PDA

View Full Version : Adverts.

blackpoolhibs
01-08-2012, 08:41 PM
I am on a mac using google chrome, and every page on Hibs.net has some words in green with a line under them, and if you put the mouse on it brings up an advert or adverts. Is this a new thing on here, or do i have a problem with my mac?

Here's a screenshot of this.

Mark79
01-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Have you claimed your PPI refund? Give me a call as you may be eligible.

goosefat
01-08-2012, 08:50 PM
I am on a mac using google chrome, and every page on Hibs.net has some words in green with a line under them, and if you put the mouse on it brings up an advert or adverts. Is this a new thing on here, or do i have a problem with my mac?

Lots of sites are doing this now, including the official Hibernian site. It's active in all browsers on both Mac & PC.

You think "why is this word highlighted?", roll over it and get a popup ad for Fed-Ex or something. If find it not in the least bit irritating and it makes me want to use Fed-Ex for all my shipping needs...

:brickwall

blackpoolhibs
01-08-2012, 08:54 PM
Lots of sites are doing this now, including the official Hibernian site. It's active in all browsers on both Mac & PC.

You think "why is this word highlighted?", roll over it and get a popup ad for Fed-Ex or something. If find it not in the least bit irritating and it makes me want to use Fed-Ex for all my shipping needs...

:brickwall

Cheers, is there any way to turn this sheite off?

HibeeDave
01-08-2012, 08:56 PM

Yip, there is a little x in the top right corner :greengrin

Wembley67
01-08-2012, 08:57 PM
I'm also getting a bizarre tool bar appearing at the foot of bbc news website...I'm also on a mac, anyone else getting this?

Wembley67
01-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Just went on to chrome extensions and disabled something called fast save, restarted the browser now everything is grand.

Mikey
01-08-2012, 09:09 PM
It'll be a Google Chrome thing, not hibs.net.

blackpoolhibs
01-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Just went on to chrome extensions and disabled something called fast save, restarted the browser now everything is grand.

:top marks

HibeeDave
01-08-2012, 09:53 PM

blackpoolhibs
01-08-2012, 10:23 PM

No there's not? :na na: