PDA

View Full Version : Question Hibs TV Cameraman

HibsMax
03-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Is there anyone who would be able to help out Hibernian TV as a match camera operator? I have no idea of what the requirements are or....well, I have no real idea about any of this but I know that they are looking for someone. Common sense dictates that a suitable candidate would be able to attend most / all games throughout the season. The more experience you have with this sort of thing the better. I think they are looking for someone who requires minimal training but I will provide more details as and when I get them.

I don't know if this comes under the Let's Work Together umbrella so I am not arbitrarily making that association.

Admin : Hope it's OK to put this thread on the Main board for maximum exposure. Please advise if not.

HibsMax
03-08-2012, 08:56 PM
steady hand needed and hibs fan would be good too :agree:

:pfgwa

Are you telling me that a 22 thousand pound camera doesn't come with image stabilisation and a tripod? ;)

Mikeystewart
03-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Are you telling me that a 22 thousand pound camera doesn't come with image stabilisation and a tripod? ;)

hibs spent 22k on a camera? surely not with Mr Petrie's permission :tsk tsk:

HibsMax
03-08-2012, 09:06 PM
hibs spent 22k on a camera? surely not with Mr Petrie's permission :tsk tsk:

No, they didn't. Sorry, I should have been clearer. The LAST thing I want to do is spread misinformation. It's just the camera that they were looking at.

HibsMax
03-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Steady hand still needed max. sky use 100k camera's and need steady hands...

Then we're up a gum tree. Hibs Fan + Steady Hand....does such a man or woman exist? :D

JohnStephens91
04-08-2012, 01:57 AM
I'm sure a quick e-mail round film students at any of Edinburgh's university would be good? Pass it off as 'work experience' and there will be interested parties, even if they aren't Hibs fans?

Lucius Apuleius
04-08-2012, 05:02 AM

Max Max Max, you know that even having taken your statement back that this will indeed be .net FACT by the end of the day!!!!

Dalkeith
04-08-2012, 07:20 AM
steady hand needed and hibs fan would be good too :agree:

Having previous experience of doing this I have offered my services again before but for some reason I never even got a reply from anyone:confused:

BT58
04-08-2012, 07:26 AM
I second Dalkeith for the job ( he has done it before, jolly good too) as long as i can carry his bags in and out,hey presto, freeview of games at ER,, wink smiley
Bt

Dalkeith
04-08-2012, 08:06 AM
I'm sure a quick e-mail round film students at any of Edinburgh's university would be good? Pass it off as 'work experience' and there will be interested parties, even if they aren't Hibs fans?

but would they have the dedication

Dalkeith
04-08-2012, 08:10 AM
I second Dalkeith for the job ( he has done it before, jolly good too) as long as i can carry his bags in and out,hey presto, freeview of games at ER,, wink smiley
Bt

nope i would buy a ST you can use that, never taken freebies in past so won't start now:greengrin

DAVE1875
04-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Just remember to not go mental when we score. Don't think it'll look good if the camera starts shaking like mad or you appear in front of it and kiss the lense screaming your head off

California-Hibs
04-08-2012, 09:06 AM
I vote Dalkeith aswel! :greengrin

Have i missed something though, have we made progress in regards to showing all of the new seasons home games??

Maybe i'm jumping the gun, i'll admit i've not been reading the overseas International supporters threads for awhile after somewhat giving up hope of the dream that all home games will be getting streamed.

Or is this just an request for a cameraman to show the games that Hibernian TV plan to show this coming season? The games that are live on tv and available in many different ways online anyway? :rolleyes:

Dalkeith
04-08-2012, 09:08 AM
Just remember to not go mental when we score. Don't think it'll look good if the camera starts shaking like mad or you appear in front of it and kiss the lense screaming your head off

went mental once when we beat the undefeatables

VickMackie
04-08-2012, 09:09 AM
Just point it away from the pitch and we are sorted. Look for some gorgeous women in the crowd like the Wimbledon camera pervs!

Dalkeith
04-08-2012, 09:11 AM

Have i missed something though, have we made progress in regards to showing all of the new seasons home games??

Maybe i'm jumping the gun, i'll admit i've not been reading the overseas International supporters threads for awhile after somewhat giving up hope of the dream that all home games will be getting streamed.

Or is this just an request for a cameraman to show the games that Hibernian TV plan to show this coming season? The games that are live on tv and available in many different ways online anyway? :rolleyes:

no idea of the progress at moment, cameraman was one of stumbling blocks overseas got told

BT58
04-08-2012, 09:12 AM
Well cheers k,,, carry on if your willing to buy me my ST i will even carry you up the stairs....LOL
Bt

DAVE1875
04-08-2012, 09:13 AM
went mental once when we beat the undefeatables

Maybe that's why they never got back to you

HibsMax
04-08-2012, 12:53 PM

Didn't do that but that's what kinda happened anyway. Someone in that position already contacted me. :)

HibsMax
04-08-2012, 12:56 PM

Not sure of the progress exactly but we're getting some games for sure. Just don't know how many. I was told that Hibs were looking for a cameraman so I said I would help find one. I have. I just need to get the club and him talking.

iwasthere1972
04-08-2012, 02:59 PM

More likely to be on loan.

ronaldo7
04-08-2012, 10:53 PM
How difficult would it be to re-instate Dalkeith into the position he's done for a number of years.

It let's the guys overseas get the games, and that's all it should be.

Let the politics cease.

Sharon
05-08-2012, 05:32 AM
How difficult would it be to re-instate Dalkeith into the position he's done for a number of years.

Let the politics cease.

:top marks

EdinMike
05-08-2012, 05:54 AM
I begrudgingly throw my name in the hat of "Lady-Cam"... :wink:

Septimus
05-08-2012, 06:40 AM

Let the politics cease.

Is it not time for the powers that be within the club to come clean about why they have adopted what appears to be such a childish attitude towards Dalkeith? I, for one, endorse what is written above and feel that it is about time that the club stop pussy footing around.

You will note that Dundee United, who keep telling everybody who will listen, that they are on the bones of their backside, are not only streaming today's game but are offering a season ticket implying that they plan to stream all home matches. Hibs were a leader in this field and are now trailing along behind. Much the same as they are on the park these days.

I'm off now to brush up on my Dundee accent.

hongkonghibee
05-08-2012, 07:28 AM

Let the politics cease.

:agree:

Big90inOz
05-08-2012, 07:53 AM
Why is the Hibs TV site such a bloody shambles ? The game is barely advertised, you then click on Hibernian TV and I'm sure it would be easier to complete a rubix cube than it is to find where the hell you pay to watch a game. I have spent 10 mins going around and around with no success, if you are selling something shouldn't it be obvious where you buy it ??????
Shouldn't the games be advertised with a nice big bold advert on the front page of the Hibs site with a direct link to either sign in or buy the game? Wouldn't having a nice advert on the home page not only allow Hibs supporters to find and use the service but also the opposition supporters ?
Rant over
I'm going back to my search as I only have an hour before beer o'clock time.

hibbybrian
05-08-2012, 08:16 AM
Why is the Hibs TV site such a bloody shambles ? The game is barely advertised, you then click on Hibernian TV and I'm sure it would be easier to complete a rubix cube than it is to find where the hell you pay to watch a game. I have spent 10 mins going around and around with no success, if you are selling something shouldn't it be obvious where you buy it ??????
Shouldn't the games be advertised with a nice big bold advert on the front page of the Hibs site with a direct link to either sign in or buy the game? Wouldn't having a nice advert on the home page not only allow Hibs supporters to find and use the service but also the opposition supporters ?
Rant over
I'm going back to my search as I only have an hour before beer o'clock time.

There are links on the hibs-world International Supporters site :wink: