PDA

View Full Version : Viewing the United game

HibsMax
02-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Hi Folks,

I imagine that most folks that this applies to already know this from reading other forums but just in case there are some stragglers out there who haven't heard of the Overseas forum or Hibs World, here's some news about the United game.

Hibs TV is aiming to stream this game, and the Hearts game. Hopefully this works!

If there are issues with that though you can watch the game via United's site for 8 quid :

http://www.arabzone.co.uk/index.asp?tm=26

There is also something else I am looking into : "Fox Soccer 2Go". Just a couple of backups in case of technical difficulties. My plan is to try Hibs TV first because ideally I want them to be getting my money rather than a 3rd party or other team but we need backups just in case. I mean, who wants to miss Hibs flogging United 0-3 on their own turf? ;)

EDIT : checked Fox Soccer 2Go but they don't seem to carry SPL games. Oh well.

hibbybrian
02-08-2012, 05:47 PM
For some reason there is no info about HibsTV showing the match on the official site front page or the HibsTV front page :confused: fortunately someone on the International site found the info in the live events menu. No wonder the number of subscribers is low :rolleyes:

HibsMax
02-08-2012, 06:49 PM
The Hibs TV site is a little confusing IMO. There are two links : Live Matches and Live Events...but what is the difference? I believe that the most relevant and current information should be on the front page of at least the Hibs TV site. And it wouldn't hurt to add a link to the main Hibs site as well.

norwayhibs
02-08-2012, 06:52 PM
For some reason there is no info about HibsTV showing the match on the official site front page or the HibsTV front page :confused: fortunately someone on the International site found the info in the live events menu. No wonder the number of subscribers is low :rolleyes:

Thats me signed up for the game via the arabs site, easy to navigate, paypal purchase, all for £8 :greengrin. As the game is not confirmed by Hibernian TV, I will take no chances,so its arab tv for me:aok:

HibsMax
02-08-2012, 07:01 PM
Thats me signed up for the game via the arabs site, easy to navigate, paypal purchase, all for £8 :greengrin. As the game is not confirmed by Hibernian TV, I will take no chances,so its arab tv for me:aok:

It's confirmed that they aim to stream it. :) I'm going to hold onto my 8 quid until the last moment.

Callum_62
02-08-2012, 07:57 PM
It's confirmed that they aim to stream it. :) I'm going to hold onto my 8 quid until the last moment.

I dont think there is anywhere you can buy it from HibsTV yet.....not that I could see anyway.

If its on ESPN though, you will be able to find a stream somewhere - but id rather give Hibs my cash

.Sean.
02-08-2012, 08:01 PM
They cannae half find some 'keepers, United. The new boy looks brilliant.

ajay4hibs
02-08-2012, 09:39 PM
I dont think there is anywhere you can buy it from HibsTV yet.....not that I could see anyway.

If its on ESPN though, you will be able to find a stream somewhere - but id rather give Hibs my cash

But is it on espn?

superbam
02-08-2012, 09:56 PM
The match is being screened live by the Israeli channel ONESPORT so it shouldnt be too difficult to find somewhere

Titch
02-08-2012, 11:14 PM
http://tv.espn.co.uk/gb/espl/home-mobile/tv-schedule/?date=2012-08-05 It's on espn

PeeJay
03-08-2012, 05:51 AM
Here we are at the start of a new season and Hibs TV International's "new and improved service" can do no better than issue a vague promise that it might be able to stream a game live on Sunday and perhaps next week too - why all the last minute obfuscation? The fixtures have been known for some time now, the Hibs TV team really should have been on the ball and ready for the season kick-off :brickwall

We now have a situation where Hibs fans are willing to pay money to Hibs for the stream, but they may well end up paying Dundee United for the stream instead ....where's the sense in that then?

Steve-O
03-08-2012, 07:06 AM
Here we are at the start of a new season and Hibs TV International's "new and improved service" can do no better than issue a vague promise that it might be able to stream a game live on Sunday and perhaps next week too - why all the last minute obfuscation? The fixtures have been known for some time now, the Hibs TV team really should have been on the ball and ready for the season kick-off :brickwall

We now have a situation where Hibs fans are willing to pay money to Hibs for the stream, but they may well end up paying Dundee United for the stream instead ....where's the sense in that then?

There appears to be nobody at the club who bothers to look after such things.

I think we need a 'General Manager' type role to look after all this type of thing :agree:

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-08-2012, 07:10 AM

Strictly amatuers always have been always will be hence the reason I would never trust them with my money.

Eyrie
03-08-2012, 09:51 AM
http://tv.espn.co.uk/gb/espl/home-mobile/tv-schedule/?date=2012-08-05 It's on espn
Cheers for the link - the derby is also being shown on ESPN.

Dalkeith
03-08-2012, 02:40 PM

It must very frustrating for overseas fans who were able to see all home games live for many seasons to have that facility taken away and replaced with a service that is claimed to be "new and improved" but in reality is a woeful service that only shows games that are live on TV.

While a club like Dundee united have had the game available to buy since midweek in an easy to use website all you get hidden away on our club site with 2 days to go is "aiming to show the opening 2 matches".

Hibs fans paying money to Dundee united while hibs just sit back and appear to do nothing, do we have a marketing policy at club you wouldn't think so

It’s time for those involved at club got their act together and explore every revenue stream open to the club.
Internet streaming is easy and cheap so forget about fancy HD cameras, top of the range laptops and fantasy productions set ups just give the overseas fans the chance to spend their money on their club.

HibsMax
03-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Now been announced (via e-mail) that this game WILL be on Hibs TV.

If you have just eaten, DO NOT go to the Hibs TV site and click on Live Matches. :bitchy:

The Green Goblin
03-08-2012, 10:01 PM
I admire you guys, I really do (I'm not being sarcastic, just to be clear).

After everything we have all discussed and debated over the last few months relating to "Hibs TV", mostly the fact that they couldn't find their arse with both hands, here they are fumbling around without a scooby-doo, doing everything in a half-arsed, incompetent manner yet again, after countless e-mails to the club detailing the issues, and some of you boys are still willing to tolerate it.

I was being completely sincere when I said I admired you for that, but at the same time, I don't understand how you can stand being mucked around by the halfwits who "organise" the site and (fail to) make announcements etc. How can you still be giving them the time of day, never mind chasing them, after everything?

Fair play to you, but I don't get that, I just don't. They seem determined to lose their few remaining subscribers with farce after irritating farce and endless examples of incompetence beyond belief at a time when Hibs need all their fans backing the team, even the funny ones that live abroad who don't really matter.

HibsMax
03-08-2012, 10:33 PM
The way I see it is that someone needs to keep oiling the squeaky wheel.

And I have the patience of a chopping block.

I feel like I'm doing my bit to help out and I'm doing it for us / you. I'm not giving up because i feel like this is all for us. We benefit from any progress that's made. If nobody fights, we all lose.

cabbageandribs1875
03-08-2012, 10:59 PM
Apologies for the late confirmation of the match being aired on Hibernian TV International, but the club was awaiting final confirmation of broadcast rights in the SPL.

To confirm the forthcoming Edinburgh Derby (Heart of Midlothian at Easter Road, Sunday 12 August, kick off 12.30pm) will be shown on Hibernian TV International plus the club will confirm if the next home match against St Johnstone (Saturday 25 August) will be shown.
This is all part of a longer-term strategy and commitment to reintroduce a high-quality video stream of all home matches (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120803/hibernian-tv-coverage-dundee-united_2262950_2870805#) for our overseas supporters - which is both viable and affordable.
Once again, we appreciate the understanding shown by overseas supporters and ask for their continued patience as we start to test a new system and train staff to the required level.

for all you international dudes/dudettes :)

The Green Goblin
03-08-2012, 11:18 PM
The way I see it is that someone needs to keep oiling the squeaky wheel.

And I have the patience of a chopping block.

I feel like I'm doing my bit to help out and I'm doing it for us / you. I'm not giving up because i feel like this is all for us. We benefit from any progress that's made. If nobody fights, we all lose.

Like I said, I do really admire you for that and I wish you the best of luck. Clearly you are much more patient and tolerant towards them than me. However, I'm afraid that for now, at least, given the fact that things seem to be trundling along in the same lamentable way, they have lost me as a subscriber for the forseeable future.

tooley
04-08-2012, 04:39 AM

Hibsmax, I'm in orlando, florida, what's the best way to view the game?
Cheers in advance

beastie
04-08-2012, 05:09 AM
Apologies for the late confirmation of the match being aired on Hibernian TV International, but the club was awaiting final confirmation of broadcast rights in the SPL.

To confirm the forthcoming Edinburgh Derby (Heart of Midlothian at Easter Road, Sunday 12 August, kick off 12.30pm) will be shown on Hibernian TV International plus the club will confirm if the next home match against St Johnstone (Saturday 25 August) will be shown.
This is all part of a longer-term strategy and commitment to reintroduce a high-quality video stream of all home matches (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120803/hibernian-tv-coverage-dundee-united_2262950_2870805#) for our overseas supporters - which is both viable and affordable.
Once again, we appreciate the understanding shown by overseas supporters and ask for their continued patience as we start to test a new system and train staff to the required level.

for all you international dudes/dudettes :)

Well this sounds a bit more encouraging. :)

Was beginning to get a bit disillusioned with the whole saga but maybe, just maybe, things are moving in the right direction. And with HibsMax looking for a cameraman, this can only be positive. Fingers crossed anyway.

By the way HibsMax, wasn't the camera only 10k ? :D

Hats off to you again for your persistence, without which we wouldn't be where we are now.

GGTTH

Septimus
04-08-2012, 06:50 AM
A lifelong supporter of Hibs I cancelled my subscription to Hibs TV a couple of months ago when it appeared to be clear that they would rather do anything than stream home matches for their overseas supporters. The club right now appear to be having considerable difficulty in observing the difference between their posterior and a hole in the ground.

The way I feel right now is that I am happy to pay Dundee United for the game.

For goodness sake give Dalkeith a camera and let him get on with it.

IWasThere2016
04-08-2012, 07:02 AM
They cannae half find some 'keepers, United. The new boy looks brilliant.

He doesn't like pass backs and he's jittery as he doesn't have a great first touch.

PS - he'll excel on Sunday with these now I've mentioned it of course :greengrin

Dalkeith
04-08-2012, 08:02 AM
A lifelong supporter of Hibs I cancelled my subscription to Hibs TV a couple of months ago when it appeared to be clear that they would rather do anything than stream home matches for their overseas supporters. The club right now appear to be having considerable difficulty in observing the difference between their posterior and a hole in the ground.

Thanks for thevote Septimus however it will be falling on deaf ears within club.

Despite the LWT groups being set up to get fans involved my offer of help has I can only assume been ignored.
I have had some dialogue with the club however no one at the club has had the decency to come out talk things over and say thanks for offer but no thanks

We seem to be a club struggling from top to bottom at moment and here I am a hibs fans with experience willing to give up most of my free time for the benefit of club but deemed "not hibs class" by the club.

If the club wants to work together with fans then forget the past and let’s move on with a clean slate

Hongkong Phooey
04-08-2012, 08:11 AM
Quick question:

Can anyone in the UK watch the games by using a foreign VPN? Would think this should work a treat.

norwayhibs
04-08-2012, 09:13 AM

Same here Septimus.

hibbybrian
04-08-2012, 09:21 AM
Quick question:

Can anyone in the UK watch the games by using a foreign VPN? Would think this should work a treat.

I know what a VPL is but no idea about a VPN :greengrin

hongkonghibee
04-08-2012, 10:42 AM

The official site is a shambles. I cant find any link for supporters overseas wanting to purchase only this match. Compare this with Dundee United who have an easily found page with a 8 pound a match paypal purchase.
Nothing on the front page advertising live audio or video.
Now try clicking on the "live matches" tab......a full page reminder of the cup final...its embarrassingly bad!
Only today is the Dundee Utd match confirmed. This has been the case since the "new and improved" service started...one days notice..
They advertise an annual overseas subscription, but give no clue about how many matches will be actually shown.
They poorly market it, hide it away , then claim few want the service.
I dont know how ive had the patience to continue emailing the Club over the very poor Hibs TV service since February, with no satisfactory replys (just delaying tactics and not answering the points i make) , but my love for Hibs keeps me battling away.

hongkonghibee
04-08-2012, 10:52 AM
Thanks for thevote Septimus however it will be falling on deaf ears within club.

Despite the LWT groups being set up to get fans involved my offer of help has I can only assume been ignored.
I have had some dialogue with the club however no one at the club has had the decency to come out talk things over and say thanks for offer but no thanks

We seem to be a club struggling from top to bottom at moment and here I am a hibs fans with experience willing to give up most of my free time for the benefit of club but deemed "not hibs class" by the club.

If the club wants to work together with fans then forget the past and let’s move on with a clean slate

The difficult financial times we are in, could be turned into a positive by the Club, if they could welcome in more volunteers to help run things. I know the LWT groups have been set up with this in mind, but it appears Hibs TV and the Official Site could do with jumping on board with this initiative. It was a mistake to franchise out Hibs TV to Perform group...getting more volunteers to run the website/hibs TV would have been and still could be a better option IMHO.

London Hibs FC
04-08-2012, 12:07 PM
Quick question:

Quick answer: Yes :wink:

HibsMax
04-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Hibsmax, I'm in orlando, florida, what's the best way to view the game?
Cheers in advance

You have a couple of methods.

Hibs tv.
Arab tv.

I don't know about Arab tv but there is a link somewhere. :)

Hibs tv - let me know if you need help with that. There is a link to the Hibs tv site from the main Hibs page.

HibsMax
04-08-2012, 12:51 PM
Well this sounds a bit more encouraging. :)

Was beginning to get a bit disillusioned with the whole saga but maybe, just maybe, things are moving in the right direction. And with HibsMax looking for a cameraman, this can only be positive. Fingers crossed anyway.

By the way HibsMax, wasn't the camera only 10k ? :D

Hats off to you again for your persistence, without which we wouldn't be where we are now.

GGTTH

Actually, the camera they have is free. It was given to the club. Nice things do happen. :)

I have someone in mind for the cameraman position. A young fella who is going to college for television and hopes to go to Uni next year so this could be a win-win situation. Hibs get a free helper with experience. He gets more experience to help with his application to Uni.

tooley
04-08-2012, 01:35 PM
You have a couple of methods.

Hibs tv.
Arab tv.

I don't know about Arab tv but there is a link somewhere. :)

Hibs tv - let me know if you need help with that. There is a link to the Hibs tv site from the main Hibs page.

Thanks
Will try hibs one first

hibbybrian
04-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Thanks
Will try hibs one first

There's a trial test stream on the International Supporters (hibs-world) site

Steve-O
04-08-2012, 02:01 PM
The official site is a shambles. I cant find any link for supporters overseas wanting to purchase only this match. Compare this with Dundee United who have an easily found page with a 8 pound a match paypal purchase.
Nothing on the front page advertising live audio or video.
Now try clicking on the "live matches" tab......a full page reminder of the cup final...its embarrassingly bad!
Only today is the Dundee Utd match confirmed. This has been the case since the "new and improved" service started...one days notice..
They advertise an annual overseas subscription, but give no clue about how many matches will be actually shown.
They poorly market it, hide it away , then claim few want the service.
I dont know how ive had the patience to continue emailing the Club over the very poor Hibs TV service since February, with no satisfactory replys (just delaying tactics and not answering the points i make) , but my love for Hibs keeps me battling away.

True. It is ridiculous that a single link to watch a game is SO hard to find. I have no idea why it's such a mission to try and pay for and then watch a Hibs game on the Hibs f-ing website!

Anyway, I can't actually watch tomorrow's game, so keep my spot as I'll be back next week to moan about the derby which I probably can watch :greengrin

London Hibs FC
05-08-2012, 10:55 AM
[QUOTE=Steve-O;3312869]True. It is ridiculous that a single link to watch a game is SO hard to find. I have no idea why it's such a mission to try and pay for and then watch a Hibs game on the Hibs f-ing website!

Absolutely, Steve-O....... just spent half an hour or so trying to figure out exactly which link was required on the Hibernian TV, lost patience and have just contributed £8.00 to the Arabs' coffers. Ridiculous!

Golden Bear
05-08-2012, 11:49 AM
ESPN have a 3 months free viewing offer on and they got me sorted within 5 minutes. Give them 1 month notice to cancel otherwise it will be £9 per month for Sky subscribers.

WellingtonHibby
05-08-2012, 12:29 PM
So. ....Hibs TV not working. Ace.

brisbanehibs
05-08-2012, 12:31 PM
Hi all - I can't get the video stream to work on Hibs TV? Getting the message "don't have java script enabled" even though it IS enabled. Tried explorer/chrome/firefox and now android but getting nowhere? Any help appreciated.

Cheers

brisbanehibs
05-08-2012, 12:33 PM
Hi all - I can't get the video stream to work on Hibs TV? Getting the message "don't have java script enabled" even though it IS enabled. Tried explorer/chrome/firefox and now android but getting nowhere? Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Started to work the moment I posted this.....not sure whether to laugh or cry...

hibbybrian
05-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Started to work the moment I posted this.....not sure whether to laugh or cry...

I gave up by 3.15 and within 2 minutes I was watching the game on ArabTV - signed in - taken to payment page - paid - taken straight to the stream - a bit easier than HibsTV :rolleyes:

Big90inOz
05-08-2012, 12:59 PM
I pay monthly, with the help of the international Hibs I found the link to the game, 5 mins before kick off after watching highlights I get told I need Jave script, I spent the next 20mins uninstalling and reinstalling Java with no luck what so ever. Result is I'm watching a stream from the net............ the web site is shocking. When ran by amateurs ( defo not being derogative) the site was easy to navigate and easy to use, now it's s***.There use to be a test page where you could check if you were likely to hit any problems watching the game, now there is nothing.

Really peed off with Hibs TV, crap site, crap service......

WellingtonHibby
05-08-2012, 01:10 PM
I pay monthly, with the help of the international Hibs I found the link to the game, 5 mins before kick off after watching highlights I get told I need Jave script, I spent the next 20mins uninstalling and reinstalling Java with no luck what so ever. Result is I'm watching a stream from the net............ the web site is shocking. When ran by amateurs ( defo not being derogative) the site was easy to navigate and easy to use, now it's s***.There use to be a test page where you could check if you were likely to hit any problems watching the game, now there is nothing.

This. Describes my night.

HibsMax
05-08-2012, 02:08 PM
I gave up by 3.15 and within 2 minutes I was watching the game on ArabTV - signed in - taken to payment page - paid - taken straight to the stream - a bit easier than HibsTV :rolleyes:

My experience also, Brian. Hibs - take note! Actually, don't bother because I don't know if I want to get up in the morning to watch that pish again. But I will.

HibsMax
05-08-2012, 02:10 PM

I doubt it's their top priority right now but I agree. You go to the Hibs TV site, click on a link for live events. Then you need to click on a Continue button. Then you need to click on the Club crest.

Why isn't there just one HUGE button on the main page with VIEW GAME HERE?

I know they are going to be working on this so we'll see what happens. I read a post somewhere that said that once the technical difficulties were resolved that the game was blocked in the US. I don't know because by that time I was watching on Dundee Utd's stream.