PDA

View Full Version : Who drops out for Deegan?

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2012, 08:07 AM
Its either Claros or Stevenson i'd imagine?

Mikey
04-08-2012, 08:08 AM
Both :greengrin

goosefat
04-08-2012, 08:12 AM
Its either Claros or Stevenson i'd imagine?
It's possible you could side-line both, replace them with Doyle and Deegan and have Caldwell & Griffiths upfront. Whenever I watch Doyle he seems to have a better touch as a playmaker than a goal scorer.

danhibees1875
04-08-2012, 08:17 AM
Have we signed him? Or is this hypothetical?

Gala Foxes
04-08-2012, 08:19 AM
http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/18915-Deegan-to-hibs

Interesting comments from Cov City supporters - particularly the RoD note !

Take it Deegan is banned from twitter ?

Cocaine&Caviar
04-08-2012, 08:27 AM
_________Williams

Clancy___McPake___Hanlon___Booth

_________Deegan___Cairney

Griffiths_____Wotherspoon___Doyle

_____________Caldwell

AlbertK86
04-08-2012, 08:33 AM
Anyone of the five that started last couple of games

I would go with a mid 4

Cairney
Claros
Deegan
Booth

With Griffiths and Doyle/Caldwell up front

danhibees1875
04-08-2012, 08:36 AM
_________Williams

_____________Caldwell

Looks good. :agree:

Although I wouldn't want young Caldwell leading the line, I hope we sign a big CF ( Sheridan?) and just slowly introduce Caldwell this season. I also don't think PF rates Booth which is a shame. And I don't rate Doyle and PF does which is equally a shame; love to be proved wrong though!

PeterboroHibee
04-08-2012, 08:56 AM
I like the idea of Cairney and Deegan, if he signs, playing as our midfield pair, although are they not both considered 'attacking' midfielders? Someone needs to have some discipline and protect the back 4.

Realistically I think it would only be one of Stevenson or Claros dropping out. Im not a big fan of either of them, but Id rather keep Stevenson in; hes our player, and I think defensively he has slightly more about him than Claros.

LeighLoyal
04-08-2012, 09:12 AM
I like the idea of Cairney and Deegan, if he signs, playing as our midfield pair, although are they not both considered 'attacking' midfielders? Someone needs to have some discipline and protect the back 4.

Realistically I think it would only be one of Stevenson or Claros dropping out. Im not a big fan of either of them, but Id rather keep Stevenson in; hes our player, and I think defensively he has slightly more about him than Claros.

You mean his work rate is higher, but Claros could be the better player.

Sproule Claros Deegan Cairney

:agree:

lucky
04-08-2012, 09:18 AM
If he signs then it has to be for Claros. But having never seen him play I don't know if he is better than we have.

Williams
Clancy
McPake
Hanlon
Kujabi

Sproule
Crainey
Deegan
Doyle
Spoony

Griffiths

NAE NOOKIE
04-08-2012, 10:28 AM
_________Williams

_____________Caldwell

Having seen Cairney against Huddersfield he is deffo an attacking midfielder, likes a tackle as well though. Can see him at left mid and Ivan on right. Which leaves PF to sort out our woefull middle. If Deegan can tackle, pass and is fit he will be in.

I'll admit I have never been a student of formations and such.

But, Dundee Utd are all about the front 3 so 4 2 3 1 is probably the way to go

Against the Yams we will need to choke off the supply to their wide men, which means 4 5 1 .... something we should have had in mind at Hampden and a lesson PF has learned I hope. As I've said before, it wouldnt hurt to chop a few yards off the width of the pitch at ER as well, at least for that game. Though I presume that pitch size is declared at the start of the season and cant be changed.

Dont get me wrong .... I hate the thought of not playing 2 up front at home .. but it might be the right tactic against them.

Cocaine&Caviar
04-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Having seen Cairney against Huddersfield he is deffo an attacking midfielder, likes a tackle as well though.

Having seen him for a whole 28 minutes or something then?

Hermit Crab
04-08-2012, 11:03 AM
We've got to sign him first before anyone drops out ;)

500miles
04-08-2012, 11:15 AM

The 15 goals he scored for Partick last season also hints at something of an attack minded player.

Andy74
04-08-2012, 11:23 AM
Whoever isn't playing as well as him will drop out surely?

Ferryhibby
04-08-2012, 11:59 AM
absolutely has to be claros..

The_Horde
04-08-2012, 12:07 PM
Neither Claros or Stevenson?

Williams

Clancy Mcpake Stephens Hanlon

Claros Stevenson

Sproule Deegan Cairney

Griffiths

Heisenberg
04-08-2012, 12:20 PM
;3312772']Neither Claros or Stevenson?

Williams

Clancy Mcpake Stephens Hanlon

Claros Stevenson

Sproule Deegan Cairney

Griffiths

Spoony has been a favourite during pre season, doubt he'll drop out.

DAVE1875
04-08-2012, 12:26 PM
;3312772']
Williams

Clancy Mcpake Hanlon Booth

Claros

Wotherspoon Deegan Cairney Sproule

Griffiths

I'd go with this against United if Deegan were eligible

The_Horde
04-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Spoony has been a favourite during pre season, doubt he'll drop out.

Yeah i can't see it either, was just at the wind up. Although Claros and Stevenson also haven't missed a lot of the pre season games.

Franck Stanton
04-08-2012, 12:56 PM
24hrs ago most Hibs fans [ well the ones that post on .Net anyway], were all doom and gloom with the collective opinion that we were rank rotten. Suddenly, because we have signed an aggressive ball-winning c/m the mood has definately lifted. Some of the teams the posters have picked on this thread don't look too bad, in fact look quite good. A lot of the less hysterical types have stated frequently that with the signing of one or two quality players for the correct areas we are woeful in and suddenly we are in a better place. I am sure Fenlon will still be working away behind the scenes to get one/two more in prior to window closing. This signing may however mean goodbye to Kerr, [no big loss imo], perhaps we have another defender lined up which would explain the apparrent reluctance on Hibs part to offer terms to Maybury. Anyway, welcome to the Hibs Deegsy. :not worth

Oops , silly me, who drops out for Deegan ? Well lets be honest here - perm any one from 5, however IMO it will be either Claros or Stevenson who makes way.

Pretty Boy
04-08-2012, 01:26 PM
...................Williams..............

Clancy.....McPake......Hanlon.....Booth

......................Claros................

Cairney............Deegan.........Sproule.

.............Doyle...........Griffiths

The fact Sproule is included shows we still need at least one more and another centre back wouldn't go amiss either. That team wouldn't be in too much trouble between now and Jan though imo which would hopefully allow us to strengthen again.

Vault Boy
04-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Williams

Clancy Mcpake Hanlon Kujabi

Claros Stevenson

Cairney Deegan Forsyth

Griffiths

This looks decent to me. Presuming we pick up Forsyth on loan, our attack looks pretty dangerous, although we could certainly do with new holding midfielders. Two new midfielders would be perfect, but I can see us getting one holding midfielder and a full back. I don't think 4-2-3-1 will be ideal, maybe something like a 4-1-2-1-2 (Diamond) could work, with two strikers (Griffiths and Doyle), a central midfielder playing as an advanced play maker (Deegan), Cairney and Forsyth (if signed) on the wings and a new holding midfielder. This way, only one new holding player is required and we aren't playing 1 up front, which we simply can't afford to do with strikers we have, no real target men, only Caldwell.

Anyway, that's what I'd like. :greengrin

Vault Boy
04-08-2012, 01:37 PM

The fact Sproule is included shows we still need at least one more and another centre back wouldn't go amiss either. That team wouldn't be in too much trouble between now and Jan though imo which would hopefully allow us to strengthen again.

:agree: I don't think we will stick with 4-2-3-1. Two strikers is a must IMO.

ian cruise
04-08-2012, 04:38 PM

Sproule has had a decent pre season. Fingers crossed we are now playing the sort of football that will suit him and he can carry that on into the season.

Andy74
04-08-2012, 04:45 PM
:agree: I don't think we will stick with 4-2-3-1. Two strikers is a must IMO.

Having played every pre season game this way we probably will.

Macaroon
04-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Williams

Clancy Mcpake Hanlon Kujabi

Claros Stevenson

Cairney Deegan Forsyth

Griffiths

This looks decent to me. Presuming we pick up Forsyth on loan, our attack looks pretty dangerous, although we could certainly do with new holding midfielders. Two new midfielders would be perfect, but I can see us getting one holding midfielder and a full back. I don't think 4-2-3-1 will be ideal, maybe something like a 4-1-2-1-2 (Diamond) could work, with two strikers (Griffiths and Doyle), a central midfielder playing as an advanced play maker (Deegan), Cairney and Forsyth (if signed) on the wings and a new holding midfielder. This way, only one new holding player is required and we aren't playing 1 up front, which we simply can't afford to do with strikers we have, no real target men, only Caldwell.

Anyway, that's what I'd like.
:greengrin

Deegan IS that holding midfielder. Where on earth has this whole supporting the striker role come from.

greenlex
04-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Sproule will leave the club and Deegan will join.

Vault Boy
04-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Deegan IS that holding midfielder. Where on earth has this whole supporting the striker role come from.

From the things I have read, people said he was an attacking player, though I did believe that he was actually a more defensive one. We could still do with another couple of midfielders though, either wingers if Cairney is to be a central midfielder or another attacker in CM if he is to be played out wide. Let's hope Paddy can bring in his couple of other targets. :aok:

Vault Boy
04-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Having played every pre season game this way we probably will.

This formation was the favoured one during the pre-season, but Fenlon said nothing was set in stone. I think he was maybe holding out for a couple of new signings before thinking about his regular formation. 4-2-3-1 may very well be how we'll line up against Utd however. :agree:

Aldo
04-08-2012, 05:50 PM

Do we know this for sure??? If we sign the boy Forsyth on loan that could well be the case. Still short on numbers upfront IMHO.

bingo70
04-08-2012, 06:01 PM
Was going to say I hope its Stevenson he replaces as imo he offers nothing defensively or in attack but after thinking about it neither does claros so I'm not really bothered who he replaces as long as its one of them.

sahib
04-08-2012, 06:55 PM

Is that just a shrewd deduction or have you heard something? Not joining servco?

Macaroon
04-08-2012, 08:10 PM
From the things I have read, people said he was an attacking player, though I did believe that he was actually a more defensive one. We could still do with another couple of midfielders though, either wingers if Cairney is to be a central midfielder or another attacker in CM if he is to be played out wide. Let's hope Paddy can bring in his couple of other targets. :aok:

Agreed! :agree:

edwards
04-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Our stongest team at the moment must be

Williams

Clancy
McPake
O'Hanlon
Hanlon

Sproule
Deegan
Cairney
Kujabi

Doyle
Griffiths

Claros, Wotherspoon, Stevenson, Booth,

scoopyboy
04-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Our stongest team at the moment must be

Williams

Clancy
McPake
O'Hanlon
Hanlon

Sproule
Deegan
Cairney
Kujabi

Doyle
Griffiths

Claros, Wotherspoon, Stevenson, Booth,

Don't think PF will see O'Hanlon and Kujabi as musts.

NAE NOOKIE
05-08-2012, 07:33 AM

In that 28 minutes he put in 2 or 3 solid tackles and tried to do something constructive when he had the ball, tried to beat his man when he could and spent most of the time in their half of the pitch.

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2012, 09:53 AM
Whoever isn't playing as well as him will drop out surely?

How do we know how well he's playing without him taking someones place? :confused: