PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Saturday's Games

SteveHFC
04-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Why should the Aberdeen players applaud the celtic team? :confused:

Billy Whizz
04-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Celtic not lost an opening day SPl fixture since 1997. Against Hibs where Larsson made his debut and I think Charnley if I can remember, possibly scored the Winner

R'Albin
04-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Once again, beating them 9-0 :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-08-2012, 12:01 PM
Eh?

HH81
04-08-2012, 12:03 PM
Been poor game so far.

stokesmessiah
04-08-2012, 12:09 PM
Been poor game so far.

You must of missed Samaras getting a boot in the chops....!

HH81
04-08-2012, 12:12 PM
You must of missed Samaras getting a boot in the chops....!

That's defo been the highlight.

Kojock
04-08-2012, 12:15 PM
Celtic not lost an opening day SPl fixture since 1997. Against Hibs where Larsson made his debut and I think Charnley if I can remember, possibly scored the Winner

I remember being at that game and when Larsson made a mistake the East Terrace started singing "What a waste of money" That didnt half come back and bite us on the bum. :agree:

Elephant Stone
04-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Why should the Aberdeen players applaud the celtic team? :confused:

I thought the champions' opponents always did for the opening match. It looks decent, IMO.

stokesmessiah
04-08-2012, 12:25 PM
I remember being at that game and when Larsson made a mistake the East Terrace started singing "What a waste of money" That didnt half come back and bite us on the bum. :agree:

I mind being at that game also...this guy that used to sit in front of us was spitting feathers when Larsson came on as he was wearing a hairband.

Just Alf
04-08-2012, 12:29 PM
I mind being at that game also...this guy that used to sit in front of us was spitting feathers when Larsson came on as he was wearing a hairband.

And was that no the game that Charnley gave Larrsons 'dreads' an accidental tug or two? :D

DAVE1875
04-08-2012, 12:31 PM
Aberdeen doing quite well. Have threatened Celtic a few times. Wonder if Celtic will come out more determined after Frodo has put a few holes in the changing room roof going off his head at them

SteveHFC
04-08-2012, 12:32 PM
http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=70348:not worth

CalgaryHibs
04-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Well nil nil at the half zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Franck Stanton
04-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Is it 0-0 because Aberdeen are playing well, or because Celtic are playing bad ?

joe breezy
04-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Aberdeen should have scored there, just had to keep the baw doon

Another corner now

cabbageandribs1875
04-08-2012, 01:08 PM
the dons don't look too dandy with those white shorts

as for that f***** drum ram it ffs

joe breezy
04-08-2012, 01:13 PM
Celtic playing pretty poor, Aberdeen need a bit more edge ie a goal

cabbageandribs1875
04-08-2012, 01:25 PM
quite a crappy goal to lose 1-0 sellick

infact, terrible goal to lose langfield

HH81
04-08-2012, 01:26 PM
1-0 Celtic keeper error.

Langfield :rolleyes:

Mcpakeisgod
Jamie langfield . Hang your head

Diclonius
Anyone disappointed we never signed Langfield now?

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-08-2012, 01:27 PM
What an Elmer!

Pretty Boy
04-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Langfield is absolutely honking.

PeterboroHibee
04-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Langfield is absolutely honking.

Hes got the nickname Clangers for a reason!

Its a bit unfortunate as Celtic havent looked great, but Langfield has been having howlers his entire career, no idea why Brown has picked him over their other keeper.

Off the bar
04-08-2012, 01:51 PM

was that no the game where that rank icelandic keeper ole gotskalson made his debut? remember thinking after the game that we'd made a great signing and celtic had bought a dud did'nt take long to realise how wrong I was!

cabbageandribs1875
04-08-2012, 01:52 PM
FT Dynamo Moscow reserves 2 v Spartak Moscow reserves 0

just incase anyone had them on the coupon :greengrin

stokesmessiah
04-08-2012, 02:00 PM
Anyone got a link to open all mics?

Steve-O
04-08-2012, 02:03 PM
I watched most of that Celtic v Aberdeen game and it was absolutely HORRIFIC. Celtic are rubbish, Aberdeen are worse, and why anyone should think the SPL is a foregone conclusion is beyond me.

Pretty Boy
04-08-2012, 02:08 PM
was that no the game where that rank icelandic keeper ole gotskalson made his debut? remember thinking after the game that we'd made a great signing and celtic had bought a dud did'nt take long to realise how wrong I was!

Yep.

Oli turned out to be honking. Larsson turned out to be absolute class, Celtic won the league and we got relegated.

Shows you shouldn't read much into one game really.

Piqué
04-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Thank goodness Langfield was back to his best! Had 250 quid on that amongst others. Still in the game for now :greengrin

HibbyAndy
04-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Gary Naysmith is *****:agree:

Off the bar
04-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Anyone got a link to open all mics?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/scottish/

Off the bar
04-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Yep.

Oli turned out to be honking. Larsson turned out to be absolute class, Celtic won the league and we got relegated.

Shows you shouldn't read much into one game really.

apparently, he is goally because when he went to football trials he was wearing gloves as it was cold so they put him in goal, can't remember a worse hibs keeper rank rotten

Mikey
04-08-2012, 02:23 PM
We're second bottom :grr:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/live-scores/scottish-premier

R'Albin
04-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Open all mics link for whoever was asking.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_scotland

Hainan Hibs
04-08-2012, 02:31 PM
Penalty to Hearts

Billy Whizz
04-08-2012, 02:32 PM
1-0 Hearts, Sutton penalty unfortunately

Billy Whizz
04-08-2012, 02:38 PM
St Johnstone done to 10 men, Tade straight red card. How lucky are these Jambos, wonder if Craig Thomson is the ref?

Hiber-nation
04-08-2012, 02:44 PM
St Johnstone done to 10 men, Tade straight red card. How lucky are these Jambos, wonder if Craig Thomson is the ref?

Can't be - he's reffing us tomorrow.

Hear now that its Stevie O'Reilly, a "tangle" in the box :grr:

Billy Whizz
04-08-2012, 02:47 PM

Just meant that Thomson favours THEM

Hainan Hibs
04-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Inverness 1 nil down to St Mirren:thumbsup:

Would be great to have the opportunity to go three points clear of our fellow relegation candidates tomorrow:greengrin:offski:

EdinMike
04-08-2012, 02:50 PM
Hearts win a Pen and the opposition team are down to 10 men in the opening 45 minutes of the season ?!

Standard Season again then !

Golden Bear
04-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Ex Hibees Lee Currie (2) and Phil Addison (1) today's scorers for Berwick Rangers against Raith Rovers.

It's now 3-3

rcarter1
04-08-2012, 03:31 PM

Hmmm. :hmmm: Steve O'Reilly is one of those refs that over the last five years gives us significantly more bookings than the opposition (More than 1.5 bookings to Hibs per booking to opposition).

Also in that group are C Murray, M McCurry, and S Conroy.

C Thomson seems to have only recently had it in for us, as over the last 5 years he isn't as bad as those above. :bitchy:

Golden Bear
04-08-2012, 03:33 PM
Thunder & Lightning and *ishin doon at many of today's games.

Summer fitba ye're having a laugh.

:wink:

cad
04-08-2012, 03:56 PM
See Livi rattled in 8 away, from home,is that a record ??

hibsbollah
04-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Jambos top of the league. I predict they might split the old firm again.

Golden Bear
04-08-2012, 04:18 PM

Droll, very droll.

:greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-08-2012, 04:18 PM

:tee hee:

Bostonhibby
04-08-2012, 04:24 PM

Is this the season they finally win Champions League as well, or am I trapped in 2008? Sure I read somewhere that someone predicted it.:confused:

Franck Stanton
04-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Just saw the Celtic goal on the news - to say it was a goalkeeping error is something of a massive understatement - reminded me of some of the howlers Zibbi made whilst playing [if that is the correct terminoligy] for us. What a howler.

chrisski33
04-08-2012, 05:21 PM

Everyone in spl will split the old firm as rangers are in the 3rd div!

hibsbollah
04-08-2012, 05:27 PM

:cb

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-08-2012, 05:31 PM
One thing's for sure the yaks won't be winning any league at any time despite them continuously blowing their trumpets about it, I honestly think the authorities will be after them this season about the appalling debt situation yet still signing players even with getting rid of the likes of ratchel etc plus that rust bucket "stadium" must be a health hazard.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-08-2012, 05:33 PM

Whoosh!

truehibernian
04-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Hmmm. :hmmm: Steve O'Reilly is one of those refs that over the last five years gives us significantly more bookings than the opposition (More than 1.5 bookings to Hibs per booking to opposition).

Also in that group are C Murray, M McCurry, and S Conroy.

C Thomson seems to have only recently had it in for us, as over the last 5 years he isn't as bad as those above. :bitchy:

I was at the Hearts game today and I have to say that the officials were very good. Hearts penalty was a penalty as was the sending off - I spoke briefly with Steve Lomas and he agreed with both, however he was raging that the linesman missed an elbow in the opening few minutes.

My impression of Hearts - McGlynn looked out his depth (as in overawed) and was taking instructions from a member of the coaching team in the stand. The Hearts team set up to be quite attacking however it was blatantly obvious that they lack quality now in midfield. Templeton was their star man and had a really good game - McGowan was being played just behind Sutton and was like a fish out of water, very poor - Driver was on the right and was poor all game.

Next week, Hibs can really exploit their new young fullbacks - McHattie and I think his name is Callum Paterson were at full back and were getting caught continually inside - Saints, down to 10 men, kept Hearts pinned in their own half when they went 4-1-3-1 with wee Hasselbaink on Paterson and Liam Craig occupying McHattie - Hibs need to press up the pitch and force Hearts to play the ball.

They played Scott Robinson in the holding role and to be honest Locke and Co were getting really frustrated with him - they miss Black and definitely miss Skacel. Taouil came on and made a wee difference.

Really wasn't impressed with St Johnstone today though - in Tade they have a player who looks slow and crude - Hasselbaink was a constant menace, Davidson looked disinterested and they looked quite one dimensional for a Saints/Lomas team which was surprising.

Neither team impressed me today, but more importantly Hibs have nothing to fear next week. Get stuck into their midfield and limit the space. Their threat will come out wide and at set pieces, but if our midfield presses and plays with a bit of width and up the pitch I can see us getting a win :agree:.

LeighLoyal
04-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Too bad Langfield let in that howler. It was a mob betting syndicate special!

hibsbollah
04-08-2012, 08:37 PM
I was at the Hearts game today and I have to say that the officials were very good. Hearts penalty was a penalty as was the sending off - I spoke briefly with Steve Lomas and he agreed with both, however he was raging that the linesman missed an elbow in the opening few minutes.

My impression of Hearts - McGlynn looked out his depth (as in overawed) and was taking instructions from a member of the coaching team in the stand. The Hearts team set up to be quite attacking however it was blatantly obvious that they lack quality now in midfield. Templeton was their star man and had a really good game - McGowan was being played just behind Sutton and was like a fish out of water, very poor - Driver was on the right and was poor all game.

Next week, Hibs can really exploit their new young fullbacks - McHattie and I think his name is Callum Paterson were at full back and were getting caught continually inside - Saints, down to 10 men, kept Hearts pinned in their own half when they went 4-1-3-1 with wee Hasselbaink on Paterson and Liam Craig occupying McHattie - Hibs need to press up the pitch and force Hearts to play the ball.

They played Scott Robinson in the holding role and to be honest Locke and Co were getting really frustrated with him - they miss Black and definitely miss Skacel. Taouil came on and made a wee difference.

Really wasn't impressed with St Johnstone today though - in Tade they have a player who looks slow and crude - Hasselbaink was a constant menace, Davidson looked disinterested and they looked quite one dimensional for a Saints/Lomas team which was surprising.

Neither team impressed me today, but more importantly Hibs have nothing to fear next week. Get stuck into their midfield and limit the space. Their threat will come out wide and at set pieces, but if our midfield presses and plays with a bit of width and up the pitch I can see us getting a win :agree:.

Good to hear :agree: im still pessimistic though :greengrin

truehibernian
04-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Good to hear :agree: im still pessimistic though :greengrin

Don't get me wrong bollah, they are a big side still - but the lack of depth on the bench (and quality) was plain to see. Any injuries this season, or suspensions, or indeed sales - Hearts I think will be quite average in my opinion.

I also see it didn't take Black long to spend his new found wealth after seeing his new motor - and they paraded the cup.......must admit to that giving me the slight boak !

renato
04-08-2012, 09:06 PM
How did they line up at the front TH, Templeton and Driver out wide with McGowan supporting Sutton? Did they link up well and do you think they'll stick to their recent derby tactics and stretch us wide and isolate our full backs?

I really hope Fenlon is wary this time.

IWasThere2016
04-08-2012, 09:09 PM
What were the SPL crowds today?

truehibernian
04-08-2012, 09:21 PM
How did they line up at the front TH, Templeton and Driver out wide with McGowan supporting Sutton? Did they link up well and do you think they'll stick to their recent derby tactics and stretch us wide and isolate our full backs?

They played a diamond - Templeton started left, Driver on right - Sutton up top, supported where possible by McGowan, who was proving both ineffectual and awkward. Robinson played some kind of holding role but his decision making is poor and he reacts poorly when put under pressure.

Full backs looked nervy which was to be expected, but neither seemed to want to commit going forward and they got caught inside a few times, especially by Hasselbaink. Webster and Zaliukas looked composed, however Tade is and was murder so he didn't work them.

Saints played well second half and better with 10 - they pressed higher up the pitch and made Hearts play deep and venture into long ball stuff (when football wasn't working :greengrin)

Saints went 4-1-3-1 which worked - but eventually the heat and chasing the game tired them and to be fair, Hearts did gain a little momentum last 10 minutes.

Nothing though made me fearful - more worrying for the Hearts fans was that directions and instructions seemed to be coming from a member of their coaching team (who has recently been promoted) - McGlynn looked like he was a wee bit 'rabbit in headlights' second half when Hearts were pinned in..........Saints look very one dimensional have to say, but again, they had chances to sneak an equalizer a few times.

truehibernian
04-08-2012, 09:27 PM

Sorry....as for our tactics......for me I would play Cairney and Leigh out right and left with Caldwell through the middle.......whoever plays full back will need it impressed upon him that Templeton 99 times out of 100 needs to get that ball onto his right foot so he will cut inside when he can........so our central defenders need to be on their toes too.

Barr played midfield, but again, if you press Darren he is poor under pressure (I think).

So my humble opinion is to play a 4-2-3-1, but a real pressing game, high tempo, in your face style game. They miss the composure of Black and the directness and support play of Skacel in midfield.

renato
04-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Great descriptive summary, thanks. I also think the high pressure game is key and, sadly, something we've failed miserably at, hence them (and in particular black) dominating way too much unfortunately.

Hovehibby
04-08-2012, 09:58 PM
What were the SPL crowds today?

Yams 13,022 - bout the same as last season
Ross County 4,828 - well done for the first game
Killie 6,523 - very poor - one third full...........
St Midden 4,128 - ditto, only half full
Celtic 48,251 - 12,000 under capacity, hmmmmmm

truehibernian
04-08-2012, 10:53 PM
Yams 13,022 - bout the same as last season
Ross County 4,828 - well done for the first game
Killie 6,523 - very poor - one third full...........
St Midden 4,128 - ditto, only half full
Celtic 48,251 - 12,000 under capacity, hmmmmmm

Hearts have now sold around 8260 seasons I was told today - which I thought was quite poor for the big team. As for 13,000 today - no danger :wink:

frazeHFC
04-08-2012, 10:59 PM
The lad Paterson was year below me at school. Only 17 and apparently had a cracking game today, for a competitive debut. Seems they have a few young talents coming through but if those 2 are at full back next week then get Sproule on one and Griffiths on the other imo.

truehibernian
04-08-2012, 11:15 PM
The lad Paterson was year below me at school. Only 17 and apparently had a cracking game today, for a competitive debut. Seems they have a few young talents coming through but if those 2 are at full back next week then get Sproule on one and Griffiths on the other imo.

Trust me, no he didn't - had a thunderous shot from a set piece free kick which hit the bar - but was found out all game by Hasselbaink second half. Looked nervous, which yep to be expected, but first half wasn't really helped by Webster and Zaliukas who were content to play easy passes.

Whoever told you he had a cracking game is watching through maroon tinted specs and needs to perhaps watch more football mate. Their MOTM was Templeton by a distance - other than that nobody really caught my eye.

frazeHFC
04-08-2012, 11:19 PM
Trust me, no he didn't - had a thunderous shot from a set piece free kick which hit the bar - but was found out all game by Hasselbaink second half. Looked nervous, which yep to be expected, but first half wasn't really helped by Webster and Zaliukas who were content to play easy passes.

Whoever told you he had a cracking game is watching through maroon tinted specs and needs to perhaps watch more football mate. Their MOTM was Templeton by a distance - other than that nobody really caught my eye.

Was on kickback i read it, so yes maybe a bit marroon tinted. :greengrin Hope he does well tbh, so long as the rest of the team is *****!

truehibernian
04-08-2012, 11:30 PM
Was on kickback i read it, so yes maybe a bit marroon tinted. :greengrin Hope he does well tbh, so long as the rest of the team is *****!

I'm fed up saying it this last 2 seasons but Hibs need to go for the throat and play 'in your face football' v Hearts and the penny never ever drops with previous teams.....hopefully PF gets this message into them next week - which means really going for the jugular and playing strength against weakness - and Hearts full backs today were their weakness along with Robinson in the middle of the park.

Lomas was quite clever today when he saw that Hearts were disjointed (once Saints went to 10) - they pressed and their 3 behind Vine streched Hearts - Hibs always play far too narrow and never ever test Hearts in the wide areas....this has to change to get results.

Cairney on the right, Leigh on the left, and they alternate (albeit this won't be Leigh's best position in my opinion) - with Ross Caldwell through the middle to split Webster/Zaliukas. Spoony playing centrally just off Ross with Lewis and Claros playing higher up the pitch and pressing Robinson and Barr.......I'd play McPake and Clancy v Sutton..........right back is the tricky one as it is where we lack depth in any shape or form. Maybury (if signed) would be a good option.

frazeHFC
04-08-2012, 11:36 PM
I'm fed up saying it this last 2 seasons but Hibs need to go for the throat and play 'in your face football' v Hearts and the penny never ever drops with previous teams.....hopefully PF gets this message into them next week - which means really going for the jugular and playing strength against weakness - and Hearts full backs today were their weakness along with Robinson in the middle of the park.

Lomas was quite clever today when he saw that Hearts were disjointed (once Saints went to 10) - they pressed and their 3 behind Vine streched Hearts - Hibs always play far too narrow and never ever test Hearts in the wide areas....this has to change to get results.

Cairney on the right, Leigh on the left, and they alternate (albeit this won't be Leigh's best position in my opinion) - with Ross Caldwell through the middle to split Webster/Zaliukas. Spoony playing centrally just off Ross with Lewis and Claros playing higher up the pitch and pressing Robinson and Barr.......I'd play McPake and Clancy v Sutton..........right back is the tricky one as it is where we lack depth in any shape or form. Maybury (if signed) would be a good option.

I definately agree, especially about getting in the throats of young players in particular. They will be nervous and unexperienced so a bit of pace and skill against them is needed.