PDA

View Full Version : Smellies v Helsinki.

blackpoolhibs
01-08-2012, 06:42 PM
Poor crowd in at the minute, and it kicks off at 7.45. Come on Helsinki, stick it right up these soap dodging pricks.

VickMackie
01-08-2012, 06:45 PM
I'll equal out my 'bigotry' by saying I hope they get ****ed. No CL money, go bust and start as Sevco1888.

On a serious note, them going out brings them ten million closer to us. Hopefully it remains like that.

Spike Mandela
01-08-2012, 07:14 PM
Personally I hope Celtic make it through to group stages so the Sevco hordes know what they are missing. The more Scottish football continues as normal and lets the Rangers apologists knw that they are currently an irrelavent distraction the better as far as I am concerned.

blackpoolhibs
01-08-2012, 07:30 PM
0-0 HT, no real chances apart from both teams having penalty claims. An away goal would be nice.:greengrin

Jim44
01-08-2012, 07:32 PM
Personally I hope Celtic make it through to group stages so the Sevco hordes know what they are missing. The more Scottish football continues as normal and lets the Rangers apologists knw that they are currently an irrelavent distraction the better as far as I am concerned.

I agree. Any negativity or hardship in the SPL only serves to feed their ego. I never thought I'd hear myself say this but a Celtic win would help to keep their pipe at a peep.

blackpoolhibs
01-08-2012, 07:35 PM
I agree. Any negativity or hardship in the SPL only serves to feed their ego. I never thought I'd hear myself say this but a Celtic win would help to keep their pipe at a peep.

Personally dont give a toss what they think or say. The less they have to spend the better for me, and any game they lose is also a bonus in my book.

Saorsa
01-08-2012, 07:42 PM
Personally dont give a toss what they think or say. The less they have to spend the better for me, and any game they lose is also a bonus in my book.:agree:

Hope they get ****ed :agree:

Sylar
01-08-2012, 07:45 PM
I hoped for St Johnstone and Motherwell to progress, as I hope Dundee United and Hearts get a decent run.

However, I can't bring myself to extend such hopes to the Tims and hope they get pumped out sharpish :agree:

grunt
01-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Oops.

blackpoolhibs
:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

.Sean.
1 nil HJK.

Hermit Crab
01-08-2012, 07:47 PM
1 nil HJK.

Good finish at 2nd attempt

blackpoolhibs
01-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Celtic hit the post, its a shame. :wink:

Nando™
01-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Pleasing.

Saorsa
01-08-2012, 07:51 PM
http://www.statarea.com/images/teams/embl/977.png
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

grunt
01-08-2012, 07:52 PM
1 all.

blackpoolhibs
01-08-2012, 07:53 PM
1-1

Sylar

Hermit Crab
1-1 pooper

Saorsa
booooooo

Twiglet
01-08-2012, 07:54 PM
1-1 pooper

Remember - away goal...

Hermit Crab
01-08-2012, 08:00 PM
2-1Lucky goal

Saorsa
01-08-2012, 08:00 PM
**** off

frazeHFC
01-08-2012, 08:01 PM
Even if they get through this tie, will they not end up unseeded in the last qualifying round and get a pumping off of the likes of Chelsea? :devil:

bod
01-08-2012, 08:11 PM
c'mon selic
for the good of scottish football i hope every team representing scotland gets through their next game

GreenPJ
01-08-2012, 08:16 PM
c'mon selic
for the good of scottish football i hope every team representing scotland gets through their next game

:agree: Scottish football is struggling in terms of finances and reputation. Any progress any Scottish team at the moment has to be for the good of scottish football.

ballengeich
01-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Even if they get through this tie, will they not end up unseeded in the last qualifying round and get a pumping off of the likes of Chelsea? :devil:

No. The qualifying is arranged so that the champions of smaller countries are kept apart from the 3rd/4th teams of the big leagues. If Celtic get through they'll play the champions of a league similar to our own. With the money they have they'll be favourites to get into the Champions' League section stage. Mind, Rangers should have been able to make it last season.

East Coast Hibe
01-08-2012, 08:30 PM
If you have been listening on radio Scotland, Is it just me, or does anyone else think that Kenny Shields is a proper twat ??

Baldy Foghorn
01-08-2012, 08:31 PM
If you have been listening on radio Scotland, Is it just me, or does anyone else think that Kenny Shields is a proper twat ??

Kenny Shiels has always been a twat, remember him greeting after a match at ER.....

grunt
01-08-2012, 08:33 PM
If you have been listening on radio Scotland, Is it just me, or does anyone else think that Kenny Shields is a proper twat ??What's he been saying?

Baldy Foghorn
01-08-2012, 08:33 PM
I hoped for St Johnstone and Motherwell to progress, as I hope Dundee United and Hearts get a decent run.

However, I can't bring myself to extend such hopes to the Tims and hope they get pumped out sharpish :agree:

:wtf::wtf::wtf:

3pm
01-08-2012, 08:35 PM

WTF......and FTH.

adhibs
01-08-2012, 08:37 PM

strange that a hibs fan would want hearts to progress especialy considering there support of scottish clubs in europe isnt across the board

Baldy Foghorn
01-08-2012, 08:37 PM
WTF......and FTH.

:agree::agree::agree:

frazeHFC
01-08-2012, 08:41 PM

WTF......and FTH.

:agree::agree::agree:

:agree:

WhileTheChief..
01-08-2012, 08:41 PM
On a serious note, them going out brings them ten million closer to us. Hopefully it remains like that.

Absolutely :agree:

Added to the fact that soon they will get a smaller slice of the TV money we might start to see a more level playing field. They won't be going out spending big money if they fail to qualify so the league might be closer than the predicted 30+ points.

glenn6270
01-08-2012, 08:42 PM
if its no hibs playing i dinny give a ****

NOLA
01-08-2012, 08:48 PM
quite like to see celtic get through to the champions league proper, gives us something to laugh about in a few months time :greengrin as for the money side of things they will always be far ahead of the rest of the spl anyway, makes no difference.

The Modfather
01-08-2012, 08:53 PM

WTF......and FTH.

My old man and brother are Jambos (to our families shame :greengrin), I grew up with Hearts as a footballing rivalry, nothing more. The folk on each side of the Edinburgh divide that hate each other (I'm not saying you two do because I quoted you both), WTF is that all about? We're not the Old Firm (something I'm proud of)

The Old Firm are the real cancer of Scottish football. As such they are the only two teams I'll never want to win a corner, never mind win a match.

Jim44
01-08-2012, 09:01 PM
I'm not quite sure what this thread is meant to be about, but out of interest does anyone know what the final score was.

Cabbage East
01-08-2012, 09:04 PM

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight :rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
01-08-2012, 09:08 PM
My old man and brother are Jambos (to our families shame :greengrin), I grew up with Hearts as a footballing rivalry, nothing more. The folk on each side of the Edinburgh divide that hate each other (I'm not saying you two do because I quoted you both), WTF is that all about? We're not the Old Firm (something I'm proud of)

The Old Firm are the real cancer of Scottish football. As such they are the only two teams I'll never want to win a corner, never mind win a match.

I am a Hibs supporter, and can also say unashamedly that I hate, loathe, despise call it what you will, the manky mob from Gorgie.....

The Modfather
01-08-2012, 09:20 PM
I am a Hibs supporter, and can also say unashamedly that I hate, loathe, despise call it what you will, the manky mob from Gorgie.....

Why? What makes it anything other than a local footballing rivalry for you?

I don't mean to sound condescending, so apologies if I come across that way, but I can't help feel the mindset of "hate, loathing or despising" is actually closer to bitterness and inferiority as a result of our derby record being as horrifically unexplainable as it is.

Hibs Class
01-08-2012, 09:27 PM
I'm not quite sure what this thread is meant to be about, but out of interest does anyone know what the final score was.

2-1 to celtc. I'd forgotten they were playing until I saw this thread.

Cabbage East
01-08-2012, 09:34 PM

I don't mean to sound condescending, so apologies if I come across that way, but I can't help feel the mindset of "hate, loathing or despising" is actually closer to bitterness and inferiority as a result of our derby record being as horrifically unexplainable as it is.

History. That's what. Nothing to do with records or inferiority. Do you go to the games?

Baldy Foghorn
01-08-2012, 09:40 PM

Im not bitter nor do I feel inferior, in fact I feel like a God when in the presence of a mutant.

I have attended every derby since 1983, and hate them more each day. I pride myself on hating them.....

cabbageandribs1875
01-08-2012, 09:48 PM
WTF......and FTH.

seconded

The Modfather
01-08-2012, 09:48 PM
History. That's what. Nothing to do with records or inferiority. Do you go to the games?

Not so much this last 2 or 3 years. Why do you ask?

Now, I only really go to games that are £15 or under, not because I can't afford it, but because that is all I feel it is worth. Ironicaly I used to go near enough home and away each week when I was younger despite not really being able to afford it. Now that I can afford it I seem to drift further and further from Hibs each season.

Baldy Foghorn
01-08-2012, 09:55 PM
Not so much this last 2 or 3 years. Why do you ask?

Now, I only really go to games that are £15 or under, not because I can't afford it, but because that is all I feel it is worth. Ironicaly I used to go near enough home and away each week when I was younger despite not really being able to afford it. Now that I can afford it I seem to drift further and further from Hibs each season.

That would explain why you can't understand other's hating of the yams then......

Saorsa
01-08-2012, 09:59 PM
quite like to see celtic get through to the champions league proper, gives us something to laugh about in a few months time :greengrin as for the money side of things they will always be far ahead of the rest of the spl anyway, makes no difference.I'd rather laugh at them going out now. As for any Hibs fan wanting h****s tae dae well, I cannae and never will get that. **** h****s

Saorsa
01-08-2012, 10:00 PM
I am a Hibs supporter, and can also say unashamedly that I hate, loathe, despise call it what you will, the manky mob from Gorgie.....:top marks

The Modfather
01-08-2012, 10:06 PM
That would explain why you can't understand other's hating of the yams then......

But I still didn't "hate" them when I was going regularly, we're not the old firm. Anyway, que sera and all that.

As an aside, I'm probably miles off, but think we might have been in the same group that went through to the wild west to see the Inspiral Carpets a few months ago. Random, but there you go.

Baldy Foghorn
01-08-2012, 10:22 PM
But I still didn't "hate" them when I was going regularly, we're not the old firm. Anyway, que sera and all that.

As an aside, I'm probably miles off, but think we might have been in the same group that went through to the wild west to see the Inspiral Carpets a few months ago. Random, but there you go.

Dunfermline and Falkirk are not the old firm, but both hate each other.....Its rivalry, it happens......

Cabbage East
01-08-2012, 10:33 PM

Why do you keep mentioning the old firm? What have they got to do with it? I fail to see the relevance? I dont think you quite get 'it'.

monktonharp
01-08-2012, 10:40 PM
Why do you keep mentioning the old firm? What have they got to do with it? I fail to see the relevance? I dont think you quite get 'it'.:agree:

DAVE1875
01-08-2012, 11:15 PM
Man Utd and Leeds United hate each other and they're in two different cities. Same with United and Liverpool. Aberdeen and Der Hun absolutely loath eachother and they're at opposite ends of the country.

It's a rivalry thing, you hate anything and everything to do with your rivals. Unless you have friends who just unfortunately happen to support them.

That being said I will admit I was cheering for Hearts the night we beat the Huns at Legobox & they beat Smelltic at PBS, turned more into a city vs. city evening which Edinburgh won

nonshinyfinish
02-08-2012, 07:52 AM

I don't hate anyone because of football. I do want Hearts to lose every game they play.

allezsauzee
02-08-2012, 08:04 AM
My dislike of Hearts developed into full blooded hatred when i lived at Ardmillan for a couple of years and was treated to their non football related selection of songs every couple of weeks. Fortunate enough to not be huns yet they want to be huns, what's that all about?

Eyrie
02-08-2012, 10:45 AM
I think "hate" is too strong a term. Hate means you'd find a Hearts fan guilty regardless of the evidence if you were on a jury. Hate is what Nick Griffin feels towards non-whites.

I don't like Hearts as a club. I don't like the way they are run, I don't like the way their fans gloat and I'm unhappy that they have more trophies and a better derby record than us. But I'm not foolish enough to think that we wouldn't do the same if we had the superior record and more trophies.

There are some Hearts fans who take it too far, just as some Hibs fans do, but that says more about those people as individuals than it does the rivalry between our teams.

Baldy Foghorn
02-08-2012, 11:09 AM
I think "hate" is too strong a term. Hate means you'd find a Hearts fan guilty regardless of the evidence if you were on a jury. Hate is what Nick Griffin feels towards non-whites.

I don't like Hearts as a club. I don't like the way they are run, I don't like the way their fans gloat and I'm unhappy that they have more trophies and a better derby record than us. But I'm not foolish enough to think that we wouldn't do the same if we had the superior record and more trophies.

There are some Hearts fans who take it too far, just as some Hibs fans do, but that says more about those people as individuals than it does the rivalry between our teams.

Nick Griffin was on a flight I was on recently, and there was non-whites on flight too....He didnt look bothered or upset to be on same flight.....

Hibs fans hating Hearts shocker, it happens.......

superfurryhibby
02-08-2012, 11:39 AM

Totally agree. Hate is uncool.

Baldy Foghorn
02-08-2012, 12:50 PM
Totally agree. Hate is uncool.

Too soft.

PF reckons we are too soft as a Club, and here we have some fans saying hate is a strong word or uncool.....I HATE EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THEM, for that I make no apology.....

marinello59
02-08-2012, 01:36 PM
Too soft.

PF reckons we are too soft as a Club, and here we have some fans saying hate is a strong word or uncool.....I HATE EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THEM, for that I make no apology.....

I am not so sure that giving in to an emotion like hate is a show of strength. Hatred over a game? I'll pass on that one.

Newry Hibs
02-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Nick Griffin was on a flight I was on recently, and there was non-whites on flight too....He didnt look bothered or upset to be on same flight.....

Hibs fans hating Hearts shocker, it happens.......

Were you were heading out of the UK at the time?? :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
02-08-2012, 03:18 PM
I am not so sure that giving in to an emotion like hate is a show of strength. Hatred over a game? I'll pass on that one.

Each to their own M59.....

Baldy Foghorn
02-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Were you were heading out of the UK at the time?? :greengrin

Yes, Brussels (must have been work related in his case)

Hibercelona
04-08-2012, 09:32 AM
I would say I hate them.

However.

Hate isn't a strong enough word.