Hamish
01-08-2012, 08:59 AM
http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=home_Fixtures

Saorsa
01-08-2012, 09:00 AM
I wish we had lost this whole ****in' lousy TV deal

ahibby
01-08-2012, 09:00 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggg ggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Golden Bear
01-08-2012, 09:02 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggg ggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I'll second that.

:grr:

Beefster
01-08-2012, 09:03 AM
Joke.

southsider
01-08-2012, 09:08 AM
two sundays on the bounce. its nuts. i hate hibs games on a sunday.

happiehibbie
01-08-2012, 09:12 AM
two sundays on the bounce. its nuts. i hate hibs games on a sunday.

keep football on a saturday

Keith_M
01-08-2012, 09:13 AM
Here is an anouncement from Hibs.......

"Get behind the club and buy Season Tickets.

If you make plans to attend games at a previously announced time, book transport, days off, accomodation, etc, we still reserve the right to change the time and date of the game at short notice. If that means you've just lost a lot of money in the process and the Season Ticket is no longer value for money, then tough.

But remember, we're all in this together (but some of us are more in it together than others **).

Best regards, The Club"

** With apologies to George Orwell.

PatHead
01-08-2012, 09:13 AM
This is the price we are going to pay for getting rid of "The Rangers". We are going to be on tv more often.

Although annoying probably a price worth paying.

marinello59
01-08-2012, 09:15 AM
This is the price we are going to pay for getting rid of "The Rangers". We are going to be on tv more often.

Exactly. Very irritating but everything has a cost.

lyonhibs
01-08-2012, 09:16 AM
Hibs vs Hearts is now the biggest league game in Scotland.

Did anyone seriously think it wouldn't be on telly?? :confused:

Mikey
01-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Here is an anouncement from Hibs.......

Is that really fair?

StevesFamau5
01-08-2012, 09:17 AM
So empty stadiums all round... :banghead: how can they expect to fill a ground on a sunday lunchtime without either a. Lowering gate peices and offering season ticket holders a deal. Or b. Buy one ticket get one free... Or am i being way too simplistic here. :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Keith_M
01-08-2012, 09:18 AM
Is that really fair?

If you think it's not, feel free to explain why.

muirhousehibby
01-08-2012, 09:18 AM

Agh gutted too, youth football starts back same sunday so that rule out a few people, I'm now one of them.

ahibby
01-08-2012, 09:19 AM

Sorry mate but this isn't fair at all. They have been selling tickets for an event to take place on Saturday at 3pm only to move it to Sunday ten days before the event. In doing so they are creaming the paying fans and I for one will not allow this to happen to me again. I've had it with the whole lot. Next season I'll use my money towards a golf membership and maybe I'll be guaranteed a game on Saturday

Geo_1875
01-08-2012, 09:19 AM
Absolute ****ing disgrace.

I was down at ER on Monday renewing my ST.

Now have to go back down to cancel.

I need to give my employers more notice for time off than the SPL need to change the date/time of games.

The SPL/SFA/SKY/ESPN can go **** themselves and to be honest so can the clubs that don't have the bottle to stand up to them.

LancashireHibby
01-08-2012, 09:20 AM
Was always likely to happen. The following week's games don't seem to be confirmed yet either?

Staggering that the link on the SPL website still lists 'Club 12' by the way.

Part/Time Supporter
01-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Was always likely to happen. The following week's games don't seem to be confirmed yet either?

Staggering that the link on the SPL website still lists 'Club 12' by the way.

That's because the SPL share hasn't yet been transferred from Rangers FC plc (IA) to Dundee.

On topic, I'm bemused that folk seriously thought the derby was going to be on the Saturday 3pm if there was any sort of TV contract.

LancashireHibby
01-08-2012, 09:23 AM
That's because the SPL share hasn't yet been transferred from Rangers FC plc (IA) to Dundee.
Good point, hadn't thought of that.

Baldy Foghorn
01-08-2012, 09:24 AM

Its the price we all pay for having SKY/ESPN, its revenue at the end of the day.

TV dictates kick off times, its the nature of the beast. Of course it doesn't make it right, but its not Hibs fault, and every other club will be impacted at some stage too.....

Saorsa
01-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Its the price we all pay for having SKY/ESPN, its revenue at the end of the day.

TV dictates kick off times, its the nature of the beast. Of course it doesn't make it right, but its not Hibs fault, and every other club will be impacted at some stage too.....apart fae the smellies and their hame games?

I'm_cabbaged
01-08-2012, 09:26 AM
FFS!! Got stroke play championship that weekend. ***** sick of this and we huvnae even kicked a ba' yet.

Part/Time Supporter
01-08-2012, 09:28 AM
apart fae the smellies and their hame games?

I read somewhere that Celtic are having to accept that more of their home games will have to be shown as part of the new deal.

Golden Bear
01-08-2012, 09:30 AM
Season ticket holders aside, the nature of TV scheduling has got to have a detrimental impact on advance ticket sales for the "pay as you go" punters.

Annoying, but it's where we are unfortunately.

DC_Hibs
01-08-2012, 09:32 AM
This was always likely to happen so not a surprise really. Ideally games would all be 3pm on a Saturday but those days are long gone and the derby is regularly shown live and more so with no old firm games.

The notice given for the Utd game change and now this one is very poor but there are exceptional circumstances with the TV deal not being agreed until this week. Like it or not, TV is still a major percentage of income so clubs will continue to bend over and take it rather than lose the money....especially with the income reduction from the demise of HunDog FC.

Compare it to other countries and you will see that Saturday and Sunday afternoons with short distances to travel are fek all in the grand scheme of things.

PatHead
01-08-2012, 09:32 AM
apart fae the smellies and their hame games?

There first home game is on tv. I think they will also find more home games being televised as they don't have the Old Firm derby to televise. They also don't need to hold back games to show them winning the league in March/April as the job will be done by February.

ESPN/Sky are only interested in viewing figures so they are only interested in The Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen who provide the bulk of their subscriptions. The rest will make up the numbers.

Hibbyradge
01-08-2012, 09:33 AM
I can't go on the Sunday.

marinello59
01-08-2012, 09:33 AM
Sorry mate but this isn't fair at all. They have been selling tickets for an event to take place on Saturday at 3pm only to move it to Sunday ten days before the event. In doing so they are creaming the paying fans and I for one will not allow this to happen to me again. I've had it with the whole lot. Next season I'll use my money towards a golf membership and maybe I'll be guaranteed a game on Saturday

It's annoying but the lateness of the announcement was determined by exceptional cirumstances. The fans demanded that Sevco start in SFL3. Surely when we did that we knew that everything has benefits and costs, this is a cost.

marinello59
01-08-2012, 09:34 AM

You should email the club, explain your circumstances and ask them to change it back to the Saturday. :agree:

Andy74
01-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Do fans of the likes of Man U, Chelsea, Man City etc stay away due to constantly playing on different days or do they just get on with finding a way to support their team?

We pretty much should know by now that SPL games can be a range of times and the bigger games in particular will be likely to be outwith the Saturday 3pm slot.

Hibbyradge
01-08-2012, 09:39 AM
You should email the club, explain your circumstances and ask them to change it back to the Saturday. :agree:

Thanks for the suggestion.

Hermit Crab
01-08-2012, 09:39 AM

I couldn't go on the Saturday but now I can.

Hibbyradge
01-08-2012, 09:40 AM

Ah well, with every cloud there's a silver lining.

Unless you've been looking at the clouds in Edinburgh recently...

Renfrew_Hibby
01-08-2012, 09:40 AM
On a personal level i'm over the moon as i had to work on the Saturday!
I know 3PM Saturday kick offs are what we want as it's tradition and is less disruptive to our weekend plans ect but surely we need to adapt? TV is now a major part of our game, it has been for years now and yet as fans we have still not got used to it. Fans of English teams seem to have adapted. I mean Liverpool v Chelsea getting moved to a 12:30 on a Sunday wouldn't see a drop in attendance now would it? It would still be a full house.
Its the modern game just what is so disruptive about a Sunday kick off in our 24/7 society?

LancashireHibby
01-08-2012, 09:42 AM
Do fans of the likes of Man U, Chelsea, Man City etc stay away due to constantly playing on different days or do they just get on with finding a way to support their team?

We pretty much should know by now that SPL games can be a range of times and the bigger games in particular will be likely to be outwith the Saturday 3pm slot.
For every person who can't make those games, they have two people ready to take their seat. We don't have that flexibility. Nor indeed do the above mentioned clubs have fixtures moved at less than three weeks notice (and much less than that in the case of the Dundee Utd away game).

bod
01-08-2012, 09:45 AM

same with me :thumbsup:
saturday fitbas rubbish anyway , long live sunday lunchtime KOs

Bob Box Fish
01-08-2012, 09:45 AM
Can't go now :(

Pretty Boy
01-08-2012, 09:46 AM
Brilliant.

Now I'll miss the first 2 games of the season due to other previously booked commitments.

Still suppose I shouldn't complain and just find a.way round it to support the team.

Saorsa
01-08-2012, 09:46 AM

We pretty much should know by now that SPL games can be a range of times and the bigger games in particular will be likely to be outwith the Saturday 3pm slot.Their clubs get a bloody lot mair money for the inconvenience. It may no stop fans going tae games they can actually make but it sure as hell will discourage people buying season tickets. First hame game of the season and already we have people who cannae make a game they've already paid for. In this country the fans put in a far bigger percentage of the money compared tae the TV income as the TV deal from SKY is piddling. It probably cost us as much if no mair than we made out of it last season because of where we finished in the league. Maybe soon they'll have tae decide between the TV money and the number of ST's they sell when they piss off enough folk with these KO times.

16 different KO times last season and played on every day apart from a Thursday, ****in' ridiculous for the pishy money on offer IMO.

easty
01-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Works out better for me, I would have missed it on the Saturday, now I can go. :aok:

Phil MaGlass
01-08-2012, 09:56 AM
This was always likely to happen so not a surprise really. Ideally games would all be 3pm on a Saturday but those days are long gone and the derby is regularly shown live and more so with no old firm games.

The notice given for the Utd game change and now this one is very poor but there are exceptional circumstances with the TV deal not being agreed until this week. Like it or not, TV is still a major percentage of income so clubs will continue to bend over and take it rather than lose the money....especially with the income reduction from the demise of HunDog FC.

Compare it to other countries and you will see that Saturday and Sunday afternoons with short distances to travel are fek all in the grand scheme of things.

Try telling that to folk who have paid for trains, planes, accomodation, working double shifts, changing shift times with colleagues etc..etc..etc....

**** ever buying a season ticket

blackpoolhibs
01-08-2012, 10:05 AM
Good job i never booked the train for Saturday, not sure if i will make this now? :rolleyes: A season ticket really is not worth it at all these days for me, what a bloody idiot i was again for renewing. :bitchy:

Phil MaGlass
01-08-2012, 10:07 AM
Good job i never booked the train for Saturday, not sure if i will make this now? :rolleyes: A season ticket really is not worth it at all these days for me, what a bloody idiot i was again for renewing. :bitchy:

refund?

lord bunberry
01-08-2012, 10:07 AM
I think everyone accepts that these games will more often than not be changed for tv the annoying thing is that its been changed at such short notice. We were supposed to be running a bus up to tannadice on sunday that's probably not going to happen now its a pain in the a***

DC_Hibs
01-08-2012, 10:09 AM
Try telling that to folk who have paid for trains, planes, accomodation, working double shifts, changing shift times with colleagues etc..etc..etc....

**** ever buying a season ticket

Aye me. I booked flights from Frankfurt for Utd and Hearts games months back and ensured that my flights cover Saturday and Sunday games.
Thanks for your consideration pal yeah.

It's unfortunate for some though.

cocopops1875
01-08-2012, 10:10 AM
FFS!! Got stroke play championship that weekend. ***** sick of this and we huvnae even kicked a ba' yet.

It's our clubs invitational greensomes so no gonna get to play in that now really am sick of all this and am considering turning in my season book though tbh dunno if I have any rights to do so( by the way for those who ask I did assume it would be moved but figured to 12:15 on the Saturday ) its a right mess

blackpoolhibs
01-08-2012, 10:13 AM
refund?

Aye right, Saturdays are makeable, 12.30 kick offs make it difficult but i can just about make it. Sundays are not, but as usual tv dictates when the games are played. :rolleyes:

frazeHFC
01-08-2012, 10:15 AM
My goddddddddd FMF

Hermit Crab
01-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Ah well, with every cloud there's a silver lining.

Unless you've been looking at the clouds in Edinburgh recently...

It is pish mate I agree but unfortunately we will have to live with this. So much for sell out Saturday..........

andrew70
01-08-2012, 10:18 AM
Dundee derby changed the week later but congrats to Dundee United for reducing prices and setting an example all clubs should look to when KO times are sacrificed.

@dundeeunitedfc: Change of date for Dundee game and reduced prices. http://t.co/VzBhnkyd

Renfrew_Hibby
01-08-2012, 10:18 AM
I think we should have been prepared for this change. I mean when was the last time we played them at 3pm on a Sat?
I buy a season every year (only cos i can afford it, wouldn't if i had other commitments) even though i know im not going to get to every game. I also work most Saturdays and it only through a lot of jigery-pokery that i make most home games.
Why do i do this to myself every year? Cos i fu**en love the Hibees and i will do all i an to help the cause, more so this year.
We have allowed TV to grip the business of football by the ganglies and until his changes then this is the way its going to be.

Phil MaGlass
01-08-2012, 10:26 AM
I think we should have been prepared for this change. I mean when was the last time we played them at 3pm on a Sat?
I buy a season every year (only cos i can afford it, wouldn't if i had other commitments) even though i know im not going to get to every game. I also work most Saturdays and it only through a lot of jigery-pokery that i make most home games.
Why do i do this to myself every year? Cos i fu**en love the Hibees and i will do all i an to help the cause, more so this year.
We have allowed TV to grip the business of football by the ganglies and until his changes then this is the way its going to be.

why not just pay for the games you CAN go to and spend whatever money you would have saved in the club shop, atleast then you wouldnt have lost money on a ST and you would have merchandise to show for it, you´d still be supporting the club?

Hongkong Phooey
01-08-2012, 10:33 AM
What a nightmare. Flying Back from Hong Kong to do the game on Sat and Blur on the Sunday in london.

Baws!

hibsmad
01-08-2012, 10:34 AM

I can go on the Sunday.

Renfrew_Hibby
01-08-2012, 10:41 AM
why not just pay for the games you CAN go to and spend whatever money you would have saved in the club shop, atleast then you wouldnt have lost money on a ST and you would have merchandise to show for it, you´d still be supporting the club?

Good point. I have just got into the routine of getting a season ticket. I got my first when i was 16 and this is now my 18th year of doing so. I did it as a way of guaranteed tickets for derbys old firm matches ect. I know i will always get a ticket for ER nowadays but comming from the West i like the security that a season gives me. I know that if we make a cup final then i will alway get a couple of tickets no matter what. I couldn't handle missing out on a cup final.
I'm still daft enough to buy loads of stuff from the shop... I guess Hibs have me by the ganglies!

Geo_1875
01-08-2012, 10:52 AM
It's annoying but the lateness of the announcement was determined by exceptional cirumstances. The fans demanded that Sevco start in SFL3. Surely when we did that we knew that everything has benefits and costs, this is a cost.

I've no problem with the game being on a Sunday and I've no problem with the game being at 12:30 other than football should be played at 3:00 pm on Saturdays.

What infuriates me is we're trying to sell season tickets and match tickets with the game advertised as Saturday 3:00pm and people are parting with money in good faith having scrambled around making arrangements at work and at home. Some will have already parted with money for non-refundable travel tickets based on the game being advertised as Saturday 3:00 pm kick-off.

Yes we should have expected the game to be moved for TV. But boy wouldn't we have looked stupid if we all arranged for the Sunday off work, bought train tickets for Sunday morning and told the missus we wouldn't be ****ging her before Sunday breakfast in bed if the game hadn't been moved.

hibs4life
01-08-2012, 10:54 AM
I think most of us grudgingly accept fluctuations with times and days for KO times, it is the short notice that is.hard to bear. Maybe the Sevco issue is to blame thus far but an apology for this change and a commitment to a decent notice period for the remainder of the season must just assuage some of the fans' frustration.

hibeedonald
01-08-2012, 10:57 AM
****ing joke, why not just make it 5pm on saturday on 12.30 on saturday, at least those with travel plans may be less disrupted, seriously how much do we gain from the games being on telly vs all the ticket money we lose from people who chose to stay at home due to k.o. times like these.

green&left
01-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Hibs vs Hearts is now the biggest league game in Scotland.

Did anyone seriously think it wouldn't be on telly?? :confused:

In terms of viewing figures, probably after any Celtic & Rangers league game...

Agree with what your saying, more the fact they've changed it to a different day to what its been advertised for months at, 11 days before kick-off.

The German fans kicked up a fuss as they were only getting 12 weeks notice for televised games. We've had a kick-off changed at 6 days then another at 11 days. All this for a whopping £800k a season.

VickMackie
01-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Gutted about this tbh and the decision will knock figures off the gate now IMO.

I don't have a st but will be going with someone who is and they don't go to every game due to age and normally watch the televised games in the house.

Attendance is in doubt for me now.

green&left
01-08-2012, 11:00 AM

I'm sure the £50m+ they get per season makes it easier. Also there TV schedule has a bit more structure. Games are announced well in advanced and generally at the same TV slots.

Geo_1875
01-08-2012, 11:04 AM
I'm sure the £50m+ they get per season makes it easier. Also there TV schedule has a bit more structure. Games are announced well in advanced and generally at the same TV slots.

Exactly. How many different slots did our games appear in last season?

I recall 13/14 being mentioned.

green&left
01-08-2012, 11:07 AM
Exactly. How many different slots did our games appear in last season?

I recall 13/14 being mentioned.

Sure someone said 16 different kick-off time (Maybe Petrie on that BBC debate a while back). *** farce really.

--------
01-08-2012, 11:08 AM
I'm really beginning to wonder why I should bother my backside about Hibs these days. That's the first two games of the season playing on days and at times I can't possibly attend. No doubt these are but the first (and second) of many to come.

This carry-on affected our gates last season, will certainly affect the gate at this first derby, and will also likely continue to affect gates througghout the season.

The fixture list published on the Official site apparently means absolutely nothing - any or all of those fixtures could be played at different times from those announced, at the whim of the TV channels and the club.

I am seriously irked. :bitchy:

Gatecrasher
01-08-2012, 11:21 AM
to be expected but i'm still a bit peeved at this, first 2 games on a Sunday and 12:30 is really a pish Ko time. I agree with others i would rather we didnt have a TV deal at all and played at our natural level as a nation. What about folk already bought tickets for the 3pm on Saturday :confused: No consideration shown for the fans again. Just as well my subscription has already been cancelled to save me the bother now.

Albanian Hibs
01-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Is it on sky sports or espn?

RIP
01-08-2012, 11:28 AM
I'm really beginning to wonder why I should bother my backside about Hibs these days. That's the first two games of the season playing on days and at times I can't possibly attend. No doubt these are but the first (and second) of many to come.

This carry-on affected our gates last season, will certainly affect the gate at this first derby, and will also likely continue to affect gates througghout the season. The fixture list published on the Official site apparently means absolutely nothing - any or all of those fixtures could be played at different times from those announced, at the whim of the TV channels and the club.

I am seriously irked. :bitchy:

Likewise :grr:

A large percentage of non-renewers we have called in the survey cite changed matches and disruption to family life as their reason for non-renewal

At the moment our club are at the tipping point of an SPL-wide supporter campaign against TV dictated kick-off times. It's set to be the next Big Issue after Newco

We voted against the last TV deal and suffered the greatest financial loss last season as a result. It's probably costing us a couple of thousand season tickets

Supporter Power needs to be displayed and if they can do it in other countries (Germany?) we can succeed in Scotland

Let's get busy :take that

stewpot
01-08-2012, 11:40 AM

A large percentage of non-renewers we have called in the survey cite changed matches and disruption to family life as their reason for non-renewal

At the moment our club are at the tipping point of an SPL-wide supporter campaign against TV dictated kick-off times. It's set to be the next Big Issue after Newco

We voted against the last TV deal and suffered the greatest financial loss last season as a result. It's probably costing us a couple of thousand season tickets

Supporter Power needs to be displayed and if they can do it in other countries (Germany?) we can succeed in Scotland

What do you suggest then

GGTTH07
01-08-2012, 11:42 AM
Absoloute ****** raging. Cant make it on a Sunday as of such short notice!!

hibbymac
01-08-2012, 11:48 AM
Sell out Saturday :bitchy: .......... Half empty Sunday :agree:

Gerard
01-08-2012, 11:54 AM

In an ideal world football would be on Saturday at 3PM. Hibs are part of the SPL and the other SPL clubs voted for the TV deal. Hibs have to accept this decision. OUR CLUB needs US to buy season tickets if that is possible. If our club is to have a good season this year Pat Fenlon needs the money to buy players. That will come primarily from Season ticket sales.
G

carnoustiehibee
01-08-2012, 12:01 PM
And people on here wonder why fans aren't buying season tickets!!

Bishop Hibee
01-08-2012, 12:03 PM

Sunday lunchtime kick offs are a pain for me. We usually visit my wife's side or my side of the family for lunch. Mucho grief when I tell her I'm going to the fitba'. While I will be there, their are plenty who just won't bother especially if they can watch it at home on tv or online.

I'd like to think fans can make a difference. Even having a fixed time for matches shown on a Saturday/Sunday/Monday night would be something rather than the crazy 15 minute moves either way etc.

14K my prediction for the derby crowd now.

JohnStephens91
I'm fortunate enough to work in a bar so I can easily work around any kick off time on a Saturday or Sunday. I feel sorry for the people who don't have the flexibility due to travel, other commitments and work, but it is the nature of the beast of the rip-off TV deal and it should be expected that the Edinburgh derby would be a Sunday 12:30 kick off regardless of what was on the ticket.

Beefster
There first home game is on tv. I think they will also find more home games being televised as they don't have the Old Firm derby to televise. They also don't need to hold back games to show them winning the league in March/April as the job will be done by February.

ESPN/Sky are only interested in viewing figures so they are only interested in The Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen who provide the bulk of their subscriptions. The rest will make up the numbers.

The SPL champions' first home game is always on TV.

joebakerforever
01-08-2012, 12:04 PM
Sell out Saturday :bitchy: .......... Half empty Sunday :agree:

All is not lost on Saturday, get along to Armadale for a red hot Speedway meeting where Edinburgh Monarchs take on league leaders, Newcastle Diamonds at 7pm.

Reduced admission prices are £12 for adults, seniors, students and children 16 to 18. For children 12 to 15 it will be £4 and for under 12s £1.

jgl07
01-08-2012, 12:09 PM

Last season Man City home games at 3:00pm on Saturday sold out much quicker than mid-week or lunchtime or Sunday matches.

Tollhouse Hibee
01-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Its a total shambles, and we are being made to suffer two weeks in a row. i guess my season now starts on 25th August.

SPL is a total farce! Sellout saturday has now just become half full if your lucky sunday. No way i am doing a 300 mile trip on a sunday!

WarringtonHibee
01-08-2012, 12:12 PM
Doubt I'll bother now, first train from down here Sunday morning arrives at 12:39. :rolleyes:

Wembley67
Sums it up when I and I imagine many others just don't care anymore about this announcement.

PatHead
Sunday lunchtime kick offs are a pain for me. We usually visit my wife's side or my side of the family for lunch. Mucho grief when I tell her I'm going to the fitba'. While I will be there, their are plenty who just won't bother especially if they can watch it at home on tv or online.

I'd like to think fans can make a difference. Even having a fixed time for matches shown on a Saturday/Sunday/Monday night would be something rather than the crazy 15 minute moves either way etc.

14K my prediction for the derby crowd now.

I'll go round to your mum's after the game seeing as you can't make it. Make sure it is the full Sunday Roast dinner with trifle as pudding or else!

Paisley Hibby

TV dictates kick off times, its the nature of the beast. Of course it doesn't make it right, but its not Hibs fault, and every other club will be impacted at some stage too.....

Also SPL/SFL dictates that tv games can't be on at the same time as the majoriity of other fixtures - otherwise we could have televised 3pm Saturday kick offs?

Pretty Boy
01-08-2012, 12:14 PM
And people on here wonder why fans aren't buying season tickets!!

Or worse still some of us have bought season tickets but when the season is only a week old the value for money will be pretty much wiped out.

I have no.objection to the game being on TV as such but surely the 12 noon Saturday time slot makes more sense at such short notice rather than changing the days. People have booked travel etc that is non refundable, its a joke.

The seasons not even started and already the tv schedule is putting doubt in peoples mind about renewing STs.

JimBHibees
01-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Great cant now make it as my sons team which I coach has a tournament on the Sunday. Appreciate that it is exceptional circumstances with the late tv deal however there is no way in this world that the day of the match should be getting changed at such ridiculous short notice. A slight change of time on the same day while annoying is much more acceptable than an actual change of date. The clubs should have put something out that if there was a deal sorted then it would be moved to Sunday.

JimBHibees
01-08-2012, 12:16 PM
Or worse still some of us have bought season tickets but when the season is only a week old the value for money will be pretty much wiped out.

I have no.objection to the game being on TV as such but surely the 12 noon Saturday time slot makes more sense at such short notice rather than changing the days. People have booked travel etc that is non refundable, its a joke.

Completely agree it should have been the Saturday midday game not the next day.

PatHead
01-08-2012, 12:18 PM
Also SPL/SFL dictates that tv games can't be on at the same time as the majoriity of other fixtures - otherwise we could have televised 3pm Saturday kick offs?

Previously there have been midweek games on at same time as live matches. I think it is more likely that Sky prefer to fill other slots in their timetable and not affect viewing figures for Sky Saturday programme.

JohnStephens91
01-08-2012, 12:20 PM

That would possibly kill off a lot of SFL teams if young fans are brought up on SPL games and possibly EPL games at 3pm instead of going to support their local teams, hence why it does not happen in the first place.

SteveHFC
01-08-2012, 12:21 PM
**** right off

patlowe
01-08-2012, 12:29 PM
This may be extreme but this has made me change my mind about renewing my season ticket this week. It's not that the announcement is particularly surprising, or that Hibs are to blame. I don't even have any particular sentimentality towards a 3pm kickoff on a Saturday. The problem is that the inconsistency in kickoff times and the apparent disregard for fans when making changes completely removes any monetary value to be had from getting an ST and the ability to plan your life around attendance.

Some will probably say that those who really want to attend will find a way to be there, and I'm sure there are those who will act as such, but SPL clubs are kidding themselves if they think this isn't having a significant impact on attendances/renewals.

jws1875
01-08-2012, 12:32 PM
Needed this to happen start my own season on the saturday and now its on the sunday il be there :thumbsup:

lucky
01-08-2012, 12:33 PM
It was always going to get moved. It's the price we pay for the much needed TV deal. It's unfortunate for whose who can't make it.

greenlex
01-08-2012, 12:36 PM
****ing disgrace. The TV companies have known for weeks now that Rangers were not in the SPL this season yet less than a week before the opening fixtures they change times for their schedule and now this after the club selling tickets forthe Saturday. My Hibs mojo might never return. ****ing sick.

H18sry
01-08-2012, 12:38 PM
****ing disgrace. The TV companies have known for weeks now that Rangers were not in the SPL this season yet less than a week before the opening fixtures they change times for their schedule and now this after the club selling tickets forthe Saturday. My Hibs mojo might never return. ****ing sick.

Like your golf swing :greengrin

silverhibee
01-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Works out better for me, I would have missed it on the Saturday, now I can go. :aok:

You too busy out robbing wee laddies and old women to go on the Saturday, never mind you can spit on a few yams on the Sunday. :rolleyes:

Cabbage East
01-08-2012, 12:48 PM
What a shambles.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
01-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Sunday lunchtime games kill the atmosphere.

I'd rather have Friday night games.

cabbageandribs1875
01-08-2012, 12:58 PM
All is not lost on Saturday, get along to Armadale for a red hot Speedway meeting where Edinburgh Monarchs take on league leaders, Newcastle Diamonds at 7pm.

Reduced admission prices are £12 for adults, seniors, students and children 16 to 18. For children 12 to 15 it will be £4 and for under 12s £1.

busy schedule, at home to somerset 24 hours earlier as well, infact, 3 meetings in 72 hours

HibsMax
01-08-2012, 12:59 PM
Haven't read the whole thread but this is a disgrace. Tv deal or no tv deal, they CAN figure this stuff out in advance. The NFL does it every year and very few games are changed. I know the season is shorter but it's still an organization detail. There's no reason they can't look at the rest of the season now and arrange the fixtures. But I bet there will be more rearrangements.

Mikeystewart
01-08-2012, 01:01 PM
You too busy out robbing wee laddies and old women to go on the Saturday, never mind you can spit on a few yams on the Sunday. :rolleyes:

This an in joke?

J-C
01-08-2012, 01:07 PM
This an in joke?

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?242012-Hero-to-zero/page4&p=3309729#post3309729

blackpoolhibs
01-08-2012, 01:10 PM
Doubt I'll bother now, first train from down here Sunday morning arrives at 12:39. :rolleyes:

:agree:

littleplum
01-08-2012, 01:15 PM
This may be extreme but this has made me change my mind about renewing my season ticket this week. It's not that the announcement is particularly surprising, or that Hibs are to blame. I don't even have any particular sentimentality towards a 3pm kickoff on a Saturday. The problem is that the inconsistency in kickoff times and the apparent disregard for fans when making changes completely removes any monetary value to be had from getting an ST and the ability to plan your life around attendance.

Some will probably say that those who really want to attend will find a way to be there, and I'm sure there are those who will act as such, but SPL clubs are kidding themselves if they think this isn't having a significant impact on attendances/renewals.

I quite like early kick-offs but you're right- what we need is a bit of consistency and decisiveness. I had to make plans for that weekend to work on either the Saturday or Sunday and knew it was likely to change. However, it was 50/50 whether the ko would be early on Sat or Sun.

I've renewed my ST but stuff like this really makes me wonder why. Two empty seats on the halfway line of the East Stand next week.

PatHead
01-08-2012, 01:20 PM
Simple solution would be to move all our kick offs to Sunday lunchtime then no-one can complain about being messed about! Knowing tv though they would vary it from 12-12.30-12.15 etc to ruin that cunning plan.

greenlex
01-08-2012, 01:22 PM
Like your golf swing :greengrin
No argument here.:greengrin

Spike Mandela
01-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Sell out Saturday needs to be a sell out Sunday now. Let's do it. No moaning about time or day or tv companies let's prove to the Sevco hordes that we don't need them.:flag:

givescotlandfreedom
01-08-2012, 01:28 PM
I'll need to be the odd one out who's pleased it got moved. I work 2/3 Saturdays but much fewer Sundays and was worried I wouldn't get.

DevonLoch
01-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Absolutely ridiculous. What happened to "Lets Work together"?! Seems its all one way traffic. The club site hasn't even been updated with the new information and at the very least an apology for those fans who have already made arrangements and spent a not inconsiderable sum of money to be there on Saturday. Customer service is an alien concept to the SPL and the Hibernian FC! Totally ****ed off!

davey 2 good
01-08-2012, 01:34 PM
Ive just bought a season ticket if I knew,the hearts game was moved to sunday I would not have bought one ******** fringes

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Pretty Boy
01-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Sell out Saturday needs to be a sell out Sunday now. Let's do it. No moaning about time or day or tv companies let's prove to the Sevco hordes that we don't need them.:flag:

It's the right sentiment.

However practically the (reasonably) late change has meant for myself, and it appears a few others, attending is just no longer possible.

Lucius Apuleius
01-08-2012, 01:46 PM

**** heck, Spike has been fraped!!!!!!!! :greengrin

Bottom line is quite simple. Anyone who did not think the Embra derby was not going to be moved for TV were pretty silly IMO. We sold our soul to the TV dollar many years ago and we have to live with it. As to you lot blaming Hibs for it, get a bloody grip. I don't dispute they were party to signing the agreement but do you honestly think they have a say in when a game is going to be played for TV? Get real. Just another excuse for some IMO. As it happens if I was home then a decision would have had to be made. ER or Kirk? ER would probs have won. :greengrin For every person who cannot make a Sunday there will be someone who could not make the Saturday. I have been against TV since it started and still firmly believe that going back to a live game every few weeks would increase the attendances but I keep getting told we cannot live without the revenue. If that is the case, live with it.

JohnStephens91
01-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Absolutely ridiculous. What happened to "Lets Work together"?! Seems its all one way traffic. The club site hasn't even been updated with the new information and at the very least an apology for those fans who have already made arrangements and spent a not inconsiderable sum of money to be there on Saturday. Customer service is an alien concept to the SPL and the Hibernian FC! Totally ****ed off!

To be fair this is not the clubs fault. They needed to get the tickets out on sale and the TV schedule hadn't been announced so they went on the information they had at that moment in time. Perhaps instead of people looking to attack the club at any given moment they should look to Sky and ESPN for the problem and ask them why fixtures hadn't been chosen much further in advance.

Spike Mandela
01-08-2012, 01:53 PM

Bottom line is quite simple. Anyone who did not think the Embra derby was not going to be moved for TV were pretty silly IMO. We sold our soul to the TV dollar many years ago and we have to live with it. As to you lot blaming Hibs for it, get a bloody grip. I don't dispute they were party to signing the agreement but do you honestly think they have a say in when a game is going to be played for TV? Get real. Just another excuse for some IMO. As it happens if I was home then a decision would have had to be made. ER or Kirk? ER would probs have won. :greengrin For every person who cannot make a Sunday there will be someone who could not make the Saturday. I have been against TV since it started and still firmly believe that going back to a live game every few weeks would increase the attendances but I keep getting told we cannot live without the revenue. If that is the case, live with it.

I know, I'm coming over all woozy, need to sit down.:greengrin

If a moaning cynical git like me can see we need to make the effort for this game then surely anybody can.

HibsMax
01-08-2012, 01:55 PM

But why 12:30 and not 3pm at least? I don't blame Hibs because I doubt they would have much of a say in this but, I dunno, the whole thing just smacks of disorganisation to me. Theses chnages are being made without any consideration to the fans. Fans should not have to assume that the day / time will change and they should be given ample notice to change their plans. I forget what the NFL rule is but it's something like at least 2 weeks notice...but I am not 100%. They just do what they want and the fans can be damned. Apart from anything else, now I need to get up even earlier for this game. Oh, hold on, we don't even know if the game will be on Hibs TV, the website doesn't say yet and it's been a while since H.I.B.S. have heard from Hibs.

ronaldo7
01-08-2012, 01:55 PM

Spoke to RP last night about the TV deal, and he said Hibs voted against it. He never said how they would vote on the new one, however many down ER way are livid that we are continually moved to accommodate the TV, and are not suitably recompensed for it. We were the team most inconvienienced by TV last season, and due to league placings got the second least amount of cash.

ahibby
01-08-2012, 01:58 PM

Well all of that is alright then. It's okay for them to market the game for weeks and sell tickets for an event to take place on a Saturday then move it to a Sunday. it's not tv or clubs fault, it's the fans fault for not reading between the lines. Stupid fans, should be forced at gun point to buy tickets simply for being so stupid. On the other hand the clubs are just as daft if they don't think this is going to have a negative affect on gates and ultimately st s and walk up support.

Phil MaGlass
01-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Spoke to RP last night about the TV deal, and he said Hibs voted against it. He never said how they would vote on the new one, however many down ER way are livid that we are continually moved to accommodate the TV, and are not suitably recompensed for it. We were the team most inconvienienced by TV last season, and due to league placings got the second least amount of cash.

Aye and weve also started as team most inconvenienced this season anaw, yi really couldnae make it up, could yi

DevonLoch
01-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Well all of that is alright then. It's okay for them to market the game for weeks and sell tickets for an event to take place on a Saturday then move it to a Sunday. it's not tv or clubs fault, it's the fans fault for not reading between the lines. Stupid fans, should be forced at gun point to buy tickets simply for being so stupid. On the other hand the clubs are just as daft if they don't think this is going to have a negative affect on gates and ultimately st s and walk up support.

What he said!:top marks

ronaldo7
01-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Aye and weve also started as team most inconvenienced this season anaw, yi really couldnae make it up, could yi

We could get a certain ref for the Derby

blackpoolhibs
01-08-2012, 02:04 PM

:top marks

Lucius Apuleius
01-08-2012, 02:05 PM
But why 12:30 and not 3pm at least? I don't blame Hibs because I doubt they would have much of a say in this but, I dunno, the whole thing just smacks of disorganisation to me. Theses chnages are being made without any consideration to the fans. Fans should not have to assume that the day / time will change and they should be given ample notice to change their plans. I forget what the NFL rule is but it's something like at least 2 weeks notice...but I am not 100%. They just do what they want and the fans can be damned. Apart from anything else, now I need to get up even earlier for this game. Oh, hold on, we don't even know if the game will be on Hibs TV, the website doesn't say yet and it's been a while since H.I.B.S. have heard from Hibs.

I dunno Max. Not for me to say. As you say not Hibs fault, not that this will stop people blaming them though. Disorganized? You better believe it but we have to blame the TV companies for that. As it happens it gives me a better chance of "watching " it at 12.30 on a Sunday than any other time during the week but that is an aside as far as I am concerned.

Ronaldo, that is brilliant news and I hope to hell a lot of people actually read what you have just said.

Geo_1875
01-08-2012, 02:11 PM
I've just paid the same amount as last season to renew my ST. We're getting 2 less Cat A games as RFC are gone. If I want to go to the derby next Sunday I'll need to call in favours at work and it will cost me money. No doubt other games will be changed to days or times when I can't make it. It hardly makes buying a ST worthwhile.

This will be my last year as a season ticket holder at Easter Road.

SPL teams are compensated when games are on TV to cover reduced gate money. How about passing some of this on to the supporters who have paid out good money for games they can't attend.

marinello59
01-08-2012, 02:13 PM

It's irritating that the game has been moved. We would all prefer Saturday at 3 o'clock. The hysterical over reaction by some here is only what you would expect from a group of five year olds who have been told that Xmas is cancelled. I don't like it but all it really means for me is I will get up a wee bit earlier on the Sunday. I am guessing the vast majority face the same'' horrendous disruption'' as me given that it's a home match. It was a late announcement but we all know the reasons for that.

down-the-slope
01-08-2012, 02:13 PM

:agree: Yup the fact that a few ENFORCED missed matches makes a ST more costly than PATG was indeed a recurring theme that matched being scunnered with standard of performance and watching players with no pride in the jersey they wore as the biggest reasons for non-renewal....

We need to campaign for a standard minimum notice period for changed KO times / days - Cuture Media & Sport minister is going to get some lobbying on this if I have anything to do with it.

While accepting that the piper will want a say in the tune to some extent - I would want to have a debate on KO times - for me Sunday before lunch is not a time for football in any circumstance.

I used to actually like the 5.15pm Sat KO's as next best to 3pm Sat

DevonLoch
01-08-2012, 02:22 PM
To be fair this is not the clubs fault. They needed to get the tickets out on sale and the TV schedule hadn't been announced so they went on the information they had at that moment in time. Perhaps instead of people looking to attack the club at any given moment they should look to Sky and ESPN for the problem and ask them why fixtures hadn't been chosen much further in advance.

Fair comment re the clubs fault but they it would do no harm to show a little remorse to customers who have paid money in good faith and now lost out. The point remains that it is the fans who get the ****ty end of the stick. There should be some consideration/charter which upholds our rights e.g. Tv schedules to be agreed at least 4 weeks in advance and if not, then once clubs start marketing/selling tickets the day cannot be changed and the time by no more than an hour! It is not a lot to ask IMO.

HibsMax
01-08-2012, 02:24 PM
All these ****ers need to do is make the schedule up in advance and publish it. There is no reason this can't be done now. I know we don't know who will be relegated or who will be promoted but this sort of fine tuning could be achieved as the season progresses or into the close season. Anything is better than changing fixtures with only a few days to go.

I think it's a little harsh people giving other people grief for being upset about this. Not everyone's weekend is the same. I've never worked in a job that required me to work weekends but I know people who do and, to them, it's a big deal. To me, Saturday and Sunday are just two days of the weekend. A game on Saturday is the same as a game on Sunday. But that's just me. I am sure there are some who are bumping their gums just for the sake of it but far be it from me to try and call them out on it because I know there are people out there who are genuinely affected.

This is not rocket science. Fix a schedule and stick to it.

PeeKay
01-08-2012, 02:26 PM
It's irritating that the game has been moved. We would all prefer Saturday at 3 o'clock. The hysterical over reaction by some here is only what you would expect from a group of five year olds who have been told that Xmas is cancelled. I don't like it but all it really means for me is I will get up a wee bit earlier on the Sunday. I am guessing the vast majority face the same'' horrendous disruption'' as me given that it's a home match. It was a late announcement but we all know the reasons for that.

Sorry, but it is more than an irritation. Times are hard all round and people stand to lose money that they can ill afford. If your life/ work is flexible enough to accommodate this change then good for you. Others are not so fortunate.

hibbymac
01-08-2012, 02:29 PM
All these ****ers need to do is make the schedule up in advance and publish it. There is no reason this can't be done now. I know we don't know who will be relegated or who will be promoted but this sort of fine tuning could be achieved as the season progresses or into the close season. Anything is better than changing fixtures with only a few days to go.

I think it's a little harsh people giving other people grief for being upset about this. Not everyone's weekend is the same. I've never worked in a job that required me to work weekends but I know people who do and, to them, it's a big deal. To me, Saturday and Sunday are just two days of the weekend. A game on Saturday is the same as a game on Sunday. But that's just me. I am sure there are some who are bumping their gums just for the sake of it but far be it from me to try and call them out on it because I know there are people out there who are genuinely affected.

This is not rocket science. Fix a schedule and stick to it.

:agree: but it looks like some are looking to put themselves in the running for "Drama Queen of the year post" award. :wink:

marinello59
01-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Sorry, but it is more than an irritation. Times are hard all round and people stand to lose money that they can ill afford. If your life/ work is flexible enough to accommodate this change then good for you. Others are not so fortunate.

I am suggesting that for the vast majority it is just an irritation given that most of our support live in Edinburgh and it's a home match. Yes there will be losers in this and I sympathise with them. I have been there myself often enough not to. Some of the reaction here is OTT though.

down-the-slope
01-08-2012, 02:38 PM
I've just paid the same amount as last season to renew my ST. We're getting 2 less Cat A games as RFC are gone. If I want to go to the derby next Sunday I'll need to call in favours at work and it will cost me money. No doubt other games will be changed to days or times when I can't make it. It hardly makes buying a ST worthwhile.

This will be my last year as a season ticket holder at Easter Road.

SPL teams are compensated when games are on TV to cover reduced gate money. How about passing some of this on to the supporters who have paid out good money for games they can't attend.

NO they are not...that is why Our Club voted against the last TV deal. We were the 3rd most 'seen' live team last season and yet due to cut being placings only got second lowest payout

DH1875
01-08-2012, 02:49 PM
FFS :brickwall. Now I've got to figure out a way of getting to Leith for 12 o'clock on a Sunday. Don't drive and no trains :fuming:.

hibs0666
01-08-2012, 02:57 PM

The re-scheduling of the herats game is a shambles no doubt, but is an extreme situation that will not be repeated. If it's about monetary value wait until after the herats game before purchasing and you'll get £28 knocked off the season ticket price, and all monetary value is retained. :aok:

Beefster
01-08-2012, 03:16 PM

Maybe to you but some of us have families and the weekend is the only time when we can spend time with them without running about trying to get dinners ready, kids ready for bed etc. I've already turned down something on the Saturday (not everyone can wait for the SPL/Sky) and promised that we'd do something on the Sunday to make up for it. I'm getting fed up messing Mrs Beefster and co around and I'm fed up of being messed around by those in charge of the game.

The season's not even started and already I've resolved to not renew my ST and just pick and choose next season. My family will benefit big-time.

marinello59
01-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Maybe to you but some of us have families and the weekend is the only time when we can spend time with them without running about trying to get dinners ready, kids ready for bed etc. I've already turned down something on the Saturday (not everyone can wait for the SPL/Sky) and promised that we'd do something on the Sunday to make up for it. I'm getting fed up messing Mrs Beefster and co around and I'm fed up of being messed around by those in charge of the game.

The season's not even started and already I've resolved to not renew my ST and just pick and choose next season. My family will benefit big-time.

Looks like I will need to get myself a family and work that involves working most weekends so I can move from irritation to being totally outraged then.

Andy74
01-08-2012, 03:25 PM
Looks like I will need to get myself a family and work that involves working most weekends so I can move from irritation to being totally outraged then.

I go to the football as often as I can BECAUSE I've got a family at home. Thought every other bloke was the same! :greengrin

Beefster
01-08-2012, 03:33 PM

**** knows why I'm explaining myself to you and giving you the opportunity to be a smart arse. Lesson learned.

marinello59
01-08-2012, 03:40 PM
**** knows why I'm explaining myself to you and giving you the opportunity to be a smart arse. Lesson learned.

I would never belittle anybody's home life. Family always comes first in my book, football is pretty unimportant in the great scheme of things. I genuinely apologise for giving that impression. It was not my intention.

Spike Mandela
01-08-2012, 03:50 PM
I would never belittle anybody's home life. Family always comes first in my book, football is pretty unimportant in the great scheme of things. I genuinely apologise for giving that impression. It was not my intention.

The kids will grow up and fly the nest, by that time the wife will probably hate you and either be drinking or having an affair. Hibs are the only true consistent, albeit depressing thing in your life. Get yourself along to the game and get pissed.:wink::cb

patlowe
01-08-2012, 04:27 PM
The re-scheduling of the herats game is a shambles no doubt, but is an extreme situation that will not be repeated. If it's about monetary value wait until after the herats game before purchasing and you'll get £28 knocked off the season ticket price, and all monetary value is retained. :aok:

If that is an option then I applaud the club for offering it. However, my main point is that my inability to make the derby now that the kickoff time has changed is a decisive reminder that the shedload of annual rescheduled kick offs for tv severely impacts on the value of a season ticket.

Eyrie
01-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Fair comment re the clubs fault but they it would do no harm to show a little remorse to customers who have paid money in good faith and now lost out. The point remains that it is the fans who get the ****ty end of the stick. There should be some consideration/charter which upholds our rights e.g. Tv schedules to be agreed at least 4 weeks in advance and if not, then once clubs start marketing/selling tickets the day cannot be changed and the time by no more than an hour! It is not a lot to ask IMO.

The bit in bold for me, and add in that only certain specified times will be used (eg Fri 7:45pm, Sat 12:30pm, Sun 12:30pm or 3pm and Mon 7:45pm). Both measures would provide fans with some idea of what is going on.

As regards the derby, it's a game that Sky and ESPN should have circled as soon as the fixture list came out with the only question being which of them would show it.

Kaiser1962
01-08-2012, 05:16 PM
The kids will grow up and fly the nest, by that time the wife will probably hate you and either be drinking or having an affair. Hibs are the only true consistent, albeit depressing thing in your life. Get yourself along to the game and get pissed.:wink::cb

Very profound Spike.

You missed the bit that you will be liable to keep the kids in the style to which they have become accustomed, albeit that they have left, and will end up a pauper.

That said I have a three year old granddaughter who is getting used to spending Sundays with her papa ( I am basically her bitch) and it is a decision which, two days ago, I didnt have to make and I am promised at the ducks and the donkeys. We have four tickets in our house and I am the driver so its going to be a tough one, despite Spike's insight.

Its dissapointing but not the end of the world.

WhileTheChief..
01-08-2012, 05:31 PM
I don't get how people are so surprised / outraged at the timing of this.

Sure it's a pain being on the Sunday but that was always going to be the case. You surely didn't need to wait for it to be confirmed? These games are never on a Saturday at 3pm and haven't been for years.

You should assume that all our games against Celtic or Hearts will be on a Sunday and plan accordingly if possible. If it's subsequently moved to the Saturday then you'll be well chuffed anyway!!

If you work or have other commitments on a Sunday then don't buy a ST. I always thought the TV money was simply to compensate us for the lost ticket revenue anyways (rightly or wrongly).

Mikey
01-08-2012, 05:40 PM

The club has no say over which games are moved for TV. When changes are made, and things get better, you can be sure that Hibs will be at the forefront of those changes.

littleplum
01-08-2012, 05:54 PM

Sure it's a pain being on the Sunday but that was always going to be the case. You surely didn't need to wait for it to be confirmed? These games are never on a Saturday at 3pm and haven't been for years.

You should assume that all our games against Celtic or Hearts will be on a Sunday and plan accordingly if possible. If it's subsequently moved to the Saturday then you'll be well chuffed anyway!!

If you work or have other commitments on a Sunday then don't buy a ST. I always thought the TV money was simply to compensate us for the lost ticket revenue anyways (rightly or wrongly).

Of our 4 category A games last season, 2 were on a Sunday, 1 on a Saturday and 1 midweek (New Year). They're never at 3.00pm on a Saturday but that doesn't mean we can assume they'll be on a Sunday.

NAE NOOKIE
01-08-2012, 05:59 PM
I dont like Sunday matches to begin with. But what really pees me off is the 12:30 KO time.

Usually we leave at 12 to get to ER about 1:20pm which means we can park near to the ground. But with no boozers open at that time theres no point in leaving early, so we will probably get to ER about 12 which means parking miles from the ground.

So nae pint and a long walk .... Dinnae get me wrong I can live without a pint and my legs work just fine .... but why should I bloody have to put up with this crap.

Whats wrong with 7:45 on a Friday or even a Monday or 5:15 on a Sunday.

SouthamptonHibs
01-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Positive post! Least we'll be undefeated for games played on a Sat in the first two Saturdays off the season. With our current team we wouldn't off been able to boast about that if games not moved for tv. hail hail

hibbymac
01-08-2012, 06:07 PM
The club has no say over which games are moved for TV. When changes are made, and things get better, you can be sure that Hibs will be at the forefront of those changes.

That doesn't look like it will happen in the near future.

DH1875
02-08-2012, 07:45 PM
I go to the football as often as I can BECAUSE I've got a family at home. Thought every other bloke was the same! :greengrin

Meeeeeeeeeeee. Getting to the games is my wee break from them all :greengrin.

Danderhall Hibs
03-08-2012, 07:25 AM

Except if they're at Tiny and it'll be a Saturday. Why is the derby at ER always on a Sunday but at Tiny it's on a Saturday?

As other folk have said I assumed the game was going to be on TV (assuming a TV deal was in place) but with there being no EPL game I assumed it would be kept to the Saturday with a change to 12/1215/1230/1245 (didn’t want to assume which).

Too many assumptions though – you never get a good estimate with that number of assumptions.

Lucius Apuleius
03-08-2012, 08:21 AM
Except if they're at Tiny and it'll be a Saturday. Why is the derby at ER always on a Sunday but at Tiny it's on a Saturday?

As other folk have said I assumed the game was going to be on TV (assuming a TV deal was in place) but with there being no EPL game I assumed it would be kept to the Saturday with a change to 12/1215/1230/1245 (didn’t want to assume which).

Too many assumptions though – you never get a good estimate with that number of assumptions.

:agree: makes an ass of u and me.

Eyrie
03-08-2012, 09:52 AM
Game is live on ESPN per their schedule (http://tv.espn.co.uk/oo/espl/tv-schedule/?date=2012-08-12/).

CalgaryHibs
03-08-2012, 12:12 PM
keep football on a saturday

Agree these lunch time kick offs are brutal for us over here.

Bishop Hibee
03-08-2012, 01:01 PM
I'll go round to your mum's after the game seeing as you can't make it. Make sure it is the full Sunday Roast dinner with trifle as pudding or else!

:greengrin Salad for you :wink: What time does the Strathie open on a Sunday?

HibsMax
03-08-2012, 01:05 PM

Conversely, you could say since it's happened so frequently over recent years, can't they just get the schedule right first time around?