PDA

View Full Version : Sky sports

churchy35
04-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Sky sports , increased by £3.25 a month. Is it because of the tv deal?

HibbyAndy
04-08-2012, 02:15 PM
I blame Petrie:agree:

reidy
04-08-2012, 02:42 PM
It will be due to the new premiership deal they have

iwasthere1972
04-08-2012, 02:56 PM
I wouldn't give them a penny. They take too much money out of Scotland and give us back peanuts. Got rid of Sky as there are plenty good links nowadays to watch fitba.

Golden Bear
04-08-2012, 03:05 PM
I wouldn't give them a penny. They take too much money out of Scotland and give us back peanuts. Got rid of Sky as there are plenty good links nowadays to watch fitba.

Aye, but there is also a sports world without fitba.

:smokin

HibbyKeith
04-08-2012, 03:17 PM
I've just got rid of my sky subscription after about 12 years. changed over to virgin, who have given me multi room and a 1TB TiVo box in the living room (SKY box hdd was only 80GB) increased my net speed from 30mb to 100mb and I'm still better off each month.

So far I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the virgin on demand service.

Just Alf
04-08-2012, 03:41 PM

You must be obe of the lucky ones! .... I think I only ever managed to find one watchable stream last season :boo hoo:

BEEJ
04-08-2012, 05:05 PM
Sky sports , increased by £3.25 a month. Is it because of the tv deal?
No it's because they have a virtual monopoly and most of their client base (despite the recession) will just go along with it and pay the bills.

I don't have Sky Sports and I wouldn't be inclined to take the service no matter how cheap they made it.

iwasthere1972
04-08-2012, 06:07 PM
I was offered half price sports for a year to stay with them but turned them down.

The Harp
04-08-2012, 06:13 PM
No it's because they have a virtual monopoly and most of their client base (despite the recession) will just go along with it and pay the bills.

I don't have Sky Sports and I wouldn't be inclined to take the service no matter how cheap they made it.

Couldn't agree more. Continued over-exposure of football on TV is killing the game as a spectator sport particularly at the level that the Scottish game is at just now.

marinello59
04-08-2012, 06:23 PM

Dodgy stream or big screen HD coverage of Fitba. Cricket , Speedway, NFL and more. Far too much for me to ever give it up. Actually I rarely watch Fitba on Sky, prefer that live.