PDA

View Full Version : Nid and BB at pars

coco22
01-08-2012, 09:09 PM
As title suggests, Ian Murray was a trialist for Dunfermline tonight and BB was sitting behind the dugout (not sure if he is employed by them yet) in a friendly against Bristol city. He played okay as a 2nd half sub

blaikie
01-08-2012, 09:17 PM
Good luck to them, BB is what he is and Murray did what he did but when he played he always gave 100%

muirhousehibby
01-08-2012, 09:37 PM
As title suggests, Ian Murray was a trialist for Dunfermline tonight and BB was sitting behind the dugout (not sure if he is employed by them yet) in a friendly against Bristol city. He played okay as a 2nd half sub

Ian's been there for 2 weeks now on trial m8

NotoriousLor
01-08-2012, 09:48 PM
I saw Brown today getting back on his bike at the Wallyford flyover, looked donald ducked, obviously couldn't make it up the hill and had to push the bike up, what got me was he was kitted out in Hibs training gear, still with BB on the front, found this quite funny

hibee
01-08-2012, 09:56 PM
I didn't even know Brown had left us, must have missed that when I was on holiday!

hibees 7062
01-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Good luck to them, BB is what he is and Murray did what he did but when he played he always gave 100%

he should still be at ER

Eyrie
01-08-2012, 10:17 PM
I saw Brown today getting back on his bike at the Wallyford flyover, looked donald ducked, obviously couldn't make it up the hill and had to push the bike up, what got me was he was kitted out in Hibs training gear, still with BB on the front, found this quite funny

Obviously saving his energy because ...

BB was sitting behind the dugout (not sure if he is employed by them yet) in a friendly against Bristol city. He played okay as a 2nd half sub

Jonnyboy
01-08-2012, 10:36 PM
he should still be at ER

Who should?

Baldy Foghorn
01-08-2012, 10:42 PM
he should still be at ER

Neither IM or BB should be at Hibs, IM was never going to get much 1st team action due to his injury problems, and BB is a yam fud.....

silverhibee
01-08-2012, 11:19 PM
Ian's been there for 2 weeks now on trial m8

Yep, that's what's good about being a PM, and it's only £10.. :agree: :greengrin

Heckys Wheel
02-08-2012, 04:23 AM
Good luck to Ian Murray in whatever he does now.

Left first time round to further his career and gave 110% every time he pulled on the green.

Literally ran himself into the ground for Hibs and stuck it up Hearts at every opportunity.

Legend in my book.

Just_Jimmy
02-08-2012, 07:18 AM
Yep, that's what's good about being a PM, and it's only £10.. :agree: :greengrin

Or following ian murray on twitter.

easty
02-08-2012, 07:34 AM

Left first time round to further his career and gave 110% every time he pulled on the green.

Literally ran himself into the ground for Hibs and stuck it up Hearts at every opportunity.

Legend in my book.

I think 'legend' is a bit much.

He'll no be someone I'll be telling my grandchildren about in 50 years time.

Hope he does well wherever he ends up, though I think he'll struggle in the first division.

easty
02-08-2012, 07:36 AM
Or following ian murray on twitter.

Twitter, for Justin Bieber fans
PM Board, for Hibs über fans

The Sea-gull
02-08-2012, 07:55 AM

Legend in my book.

Stuck it up Hearts at every opportunity? Off the park maybe but it is on the park that counts and i dont remember him sticking much up them on the park.

Shaggy
02-08-2012, 07:56 AM
Murray would be a great deal for them,
I wish him and Dumfy all the best, hope it works out,
(yeah even wi fatty there)

hibees 7062
02-08-2012, 08:11 AM
Neither IM or BB should be at Hibs, IM was never going to get much 1st team action due to his injury problems, and BB is a yam fud.....

Would have done more in that final than the whole midfield , could still be playing ch beside Mcpake better than whats there just now

easty
02-08-2012, 08:28 AM
Would have done more in that final than the whole midfield , could still be playing ch beside Mcpake better than whats there just now

Nope.

leithsansiro
02-08-2012, 08:31 AM
Ian Murray is pretty much the type of player that any club should want - professional, gives his all, doesn't give up. Injury problems aside, I don't think any Hibs fan could honestly say he wasn't a top player for us. I remember his surging runs up the flank when he was breaking through into the first team, good player.

Plus, he always knew how to get right into the Jambos!

hibees 7062
02-08-2012, 08:37 AM
Nope.

Black would have run the show if he was playing ? Nope

hibees 7062
02-08-2012, 08:38 AM
Ian Murray is pretty much the type of player that any club should want - professional, gives his all, doesn't give up. Injury problems aside, I don't think any Hibs fan could honestly say he wasn't a top player for us. I remember his surging runs up the flank when he was breaking through into the first team, good player.

:agree:

lyonhibs
02-08-2012, 08:41 AM

Have you seen his Derby record?? Its foul. A good player though, liked him a lot, but I'd hardly say the Jambos will be rejoicing he's gone on the basis of his record of "getting right into" them.

easty
02-08-2012, 08:44 AM
Black would have run the show if he was playing ? Nope

Ian Murray 5 years ago would have stopped Black, Ian Murray of now wouldn't have got near him. Doesn't have the legs. Can't remember the last time I've thought "Ian Murray had a good game today".

hibees 7062
02-08-2012, 08:56 AM
Ian Murray 5 years ago would have stopped Black, Ian Murray of now wouldn't have got near him. Doesn't have the legs. Can't remember the last time I've thought "Ian Murray had a good game today".

Would have fitted rite in then eh , who tried to get near him that day ?. Even at 50% fit he would have done better than the imposters that were on the pitch . The last derby he played he definatly got near him

Keith_M
02-08-2012, 10:21 AM

Did I get that right? Billy Bown played as a second half sub for Dunfermline and did OK?

Wow, the opposition must have been REALLY poor!

:wink:

coco22
02-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Did I get that right? Billy Bown played as a second half sub for Dunfermline and did OK?

Wow, the opposition must have been REALLY poor!

:wink:

It does read like that doesn't it! Doh.

Incidentally Bristol had a member of coaching staff that could only be described as FJK's older, fatter double ( if that's even possible).

Baldy Foghorn
02-08-2012, 11:04 AM

Really:confused::confused:

blaikie
02-08-2012, 02:16 PM
It does read like that doesn't it! Doh.

Incidentally Bristol had a member of coaching staff that could only be described as FJK's older, fatter double ( if that's even possible).

Nade?

hibees 7062
02-08-2012, 02:33 PM
Really:confused::confused:

Really the midfield never tried a leg and really hes better than Stephens

Baldy Foghorn
02-08-2012, 03:17 PM

All in your opinion of course.

He had his swansong up at Inverness in last league game of season, and his legs had pretty much gone.....

JohnStephens91
02-08-2012, 03:25 PM

I will choose to remember him as the terrific player in his first spell at the club, he didn't ever match that in his second spell and was a shadow of himself due to his injury problems. It was in the best interests of both the club and Murray for his contract to not be renewed.

Baldy Foghorn
02-08-2012, 03:33 PM
I will choose to remember him as the terrific player in his first spell at the club, he didn't ever match that in his second spell and was a shadow of himself due to his injury problems. It was in the best interests of both the club and Murray for his contract to not be renewed.

:agree::agree:

hibees 7062
02-08-2012, 04:13 PM
All in your opinion of course.

He had his swansong up at Inverness in last league game of season, and his legs had pretty much gone.....

Did he not have an operation at Hibs expense to sort this out ? If it was a success he would surely have been good beside Mcpake

Baldy Foghorn
02-08-2012, 04:17 PM
Did he not have an operation at Hibs expense to sort this out ? If it was a success he would surely have been good beside Mcpake

Hibs obviously did not want him, hence him coming to the end of his tenure, without a further deal.......

hibees 7062
02-08-2012, 04:23 PM
Hibs obviously did not want him, hence him coming to the end of his tenure, without a further deal.......

High earner maybe

Baldy Foghorn
02-08-2012, 04:29 PM
High earner maybe

Im sure they would have offered him less money, if they really wanted to. The fact they never says it all....

hibees 7062
02-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Im sure they would have offered him less money, if they really wanted to. The fact they never says it all....

True , shame

Baldy Foghorn
02-08-2012, 04:43 PM
True , shame

Part and parcel of being a footballer, players age, have injury problems etc, no room for sentiment in this game.....

3pm
02-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Part and parcel of being a footballer, players age, have injury problems etc, no room for sentiment in this game.....

Correct. He showed none when he took the reddies on offer down the M8. Quite right too.

Yuillsy
02-08-2012, 06:53 PM

Totally agree with both points.
I hope some of the squad this year have as much passion, fight and determination as Ian though.

J-C
02-08-2012, 06:54 PM

He has arthritis in his hips, only op to help that is a full transplant or resurfacing of the hip, he like Kyle have had a hip scraping which only staves of the inevitable full op. I should know as I've had one of my hips resurfaced and the other is niggling so will need it done in the next year.