PDA

View Full Version : Zemmama

seven nowt
31-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Was looking through the boro' forums, and I came across this topic here.. They're not impressed with Zemmama after refusing to travel to Watford if he was going to be a substitute. The supporters don't want his attitude at the club.

http://oneboro.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=4011

One fan said "Give him back to Hibs." And with not long to go in the Transfer window, out of sheer desperation and the emptiness of our midfield, I would have him! Anyone else!?

Wilson
31-07-2012, 02:09 PM
Not with that attitude.

PeterboroHibee
31-07-2012, 02:10 PM
That thread title sums him up perfectly, an enigma. Noone could ever doubt his ability, but he had one problem after another. We were lucky if we got about 10 games out of him a season, and even then he wasnt up for all of them. On his day he could have been one of the best players in the SPL, but that rarely occured. Not one Id want back.

LancashireHibby
31-07-2012, 02:13 PM
Fantastic on his day, but the last 6 months (at least) of his time with Hibs was a shadow of his former self. No thanks.

Ritchie
31-07-2012, 02:17 PM
No thanks - he is a luxury we can't afford!

Far too inconsistent and picks up injuries far too easily.

Bob Box Fish
31-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Always injured and rarely interested.

blackpoolhibs
31-07-2012, 02:30 PM
We dont need more quality, its hard workers we need, players that will run through brick walls. Zemamma would probably get us off our seats and far too excited too, sod that. :rolleyes:

Judas Iscariot
31-07-2012, 02:30 PM
Would take him back in an instant

Billy Whizz
31-07-2012, 02:33 PM
Its ramadan just now, maybe not feeling upto it?

dmc1875
31-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Was looking through the boro' forums, and I came across this topic here.. They're not impressed with Zemmama after refusing to travel to Watford if he was going to be a substitute. The supporters don't want his attitude at the club.

One fan said "Give him back to Hibs." And with not long to go in the Transfer window, out of sheer desperation and the emptiness of our midfield, I would have him! Anyone else!?

Mowbray came out in the paper yesterday explaining why Zooma didnt travel on pre season tour with the rest of the team.

Said it was because of Ramadan & there were 'no remaining issues' over his refusal to travel to Watford. Went on to explain how he won't train for the next three weeks and won't be ready until 2 weeks into the new season because he can't last due to Ramadan..

Although you never know :flag:

Hibiza
31-07-2012, 02:37 PM
overated.

PeterboroHibee
31-07-2012, 02:38 PM
We dont need more quality, its hard workers we need, players that will run through brick walls. Zemamma would probably get us off our seats and far too excited too, sod that. :rolleyes:

A player that turns up for about 5 games a season is definitely that key player we need right enough...

blackpoolhibs
31-07-2012, 02:59 PM
A player that turns up for about 5 games a season is definitely that key player we need right enough...

He wouldn't be my first choice of all the quality players we have replaced with journeymen dross, but he has the ability and creativity we are crying out for, but no some folk are creaming themselves because we might sign Kerr. Give me a player who gets me off my seat like a Zemamma over any of the crap we have signed recently to play in our midfield.

essexhibee
31-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Best player in the SPL when he was on that spell under hughes. Remember v UTD he was unplayable.

Wonderful talent who unfortuantly was never consistent enough.

Vault Boy
31-07-2012, 03:14 PM
I think we need a change in mindset as much as the next fan, but Zemmama was absolutely outstanding on his day, so if asked if we should take back a player who could change a game for us against any SPL opposition? Yes please.

He wasn't a trouble maker, just a bit of a drifter at times, anyway, won't happen so I suppose it doesn't matter.

LeighLoyal
31-07-2012, 03:14 PM
I'd have him back, would give us some width.

Leishy1995
31-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Most of his problems involved family and Ramadan. We'd be fools to turn down the opportunity if we got offered it.

CB_NO3
31-07-2012, 03:22 PM
A no from me. Great player on his day but as folk said, we need players who perform more than 7 games a season.

Andy74
31-07-2012, 03:27 PM
I think we need a change in mindset as much as the next fan, but Zemmama was absolutely outstanding on his day, so if asked if we should take back a player who could change a game for us against any SPL opposition? Yes please.

He wasn't a trouble maker, just a bit of a drifter at times, anyway, won't happen so I suppose it doesn't matter.

From the chat about him with Hibs officials a few weeks ago I don't think they would consider him value for money. Won't be happening.

Billy Whizz
31-07-2012, 03:39 PM
As an aside, forgot that Kevin Thomson was still at Burgh.

blackpoolhibs
31-07-2012, 03:49 PM
From the chat about him with Hibs officials a few weeks ago I don't think they would consider him value for money. Won't be happening.

I do wonder what kind of value for money we'd get from Kerr? :rolleyes:

H1B33 1875
31-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Why discuss something thats never going to happen? Hes under contract at Middlesbrough and probably doubled his wages when he moved down south, would be very shocked if he came back to Hibs.

Andy74
31-07-2012, 03:52 PM
I do wonder what kind of value for money we'd get from Kerr? :rolleyes:

If he ends up playing most games and doing allright then probably decent value, what's your point?

Do you just flip a coin each season to decide whether you are going to generally support everything all year to generally criticise everything all year?

Cocaine&Caviar
31-07-2012, 03:59 PM
___________Williams

Clancy___McPake___Hanlon___Booth

__________Stephens

Wotherspoon_________Stevenson

___________Zemmama

_________Benjelloun___Griffiths

Attacking delight.

blackpoolhibs
31-07-2012, 03:59 PM
If he ends up playing most games and doing allright then probably decent value, what's your point?

Do you just flip a coin each season to decide whether you are going to generally support everything all year to generally criticise everything all year?

What a daft statement, can you tell me whats been worth supporting recently, and when i'm allowed to be critical? I suppose when you cant see pish in front of you, and no progress at all, everything is just hunky dory??????????

As for Kerr, as usual you can see no wrong in any player we are seemingly after, even when you have seen them for their previous clubs?:confused:

Northernhibee
31-07-2012, 04:03 PM

Do you still get one sided coins in joke shops? :greengrin

I want players who aren't going to be mavericks, stir **** like refusing to travel unless x, y and z, who are going to be giving their all every game and not constantly injured.

We need to build a team. SPL knowledge, experience, vocal and can lead a midfield and can stick a tackle in and pass the ball about. Solid, dependable, reliable team players. Not exciting but it sure beats losing all the time.

Andy74
31-07-2012, 04:04 PM
What a daft statement, can you tell me whats been worth supporting recently, and when i'm allowed to be critical? I suppose when you cant see pish in front of you, and no progress at all, everything is just hunky dory??????????

As for Kerr, as usual you can see no wrong in any player we are seemingly after, even when you have seen them for their previous clubs?:confused:

I don't think everything is fine at all, and have said so often, I also don't have any real view on Kerr.

Last year, however, you were pretty clear that the previous manager had managed to take a bad situation and left it much worse and that the players that had been brought in were the choice of the managers and that they had been bad choices.

You also accepted, and argued that other teams had done much better on lower budgets and that players were out there that could make a better team, regardless of who the individuals were.

Someone seems to have flipped a wee switch though where you've now decided to ignore all that stuff and just view everything as a lost cause.

blackpoolhibs
31-07-2012, 04:08 PM
I don't think everything is fine at all, and have said so often, I also don't have any real view on Kerr.

Well i do, he's pish.

Last year, however, you were pretty clear that the previous manager had managed to take a bad situation and left it much worse and that the players that had been brought in were the choice of the managers and that they had been bad choices.

And signing pish players wont turn that around.

You also accepted, and argued that other teams had done much better on lower budgets and that players were out there that could make a better team, regardless of who the individuals were.

Lie's, i never said regardless of who the individuals were. Others have managed to cherry pick better players than we have through good management and scouting.

Someone seems to have flipped a wee switch though where you've now decided to ignore all that stuff and just view everything as a lost cause.

More bull, we have been pish, and signing more of it is never the answer.

Andy74
31-07-2012, 04:22 PM
More bull, we have been pish, and signing more of it is never the answer.

Which players have we signed that are more pish then?

You are suely not blaming all this criticism on the fact we may or may not be considering Kerr as one part of the squad? Not really worth getting too upset about is it given we've already been pretty clear that neither him or Maybury really come into the priority status, but may just be useful to have around.

You'd have Zemmama back right now though even though, as a people within Hibs confrmed, he plays about ten times a seaon at full fitness before he gets effected by either Ramandan or injuries that seem larlgey in his own head.

Yep, that's the answer just now.

If we can source that type of creative player then brilliant, I'd love that as much as the next man, and take that every day and twice on Sunday before Kerr, but not him.

Hibs Class
31-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Mowbray came out in the paper yesterday explaining why Zooma didnt travel on pre season tour with the rest of the team.

Said it was because of Ramadan & there were 'no remaining issues' over his refusal to travel to Watford. Went on to explain how he won't train for the next three weeks and won't be ready until 2 weeks into the new season because he can't last due to Ramadan..

Although you never know :flag:

I'm not sure I would believe much of what mowbray says. He didn't strike me as very open or honest when manager at celtc.

hibsbollah
31-07-2012, 04:32 PM

At the same meeting we were also told that all the negative influences and badly behaved players had left the club and wouldnt be back, and we took that to mean Griffiths wouldnt be coming back either
.Its not a good idea to take everything we hear from officials at face value. Situations can change very quickly in football and things can be misinterpreted.

blackpoolhibs
31-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Which players have we signed that are more pish then?

We have not signed nearly enough players In my opinion we are weaker than we were last season.

You are suely not blaming all this criticism on the fact we may or may not be considering Kerr as one part of the squad? Not really worth getting too upset about is it given we've already been pretty clear that neither him or Maybury really come into the priority status, but may just be useful to have around.

I'm not criticising because we are after Kerr, its because our lack of better signings, and Kerr is pish, no better than we currently have, and thats pish and was pish last season.

You'd have Zemmama back right now though even though, as a people within Hibs confrmed, he plays about ten times a seaon at full fitness before he gets effected by either Ramandan or injuries that seem larlgey in his own head.

10 games a season would be better than we are currently getting from any of our midfield, i'd like more from him or any other creative midfielder we might sign

If we can source that type of creative player then brilliant, I'd love that as much as the next man, and take that every day and twice on Sunday before Kerr, but not him.

If it was a choice between the two, I'd take Zemamma every day of the week, and twice on a sunday even if its was only 10 games a season, thats 10 more than we'd get from that dud.

The reason i and others are critical, is we have a threadbare squad, thats looking like its going to be strengthened :faf: by the likes of Kerr??? We need much better than him, much better. We need players who will come in and REPLACE claros and Stevenson, not more of the same.

Quality over quantity, dont make me laugh.

Northernhibee
31-07-2012, 04:40 PM
If it was a choice between the two, I'd take Zemamma every day of the week, and twice on a sunday even if its was only 10 games a season, thats 10 more than we'd get from that dud.

The reason i and others are critical, is we have a threadbare squad, thats looking like its going to be strengthened :faf: by the likes of Kerr??? We need much better than him, much better. We need players who will come in and REPLACE claros and Stevenson, not more of the same.

Quality over quantity, dont make me laugh.

We need players to come in and lead their respective areas. McPake, Clancy and Williams are all vocal at the back. Kerr for what we saw was vocal in midfield and was for Dunfy too - he was one of their few shining lights at the end of last season. If Zemmama comes into a midfield of headless chickens, he'll be a headless chicken himself. Look what happened when Rankin headed to Dundee United - playing with a bit of structure he's been top.

Kerr isn't a technically brilliant player by a million miles. He will take responsibility though, that WILL improve the team.

Bet if we had a few more leaders other than McPake we wouldn't have been horsed 5-1 in the final.

Andy74
31-07-2012, 04:45 PM
At the same meeting we were also told that all the negative influences and badly behaved players had left the club and wouldnt be back, and we took that to mean Griffiths wouldnt be coming back either
.Its not a good idea to take everything we hear from officials at face value. Situations can change very quickly in football and things can be misinterpreted.

You took that to mean Griffiths. I don't think that's the right interpretation of what Pat was saying about the wrong type of characters who had now left and wouldn't be back.

blackpoolhibs
31-07-2012, 04:46 PM
We need players to come in and lead their respective areas. McPake, Clancy and Williams are all vocal at the back. Kerr for what we saw was vocal in midfield and was for Dunfy too - he was one of their few shining lights at the end of last season. If Zemmama comes into a midfield of headless chickens, he'll be a headless chicken himself. Look what happened when Rankin headed to Dundee United - playing with a bit of structure he's been top.

Kerr isn't a technically brilliant player by a million miles. He will take responsibility though, that WILL improve the team.

Bet if we had a few more leaders other than McPake we wouldn't have been horsed 5-1 in the final.

Naw he wont, he's pish. If we sign Kerr and he plays regularly, we are ****ed. To be honest, with this current midfield, we are ****ed anyway.

Brian Blessed would be vocal too, but we wouldnt sign him, taking responsibility is more than just being vocal, and passing backwards, thats kerr for you.

neilmartinrocks
31-07-2012, 04:47 PM
So basicaly what it boils down to is............
A talented player who can play when he feels like it (as long as its not rammadan)
or
A player who isn't as talented but can play all season and shouts a lot.
:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
31-07-2012, 04:47 PM
So basicaly what it boils down to is............
A talented player who can play when he feels like it (as long as its not rammadan)
or
A player who isn't as talented but can play all season and shouts a lot.
:rolleyes:

:greengrin

Northernhibee
31-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Naw he wont, he's pish. If we sign Kerr and he plays regularly, we are ****ed. To be honest, with this current midfield, we are ****ed anyway.

Brian Blessed would be vocal too, but we wouldnt sign him, taking responsibility is more than just being vocal, and passing backwards, thats kerr for you.

Right, for once rather than saying that everything is pish, let's hear your grand plan for turning Hibs around. Don't give us the "We pay a manager to do that" spiel, you evidently have an amazing idea as how to do it, otherwise you wouldn't be criticising everything about the club.

Let's hear it.

blackpoolhibs
31-07-2012, 04:59 PM
Right, for once rather than saying that everything is pish, let's hear your grand plan for turning Hibs around. Don't give us the "We pay a manager to do that" spiel, you evidently have an amazing idea as how to do it, otherwise you wouldn't be criticising everything about the club.

Let's hear it.

Everybody is not pish, we just have more than our fair share of pish. We need creativity and width with pace, and a decent front man who can hold the ball up. Another dominant centre half would be great too, i'd be getting these positions filled first before even looking at more back up players, pish ones at that.

.Sean.
31-07-2012, 05:07 PM
He's too wee.

:devil:

Mon Dieu4
31-07-2012, 05:11 PM
He was the last player we had with a bit of flair and got you off your seat, would love him back

as for the inconsistant part, he was indeed at times but unlike the rest of our team lately, at least he wasn't consistantly pish

would love him back but its never going to happen

Northernhibee
31-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Everybody is not pish, we just have more than our fair share of pish. We need creativity and width with pace, and a decent front man who can hold the ball up. Another dominant centre half would be great too, i'd be getting these positions filled first before even looking at more back up players, pish ones at that.

Rankin was pish for us before he got a few solid heads and leaders around him, I think we'd be better placed to get the most out of our players (and right enough, bring in three or so new faces into the team) and then judge where we are.

Look at how far Hanlon and O'Hanlon improved from having trained and/or played alongside McPake - in fact O'Hanlon vs Aberdeen at the arse end of last season was one of my favourite performances from last season. Rock solid at the back, and a well taken goal.

Getting a leader or two in midfield would do wonders for Wotherspoon, Stevenson, Claros, Galbraith, no question.

ScottB
31-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Mystified as to why some players seem to attract a large dose of green tint when looked back on.

Sure, he was capable of great stuff on occasion, but he was more often than not kicked off the ball, or injured as a result of being kicked off the ball.

Personally I think he'd do much better in somewhere like Spain, where the warmth and the style of play would allow him to show what he can do on a more regular basis.

J-C
31-07-2012, 05:25 PM

Is he he really :confused:

sadtom
31-07-2012, 05:31 PM
Jesus H Christ!! Some folk on here are fekkin mental. Not got a clue wouldn't begin to describe them.
Aparantly Zemmama only turns up for a handfull of games a season!! Well thats a handful more than just about every bloody player we've had for 2 and a bit years!!! Not because some of them cant be ersed. Cause they arent good enough!!!
No! I dont want to be bored ridgid watching a team full of uninspired hard working pro's. I want to see (please god just even one or two) fitba players. Someone who can take a man on, show imagination, make things happen out of nothing, spot a pass, dribble with the ball and (revolutionary i know) be able to control the fekkin baw!!!
Christ, there are folk clamouring for Deano to come back. Similar to Zizu, he was very much hot and cold, though on his day was a decent player. However he is half the player Zemmama is.
Anyone who thinks otherewise is bloody certifiable and should no longer be allowed to watch fitba, cause ye just dont get it!
I would have been happy to see Shiels back at ER as he is more creative than anyone we have so its a pity we missed out. However given the choice of the 2 it would be Zizu 100 out of 100 for me. He has more ability than the entire damn squad. I cant believe there are folk turning their noses up at him. MENTAL!

Northernhibee
31-07-2012, 05:39 PM
Jesus H Christ!! Some folk on here are fekkin mental. Not got a clue wouldn't begin to describe them.
Aparantly Zemmama only turns up for a handfull of games a season!! Well thats a handful more than just about every bloody player we've had for 2 and a bit years!!! Not because some of them cant be ersed. Cause they arent good enough!!!
No! I dont want to be bored ridgid watching a team full of uninspired hard working pro's. I want to see (please god just even one or two) fitba players. Someone who can take a man on, show imagination, make things happen out of nothing, spot a pass, dribble with the ball and (revolutionary i know) be able to control the fekkin baw!!!
Christ, there are folk clamouring for Deano to come back. Similar to Zizu, he was very much hot and cold, though on his day was a decent player. However he is half the player Zemmama is.
Anyone who thinks otherewise is bloody certifiable and should no longer be allowed to watch fitba, cause ye just dont get it!
I would have been happy to see Shiels back at ER as he is more creative than anyone we have so its a pity we missed out. However given the choice of the 2 it would be Zizu 100 out of 100 for me. He has more ability than the entire damn squad. I cant believe there are folk turning their noses up at him. MENTAL!

How about a team that can hold a shape and play football matches?

Losing has driven a lot more fans away from ER than the lack of a few mazy dribbles every game.

HibeeBigFly
31-07-2012, 05:43 PM
If someone wants to dredge up stats of games won when zoomer played no arguments would be necessary.

Would be an incredible signing in my opinion!

sadtom
31-07-2012, 05:44 PM
How about a team that can hold a shape and play football matches?

Losing has driven a lot more fans away from ER than the lack of a few mazy dribbles every game.

Why would that rule out signing Zemmama?
They are not mutually exclusive are they?
Dont see why we cant have a team with shape and some flair players within it. We have had that plenty times in the past.
What we have had for years is neither. We desperately need some ABILITY in the team. Not just bloody effort.

Keith_M
31-07-2012, 05:50 PM

Do you want a quality player that only turns it on once every ten games or so? You do actually remember his spell at Hibs after coming back from loan?

If he could keep up the level of play that he is obviously capable of, I'd have him back in a heartbeat. I'm not convinced that would happen.

blackpoolhibs
31-07-2012, 05:56 PM
Do you want a quality player that only turns it on once every ten games or so? You do actually remember his spell at Hibs after coming back from loan?

If he could keep up the level of play that he is obviously capable of, I'd have him back in a heartbeat. I'm not convinced that would happen.

Of course i dont want a player who turns up once every 10 games, but i dispute that he does do that? He's not coming back though, and instead we look like we might get Kerr, thats something to get the juices flowing. :rolleyes:

Andy74
31-07-2012, 05:58 PM

Is he the only player out there capable of some of those things?

hibbybrian
31-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Is he the only player out there capable of some of those things?

A better question might be, does the Manager know of any such players available, and is he intending to sign any?

hibsbollah
31-07-2012, 06:10 PM
You took that to mean Griffiths. I don't think that's the right interpretation of what Pat was saying about the wrong type of characters who had now left and wouldn't be back.

More than just me assumed he was talking about Griffiths. As a matter of fact, its possible he WAS talking about him, but events took another course. Even if he wasnt, it just reinforces my point.

Bostonhibby
31-07-2012, 06:16 PM
He wouldn't be my first choice of all the quality players we have replaced with journeymen dross, but he has the ability and creativity we are crying out for, but no some folk are creaming themselves because we might sign Kerr. Give me a player who gets me off my seat like a Zemamma over any of the crap we have signed recently to play in our midfield.

:agree: Even if he didn't fancy it due to Ramadan, the wrong kind of rain, Scotland being a bit nippy during winter, our socks being made of man made fibres, or whatever the old excuses were for him only actually appearing for only about a quarter of the season I would probably go for him just now because he could take all the direct free kicks and he sometimes passed forward and found his own man.

Northernhibee
31-07-2012, 06:24 PM
Why would that rule out signing Zemmama?
They are not mutually exclusive are they?
Dont see why we cant have a team with shape and some flair players within it. We have had that plenty times in the past.
What we have had for years is neither. We desperately need some ABILITY in the team. Not just bloody effort.

In this instance, yes. Honking attitudes have been poisonous to us.

If we were doing well, I'd have taken Zemmama again. Now when we need a solid, unspectacular, reliable midfielder capable of providing leadership, I'd take Kerr every single time.

This coming season isn't about exciting football, it's about rebuilding a team who can do the basics right i.e. not leak stupid goals, retain possession, keep a shape.

VickMackie
31-07-2012, 06:32 PM
I said on the other thread about what do you expect from hibs that I'd love someone like him to generate excitement at games.

Scottish football is pish and we shouldn't turn out noses up at players with great skill IMO.

Take him in a minute.

I recall the utd game someone mentioned earlier in this thread. Magic.

Northernhibee
31-07-2012, 06:41 PM
You know something, I couldn't give a **** if we're playing Barca style pass and move football so beautiful it would make the baby jesus weep or if we're playing a team of Colin Nishes, I just want Hibs to start winning games again. 1-0 every time with a scrappy, bundled over the line effort or OGs, I just want us to win.

We showed at the final that we need leaders, we need dependable, reliable players who do a job week in week out. Honestly, I can't be doing with another Palsson or Agogo who only turns up when it suits them. I just want to win again.

blackpoolhibs
31-07-2012, 06:47 PM
You know something, I couldn't give a **** if we're playing Barca style pass and move football so beautiful it would make the baby jesus weep or if we're playing a team of Colin Nishes, I just want Hibs to start winning games again. 1-0 every time with a scrappy, bundled over the line effort or OGs, I just want us to win.

We showed at the final that we need leaders, we need dependable, reliable players who do a job week in week out. Honestly, I can't be doing with another Palsson or Agogo who only turns up when it suits them. I just want to win again.

Since Mowbray's time, we have lost every little bit of quality thats either come through the ranks, or been brought in. Have you noticed anything thats happened while this has gone on, and you'd bring in more dross over someone with real quality?

sadtom
31-07-2012, 07:06 PM
In this instance, yes. Honking attitudes have been poisonous to us.

If we were doing well, I'd have taken Zemmama again. Now when we need a solid, unspectacular, reliable midfielder capable of providing leadership, I'd take Kerr every single time.

This coming season isn't about exciting football, it's about rebuilding a team who can do the basics right i.e. not leak stupid goals, retain possession, keep a shape.

Thats exactly the attitude that has brought Scottish football to the nadir its at. Lets treasure and fill the team with the hard running, tough tackling players we always do. They have to be like that as its further to run after they 'trap' the ball and their 2nd touch is a tackle.
Its not just about pretty asthetics for me. A team full of atheletes might stop us losing so many games but including a few footballers in there might just (whisper it) see us win the odd game.
You stick to your 'industrial' approach to the game where (as J.C. once recounted) we laugh at the guys who shirk challenges in training. While ay Monaco the took the pi$$ out the guys who couldnt control the ball.
I will pin my hopes on watching a more thoughtful modern style where yes the players are hard working but first and foremost they can all PLAY.

heretoday
31-07-2012, 07:09 PM
Zemmama wasn't that great really. And he can't have improved!

Northernhibee
31-07-2012, 07:18 PM
Thats exactly the attitude that has brought Scottish football to the nadir its at. Lets treasure and fill the team with the hard running, tough tackling players we always do. They have to be like that as its further to run after they 'trap' the ball and their 2nd touch is a tackle.
Its not just about pretty asthetics for me. A team full of atheletes might stop us losing so many games but including a few footballers in there might just (whisper it) see us win the odd game.
You stick to your 'industrial' approach to the game where (as J.C. once recounted) we laugh at the guys who shirk challenges in training. While ay Monaco the took the pi$$ out the guys who couldnt control the ball.
I will pin my hopes on watching a more thoughtful modern style where yes the players are hard working but first and foremost they can all PLAY.

We have had neither winning football or attractive football recently. If we are to start one before the other, ffs let it be winning. I don't want Hibs in another relegation battle.

PeterboroHibee
31-07-2012, 07:28 PM

What a lot of rubbish. Noone is denying Zemmamas qualities when he wasnt disinterested/injured/taking his year off from the club, but it was a rare occassion when he played to his full ability. You seem to have this strange memory of Zemmama who turned up every game and carried the team, which is so far from the truth.

I also dont actually see anyone saying they dont want exciting, attacking players at the club. But other clubs manage to pick up these players who become important parts of the team, whilst actually being available and performing on a regular basis. Thats what we should be looking at rather than someone who has already been at the club, and was far too inconsistant first time around.

Also looking at his appearances for us, taking away the whole year he missed, he started about 16 games a season (in all competitions) for us. Not great when you are supposedly reliant on such a key, creative player...

Leishy1995
31-07-2012, 07:29 PM
Was just thinking. If Stevenson, and Kerr, somehow fused into one another, they'd be a very good defensive midfielder. But I would sit in another warm bath if Zemmama signs.

Pretty Boy
31-07-2012, 07:29 PM
I'm losing the will to live on this thread.

Zemammas pish, Kerrs pish, Hibs are pish, our entire midfield is pish, our signing targets are pish, our scouts are pish, our fans are pish, certain posters are pish........

Jeezo the sooner the season.starts and we can have some proper things to moan about, like songs being sung, the quality of the pies (pish no doubt) and fans leaving early, the better.

GordonHFC
31-07-2012, 07:36 PM

Zemammas pish, Kerrs pish, Hibs are pish, our entire midfield is pish, our signing targets are pish, our scouts are pish, our fans are pish, certain posters are pish........

Jeezo the sooner the season.starts and we can have some proper things to moan about, like songs being sung, the quality of the pies (pish no doubt) and fans leaving early, the better.

What a load of pish :greengrin

pedroorange1875
31-07-2012, 07:37 PM

pish

pedroorange1875
31-07-2012, 07:37 PM
What a load of pish :greengrin

damn you

The_Horde
31-07-2012, 09:44 PM
Really enjoyed reading that thread, oh for the days of wondering whether Mogga was going to pick Zemmama.. And the days when we could afford to say no to a player of wee zoomers quality.

monktonharp
31-07-2012, 09:57 PM

Jeezo the sooner the season.starts and we can have some proper things to moan about, like songs being sung, the quality of the pies (pish no doubt) and fans leaving early, the better.the bit about the midfield seems just about right, naw?:rolleyes:

Springbank
31-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Zemmama is a great footballer.

down-the-slope
31-07-2012, 09:58 PM

Thats a bit disingenuous as no names of any players were mentioned just that players who the manager stated had the wrong attitude were no longer at the club

Bishop Hibee
31-07-2012, 10:07 PM
Zemmama would be a great signing. The quality of the SPL is nowhere near what it was in his first spell at Hibs so I reckon it would be worth the gamble. He'd be sheer quality compared to what we are used to in midfield. Sadly doubt it will happen though.

sadtom
31-07-2012, 10:29 PM
What a lot of rubbish. Noone is denying Zemmamas qualities when he wasnt disinterested/injured/taking his year off from the club, but it was a rare occassion when he played to his full ability. You seem to have this strange memory of Zemmama who turned up every game and carried the team, which is so far from the truth.

I also dont actually see anyone saying they dont want exciting, attacking players at the club. But other clubs manage to pick up these players who become important parts of the team, whilst actually being available and performing on a regular basis. Thats what we should be looking at rather than someone who has already been at the club, and was far too inconsistant first time around.

Also looking at his appearances for us, taking away the whole year he missed, he started about 16 games a season (in all competitions) for us. Not great when you are supposedly reliant on such a key, creative player...

At no point have i said Zizu was Messi, nor have i said he was a worldbeater who has carried the team.
What we are talking about are players who are being mentioned as possible signings. I for one cannot believe the negative reaction to the possibility of his return.
He's a good age, older and hopefully wiser, may be less distracted by external influences, has been playing at a higher level, has more experiance, he knows the club, the league and the city. And much more importantly, he has proven ability. Even a half interested Zizu is light years ahead of anything comparable at the club. If you cant see that, then quite frankly you should give up watching football.

blackpoolhibs
31-07-2012, 10:36 PM
At no point have i said Zizu was Messi, nor have i said he was a worldbeater who has carried the team.
What we are talking about are players who are being mentioned as possible signings. I for one cannot believe the negative reaction to the possibility of his return.
He's a good age, older and hopefully wiser, may be less distracted by external influences, has been playing at a higher level, has more experiance, he knows the club, the league and the city. And much more importantly, he has proven ability. Even a half interested Zizu is light years ahead of anything comparable at the club. If you cant see that, then quite frankly you should give up watching football.

:agree: Obviously he was no Messi, but i do laugh when folk keep saying we dont want maverick types just now, and we need workers who will fight for the cause. its signing that type of player that has us in this mess we find ourselves in now. Any real quality has either been sold or replaced with a grafter, they are the players that get you into relegation battles.

Saorsa
31-07-2012, 10:43 PM

One fan said "Give him back to Hibs." And with not long to go in the Transfer window, out of sheer desperation and the emptiness of our midfield, I would have him! Anyone else!?and you propose tae fill that emptiness with a player who had about one good game in every ten and is anonymous the rest of the time?

PeterboroHibee
01-08-2012, 06:44 AM

Again, nobody has said they wouldnt like to see an exciting, attacking player at the club. But to claim I should give up watching football because I dont want Zemmama back is laughable. Ive put the facts out in front of you - we were lucky if we got 16 starts out of him a season, and in a fair few of them he was ineffective, or picked up an injury. He may well be better in terms of ability than those at the club (hardly difficult), but with his inconsistancy in showing it, and his poor appearance record every season (which he maintains at Middlesbrough), he is far from the right option.

Other SPL clubs manage to pick up creative players, who at least turn up and play the majority of the games. Mackay-Stevens for United has been one of the best examples, a hugely talented player, picked up from Airdrie and played 36 games in his first season, as well as being their main creative influence.

hibsbollah
01-08-2012, 08:04 AM
Thats a bit disingenuous as no names of any players were mentioned just that players who the manager stated had the wrong attitude were no longer at the club

It would only be disingenuous to someone who hadnt properly read and understood my post :dunno:

I was pointing out that, as the example of Leigh signing shows, its a dangerous game to try and 'read the runes' and hang on every utterance from club officials in order to guess what player we may or may not sign. It was clear from my post that Fenlon hadnt specifically said Leigh was one of the bad apples.

Andy74
01-08-2012, 08:21 AM

Yep, I'd love that sort of player again but for all the reasons mentioned, not him. As he won't be coming back it's not worth arguing over either!

ahibby
01-08-2012, 08:31 AM

While not a world beater ( I suppose ), there were definitely games in which Zemama did indeed carry the team. There were games in which he played we won which if he hadn't played in we would'nt have. The problem, as others have said, he didn't play often enough. Teams playing against us would surely have looked to see if he was playing and if not they would surely have been given a confidence boost before a ball was kicked. Anyone remember the first game of the season away to Motherwell a couple of years back, Yogi was manager? Bob Malcolm was given the job of physically keeping Zemama out of the game but still Zemama was by far the best player on the park. He scored putting the ball in to the near top corner from the left side of the box. He also ripped their defence a new one with a style I hadn't seen since the days of Jimmy Johnstone (Celtic). I would love a player with his skills who could play most of the season if not all. Aint gonna happen. We don't have the cash or the ability/desire to raise it.

Sumner
01-08-2012, 08:38 AM
Zouma yes, Benji no.

seven nowt
01-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Why wouldn't Hibs supporters want Zemmama..he's a great football player and you only need to look at our current midfield to know that we need someone like him.

Hope your reading this Fenlon.

Sergio sledge
01-08-2012, 10:00 AM
Some stats about Zemmama for this thread, make of them what you wish.

He signed for us in Aug 2006, leaving on load Sept 08, returning May 09 and leaving for Boro Jan 11. During that time he made 89 appearances, with 30 of those coming from the bench, scoring 11 goals.

He played a part in 55% of our games in that period.

He was top of the assists chart in 2006-2007 with 9, scoring 2 goals.
He was top of the assists chart in 2007-2008 with 6, scoring 6 goals.
Before his injury in 2009-2010, he had 2 assists and 2 goals in half a season.

With Zemmama in the team, we won 37% of games, losing 37%. Scored 1.41 Goals per game and conceded 1.21.
Without Zemmama in the team, we won 34% of games, losing 45%. Scored 1.46 Goals per game and conceded 1.45.

With Zemmama in the team against the Old Firm and Hearts, we played 24, winning 21% of games, losing 54%. Scored 0.79 Goals per game and conceded 1.5.
Without Zemmama in the team against the Old Firm and Hearts, we played 21, winning 14% of games, losing 67%. Scored 0.85 Goals per game and conceded 1.62.

With Zemmama in the team against Hearts, we played 8, winning 25% of games, losing 37.5%. Scored 0.75 Goals per game and conceded 1.
Without Zemmama in the team against Hearts, we played 6, winning 14% of games, losing 57%. Scored 0.71 Goals per game and conceded 1.28.

IMHO, he's better than any of the current midfield and is creative, so for that reason I'd have him back.

Saorsa
01-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Why wouldn't Hibs supporters want Zemmama..he's a great football player and you only need to look at our current midfield to know that we need someone like him.

Hope your reading this Fenlon.There's nae doubting is ability but we need players who can/dae play well in mair than one game in ten. A luxury we cannae afford IMO.

Phil MaGlass
01-08-2012, 10:05 AM
How anyone would want Zemama back beats me??? He played a handful of games where he was outstanding, for the rest he was pish due to him not playing for weeks because of Ramadan and then not being fit enough the following weeks citing Ramadan, what alot of pish, definitely not worth a Hibs shirt, other players have managed to play through Ramadan by being smart, seems he is just being a lazy smart ar5e.

Renfrew_Hibby
01-08-2012, 10:24 AM
There's nae doubting is ability but we need players who can/dae play well in mair than one game in ten. A luxury we cannae afford IMO.

Would rather we signed a bruising ugly, roll your sleeves up midfield hardman.

Elephant Stone
01-08-2012, 10:25 AM
How anyone would want Zemama back beats me??? He played a handful of games where he was outstanding, for the rest he was pish due to him not playing for weeks because of Ramadan and then not being fit enough the following weeks citing Ramadan, what alot of pish, definitely not worth a Hibs shirt, other players have managed to play through Ramadan by being smart, seems he is just being a lazy smart ar5e.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_BPBojSYFPDw/R2rgBk6CFUI/AAAAAAAAA3s/0kkj1NixNkY/s1600/John%2BCollins%2BNice%2BOne.jpg

frazeHFC
01-08-2012, 11:15 AM
An absolute genius on his day, it's a shame he never had a consistent time at us, ie without the year out, injuries and Ramadan troubles etc.

Betty Boop
01-08-2012, 11:35 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_BPBojSYFPDw/R2rgBk6CFUI/AAAAAAAAA3s/0kkj1NixNkY/s1600/John%2BCollins%2BNice%2BOne.jpg

:drool:

Walter
01-08-2012, 12:26 PM
I have it on good authority he wears his pants in the shower, so on that note I'm out.

Judas Iscariot
01-08-2012, 01:45 PM

Who's he "managing" these days?

Phil MaGlass
01-08-2012, 02:06 PM

and a good old flag debate:flag:

Keith_M
01-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Does anyone have the stats as to how many games per season on average Zemmama actually played? I'd be very surprised it it was above 50% in his time with Hibs. Can we afford a player that plays only in a very low percentage of our games?

Also, it seems that if any Hibs fan that says they don't want Zemmama back is criticised as only caring about hod-carriers and un exciting players who give their all. What a load of bullsh*t!

I would absolutely love to see a player like Zemmama, or even Benji, at hibs if they could turn on the style even in one game in four. I would dispute with anyone that either player gave good performances that often.

PeterboroHibee
01-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Does anyone have the stats as to how many games per season on average Zemmama actually played? I'd be very surprised it it was above 50% in his time with Hibs. Can we afford a player that plays only in a very low percentage of our games?

Also, it seems that if any Hibs fan that says they don't want Zemmama back is criticised as only caring about hod-carriers and un exciting players who give their all. What a load of bullsh*t!

I would absolutely love to see a player like Zemmama, or even Benji, at hibs if they could turn on the style even in one game in four. I would dispute with anyone that either player gave good performances that often.

Someone posted it earlier, it was around 50-55%. Not great, especially when you are looking at him as the main creative influence on the team.

Also, if you take into account the number of games he went off injured before half time (I can remember a few times), or he just wasnt up for the game, its not great.

Fwiw, I loved Zemmama as a player. When he was fit and up for it, he was a devastating player, the game against United being one of the best examples. But I also remember that those performances were so rare, where every season we hoped this could be the one where he stays fit and we get the best out of him, yet it never happened...

ancient hibee
01-08-2012, 02:58 PM
We all like to watch exciting players.Funnily enough I don't ever remember an opposing club naming him as a player they had to watch out for.

Golden Bear
01-08-2012, 03:04 PM
Thanks but no thanks.

R'Albin
01-08-2012, 05:04 PM
I'd take him. Reckon he could tear the SPL up this year - I guess it would never happen due to our limited wages this year but would be delighted to see him back.

The Green Goblin
01-08-2012, 08:59 PM
It's all hypothetical, but it does also pose a larger question about whether it's worth taking someone on for the difference they will make, even if they are not perfect or come with baggage of some kind (not the drinking/drugs baggage).

For example, we came within 90 minutes of being relegated last season. Supposing Zemmamma had played in those much-mentioned-on-this-thread "10 games" he might have managed during the season, and brought with him his assists and midfield creativity or a few goals, well, you could argue that even though it's "10 games", it's still the difference between 2nd bottom, or worse, and a finish closer to mid table. We don't have any standout players capable of any guile or flashes of brilliance that can turn or win games.

Hibs don't really have the luxury of turning down the chance of a contribution like that, with the way things are. So, imho, I would sign him, and be prepared and willing to accept his contribution would be limited, but vital, because we can ill-afford to do without it at the mo.

hibsbollah
02-08-2012, 08:12 AM
We all like to watch exciting players.Funnily enough I don't ever remember an opposing club naming him as a player they had to watch out for.

I do. In fact my yam mates were unanimous that he was the one player they feared going into a derby, and the one player theyd pay money to watch. Zemmama threads are the worst, i cant believe what im reading sometimes.

Kato
02-08-2012, 08:17 AM
It's all hypothetical, but it does also pose a larger question about whether it's worth taking someone on for the difference they will make, even if they are not perfect or come with baggage of some kind (not the drinking/drugs baggage).

For example, we came within 90 minutes of being relegated last season. Supposing Zemmamma had played in those much-mentioned-on-this-thread "10 games" he might have managed during the season, and brought with him his assists and midfield creativity or a few goals, well, you could argue that even though it's "10 games", it's still the difference between 2nd bottom, or worse, and a finish closer to mid table. We don't have any standout players capable of any guile or flashes of brilliance that can turn or win games.

What if he was posted missing in 15 games that we then went on to lose? Does the 10 games make up for that?

Think we need some consistency, something which Zooma never provided.

Steve-O
02-08-2012, 08:46 AM

So he was pish in games that he wasn't playing in? :greengrin

IMO, Zemmama is superior to 99% of every player at Hibs right now.

02-08-2012, 08:46 AM
That thread title sums him up perfectly, an enigma. Noone could ever doubt his ability, but he had one problem after another. We were lucky if we got about 10 games out of him a season, and even then he wasnt up for all of them. On his day he could have been one of the best players in the SPL, but that rarely occured. Not one Id want back.

:agree: and with that attitude, no thanks! We don't need someone in the dressing room going in the huff and causing problems, we have seen before where that gets us!

easty
02-08-2012, 08:50 AM
So he was pish in games that he wasn't playing in? :greengrin

IMO, Zemmama is superior to 99% of every player at Hibs right now.

Who is the other 1%?

Steve-O
02-08-2012, 08:54 AM
Who is the other 1%?

Ok, 100% :greengrin

lapsedhibee
02-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Who is the other 1%?

I don't think we even have 100 players, so the implication of the original statement would have been that there is a part of a current player who's better than Zemmama! :wink:

seven nowt
02-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Someone posted it earlier, it was around 50-55%. Not great, especially when you are looking at him as the main creative influence on the team.

Also, if you take into account the number of games he went off injured before half time (I can remember a few times), or he just wasnt up for the game, its not great.

Fwiw, I loved Zemmama as a player. When he was fit and up for it, he was a devastating player, the game against United being one of the best examples. But I also remember that those performances were so rare, where every season we hoped this could be the one where he stays fit and we get the best out of him, yet it never happened...

Most of the Hibs players who always play when called upon dont turn up for 50% of the matches!! I would definitely take Zemmama