PDA

View Full Version : Jorge Claros

hibeefan95
30-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Just want to know what people think of Jorge Claros on here. I got the idea to put up this thread when me and my dad were arguing about him earlier.

Sas_The_Hibby
30-07-2012, 10:32 PM
Has it all to prove. Needs to at least look interested, unlike most of last season, IMO.

hibeefan95
30-07-2012, 10:38 PM
Has it all to prove. Needs to at least look interested, unlike most of last season, IMO.

I agree. I have a lot of confidence that he'll do well for us. Just a feeling I have.

blackpoolhibs
30-07-2012, 10:40 PM
I'm not a fan, he needs to do better this season in my opinion.

Scouse Hibee
30-07-2012, 10:42 PM
Got a feeling he will struggle again, hope I'm wrong.

lucky
30-07-2012, 10:44 PM
Too slow for the hectic SPL. No doubt he can play but not in the kick and rush league we have in Scotland

blaikie
30-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Just want to know what people think of Jorge Claros on here. I got the idea to put up this thread when me and my dad were arguing about him earlier.

I'd prefer to have Kevin McBride back in that midfield! I would send him back to montegua or whatever there called. Waste of a few grand a week!

Matty_Jack04
30-07-2012, 10:47 PM
I like him but am well aware I'm in a minority he's good on the ball and reads the game well IMO different player in a better midfield than we had last year

LeighLoyal
30-07-2012, 10:52 PM
There is ability there but I question his attitude, not sure he ever gives 100%.

hibeefan95
30-07-2012, 10:52 PM
I'd prefer to have Kevin McBride back in that midfield! I would send him back to montegua or whatever there called. Waste of a few grand a week!

Are you sure? :wink: In all seriousness though, I don't think we should send him back to his parent club yet. I personally think we should give him a chance to prove to Hibs fans that he's capable. I think he will come good, I might be wrong fair enough, but he does put in a really good challenge sometimes.

basehibby
30-07-2012, 10:53 PM
He showed glimpses of real quality with some astute passes last season but all too occasionally. Needs to really dig in and impress himself on games - if he can get up to pace physically with the scottish game then he could be a success.

hibeefan95
30-07-2012, 10:57 PM
There is ability there but I question his attitude, not sure he ever gives 100%.

:agree: I hope Pat Fenlon will give him a gentle kick up the a*se, telling him to put in 100% in each game. The kind of players he likes are ones who show desire. Pat will probably tell him to start putting in the required effort week in week out, then hopefully we'll see a change in him.

blaikie
30-07-2012, 11:00 PM
Are you sure? :wink: In all seriousness though, I don't think we should send him back to his parent club yet. I personally think we should give him a chance to prove to Hibs fans that he's capable. I think he will come good, I might be wrong fair enough, but he does put in a really good challenge sometimes.

McBride had more decent performances than Claros. I would prefer we got someone in that we can build a team round he will be off back home in January leaving us yet again to built a midfield around a new arrival. imo Kerr is a bad option as well we should be looking around for better, we need a leader in the middle of the park.

hibeefan95
30-07-2012, 11:10 PM
McBride had more decent performances than Claros. I would prefer we got someone in that we can build a team round he will be off back home in January leaving us yet again to built a midfield around a new arrival. imo Kerr is a bad option as well we should be looking around for better, we need a leader in the middle of the park.

Actually, you're right. McBride did have more decent performances than Claros, although IMO Claros is the better tackler. I would hope that if he done well for us this season, then Pat would re-sign him in January, either on loan again or permanently. I haven't made my mind up yet about Kerr. The only time I've seen him play was the Huddersfield game.

Leishy1995
31-07-2012, 03:17 AM
I blame Rangers for him being so poor. They claimed he was good enough for them. Has a lot of proving to do.

Surprisingly, he can't prove us wrong cause we have seen how bad he can be already.

EdinMike
31-07-2012, 03:32 AM
I haven't been convinced so far. I wasn't one of those people who got over-hyped by him before he came as, let's face it, we've seen players like him come and go before without making much of an impact.

I only hope (and I'm glad he does now) having his family coming over can inject a certain "Je ne sais quoi" ?

Hainan Hibs
31-07-2012, 06:17 AM
Without sounding like a drama queen I'm still disgusted by his performance in the final. Defined the attitude we've had in derbies over the years, looked like a scared lassie and really shouldn't have bothered to turn up.

I wouldn't have minded one bit if his loan deal had been cancelled, I hope he improves this year.

H1B33 1875
31-07-2012, 07:48 AM
Not a fan of Claros. I dont think we can really afford to give him time this season, we need a solid midfielder to slot in there, someone who gives 100%. Not convinced Claros does.

Captain Trips
31-07-2012, 07:53 AM
He is a signing you bring in when doing well , bad time to sign him and offered IMO next to nothing. On that basis along with a few more I am far more worried about Fenlon and the poor squad we have than on 1 player.

PeterboroHibee
31-07-2012, 07:55 AM
I think Claros is a decent player, but I dont think we will ever see the best of him given the state of our midfield.

From what I saw last season, I get the impression he likes to pick up the ball and spray it about from deeper positions. That could work if we had a better midfield (and most likely it would have to be a midfield 3), but Stevenson doesnt have the pace or the strength to cover the rest of the midfield on his own. The two of them alone just doesnt look like a midfield pair that are going to dominate many games in the SPL, and there in lies the problem...

Andy74
31-07-2012, 08:09 AM
I like him, and I think he does try, and care, but he's played all his life in a totally different sport basically and playing in the SPL may never be something he can adjust to.

Keith_M
31-07-2012, 08:29 AM
Seriously suffers from his nickname of 'Pitbull'. I'm not sure what that signifies to a Spanish speaker but it clearly isn't the same as it is in the UK.

Maybe chihuahua is a beter translation :dunno:

I really thought we were getting a player that would maul Ian Black, not sit in Paris Hilton's handbag.

Judas Iscariot
31-07-2012, 09:47 AM
He's our best midfielder by far...

That's a worry

Captain Trips
31-07-2012, 10:29 AM
He's our best midfielder by far...

That's a worry

I do not agree, I do agree with the worry part though as frankly most of the players are worry, new guys though deserve chance.

The_Horde
31-07-2012, 10:34 AM
Seriously suffers from his nickname of 'Pitbull'. I'm not sure what that signifies to a Spanish speaker but it clearly isn't the same as it is in the UK.

Maybe chihuahua is a beter translation :dunno:

I really thought we were getting a player that would maul Ian Black, not sit in Paris Hilton's handbag.

:hilarious

Judas Iscariot
31-07-2012, 10:35 AM
I do not agree, I do agree with the worry part though as frankly most of the players are worry, new guys though deserve chance.

Who would you say is a better midfielder?

Captain Trips
31-07-2012, 10:37 AM
Who would you say is a better midfielder?

Over the piece Lewis not saying he is any great shake but I think he is better.

hibeefan95
31-07-2012, 12:11 PM
I haven't been convinced so far. I wasn't one of those people who got over-hyped by him before he came as, let's face it, we've seen players like him come and go before without making much of an impact.

I only hope (and I'm glad he does now) having his family coming over can inject a certain "Je ne sais quoi" ?

I have to admit, I did get over-hyped by the prospect of having a guy who was known as 'pitbull', and was wanted by Rangers in our midfield. Really didn't turn out the way I'd hoped, obviously. I hope he does settle down, now that his family has moved over.

hibeefan95
31-07-2012, 12:15 PM
Without sounding like a drama queen I'm still disgusted by his performance in the final. Defined the attitude we've had in derbies over the years, looked like a scared lassie and really shouldn't have bothered to turn up.

I wouldn't have minded one bit if his loan deal had been cancelled, I hope he improves this year.

I agree his performance was disgusting, but Osbourne was just as bad if not worse in the CF IMO.

jacomo
31-07-2012, 12:42 PM

If we go into next season with Claros and Stevenson as our first choice midfield pair, I would worry. I think both have merit, but won't work together.

Captain Trips
31-07-2012, 12:45 PM
If we go into next season with Claros and Stevenson as our first choice midfield pair, I would worry. I think both have merit, but won't work together.

We are in severe trouble this term, if PF had signed 10 players I had never heard of I would reserve judgement however we needed 8+ players not including McPake and Griffiths. We have 3 and I see no reason at why we would do better this term, that midfield you suggest is bad.

Spike Mandela
31-07-2012, 01:36 PM

5 days to sign some players to avoid us having the worst midfield we have ever started an SPL campaign with imo.

Captain Trips
31-07-2012, 01:43 PM
5 days to sign some players to avoid us having the worst midfield we have ever started an SPL campaign with imo.

I would say arguably worst team as a whole. McPake improved us but at start of last term we had decent forwards, now we have let one go and the guy who couldnt break into our team looks like getting more games, the midfield is a joke the defence god knows.

blackpoolhibs
31-07-2012, 02:03 PM
I would say arguably worst team as a whole. McPake improved us but at start of last term we had decent forwards, now we have let one go and the guy who couldnt break into our team looks like getting more games, the midfield is a joke the defence god knows.

I agree 100% but someone will be along to correct you in a minute, and tell you its a new season, last season has gone and you have to wait and see how they do after the first set of games. :rolleyes:

Imagine this lot with a couple of injuries, it does not bare thinking about? :boo hoo:

DH1875
31-07-2012, 05:30 PM
Osbourne was just as bad if not worse in the CF IMO.

I totally agree with this :agree:. I think there is a player there and would no doubt flourish in a better team with better players around about him.

Baldy Foghorn
31-07-2012, 07:56 PM
I totally agree with this :agree:. I think there is a player there and would no doubt flourish in a better team with better players around about him.

You mean doing his work for him? Osbourne never impressed me, never really utilised his physical presence, skipped tackles, and wouldn't track back....

Claros has to do better than last season, although he has looked better in pre-season, keeps things simple. I see Cairney as the one who will get stuck in (if selected).

SouthamptonHibs
31-07-2012, 08:05 PM
I think he's Honking. Carlos passing is poor doesn't work hard for team, he doesn't score goals, creates few chances and he's no pitbull in the challenge. I thought / hoped we seen the last off him aswell as Stevenson in a Hibs jersey. Come Sunday we'll face the same problems we did last season! Cannae wait hail hail

London Hibs FC
01-08-2012, 12:30 AM
Imagine this lot with a couple of injuries, it does not bare thinking about? :boo hoo:

:agree:

Gala Foxes
01-08-2012, 04:44 AM
He brings consistency to our midfield in the sense that games consistently pass him by

Spends half his time on his backside on the grass having had to dive in on a tackle because he has either overplayed the ball or mis-controlled it

Certainly looks a long way from being an international player or "pit bull" - more Puppy than Pit Bull on showing to date

Hopefully he will improve but nothing much has been shown so far to suggest he is the answer to our long running midfield problems

Hainan Hibs
01-08-2012, 06:08 AM
I agree his performance was disgusting, but Osbourne was just as bad if not worse in the CF IMO.

I agree and I'm glad he is gone.

Mac
01-08-2012, 06:53 AM
Actually, you're right. McBride did have more decent performances than Claros, although IMO Claros is the better tackler. I would hope that if he done well for us this season, then Pat would re-sign him in January, either on loan again or permanently. I haven't made my mind up yet about Kerr. The only time I've seen him play was the Huddersfield game.

Better in the tackle?? are you on the wind up? the boy looks light weight and yards behind the game, being hooked in both semi & final showed that.

I think Jarko Wiss was better :rolleyes:

Don Giovanni
01-08-2012, 07:09 AM
Claros' lack of mobility makes Ray Wilkins look like a buzzbomb! He's unbelievibly slow and plays like he needs a double hip replacement! :shock:

As well as his statuesque mobility and woeful "pace", he also concedes a lot of posession either by launching a long diagonal out the park or by being caught on the ball.

Whilst Stevenson might be a limited player at least he provides effort and endeavor. I really don't think Claros adds anything to that midfield at all.

It's a major worry that we are a handful of days away from this pair being our starting midfield line-up.

As for Osbourne, I can't say I'm too fussed that he's away but I expected a swift replacement.

We really need better in that central area or teams will simply walk through us again (just as they did last season) and we will be unable to keep or do anything with the ball.

Jim44
01-08-2012, 07:28 AM
Claros' lack of mobility makes Ray Wilkins look like a buzzbomb! He's unbelievibly slow and plays like he needs a double hip replacement! :shock:

As well as his statuesque mobility and woeful "pace", he also concedes a lot of posession either by launching a long diagonal out the park or by being caught on the ball.

Whilst Stevenson might be a limited player at least he provides effort and endeavor. I really don't think Claros adds anything to that midfield at all.

It's a major worry that we are a handful of days away from this pair being our starting midfield line-up.

As for Osbourne, I can't say I'm too fussed that he's away but I expected a swift replacement.

We really need better in that central area or teams will simply walk through us again (just as they did last season) and we will be unable to keep or do anything with the ball.

Claros, IMHO, can't hack it in the Scottish game. Without Osbourne, his role will be even more difficult. The struggle or inability to replace Osbourne points to a long hard season keeping our heads above water.

ahibby
01-08-2012, 08:59 AM
We don't have a Matty jack in midfield to protect any of the little guys who might have a bit talent. Claros's job was made more difficult by being tagged the pit bull (or whatever the likes) as he was set up for any hot head in other teams to have a go at which happened a number of times. He doesn't have the physical presence that much is obvious. After the final last season I will be looking to see if he has the heart of a lion or a lamb this season.

Steven_Hibs
12-08-2012, 04:47 PM
I thought he was brilliant when he came on today, looked like a different player to me! :flag:

HoboHarry
12-08-2012, 04:49 PM
We don't have a Matty jack in midfield to protect any of the little guys who might have a bit talent. Claros's job was made more difficult by being tagged the pit bull (or whatever the likes) as he was set up for any hot head in other teams to have a go at which happened a number of times. He doesn't have the physical presence that much is obvious. After the final last season I will be looking to see if he has the heart of a lion or a lamb this season.
It would appear that we do now....

S.sct
12-08-2012, 04:49 PM

Deegan.....

Sean1875
12-08-2012, 04:51 PM
I thought he was brilliant when he came on today, looked like a different player to me! :flag:
I thought the exact opposite. Lost count of the number of times he gave the ball away. :rolleyes:

hibee_girl

:agree:

Tbh I feared for us when he came on as I didn't think he would be up to it but he surprised me, he looked a lot sharper and looked to have got to grips with the pace of the Scottish game

Postman

Agreed and should be back in next week in place of Stevenson

Cabbage East
Claros did well today.

steakbake
12-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Claros did well today.

Very. Dont want to hit a negative tone, but if he can play like that, where was he at the Cup Final?

Lang Toun Hibs
12-08-2012, 04:57 PM

Wouldn't go as far as brilliant but certainly performed pretty well in my opinion. Didn't stop someone sitting near to me shouting abuse at him though...a strange way to support our team.

Titch
12-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Agreed and should be back in next week in place of Stevenson

Lewis played well today from where I was sat in the FF also great pass to spoony for the goal

Hainan Hibs
12-08-2012, 04:59 PM
He did well when he came on, some nice passes and tackles, however he will have to have a few more performances like that for me to be convinced. Hopefully the signing of Deegan has made it clear that he isn't an automatic pick and therefore will have to get the finger out.

Postman
12-08-2012, 05:02 PM
Lewis played well today from where I was sat in the FF also great pass to spoony for the goal

Stevenson is a good honest player but should never be in a Hibs starting 11, never good enough. Claros is a far better player who will do well with Cairney and Deegan alongside him in the midfield. Still need a wide man

lucky
12-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Sorry but he is not good enough. I don't think he play that well when he came on. I don't think he will make it in British football. But I hope he proves me wrong

ahibby
12-08-2012, 05:36 PM
Sorry but he is not good enough. I don't think he play that well when he came on. I don't think he will make it in British football. But I hope he proves me wrong

I kind of agree with you on this. Some of his passes were less than good and often gets caught on the wrong side of an attacking player. He might come on for the better though. However if he only has until Christmas we might not see the best of him.

Heedersnvolleys
12-08-2012, 05:45 PM

I am sorry but Claros done more in his first 5min's today than Stevenson done in the whole first 45mins. Have to say though there was a spell when he could do nothing right for 5mins later on.

And for me that is the difference, when we have the ball Claros wants it. Stevenson only try's to get when we don't have and gets rid if it ASAP!

TornadoHibby
12-08-2012, 05:47 PM
I thought the exact opposite. Lost count of the number of times he gave the ball away. :rolleyes:

Sometimes I fell that I must have been at another game and not the Hibs game of the day when I read some of the comments on here about particular players performances! :confused:

That sir is an unbeliveable comment based upon the actual performance of Claros today IMO and based upon the comments of those seated around me in the West during the match! :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Shows all the differences of opinion I suppose as I thought that this thread would be slating his showing today. He has the tactical know how to get into the correct positions but time and time again, his passing was just awful. Lost count of the times that he was caught in possession. On one occasion when he threatened to break loose, he seemed to boot the ball as high as he could, and it came down in a straight line, with snow on it. Shades of EDG for me, because you can see a player there, but how long can we wait for him to come good?

GordonHFC
12-08-2012, 05:49 PM

Agreed. Claros looks as if he needs to be continuously told where to go by others. Still not convinced re Stevenson also. Another midfielder required along with Kuqi and we may have a reasonable season.

Monts
12-08-2012, 05:50 PM
I am sorry but Claros done more in his first 5min's today than Stevenson done in the whole first 45mins. Have to say though there was a spell when he could do nothing right for 5mins later on.

And for me that is the difference, when we have the ball Claros wants it. Stevenson only try's to get when we don't have and gets rid if it ASAP!

He didnt start the move for the goal then no?

Sean1875
12-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Sometimes I fell that I must have been at another game and not the Hibs game of the day when I read some of the comments on here about particular players performances! :confused:

That sir is an unbeliveable comment based upon the actual performance of Claros today IMO and based upon the comments of those seated around me in the West during the match! :agree:

Maybe the fact I generally dont rate him at all maybe made me a bit biased, certainly seems that way from the praise he seems to be getting from others. However, the two guys I was sitting with thought the exact same thing. Still dont want him anywhere near the first team.

Baldy Foghorn
12-08-2012, 05:57 PM
I thought he was more tenacious in the tackle Today, not too sure on his passing mind....

Piqué
12-08-2012, 06:02 PM
Very hit or miss for me today, won some good tackles but did cause some promising attacks to break down with a sloppy pass.

AlbertK86
12-08-2012, 06:03 PM
I thought he looked good when he came on. Didnae see the misplaced passes that some are saying

Kept possession well

Lewis had great pass in lead up to goal but relatively anon otherwise

PJ IronHIbee
12-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Thought the Claros had his bet game for the cabbage today. I felt that Stevenson was fairly ineffective and Claros made a difference when he came on. Far from outstanding I may add but the signs are promising. The fact his family are now over here may mean we now see the best if the Pitbull!:wink:

Lang Toun Hibs
12-08-2012, 06:32 PM
Maybe the fact I generally dont rate him at all maybe made me a bit biased, certainly seems that way from the praise he seems to be getting from others. However, the two guys I was sitting with thought the exact same thing. Still dont want him anywhere near the first team.

Where do you sit Sean?

Sean1875
12-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Where do you sit Sean?

I was front row in the East today. Not far from half way between the semi-circle and the penalty box closest to the Yams.

Lang Toun Hibs
12-08-2012, 06:48 PM
I was front row in the East today. Not far from half way between the semi-circle and the penalty box closest to the Yams.

Thought I might have been near you but wasn't.

Sean1875
12-08-2012, 06:50 PM
Thought I might have been near you but wasn't.

Ahh okay, no worries :aok:

steviehibsleith
12-08-2012, 07:10 PM
I think he will settle in and be a good player for Hibs - I Hope
Heard in the summer his wife and kid moved here so hopefully his intention is now on proving himself. SPL is different than what he is used to im sure. Hopefully now he has is family and has had 6 months to settlle its time to show that he deserves his place in the team.
Do agree he has been poor in the past as in work ethic etc but i hope with Deegan and Cairney who are both committed workers with bite he will step up .
Not sure I agee with some posts about today as I think in general was a good shift going box to box 1 minute defending next linking with Wotherspoon, some passes astray but right ideas. Only second game of the season and his first 30 minutes so come on Pitbull im a believer :agree:

DH1875
12-08-2012, 07:36 PM

I thought he looked better today and funnily enough the two guy's next to me thought so as well. Just goes to show, swings and roundabouts.

mim
12-08-2012, 08:08 PM
At a stage of the game when Hearts had begun to take complete control, Claros came on and wrested control back. He, Deegan and McPake were our best players, imho.

1two
12-08-2012, 08:21 PM

He won the ball well and tried to pass to the right players. Failed with a few passes but that should improve with game time

Lee
12-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Shows all the differences of opinion I suppose as I thought that this thread would be slating his showing today. He has the tactical know how to get into the correct positions but time and time again, his passing was just awful. Lost count of the times that he was caught in possession. On one occasion when he threatened to break loose, he seemed to boot the ball as high as he could, and it came down in a straight line, with snow on it. Shades of EDG for me, because you can see a player there, but how long can we wait for him to come good?

Agree with this bit. Not wanting to be too negative about his performance, positionally he was sound, but rushed his passes a bit at times.....right idea, wrong execution

J-C
12-08-2012, 08:28 PM
Agree with this bit. Not wanting to be too negative about his performance, positionally he was sound, but rushed his passes a bit at times.....right idea, wrong execution

I think he's just being a bit ambitious with his passes, trying the killer pass too often, reads the game very well but still think he's trying too hard to impress, keep it simple.

basehibby
12-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Claros looked a lot better today than last season - was getting some tackles in there and do NOT agree his passing was anywhere near terrible as suggested by some. One or two ify ones but the vast majority finding their targets and some quite incisively.
I thought he looked like the pre-season together with having his family over is doing him the power of good - thought he was like a new signing at times! Depends which way you look at it I suppose - I was looking for improvement and saw plenty from Claros.

PeterboroHibee
13-08-2012, 07:14 AM
Claros looked alright when he came on and looked more keen to get involved. His passing was pretty stinking though, and near the end of the game he kept lumping it to noone rather than trying to keep a hold of the ball. Im still not sure about him, and I thought we played the best football in the first half with Stevenson on the pitch (not saying that was directly a result of him, just thought we looked better).