PDA

View Full Version : Vale Of Leithen 0 Hibernian U20s 5 FT

Gala Foxes
03-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Vale Of Leithen 0 Hibs 5 (Jay Doyle, David Paul, Trialist 3)

(HT 0-1)

Vale had number 11 sent off in 2nd half for dissent

Vale also lost their keeper through injury, both coaches apparently tried to get Hibs sub keeper on for Vale but Ref would'nt allow it.

Best for Hibs - Alex Harris, Dean Horribine

Felt sorry for Vale, they competed well 1st half

Gala Foxes
03-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Don't know who the trialist was, wore number 17, tall forward, Alex Harris had 2 assists for his goals and also hit the bar for Jay Doyle to head the rebound for Hibs first goal.

hibees 7062
03-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Don't know who the trialist was, wore number 17, tall forward, Alex Harris had 2 assists for his goals and also hit the bar for Jay Doyle to head the rebound for Hibs first goal.

How old did he look mate

Gala Foxes
03-08-2012, 08:25 PM
How old did he look mate

He was a youngster , 18/19, slim with dark hair, couple of the goals were tap ins, score was 1 nil until Vale lost their keeper through injury and then put an outfield player (who looked like he was the smallest guy in their team) in goals.

Bit harsh of the ref not to let them borrow Hibs sub keeper

BurghHibby
03-08-2012, 08:26 PM

How did Scott Moffat (fair haired striker) of Vale play?

Gala Foxes
03-08-2012, 08:28 PM
How did Scott Moffat (fair haired striker) of Vale play?

they had a dark haired guy up front, the guy that was sent off was a stocky fair haired guy that played in midfield behind the forwards - he lost it with the ref and got booked then red carded

hibees 7062
03-08-2012, 08:34 PM
He was a youngster , 18/19, slim with dark hair, couple of the goals were tap ins, score was 1 nil until Vale lost their keeper through injury and then put an outfield player (who looked like he was the smallest guy in their team) in goals.

Bit harsh of the ref not to let them borrow Hibs sub keeper

Thanks

Gala Foxes
03-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Thanks

Hibs also had a trialist at right back who apparently was released by Hearts, played right back first half then ended game playing up front

BurghHibby
03-08-2012, 08:41 PM
they had a dark haired guy up front, the guy that was sent off was a stocky fair haired guy that played in midfield behind the forwards - he lost it with the ref and got booked then red carded

Disnae sound like Scott, he's a bit on the skinny side as well as being pretty placid, maybe not played then. He was their top scorer last season btw.

Gala Foxes
03-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Disnae sound like Scott, he's a bit on the skinny side as well as being pretty placid, maybe not played then. He was their top scorer last season btw.

there was a young fair haired guy but he played more in midfield

I watched Vale a few times last season, lot of new faces in the team but they played well, collapse came after keeper was injured and then they went down to 10 men

BurghHibby
03-08-2012, 08:54 PM

I watched Vale a few times last season, lot of new faces in the team but they played well, collapse came after keeper was injured and then they went down to 10 men

OK, cheers, I'll ask him next time I see him, or his yam faither!

Iggy Pope
04-08-2012, 10:45 AM

They had a tidy first half and seemed a lot more powerful than a young Hibs side. They had good chances to take the lead before the Hibs did.

I felt really sorry for their keeper who seemed to get injured making a very good save to keep it at 1-0.

The wee No 11 who got sent off was pretty influential for them until he got two yellow cards for being unable to shut his trap. The ref spoke to him at least 4 times and while I can't say the officials had a good 90 mins it was no surprise when their patience ran thin.
The bollox the Vale No 2 was spouting from his bench made me think that discipline might not be high on their agenda. A bad attitude from coaches inevitably works it's way on to the field.

Entertaining 90 mins until fitness and the weight of numbers took it's toll.

For Hibs Alex Harris was extremely impressive and I hope it proves to be more than his haircut that earned him the nickname Beuzy.