PDA

View Full Version : Phil Addison and Marc Lancaster

andrew70
31-07-2012, 08:08 AM
I notice the above players have left Hibs to join Berwick Rangers. Anyone able to tell me much about these players?

happiehibbie
31-07-2012, 08:46 AM
I notice the above players have left Hibs to join Berwick Rangers. Anyone able to tell me much about these players?

I have watch Phil he can play i was suprised when he was let go by hibs

capi
31-07-2012, 05:37 PM
I hear that Jack Verth and Jamie Doris also signed for them

ian cruise
31-07-2012, 09:05 PM
I hear that Jack Verth and Jamie Doris also signed for them

On loan or free transfers? I'm sure they were highly rated a few years back. was hopingthey would come good. If it is a loan move then I'm happy with that.

Brooster
01-08-2012, 05:34 AM
Dorris and Addison are average at best, Lancaster is a good tough tackling left back but was about fifth in line for a first team slot, Verth looked good at centre half, good feet and aggressive in attacking the ball, right back was his favoured position but not his best in my opinion. If these guys havent developed sufficiently by the age of 19 they move on, its a brutal fact of modern football academys.

IWasThere2016
01-08-2012, 09:41 AM
Dorris and Addison are average at best, Lancaster is a good tough tackling left back but was about fifth in line for a first team slot, Verth looked good at centre half, good feet and aggressive in attacking the ball, right back was his favoured position but not his best in my opinion. If these guys havent developed sufficiently by the age of 19 they move on, its a brutal fact of modern football academys.

:agree: If you are not in the first team squad by 20 it is goodbye ..

andrew70
01-08-2012, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the replies

J-C
01-08-2012, 12:53 PM
:agree: If you are not in the first team squad by 20 it is goodbye ..

Maybe not starting but pushing for a bench spot at the very least.

BSEJVT
01-08-2012, 08:14 PM
To be honest although I dont know any of the players involved or their abilties, we have to trust in Pat Fenlon.

I am delighted with this, for far too long we have bunches of guys of that age hanging around taking a wage who were never going to make the first team and blocking the progress of others from playing in higher age groups / bounce games.

If having a cull at that level lets some of the younger guys through a bit earlier great.

It didnt do Riordan, Brown, Whittaker, Thomson et all any harm

Even if they arent up to it they will be identified as such earlier and wont be hanging around taking a wage and dragging the place down.

It will also let them progress their careers whether in football or elsewhere earlier elsewhere

Harsh but true

basehibby
01-08-2012, 09:29 PM
To be honest although I dont know any of the players involved or their abilties, we have to trust in Pat Fenlon.

I am delighted with this, for far too long we have bunches of guys of that age hanging around taking a wage who were never going to make the first team and blocking the progress of others from playing in higher age groups / bounce games.

If having a cull at that level lets some of the younger guys through a bit earlier great.

It didnt do Riordan, Brown, Whittaker, Thomson et all any harm

Even if they arent up to it they will be identified as such earlier and wont be hanging around taking a wage and dragging the place down.

It will also let them progress their careers whether in football or elsewhere earlier elsewhere

Harsh but true

:agree: There might be some late developers who slip through the net but it's better for them to get regular competitive football at a lower level anyway so as they can develop.

Hibs can't afford to hang onto too many young players on that off chance though - got to give the new blood a chance.