PDA

View Full Version : season ticket phone calls

Leitherhibs
30-07-2012, 06:43 PM
Just come off the phone from a volunteer of the supporters group asking me to tell the club a few of the reasons why i wouldnt be renewing for next season. Great idea that the person making the call is a like-minded supporter who listened to me moan for 10-15 mins about lack of investment etc. Hope they get a few more renewables on the back of these individuals hardwork. Shame i cant renew next season :flag:

Nakedmanoncrack
30-07-2012, 06:59 PM
Just come off the phone from a volunteer of the supporters group asking me to tell the club a few of the reasons why i wouldnt be renewing for next season. Great idea that the person making the call is a like-minded supporter who listened to me moan for 10-15 mins about lack of investment etc. Hope they get a few more renewables on the back of these individuals hardwork. Shame i cant renew next season :flag:

Was this somebody calling directly from the club?
I had a missed call earlier and after looking the number up (0131 661 2159) I see it was someone at Hibs.

HibsMax
30-07-2012, 07:16 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?241684-Update-on-Supporter-Research-evenings-next-week

Frank Moon
30-07-2012, 07:25 PM
Got one too. I told them my reasons and that I won't be changing my mind. It was a good chat with a fellow supporter and I hope that the board take on the feedback.

bingo70
30-07-2012, 07:27 PM
Just had a call.

A big thanks to those giving up there time to try and help hibs.

At the risk of turning a positive into a negative though its a shame the club couldn't have made these calls earlier, at renewal time I probably could have been persuaded but now was too late, I've made my mind up and am not for changing it, if we make a decent start to the season ill get a half season ticket though.

Nakedmanoncrack
30-07-2012, 07:37 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?241684-Update-on-Supporter-Research-evenings-next-week

Cheers for clearing it up, disappointed I missed the opportunity for spleen venting :wink:

greenwell glory
30-07-2012, 08:06 PM

Just had the call also.

I explained how I had pitched up last week with £355 for a family ticket (FF lower) but left empty handed as the computer said no, sold out!. That was it as far as I was concerned, £355 was my top end but no-one would take it.

2 minutes later I had the finance manager on the phone in utter disbelief that I had been allowed to leave the shop with the cash still in my pooch, so was I to be honest. There now appears to be a few of these packages available !!! fancy that.

So well done to the boy who phoned me, who had taken the trouble to travel down from Perth for the cause, sorry I can't remember your name, but it worked, tomorrow I pick up a season ticket for the boy and me.

Well done to those involved, there's something about seeing fellow fans being arsed that I can relate to, its purely down to you guys being arsed that I've renewed.

So if you fancy a good old fashioned Father and Son ticket for the FF lower, there are still a few available.

GGTTH

I'm_cabbaged
30-07-2012, 08:08 PM
Was going to renew tomorrow, but never got a phone call tonight. Is my money not good enough? :rolleyes:

They can ram it now :greengrin

matty_f
30-07-2012, 09:33 PM
Was going to renew tomorrow, but never got a phone call tonight. Is my money not good enough? :rolleyes:

There will be calls made through to Wednesday night.

Pretty Boy
30-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Well done to all the volunteers and to Hibs for taking the idea on.board and backing it.

Hopefully a few people will be persuaded to renew on the back of these phone calls.

The club really needs the supporters right now and hopefully the 'let's work together' group and any initiatives that come from it lead to everyone pulling in the same direction. It's maybe a tired cliche but it really is a case of together we are stronger.

hfc rd
30-07-2012, 09:43 PM
Didn't get a phone call. But got my reasons on how I can't renew this year. But will try to make the odd game or so.

SonOfTortolano
30-07-2012, 09:49 PM
Got a phone call too. Guy was brand new and understood the issues, a bit like The Samaritans in reverse!

LOL!

down-the-slope
30-07-2012, 09:57 PM

It was good to get the sleeves rolled up for our club this evening. Supporters being fed and watered by club staff and directors as we engaged with fellow supporters.

Can I thank all those contacted - including the guy who answered his mobile in Greece :greengrin - for their willingness to chat about their reasons for non-renewal in a frank but but constructive manner.

Also can we make it clear that as small bunch of willing volunteers much as we would love to call everyone we are simply never going to manage that with the numbers we have even over 3 long evenings. Whether you get a call or not will be dependant on many factors including whether you are in when called / if the details the club had for you are current and how many calls we can get through.

blackpoolhibs
30-07-2012, 10:01 PM
Well done to all involved, just one renewal would make this a success. :top marks

matty_f
30-07-2012, 10:06 PM
Well done to all involved, just one renewal would make this a success. :top marks

:agree: Might be biased as I'm volunteering for it too, but I really hope folk see how much Hibs mean to people and how much folk will put in to try and make things better.

Hopefully folk realise that they are valued and that each and every season ticket counts.

QMU-1875
30-07-2012, 10:08 PM
Just had the call also.

I explained how I had pitched up last week with £355 for a family ticket (FF lower) but left empty handed as the computer said no, sold out!. That was it as far as I was concerned, £355 was my top end but no-one would take it.

2 minutes later I had the finance manager on the phone in utter disbelief that I had been allowed to leave the shop with the cash still in my pooch, so was I to be honest. There now appears to be a few of these packages available !!! fancy that.

So well done to the boy who phoned me, who had taken the trouble to travel down from Perth for the cause, sorry I can't remember your name, but it worked, tomorrow I pick up a season ticket for the boy and me.

Well done to those involved, there's something about seeing fellow fans being arsed that I can relate to, its purely down to you guys being arsed that I've renewed.

So if you fancy a good old fashioned Father and Son ticket for the FF lower, there are still a few available.

GGTTH
Was in the shop earlier on today and although this was a different situation the people behind the counter really dont have a clue. Me and my mate who were buying our season tickets for the season ahead had to wait about two hours to find out if we could pay the first part of the installment by cash because they didnt know, they said to come back later so we did and they still didnt know. Eventually they said we could and all was well! Just happy to have my season ticket, cant wait for the new season!

Scouse Hibee
30-07-2012, 10:28 PM
Can those of us who have already renewed also get a phone call please, "Look Sir/Madam I know you might think you've made a terrible mistake, you've made a decision that makes no financial sense what so ever. You have spent several hundred pounds on something that you might not enjoy, far less be entertained. But there, there it will all come good in the end I promise." :greengrin

Emerald
30-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Is the purpose of the phone call solely for a survey to help with "future packages" as in this statement below? Or are you also trying to gently persuade them to reconsider their decision and buy one for this season. No real reason for asking but the mention of "future packages" would suggest for next season. Brilliant job by the way, total respect.

When we were at Easter Road recently the volunteer supporters of the LWT group were taken aback to find out how few staff Hibs had to carry out customer research. The club has had to cut costs with the result that it lacks the resources to reach out to it's supporter base. We offered to help if Hibs could provide offices, phones and refreshments

We are in the process of designing a simple supporter questionnaire and on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday next week it is proposed that a group of board members, managers, staff and supporters will gather at Easter Road to call fellow Hibbies who used to have a season ticket and don't yet have one for this coming season. Supporters will be asked to help us complete a short survey. We aim to find out if they are still considering renewal and if not - what would have to change before they would renew again e.g. Improved results, location, personal finances, money, payment methods, family deals or other incentives.This research will provide valuable information to our marketing team to help tailor future packages.

When posting replies please respect that is a supporter offer to work with the club and we are not acting on behalf of the whole support. It's been a personal decision on everyone's part. We believe most Hibs supporters would rather talk to a fellow Hibby or staff member rather than some random company or temp. Please note that full Data Protection controls and protocols will be in place and volunteers will have no access to anyone's personal information

In the last 24 hours ten volunteers have already offered an evening of their time and we need to double that number by the weekend to make the exercise really worthwhile. We appreciate there are a lot of folk on holiday at the moment but if you are considering helping out, please PM me your name and phone number and I will happily talk you through what we need. It will be a rewarding experience and the start of a closer working partnership between players, supporters and management

Please help back Pat Fenlon and Hibs for the season ahead

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?2...rom-Hibs-Today (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?241675-Letter-From-Hibs-Today)

GGTTH

PPZPOL
30-07-2012, 10:30 PM

Got an ST question that someone on here might be able to answer for me. If I go along to get an ST do I just get shown a stand plan with available seats left and I pick one or are you able to actually get inside the ground to see the actual seat prior to buying? The reason I ask is that I'm thinking of getting an ST on my own in the FF but it's the stand I've been in least so quite fancied checking out pitch view beforehand.
:hibees

Scouse Hibee
30-07-2012, 10:34 PM
Got an ST question that someone on here might be able to answer for me. If I go along to get an ST do I just get shown a stand plan with available seats left and I pick one or are you able to actually get inside the ground to see the actual seat prior to buying? The reason I ask is that I'm thinking of getting an ST on my own in the FF but it's the stand I've been in least so quite fancied checking out pitch view beforehand.

I suppose it depends on how busy/staff available. I personally asked to enter the ground years back and was allowed to see my seat before buying, it was quiet when I went so no real problem. In general you just pick a seat by looking at the plan,but it does no harm to ask.

down-the-slope
30-07-2012, 10:35 PM

Just buy from plan and try (not enough staff to let people into ground). The TO are very good at letting people 'swap seats' at a later date.

PPZPOL
30-07-2012, 10:47 PM
Just buy from plan and try (not enough staff to let people into ground). The TO are very good at letting people 'swap seats' at a later date.

Thanks very much, thought that would be the case to be honest. I'll just go with my instinct and hope it's a good view of the pitch and more importantly that I am not lumbered beside any AVB or Brendan Rogers wannabe's.

Viva_Palmeiras
30-07-2012, 11:04 PM
Just to echo DTS thanks guys and girl who took my calls and gave great feedback.
Comments have been noted and passed back to the club.

Folks still have a love for the club despite these testing times.

Frank Moon
30-07-2012, 11:12 PM
Thanks very much, thought that would be the case to be honest. I'll just go with my instinct and hope it's a good view of the pitch and more importantly that I am not lumbered beside any AVB or Brendan Rogers wannabe's.

Rows FF and GG in the upper are good but don't go to many rows further back and seat nos around 90 to 100 will give you a good view at the left hand side between post and six yard box. Have sat there for years and it's ideal.

QMU-1875
30-07-2012, 11:16 PM
anyone know how the sales are doing? wouldnt mind knowing how many we have sold so far!

JohnStephens91
31-07-2012, 01:12 AM
I wish I could pitch in and help with this but I am on all night shifts at work this week and I'm only off on Thursday and Saturday :(

Also to the guy wondering about the FF, the lower is a great view if you sit in one of the back rows, and you can get a very impressive view of the pitch from the upper in most sections.

I'm_cabbaged
31-07-2012, 05:08 AM

Spot on, well done to all involved. If my phone goes when I'm over a six foot putt tonight I'm no goin to be happy though :)

Lucius Apuleius
31-07-2012, 05:34 AM
Excellent initiative, well done to all involved. The results would be interesting to see, as in whether it is result or financially driven. If financially whether price of ST or due to recession.

jodjam
31-07-2012, 05:43 AM
Well done to the folk giving up their time. Hope you get a few to re-new and make it all worthwhile.

NAE NOOKIE
31-07-2012, 06:43 AM
Hats off to anybody helping with this. I'm sure supporters respond a lot better to a call from somebody who has been sharing their pain as it were.

Lets hope a few folk change their minds on the back of it.

:thumbsup:

Mikey
31-07-2012, 07:27 AM
Was in the shop earlier on today and although this was a different situation the people behind the counter really dont have a clue. Me and my mate who were buying our season tickets for the season ahead had to wait about two hours to find out if we could pay the first part of the installment by cash because they didnt know, they said to come back later so we did and they still didnt know. Eventually they said we could and all was well! Just happy to have my season ticket, cant wait for the new season!

I think they've cut too far on the ticketing front. I don't know how much of a saving would have been made by releasing Melissa (assuming that's what happened) but letting 3 or 4 years of experience walk out the door causes problems like this.

Well done to those who are making the calls. You're making a difference :aok:

Chuck Rhoades
31-07-2012, 08:35 AM
I have contacted on of the guys helping run this to see if a director can get into the clubshop today to brief the staff on the ST package. Prices, options etc as there has been 5/6 people now saying they haven't got a club.

Perhaps the club could draw up a Q&A for the staff.

We should be making it as easy as possible to renew!

marinello59
31-07-2012, 08:43 AM
This is one of the most heartening threads I have read in a long time. Well done to all of those taking positive action to improve things.:thumbsup:

RIP
31-07-2012, 09:26 AM
I have contacted on of the guys helping run this to see if a director can get into the clubshop today to brief the staff on the ST package. Prices, options etc as there has been 5/6 people now saying they haven't got a club.

Perhaps the club could draw up a Q&A for the staff.

We should be making it as easy as possible to renew!

I've done a quick email to Russell and Judith with a link

From: To: RSmith@hibernianfc.co.uk, jireland@hibernianfc.co.uk
Date: 31/07/2012 10:24
Subject: Season Ticket information and training for club shop staff

Russell

Following your successful winback of the guy and his son that had been misinformed by shop staff I thought you would be interested to read some of the other comments on this thread.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?242039-season-ticket-phone-calls

It suggests there's a wider training requirement that needs addressed urgently

Hopefully you can act swiftly to remedy this

Kind regards
GM
Let's Work Together

Viva_Palmeiras
31-07-2012, 09:31 AM
Just had a call.

At the risk of turning a positive into a negative though its a shame the club couldn't have made these calls earlier, at renewal time I probably could have been persuaded but now was too late, I've made my mind up and am not for changing it, if we make a decent start to the season ill get a half season ticket though.

To be fair to the club this was something touched on in the LWT forum, holidays have played a part in getting organised all things being well we were looking to see if something could have been
Done last week. So I hope it's not viewed as too little too late.

goosefat
31-07-2012, 09:45 AM

It's definitely worth asking if you can see the seat. A couple of years ago when I decided to move away from Mrs. Vuvuzela behind me I asked to check out the new seat in person. It was a quiet weekday morning and the guy got the keys and was happy to oblige.

RIP
31-07-2012, 09:50 AM
One of the most rewarding aspects of making calls last night was the reinforcement that this is our club. We are a family and not because our Marketing department says so. Not one of us got a hard time from fellow supporters and yet everyone I spoke to was speaking directly and passionately from the heart

While of course the derisory home form, abysmal cup final display and lack of funds for investment had impacted heavily on everybody's appetite for regular attendance, one factor hit home with me me in the majority of non-renewal responses

Kick Off Times:grr:
It's not that long ago I had a pattern to my life where Saturday Afternoon was my family fitba day. Taking my 2 laddies, meeting my brother and his kids, maybe rolling in lunch and / or meeting mates. The TV companies have all but destroyed that for me and it seems loads of other Hibbies.

A lot of you do other things on a Saturday morning so lunchtime games are difficult. I've got my son's fitba so I either bump him or Hibs. Some of you work on a Sat am, play golf matches, do stuff wi your other kids or have far to travel (loads of out of town Hibbies on my list last night)

Sundays me and 2 other volunteers have kirk stuff. Others have family commitments (wife, kids, mum, dad etc). I struggle to attend any Sunday game and it seems I'm not alone. Midweek matches a lot of people work late and I'm an hours drive away from ER so they are a struggle as well.

Saturday at 3pm
How many Saturday 3pm SPL games were there for us supporters last season? 10? 11? £400 for a ST translates into 40 pound a home game for some of us?!! Maybe the club should sell a 'Traditional Membership' which offers a ticket for 3pm on a Saturday only? A 10-game package for £225? Your seat becomes a walkup seat for other times. :dunno:

GreenPJ
31-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Just had a call.

Glory hunter :devil:

1875 NO 1
31-07-2012, 10:02 AM

Russell

Following your successful winback of the guy and his son that had been misinformed by shop staff I thought you would be interested to read some of the other comments on this thread.

Kind regards
GM
Let's Work Together

You guys are working hard to improve things. Hats of to you. But its another example of half baked organisation by ticket office.

Judith should have had this in hand.

On sat we got letters saying use your current season ticket. Also, fans told to collect new season ticks. Then a day later they are posting them out.

All a waste of time and money. When we are gettong told by Rod - we are skint.

The club is a shambles.

Mikey
31-07-2012, 10:06 AM
You guys are working hard to improve things. Hats of to you. But its another example of half baked organisation by ticket office.

Judith should have had this in hand.

On sat we got letters saying use your current season ticket. Also, fans told to collect new season ticks. Then a day later they are posting them out.

All a waste of time and money. When we are gettong told by Rod - we are skint.

The club is a shambles.

Can you not just use one of your user names please?

ronaldo7
31-07-2012, 11:19 AM

Russell

Kind regards
GM
Let's Work Together

Do you still need people for tonight to man the phones?

PPZPOL
31-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Sorry to put this off topic again but just to say thanks to all the guys who have advised me on good seats in the FF. I'm hoping that due to the fact I'm a person buying on own that I might be able to get a decent seat somewhere as there may be some singles here and there in the good areas.

Off tomorrow & Thursday and been paid so that's when I'll head along to Easter Road to sort this out, looking forward to the new season despite all the summer shenanigans and that last game of our season. I think it is the fact that teams will have to live more within there means and give younger guys a chance that has given me a bit of appetite back. As long as Scottish Football finds its level and we can restructure from top to bottom for the good of the game (not for individual teams gain) then I think this could be the start of something interesting and even exciting, it might be painful to start with but long term this is the answer, short term fixes do not work.

I would say Pat Fenlon's letter also helped me get this ST and I had a missed call the other day which I'm guessing relates to this thread so I would congratulate all the guys who are taking part in that as well. Like someone else said earlier in thread - 1 renewal from that scheme would be a success but let's hope for more.

All that I ask personally this season is some get up and go and enthusiasm on the park, not much to ask from a professional football team.

GGTTH

RIP
31-07-2012, 02:46 PM
Do you still need people for tonight to man the phones?

Thanks to you and your son for volunteering - I've provided details by PM :thumbsup:

We need one more volunteer for tomorrow as well

It's actually really enjoyable talking (or having a greetin' meeting' ) with fellow Hibbies and having your pizza bought and coffee made by a Hibs director / manager is no bad either :greengrin

GGTTH

down-the-slope
31-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Just about end of tonight session I guess - lets hope that it was another good stint with the opportunity for more good conversations...good to hear from any more who have been contacted as to their experience of it...:aok:

DH1875
31-07-2012, 08:38 PM

If you've got an account on the eticket then you can check the seating plan on there and see what seats are available. You can even see the view for your seat for some of them :thumbsup:.
Have a look, see what you fancy and then tell them tomorrow what seat you want.

Hiber-nation
31-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Just about end of tonight session I guess - lets hope that it was another good stint with the opportunity for more good conversations...good to hear from any more who have been contacted as to their experience of it...:aok:

Sorry to Joyce for having to listen to all my moans! But it was good to have someone listening and taking it all in.

ronaldo7
31-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Just back from ER, and my ears are ringing:greengrin

Thanks to all the Hibs fans who took time to respond to the calls this evening, it was good talking/listening to you.

Onwards and upwards guys.:pfgwa

down-the-slope
31-07-2012, 09:30 PM
I am hearing another good shift was had...more valuble feedback and some renewals and people wanting call backs....

For those still considering a ST remember Friday 5pm is the deadline for the pre-season payment 50/50 plan

HibbyDave
31-07-2012, 09:34 PM
Not received a call so far. Not too worried though as I still can't balance the fact of the club spending thousands of pounds on a tour of Belgium when we still need to sign QUALITY Players.

Two decent matches at ER against reasonable opposition would put moneyin the bank and we would have made cash for the club. Instead, let's beg off the fans again!

:tin hat:

Gerard
31-07-2012, 09:37 PM
I am hearing another good shift was had...more valuble feedback and some renewals and people wanting call backs....

For those still considering a ST remember Friday 5pm is the deadline for the pre-season payment 50/50 plan

A lot of good calls and valuable conversations with our Hibs fans.it was a valuable and profitable night in getting feedback from these fans.
G

ronaldo7
31-07-2012, 09:37 PM
Not received a call so far. Not too worried though as I still can't balance the fact of the club spending thousands of pounds on a tour of Belgium when we still need to sign QUALITY Players.

Two decent matches at ER against reasonable opposition would put moneyin the bank and we would have made cash for the club. Instead, let's beg off the fans again!

PM your number mate and I'll give you a personal one to one:wink:

down-the-slope
31-07-2012, 09:39 PM
A lot of good calls and valuable conversations with our Hibs fans.it was a valuable and profitable night in getting feedback from these fans.
G

Well done for heading up tonights efforts Gerard :aok:

RIP
31-07-2012, 09:40 PM

Fair point about the tour. I've always been led to believe these are crucial team-building exercises but yes - ticket money would have come in handy

After last night though it's clear that the vast majority of us realise that supporter money funds every club. Unless you have a millionaire or billionaire willing to invest their personal fortune. The days of taking out bank loans to sign players are long gone, as are the calls for 'investment'.

We are the only investors in our club so we need to be involved to make sure our money is invested wisely

Viva_Palmeiras
31-07-2012, 10:00 PM
G

Nice one Gerard well done to all the Tuesday nighters.

Gerard
31-07-2012, 10:02 PM
D
Well done for heading up tonights efforts Gerard :aok:

thanks it was a good team effort tonight and thanks to the people who arranged soft drinks and hot pizza
G

aunty joyce
31-07-2012, 10:25 PM
Sorry to Joyce for having to listen to all my moans! But it was good to have someone listening and taking it all in.

Awhh you're very welcome I have to say it was an enjoyable experience speaking to so many fellow supporters and truly appreciate everyone taking the time out of their evening to answer the questions posed . . . Your attitude was amazing and heart-warming.

Apologies to the gentleman who was in the middle of eating his dinner when I phoned but still continued with the call, I hope you enjoyed the rest of your meal :-)

Whatever peoples reasons are for not renewing their season ticket this season, one thing came across loud and clear . . . we are all very passionate about Hibernian FC.

Lucius Apuleius
01-08-2012, 05:08 AM
D

thanks it was a good team effort tonight and thanks to the people who arranged soft drinks and hot pizza
G

Well done Bro.

Big_D
01-08-2012, 05:35 AM
A friend of mine has just bought a ST at Aberdeen £314 for him and his son gets his free . Pricing like that might help shift a few

H18sry
01-08-2012, 06:56 AM
I received a call last night and it was very helpful and understanding, now waiting on a follow up call that may end up in me purchasing 2 season tickets for me and the boy :aok:

Jack
01-08-2012, 07:23 AM
A friend of mine has just bought a ST at Aberdeen £314 for him and his son gets his free . Pricing like that might help shift a few

Ah, but you'd only get to see Hibs once or twice :na na:

down-the-slope
01-08-2012, 07:35 AM

we have a £355 deal in FF lower where its adult and under 11 ticket......

Big_D
01-08-2012, 05:07 PM
we have a £355 deal in FF lower where its adult and under 11 ticket......

I didn't know that :thumbsup:

matty_f
01-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Just back home after a stint on the phones. Have to say it was great talking to hibbies and hearing so many folk speak so passionately about Hibs. Hopefully get a good few renewals as well.

down-the-slope
01-08-2012, 10:04 PM
Just back home after a stint on the phones. Have to say it was great talking to hibbies and hearing so many folk speak so passionately about Hibs. Hopefully get a good few renewals as well.

Well done the wednesday team :not worth ... just wish we had more time ....

Remember whether you received a call or not your and your views ARE important. Purely the limited time and number volunteering made it impossible to get through any more...

But every ST is another passionate Hibbie in the stadium and more in the pot for Pat to try and get a team on the park that starts to take us i the right direction

Gerard
01-08-2012, 10:07 PM

Remember whether you received a call or not your and your views ARE important. Purely the limited time and number volunteering made it impossible to get through any more...

But every ST is another passionate Hibbie in the stadium and more in the pot for Pat to try and get a team on the park that starts to take us i the right direction

Well done to the team tonight
It would appear that there have beene lot of good conversations with our fans and this has been a successful exercise
G

matty_f
01-08-2012, 10:38 PM

:agree: It would have been fantastic to have had the time and resources to phone everyone.

Tom Hart RIP
02-08-2012, 09:48 AM
I'm not a member of 'Let's Work Together' but I had some spare time and thought I'd try and help,so I was one of the volunteers.
What struck me most was how passionate the fans are about the club and how desperate everyone is for some success. Even the people who have had enough after the cup final said they would still pay at the game but pick and choose games. Not one person I spoke to said they wouldn't be back.

It occurred to me that this was the second time Hibs had supplied me with free grub. 30 odd years ago, I turned up at Easter Road and helped clear snow off the pitch to allow a game against Motherwell to go ahead, and Bertie Auld paid for chips for us all.

Anyone else remember that?

leith62
02-08-2012, 12:01 PM

I have been a member of this site for many years and very rarely post however I would like to add my experience of the season ticket phone calls. I received a call last night and I was very impressed with the guy on the other end of the phone. I haven't renewed, only for the second time in 25 years, and I am sure that all the reasons I gave had been heard before but I was listened to and had a good discussion about many of the points. I was never made to feel that I was being judged on my decision or that I was any less of a fan for making it. I really appreciated the effort and after the call actually felt quite sad about no longer being a Season Ticket holder. There are many different issues that have led me not to renew, some that are outwith the control of the club, some that are not, but after last night I feel I will be back as a Season Ticket holder sooner rather than later. Thanks again, all of you that have been involved are a credit to the club.

Lucius Apuleius
02-08-2012, 12:36 PM
I have been a member of this site for many years and very rarely post however I would like to add my experience of the season ticket phone calls. I received a call last night and I was very impressed with the guy on the other end of the phone. I haven't renewed, only for the second time in 25 years, and I am sure that all the reasons I gave had been heard before but I was listened to and had a good discussion about many of the points. I was never made to feel that I was being judged on my decision or that I was any less of a fan for making it. I really appreciated the effort and after the call actually felt quite sad about no longer being a Season Ticket holder. There are many different issues that have led me not to renew, some that are outwith the control of the club, some that are not, but after last night I feel I will be back as a Season Ticket holder sooner rather than later. Thanks again, all of you that have been involved are a credit to the club.

Cannae say I blame you. You sound far too intelligent and reasonable!!!!! :wink:

down-the-slope
02-08-2012, 04:17 PM
I'm not a member of 'Let's Work Together' but I had some spare time and thought I'd try and help,so I was one of the volunteers.
What struck me most was how passionate the fans are about the club and how desperate everyone is for some success. Even the people who have had enough after the cup final said they would still pay at the game but pick and choose games. Not one person I spoke to said they wouldn't be back.

It occurred to me that this was the second time Hibs had supplied me with free grub. 30 odd years ago, I turned up at Easter Road and helped clear snow off the pitch to allow a game against Motherwell to go ahead, and Bertie Auld paid for chips for us all.

Anyone else remember that?

Tom - no membership needed...only qualification is passion for the club and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get involved in things that try to have a positive effect on our club...you have done that :not worth so you ARE a part of LWT.

down-the-slope
02-08-2012, 04:21 PM

Thanks for your post - its really heartning that the genuine intentions we had in doing this has been received in the manner we intended.

It is OUR club and if we don't direct our collective frustrations into positive actions...then we will never see OUR club back to a place we can be justifiably proud of.

WhileTheChief..
02-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Sounds like it was a really worthwhile exercise.

Anyone got a bit of a summary of the main reasons for not renewing?

I mean, was it predominantly down to the team on the park recently, pricing, kick off times or indeed were there any random / funny reasons for not renewing?

Cheers

down-the-slope
02-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Sounds like it was a really worthwhile exercise.

Anyone got a bit of a summary of the main reasons for not renewing?

I mean, was it predominantly down to the team on the park recently, pricing, kick off times or indeed were there any random / funny reasons for not renewing?

Cheers

Poor quality of team over prolonged period and lack of consistent management / poor Spl Standard
Constantly changing inconvenient KO Times and short notice changes
Personal financial circumstances
Cost of ST with particular relation to it not being cost effective if a game or 2 missed (often related to point 2)

These are main and in order reasons for non-renewal

As for random / funny reasons.......:greengrin Mums the word

rcarter1
02-08-2012, 07:32 PM
Poor quality of team over prolonged period and lack of consistent management / poor Spl Standard
Constantly changing inconvenient KO Times and short notice changes
Personal financial circumstances
Cost of ST with particular relation to it not being cost effective if a game or 2 missed (often related to point 2)

These are main and in order reasons for non-renewal

As for random / funny reasons.......:greengrin Mums the word

Cracking stuff! High fives to everyone involved. :top marks Im liking the Idea of the lets work together idea big style. :aok:

scoopyboy
02-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Well done to everyone involved in this fine initiative.

It would be good if the number of seasons that have been sold with the calls could be released by the club.

I know Hibs don't like revealing ST sales but a one off that the supporters / volunteers have sold would be a boost for the whole Hibs club.

down-the-slope
02-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Well done to everyone involved in this fine initiative.

It would be good if the number of seasons that have been sold with the calls could be released by the club.

I know Hibs don't like revealing ST sales but a one off that the supporters / volunteers have sold would be a boost for the whole Hibs club.

Scoops - The idea was supporters talking to supporters about reasons for non-renewal. Yes a number directly renewed on the back of this (and I'm sure more will have made the desicion to do so on reflection) but this was not a 'strong arm / don't take no sales pitch' as you can see from some of the post so for from individuals who received calls.

It was a start in re-connecting US the support with OUR club. Hopefully the first of many such active initiatives that will see change for the better

scoopyboy
02-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Scoops - The idea was supporters talking to supporters about reasons for non-renewal. Yes a number directly renewed on the back of this (and I'm sure more will have made the desicion to do so on reflection) but this was not a 'strong arm / don't take no sales pitch' as you can see from some of the post so for from individuals who received calls.

It was a start in re-connecting US the support with OUR club. Hopefully the first of many such active initiatives that will see change for the better

I appreciate what you are saying but if one to one talks between Hibs fans have resulted in more season tickets being bought then it IMO should be made public.

From feedback on here (on this thread) even ones who haven't renewed have been quite upbeat about the initiative.

Anything that helps Hibs fans bond which in turn could get us closer to where we want to be should be made public.

It may even get more people involved.

We need good news.

RIP
02-08-2012, 10:55 PM
I appreciate what you are saying but if one to one talks between Hibs fans have resulted in more season tickets being bought then it IMO should be made public.

From feedback on here (on this thread) even ones who haven't renewed have been quite upbeat about the initiative.

Anything that helps Hibs fans bond which in turn could get us closer to where we want to be should be made public.

It may even get more people involved.

We need good news.

Good stuff J

To let you and others know though that we didn't renew a single supporter. We were only doing a survey and even if people were swithering at the end of the call, they still had to get a follow up call from TO staff the next day. Then they would still have to actually renew. So no direct renewals were made during the telethons.

However some tremendous feedback was received and great stats on the reasons for non-renewal. We are aiming to have a follow up meeting with management next week and a report will be published on messageboards then.

As other volunteers have stated it was a hugely rewarding experience for us all

c31
02-08-2012, 11:10 PM
How many fans didn't renew?
Was it the reported 2000+ or more or less, were you given the full list of non renews

JohnStephens91
03-08-2012, 01:59 AM
Was it the reported 2000+ or more or less, were you given the full list of non renews

You need to renew to find out :wink:

RIP
03-08-2012, 10:25 AM

Renewals
ST renewals are still a work in progress.
Several supporters I spoke to were still swithering and weren't rushing to meet the payment plan deadline today
I wouldn't mind betting some more Hibbies will sign up over the next week

List
We had some data protection legal stuff to sign and were only given a couple of sheets each of names and phone numbers
Only management know the figures and I think it's good that they are starting to broadcast these at long last

Remember we mainly conducting a survey and gathering valuable info, rather than signing anyone up