PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Hibernian item

JohnStephens91
02-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Hi guys,

I am looking for some people to add photos of their favourite item that they own with about 50 words or so explaining why. It is for a project that will be unveiled when I have 5 or more of these items to put into a gallery online. PM me for more details if you wish

:hibees

jamieross
02-08-2012, 06:18 PM
I have what im told is the plaque of the team bus with this badge on it http://ebid.s3.amazonaws.com/upload_big/8/4/3/1298141312-28392-0.jpg

The reason i like it is that my late uncle, who was a massive hibs fan, gave me this a couple of years before he passed. He told me there was only ever two made and he didnt know where or if the other still exists. Ive personally never seen another so i guess its quite rare?

If anyone has more info on this id be glad to hear?

Also il id a proper picture of the item when i visit my mums as thats where it is just now.

:flag:

JohnStephens91
02-08-2012, 06:22 PM
I have what im told is the plaque of the team bus with this badge on it http://ebid.s3.amazonaws.com/upload_big/8/4/3/1298141312-28392-0.jpg

The reason i like it is that my late uncle, who was a massive hibs fan, gave me this a couple of years before he passed. He told me there was only ever two made and he didnt know where or if the other still exists. Ive personally never seen another so i guess its quite rare?

If anyone has more info on this id be glad to hear?

Also il id a proper picture of the item when i visit my mums as thats where it is just now.

:flag:

That is fantastic, I'll drop you a PM shortly telling you all about what it is for :aok:

jamieross
02-08-2012, 06:23 PM
No problem :aok:

NAE NOOKIE
02-08-2012, 06:27 PM
A Russian doll my friend brought back from Prague I think it was .. somewhere in Europe anyway. From biggest to smallest O'Connor, Murphy, Malkowski, Whittaker, Sproule. I understand she bought it in a small shop.

Why a shop in Prague would have a Russian doll consisting of Hibs players is anybodys guess. I would be interested to hear if anybody has a similar object. just seems bizzare.

:greengrin

neilmartinrocks
02-08-2012, 06:40 PM
A Russian doll my friend brought back from Prague I think it was .. somewhere in Europe anyway. From biggest to smallest O'Connor, Murphy, Malkowski, Whittaker, Sproule. I understand she bought it in a small shop.

Why a shop in Prague would have a Russian doll consisting of Hibs players is anybodys guess. I would be interested to hear if anybody has a similar object. just seems bizzare.

an engineer friend of mine has the same thing but with Zenit St Petersburgh (spell?) players.
my favourite Hibs thing is a pair of Russel Latapay's boot laces.

Yuillsy
02-08-2012, 06:48 PM

I have 1 of those. My Mrs bought me it when she went to to Prague for the weekend.
My daughter loves baby Ivan (as she calls him).
My Mrs also took baby Ivan to the Ian Murray testimonial darts day to show the real Ivan, i think he was a bit shocked when he saw it!

hibbybrian
02-08-2012, 07:05 PM
The oldest piece of memorabilia I own is a programme from 1935 however the autograph sheets of the teams from 1944 and 1946 are definately my favourites as they were handled and signed by Managers and players who were real Hibernian legends :aok:

Off the bar
02-08-2012, 07:07 PM
My scotsman 'hearts left stunned as hibs hit six' newspaper ad, my old man grabbed for me on his way home from work the next day, graced my bedroom wall as a teenager, found it recently in a tube with some old indie rock posters of the same era, had it framed and it now hangs in my studio always makes me smile when I look up at it. Left the ground that night and promised my first born would be called mixu, and have even gone to the trouble of marrying a finn, she not having it though says mixu is a **** name!

JohnStephens91
02-08-2012, 07:11 PM

Haha, I'm going to PM you for a picture of it for the project! Sounds great.

Thank you to everyone who is responding so far, hopefully more are wanting to get involved.

cocopops1875
02-08-2012, 07:24 PM
Im a bit of a glove geek (have a load of match worn/issue gloves from many top keepers) but here are the Hibs ones i have photographed the Stack ones i love just because i was a big fan of Stacky, But The Monks Gloves Appeal to my Hibbyness and the glove Geek in me As the names of his kids on the Thumbs is a very rare touch of all the gloves i own or have seen its unusual for anything other than the Strap to have Personalisation :thumbsup:

Northern Hibby
02-08-2012, 07:28 PM
I've got hot chilli sauce, a razor, an admiral top from when I was about 10 and the original 7-0 evening news paper clipping :-)

JohnStephens91
02-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Project now live: thank you all for helping! :top marks

Forgot the link! :doh:

http://sunshinefromleith.wordpress.com/

Wembley67
02-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Memories in my head - period.

JohnStephens91
02-08-2012, 08:28 PM
Memories in my head - period.

Don't worry you can help with another part of the project :greengrin

Wembley67
02-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Don't worry you can help with another part of the project :greengrin

Dinkydoo
02-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Probably my Hibs hat; a bit 'chavy' I know, but my dog likes it, and he has the depressed Hibee look nailed.

http://img.tapatalk.com/5690e3e9-f031-35bb.jpg

JohnStephens91
02-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Probably my Hibs hat; a bit 'chavy' I know, but my dog likes it, and he has the depressed Hibee look nailed.

http://img.tapatalk.com/5690e3e9-f031-35bb.jpg

Haha, whenever I try and get a photo of my dog with Hibs stuff on she runs away

Dinkydoo
02-08-2012, 09:56 PM
The only time my dog ever runs away from me is if he has food that he shouldn't have; typical lab.

SteveHFC
03-08-2012, 12:03 AM
Haha, whenever I try and get a photo of my dog with Hibs stuff on she runs away

That's not very nice to say about your other half :wink: :na na:

JohnStephens91
03-08-2012, 12:15 AM
That's not very nice to say about your other half :wink: :na na:

I wish I had another half, thanks for rubbing it in that I'm single :boo hoo: to be fair my last bird was a Yam so that would have put the cleaner ladies off...

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-08-2012, 12:28 AM

Hibernia na Eir that posts on here has got one of those.

My brother has a 6ft long Hibernian sign that Vetra Vilnius used to advertise The Intertoto Cup match on a noticeboard outside the stadium in Lithuania!

Still not sure how we got it through customs!

jamieross
05-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Heres the proper picture of my item mate http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv263/jamiemth/IMG_0403.jpg