit then I can assure you he would be operating differently.

There will come a day when he wants to sell and it will be on his terms and only then will Petrie leave I am sure of that.

I also wish the board on hibs.net would stop personl insults, people who agree or disagree with a poster have a right to say thier point. However, questioning somenes committment to the club or having an opinion is not related to the number of posts or wether you follow your team home and away every week.

What brings us together is the love of hibs and under the current ownership and the way the board operates is not good for Hibs and the point that everyone should remember:

Investment in East Mains has brought very little return on investment so far!
Our scouting system does not seem to bring in the quality of players that we all desire and other clubs on smaller budgets seem to find the players we cant
Investment in the squad is meger but based on our income - why not then have additional income streams not been addressed over the years so we are not reliant on season ticket money and selling players.

So if the board are doing such a good job why are we in difficulty both financially with substantial losses and having a very poor team?

Is this logical or am I just being emotional and will I be slated for not agreeing with the current board and owner?

Iain G
06-08-2012, 05:15 AM

An online petition huh, well that'll bring them down! Vive la Revolution!! :greengrin

WHUHibs
06-08-2012, 05:16 AM
sorry not able to edit my post for spelling...perhaps I will be called uneducated,,,not allowed to post such nonsense :greengrin

1two
06-08-2012, 06:53 AM

Ok he's no a penny pincher

But we've consistently failed and been on a downward spiral for 5 years, with 4-5 managers been sacked and hired in that time.

At what point does it become the mangers fault. I think were past that point by about 2 years. If we're the 4/5 biggest club in the spl, surely we should have at least something in return (top 6 finishes would suffice).
Someone has to be accountable, and for me and (probably) a majority of other hibs fans that's Petrie.

NAE NOOKIE
06-08-2012, 06:59 AM
The bottom line is that STF as he freely admits knows little or nothing about football. I'm sure he knows more than when he started, but the difference is that because he's not a football man he just cant share our pain in an empathic sense when we are this bad. He can on an intellectual level I'm sure ..... but not an emotional one.

As of now his only focus should be to 'actively' find a new owner for the club. His input as far as infrastructure is beyond question. Unfortunately the clubs lack of on field success under his ownership is also beyond question.

I will always support the club in person in the stands and financially by buying season tickets etc.

Does that mean I find 4 odd years of crap acceptable ............ no it doesn't. I keep going because I love Hibs, but a lot of others wont.

We need a massive change of direction ............. Sooner rather than later.

hibsbollah
06-08-2012, 07:02 AM
I saw Petrie in the glass box at Tannadice yesterday. He was chuckling softly to himself while counting out dirty twenty pound notes and stuffing them in a big sack marked 'SWAG'. He then proceeded to stroke a long haired white cat.

Treadstone
06-08-2012, 07:07 AM
If Hertz went bust tomorrow , Petrie would be heralded as a genius . However he should walk on managerial appointments alone .

Lucius Apuleius
06-08-2012, 07:10 AM
Compare this to der hun supporters saying that if der hun played on the streets, they would watch from the pavements. Does this mean that der hun have better supporters of their club than we do?

Thecat23
06-08-2012, 07:15 AM

We're posting a loss because of his mistakes and having to fire crap managers.

Iain G
06-08-2012, 07:25 AM
I saw Petrie in the glass box at Tannadice yesterday. He was chuckling softly to himself while counting out dirty twenty pound notes and stuffing them in a big sack marked 'SWAG'. He then proceeded to stroke a long haired white cat.

There are those on here who will take you seriously you know :wink:

Elephant Stone
06-08-2012, 07:32 AM

Did you even look at the picture? He has two £s where his eyes should be. Try arguing with that.

Elephant Stone
06-08-2012, 07:33 AM
We're posting a loss because of his mistakes and having to fire crap managers.

There's not much mention of that in this thread. It's all about "penny pinching" and "scrooge" which is clearly utter ****.

mcfly
06-08-2012, 07:35 AM

Can you tell me how much of those losses were attributable to mr petries disastrous managerial appts and paying them off??

The Falcon
06-08-2012, 07:36 AM
STF opinion may have changed in selling the club and I have had first hand experience during the Hands On Hibs era as I brought two investors to the club. One looking to buy and one wanting an equity stake. The equity stake option from a Blackburn Rovers investor on Jack Walkers board would have been a nice option. Those of us who have had business dealings with STF know how he operates, he is a hard nosed businessman and plays the PR very well. If he was getting bad press and still owned Kwik Fit then I can assure you he would be operating differently.

There will come a day when he wants to sell and it will be on his terms and only then will Petrie leave I am sure of that.

Did you know these investors personally and were privvy to the discussions that took place?

I think, and others have suggested as well, that a trust set up for future ownership of the club is well underway. STF is now 71 and, as a football club (any football club not just Hibs) it is worth next to nothing, we have seen this throughout the summer with Rangers. If STF is looking for any sort of financial payback he would be better off selling the lot for development as it will realise much more money than selling a loss making business.

If he was as "hard nosed" as you suggest that is.

southsider
06-08-2012, 07:40 AM
This club is rotton to the core with no real direction or leadership. We have another duff manager (how many Rod ?), who is clearly lacking in both tactical knowledge and creativity. The last two meaningful games have resulted in a loss of 8 goals against us and displays which were just an embarrassment to all those in green. I am dreading next week. I must have done something really bad in my last life for all the pain i am getting in this.

steakbake
06-08-2012, 07:48 AM
Compare this to der hun supporters saying that if der hun played on the streets, they would watch from the pavements. Does this mean that der hun have better supporters of their club than we do?

I don't think so. But if you can see that things are blatantly not right, then I would say someone who loves the club should say so.

Before you go and watch them in the street, you'd want to prevent them getting to that stage.

Steve-O
06-08-2012, 07:48 AM
y

I bet they wouldn't if they had watched anything like the performances that we have.

Baldy Foghorn
06-08-2012, 08:38 AM

Incompetence / mis-management.......

Hibs7
06-08-2012, 08:49 AM
This season is the ideal opportunity for a club to seize the initiative, but Hibs board cannot see that, take out a £1m loan, improve the playing staff, get results, = increased crowds, more season tickets sold, if we are contesting second place and playing attractive, entertaining football by Christmas, then I am sure there would be a huge increase in half season ticket sales. The loan would be paid for and more, but stay as we are now and you will be lucky if you are getting crowds of 6/7000 at ER.

STAND UP AND BE COUNTED MR PETRIE.

Baldy Foghorn
06-08-2012, 09:02 AM
This season is the ideal opportunity for a club to seize the initiative, but Hibs board cannot see that, take out a £1m loan, improve the playing staff, get results, = increased crowds, more season tickets sold, if we are contesting second place and playing attractive, entertaining football by Christmas, then I am sure there would be a huge increase in half season ticket sales. The loan would be paid for and more, but stay as we are now and you will be lucky if you are getting crowds of 6/7000 at ER.

STAND UP AND BE COUNTED MR PETRIE.

What does £1million get you these days?? We need real quality and fast.......Can't see any real fast way out of this current predicament

ggth
06-08-2012, 09:02 AM
Motherwell, Dundee Utd (even St. Johnstone)
how come they are doing so well on shoestring budgets?
a lot of fans are asking for investment, If we invested wisely, would we be in our current position? NO
I feel sorry for Fenlon, as he is not up to the job
Hibs got lucky with Mcleish, since then its been all down hill, folks will say, we sold all our best players,
If our scouts and training system was being run correctly, with east mains there is no reason
why we should be producing a few exceptional players every one or two years

It all boils down to Rod Petrie, your times up, please move on for the sake of Hibernian!

If we continue to play as we have, I hope the fans vent there anger at RP and not PF

Lucius Apuleius
06-08-2012, 09:03 AM
I don't think so. But if you can see that things are blatantly not right, then I would say someone who loves the club should say so.

Before you go and watch them in the street, you'd want to prevent them getting to that stage.

For sure you would however if circumstances dictated it then would we? Would hun fans? I don't know but I don't think so. Someone made reference to Leeds Utd earlier and their demise from top flight football. Nothing stays forever and in my opinion there have been more dramatic losses to top flight football, especially in Scotland, than Leeds. Most of these teams still survive, but they have found their level. Not comfortable thinking but maybe we are finding our level? Of course we need to try and divert us away from that course, however I am firmly in the camp that believes spending our way out of it will only accelerate the process.

y

I bet they wouldn't if they had watched anything like the performances that we have.

Hmm, not a bet I could take as it is purely rhetorical and subjective.

Hibs7
06-08-2012, 09:11 AM
What does £1million get you these days?? We need real quality and fast.......Can't see any real fast way out of this current predicament

3 good players, would make a big difference.!!!

hibees 7062
06-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Motherwell, Dundee Utd (even St. Johnstone)
how come they are doing so well on shoestring budgets?
a lot of fans are asking for investment, If we invested wisely, would we be in our current position? NO
I feel sorry for Fenlon, as he is not up to the job
Hibs got lucky with Mcleish, since then its been all down hill, folks will say, we sold all our best players,
If our scouts and training system was being run correctly, with east mains there is no reason
why we should be producing a few exceptional players every one or two years

It all boils down to Rod Petrie, your times up, please move on for the sake of Hibernian!

If we continue to play as we have, I hope the fans vent there anger at RP and not PF

Ahhh the days when we looked forward to games , when we were scared o no one .

Baldy Foghorn
06-08-2012, 09:33 AM
3 good players, would make a big difference.!!!

We need more than just 3 good players

mcfly
06-08-2012, 09:44 AM
Mr Petrie appealled to the fans to support the team.

Fans responded as per usual, however you can only take humiliation for so long.

I really hope we get some players in this week cause these boards will go into meltdown if we get slaughtered again by hearts.

Let's see what happens this week - id expect some money to be released to save rods skin cause sooner or later the buck is going to have to stop with him.

He can't keep sacking managers every year!!

Phil D. Rolls
06-08-2012, 09:45 AM

That is all.

How do we get them to listen to us? :hmmm:

Aye - mark it as URGENT - they'll put that right to the top of the pile. Lateral thinking, that's the Hibs way. :aok:

DarlingtonHibee
06-08-2012, 09:47 AM

I also wish the board on hibs.net would stop personl insults, people who agree or disagree with a poster have a right to say thier point. However, questioning somenes committment to the club or having an opinion is not related to the number of posts or wether you follow your team home and away every week.

What brings us together is the love of hibs and under the current ownership and the way the board operates is not good for Hibs and the point that everyone should remember:

Investment in East Mains has brought very little return on investment so far!
Our scouting system does not seem to bring in the quality of players that we all desire and other clubs on smaller budgets seem to find the players we cant
Investment in the squad is meger but based on our income - why not then have additional income streams not been addressed over the years so we are not reliant on season ticket money and selling players.

So if the board are doing such a good job why are we in difficulty both financially with substantial losses and having a very poor team?

Is this logical or am I just being emotional and will I be slated for not agreeing with the current board and owner?

Given it is 20 years since you "brought" two investors to Hibs, surely you can name them now ?

ahibby
06-08-2012, 09:49 AM

That is all.

I can understand you hurting but it's not a stick on we will be relegated. We are never top six material but there are two or three teams in the league we will cause problems too. I'd expect Dundee and Kilmarnock to be down there with us this season.

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2012, 09:51 AM
I can understand you hurting but it's not a stick on we will be relegated. We are never top six material but there are two or three teams in the league we will cause problems too. I'd expect Dundee and Kilmarnock to be down there with us this season.

Thats the spirit, lets hope there's a couple of teams who are as poor as us. :rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
06-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Thats the spirit, lets hope there's a couple of teams who are as poor as us. :rolleyes:

Magic way of thinking eh:greengrin I really really hope Dundee are worse than us.....FFS what happened to top six aspirations at worst.....Poor days ahead.....

Up the Alamo !!!!!

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2012, 10:07 AM
Magic way of thinking eh:greengrin I really really hope Dundee are worse than us.....FFS what happened to top six aspirations at worst.....Poor days ahead.....

Up the Alamo !!!!!

You just cant believe how much we have fallen, when its no certainty we will go down, as there could be a couple of teams just as bad as us? :rolleyes:

And folk get on their high horse because fans are not coming to the games anymore?

Phil MaGlass
06-08-2012, 10:10 AM

Just a question not an attack, do you honestly think we will cause Killie or Dundee problems?
I think we will be lucky if we cause Ross County problems the way we are just now, BUT its early days and plenty time to have a fruitful season if investment is made now. Just a pity we have hertz next game. I can hear the "its a derby and anything can happen" myth being horsed out a couple of times over the next week. Its a derby, were Hibs,were ***** were in for a humping.

Baldy Foghorn
06-08-2012, 10:13 AM
You just cant believe how much we have fallen, when its no certainty we will go down, as there could be a couple of teams just as bad as us? :rolleyes:

And folk get on their high horse because fans are not coming to the games anymore?

The product on offer is woeful, Hibs need to wake up to this and quickly, because they have more and more disillusioned customers appearing every day.....

It is really hard to take, how much trouble we are in, miles away from halycon days of old....Its sad.....

JustSimplyHibs
06-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Yes it is really depressing following Hibernian, more so now than ever in the history of this sleeping giant. Hampden set us back ‘5-10 years in supporters backing the club’, according to Ian Murray - I do agree with this. Given the fact that a huge number of season ticket holders have not renewed and current season ticket holders either in the process of cancelling season tickets or feeling robbed.

Yesterday was the first competitive game for our new signed captain, three new additions and a returnee loan player to a depleted squad following the aftermath of May 19th, who IMO are good players and are more than capable of competing and being apart of a successful team in a sub standard league.

Rod Petrie asked Hibs fans to dig deep in to their pockets to back the club - most of whom probably can not afford it, remember it aint just £400 plus to watch Hibs, when you go along to the games, generally money is spent on programmes, merchandise, travel and catering. By the time you add it up at the end of the season….thousands of pounds!!! On par with football players weekly wages!

We have an owner in Sir Tom Farmer who I am indebted to for saving my heritage, my life, my first love. However, he doesn’t have to pay an entrance fee to endure what we endure and he probably doesn’t have to pay for other things us supporters have to pay for! Yet with his surplus cash, more cash than anyone who follows Hibernian will not match and refuses to dig deep into his pockets and donate player budget money to help put a team on the park that is capable of stringing a couple of victories together.

The strap line ‘Together we are Stronger’ is total nosh if our owner does not stand together with us supporters!! I personally feel it is time for Sir Tom to ‘stand up and be counted’ before his life saving heroics of my biggest local club goes down the plug hole.

This man is a businessman who knows other businessmen, surely he must look for other investment instead of requesting us penny poor supporters to feed his business!!!

Sir Tom - Donate to Pat Fenlon so he can bring in four new players, please!!!! Before it is too late.

Phil D. Rolls
06-08-2012, 10:43 AM
Yes it is really depressing following Hibernian, more so now than ever in the history of this sleeping giant. Hampden set us back ‘5-10 years in supporters backing the club’, according to Ian Murray - I do agree with this. Given the fact that a huge number of season ticket holders have not renewed and current season ticket holders either in the process of cancelling season tickets or feeling robbed.

Yesterday was the first competitive game for our new signed captain, three new additions and a returnee loan player to a depleted squad following the aftermath of May 19th, who IMO are good players and are more than capable of competing and being apart of a successful team in a sub standard league.

Rod Petrie asked Hibs fans to dig deep in to their pockets to back the club - most of whom probably can not afford it, remember it aint just £400 plus to watch Hibs, when you go along to the games, generally money is spent on programmes, merchandise, travel and catering. By the time you add it up at the end of the season….thousands of pounds!!! On par with football players weekly wages!

We have an owner in Sir Tom Farmer who I am indebted to for saving my heritage, my life, my first love. However, he doesn’t have to pay an entrance fee to endure what we endure and he probably doesn’t have to pay for other things us supporters have to pay for! Yet with his surplus cash, more cash than anyone who follows Hibernian will not match and refuses to dig deep into his pockets and donate player budget money to help put a team on the park that is capable of stringing a couple of victories together.

The strap line ‘Together we are Stronger’ is total nosh if our owner does not stand together with us supporters!! I personally feel it is time for Sir Tom to ‘stand up and be counted’ before his life saving heroics of my biggest local club goes down the plug hole.

This man is a businessman who knows other businessmen, surely he must look for other investment instead of requesting us penny poor supporters to feed his business!!!

Sir Tom - Donate to Pat Fenlon so he can bring in four new players, please!!!! Before it is too late.

Sense of perspective needed: are you really saying this is the worst time ever for the club? Worse than going bust in 1888; wose than the 20s; worse than the 80s? I get the impression you are saying this is the worst you can remember, that's a different thing.

As for the stuff about us feeding STFs business - get real. I doubt if he gains in any big way from owning Hibs, and he must have loads of other ways he can make money. Oh, and the other thing about how much you spend at games, do you not have free will. Are you saing you don't have the capacity to keep your life balanced?

It's a leisure activity, it ranks pretty low on the scale of what's important in life. Take a step back, and think again.

JustSimplyHibs
06-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Sense of perspective needed: are you really saying this is the worst time ever for the club? Worse than going bust in 1888; wose than the 20s; worse than the 80s? I get the impression you are saying this is the worst you can remember, that's a different thing.

As for the stuff about us feeding STFs business - get real. I doubt if he gains in any big way from owning Hibs, and he must have loads of other ways he can make money. Oh, and the other thing about how much you spend at games, do you not have free will. Are you saing you don't have the capacity to keep your life balanced?

It's a leisure activity, it ranks pretty low on the scale of what's important in life. Take a step back, and think again.

Yes it is the worst, in 1888 the Irish Cathloic population were more interested in forming Celtic than looking after the East charity, in the1920s the Old Firm were begining a grip in Scottish Football and was this not the period when Hibs first regarded their team to be a truely great side and reached consecutive SFA cup finals in 23 and 24? The 1980s lead to 1990/91 season and Mercer - I have thanked Sir Tom in my post for saving my heritage. Anyway am pretty sure any of the 80s side would walk all over the current side.

Sir Tom has gained, land in Stration for our propsed move, land in East Lothian to develop further. If you read the post it is more a plea for him to dip into his SURPLUS cash and DONATE money to Pat Fenlon to purchase 4 players and stop the rut!!!!Highlighting the Fans have answered a rally call from Petrie and asking if Farmer can match the supporters who have already parted with cash. (he can afford too)

Life is well balanced wee man, cancelled my Season Ticket direct debit, bought my self a new set of golf clubs and I'm now off to book a holiday for next year, then off to the pictures to watch DarkKnight....thanks for asking by the way :aok:

Kaiser1962
06-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Sir Tom has gained, land in Stration for our propsed move, land in East Lothian to develop further. If you read the post it is more a plea for him to dip into his SURPLUS cash and DONATE money to Pat Fenlon to purchase 4 players and stop the rut!!!!Highlighting the Fans have answered a rally call from Petrie and asking if Farmer can match the supporters who have already parted with cash. (he can afford too)

What land at Straiton are you on about? And how did he gain from this land?

DarlingtonHibee
06-08-2012, 02:46 PM
Yes it is the worst, in 1888 the Irish Cathloic population were more interested in forming Celtic than looking after the East charity, in the1920s the Old Firm were begining a grip in Scottish Football and was this not the period when Hibs first regarded their team to be a truely great side and reached consecutive SFA cup finals in 23 and 24? The 1980s lead to 1990/91 season and Mercer - I have thanked Sir Tom in my post for saving my heritage. Anyway am pretty sure any of the 80s side would walk all over the current side.

Life is well balanced wee man, cancelled my Season Ticket direct debit, bought my self a new set of golf clubs and I'm now off to book a holiday for next year, then off to the pictures to watch DarkKnight....thanks for asking by the way :aok:

Bye

HibsMax
06-08-2012, 03:00 PM
It's a tricky one HM. There has to be some kind of payoff in the end, otherwise it's just wind and pish designed to extract cash to fund a failing product.

I've said it before: last season and before we've been looking up the table at clubs with smaller resources doing far better than us. They put out sides that are tough to beat, always seem up for it and work well together. Something is rotten and stagnant at Hibs. I've no idea what it is but until it's fixed, we're going nowhere. No amount of summers of changes or standing up and being counted or working together is going to change the product pitchside. It's like rearranging the proverbial deck chairs. The club needs change at the very top, but while STF is the owner, Petrie is staying where he is: after all in STFs eyes, he wishes he could have 100 Petries.

No doubt they are both well intentioned but I'm not confident things can be turned around meaningfully on their watch.

I said the same thing last season. We've changed pretty much everything there is to change. I know it's not scientific but a process of elimination would seem to leave us with only one thing left to change.

HibsMax
06-08-2012, 03:08 PM

Given out current predicament I don't see anything wrong with hoping for our opposition being weaker than us so that we can survive. It's not where we want to be (same as being just "OK" is not what we want to be) but staying in the SPL while we rebuild is surely a positive thing? I am not saying it's a lofty goal. I am not saying it's something to be proud about. I am saying that it's better then being punted down a division though.

JustSimplyHibs
06-08-2012, 03:09 PM
What land at Straiton are you on about? And how did he gain from this land?

The land he aquired, using Hibs as an excuse when sorting out the problems we faced in the 90s, he planned to groundshare with Hearts over a decade ago, the land where the shops are, Ikea, Saisburys, Halfords, Argos and Next!

That land, if memory serves right think the company he set up was under MA3 Stration or something. He has made millions from it!

HibsMax
06-08-2012, 03:14 PM

Up the Alamo !!!!!

Speaking for myself, there's a HUGE difference between what I expect from Hibs and what I would settle for. I don't want Hibs to be a side that battles with relegation year in and year out but I will take survival over the drop any time. If that comes about because there are teams that are worse that us (just a negative way of saying Hibs are actually better than other teams to be honest) then I will take it. Staying in the SPL should be a given for Hibs but since it's not, it's something I hope we do so that we can continue to try and rebuild.

Famous5forever
06-08-2012, 03:17 PM
I said the same thing last season. We've changed pretty much everything there is to change. I know it's not scientific but a process of elimination would seem to leave us with only one thing left to change.

2 actually Petrie and Paddy i will personally offer to drive them away on the day they go.

DarlingtonHibee
06-08-2012, 03:19 PM
2 actually Petrie and Paddy i will personally offer to drive them away on the day they go.

And your replacements are ?

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2012, 03:23 PM

I'd go for the chuckle brothers, at least we'd get the odd laugh with them.

Kaiser1962
06-08-2012, 03:26 PM
The land he aquired, using Hibs as an excuse when sorting out the problems we faced in the 90s, he planned to groundshare with Hearts over a decade ago, the land where the shops are, Ikea, Saisburys, Halfords, Argos and Next!

That land, if memory serves right think the company he set up was under MA3 Stration or something. He has made millions from it!

What has this land got to do with Hibs?

Farmer (and Tom Harrison through their Morston Group) owned land at Straiton long before Farmer was involved with Hibs and you will find that they own great swathes of land throughout Britain.

The land that was to be used for the groundshare was to be sold to the club, by STF, for £1 when it was looking like both clubs were going to have to sell their stadiums to clear debts accrued during years of "speculating to accumulate".

Hibs never owned any land at Straiton so i would be interested to hear how he used "Hibs as an excuse"

Famous5forever
06-08-2012, 03:28 PM

Laurel and Hardy at least we could laugh at them instead of Crying

DarlingtonHibee
06-08-2012, 03:30 PM
I'd go for the chuckle brothers, at least we'd get the odd laugh with them.

I think that is the point many posters have been trying to make - all we hear is get rid of STF and RP - but no one has a credible alternative.

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2012, 03:33 PM
I think that is the point many posters have been trying to make - all we hear is get rid of STF and RP - but no one has a credible alternative.

What is STF's role now, why own a club and watch it drown?

DarlingtonHibee
06-08-2012, 03:34 PM
What is STF's role now, why own a club and watch it drown?

Again, I willask - what is the alternative

Lee
06-08-2012, 04:03 PM
The next two weeks are absolutely vital in my eyes - TV money has now been sorted out, we've increased our overall total ST sales from last year and there's now NO excuse to see that additional income (and the Osborne money) now being invested in the team.

We've been asked as supporters to stand up and be counted - and I think all in all we have this summer, despite being fed the same line in the past - so lets see how the board responds between now and the end of the window (preferably before 11:59 on 31st August of course!)

NAE NOOKIE
06-08-2012, 04:58 PM

Thats the point though.

Its not up to us to find a credible alternative ... its up to STF to find a credible alternative. Everything has a shelf life, STF even offloaded Kwik Fit when the chance came and dont tell me he didnt have more of an emotional attachment to that than Hibs.

In the case of Kwik Fit it was because ( I presume ) he received an offer he couldnt refuse. In the case of Hibs he must be aware that as a football club on the park we have gone backwards in the last 5 years. If he is not the man to sort that problem, then it is good business I would have though to seriously make an effort to find someone who can.

Sir Tom Farmer saved this club from a disaster, his efforts to drag the club into the 21st century off the park have been superb.

But at the end of the day this is a football club. The superb stadium and fantastic training complex count for nothing if the stands are empty and a poor manager and rubbish players are using our fantastic facilities.

Long before the cup final I was asking for STF to find a buyer for the club and even if we hump the Yams 3 - 0 on Sunday I wont think any different ........... 3 - 0 .... ha ha ha ha ha ... sorry ... ho ho ho, he he he .... what fring planet am I on.

Anyway .... the bottom line for STF is this ... like it or not he is in the football business and for a number of his 20 odd years at ER he has managed to avoid the anger of the supporters through all the bad times, which have well outnumbered the good times. There are very few ( if any ) owners who have managed this.

Well .... sorry STF but the times they are a changin'

WHUHibs
06-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Did you know these investors personally and were privvy to the discussions that took place?

I think, and others have suggested as well, that a trust set up for future ownership of the club is well underway. STF is now 71 and, as a football club (any football club not just Hibs) it is worth next to nothing, we have seen this throughout the summer with Rangers. If STF is looking for any sort of financial payback he would be better off selling the lot for development as it will realise much more money than selling a loss making business.

If he was as "hard nosed" as you suggest that is.

Yes I was privy to those discussions. In fact in a so called private meeting between the accountants, lawyers and the people involved a photographer turned up. Later found out it was organised by Stf pr guru..very dissapointing, and damaging!!!!

147lothian
06-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Thats the point though.

Its not up to us to find a credible alternative ... its up to STF to find a credible alternative. Everything has a shelf life, STF even offloaded Kwik Fit when the chance came and dont tell me he didnt have more of an emotional attachment to that than Hibs.

In the case of Kwik Fit it was because ( I presume ) he received an offer he couldnt refuse. In the case of Hibs he must be aware that as a football club on the park we have gone backwards in the last 5 years. If he is not the man to sort that problem, then it is good business I would have though to seriously make an effort to find someone who can.

Sir Tom Farmer saved this club from a disaster, his efforts to drag the club into the 21st century off the park have been superb.

But at the end of the day this is a football club. The superb stadium and fantastic training complex count for nothing if the stands are empty and a poor manager and rubbish players are using our fantastic facilities.

Long before the cup final I was asking for STF to find a buyer for the club and even if we hump the Yams 3 - 0 on Sunday I wont think any different ........... 3 - 0 .... ha ha ha ha ha ... sorry ... ho ho ho, he he he .... what fring planet am I on.

Anyway .... the bottom line for STF is this ... like it or not he is in the football business and for a number of his 20 odd years at ER he has managed to avoid the anger of the supporters through all the bad times, which have well outnumbered the good times. There are very few ( if any ) owners who have managed this.

Well .... sorry STF but the times they are a changin'

STF and petrie support hibs in the same way as Green supports the huns, all we are is a cash cow to them, as far as income goes Hibs are the forth biggest club, as far as players budget goes, it's plain to see were miles behind, even st johnstones and motherwell. It's plain to see that the free agents that other teams don't want on low wages are just not good enough.

I'll tell you what the alternative is its a fans take over, that way we can be sure that the money going into Hibs goes to the manager to spend on the squad. But since Hibs are in debt do you think theirs any chance of Farmer selling Hibs for a pound?

Famous5forever
06-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Its time petrie done the right thing and walked away

Baldy Foghorn
06-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Its time petrie done the right thing and walked away

He won't, as long as STF is here

HFC 0-7
06-08-2012, 07:15 PM
STF and petrie support hibs in the same way as Green supports the huns, all we are is a cash cow to them, as far as income goes Hibs are the forth biggest club, as far as players budget goes, it's plain to see were miles behind, even st johnstones and motherwell. It's plain to see that the free agents that other teams don't want on low wages are just not good enough.

I'll tell you what the alternative is its a fans take over, that way we can be sure that the money going into Hibs goes to the manager to spend on the squad. But since Hibs are in debt do you think theirs any chance of Farmer selling Hibs for a pound?

As much as I think something is very wrong with Hibs at the moment, do you think Petrie and STF are taking a lot of cash out of hibs. petrie may take a wage but I doubt STF is making anything out of them. He probably could if he wanted by loaning a decent wage with interest, but he isnt as far as I know. Perhaps that is the answer to our problems, STF loaning us money, applying reasonable interest and paying it back over a longer term, it would be better than a bank loan. I think you are off the mark in your assessment of STF's and Petrie's involvement.

Farmer wouldnt sell the club to the fans for a pound as he would need to save us the following season when we post losses and the fans cant cover them. like it or not we need someone with money behind us to make sure we keep going, I just wish they would release some!

FitbaFolkKen
06-08-2012, 07:28 PM

If Motherwells budget is miles ahead then why would Clancy get a better deal here than there?????

Our player budget is wehre it should be, however a lot of it has been spent on rubbish.

DarlingtonHibee
06-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Yes I was privy to those discussions. In fact in a so called private meeting between the accountants, lawyers and the people involved a photographer turned up. Later found out it was organised by Stf pr guru..very dissapointing, and damaging!!!!

Are you going to name the two investors that you "brought" to the table 20 year's ago ?

Sorry, but find the above very difficult to believe..... unless you can verify it with some names.