PDA

View Full Version : Rob Jones leaves Sheff Wed, signs for Doncaster

berwickhibee
30-07-2012, 08:10 PM
has left sheffield wednesday by mutual consent,played most of last season,seems a bit strange???

SteveHFC
30-07-2012, 08:13 PM
Would take him back in a heartbeat :greengrin. But would he accept our offer of £10 a week?

SaulGoodman
30-07-2012, 08:13 PM
Jonesy and McPake at Center back... :drool:

Part/Time Supporter
30-07-2012, 08:34 PM
They got promoted from League One last season and he didn't cope particularly well in the Championship with Scun_thorpe before.

easty
30-07-2012, 08:35 PM
Cant see us having sufficient finances to bring him back, but would love to see him back at Hibs.

Pretty Boy
30-07-2012, 08:39 PM
Jonesy and McPake at Center back... :drool:

No positional sense and injury prone.

Not Hibs class.

darwenhibby
30-07-2012, 08:45 PM

Not Hibs class.

Agree! People dewy eyed bout jones. He's had his time at hibs

Leishy1995
30-07-2012, 08:47 PM
Sign him.

Part/Time Supporter
30-07-2012, 08:49 PM
He's signing for Doncaster (League One) tomorrow, apparently.

Sergey
30-07-2012, 09:02 PM
He's signing for Doncaster (League One) tomorrow, apparently.

Deal done. Close thread!

HibsNutter
30-07-2012, 11:24 PM
The thought of a Mcpake and Jones pairing at centre half is pretty impresseive, unfortunately I don't think it will happen.

Hibs On Tour
31-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Moot point if he's signed elsewhere but dewey-eyed ma starfish!

When he came in he was what we had been crying out for for ****ing years - a good, old-school, hard-as-nails centre half. Was rock-solid until JC tried to reinvent him as Paulo ****ing Maldini and got his head all pickled.

Would have took him back in a heartbeat but would have been unlikely after he got ****ed around towards the end of his time here anyway.

Gotta wonder what some of us expect on our budgets ffs... :confused:

sesoim
31-07-2012, 08:19 PM

Not Hibs class.

:faf: If Jones isn't Hibs class, what do you make of some of the players we've been linked with/had on trial lately?

sesoim
31-07-2012, 08:21 PM
Agree! People dewy eyed bout jones. He's had his time at hibs

Unless he's went rapidly downhill, he's miles better than most of the CBs we've had to put up with over the last three or four years (and will still have to put up with next season).

Pretty Boy
31-07-2012, 08:30 PM
:faf: If Jones isn't Hibs class, what do you make of some of the players we've been linked with/had on trial lately?

My post was referring to both Jones and McPake and was meant to mock some of the ridiculous criticisms of our players on here, even the good ones.

I didn't think anyone would take it seriously but it spears I was wrong. Worse still it seems a couple of folk even agree.

SaulGoodman
31-07-2012, 09:28 PM
My post was referring to both Jones and McPake and was meant to mock some of the ridiculous criticisms of our players on here, even the good ones.

I didn't think anyone would take it seriously but it spears I was wrong. Worse still it seems a couple of folk even agree.

:agree: Not a good sign when you try to mock and end up having people agree with you!

Posh Swanny
02-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Jones is just one of a long line of Hibs players who have been castigated for "not being good enough" only for realisation to set in a few months after their departure that maybe they weren't so bad after all. Even the likes of Caldwell, Whittaker and Thomson received tons of criticism while in the Hibs first team. Others that fans were not bothered about seeing the backs of like "show pony" Beuzelin and "inconsistent" Shiels have never been replaced with similar quality.

McPake seems to have bought himself time but he must be a candidate for the next player deemed "not of sufficient quality if Hibs want to progress to the next level" before being transferred to someone like Sunderland. However, after the early reactions towards a class player who can't run very fast, I suspect Eoin Doyle will be the next one to move on to better things after being "sh*te at Hibs". (He won't make it to the Premier League though!).

hard as 19
02-08-2012, 10:55 AM
Jones is just one of a long line of Hibs players who have been castigated for "not being good enough" only for realisation to set in a few months after their departure that maybe they weren't so bad after all. Even the likes of Caldwell, Whittaker and Thomson received tons of criticism while in the Hibs first team. Others that fans were not bothered about seeing the backs of like "show pony" Beuzelin and "inconsistent" Shiels have never been replaced with similar quality.

McPake seems to have bought himself time but he must be a candidate for the next player deemed "not of sufficient quality if Hibs want to progress to the next level" before being transferred to someone like Sunderland. However, after the early reactions towards a class player who can't run very fast, I suspect Eoin Doyle will be the next one to move on to better things after being "sh*te at Hibs". (He won't make it to the Premier League though!).

I don't think i've ever agree more with anything posted on here.

Andy74
02-08-2012, 02:31 PM

Good post.

basehibby
02-08-2012, 04:08 PM

:agree: We are over-subscribed with glass-half-empty fans at Hibs who always look for fault and will often blinker themselves against any redeeming qualities in a player once they have made up their minds that said player is SHEIGHT!!!

Most of these characters must live lives of utter misery as reality constantly fails to live up to their lofty expectations - any saturday night out will presumably be categorized as SHEIGHT if it does not start with a 5 star champaign reception and end with a 3 in a bed romp with a couple of supermodels.

There are plenty of great examples of targets of the SHEIGHT-brigade who have plied their trade in recent times at Hibs.

Caldwell - Came from Newcastle to Hibs to gain regular football and succeeded in becoming a Scotland regular while at ER - SHEIGHT
Jones - captain fantastic lead us to a LC triumph with goals aplenty in his first season - SHEIGHT according to some
Whittaker - has won international honours and appeared regularly in the CL as a RB but how did the Hibees panel of experts assess him in this position - you got it - SHEIGHT
Vaz Te - did alright at Hibs in my eyes during his short spell and has gone on to perform goalscoring feats at arguably a higher level - but was described amongst other things as "never a footballer" by some Hibbys I talked to - in other words SHEIGHT
Kujabi - made a really positive impact on a beleagered backline when he arrived last january - sure he had a poor cup final like many of his teammates but surely that doesn't now make him the worst full back in history as some of the Hibs-own scapegoats-are-us would have it - or as they would no doubt put it SHEIGHT!!!

These are but 5 examples from a long list of players castigated by the SHEIGHT-brigade. Maybe they have a point that over the last few years as a team we have been SHEIGHT - but this negative mindset can be infectious and spread through the support - and even to the players themselves - perfect example from recent years being Colin Nish - a dyed in the wool Hibby who, if limited in certain ways, had proven himself already to be a useful SPL player and indeed scored 12 goals in his first season at ER. But then the SHEIGHT-brigade got hold of him and had him crowned as their scapegoat number one and - lo and behold - their annointment of SHEIGHT-ness became a self-fulfilling prophecy and Nish, his confidence no doubt at an all time low, bowed out from ER with a single figure tally on a poor run of form.

So - Hibbys of the SHEIGHT brigade - you have been warned - always remember that SHEIGHT begets SHEIGHT and if you choose to spout SHEIGHT from the terraces you will likely get it right back with interest from the brow-beaten targets of your ire on the field of play.

Captain Trips
02-08-2012, 05:11 PM
I will be excited when we have a team where Rob Jones wouldnt improve things, as it stands we are nowhere near that, Jones would walk into this team for fun.

Sunny1875
03-08-2012, 06:36 PM
I will be excited when we have a team where Rob Jones wouldnt improve things, as it stands we are nowhere near that, Jones would walk into this team for fun.

I would be excited when we have a team where TOM JONES would not improve anything !!!

judas
03-08-2012, 06:41 PM

Not Hibs class.

Not Hibs class. He he he he he he he he he he

Mibbes Aye
03-08-2012, 11:50 PM
I would be excited when we have a team where TOM JONES would not improve anything !!!

That's not unusual :agree:

VickMackie
04-08-2012, 05:22 AM
JONES, JONES, always believe in Rob JONES

lucky
04-08-2012, 06:45 AM
:agree: We are over-subscribed with glass-half-empty fans at Hibs who always look for fault and will often blinker themselves against any redeeming qualities in a player once they have made up their minds that said player is SHEIGHT!!!

Most of these characters must live lives of utter misery as reality constantly fails to live up to their lofty expectations - any saturday night out will presumably be categorized as SHEIGHT if it does not start with a 5 star champaign reception and end with a 3 in a bed romp with a couple of supermodels.

There are plenty of great examples of targets of the SHEIGHT-brigade who have plied their trade in recent times at Hibs.

Caldwell - Came from Newcastle to Hibs to gain regular football and succeeded in becoming a Scotland regular while at ER - SHEIGHT
Jones - captain fantastic lead us to a LC triumph with goals aplenty in his first season - SHEIGHT according to some
Whittaker - has won international honours and appeared regularly in the CL as a RB but how did the Hibees panel of experts assess him in this position - you got it - SHEIGHT
Vaz Te - did alright at Hibs in my eyes during his short spell and has gone on to perform goalscoring feats at arguably a higher level - but was described amongst other things as "never a footballer" by some Hibbys I talked to - in other words SHEIGHT
Kujabi - made a really positive impact on a beleagered backline when he arrived last january - sure he had a poor cup final like many of his teammates but surely that doesn't now make him the worst full back in history as some of the Hibs-own scapegoats-are-us would have it - or as they would no doubt put it SHEIGHT!!!

These are but 5 examples from a long list of players castigated by the SHEIGHT-brigade. Maybe they have a point that over the last few years as a team we have been SHEIGHT - but this negative mindset can be infectious and spread through the support - and even to the players themselves - perfect example from recent years being Colin Nish - a dyed in the wool Hibby who, if limited in certain ways, had proven himself already to be a useful SPL player and indeed scored 12 goals in his first season at ER. But then the SHEIGHT-brigade got hold of him and had him crowned as their scapegoat number one and - lo and behold - their annointment of SHEIGHT-nessame a self-fulfilling prophecy and Nish, his confidence no doubt at an all time low, bowed out from ER with a single figure tally on a poor run of form.

So - Hibbys of the SHEIGHT brigade - you have been warned - always remember that SHEIGHT begets SHEIGHT and if you choose to spout SHEIGHT from the terraces you will likely get it right back with interest from the brow-beaten targets of your ire on the field of play.

Good post and sums up the Hibs boo boys well but Nish was and still is ****/ *****/crap/piss/pish